Reviews of Dürer-Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Neutormauer 32, Mitte, 90403 Nürnberg, Germany

#24 of 112 hotels in Nürnberg

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Excellent hotel.

Wifi connexion fine, but not perfect.

Excellent hotel. I had a nice terrasse, which was great. And breakfast is excellent (as a vegan person, I appreciated the wide variety of choices).

Beautiful location and very friendly staff.

The hotel had a lovely outdoor garden which I believe only allowed food and drink from the bar. We like to shop for wine and cheese when we travel and would have loved to sample it there. We understand the policy, but our experience would have been even better had we been able to enjoy our own appetizers there.

We arrived early and were able to check into our room giving us extra time to explore the city. We loved the location and would choose this hotel again!

Step into history right here! Photos: Entryway of the hotel, and just a few step from it!

We had no issues with our stay here and we'd stay here again!

Right where we wanted to be....Inside the fortified section of the city, minutes walk from the Castle, very good restaurants and bars. Easy walking distance to the Cathedral and the rest of the historic centers of the city.....Outstanding!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Sauna is good, nice personal, good brekfast, nice view to...

small hot rooms without air conditioning, only ventilators were available.

Sauna is good, nice personal, good brekfast, nice view to the city, very good location

No a/c we was told a fan was in the cupboard in 39c this was useless The bed mattress was covered in rubber/plastic so it made you sweat even more. The window was a tilt window and it would not stay open It was like a sauna and I never slept It was too hot. Plus the floor above was being renovated. So from 8am there was work going on. This hotel is not a 4 or even 3 star hotel it’s dated I would rate 2 star and that is very generous

Uncomfortably hot rooms

The rooms were uncomfortably hot and small. The fan helped but I was told that there were no rooms with air-conditioning which was not true: I found out later that the larger familiy rooms had air-conditioning. However, even when I asked for a second room for my son who came the following day, they still didn't offer this solution. I later heard them giving a family room to another couple (without children) who were complaining about the heat of their room.

The location is convenient for visiting the old town (although quite a walk from the station, and there are other hotels closer to the shops). Breakfast was good, typical of the hotels in the area.

perfect for exploring the medivial lanes

There is no AC which can be a bit inconvenient when a heatwave arrives but they at least tried and there is a fan in every room.

Perfect locaton virtually next to Durer haus. Big room. Great breakfast, plenty of choice. Beside all the usual they offer tiny weißwurst with brez'n and even milchreis, apfelmus and other homey food. In spite of being in the heart of the old town the hotel has a decent garage. It is fun seing the receptionist in dirndl (fully dressed up with apron and all) operating the lift getting your car up or down so more can be parked one above another. The room was surprisingly big, with views over the city wall. Nathroom a bit smaller but with a bathtub and really nice soap and shower gel, not the usual cheap hotel stuff.

Perfect location, perfect place
    • Deluxe Quadruple Room

There was nothing about the hotel that we did not like. I wish the price was a little easier on the wallet. It was definitely a first class place and location, but a little high in price. We could of stayed at some other places that were just as nice for a little less.

We rented the two bedroom and it was extrordinary! The beds were extremely confortable, the rooms were very spacious, and the bathroom was huge with his and her sinks, a beautiful large shower, a larg tub and the room was very clean. Each room had its own lit closet and a refrigerator. Defintely a great place to spread out and relax in. The hotel put out an incredible breakfast that had everything you could want including fruit, egss, bacon, yogurt, and even salmon and more!! We were extremely impressed with the service and the restaurant. The hotel staff were very friendly and went out of there way for you. The parking was very easy and convenient. The location of the hotel was perfect. You walk out the door, walk a few steps and you are in the heart of Nurnberg. Our only regret was not staying longer, but we plan on returning to this exact area to do so in the next two years. This was our first time in Germany and this was our favorite area (we stayed in Berlin, Rothenburg, Wurzburg and Munich as well). We would stay at this hotel again for sure. A+++ all the way around!

Comfortable hotel with prime location, with friendly informative staff and excellent breakfast.

Parking is at a premium. Suggest using city parking garage.

Comfortable hotel across the alley from the castle, with friendly informative staff and excellent breakfast.

Amazing hotel near the wall, near the castle. Great rooms and service

We were travelling with a relative and her son, and we had two huge rooms , the bathrooms the best I've seen in Germany, could almost say in Europe, they were amazing. Too bad we stayed only one night., The location couldn't be better. Super friendly staff. The only thing kind of weird was the garage, when they asked me to park on a ramp, which looked like something for a mechanic, though funny, but when we went to get th car, my car was up and we had to find a switch to get the ramp down, interesting.

Fantastic location in the old part of town

Nothing to dislike.

We stayed here once before and had no hesitation in re-booking. Fantastic location in the old part of the city. Just one minute's walk to the castle and the best traditional restaurants. The rooms are really very comfortable and breakfast is excellent. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Price/Quality Ratio is good. No negative remarks. Will come back again.

The location is excellent, can’t believe how close is to...

The location is excellent, can’t believe how close is to everything, the room’s AC is very good, the room is clean, comfortable, the shower curtain should go but it was still ok. breakfast was superb, everyone can eat to their own liking, excellent staff. Parking is 1 minute walk, close and safe. Since we left the US this was by far the best hotel we stayed in, for this price. Thank you for having us Erika and Mariano USA

Good location.

Too bad that it can be very loud due to the location directly next to the city wall especially in the summer when the windows are open. Otherwise ok!

Good location.

In the middle of Altstadt.

Some of the rooms can only be reached by stairs, so if you have a lot of luggage there are a lot of firedoors to open (no automatic dooropeners) and stairs to carry suitscases in.

Great location in Altstadt Nürnberg and easy to reach by car. The straff was very fiendly and helpful. Good breakfast.

Amazing location,staff, breakfast and bed comfort.

The first night the room was a bit hot. But I opened the window and it was fine.

Amazing location,staff, breakfast and bed comfort. It was really a wonderful experience. Also absolutely quiet room, in spite of the amazing location.

The location is great, the staff was very polite and helpful.

For a four-star hotel, not having air-conditioning was a major disappointment. I cannot recommend it between May and September, I guess. We slept all night with the window large open, mid-May, and it was OK, but I cannot really say whether that is acceptable for everybody and any room. During the day, with (only) 28 degrees Celsius and the sun burning your window, one cannot really stay inside, I believe

The location is great, the staff was very polite and helpful. The breakfast was very nice, too!

its ok and in the centre

I missed some ammenities (there was just plain soap) and the bed wasnt very confortable. My room was over the kitchen you in the mornings (6 am) you could totally smell the sausages

love the location and the breakfast

Overall great short break

Would have liked to have food available in the evening as one of the nights when we were there was very snowy and it was difficult to get out for dinner

Central Location and quality of breakfast was excellent

Very helpful staff :) clean and very Nice room.

Breakfast room somewhat small for so many guests. But you could also have your breakfast in the launch area when the breakfastroom was to busy, that was helpful :)

Very helpful staff :) clean and very Nice room.

Best hotel all round for location, staff, room and breakfast! Highlight of our week in Germany.

Nothing to dislike.

Wonderful location very close to the castle and main attractions. Staff are super-helpful and friendly. Breakfast is fantastic. Rooms are very comfortable.

weekend sight-seeing stay

Sometimes people on the neighbouring balconies talked loudly in the late hours of the evening when we wanted to sleep.

Everything was very good but the quiet beautiful garden in the back was like a little oasis of peace

The lighting in the bathroom is poor. The beds are too soft. No air conditioning, so it was pretty hot.

Excellent location. Excellent breakfast. Big and spacious room.

Fabulous Hotel Durer

The lift was a little bit slow in arriving, but not really a reason to complain! No air con, which usually wouldn't be an issue in Germany, but it was a heatwave when I visited. They did however have a fan in the room, so the staff have really considered the comfort of their guests.

Beautiful room, nicely decorated and extremely clean. Friendly staff and a great selection in the breakfast buffet. All in all a great hotel in a super location for exploring old town Nurnberg.

Good, clean hotel in the city center

No aircon was the killer. Even with the fan, the room was way too hot for me. I couldn't sleep well at all during the night. I was given a road facing the street and the noise level throughout the night was really loud - even after the bars closed down. Suggest you get a room away from the street. Staff could have been friendlier.

The room was immaculate and the everything worked perfectly in the room. The breakfast was amazing and I enjoyed it a lot. Great location for being inside the city "wall." You can walk anywhere from this location. Lots of great pubs and restaurants nearby. Staff was extremely knowledgeable and efficient.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Albrechts Dürer Hotel, an excellent choice in Nürnberg!

It was when I checked out that I discovered that the breakfast was NOT included and neither was the parking! I am not sure whose fault this is--their's or booking.com's. I am pretty sure it was not clear to me when I booked my stay. I was still glad for it but wished I'd seen the add-ons when I booked.

I was first impressed with the staff. They were very friendly and incredibly helpful! I had booked my week-long stay at the last minute because a long-term furnished rental fell through. Because they saw that I'd be there for a whole week, they gave me a larger room that facilitated the work I needed to do in my room. On-site parking is a must in the Altstadt and I was very grateful for that too. Because I needed to eat out so often, I made the most of the breakfast offerings which were great!

Excellent beer and sausages

Being in the old town and an old building only the common areas and restaurant are airconditioned so in high summer you need to use the fans supplied in the rooms.

Parking is limited so best to book in advance. The breakfast caters for all tastes - fresh bread, fruit and best of all smoked salmon and trout. For the meat eaters there is of course the famous neuremberg sausage and german cold meats

Perfect location and superb breakfast in Nuremberg!

It didn't matter to us but if you have mobility issues and or are travelling with a lot of luggage it would be best to advise the hotel as the access to some of the rooms is through a rabbit warren of corridors and up and down stairs!

The location couldn't have been better for a visit to Nuremberg. Although it is within the city walls, access couldn't have been easier and the access to and from the parking garage was really easy. The best thing about the hotel though had to be the breakfast! Super organised, everything was kept fresh and lots of it!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Alles - Fast Internet ohne Log In hassle, just click a box.

Alles - Fast Internet ohne Log In hassle, just click a box. Garage ist OK for normal Cars, takes a little extra time due the "Bunkbed setup" ;-)

Looking 4 ultimate relax?

It's a small and EXTREMELY peaceful, rather "quite upright" 4 stars hotel. As a whole I've almost nothing to complain. The bathroom was a bit small but very clean. Good position. Breakfast should be improved in quantities: probably limited due to the confined space dedicated to foodservice on itself (no remarks instead about the quality). Choice of desserts very, very poor, though. A rather strange note: no possibility of regulating the temperature inside the room. I had to leave the window open the first night as it was way too hot ... (no conditioner).

wi-fi cleanness

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Friendliest staff ever, amazing breakfast and super location, a real gem!

we used the guests computer to check in online for our return flight and it was really slow, however the reception staff were really helpful in sorting out the problem

The staff were the friendliest I have ever experienced in a hotel. The breakfast buffet was amazing, room was very comfortable and super-clean

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Good location, clean, comfortable and delicious breakfast.

The bottled water was the only thing in the mini bar that did not have a price which suggested that it was free when in fact it was not.

Very clean, spacious and comfortable room. Excellent options for breakfast and very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Highly recommended.

Half door for the shower makes you a bit self-conscious about getting the floor wet. The bed was a bit stiff for my taste, but it grew on me after a couple days. Blanket/sheet combo takes some getting used to. The WiFi was only marginal in 206.

Amazing breakfast spread. Very comfy room. Employees were exemplary. Location was just perfect for wandering.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

We would rquest a room away from the lift and staff room next time.

Very nice hotel in quiet area of the centre, just a few minutes walk to everything. Excellent garage for parking. We would definitely stay there again.

Comfortable stay in a nice inn.

Great location and very comfortable beds. Breakfast was great too. Most of the staff were very nice and helpful. The room is quiet. Liked the USB charging connectors in the room. Proximity to the Albrecht Durer house is a bonus - very rich art history.

Comfortable room.

Finding the hotel by car is challenging until you have mastered the one way streets. Car parking very cramped.

Comfortable room. Excellent location for the castle and the old city.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Very good

Location - quiet street right by the Durerhaus and castle, and near the centre of town. A building that fits in well with the old-town streets around it, and contains good quality modern mid-priced accommodation. Excellent range of choices for breakfast. Relaxed bar open late.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Great breakfast and great location.

Sauna/spa was under construction. This was communicated in advance so not a huge deal, but constructions was loud and started at about 0700!!

Great breakfast and great location. The staff was very helpful and loved the free glass of gluwein.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Great place to stay!

Showers were small.

the breakfast was amazing! location is great, an easy walk to the christmas market. parking garage was easy to use. staff friendly.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Lovely Boutique Hotel located in historical town

Maybe some tea and coffee making facilities in the room

Very nice location just under the castle. Christmas markets and shops nearby. Great selection for breakfast. Very quiet.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

An amazing place to stay in the heart of Nuremberg !

Absolutely nothing !

The location was amazing - right in the inner city, with even a view on the Kaiserburg from our room (we were very lucky !); it is just 5mn away from the Hauptmarkt and the river, so you can't get more central. The staff was extremely helpful, the breakfast tasty - and the complimentary Glühwein and speculoos (maybe due to the Christmas market ?) were delicious. There is indeed an indoor parking, which is very convenient, but I would recommend people with very big cars to call ahead to book one of the bigger places - to optimize the space, cars are parked on one of these moving parking places that allow two cars per slot, so the height is the limiting factor. Our Suzuki SX4 fitted perfectly, so I expect that most cars would be fine; they do have a couple of places with no height limit, but there are not so many.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

The location alone does not justify the price!

Interior and furniture are very old, damaged and desperately need a makeover. Very small rooms, almost no comfort, not pleasant and absolutely low standard.

It is clean and the location is great.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Good value & great location!

The accommodations were comfortable. If you want luxury, this is not the place for you. But, if you want fair value & excellent location--this is it.

Hotel was in an excellent location and served a delicious breakfast that varied daily. The hotel rooms were very "basic" & the beds were comfortable enough.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Wonderful location

No complaints at all. If I return to nurenburg, I would stay there again.

The location was excellent and they had parking onsite. Breakfast food amd service was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Room was very spacious!

Room was very spacious! Pocket doors could be closed off and really create 2 rooms. Heated floors in bathroom. 2 TVs. Great location. Staff very friendly with complimentary gingerbread and warm gluhvein at check in. Don't miss the free breakfast! It was fantastic and huge buffet of food to choose from. Everything you could possibly think of!

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Just what we asked for. Thank you!

We had the occasional grumpy staff member, but most were very kind and helpful. A full bed, instead of 2 singles pushed together would have been more comfortable, but this issue is common in Germany.

We were given exactly the type of room we asked for. There was good communication with the hotel, before our arrival. The hotel is in a quiet and ideal location. The parking is on site (wonderfully convenient). The breakfast is expansive and fantastic. My husband has stayed at this hotel 4 or 5 times, since the early 1990s.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Excellent hotel conveniently located in old town of Nuremberg

no snacks available to purchase during the day or evening

excellent breakfast with good choice of hot and cold food. lovely large spacious room very warm and comfortable would definitely return

Fabulous location!

The WiFi was not great, we had issues trying to connect.

Fabulous location! The room was nice and breakfast was yummy.

This hotel is centrally located in the old town of Nuremburg.
    • Deluxe Quadruple Room

This hotel is centrally located in the old town of Nuremburg. This is an excellent location and the amenities were perfect.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Superb localisation.

Superb localisation. Very comfortable private parking

good location, near castle, many f & b nearby

my room is face to road, a little bit noisy

good location, near castle, many f & b nearby

Everything was excellent and nice welcome we got
    • Deluxe Quadruple Room

It needs a water hose for bath for Muslim people.

Everything was excellent and nice welcome we got

Excellent location inside the old town

Excellent location inside the old town

Good atmosphere in the heart of the city

Location, breakfast, historical atmosphere, spacious room

One of the best hotels I've ever been.
    • Deluxe Quadruple Room

One of the best hotels I've ever been.

no comment

The missing of airconditioning

no comment

The lack of air conditioning

The lack of air conditioning

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

very hot humid and stuffy

very hot humid and stuffy

The plastic sheet over the mattress made sleeping in hot...

The plastic sheet over the mattress made sleeping in hot weather most uncomfortable and turning over in bed made crinkle noises. Not good.

Great’

Fantastic location!!!

Great breakfast.

Great breakfast. Great staff.

Location of Hotel

Location of Hotel

The bar is closed on Sunday night. Mini bar in room had no white wine.

Fantastic breakfast. Nice bar & lounge area.

Breakfast, quiet

Slow WiFi, parking too expensive!,

Breakfast, quiet

Very good

Beds

Location and staff

Excellent location nice staff average rooms

Room was small and dark but OK for two nights

I had booked for two nights, wish I could have stayed longer.

Nothing I did not like.

Location, friendly staff, excellent breakfast buffet.

Nice place

Internet slow

Nice place

Very good location and rooms

Very good location and rooms

Excellent accommodation in a beautiful town.

Excellent selection of fresh fruit at breakfast Friendliness of staff Bath and shower in bedroom

Great value, clean and happy staff.

Breakfast was great, well priced minibar

Evertything.
    • Quadruple Room

The location is perfect

Evertything. Just a very good hotel. Very relaxing and comfortable place

Cute hotel in a great location.

The location was great. The breakfast was good and the staff was nice and helpful

It was fantastic !!

Very good breakfast , confortable room and good bed and shower

I liked breakfast, broad variety of snacks.

Shower was really poor, I believe it should be renovated.

I liked breakfast, broad variety of snacks.

Very nice place to live; maybe the nicest place in the old town

I travelled with a colleague. Everything was excellent. The flight connection from Norway to Nuremberg is bad.