Reviews of Romantik Wellnesshotel Diedrich This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Nuhnestraße 2, 59969 Hallenberg, Germany

#4 of 14 hotels in Hallenberg

I have stayed in this hotel before and it is one of my...
    • Standard Single Room

This stay was rather disappointing for one major and a couple of more minor reasons. Firstly, I had dinner in the restaurant. I had booked for 8, and my main course was excellent and nicely served. I then waited some considerable time for someone to come near so I could order dessert, which I had been looking forward to. When someone finally did come, I was told the kitchen was closed and therefore I could not have dessert. This was at 9.15 pm, so not really late. They offered me icecream. Therefore I could not finish my meal as planned. To be honest I was absolutely shocked at this dreadful service. It did seem to me that the waitress service was rather haphazard as I was served by at least 3 different people at different times. This could explain why I was never offered dessert, but that having happened, I would have expected a much better effort. Second problem was that the saunas were not working in the morning (8-9 pm). The previous night they were fine and I very much enjoy their large sauna with panoramic window. Disappointing not to have a sauna ion the morning, but I still enjoyed my swim. Third minor problem was that there was no soap in the bathroom. This is a bit odd, since they provide everything else including shower cap, vanity set, body lotion etc etc, but no soap! Not really a problem for me though as I always bring my own. Owing to the first issue, it might be that I stay elsewhere in future.

I have stayed in this hotel before and it is one of my absolute favourites anywhere. Normally it is difficult to fault. Food is excellent, the pool area and sauna are superb .It is easy to find and parking is fine. Rooms are generous, clean and comfortable. Price is OK too and the staff very welcoming.

Comfort and reach my expectation

I was sick and only reached hotel at the second day. I asked for a separate invoice for the first day in order to claim my insurance but the hotel is not able to do so. The pool and sauna area is a bit wet and would be nice to clean it up more frequently. But it is a nice pool and good sauna.

Like big room, clean, friendly staff and nice wellness; Hotel gives me a little present for my birthday, which is a surprise and I think it is very nice and personal.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Great for a weekend getaway

Clean, nice and well equipped rooms with a comfortable bed. The breakfast was good, as well as the on site restaurant. Next to that liked the spa area and the fact that it was only about a 15 minutes drive to the slopes of Winterberg.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Good gym, nice pool and sauna.
    • Comfort Double Room

The pillow was a bit too fluffy and there wasn't another in the room.

Good gym, nice pool and sauna. Excellent breakfast. Very comfortable and spacious room. Staff all extremely helpful and friendly.

Very Nice

Bath rooms are small.

Variety offered at breakfast.

We had a restful stay, a nice walk around town,and a good dinner.

Nice spacious room. Beautiful setting. Excellent restaurant. The chanterelles were superb.

Very clean - very quiet - great breakfast
    • Standard Single Room

no free WiFi - in times like this?

Very clean - very quiet - great breakfast

• Reviewed: 18 September 2015

This is a really nice hotel with great staff, facilities,...

A bit if a nasty drain smell in the bathroom occasionally (not all the time) A pity the sauna was not available in the morning before breakfast as the area was being cleaned. Everything else was more or less perfect

This is a really nice hotel with great staff, facilities, ambiance and food. Pool/spa is fantastic, including the sauna with picture window. Nice room with comfortable bed. Easy parking

• Reviewed: 28 February 2016

Fine wellness

The vegetables

Fine wellness Excellent meatcorses Luxurious breakfast

• Reviewed: 20 December 2015

We liked the two restaurants and the great sauna complex.

We liked the two restaurants and the great sauna complex. Also the massage was great.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2015

Late opening hours of sauna, swimming pool and restaurant

Late opening hours of sauna, swimming pool and restaurant

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.