Reviews of Leonardo Hotel Düsseldorf Airport Ratingen 4 stars

Broichhofstr. 3, 40880 Ratingen, Germany

• Standard Double

The hotel is in transition from Holiday Inn to Leonardo so there was some renovation work evident, but it was not a problem.

Convenient position for the airport with shuttle service (5 euro), nevertheless a quiet location. Helpful staff. our flight was delayed so we used the indoor/outdoor pool which we had to ourselves. There was a pleasant seating area with umbrellas alongside and a small gym too. The hotel has a bar/pub and a pleasant airy dining room which we did not use. The room was spacious, comfortable and clean with complimentary water and a small fridge. Basic WiFi was free.

• Comfort Double Room

The restaurant didn't open one of the nights, and I wasn't informed, had to eat in the bar that night and the food wasn't great, choice was terrible. Coffee in the hotel wasn't nice either but that's only minor. I was also told I couldn't get a late checkout but not sure why I wasn't allowed?

The breakfast was absolutely beautiful, loads of choice! The beds were comfy and the shower was nice. They held my luggage for me for an hour after I had checked out which was nice. And they have a beautiful area out the back with a pool and a little pond that was nice to sit out in.

• Standard Double

The breakfast was overprice, the carpet in my room looked liked it hadn’t been vacuumed and the pool area was tired

The rooms were adequate and had everything you needed. The shower was fantastic. Good value for money. The staff were really helpfulk

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Reserved two double beds, got one double when first given the room, changed to a double and a pull out bed which wasn't suitable, finally got two doubles - no issues with the staff all sorted quickly. No fridge in the room we ended up in but there had been in the first two. Garden needed a good tidy up, overgrown around the pool but the gardener was there the day we left. Not much in the area around the hotel in terms of facilities - good greek and chinese restaurants within 10-15mins walking distance, supermarket similar distance away. Shuttlebus pre-ordered is 5 euros each, but we took a taxi for 6 from the airport and it was 24 euros. Car parking 10 euros per night is a bit much.

Staff very friendly and helpful couldn't fault them at all. Food was good (breakfast and evening meal). Pool was good. Clean hotel and rooms. Location very close to the airport. Bus stop reasonably close by. We stayed three nights, but its very much an airport hotel suitable for a one night stay. No issues that really affect the quality of our stay and I would say overall a good hotel.

• Superior Triple Room

Dirty! Old! Terrible. Our room smelledlike sewage!!! Impossible. Service was impossible. Waiter at the restaurant was petulant and very rude. Can’t recommend it at all. Under the bed we found old dirty socks. A pair of reading glasses and lots of trash. How we discovered? Because I was looking for my sunglasses. Ha! Another place that ignored the costumers. I wrote to Holliday inn hotels complaining about this place and no one answered. Means that nobody cares. They don’t need costumers. Simple like that. Never again!!!

We had been given rooms at 2nd floor, since there is no elevator in this 2 storeys Hotel, the staff moved us to 1st floor cause we had a lot of belongings. Thanks madam!

• Standard Double

The area of swimming pool and sauna quite old and looks not clean even if it is. The room lighting needs constant walking arround to switch it on and off. No one point to control all lighting

Good place prior the flight or to stay for Messe. Spacy and comfy room. Nice people at reception. Great acces to the garden

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The parking is in the back, but the only entrance is in the very front. If they had keycard access to side and back doors like most other Holiday Inns I'm used, it could have been 20 seconds car to room. Instead, it was 5-10 minutes to park, walk all the way around the hotel (on cold nights!) and then all the way back through the hotel to my room. There were many side/ back doors, but they were fire exit only. Also, the parking was extra and it would have been more convenient if this could have been pre-paid in the Booking.com site.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Too pricey for what we've got. We've paid for a comfort room (one level up from standard) and they gave us the smallest room you can have, and we were with 2 kids! It was really disappointing :( On top of that, we asked the staff for warming up the bottle of our baby son and they simply told us it was not possible! They said the kitchen was closed!!! When my husband got upset and went to the restaurant, they said they don't do that in the evening because of the Muslims (??) But then the person in the restaurant said to the guy in the bar (you shouldn't have denied to warm up the bottle, because babies are exception of this rule). It was a very weird, unfriendly experience. Come on, how can a hotel not warm up a bottle for one guest with a baby at 10.30pm?!? Bar and restaurant still open??? Even if we asked at 3pm, they should still do it. This was the most absurd situation we've ever experienced in a hotel so far. So, families with kids, don't go there. I don't recommend this hotel at all. You've been warned.

Breakfast was super, this is the only plus...

• Executive Double Room - Non-Smoking

Location was disappointing. Really is in the middle of nowhere. Actually it could well be where the people from the middle of nowhere go to get away from it all. Certainly a good distance from the airport and a long long way from Dusseldorf. Lot of taxi rides so factor that into the price. When Dusseldorf is heavily booked this place would be OK. Otherwise you can do better. There are nice hotels in town and some god Airport Hotels which are actually at the airport

Room was OK but nothing special

• Standard Double

Continental breakfast was disappointing.

Bed was very comfortable and the shower pressure totally awesome. Enjoyed the pub food. Front desk personnel was very pleasant and helpful.

• Standard Double

Hotel has only two floors, but if you have heavy luggage, the fact there is no elevator might be challenging.

Awesome hotel for accomodation near the airport

• Executive Double Room - Non-Smoking

Very busy hotel, very noisy during the night, people leaving early to go to airport. Check in and check very slow, check out only one person on desk, long queues.

Good selection for breakfast, restaurant was ok, not great choice of food and expensive. Bar was good, get snacks there also. Staff were good.

• Standard Double

Cold Shower, I've complained to staff but they would not do anything to compensate for my cold shower in morning especially since i needed to be at the airport in the morning.

Big room, very clean

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It’s by far no 4 star hotel. Rooms super old full of damaged details and dark wall corners.

The staff considering the hotel was really super friendly and helpful.

• Standard Double

restaurant menu selection very limited. Wine selection not good (all Chilean) and 6.90 euro a glass. The hotel is located in a food dessert, and there's nothing to see in the area. You would need a car if you intended to use this hotel as a base to explore Dusseldorf.

Hotel staff very friendly. Shuttle to airport is 5 euros roundtrip. If you are at the airport, you must call the shuttle driver to arrange pickup, which is at door 10 from the departure level (very important to note! Departures are one level up from arrivals). First shuttle of the day leaves the hotel at 420 am, which is plenty of time to catch a 6 am flight (Dusseldorf is not busy at that hour). The hotel is fine for one night. It's advantage is easy access to airport and good price. There are bicycle paths from the hotel, so you could cycle to places and get exercise. Or go for a run.

• Standard Double

I didn’t like how the receptionist asked me to pay added room even I have paid all. But finally, I didn’t pay at all.

I like the room because it is big for standard. Calm property.

• Standard Double

On Christmas Day we arrived at 19.50 and the kitchen was already closed. Considering that the hotel is an airport hotel and Düsseldorf is one one largest package holiday airports and the hotel is located far away from amenities like restaurants I would have expected the restaurant to be open until 22.00 at least even on Christmas Day.

The size of the room was vey good

• Standard Double

the restaurant was closed on the night we were there. but the reception staff was kind to order us pizza.

The rooms were nice and comfy. very clean and a nice garden view. Comfy beds but very soft so the mattress was moving a lot when changing the position.

• Standard Double

Me and my girlfriend made 2 bookings by mistake, literally 1 second apart, but the hotel did not want to cancel one of them and they kept telling me to wait for a decision, decision that never came

Nice staying

• Standard Double

Only down fall was the public transport into Dusseldorf centre the hotel was only 9 minutes but would take a bus then a tram and a taxi would be over €30 so we had to drive in and find parking

Staff fantastic Restaurant and bar brilliant and very good value for money

• Executive Double Room - Non-Smoking

The pillows were to soft, There were hairs in the bed, Had to complain but no excuse No hot water maker Fridge not very cold, No lift, People have to carry the suitcases by themselves when having a room upstairs

Rooms big, quiet, air con,

• Standard Double

As I have said previously I wish they did slightly better menu in the bar - it is very basic food in there. They used to have a very good menu - similar to the restaurant - but sadly they stopped doing this a year or so ago.

Beds very comfortable. Very good breakfast. Staff mostly very friendly and helpful. All speak good english which is helpful.

• Standard Double

long walk to car. no access to back of hotel. all doors in back emergency exit.

I really liked location and cost of property. I also liked the shower....lots of water and pressure. I enjoyed the bar on property.

• Standard Double

Well..it's not related to the quality of the accomodation but more with the communication with the staff before arriving at the hotel. We booked by mistake 2 rooms instead of one (and the cancelling policy was that we had to pay the entire room). Our complain is that the hotel was not sympathetic nor flexible with our situation .... we asked if they could maybe give us breakfast or free parking at the hotel in return of leaving one room empty ( we didn't even get the key for the second room). But this didn't happened.

Everything was nice at the hotel. We were also allowed to leave our 2 bikes in the storage room :) The bar inside the hotel was cool

• Standard Double

The on site catering leave something to be desired. We had to get a taxi elsewhere to eat as only the bar was open with very minimal choice

Check in easy

• Standard Double

No seatbelts on the transfer-mini bus , driver missed the way out of the motorway and we nearly crashed . Took a taxi on the way back und would recommend it , it’s the same price .

Very near airport , clean , comfortable , spacious room

• Standard Double

information on Booking.com was incorrect. I chose a property that said it was refundable--no payment until the day before. After it was booked, the statement said it was paid for and 90+% would be charged if I canceled. Happy the day worked out.

clean and quiet; helpful and friendly staff

• Standard Double

Getting a Taxi to pick up in the morning was impossible. A known issue with the staff that they take a long time. I was late for my morning meeting which I flew in ahead for!

• Standard Double

The airport shuttle was free the last time I stayed there a couple months ago, now there is a charge for it. I did not see any information about this when making the booking I was only informed at check in when I already booked the shuttle. The atmosphere of the indoor pool area is not really good.

Meets expectations, good location for a night before an early flight. The bar food is good but the service is slow.

• Standard Double

There were so many mess up that booked for 2 rm for 4 night each, but check out early by 2 nights ahead. there were no flexibility for making things better. and we were over charged . it was a prepaid deal, but long before the due date. tried to call & email. there were no responsed & Booking site could not get me to cancel 1 of the reservation. calling Booking, Booking asked me to contact the hotel. hotel told me to call Booking! kicking me like a ball. we will never stay at this Hotel and will let everybody that we know and do business with (the bad experience that we & our friend) had.

20 Euro for the breakfast, 10 Euro for parking if you already pay 800 Euro for 4 nights. Restaurant is bad, tip: go to Fellini in the near. Best Italian food.

Big rooms, easy to acces, near the airport

• Standard Double

Schuttle available upon request every hour and must be booked in advance at the price of EUR 5.00 per child and adult every hour. In the hotel description its mentioned schuttle available without clarification so you can wait for hours at the airport and no schuttle will come if no guests are dropped. Travelling 3persons will be cheaper and more convenient by taxi at EUR 16.00 from airport. The staff at reception will not provide a kind nor a warm welcome at all. Breakfast at EUR 15.00 is very basic and not worth it. You will get better and cheaper at airport.

Quick service

• Standard Double

RUDE STAFF FRONT DESK who worked on night shift on Oct. 16,2017 and Front desk who worked on morning shift on Oct. 17,2017. front desk staff doesn't know the difference from a bus and a van. We requested for a pickup from DUS airport. I had to call them to follow up my request. The staff told me that there will be a black van with a Holiday inn logo waiting for us. We waited on a breezing wind outside departure for 30minutes! Then I called the hotel then she told me that it is a WHITE BUS. We searched for a WHITE BUS there were no bus we walked from area 10 to area 12 to look for a WHITE BUS. There were no bus. Then she gave me the phone number of the Driver. (Could you believe that?! NO PROPER COMMUNICATION) then I called the driver then we saw the white van. Then upon arriving to front desk I told her what happen because of HER MISTAKE! So unprofessional then she keeps telling us that she called me and told me it is a white van. She keeps insisting that she was the one who called me. But i was the one who did! And she is making faces! So arrogant! Then she said "how did you get here?" I answered we took the shuttle we requested. Then she answered "so whats the problem?" (Still making faces) THE PROBLEM IS SHE IS GIVING WRONG INFORMATION AND DOESNT CALL BACK TO GIVE THE RIGHT INFORMATION. I HAD TO CALL HER USING MY HOME COUNTRY PHONE NUMBER (WASTED 15 EUROS FOR A CALL) then she told us she told the driver to look for us and told us that it was not her fault it was the drivers fault and she was making hand gestures in an unprofessional way really arrogant! Morning shift front desk. We told her that we will be needing an airport shuttle service then she told us to go outside and tell the driver or else he will leave. (COULD YOU BELIEVE THAT? STAFF ORDERING THEIR GUESS TO DO THEIR JOB?) then she gave us an option "so will you go outside and tell the driver or you want me to call him?

Location. That is all. If you are not white and rich looking don't book this hotel. They will not treat you like a guest

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Shower/bath tap very dirty (the only dirty thing in the bathroom!)

Comfy bed, clean bedroom, non-fussy room and bathroom Catering was delicious and plentiful Facilities for the conference were excellent

• Standard Double

service at the reception, had to come back two times until my door key card was working

bed was comfortable, style of the room was modern and nice, location was silent,

• Standard Double

Wifi facilities harken back to the 1990s: - no security code ! - no unlimited access but 1/2 hour tranches, with extra time at a cost ! Come on, Holiday Inn, we are in 2017. Seriously.

Fair price/quality deal.

• Standard Double

The swimming pool did not really seem appealing to me.

Great rooms, quiet location close to the airport as well as good access to the city. Please note that you will need own transportation or will have to use public transportation/taxi to get to whatevery location.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The shuttle to the airport isn't free. It's 5 euros/person. Description on booking.com needs to be updated because I did choose this hotel for the free shuttle to the airport that was on the description.

The location to the Düsseldorf airport is nice.

• Standard Double

Restaurant only provided buffet on the night we stayed (Saturday). The restaurant was very crowded and the buffet was disappointing. The hotel now charge for the shuttle service to/from the airport. Previously this was free.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

First room had blood stains on headboard and nightstand, along with a lot of potato chip crumbs in closet, bathroom had long hair all over the floor and all surfaces were stained/not clean or even wiped down. Reception gave us another room but was equally as disappointing. Holes in pillow cases, no toilet paper and all surfaces were exceptionally dirty. Third room was more of the same. We settled on room 2 and wiped all surfaces down with extra towels I picked-up. All rooms were supposed to be prepared for 4 persons- with none of them containing more than 2 sets of towels. Housekeeping is obviously outsourced with little to no oversight from hotel management. Also, the sink sprayed water everywhere (fawcet lever was malfunctioning) and the toilet stopped flushing on second night which forced us to use the public toilets near the restaurant which were filthy at all hours, day or night. Pool was full of sand, dirt and wads of human hair. Glad we didint book the breakfast!

close to the Messe.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Booking via booking.com and the hotel booking were not the same. Had asked for a 2 x 2 persons bed but was reserved 2x 1 persons bed. After finally getting the keys and placing our things, when returned to hotel, all our belongings were taken out from our room without any notice! Could not believe something like this was permitted!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Requested 2 double beds but was given 1 double 1 single. Traveled with an 11 and 6 yr old so would have preferred 2 doubles.

Helpful, polite staff who spoke very good English, which helped as I speak very little German. Good breaksfast and facilities. Kids loved the pool and having the choice of being in doors or outside. Hotel is close to airport and offers a free shuttle service too.

• Standard Double

Bed was the worst bed had ever slept in, so bad, my wife slept on the floor. Was looking forward to a short break in Dusseldorf, but a sore back from a terrible nights sleep put an end to that. The room was advertised as having air con, which it did not, having only a substandard fan blowing a pathetic amount of ambient air into a room. We were booked in for 3 nights, but left after the first. This hotel should be described as a substandard motel rather than a comfortable hotel. Very disappointed with our experience.

The staff agreed to refund the further 2 nights we were booked in for.

Its a huge hotel close to Dusseldorf Air port about 3 KM SO THE Reception is very busy , also in booking its written parking's are free but its not !!

good break fast

• Standard Double

Noise from airport. Nothing nearby at all. Wasp nest right outside our window/patio door.

Staff was very polite and helpful. Close to airport. Good price. Good amenities.

• Standard Double

Arrived in the evening. It took the staff 30min to check us in. Bedlinnen in the room with the extra bed for my daughter was missing. The staff misinformed me during the evening about the shuttle to the airport, was told every 20min no pre-booking needed, but when i arrived downstairs in the morning they told me i need to pre-book and it leaves every 60min..., so i booked a taxi .

• Standard Double

No big deal however there were not enough towels in the room.

The staff were extremely friendly and ready to help with questions and requests! The rooms were nice and comfortable. Value for the money.

• Standard Double

The restaurant doesn't match the restaurant level - the wine was not fresh opened, risotto was absolutely bad. Chicken supreme was okay, but the total price we paid for the food is unfair. The menu prices and quality doesn't match at all.

Location is great, the hotel provides with the transfer to the airport. Parking is very convenient, enough parking places. The man receptionist greatly explains everything in different languages, he is very friendly, polite and competent. Many thanks to this amazing man-receptionist!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I waited almost 2 hours for the shuttle at the airport and at the end I decided to get a cab and pay 25 euros to get to the hotel. The next day I had to leave to the airport at 7:30 in the morning and the shuttle wasn't available again. I ended up paying another 25 Euros to go back to the airport.

The hotel is nice but the shuttle information is wrong

• Standard Double

The bar closed early at 6pm, even though it was supposed be opened till late and they could not explain us why - so we had to sit in the restaurant for drinks which was a very different atmosphere.

Free airport shuttle, nice garden and pool, comfortable room. The staff was flexible with our requests

They have changed the procedure for the airport shuttle which we were not informed of.You have to ring the hotel and they will ring a cab for you.1 hour wasted after a long day on a plane just wanted to get to the hotel.But we know for next time.

I always stay at this Hotel when in DUS.I always find the staff happy and cheerful.The rooms are always clean a great buffet breakfast hot and cold.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Car park completely full, had to park on a grass verge on the main road outside.

Very friendly and courteous staff. Water and fruit available at reception.

• Standard Double

I didn't like the hotel. The whole parking was busy and the staff could not tell us for sure where we could park in the streets even though they said the the parking is often full. It looks like they did't consider it a problem that we didn't know what to do with our car. So we had to solve it ourselves and parked the car quite far which was awful. There's no elevator. The staff says they can help with luggage, but you have to ask them. And I wasn't feeling well myself so I would prefer elevator even without luggage. And finally - the hotel is very old! Our bathroom was old, clean - ok, but the door had markings and looked as someone bested it. And there was no lock on the bathroom door. The bed was ok, but not 'good', we didn't have time to have breakfast

6 mins to get to Düsseldorf airport.

• Standard Double

First we had to wait an hour and a half for the airport shuttle, we had to call 3 times to front desk asking for the service. When we enter to our room the air conditioner wasn't working, we asked a change of room and we've been told that it was a general problem at the hotel.

The staff at the bar was very kind

• Standard Double

Bed was too soft for my liking (personal thing). Our departure at 0500hrs meant no real breakfast option.

Excellent for access to the Airport - just over 3km away or you can leave your car at the hotel and use their shuttle service. Good double glazing kept noise from Airport out. Had good internal restaurant with variety of choices at a reasonable price.

Outgoing shuttle was full and no system for booking or ensuring fair access or queuing system. Got bounced twice so had to take taxi. Shuttle driver not helpful.Previous experience had been good though.

Large comfortable room. Dinner good. Booking return shuttle useful.

• Standard Double

Paid parking €10 a night, no alternative options Breakfast at €20 pp is expensive, went in to town for breakfast

Nice spacious rooms, clean, free coffee & tea

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Standard Double

You will still call the hotel after your arrival at the airport. That's the only time the shuttle will go to the airport to pick you up! So you still have to wait. Unlike other hotels, the shuttle goes to the airport every 10 to 20 minutes or so.

The breakfast buffet was just right! Though I was not able to try it all.

• Standard Double

The room was great, nice and big. There was a waterboiler and some instant coffee and tea. Only the parking costed 10,- euro which wasn't mentioned on booking.com

N.A.

Had a stay without a breakfast, the check-in was fast and easy. The same for the check-out. The parking cost you 10,- euro and I thought that booking.com mentioned that it was free parking.

• Standard Double

The hotel is not bad but for it is outdated and doesn't have any elevators in it which makes it difficult for guest to go up the stairs with luggages especially if it located to the airport.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room the front desk gave us did not even come close to the room shown at booking and the room we expected and after a complaint to front desk they gave us a new room turned out that it was exactly the same as the first room. After a quick conversation with front desk manager we finally got the room equal to the room at the pictures at booking and the room that we paid for.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Standard Double

Blatent overselling and under delivering in every way. It simply should not be called an airport hotel. It is not convenient for airport or public transport. The free shuttle service is randomly timed and doesn't fit in with your desired timings... The only way to get around is if you hire a car... Which you are then charged at 10 euros a day for for the privilege of parking in their car-park. When we checked in we were given the wrong room with not enough beds.. The duvet cover was so small it barely covered the bed... Not enough towels for the number of people in the room. The temperature of the shower fluctuated from luke warm to scolding. The swimming pool was not the pool shown in the pictures.... And can only be described as an ice bath. The so- called gym consisted of a treatmill, a cross trainer and a bike parked in a hallway.. The sauna was charged at 1 euro a go. Some of the staff were curt at best and often rude. It has definitely made us think twice about staying in another holiday inn. I have stayed in many hotels around the world and this is the 1st time I have been moved to write a bad review.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

"Vintage" furnitures and stained moquette... it would be great to renovate a bit.

Amazing breakfast and good bathroom! Average quality for the room and service.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Confusion in translation about the buffet meal we got charge full price for just hot meal and couldn't even have a pudding which other guest seem to have and I believe we paid full price at 21 euro

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

For switching from superior double/twin to twin room the manager asked me to pay extra 30EUR.And room rate is high without breakfast.

Furniture was good.And Nadja in the reception was very helpful

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Standard Double

the heat device in the first room was ticking like a bom all the time. Kindly they offered me another room and guess what... This sound is a conceptual problem. It looked like the room underwent a facelift but putting a nice housing over old heating still makes it an old heating. One with a strong ticking sound

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Standard Double

Exellent stuff, they helped us to get a taxi to the center and come back, so our stay became an interesting journey but not one night for transfer between flights.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The driver for the hotel shuttle is a total let-down. He rushed guests to the van during pick-up at airport with his hand gestures and impatient look. Once we have boarded, he left the van after receiving a phone call without saying anything and switced off the engine. We sat in darkness not knowing what was happening. Later, he came back with 2 more guests. The next morning, I took a shuttle to airport at 5am. I were travelling alone with few bags. When we reached airport, I asked the driver to wait while i went to get a trolley. I was horrified when he left all my bags on the road and drove off. FYI, the van stops 2 lanes from the airport entrance where the trolley carts are located. Luckily it was early morning and not much traffic, or else my bags may be lost. Disgusting!

The staff at Reception was professional and efficient. Hotel is about 10-15min drive from Dusseldorf Airport. Nice restaurant and bar. Hotel price was good for a reasonable size room. The hotel is quite dated but still nice for transit pax.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Standard Double

So frustrating if you don't travel by a car. Didn't know where to find a free shuttle at the airport, so I had to walk from airport train station to the hotel at the middle of the night. At the side of the motorway. At complete darkness.

Very nice and clean hotel. Free shuttle to the airport.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Standard Double

Airport shuttle was a mess to figure out. Several members of the staff were straight up rude.

Decent value for money and they have airport transport. Room was clean.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• Standard Double

we had trouble with the room phone which made us miss our wake up call. The motel is really big so if you have 'walking' problems bring your own 'device'(no wheel chair).

good people that spoke many languages which for a hotel like this you really need. The pub and bar were actually pretty nice and a nice pool for Germany.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There was no pool or sauna facility as advertised which is why I booked it and paid the extra money. I stayed for 11days and they did not change my sheets they just came in and made the bed etc. The cleaning staff were very nice and Nadiya at reception.

The room is spacious, the free shuttle from the airport is handy and if you go to information at the airport they will call the driver for you. Holiday Inn let me stay in my room until 2pm free of charge. The location suited my needs.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Standard Double

The shuttle bus service was poor, had to wait half hour longer than expected both on the way there and back, the driver was very rude and could have helped me with the bags, I had a toddler and three heavy bags, had to carry and put in the trunk by myself. I only stayed for one night, but I was disappointed to find out the pool and sauna were closed for the whole festive period.

Loved the down blankets, super cosy and warm, there is a kettle in the room, the room itself is large and lovely.

Browse Leonardo Hotel Düsseldorf Airport Ratingen traveller photo gallery