Reviews of Hotel Continental

#111 of 112 hotels in Nürnberg

5.5

4.7

4.4

No parking and no help with parking.THE INTERNET IN THE ROOM IS NOT WORKING AT ALL!!!!!View from the only window is disgusting!!!!The fee is REALLY high for such a hotel and service!!!!

Very frightening experience. Unacceptable. The lack of wifi and bad smell is unacceptable, too.
    • Twin Bed Room

There was no wifi due to the scaffolding on the front of the building. When we complained the staff didn't do anything to fix it. Partying youngsters climbed up the scaffoldings twice during one night up to the third floor- scared us to death. Members of Roaring loud gangs of people in front of our 3rd floor window - beside our heads - and the stuff didn't care. This is city life they said next morning. We had a Tiny little cell instead of a hotel room. Horribly narrow space. Not even enough room for a side lamp to each bed. And bad small of the sewr system. I think the rooms looking to the scaffoldings shouldn't have been in service for guests while constraction job has been on.

No wifi!!! In the XXI centuty in a big German city hotel. When we complained the staff didn'care fixing it. They explained the problem has been on due to the scaffolding, and we must accept it. During night we were scared to death because youngsters climbed up on the scaffoldings as high as our 3rd floor window. It happened two times in one night as the extrem loud companies of youngsters were marching by. We could hear people shouting beside our ears. The staff didn't do anything. Obviously we couldn't sleep all night because of the horrible experience and unbearable noise. We believe the hotelroom should not be rented out to guests when it has been scaffolding in front of the windows. Tiny little cell instead of a hotelroom. No space for a bedlamp for each bed. Bad smell of the sewer system everywhere; in the hallway and in our room, too. One positive thing was: the location.

Enjoyed our stay in Nuremberg, its a lovely city.

Hotel very dated, not very inviting entrance. In the room the lamp shade had melted and the light hanging from the ceiling was not fitted correctly.

The hotel is in a great location, near to bars and restaurants in the old walled city. Also very close to railway station. Room was basic but clean, bathroom was clean with a hot shower. It was good value for money.

Great location, if you come by bus or train, its just few...

Terrible smell from the outfall of bathroom and toilet, this was the only thing we really didn't like.

Great location, if you come by bus or train, its just few steps from the stations which are next to each other. You are also directly in the city centre, so everything is in walking distance, sightseeings and many shops around. The room is ok to stay over night and the beds are comfortable. So its valuable.

Julerito
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The bad internet connection as foreigners is not always the connectivity is good, that is why it depends on hotel wifi, it is necessary so in this case it is terrible.

La ubicación.

Disappointing as we felt vulnerable.
    • Twin Bed Room

The WIFI was non existent and as travellers with family at home this was very important to us. The desk said it would be down for a few weeks because of renovations. This should have been put on Booking.com website as we would not have booked this hotel.The shower head kept falling down. The entrance was next to and opposite sex shops. There was no light in the lift and it was completely dark. The street outside was very noisy.

Receptionist was very helpful.
    • Twin Bed Room

No secure parking for motorbikes. Even the parking stations didn't allow motorbikes in, so be aware. Hotel needs a bit of TLC.

Receptionist was very helpful.

Nuremberg 2 day stop

There was a lot of building work going on due to roof repairs which did distract a little from the stay and for the price it wasn't bad. A kettle would have been nice and another plug rather than just the 1 for the TV as most people need to charge electrical items.

The position was superb for touring Round the Old part of the City. Receptionists were very polite and helpful too.

It was clean and basic, thankfully didn’t experience the...

Could have done with a little tlc, but for the price paid compared with other nearby hotels can complain too much.

It was clean and basic, thankfully didn’t experience the previous guests mis fortunes.

DISGUSTING!

EVERYTHING!!! Greeted rudely- no eye contact in reception. No attempt to even talk a single word of English. The whole place is riddled with bugs and COCKROACHES! !! I would not even pay £10 to stay in the hotel let alone 52 that we paid per night! The staff when confronted about my bite mark that swell the size of a golf ball and infected said they don't have any bugs in the hotel and I must have been bitten by something outside of the hotel! They said it's the first time anyone said anything about bugs in the hotel! Shocking!!!! Then another said it's a 1 star hotel what do you expect?! When asked to speak to the manager they refused rudely and aggressively. Started shouting at me and waving with arms in my face. I was really scared! They said they can't help as no one can get in touch with manager! So no one can help. We asked to change rooms but the smell of the sewage pipe which was broken and could see into the sewer and the holes in the walls were even more in that room. We were over charged massively and forced to stay there the remaining days after my bite as they refused to give a refund for our hotel. We couldn't book another hotel as they refused to give us our money back! DO NOT STAY HERE!!! RIDDLED WITH ROACHES AND BUGS!!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE NO MATTER HOW CHEAP THE ROOMS ARE! Our room was over £50 per night we were massively over charged fooled and lied to! We had to pay for my Doctors consultation who also confirmed it was an infected bite from a bug that lives in carpeted and room environments!!!! And advices to also get compensation from the hotel! The hotel refused this too!!! It was a really terrible experience worse hotel experience I've ever had! I spent a whole day in bed as my infection got bigger and spread up my arm. I was sick and bad headache! WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!

The waiter in the food Hall was the only understanding human in the whole place.

Only five minutes walk from central railway station, just in the history h of the city

Early check -out. The light in my room was not enough

Its location is exactly what I needed. But there was no Internet connection, TV didn't work. The breakfast menu is not varied, there were TWO DOGS in the restaurant, one man slept on a sofa!!! So I was surprised. ...

Everything was horrible

The room and the corridors smelled awful. The receptionist didn’t speak English. Overall the hotel was really bad taken care. It’s a pity because it’s right on the centre of the city, but doesn’t worth even 1€.

Everything was horrible

The worst hotel I have experienced in Germany over 30 years of travelling.

Room stank of sewage, TV didn't work, toilet seat was loose, walls were paper thin, no shower curtain or plug, generally scruffy, poorly decorated and dirty. I complained and second room was the same but without the smell of sewage. Coffee at breakfast was like tar.

It's location was suitable if you want to be near a sex shop

Location is the only good thing of this hotel.

I asked for bread in during the breakfast. The staff pretended as if he didn't speak English and throw away his napkin to the floor. How rude! I canceled to pay for the breakfast because for 7 euro, was not worth the food selection and the service. There was no one in the reception when we left around 8AM so we left the key on the table just like everybody else. There was a note in the front door of 50 euro penalty if we took the key. So weird.. we wanted to return the key and run away from the hotel as soon as possible but no one there.

The location is very close to main train station and the old town.

Never experienced a bad hotel like this in my life and got shocked and angry to the poor service of
    • Quadruple Room

Bedbugs found in the beds and in the room ! none answers the phone calls for help! Noise and bad odors in the room - terrible and horrible experience in this hotel!

Very happy with my choise and would stay there again.
    • Bunk Bed with Shared Bathroom

There was a small bathroom in my room that smelled a bit. I am guessing it is because the building is quite old. Since I have kept the door closed, it didn't bother me otherwise.

Great location! Room was clean, bed comfortable. Staff friendly. There are plenty of bars and shops nearby. Hotel is close to the center and main train station.

It is not even a value for money. Sad stay makes you hate staying at the room.

Very poor facility. EXTREMLY weak internet. Very noisy street especially with drunk people at night. Had no working outer curtain. Only one source of electricity to plug in it weather the tv or charge the phone. Not prepared hotel as i checked in and went up to find house keeping lady telling me that she still needs 1 hour.

The location is nice.

Hotel not clean - cockroaches in room.
    • Quadruple Room

We were sharing a 4 single bed room on 3rd level. We had a visit from cockroaches in the night.. I killed one, but 3 more came out by which point no one could really settle to sleep. Definite question over cleanliness.

Great central location. Helpful english speaking receptionist.

Good location near the main train station and close to the...

There is only one power point easily accessible (others are hard to get behind the furniture). There was a trange smell, but probably due to the renovation works outside or the carpet covering the floor. Poor lighting.

Good location near the main train station and close to the old city attracions. The outside of the hotel is being renovated, the inside is old but I didn't expect more for the price. It is a good place to stay overnight.

The location is pretty good, walking distance from the...

Service is weak, they say they have internet is available for guests but when I asked for it, the older gentleman said no WiFi. Second day there was different man sitting behind the desk, he actually made me access for WiFi. If I was the owner of the property I would do serval things to put value into this place. First thing I would change the old rug that ya been sitting there since the world war, I would upgrade the doors with card c Keys so customers won’t have to carry around a half a pound key and lastly I would put a sign in the street so people know where the hotel at!

The location is pretty good, walking distance from the subway.

This hotel would have been an Art Deco delight in its day. A shame it’s so run down and unloved.
    • Twin Bed Room

Cramped room, smallest bathroom in history, no curtain to block light, no soap provided on arrival, dirt and rubbish outside the wire enclosed non-accessible balcony, reception staff ‘friendly’ but no offer of help for where to go, what to see.

Location excellent - a 5 minute walk from the vent real train station and 1 minute to he Main Street.

Great location, excellent price. The room is a bit outdated but you get what you pay for.
    • Twin Bed Room

The room was a bit run down, not like on the pictures. It was ok, but expected it a bit better based on the pictures. Although it was the cheapest hotel in Nurnberg city centre, so no complaint

The location is great. We went to party in Nurnberg and there was a brilliant club right opposite of the hotel. The hotel is recommended if you want to go out.

Clean but uncomfortable
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The location of the hotel is amazing. By only a few minutes of walking you can get to the main square. From the Airport it was like 8 stops until we get there. The rooms are not exactly what they shown on the pictures. We stayed there for one night. It was clean, but i would not recommend it for longer trips.

The

Somebody walk into my room in the middle of the night and my...

Somebody walk into my room in the middle of the night and my door was locked The advert said 5 euro for breakfast They told me 7 euro and the morning I want breakfast ending up paying 9 euro

It's cheap and a great location to stay at especially if...

It's cheap and a great location to stay at especially if your just looking for a night on the town at a few local bars. This hotel is conveniently right in the middle of a lot of them.

Good location, great price, would stay here again.

The single room was very small (narrow), but fine for my purposes of visiting for a day and leaving early the next morning. The hallways smell a bit of cigarettes even though it is a non-smoking hotel, but once I was in my room there was no smell, so it was fine.

Very well located. A few blocks from the main train station, within the old city walls, and walking distance to everything historic. It wasn't even very loud even, though there is a club right across the street. For the price, I would stay here again for a short trip, since I am hardly ever in my room.

Find another place.

Very run down hotel. We slept in Vienna for the same price in a luxury spotless hotel.

The only advantage was the location. The parking was a hefty 16 euros. Avoid.

There were no working table lamp (light bulb fall of when I...
    • Quadruple Room

There were no working table lamp (light bulb fall of when I moved lamp), TV didnt work becouse there were no electic plug, no aditional electrice plugs (only one conected directly to the wires in the wall).

Stop during the trip.

Room was dirty- under the bed were trash, a lot of dust around the bed, very low temperature in room, double bed wasnt double, because the bed had 2 separated mattress- we had a hole between them.

Not advisable if you want peaceful & quite stay

There was lot of noise outside my room for a construction work happening. Booking.com did not mention this issue on site else i wouldnt book this hotel. There were shutters outside the windown so there was no possibility to get fresh air even after opening the window & the room was really dark all the time. That was really suffocating at night & dingy. I requested for a room change but hotel refused it. I wish i had known this before booking. Early morning around 5.30 am there was huge banging for 20 mins outside the room of construction work & it was really disturbing. I couldnt sleep well. Also hotels are nowadays are increasing the checkin time from 12 noon to 1.30 pm to 2 pm which is unfair & useless if you are tired from a long distance travel & wish to checkin immediately. This is happening very subtly & no one seems to be objecting. I usually arrive at 7 to 9 am in germany but i have to wait till 1 or sometimes till 2.30 pm to checkin which is quite annoying. Booking.com should also mention following criteria clearly. 1. Payment in cash should be confirmed 100% upon checking. Specially if requested by custoner at the time of booking. 2. Any construction activity hapening around the hotel should be informed to customers. 3. Both Checkin & checkout should be 12 noon as customers are paying for long hrs.

Close to the shopping area Decent breakfast

Good location but the disco in front of it

Unfortunately the hotel is in front of a disco and even more unfortunately the music is so loud it seems to sleep in the disco. I've been in Nünberg during a weekend so the disco was open and i could sleep only 3 hours per night because of the music.

Very good location as it's in the real city center. I recommend to have the breakfast in the hotel for it's good quality/price ratio

TERRIBLE!!!

I don't like to sleep in the room where the temperatur is 15C. I don't like to be laughed and sneered at the staff including the director of the hotel.

Location. No more

Awful hotel. Really. Dont go there!
    • Twin Bed Room

Had to carry the luggade upstairs to the floor where the elevator was placed. Really really dirty everywhere, is any cleaning staff really working there?? In our room the toilet was full of poop and the floor was missing, it was only a cold stonefloor that was broken. Lots of hair in the bathroom too. We got a new room that was actually better but the cleaning was still very bad. ICE COLD during the night! We had to sleep with all our clothes on! And during the nights the hotwater disapperad too..strange. In the bathroom, both the sink and the shower was so bad that there was only a small small stream of water coming out of the taps. Only the night staff spoke english, no one on the dayshift obviously. The duvet and pillows was so thin that it didnt even help against the freezing during the night. The pictures here on Booking.com did NOT show the right impression of the hotel!

The only positive to say about this hotel is the old beautiful building, on the outside.

Not much expectations and still dissapointed

The room was basic, which I expected, but it had a strong unpleasant smell, even after opening the windows for a while. I had asked for breakfast at my arrival and was told to check with the recepionist next morning. I was told there would be breakfast from 7:30 onwards. 10 minutes to 8:00 the doors to the breakfastroom were still closed. At 8:00 it was still closed and no one to be found at the reception. I left.

It is located very central and close to the trainstation. Easy to find.

Great location, dire for business
    • Bunk Bed with Shared Bathroom

I knew this was a budget choice with a shared bathroom. What was not acceptable was that the shared shower had no working lock. What was unacceptable for business was that wifi did not work (wegen Umbau) and that the electric sockets in my room were disconnected. After a busy day at embedded world my PC and phone batteries were empty by the morning. Horrible!

Location is good (apart from the sex shops) in the Altstadt. Very handy for Hauptbahnhof, cityc centre restaurants and U-Bahn

Worst hotel ever
    • Bunk Bed with Shared Bathroom

Not cleeean, bod conditions and no bathrooms only share bathroom and very dirty

Not clean at all, I'm not recommending this hotel. I paid for 4 nights but I stayed 1 night then left to another hotel

Not That Good !

Room was dirty, not vacuumed, cosmetics packaging behind the cabinet probably from previous guest. TV didn't work. Wifi very week first day, second non existing. Room separated with next room only by locked door, for this reason you can hear every single breath of the next door guest. Feels like sharing a room with somebody.

Staff in the reception is nice.

Avoid

Hotel is tired, old and very poor value. Not even a hanger in the wardrobe to hang a shirt on. Furniture is so cheap and for the bargain price of 234 euros a night. Nobody at the desk when I got there. Had to ring the hotel on my mobile from the front desk to get someone to check me in.

Terrible place. Avoid unless a cardboard box is your only alternative.

What didn't Iike? Pretty much everything. The all-pervading stench of stale tobacco smoke. The peeling plaster. The disgusting carpets. The woeful 'shower'. The vile bathroom. The noise.

What did I like? Not much... the location was convenient to the underground and that's about it.

The Hotel has great potential but at this moment I wouldn't recommend it.
    • Quadruple Room

At first, we thought the hotel despite its age was clean and neat but then a COCKROACH ran out of our bathroom! Aaaaa......! The bathroom had no curtains on the window so anyone could see what is happening inside. The shower door was badly damaged so there was no way to close it. The shower holder was not working so to take a bath you had to hold the shower in hand. As we went to bet we found out that the quilt was so short I couldn't properly cover my legs and shoulders at the same time (I am 1,62 cm tall).

The Hotel was ok, placed in the center of Norynberg. Beautifull old building (too bad they didn't have any information flyers about its history). The rooms were big and comfortable. The staff is VERY polite and helping - perfect English speakers.

Horrible.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Oh here what I liked : The room was very very small, old furnished, the wall were wet from the humidity. It was a nightmare (like being in a prision). There was one bathrom shared with other 15 rooms. The room smelled like it was just painted 5 minutes before. It was my worst experince during those year. Please stay out of this hotel beacuse you will be sick.

Very clean
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The check in was very difficult. I had to find someone in the hotel on my own as there was nobody at the reception. The maid I found did not speak English. Although they say they will get 80% of the price from your credit card they got the full price without asking me. Maybe I wanted to pay the rest in cash.

Very clean Central location

Dungeon-like and construction filled.
    • Bunk Bed with Shared Bathroom

Hotel is mid-Reno, the halls dark and full of construction materials. There are ominous messages posted about how the emergency fire exits are inoperable due to the construction. Overall, very dark and dungeon-like, twin-bunk beds in a cold and narrow room with a grimy shared hall bathroom. Wifi is not free, and there is only one person working the hotel so service is generally not available.

Just bad, felt haunted, avoid.

This was probably the worst hotel I've ever been in. The place was freaky, the doors to close the room did not seem safe. The sink in the bathroom kept getting stopped up and the shower water was not hot enough to even take a shower. The room wasn't clean, and there was almost never anyone at the checkout counter. I ended up just leaving the key and a note to check out. The hotel is located on a street with strip clubs, sex shops, and casinos and was just sketchy. Overall it felt like a haunted hotel.

The only thing likeable about this place is the location

The doorman that checked me out was the highlight of my stay...

The bed was way too soft for my taste. I like my mattress to be firm and this was so soft I felt like I was sleeping on the frame itself. That is my opinion but if you don’t like soft beds then stay clear of this one. I also have had a sore shoulder since sleeping on this mattress. Also, the pillow could be thicker and not so paper thin or at least have some extra pillow in the closet. Also a wider comforter would be nice. I kept feeling like it was falling off of me or maybe it was for a childs bed. Also, the male maid should have knocked before he unlocked my door to come in and start cleaning. Also, there needs to be some sound proofing to be done. I could hear everything. From people to unlocking their doors to the next door neighbor talking with someone. It wasn’t a very good nights sleep before a important audition for me.

The doorman that checked me out was the highlight of my stay here. I thought that the place and facilities were quite clean and seemed like it would be a great nights stay. Great WIFI though.

Good location, however facilities are outdated.

The 'double' bed that we paid extra for was actually 2 single beds pushed together with a large gap in the middle.

Location was great, within walking distance to a lot of the large attractions in Nuremburg.

Localization very good, 200m from main street, nice...
    • Quadruple Room

Hotel inside looks like built during Konrad Adenauer presidency, and not changed since this time. Everything very old.

Localization very good, 200m from main street, nice breakfast.

Would go back there only if nothing else was available for 20-25 euro more.
    • Twin Bed Room

Shower had some mold and plastic doors/ stall. Carpeted floors, you can only keep carpets so clean...

Right in the heart of the city. Budget hotel, old beat up hotel room, worn down, sacrificed for the price we paid. We didn't think it was too bad, but it was definitely on the low end. One night would be the limit of what we would do again. Two nights you would start to feel dirty. Something leaked in the bathroom, some mold in the shower.

The only benefit is location.
    • Bunk Bed with Shared Bathroom

The room wasn't cleaned when we arrived. They tried to give us towels from the previous guests (I saw thouse towels on the floor of the room my self). It smelled in the hall. TV didn't work.

The only benefit is location. Also they are ok to print airplane tickets for you.

Never go there
    • Twin Bed Room

We arrived in our room - which is advertised on your website as a “bright room” - noticing it was tiny and only had two single beds for the adults and none for our child. It also had a distinct smell of rottenness and a room door that doesn’t close properly. Since we are a party of 3, my boyfriend went back to the reception to ask for a children bed. No big deal, even though my reservation was made for 3 and that it specified the third party was a child, we’ve been through this in other places with no trouble. But! The man at the desk was nothing but rude, telling us our demands were impossible because the cleaning staff left at 3pm (we merely checked in at 4pm...) and that it was our problem if we didn’t have a bed. After calmly arguing with him, he reluctantly and loudly brought us a children’s bed, denying our attempts to help carry things, saying we were causing trouble by asking him to step away from the reception desk for a few minutes, etc. Later in the evening, we found out that the bathroom was not cleaned (there was trash from previous clients still there), the shower door doesn’t close and the shower head support is broken, making it hard to take a shower (picture). We had noticed upon our arrival that the Hotel was under renovations (see picture ) and asked about it at the desk at checkin but were told that it had no effect on our stay which is untrue since we have scaffoldings right at our window (picture ) and construction noise coming through. At this point we have been traveling for 3 weeks in Germany and had never had so many issues in one place. I would never have paid more than 30Euros for a place like this and would definitely never had reserved it had this not been falsely advertised.

I would never go again to this hotel.

Whole hotel stinks like canalosation and it's so nasty. The only good thing is the location, but I would recommend you to go to other hotel that's clean cheaper and further from the center. Also there is not parking, and you need to park your car in Park garage which costs minimum 16€ per day. No free wi-fi, if you want you should pay 2€ per day.

The receptionist should change his line of work

The receptionist was horrible. When we've booked we've mentioned we'll arrive with a two and a half year old toddler. A day prior I tried to call the hotel to confirm about our need of a free travel bed, something they've offered on their page albeit unsuccessful since no one answered. When we've arrived at the hotel the bed was not prepared and the receptionist was really rude about it. In the end we got the bed but the guy acted like it was the biggest thing he's ever done for someone. Totally unprofessional. The rooms were okay but smelled like someone died in there. And keeping a dog in the hotel kitchen is just not okay for obvious reasons.

The onliest positive things I can say about the hotel was the location. Also the kitchen guy was nice.

Absolute rubbish

Very very very poor condition was not warned about construction taking place only stayed 1 night pictures on website very misleading TV did not work bad lighting, dirty room unfriendly staff This is a decussating place

Nothing there is nothing to like it should not be called a hotel

This was by far the worst Hotel I have ever been in Germany !
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The Hotel is very, very much run down. The rooms are 50 years old with an ugly sink. No toilet and shower in the room, only on the floor and dirty. Bad smell in the room and on the foor bad breakfast

Location in Nuernberg Downtown was ok

Don´t be scared from outside! Looks terrible, but inside is comfortable & for amazing price!
    • Room with 5 Beds

In the bathroom the shower tube´s doors were broken. Behind the "mirror window" was some old rubbish :/

Location is perfect, just in the city center. The room was heated, fresh smelled bed linen with comfortable beds. For one night stay ideal! The staff was always kind and helpful, storing the luggage was no problem - thanks!

Cute, quirky hotel in the center of Nurnberg

When we stayed at the Continental, it was undergoing massive renovation, so there was some noise and also the view could have been better. The facilities were not the best either, a bit too classical for my taste, however I am really interested to see what everything will look like once the renovation works are completed.

The Continental hotel is ideally situated smack in the center of Nurnberg and it has this classic vibe about it, with the old fashioned reception area and rooms. It is very quirky and the staff are friendly and helpful.

I do not recommend to others this hotel.

Dirty, nasty, aweful, big beetles are walking around, and the fasade of the hotel was in reconstruction.

I liked only the location, because it's situated in the center of Nuremberg. I've reserved room 221 which stinked of old and nasty with a lot of beetles on all floor, and room 319 which was better but the cleanness was awful. Defenitly I would not recommend this Hotel to others.

Very good location but the hotel needs restoration.

Bathroom needs definitely restoration. The shower looks like a cupboard. Toilet bowl was dirty inside and there was a bad smell from the shower and sink drains.

Receptionists were very helpful and friendly. They offered us extra blankets as the room was cold. The cleaners changed daily the towels.

Great place next to the train station and the adventures downtown.

The room smell like cigarettes so it was hard to get accustom to. The noise of drunk people at night woke me up once or twice.

The location for this hotel was awesome. It was right near the train station in Nuremberg. Old town was just a skip and a stone throw away to the adventures I was looking for.

The hotel is very well located, near central station and...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Didn't like the pillow and my room only had one plug. The street has some bar and people walking, the noise didn't bother me at all but it might bother someone else.

The hotel is very well located, near central station and subway exit. The breakfast was good but not included in the price. The room was small but enough for me and I got lucky that my room was really near the bathroom. I had a really good night of sleeping and that was exactly what I was looking for. They also kept my luggage there so I could visit the city during the day.

Extremely bad experience: it's a HOSTEL, not a hotel
    • Bunk Bed with Shared Bathroom

The room wasn't compatible with the description provided on booking.com website. It said "room with twin beds", yet we received a tiny room with bunker bed for 2 people. When I went to ask some explanation, the receptionist was very impolite, telling us that we got what we paid for, that was the rate for our room. We insisted that we paid for a twin bed room, not bunker bed. If we wanted bunker beds, we would've chosen a real hostel with prices divided by 2. Because yes, the room costs 50€, and you get bunker beds and shared bathroom on the hallway, while a hostel bed was 15€. Once arrived on our floor, we had to stop breathing while unlocking the door, because a combined odor of poo, mold and rotten eggs was filling the air. Needless to say that I passed using those toilets/bathrooms (luckily for us was only 1 night, so we preferred to not shower that day, and we tried using toilets of restaurants before coming back to the "hotel"). The hotel facade was under construction, so scaffolds were all over the place, our room included. We couldn't use the blinds, as they were broken, only a transparent curtain was separating the view. Our escape from workers looking inside at us, was to leave the room before they started working. We stayed there in November, so outside was very cold, close to 0 during the night. No heating provided. We had to ask extra blankets. The receptionist gave us the blankets, but didn't seem too happy with our request. I had to put also the jacket on top of two blankets. Very bad insulation, we could hear anyone on the hallway. Another incredibly annoying thing was that we had to pay for the WIFI connection (my husband had to work on his reports). On booking.com it was written 2€ for 48 hours. The receptionist asked 2€ for 24 hours connection. Luckily for us we were staying only 1 night, so 24h internet connection was enough for us.

Good location, close to the main train station, in the city's Old Town.

Location is superb!
    • Twin Bed Room

Just little thing. The toilet in my room have a bit clogged pipe so the water easily flood in the floor.

Location is superb!!!!! Staff is friendly. Room is so clean. Safety. Breakfast is just 5€ a day. Food is good.

It's the city center.

The bathroom stinks. Returning in the evening and lifting the rucksack from the carpet, I saw cockroaches running from under it. I'm not a fastidious tourist, but that's too much.

It's the city center.

Nice. Nuremberg is a very interesting place.
    • Twin Bed Room

All other :) Very small rooms- a smallest I ever seen before for this money. No door or curtain in a shower. Broken glass in a window. TV not working at all. Building is under reconstruction so you can look on a waterfall in a corridor or room (I saw in a corridor).

Nice breakfast to its money, friendly personnel. Everyday cleaning. But all other is a very-very-very poor. The great location, but this is a red light district so you can find sex shops, strip bars just near your door.

Room clean, small but ok for solo traveller.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

the darkness of the facility, the hallway lights are censured and switch off very quickly. Walking down a hallway with no lights not overly appealing.

Room clean, small but ok for solo traveller. The location was close to train station and city centre.

cheap & cheerful (ish)
    • Quadruple Room

The general noise from the streets through the night kept us awake and the building work on the street starts very early in the morning. Didn't know there were shutters on the windows on the first night and woke up at 8am to a builder on the scaffold outside out window (curtains don't cover the window). Hotel is bearable for adults for a very short stay but had 3 little children & the room standard was not great for a family. Friendly staff but needs a complete refurbishment. Damp ceiling, very old bathroom, old carpet etc.

The location from the underground is ideal (across a road or through the subway) The location to the centre is perfect.

the location, comfortable bed

No complete wall to the next room, felt like I am sharing my room with the people next door. They were a bunch of guys screaming during the night and then vomiting several times and yelling to people on the street. It was the most disgusting experience! Shower door could not be completely closed. And next morning, before the check out, some of the hotel employees just opened our door and sneaked inside, even though we locked it from inside. Completely rude and unprofessional! The hotel was also under construction, should have been stated. When asked for the variety of the breakfast offered, the answer was 'well normal'. We decided not to take it.

the location, comfortable bed

an affordable night, I'm happy it's over.
    • Bunk Bed with Shared Bathroom

Overall the place was somewhat shabby (not dirty though) with a certain "red-light-district charme". Not exactly the fault of the hotel: The surrounding bars are quite noisy on weekends (slept in after 2am) Walls are thin and forced me to "participate" in other guests activities (woke up before 7am).

Quite close to citycenter and station

Don't stay here
    • Bunk Bed with Shared Bathroom

Area located - sex shops, strip bars and casino. Very noisy at night. Facilities - Tidy but very dated, wobbly furniture, old net curtains, peeling paint. Decor too old, had flies in a feature wall. No air con. No TV. We didn't stay the night. Game me the creeps, didn't feel safe. Found better hotel 10 mins away that was not shared facilities and came with free breakfast for only 15 euro more.

It's in the centre. Linen was clean

The location was near the underground station and good fit...
    • Room with 5 Beds

The property was under renovation so the surrounding was a bit messy and even the tv could not working. And the room was not in 100% clean when we first enter it.

The location was near the underground station and good fit for maximum 5 persons in a room. The staff was friendly and we get almost anything we ask for.

The old reviews don't make sense to us. A great stay

After seeing all the reviews we were concerned. 4 blokes travelling for a Saturday night out round Nuremberg. The hotel is in the centre. It is clean. It is safe. It is not in the best area of town, but what you pay is fantastic value. We'd stay there again

Location is perfect and that's it.
    • Bunk Bed with Shared Bathroom

Staff could be friendlier!!! I did my booking through this website and when I arrived there, they refused to give me the room I booked (also saying I should pay a difference to get what I booked). A twin room according to this hotel is a bunk-bed room. Only a toilet and a shower per floor for all the rooms that have shared bathrooms. The whole floor stank like plumbing. Windows did not open.

Location is perfect and that's it.

The bathroom was very old, one light for the bathroom did not work, the tv did not work and the hotel did not answer an email questioning the location of the nearest public parking

Was an unpleasant stay. Only stayed one night of the two pre-booked.
    • Bunk Bed with Shared Bathroom

The hotel did not have en-suite bathrooms. And, where there was, it was a portacabin inside the room. The toilet facilities outside the room were non-existent as they were still being built. The immediate area is clearly the red-light spot of town. No place for our young children to be near yet alone hear what was going on outside throughout the night. No sleep at all.

Didn't like this hotel at all. Can't believe made a mistake in booking such accommodation. One thing I liked was leaving this hotel and enjoying the nicer, fuller areas of Nuremburg city. There is other much better accommodation, but gets booked up very quickly. Don't leave it till Hotel Continental is your last choice.

Extremely noisy at night, well located, clean.

Others complained about noise, so I kept the window closed in August. All was ok until after midnight. A large group of people started speak loudly and shout, especially a few young ladies, and that went on for several hours. Impossible to sleep at top floor with the window shut.

Small but cosy, clean and very well located.