Reviews of Living Hotel Kanzler by Derag This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Adenauerallee 148, Gronau, 53113 Bonn, Germany

#23 of 72 hotels in Bonn

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Best ever!
    • Business Single Room

I got the upgrade from the hotel from room to appartment. I had kitchen utensils, iron and ironing board, fabullous view and great staff. I would recommend them everywhere!!! They even had renovating of some rooms near my appartment, and I did not hear a fly!

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

we will definitely consider staying here again!
    • Deluxe Double Room

parking was not free (14 euros per day), the bed has some crazy design and there are obstructions all around the bed making it hard to move around a bit, one the closet doors was broken and hanging dangerously.

great location, easy check in, good location close to the river and parks, they have a parking garage as well, restaurant on site although we didn't eat there, clean rooms, modern bathroom, cheerful staff, excellent kitchenette with a microwave/mini refrigerator, stove, pots and pans etc.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Recommended hotel in Bonn
    • Business Double Room

Stopped providing complimentary services like they used to, such as free parking and single use of spa. Expensive breakfast

Convenient location beside metro stop. Friendly staff. Simple but good gym open 24/7. Unlimited coffee after first purchase. Quiet. We stay at the hotel whenever we're in Bonn

I liked the spacious room.
    • Business PLUS Double Room with Terrace

The decor in the rooms (we've stayed twice) seems a bit dated, but that is not a big deal.

I liked the spacious room. We didn't have a great view this time (the entrance to the garage), but it was quiet. The many windows give a lot of light, which is very nice. The bathroom was very well lit. The location cannot be beat. We like to walk, and its a bit less than 2km to the city center. For those who don't want to walk, the Ubahn is a block away. The hotel has a neighborhood feel. Breakfast has a very good selection of food. The scrambled eggs were much better than most hotel breakfasts. The tea selection was amazing, too. Parking garage is under the hotel, which is convenient.

Great experience and value for money
    • Business PLUS Double Room with Terrace

Can be a bit remote and not many eating options around unless you take the U Bahn.

The room was super clean and spacious the Business Executive room. Wifi was fast. Breakfast was good. Free coffee, tea and water at the lobby. Quiet and peaceful surrounding for evening strolls.

Room/hotel comfortable but did not reflect website description, would not stay again
    • Deluxe Double Room

We didn't get what we expected - under the description of the room, it says oven and coffee maker (we specifically wanted self-catered as my diet was limited), we bought food specifically for this, however the room did not have an oven. We don't believe we got what we paid for, Was very minimal - 1 sachet of coffee (plus one decaf), a small amount of glasses, plates, no tea towels etc, very small towels. We were woken up early by very loud drilling, which the staff did not tell us about beforehand and said there was nothing they could do about it. On top of all this, a guest staying in the room next to ours opened the interconnecting door and walked into our room (obviously by mistake) and we then realised that the door had not been locked the whole time we'd been there! Staff made a joke out of it, but it made me feel very uneasy - I could have been getting changed, plus it meant they had access to our room whilst we were out.

Room was big and clean, lots of plug sockets, comfortable bed, very close to public transport, felt like a safe area.

The staff were very friendly and helpful when needed, the...
    • Business PLUS Double Room with Terrace

It's a little bit far from the city center, also the hotel is design in a wide area rather than horizontal, so if you are not lucky enough, you may have to walk a little bit to reach the rooms

The staff were very friendly and helpful when needed, the rooms are convenient and the parking lots just behind the hotel were great and price appropriate. I would say that this hotel is good value for what you pay

Easy hotel for quick business trip or seeing a few attractions.
    • Business Double Room

Some rooms smelled of cigarette smoke but hotel staff happy to accommodate a move to another room

Location in between town and the UN area, close to Mursalin etc. some room face away from the street so not too much Main Street noise

Pleasantly Surprised
    • Business Double Room

Nothing to speak of really: it was a very pleasant stay.

The elegance of the room and facilities, friendly staff, the cleanliness. Location, although not in the very centre of town, is within walking distance of the centre, the museum mile and the Rhine. The underground station is just 30 metres away.

Perfect!
    • Business Double Room

A bit disappointing that someone omitted around the entrance bridge in the morning of 4th August and the nasty staff sicked my family.

I like the environment and especially the shinny washroom.

Alanis morrisette
    • Business PLUS Double Room with Terrace

Shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom would be nice! It would be cool if I could have booked a room in your other hotel in Vienna when I was at your hotel. Not very flexible.

The terrace outside was super

• Business Double Room

Small room, small tv, the room had 2 doors (one of them was not even locked) to the next room right and left of it, so u could practically hear every word

Free minibar, breakfast, restaurant next to the hotel

luxury, in a calm place, close to museum mile and UN campus but far from downtown.
    • Business Single Room

breakfast is overpriced, particularly on short notice. on Sundays the restaurant is closed and in the neighborhood everything is dead. There is though a sushi place close by, but surely not a cheap place.

very nice luxury hotel. flavor of 90s and unification of Germany. interesting ambient and free mineral water and beer in the fridge.

Stylish place, great feel.
    • Business Single Room

Only two free water bottles, no new ones the next day. Noisy neighbours, room not fully soundproof. Shower cannot be sealed off, wet bathroom as a result. Breakfast not really impressive for this type of luxury hotel.

Stylish place, great feel. Nice bed. Friendly personnel. Convenient location if your main interest is the UN district.

A very good hotel. Highly recommended.

Not one thing.

The internet was very fast indeed, the room was close to opulent, the resources in the room were great, though I did not get to use most of them for time reasons - microwave, refrigerator, stove top, pots, pans, cutlery, two free beers a day (I made use of those!), jug, glasses. I was impressed.

Excellent value for money in the heart of Bonn's old political center
    • Business Double Room

Excellent location, at the heart of Bonn's old political center - about a 15 minute walk from the old city. Almost across the street from the old Chancellery and Chancellor's residence. Large rooms facing the main street make for bright rooms. Air conditioning works well and street traffic could not be heard, indoors. Although a bit dated, the styling of the room was very original and pleasant enough. The bed was comfortable. The room had enough seating options. The room included a couch and desk. The Baldachin above the bed was maybe too much. But it didn't disturb me either. Breakfast: Of all the coffee I have drunk in the world (and I like all kinds of coffee types, styles and strengths) this was the second worst coffee I have ever had in my life. Taste is always subjective. But not in the this case. I attribute the bad coffee to two possibilities: it was standing too long in the thermos; the thermos lets off side-tastes; the coffee-machine was not clean; or the coffee brand was not good. Otherwise, the breakfast was average-to-good. Parking on the other side of the main street is free for the most part and it was rather easy to find a parking space within a 5 minute walk. Street-side parking on the hotel side of the street is not possible after a certain hour. Service: Only the waiter in the breakfast room back-talked, when I mentioned the horrid coffee. Otherwise, the personnel was good-to-above-average... and always polite and helpful. Disclaimer: My evaluations are based on 35 years of travel experience in over 70 countries. These include all types of accommodation - from 5-stars luxury hotels and no-star hotels to B&Bs, apartments, bungalow lodges, camping grounds other other experiences. I do not compare unlike accommodations in unlike environments. However, I know the quality and value that one can receive everywhere and my evaluations reflect this.

Little things add up...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The little extras add up... Things like €12 per night for my dog was okay, but offering parking and not informing me that it cost €14 per night is NOT okay. Also, it should be stated by the property upfront if there are additional taxes (i.e. Bonn City Tax?).

The breakfast and staff were first class! They were friendly and kept a very good schedule.

Not bad but needs to be upgraded as it is a little dated. Sraff were great.
    • Business Double Room

The hotel is a little dated. Lots of mirrors on the pillars and doors. Although it was clean we did notice dirty grout and maybe mould on the tiles in the bathroom. Breakfast was good but expensive.

Nice hotel. We had a suite with a separate living area. The staff were very good

The room was absolutely beautiful and a lot bigger then...
    • Deluxe Double Room

There is not one thing that myself and my mum did not like about this property.

The room was absolutely beautiful and a lot bigger then expected. It was nice to receive complimentary water and beer everyday. The breakfast was delicious and there was plenty of choice. The property is located in easy walking distance to the centre of Bonn. The staff were very friendly and could not do enough for you. I would definitely stay at this Hotel again.

Bonn for one day

Good hotel in Bonn, nearby the offices of the partner there. Clean room, very comfortable, nice personnel. Price a bit expensive, but I'd say the conditions have met the expectations.

A good Hotel when you get a good offer
    • Business Double Room

Price too high for the quality of the hotel and 5% tourist charge added, breakfast charged additionally and at the upper end

Spacy and very well equpped appartment in a good location of Bonn, very well maintained, rooms with a style

- really nice, large room, just on top of the hotel...
    • Deluxe Double Room

- really nice, large room, just on top of the hotel entrance - comfortable bed - friendly staff - the hotel is located about 2km from the city center - quiet area

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Peaceful sleep within easy walking distance of the city
    • Business Double Room

Location, 20mins brisk walk to Bonn, quiet location, private underground car park, overall good professional hotel for a good sleep and restful stay in Bonn. Didn't take the breakfast so cannot offer any comment. Would use this hotel again and recommend to friends without hesitation.

Good value for money and good location.
    • Business Single Room

The price for the breakfast (17€) was a bit too high. The room was a bit 'overfurnished', almost no place to move. The windows were almost not functioning and difficult to open.

Room with kitchenette was nice and quite. A few free drinks were nice (but unnecessary in my view). Good location to visit the museum mile in Bonn. Close to the metro. Wifi perfect.

A very comfortable stay, pleasant and helpful staff and in particular, an excellent breakfast.
    • Business Double Room

There was no bar and restaurant when we arrived on Sunday, a drink in the bar and even a limited choice of meals would have been nice.

The fruit and compote were excellent as were the cold meats and fish etc followed by the hot food which was excellent also, I was particularly delighted that on my first morning I found small Vienna Schnitsells, one of my favourite German dishes included in the hot buffet.

Good hotel for business in Bonn and even Cologne in trade fair seasons of Koelnmesse
    • Deluxe Double Room

No comment on breakfasts, since was got busy schedules and not have to get it.

Hotel with good location for business in Bonn, and even in Cologne for every big trade fair seasons in Cologne. It just take a few minutes to walk from Museum Koenig Underground Station. From this station can take metro to get Bonn main station within 5 minutes with 3 stops, then guest is very easy to get everywhere in the city and others in Germany by train. From Bonn main station, can take train to Koelnmesse Deuts station/ Cologne main station within 25-30 minutes The room is big, nice and clean. Free of charges beers and waters each day make comfortable for guests staying here.

It is close to the city center
    • Business Double Room

Parking is very expensive (20 euro per day) The rooms have a stinking chemical smell (we changed the room, but the smell was the same)

It is close to the city center

Size of the rooms
    • Deluxe Double Room

Minibar free is OK but it needs to be Improved including Amenities with charge. The bed was too small for two, and even we paíd a double room we asked for an extra bed to be confortable, but they charged 25 Euro per day, honestly it will be nice just to provide the bed we were just two guests.

Size of the rooms

Room was very interestingly designed, very comfortable and...
    • Business Double Room

Rather pricey - I guess the hotel expects in that location that businesses are paying tbe accounts.

Room was very interestingly designed, very comfortable and airconditioned.

Kanzler Hotel - My Home Away
    • Business Single Room

:D Housekeeping is excellent, except they will only provide 1 coffee sachet and 1 sugar sachet per night, while there are many teas, chocolates, and cremes. :D Even a note in the local language does not provide more. :D

Derag Livinghotel Kanzler is my 'home-away-from-home' every trip to Bonn. Just like my home, it is perfect for me, and the kindness of the staff and management is like having my own Butlers and Maids - a luxury I do not provide myself. I always look forward to every part of my stay. I always promote the hotel for anyone I know going to Bonn, and over the years I now have lovely company for the fantastic breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Perfect place for professional travellers.
    • Business Single Room

Perfect place for professional travellers. Ideally located close to the Bonn World Conference Centre, UN Campus and a number of scientific institutions. Very friendly staff, quick check-in, without unnecessary procedures. Very interesting mix of modern hotel with a history of democratic changes in post 2nd World War Germany.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Upon our arrival at 8:30pm, the reception was staffed by one...
    • Business Double Room

Upon our arrival at 8:30pm, the reception was staffed by one person. She took a long time talking and seemingly helping another guest without even looking at us (let alone reassuring us that she would help us once she had finished with the other guest). In the end we could not wait any longer and went to have dinner instead before checking in. The bath drain did not work and there was not separate shower facility in the room. I had a shower in the morning but since the bath tub was full of my shower water and the cleaning staff did not bother to try to get anybody from the hotel to fix the drain problem, my husband could not use the shower. When the problem was reported to the reception staff, he came to the room and could not fix the problem but did not offer to do anything apart from shrugged his shoulders. The overall impression is that the staff is not really interested in helping out the guests so they have a positive experience of staying in the hotel.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

The room had a lot of plugs.
    • Business PLUS Double Room with Terrace

I asked for a room on an upper floor and I got a room at a low street level. At 6 am a lorry came just beside de room at the level of the window, to bring "brotchen" for breakfast. It woke me up. I have asked for a quiet room. In the reservation page it is said that the bed can be 1,50 to 1,80 but in the reception they said that is not posible a big bed.

The room had a lot of plugs. Wardrobe and space to keep things. It was clean. Confortable bed.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

It should be possible to buy b/fast at Booking.
    • Business Single Room

It should be possible to buy b/fast at Booking.com. Now it is separate and they charge 18 Euros which is a rip-off. The quality of the b/fast was ok but not anything in particular.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Receptionist on arrival was very efficient.
    • Business Single Room

I was 'upgraded' to an appartment with a dingy kitchen. The room telephone was in the office area - I subsequently did not hear my early morning call.

Receptionist on arrival was very efficient. An Italian restaurant adjacent to the hotel served excellent Pugliese cuisine.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

very enjoyable
    • Business Double Room

bathroom drain got blocked but it was sorted out quickly.

free drinks in the room, convenient after coming back from a long day.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Beyond expectations
    • Deluxe Double Room

Staff, character, comfort, help for baby

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Breakfast, simple but good choices
    • Business Double Room

Decoration looked a bit worn down...

Breakfast, simple but good choices

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Good value for money
    • Business Double Room

Design is a bit outdated, parking and breakfast are rather expensive

Comfortable and clean rooms and good facilities

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Close to train station and Congress center

Close to train station and Congress center

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Booked at short notice
    • Business PLUS Double Room with Terrace

Room was a weird layout, parking was expensive and sofa bed didnt exist

Booked at short notice

Everything.

Everything..

A good hotel near to our family. Great hotel .
    • Business Double Room

Very comfortable and clean. Good location. Plenty of mirrors .

Room was very good, nice to have outside space as well.
    • Business PLUS Double Room with Terrace

Was advertised as having a spa and gym, but these were closed during our stay.

Room was very good, nice to have outside space as well.

Atte

Nothing to complain.

Air condition. Clean rooms.

The rooms where big

The rooms where big

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Wonderfull!

Wonderfull!!

nice place, very nice staff !
    • Business PLUS Double Room with Terrace

beds are i little bit small though !

nice place, very nice staff ! very good breakfast

Good fitnes...
    • Business Double Room

Normal fitness. I was there twice times. Good apartment.

Awesome Place with Extremely Wonderful Work Force :-)
    • Apartment

No Swimming Pool :-)

Everything :-)

Spacious and well equipped
    • Deluxe Double Room

A little noisy and away from amenities. Gym could do with more equipment, more air conditioning and a water fountain.

Spacious and well equipped

I like gym there, not so big but enough for me .
    • Business Double Room

I like gym there, not so big but enough for me ...

NOT SO BAD

OTOPARK FEE

ho-hum

faded glory

breakfast nice but expensive

All good and always again

All good and always again

Great place to stay with some living history
    • Deluxe Double Room

We loved the historical vibe!

Verry good

Verry good

All is good

All is good

Friendly relaxed atmosphere

Friendly relaxed atmosphere

Super hotel on the museum mile of Bonn
    • Business Double Room

Breakfast is not worth 14 euro, but there was no nearby alternative.

Spacious room, excellent facilities, friendly and helpful staff, speedy wifi.

Superior! Nothng to add

espresso

everything

The complementary drinks, location.
    • Business Double Room

The complementary drinks, location.

good decent hotel near the river with all felicities and very nice staff
    • Business PLUS Double Room with Terrace

twin queen beds in rooms, less furniture to make it look big, though all furniture was nicely done, still there was too much of it.

Great experience at Derag LivingHotel. Nice location, great people.

The bed extra comfy

TV

Was able to check in early and the room was quiet.
    • Business Single Room

Was able to check in early and the room was quiet. Full size bath tub and yummy coco available for free in the room which kept me warm and happy.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Excellent location with good staff.

Rooms little dark

Staff, location, rooms size, cleanest and under ground car parking with good price.

Clean and good location.

Wonderful Place to Relax
    • Business Double Room

Very nice and clean. Amazing area, good restaurant nearby and amenities were great.

Ok

I book the room especially for the room-embedded kitchen,...
    • Deluxe Double Room

I book the room especially for the room-embedded kitchen, but when I check in I was told the kichen set not open for commen user,really confused

Good value for money and well-placed
    • Business Single Room

Well-placed for the World Conference Centre. Excellent breakfast. Helpful and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

The hotel room's isolation was not good.
    • Business Double Room

The hotel room's isolation was not good. We could hear the talk from our neighbors room. It was not comfortable on the late night

My stay was very good and productive
    • Business Double Room

Easy to use public transport. Good restaurant.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Real comfort at a great price
    • Business Double Room

Bathrobes were great. Staff was delightful.