Reviews of Hotel-Pension Cortina This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Kantstr. 140, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, 10623 Berlin, Germany

#93 of 107 B&Bs and Inns in Berlin

5.7

5.5

• Single Room with Shower

unfriendly staff, breakfast poor, uncomfortable bed, no replenishing of soap or shampoo. The hotel could be good, but it wasnt. the amenities are very basic, and there is little offer of comfort.

the location isn excellent

• Comfort Quadruple Room

In our room the shower was behind the curtain! So there is no separate shower room, the shower is near your bed. Beds are not as comfortable as we wished. The price is good, but if you pay just 10-15 euro more you will get much better experience in another hotel...

Located in the center of Berlin. The room was clean and all facilities were fine. The cheapest room in the center of Berlin.

• Single Room with Shower

Disabled access was very bad.. It was not mentioned before hand that there was no elevator access. My friend had to be carried tom the first floor. The locks on the doors were very difficult to operate... Bed was not very good....

• Comfort Triple Room

The lift didn't start until the second floor. Wifi was only available near the reception desk. One of the staff made us feel they were doing us a huge favour letting us stay there.

Good size room for 3 people. Nice and clean, beds were comfortable.

• Comfort Quadruple Room

tele dodgy....but ....never in.

City center hotel....cheap cheerful.....not to bad for the price,...staff helpful...but learn a little German...I was posted here so no probs.....Next street to the Ku Dam...so in the Heart of Berlin....Go for it, your never in anyway...100s of places to drink and eat at you finger tips............rooms QUIET.

• Comfort Double Room

The stuff does not speak in english just german or russian and there is noghting for kids there.

Clean, nice stuff, great for a people who going to travle most day I came alone and for me there was plenty of space in the room

• Triple Room with Shower

The worst place that i have ever stayed. Our room is located exactly in the next floor of a club (or something like that). On that two awful nights, we could not sleep until 3 am until that club stop playing loud trance music. We felt every bit of the music in room, in our bed. My mother who is 64 was with us. It was more than a nightmare. After first day, we have asked them to change our room, they said there is no free room, but we can see that there are free rooms at this hotel in booking.com. The woman in the reception told us i should ask my boss, her boss supposed to come, but the boss didn’t come, she told us i ask my boss and them call you on phone. But she never call us!! If she wants to help, she can call the boss by phone, not just telling us that the boss is coming. i wouldn’t recommend this pension to anyone. It’s awful

• Single Room with Shower

1. Wi-fi. In my room it was practically non-existent. Fortunately, there was a burger place behind the hallway wall so i could use their wi-fi if i sat on the main staircase. 2. The lock on my room door could be opened using the key to the room block(i.e. by anyone in my room block). 3. Price. I guess the location justifies the price at least partly, but next time i would rather stay in Ibis again (superior price/quality ratio) although it is located slightly further form the center (arguable).

Really liked the central location, plenty of places to have a dinner nearby.

• Comfort Double Room

wifi granted only very limited access to the internet, most sites were blocked, so, for example, a google-search became pointless, since the target site couldn't be accessed.

• Comfort Double Room

1. There was no lift to go to the upper floor, hence very difficult to take your luggage up. 2. The staff does not speak & understand English hence it was difficult to communicate!

Location of the Hotel

• Double Room with Shower

Shower had high and narrow steps. Had to be extremely careful not to slip. Note that toilet room is shared. It was shared by 5 or 6 rooms on my floor. Breakfast a bit over-priced. Though it is "all you can eat". As for my appetite I could eat cheaper breakfast nearby. Wi-Fi connection was extremely bad. 10% of time it worked well, 40% of time it worked extremely slow and the remaining 50% of time it did not work at all. Staff did not speak English. Only German or Russian.

Excellent location. Right by S-Bahn. You can arrive from Schoenfeld airport without any transfers. There is a small shopping center near by. Room had TV and shown basic programmes in English. Room had a working heater. You could adjust the heat as necessary.

• Single Room with Shower

Wifi not working properly, I got disturbed by an Unknown man while in my Room and the room was not as described. Plus I got charged 5 euros fpr a private toilet that I already booked.

• Comfort Single Room

There are stairs only, no elevator, one need to take all stuff upstairs. Breakfast menu could be sometimes changed (it is the same every day). Simply, it is not a typical hotel, rather a kind of pension. If you treat it as such, its really OK. If you want to feel as in the hotel, that is not a good choice.

Very good localization.

• Comfort Single Room

Run down hotel with old furniture and style, Internet was weak (but strong in the breakfast room and front desk), no elevator, staff wasn't particularly friendly, breakfast was not included and quite basic to have to pay extra for it.

This is my second time staying in this hotel and the best part of is definitely the location, being located in Charlottenburg! It is in a safe part of Berlin with lots of restaurants and public transportation options in the vicinity.

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The pillow was not actually a pillow, which did not assist for a good nights rest.

The location was close to a train station and there were plenty of eateries within walking distance and a supermarket too. The shower pressure was also great.

• Comfort Single Room

The lady didn't speak English, just German and she was really unkind. She acted like if she was doing me a favor. The bed is ok, but not what I expected

• Comfort Double Room

Originally booked a 2 bed room, was only offered a double bed. Luckily I was with my mum and we didn’t mind! Scaffolding outside toilet window, with workmen! Could’ve done with tea making facilities.

Staff were very helpful, even through the language barrier.

• Comfort Single Room

The mattress is old and collapsed. The room is absolutely not quite, you can hear all the voice, from someone upstairs taking a shower, flush the toilet, upstairs neighbor playing really loud music, people walking around... I'm grateful the invention of earplugs.

Very close to public transportation and city center, the price is fair.

• Single Room with Shower

I was very disappointed with the hotel because as i booked the spacious room and it was non refundable paid Euro 90 . I reached the hotel around 9:30 pm and later got a very small congested room with no wifi. Wifi shows up but never worked. I couldn't do my work . I end up looking for free wifi around the KFC and shopping malls. As my flight got cancelled from Germany I travelled 13 hours of train journey She ( Hotel owner ) simply gave me other room. later I complained about the room she rudely said we don't have other room. As I was super tired I just accept the fact she cheated me I went to sleep. So the main point is in the booking.com site they display one room and later gave us completely different room with no basic facility. As I was not worried about the sharing the toilet . I showed her the picture of the room too that display/ I have chosen from the booking site. She just ignore that. Now I am doubtful to book rooms through online sites because the rooms are different.

Location was fine close to the city center and tram

• Single Room with Shower

● Staff here speak little to no English. ● toilet was communal. Sand paper would be softer than the toilet paper here... ● staff banging on my door at 8am in the morning wasn't very pleasant. My door was locked for a reason. ● asked the receptionist if I could make some coffee in the kitchen and was told I had to pay €7. ● Walls here aren't the thickest, woke up by people in the room above mine 'getting jiggy wit it'

Great location, just 10mins walk away from Kurfürstendam and 3 mins away from sbahn (savignyplatz). Not the best hotel to stay in, recommend for a short stay (2-3) nights at a push.

• Comfort Double Room

Strange behavior of the clerk at check-in: insisted that I fill a form stating my trip was for business purpose. Also took 15 minutes to switch on the credit card reader, I know this is Germany, but paying more than 400€ In cash remains unusual.

Very good location

• Comfort Single Room

A simple place, in a great location in Charlottenberg. Not a place for lounging around and relaxing. Sleep, shower, then go explore. They offer breakfast, but there are so many good eating venues in the area it's better to go out and find a good eatery. I didn't eat there but the kitchen area, was clean and tidy. The building is old, but the rooms while small, were clean (my friend stayed in a bigger room with a larger, more comfortable bed, but had a walk-in shower that was barely separate to the bed area. My own room was smaller, had a narrow single bed, but a separate en-suite. Towels were provided. The bathrooms were clean and the showers had hot running water. Someone posted about the water cooler being covered, I did not find this to be the case when I was there. The room I was in had a window onto an atrium, quiet at night, but had some noise in the morning. Nothing major, bins being emptied etc. Staff were as described. While they had little English, they were fine. And those I spoke to had German. At the price point I wouldn't have expected much more from this hotel.

• Single Room with Shower

This hotel not offering necessary shampoo and soaps. It is not convenient for travellers.

This hotel position is very convenient for IFA attendee. It is also very easy to do shopping and food eating at surrounding stores and restaurants.

• Single Room with Shower

Staff could not speak English The first floor accommodation is above a night club which plays loud music till 4am at the weekend. There is no soundproofing. Not good if you are running a marathon in the morning Looks a bit old fashioned, probably could do with a bit of redecoration

Very convenient location with good transport links

The nightclub right under my room which kept me up till the early hours till it closed. Was not warned about this at any time.

There was nothing to like except it was close to a station

• Single Room with Shower

For me at least was the downside very small and uncomfortable pillow. The facilities are in general quiet but very thick walls so i could hear my neighbor snoring. Located on the 2nd floor of the building with no lift so if disability person or caring large bags, could be a problem.

Great location, 100m away from S-Bahn Savignyplatz and Kurfurstendamm street. Supermarket just across the street. Clean and spacey room facing the inner side of the building. Russian owned and operated Hotel.

• Double Room with Shower

-too expensive and not comfortable (no WC in the double room with shower). I expected it to be in the room, like in many other hotels whose rooms were described like this: "double room with shower".

-reception staff on 24th of September was helpful -access to the location is quite easy and you can reach the most important attractions for tourists quite easily

• Comfort Single Room

No wifi/Internet connection at all. The check out time period on Booking.com mentions from 8.00 to 12.00. However, a cleaner came to my room twice and asked me to do the check out. He spoke German but I can't understand. How frustrating it was. I knew the time for check out when I booked the room. I think if the hotel wants to expel tourists early, you should modify the time for checking out on Booking.com, for example, at 1 in the morning. If you were me, you would know how I was disappointed with your service.

Clean Quite close to the train station

• Triple Room with Shower

The reception lady doesnt speak English. I dont know how people who dont understand a word in German communicate with her (?). Our room was above a burger restaurant which was open from 3pm till morning a lot of people parking downstairs, (including weird people and girls)and making noise, and the music was toooo loud till 5am. The room was too hot and sleeping with opened window was unbearable!!! Shower in the room was so funny bc there was window in front and people or roommates could see you showering if they moved to another corner. No hairdryer. And whats the point of my opinion if the hotel staff cant read it :D

• Single Room with Shower

The shower did not drain at all and built up too high. There was no attempt to speak English- I believe that if going to another country one should be respectful and try - I did but the courtesy was not returned or attempted.

I slept well, had a good breakfast and was able to explore with ease. Extremely good location near bus and train station Enjoyed my stay in Berlin. Beautiful city.

• Comfort Triple Room

The WIFI was almost not usable, connection kept on dropping and basically very very slow WIFI. I did not bother connecting to it at all. There were no hairdryer and radio which were stated in the room description. The location is near two bar/restaurants which can get very noisy during the nights. Lastly, I dont recommended staying here during the summer because there were no cooling system/electric fan.

The beds were big and comfortable. The staff made the bed daily. There were keys for all the 3 doors in the building. Decent size bathroom and free toiletries. Towels were also included. The burger shop just on the side of the hotel opens until 1-2am. There are lots of restaurants near the place. Two grocery stores also available. It is also near the train station Savignyplatz.

The staff gave us a parking pass and we still got a 15€ parking ticket. Our room was broken into while we were sleeping and when we asked to call the front desk clerk to call the police, she refused because her shift was going to be over in 20 minutes!

• Comfort Single Room

People only speaking German. The staff could understand perfectly English but meets all of your questions in German as if you could perfectly understand it. I found it a little bit rude.

The position was very good, close to transports and in a secure place

• Comfort Quadruple Room

Booking.com advertised that the staff spoke English and that there was wi-fi. However, not a single staff member that we dealt with spoke any English at all and made no effort to be helpful, and the wifi did not work. Furthermore, the room was extremely noisy.

The room was adequate, but very basic.

Far from centrum and there is not elevator and many stairs and too noisy of under bar, it is terrible disturbing for sleep.

Fare is suitale chip. Near by EDK(mart)

• Comfort Quadruple Room

At the day of arrival perssonnel was helpful, the next day the next shift was awfull - nonresponsive, ignorant to questions - we paid car parking voucher at the hotell, still, received parking fine. The lady at the counter told she knows nothing - this is none of her business. I would not recommend this place for anyone.

Extremely bad service, felt like we were an inconvenience when wanting anything to the point that we were scared to ask for anything! One of our group had to sleep on the sofa with no covers when we had paid for a bed!! No kettle in the room, above a bar that goes on to all hours in the morning, in a poor location.

Clean property

• Comfort Quadruple Room

The bathroom was super small. The wifi cut in and out. The staff's English was not good so it made it a bit hard to check in. No A/C so the room was warm at night.

• Comfort Single Room

Staff hardly spoke any English! Thanks to Google translate for helping me. Wifi disconnected barely three hours after I connected to it and I was unable to connect again throughout my stay. I went to speak with the lady at reception about the problem and she literally just shrugged! You pretty much get what you pay for. I didn't want to spend a lot of money as I was staying an extra two nights after a conference I attended. It's not a good hotel for a family or anyone staying for more than two nights. However, if you will be out and about the whole day and only return to the hotel to sleep, then it's okay. I got the comfort single room, which had an ensuite bathroom and toilet but I read that most of the rooms only have a shower and no toilet so this is something to bear in mind when booking this hotel

The bed was comfy The location is not bad at all as it's only a few minutes walk to the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church, which is definitely a place to visit and Kurfürstendamm, which is great for shoppers :) Lots of Chinese, Thai and Taiwanese restaurants. There's an Edeka Jost & Jost supermarket about two mins away. There's also an Aldi and Lidl not too far from the hotel.

• Single Room with Shower

Please tell people how this thing looks , this is not a hotel is a hostel if you guys don't know what hotel is please ask people's who knows. Thanks

I have booked 3 night, and when i arrived at the hotel they said the hotel is full and i can stay only one night not 3 noght ! But as you know, in Berlin if you do not book in advance you have no more hotel room free in the whole city. I had to rend a bed in a room with 10 bed ! Since several years i booked hotel, i never meet this king of hotel behaviour. If you want an hotel room, please avoid this hotel.

Nothing i like

• Comfort Single Room

The bed linen, maybe a bit old? I sometime develop a bit of allergy reaction. I had to sneeze first night a lot when I went to bed. If someone has allergy against dust, better not to consider. Also, the receptionists do not command English.

Cost performance! The shower was in the room, and only the toilet is a common use. But I did really stay in the room so long (just sleep!), therefore, the shared toilet was fine, with this price.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Triple Room with Shower

We were three adults and the triple room was quite small for three people, but it was OK for two nights.

We loved the location, very close to the metro and bus. Breakfast was good and staff were friendly. Beds were comfortable.

• Comfort Single Room

I got a comfort room and the shower tab was in the room, toilet was designated a separate space (with closing door). The place is definitely not a soundproof - I could hear my neighbours sneezing. At first I got a room next to reception and could hear everything taking place there as if new guests were arriving to my room. Luckily I managed to exchange the room quickly to a quiter one.

The location is excellent: close to the public transport, plenty of restaurants and a supermarket nearby. Big shopping street within 10 minutes walking. Good value for money. Very clean, but very basic facilities as advertised. Good for staying overnight and to explore Berlin during the day. I did not eat breakfast there, but it looked quite decent - the selection of cheeses , meat, cornflakes while passing through the breakfast room.

• Comfort Triple Room

Receptionist was not able to speak in English. Room was not ready at 12:00 PM for the check- In . Wifi was so poor that we were not able to connect in our Room 22 on second floor near to Reception. Bath room was too small .

Good Location, Near to Train Station and also 10 mint by train from Berlin HBF. Room was very big and clean also had the balcony that we did not used. Bed was comfortable

• Double Room with Shower

The toilet was along a corridor and round the corner - we weren't told we had to share a toilet with every1 else or else I wouldn't have booked. Beds where comfy but I booked a double room and got a room with 2 single beds, when I questioned it I was told "that is a double room you just need to push the beds together". The staff never bothered with us the whole time, didn't even say hi as we walked passed them, we checked in then got ignored until we checked out! the hotel is more like a hostel than a hotel.

The bed was comfortable and the hotel was in a good location

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

• Single Room with Shower

If you depend on internet, the internet connnection was really very bad and not useable in the courtyard rooms . Even I complain nothing improved. At dark you hardly find the light switch. The yard is very dark at night. Breakfast I can´t judge as I didn´t take any. For people with a handicap , take in account it is one of this lovely old buildings but stairs can be quiet steep

This was my second stay in Cortina within two months . The location is excellent (Centre West of Berlin) with a lot of reataurants and cafes in the surrounding . Good connection with public transport . The room was Ok but not so good as the first time when I stayed there as my room this time was in the courtyard house. But still the hotel is by standard and location quiet resonable priced compare to other hotels in the same catagory

• Comfort Double Room

Old and basic. WI-FI was down half the time, when it was working it was awful. Breakfast extremely basic. Bathroom really cold. TV was miniature size and set at 3 m high, so basically unusable if you don't have really good vision.

Easy to get to Messe and city center with public transportation. Rather Clean.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Comfort Single Room

For people who are handicaped for the first part of the entrance you only have stairs. (Old building) The switches for stairs light are not easy to find

The place related to the price is Ok and it has it is charme. My room was huge. For the part of Westberlin the location is very central. S-Bahn station is nearby. Busstop also nearby A wide range of Restaurants and Cafes in the surrounding. About Breakfast I can´t tell anything , because I didn´t took

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Single Room with Shower

Wifi does not connect most of the time. Staff does not speak English. Some rooms have shower but no toilet in the room; must ensure they have both if you need them both.

Very easily accessible by foot or public transport. Very quiet. Very economical.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Single Room with Shower

Only faults I can raise is the bed, one of those really thin pillows really isn't enough..

Great location, S-Bhan (Sauvignyplatz) around the corner 2mins & U-Bhan 10mins away. For the price it was very basic, shower, toilet, bed & TV. Wasn't expecting much more really.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Single Room with Shower

The bed was to soft. I thought I would have a room with private bathroom but I had a room with a shower next to the bed (it was not a separated room for the bathroom) while the wc was outside and not private (this was not explained in the description).

Good price and position. The forniture of the room is very essential and old but cleaned. The hotel staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Comfort Single Room

Can be noisy in the corridors - don't take a room next to the breakfast room!

Good location, very close to S-bahn station and plenty of cafes, restaurants and shops.

• Single Room with Shower

The stairs to the Reception are just terrible, if you have heavy suitcase be prepared, the reception is on the second floor.

The location was very good. The Receptionist was very helpful and kind.

• Comfort Quadruple Room

Pillows were a no go, they spoke little to no english, and their phone etiquette is horrible. Btw make sure you save your invoice for parking, you will need it to get your deposit back.

Awesome location, parking is cheap but the hotel could use some renovation. So much potential. I traveled with family of four and we were comfortable in the room with three beds. If your are ok with small spaces then this room is for you if not keep looking. Overall for the price the hotel served its purpose.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Single Room with Shower

Room was dirty with broken glass on the floor, staff very unhelpful and rude (did nothing about the state of the room), other guests were noisy well into the small hours of the morning (again staff did nothing) and the room looked nothing like the nice photos on the website - didn't even have a toilet! Breakfast was poor at cost of 7 euros... Would not stay there again needless to say!

Location nice and close to Savignplatz S-bahn station so easy to get into the centre

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Comfort Single Room

It is not at all what it is look like from pictures. The room itself is clean, but the entrance and hall is disgusting. I first booked the breakfast and than sent latter from the booking com to property asking to cancel it and I would book it at the place if I would need it. Nobody answered. When I arrived and saw this horrible entrance and was quite shocked I also asked at the reception why they did not replay to my request regarding breakfast, they said "because there are many people asking questions and we can not answer everyone!!!". I wanted to leave as soon as I arrived but they said that I had to pay for all stay according to the booking com policy. I called to booking com, explained that it is just not what seems from pictures and I was not happy and they sent to the property latter telling them that the booking com is not against to cancel the booking even though I was already at the place. They gave the property right to decide themselves. They continued to lie till the end that it is booking com who obliges them to make me pay. Finally, only thing I could was that I canceled their horrible breakfast (I still had to pay for the breakfast of the first morning), I checked it and it was vary poor (poor is not the right word). People at the reception change time to time. Next morning when I entered the dining room to see what it was like to have breakfast there (the first paid one) I saw the water boiler plugged in and eggs next to it. Because I wanted to have some hot tea I pushed the bottom of the water boiler. The man rushed in and started to shout that I have no right to go near to that table, they have their rules and everything I can touch and take are located on "that" table. I said I want some egg and there is no egg on "that table", he said there is!!! and rushed to one of the baskets - there was not egg in it. He vary angrily returned to the other table took several eggs in the basket that I "could touch".

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

• Double Room with Shower

All of Berlin should learn English! It's a germanic language after all.

The bed was really comfy and extra large ( for someone who like to run in his sleep ).

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Double Room with Shower

This was the unfriendliest staff I have ever come across. They had no interest in helping and were belligerently rude about it. Don't be tempted by the relatively cheaper price of this hotel like I was. No bathroom in the room, mediocre location, horrendous staff. Pay the extra ten euros and find a better place to stay.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Comfort Quadruple Room

They said there was a restaurant with breakfast, we didn't even see that. And, there was "free wifi," but it didn't work at all.

Comfortable beds, we had one queen and two singles for a family of four, the location was great. Walking distance from touristy sites, dining, and shopping. We had a very tiny bathroom/shower, but at least it was private. If you want a safe/clean, but not the least bit fancy place to stay to save money this place is it. They offer street parking with a pass for €5/day, however the streets are packed and it's extremely difficult to find parking. We parked in a garage the first night (cost €20, yikes!), and then moved our car early the next morning to the street right out front of the hotel. There is also a €50 cash only deposit for the parking pass (they don't tell you that up front, so be sure and have cash handy).

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Comfort Triple Room

1. The workers are arrogant and unfriendly! Totally lack of empathy! There is no water cooker in the room. We traveled with small children and need some hot water to prepare milk and baby food. However, they refused to help us, and required € 7 for the breakfast, per person, per day, even the kitchen is 4 m from our room. We chose to buy food and coffee at the restaurant on the street, and asked for hot water instead! The blankets are never washed as there are yellow/brown spots! 2. The elevator is located in the backyard, and stop between the floors! If you are lukcy, the door to the backyard is unlocked. Otherwise, you have to enter the hotel from the main entrance, and walked up three (3) floors, where the reception is located! If you travel with wheelchair, you are really in bad situation, as noone will carry you up. The elevator door is manually handled. So if someone used the elevator to go down, and forgot to close the door, the elevator will stop working, and you are stuck where you are! 3. You paid € 5 for the parking. However, you were not promised a spot, as you were parking on the street! 4. There is no ventilation on the room, and it is impossible to open the window. And the heater is not working. So you have a room with bad air and high humidity due to the bathroom. The personnel gave us an arrogant look when we asked for extra blankets. So we had to wear lots of clothes during night!

Absolutely nothing! After that we have arrived Berlin and the hotel, we found out that there are plenty of hotels next to "our" hotel that are not on Booking.com!

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Comfort Single Room

The room wasn't like the photos on the website, it was a lot more basic and tired looking; however, it was not expensive. The bathroom was really small and narrow - if I'd been a large person I couldn't have fitted in there. Cleaning could have been better - empty toilet roll not removed, bathroom floor didn't look as though it had been cleaned.

The location was perfect for exploring Berlin. The room was warm - particularly important because it was cold and wet outside! The shower was great, really powerful. The building was old, traditional and quirky! The receptionist was pleasant.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Single Room with Shower

The reception lady was not friendly at all and didn't speak English only german. Didn't like the idea that only the shower is in the room, but the toilet is outside. I had many bags and you have to get up very high stairs to second floor

The location is great easy access to S and many shopping stores on the street the hotel is suited

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Comfort Single Room

Hugely overpriced on the week I stayed (more than 200 euros per night for my room), 1 sachet of shampoo to last all week, no business centre, no restaurant, WiFi didn't work in my room, no 24-hour front desk, lift didn't go to ground floor, not even a hairdryer in the room. NOTHING like the description given on your website

Location was good with lots of local shops/restaurants and easy access to subway

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Single Room with Shower

Wifi does not work at all. Good coverage only around reception desk and breakfast room. No help from receptionist in the evening time (I just asked for a soap to take a shower).

Good location on Kantsrasse. 1 minute walking to Savigny Platz.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• Double Room with Shower

noisy plumbing when room next door ran water, they were early risers!! Drilling and banging Monday morning at 8.30! Quite demanding for us to pay at once, we hadn't seen the room, when we did it was a double, not a twin as we had booked, she amazingly had keys on her for a twin room, even though according to the web site they were booked up! The room was clean,good powerful shower and comfy beds

Beautiful old building

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Comfort Single Room

i got transfered to another hotel, but got no information. Only because i called back a missed call, i learned about that on the day of my trip, 2h before i arrived, so there was no time to find anything in the way i wanted. The other hotel was far off the area, i intended to stay. The room had no bathroom and was not at all comparable to the room i booked. People were maximum unfriendly and it took a long discussion to get appropriate refunds. - Never ever again.

nothing at all

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Triple Room with Shower

Made reservation for a parking for 1 car but to no avail! Staffs are not so friendly and accomodating, they don't speak English or any other languages. Rooms smell bad (cigarette smoke).Terrible hot water system, it gets very hot at one point, then becomes very cold. We made reservations for 2 rooms, the other room's door does not close well without using the key.

Very close to shops, restaurants, tourist attractions, was lucky to find a parking spot even if we arrived at around 8pm. Wifi in the rooms.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Single Room with Shower

Sheets and shower were not so clean. There was not a lift and it had lots of stairs. Also the district is noisy.

It was not too far from the central station (about 10 minutes) and main city attractions ( about 20 minutes)

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Comfort Single Room

Horrible staff, wouldn't speak English even though she definitely understood. Receptionist was rude and full of contempt. The pictures of the rooms are a scam. One was a dirty cupboard transformed in a room, the other one didn't have a toilet, though I asked and paid for ensuite. Steer clear of this place, wouldn't recommend it to my enemy

Location was ok

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

The extremely rude, unhelpful and unfriendly staff. We booked two rooms as a family they put us in different buildings when we asked if we could shift rooms they said they were full even though we could see an appropriate room available on booking.com. The wifi is poor

The location was good

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Single Room with Shower

I was fooled right when checking in. I was tired after a flight, girl told me that I booked a room without bathroom, oh and the one I got is so inconveniently located. But she can generously move me to a good room just for €5/night. My booking was with bathroom. Judge yourself. Russian speaking staff might be convenient for some travelers, though.

Clean, good wifi

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The staff are so unhelpful. The room was so hot and We needed a fan and they did not want to give us one so we ended up with the windows wide open scared that someone or something can enter our room. we needed to print the boarding passes back home and did not want to print them for us although they had a printer behind the front desk ( of course we offered to pay for this service). The staff do not speak english which we find rather funny ( I mean in a hotel do you expect everyone to speak German?).The room was so small and does not look 1% like the pictures youll see on booking.com. The only good thing was the location and it was pretty clean but it was definitely not worth 80€ per night for 2 persons. Rating 2/10 :(

The fact that its close to train station.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Single Room with Shower

The absence of a desk/table for me to use a computer to work on my scripts and research work.

The overall cleanliness and the distance from Savignyplatz Station.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Double Room with Shower

It's a very old building. The shower was in the middle of the room with no door and no evacuation for steam so the room was always wet. The toilet were shared. Staff was not friendly or helpful at all. They even demanded 5euros (per suitcase) to keep our luggage the afternoon following cheek out.

It was very close to the tube so it was easy to get to the city centre and the Cube Berlin where we attended a conference. There is a good choice of restaurants and small convenient stores near by.

Browse Hotel-Pension Cortina traveller photo gallery