Reviews of domicil Residenz Hotel Bad Aachen This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Lütticher Straße 27, 52064 Aachen, Germany

#18 of 41 hotels in Aachen

Nice big room, good heating, Sky News on tv

Breakfast was not good - limited choice of food, slow service, room not big enough, milk & yoghurt left out at room temperature. No kettle in room to make tea/coffee. Soft mattress.

Nice big room, good heating, Sky News on tv

Ideal for a short stay in Aachen

-The bed was not very comfortable. -The room was nice but not very "warm." -It was a little bit too expensive.

-The property is in an excellent location in walking distance from the center and almost next to Aachen Schanz train station. -The bathroom was really nice. -The room was big. -The personel was helpful.

I would never recommend this place to any one. Please do not let those fancy pictures fool you.

The room that we were given was nothing like a hotel room. They put two single bed together to make it bigger bed. So the metal boarders in the middle of two beds were making sleeping so hard. The mattresses they fit in two single beds were so thin. What made us so disappointed about the services was that they never change the bed sheets. We complained to the management as soon as we noticed no clean bed shhet and lots of little trash on the beds. She expressed her sorrow and promised they will change it.. but in the 4 days we stayed in this hotel we saw no change. Very disappointing services.. toilet smells horribly, towels are not enough. And they have water from shower gathering in the corner of bathroom. Never recommend this place .. never. We have stayed in diferent hotels around the world enough to make the right judgment about this one. Not at a hotel level...

The room was very spacious and everything was extremely...
    • Superior Single Room

Arrived later in the evening and no staff was on site anymore. I was able to call someone and they had left the key in a box at the door for which they gave me a code so it all worked out. Not enough parking spots on site, but I was able to find street parking right outside. You can hear your neighbors from upstairs as the sound travels through the old walls so maybe bring some ear plugs if you're a light sleeper.

The room was very spacious and everything was extremely clean. Breakfast was delicious and a good sized buffet. Staff was very friendly.

great if you love cold showers
    • Superior Single Room

The basics of a room for more than euro 90 were not delivered. Could not get the water to become warm enough for me to take a shower. The mattress was worn out and needs replacing. Light bulb over mirror not working. Since place is not staffed over night, could not call service. When I told next morning to the lady at reception that basics had not been met, she offered free breakfast. But I don't think that this makes up for basic problems.

Room was as described. Large room. Good sized bathroom. Beautiful view out of windows over green leafy courtyard. With style. Really a place to feel more at home than most hotel chains. Clean.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Nice, tasty and beautiful place with a lack of comfort for a ***hotel garni

The first employee when arriving was quite cool and I didn´t feel so much welcome. - What I was really missing was the coffee and tea making facility in the room. Travelling quite a lot internationally it is quite uncomfortable not to have it in the room especially as the domicil is a hotel which only offers breakfast. - I had booked a superior double room for one person. During my travels I never experienced in other hotels that the bed clothes for one person has been taken away. So I had to ask for a second pillow, because I have to sleep with my head quite high.

The room was big, very clean and had a very comfortable bed. - There was a really big an comforable bathroom with a lot of space and really very well functioning fittings. Wonderful morning shower was possible. - Breakfast was really nice and tasty and I liked the fresh handmade fruit salat and the scrambled eggs with herbs best. - The matron was very helpful, when I left the cables of my iPhone and my lap top in the room, when I left.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Great stay in Aachen

There was nothing that we did not like. This is a great place.

Great location, very elegant and comfortable, quiet, convenient to downtown, helpful and friendly staff, . We will return on our next trip to Aachen to this hotel. Breakfast was great.

comfortable and quiet

stairs, UHT milk

comfortable and quiet

Nice independant rooms with a good price / value relation

No Elevator

Good value. Nice accomodations. House has been a former appartment house. In room cooking feaseble.

possibility to cook

a bit run down

possibility to cook

Just what we needed

Friendly helpful staff

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Basic hotel

Very plain decor, felt like a student room. No frills

Comfortable bed

Very nice place, maybe a tiny bit pricey.

Slow wifi, squeaky floors and windows.

Nice place, clean, pleasant, location is very good.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

nice hotel, recommended. Girls in reception are realy helpful.

careful if you have big luggage, there is no lift.

good location, 15 mins walking to old town center. super market nearby. nice and quiet room.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

I stay here every year.

Provision of tea and coffee so I can use the kettle and coffee-maker would be nice but now I just bring my own.

I stay here every year. Staff could not be more helpful. Rooms are well-appointed, clean, comfortable. I appreciate the kitchenette facilities and whirlpool bath! Beautiful gardens where you may smoke.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2016

A lovely building, 3 bus stops from the railway station, and...

A lovely building, 3 bus stops from the railway station, and a 15-min walk from the town centre. A small kitchinette in the room, nice abstract painting on the wall, has a "homely" atmosphere, and... there's a half-bottle of reasonably priced wine in the fridge if you're interested!

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

Nice size of apartment

Was not expecting a whirlpool bath but there was one - didn't work unfortunately. No baking tray

Nice size of apartment Balcony Having an upstairs room Bathroom size

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

We stayed here while visiting my husband's parents in...

We stayed here while visiting my husband's parents in Aachen. It was the perfect location for us--just around the corner from their apartment. Plenty of street parking if their parking lot is full. Our room was quite large for European standards and there's a bakery and market across the street. Staff were very friendly (and patient with my rusty German!) and overall we had a lovely stay. We'll definitely be coming back for future visits to the in-laws.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

Everything.

If I had to nit-pick: wifi was rather weak, but we didn't use it anyway. Also hot water pressure in the shower was not consistent - either it was cold or boiling. Would return anyway.

Everything. Room was big, had a terrace, kitchenette, sofa, armchairs, big TV, big bathroom. Staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

Big positive surprise on arrival was that the hotel is very...

Didn't get my wifi to work (but to be honest, didn't need it so badly so I gave up pretty quickly)

Big positive surprise on arrival was that the hotel is very special in the way it is planned: most of the rooms have an individual access from the garden. The gardens are indeed lush, with tables, lounge chairs and kids playground set a bit all over the hotel property. It made our summer stay extremely enjoyable. Our apartment itself was quite basic in design but functional and clean. Location is good, seemed safe and a walking distance both to the train station and the center. Didn't take the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2015

Perfect location.

Perfect location. Although walking distance to downtown, away from the noise of the city. People at the hotel are absolutely friendly. Very good for longer stays

• Reviewed: 2 January 2016

The excellent family room.

The excellent family room. The absolutely friendly staff

• Reviewed: 1 June 2015

Self-contained studio

No indoor common area e.g. to wait for others or for a taxi

Self-contained studio

There are also 9 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.