Reviews of Centro Hotel Conti This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Brüsseler Str. 40 - 42, Neustadt Süd, 50674 Cologne, Germany

#177 of 223 hotels in Cologne

Hotel too expensive for the service offered. Hotel room too warm. No air con so I had to let the window opened and lots of noise from outside! Noise from the cars and drunk people can be very annoying so hear plugs are more than necessary!!! The room was not so clean and equipment is limited to the minimum.

The staff at reception was friendly. Hotel very well located near the restaurants and bars. Covered parking not far.

We were supposed to have a double bed, but instead it was two singles put side by side.

Great breakfast and location was in a nice lively area. Good value for money.

I had booked the garage but when I arrived all the places were already full. In any case, after almost half hour of discussion of the receptionist with the chief, I had a reinbursment to go to an external garage. Tents in the room leave to enter completely the light in the room in the morning. The tv was very little. The beds had separated mattresses.

Quite good Breakfast, big room. Distance from the centre accaptable to walk.

The WiFi didnt connect in my room. Only in the lobby

Really comfortable, I could reach everything in the city by food. Nice staff. I would book a room there again.

The room could be slightly bigger ..

Very friendly environment .. excellent location next To city center.. with safe underground parking with lots of space.. very good breakfast. The most friendly receptionist..

Noisy neighbourhood. Small room. We requested twin bed, but got double bed instead.

The location. Hotel is located near city Center. There are a lot of cafes and restaurants just across the street.

Wifi was not working, really loudly street. There was difficult to sleep, we had a room that was facing the street.

Really clean place, nice staff. Very good breakfast. Beds comfortable.

Wifi bad signal at 2nd floor, had to restart every 15 min. Limited possibilities to pay - no mobilepay, no paypal. When I booked this hotel, the equal amount became reserved. But at check out they said it hasn't. Antway, the amount was not disposal for me. Then I thought my card became hacked somewhere and I didn't want to pay with it. When I asked about other possibilities to pay, the girl at the reception was nearly to arrest me. Á priori negative attitude to all clients as if everybody wants to foolish the hotel! I found the solution to the problem and paid, but the hotel did nothing to help solving it.

Large clean and full- equipped room with tasty mineral water. Personnel at breakfast room was discret and quiet.

The walls are very thin and you hear everything. fortunately we where in a room facing the patio. On the other hand the rooms are rather small and especially our bath was incredibly tiny. The toilet faced the wall and our knees literally banged against it when peeing. Not recommended for claustrophobic people like me. It was ok for one night, but wouldn't stay any longer (and I have stayed at lots of hostels all around the world and don't have too high standards!)

The location is superb.

There was mould on the inside of the shower - might especially be an issue for those with allergies.

The place is nice and is in a good location. Has a great Thai restaurant right next to it.

Considering the price, I felt that the accommodations were a bit dated and that there was nothing particularly special or nice about the property, the staff, the service, the room, or the breakfast.

The location is close to places to go out, and the hotel is decent, clean, and the breakfast and service acceptable.

- The breakfast is VERY simple. No bacon, no croissants, no scrambled or sunny-side up eggs, pre-boiled coffee in a big thermos jug. - Housekeeping spread our litter all through the room instead of emptying the trash. This is very weird, never encountered this before. - Although we booked a two-person bed, we only had two single beds. Not exactly handy when travelling as couple. - The shower could use a new shower head. - Internet and TV broke down during the second day and did not get repaired until we left. They said it was because of the "storm". Well there was some wind but this should not affect the internet. - Personnel could be a little warmer.

- The location of the hotel is awesome, right in the Belgian Quarter with the best nightlife spots close by - but far enough to not be bothered by noise. - The room is fine, generally speaking. A very standard hotel room.

The mattress was average but good enough to have a nice sleep.

I booked a double room, for 3 nights. The room was comfortable, with an average mattress and good linen. The bathroom was very clean and quite spacious, with hot water and power shower. The breakfast is a continental one with a large choice (cereals, muesli, multiple seeds, multiple yogurts, multiple breads, multiple cheeses, ham, tea, coffee, butter, jam, hazelnut spread, fruit, etc...). The staff is very keen and helpful, with a 24h front desk service. I did NOT experience any noise from outside. I would easily recommend the hotel for a short stay. With regards to the location, there are pleinty of restaurants nearby the hotel, the cathedral (the center of the city) is 20min away by walk, Hohenzollernring street (hip and happening street of Koln with many restaurants and venues) is only 4/5min away by walk.

The lady at reception was very rude to her, older, male colleague (very condascending and impatient) and unfriendly and curt towards me.

It was convenient that I could leave my luggage even after I've checked out.

Already when we arrived we weren't able to get our reserved parking spot as the garage entry was too small to enter with our car (!). An unfriendly staff told us to park at an open parking where we had to pay 20 euros instead of the planned 12 at the hotel. The room was way too small, the bed absolutely uncomfortable and there was a lot of noise in the bathroom. The water turned cold after 2 minutes in the shower (each time). Fortunately we did only stay for one night. At the check out an even more unfriendly staff told us we had to pay a tax even though I had booked a business trip, unfriendly telling me that one has to make an application for a business trip (I was never asked for that in other hotels in Cologne where I travel once a month for work). When I mentioned the parking, the staff rudely told me that it wasn't her problem that I couldn't enter with my Audi A5 and that they were able to enter with their car (a friendly staff would have apologised for the inconvenience). The additional costs (parking and tax) made that I was not able to get the money reimbursed by my employer. I absolutely do not recommend this hotel because of the unfriendly staff and the poor facilities. Please take another hotel, this one is terrible, I ask myself why they have got 3 stars and call themselves "business hotel".

The location as I had to work at the University.

What was horrible was the receptionist who was totally out of line, extremely slow and very unprofessional. Our check in took over 45min before we gave up and had to fight with the lady to go for dinner and return when she is ready. This very much ruined our mood. On top of that, there was no wifi and the bathrooms were filthy.

The breakfast was nice and the general room organization.

When I arrived in the middle of the night there was no warm water in the shower. The night-lobby gave me different room that had warm water, but when I finally moved my belongings, the staff informed me that that new room was already booked and I had to reallocate to a new room. And you'll guess...no warm water there either. The next day when I explained the situation to the main hostess, she was very rude and pretended to be reading papers and told me to just e-mail a random e-mail address if I had a complaint.

Staff not helpful, lack of information (didn't advise me where my room was located and password to the free wifi) Room looked old with no air conditioner.

Location close to restaurants.

For me, The Conti Hotel was perfectly located with about an equal distance from the train station and the University of Koln, allowing me to walk everywhere all of the time. The hotel itself provided a good venue for recharging as it was simple, clean and requiring no energy.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

The room was very hot and I had to open a window. You have to ask for the wifi code at reception (it's free).

Handy location for my conference the next day and the room was very quiet. Good selection at breakfast with a nice lady helping.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

My room was quite simple set up with worn toillet sink. Room was the first floor with quite a noise comng out from street and lift in the property.

OK for the money, but not expect anything glamorous.

No air conditioning

Location. Good breakfast

The hotel is very well located, the staff is very friendly and everything is very clean.

Room was a bit stuffy

Cheerful staff and very good breakfast

To hot in the room (no airco) Bad pillow.

The location. Quiet room. Nice bathroom. Good basic breakfast.

room size, beds comfort and breakfast

Elevator us quit small

Very neat and clean hotel with have nice breakfast and located center city. Easily to get public transport

Bathroom smelled at bit weird, noisy area

Nice breakfast, TV

Our room was not cleaned in the first day.

Location and good breakfast

checkin was ridiculously slow

Nice location, nice rooms, excellent breakfast

The location was really good. We were able to park in front of the hotel for free. The staff was super friendly and helpful.

The breakfast was okay but not as much as the one I stayed the night before.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

breakfast, the position of the hotel

I do not receved my invoice yet.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Nothing I can think of.

Clean rooms, friendly staff and wonderful breakfast!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Room is pretty small

A happening location in Cologne

• Reviewed: 15 May 2016

No air-conditioning in the room and it was a bit noisy with the window open at night.

Room was clean. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Location was good relative to the University. Lot's of nice restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

Because the hotel is so central it can get noisy. As there isn't any air conditioning in the rooms, you need to open the windows, which makes it hard to sleep.

The staff were nice, the location was very convenient and the breakfast was very good

• Reviewed: 14 April 2015

- Small single room (508), small bathroom - Noisy (windows are not perfectly sealed) - Basic breakfast, unfriendly personnel there... - No WiFi connection in the rooms !! I tried on the 4th and 5th floor... (only in the lobby downstairs) - expensive hotel for what it is

+ Friendly staff + Parking + Location

• Reviewed: 12 March 2015

Unable to get any internet connection so impossible to work in the room

I'm sure this hotel is ideal for a tourist. Those on business trips should stay well away

• Reviewed: 4 January 2015

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm will have to get back to you as can't think of anything right now

The location great for City Centre but not noisy. Able to walk to all the Markets or use the Tram. Second visit and already thinking about Next year

• Reviewed: 12 February 2016

It is worth every cent. A very nice and clean hotel

• Reviewed: 31 January 2016

nothing to declare!

• Reviewed: 23 October 2015

We were in a smoking room, really disgusting!

The free breakfast buffet was really good

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

no air condition

There are also 18 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.