Reviews of IntercityHotel Düsseldorf 4 stars

Graf-Adolf-Str. 81-87, Friedrichstadt, 40210 Düsseldorf, Germany

#121 of 197 hotels in Düsseldorf

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bar was not always open in the evenings.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean and quite spacious room with a very comfortable bed. Enough storage space for my 8 day stay. I enjoyed the buffet breakfast. A short walk to the main station and there is a tram stop outside the hotel. The room card gives almost unlimited 2nd class travel throughout the Ruhr by all forms of public transport. I used it extensively. Hope to return to this hotel next year.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

air con did not work at all had about 2 hours sleep on the first night there due to being to hot...open window which is 15ft from a tram line that litrally shakes the room. Phone didnt work in room , when asked staff about air con got told we dont have fans so you will have to put up with it. dont stay here for work honestly you will regret it.

not alot to be honest

• Standard Single Room

The staff at the reception wasn't very friendly and not always helpful . The shower door in my bathroom was falling apart, and even after i asked to fix it and they "fixed it", it fell apart again right away. Plus, one woman at the reception was nervous and mad on my check out day, which left me with general bad impression. The single room is extremely small, the mini bar is poor and the fridge is not good (not cooling drinks and i assume awful for keeping food there), also there is no tea or coffee or still water at the room (which for German hotels is a common thing, but still sad)

Location is ok - near the Hauptbahnhof, on a big street, so you can get anywhere from the hotel and it's easy not to get lost even without a map. The breakfast was nice, especially if you are there for 2-3 days on a business trip

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast seems to be a bit too expensive. I would recommend to book accommodation without breakfast, and then simply take one in the morning and pay later at the check-out. Our room was facing the street, so some noise could be disturbing, but we didn't have any problems with it. We even had our windows open all night long. To be honest, no major disadvantages are experienced with this hotel.

InterCity hotel chain has not failed to exceed my expectations once again! I always take InterCity in any town in Germany, if there is one. Hotel's premises are nice, clean and comfortable. The staff is always happy to assist. I've never had any problems with this chain at all. The location is great, since you're just a few steps away from the Central Train Station, and a tram stop is literally in front of the hotel's main entrance (but you don't really need a tram to reach the Central Train Station). Great bonus is a VRR area free ticket, offering usage of many means of transportation for free (like Tram, U-Bahn, RE-Bahn, S-Bahn, Bus...). The area covers urban area from Dortmund through Mönchengladbach.

• Standard Single Room

Very small room, like a wardrobe, for that price which was considerably high. Some fan or electrical engine making consistent noice all night.

Great location, close to train station. Friendly staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Had to wait around 40 min till our roum was ready (we arrived around 1500). More people were annoyed about this. Breakfast is rather expensive, however room prices are good! During christmas time is finding a parking spot hard, the website says private parking but we just were sent to parking garages!! Not what we expected

Clean rooms, neat hotel. Personell was nice. You get public transport tickets.

• Business Double Room

I booked a family room for three people and what I got was one small double bed. I spoke to the receptionist, who could only offer me 2 separate rooms on separate floors. Which was terrible as my 2 little girls had to spend the night alone...

The Staff were very helpful

• Standard Double or Twin Room

4 minutes away from the train station, had a bar downstairs, 24/7 reception, very clean facilities, helpful staff (organised for us to stay another night, never bothered us when we had the 'don't disturb' sign on the door), free transportation during our stay (and the whole day after check-out), very comfortable bed, minibar in the room, no noise from the street (we stayed as a couple in the business room with the view to the courtyard)

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Cleaning was average and we didn't get re-stocked in bathroom or coffee/tea each day. Small room and bathroom. Wifi was average and not particularly strong

Good location near HBF for travel to Cologne or anywhere else by train. Facilities were fair enough for the price and not too far distance from the city centre or old town.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

TV screen in room too small. Room doesn't have a 4* hotel feeling to it; rather a 3*+ at best. Have stayed in this hotel more than once and the front desk is almost always understaffed.

Good breakfast. Free pass for public transport in the Ruhr region is a great bonus!

• Business Double Room

For a business room I would like to have the possiblities to cook a cup of coffee (Tea). Also to have some shampoo and body cream would be great. For TV freaks the TV is a bit small. However, this was not a problem for me and is not in my review.

The room is great and also quite quit. Good size of the room when you travel with plenty luggage.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The noise of people running in the hallways above our room was noticeable.

The location is close to the Düsseldorf HBF, within easy walking distance. It's clean and modern. We had a spacious room & the early check in was very helpful. The staff were lovely!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Bar wasn't open. Reception staff appeared uninterested.

Handy location when travelling by train; easy to find. Good breakfast, pleasant.room, staff friendly.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The location is good for easy access to the train station but otherwise in an area lacking a bit of charm.

The location is convenient if you will be travelling regularly from the train station. The staff were very pleasant and helpful even though it was extremely busy when we were staying.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

A very quiet room in a property less than five minutes' walk from the main station. The inclusion of a public transport ticket was a tangible bonus for us.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The street below the hotel was very loud all night. Parking for the hotel was very difficult to find.

Very close to public transportation and also received free public transportation card from the hotel

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Our room, on the third floor, overlooked a tram stop and it was really loud. Also, the entire neighborhood was pretty loud. We could not have proper rest..

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No kettle in the room for making tea. The breakfast was too expensive. As light eaters in the morning, we had to go to local cafe for coffee and a croissant.

Clean, comfortable room. A good location, close to transit. Very accommodating with our room request.

No oliven during breakfast:(

Hotel is very near to Haubtbahnhof. As it is first station you travel sitting.I asked for a special soup in the morning,they prepared:)

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Business Double Room

A cleaner knocked on my door at 8:30am both days (different guy each day). On the 2nd day, I asked him to return after I had checked out at 11am but I popped out for breakfast (around 9:30) and came back to find him in my room cleaning. He insisted on staying to clean the bathroom and huffed when I asked him to leave. Checkout was 12pm so I do not expect a cleaner waking me up at 8:30 nor do I expect him to let himself into my room when I have given clear instructions to not return before 11am! His attitude was appalling and has put me off staying in this hotel again!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Wifi kept disconnecting, Although its proximity to the train station is ideal it isn't an area you'd want to hang around. Almost the only area in Dusseldorf where I felt unsafe.

Perfect location for getting around

• Business Double Room

Could arrange for guest traveling long distance to check in before 2 pm. After a 10 hour flight arriving at 9 a.m I could only check in at 2pm even if I had inform hotel that I will be arriving early with 2 children.

Location and cleanliness. Easy access to all transport means plus free transport pass. Short walk from Dusseldorf hbf. Lots of eating places within walking distance. Kept your luggage before check in time and after check out.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms on the last floor has windows with overlooking the wall. So the value of the room we feel to salt.

The hotel is nice and is a good location. We recommend to use bonus card for the public transport. With the trams in front of the hotel leads quickly to the river, television tower and all the nice places for the town.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Internet is bad! Very badly! No safe in the room. The Room is very small. The pilows are bad too. Relation quality and price is not good. In fairs time the prices are not real, but is better Pay for an International hotel or other near Train central station

Breakfast very good kindness atention.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Standard Single Room

Very convenient location, quite near the railway station, and walk to the city centre. Meanwhile it provides the city pass that allows to take public transportation for free.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No tea/coffee facilities in my room. I knew this all along but it is nice to have the option.

Tidy room. Comfy. Check in was easy. Really handy to main train station

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There was not a parking which was very bad. We made a reservation in this hotel because there was an information that they have a parking, but this was not true. There was a public parking near the hotel, but it's paid. The receptionist who welcomed us was not kind. He looked boring and angry. Other facilities were not so bad.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The free wifi was very slow. You could purchase a decent level if you wanted. Housekeeping popped in at 8am.

Bed was very comfortable and room was quiet. Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

That I had to pay for the room before I got in. Even if my card bounced just reserve the cost on another card and no need to assume a customer won't pay!

Rheinpass which simplifies your public transport travel cost in the area. Room were big and correctly priced in a good location.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Business Double Room

One of their front desk ladies seemed really serious and cold when i checked-in, I didnt even care about her name because I wanted to get away from her ASAP. The night we arrived we got a business suite, which is a big room on 2nd floor but facing the street, there are tram stops right outside the windows, I could feel and hear the trams' every movement, so I had a really bad night. Next morning boyfriend asked for a quiet room and we did get one on the total opposite side of the hotel, facing residence apartments, with some sunshine~ But the night didnt end up well since right after we came back from dinner I found a big bug on my bed, and it turned out to be a bedbug! Immediately called the front desk and boyfriend caught the bug and brought it to reception staff, we then got another clean room from reception since they knew well enough what it is in that glass.... The other downside was my friends had the same problem with noise from the tram, but reception told them there was no more room available -- after we changed to our 2nd room, and later that night the reception guy offered a room to a walk-in guest plus we got another room after we found the bedbug. Not being honest to their guests makes my friends feel they were treated without respect.

Location is good, less than 5 min walk to central station of Dusseldorf and there are different restaurants around to choose from; you can go to shopping areas by foot or by public transportation from central station; Hotel offers free public transportation card for guests; There is water cooker and complimentary tea/coffee in all our rooms we had but apparently not offered in every hotel room; bed is comfortable and supportive -- I cannot stand very soft bed, unfortunately the pillow is too soft..Hotel offers quite a wide range of international tv channels, not just German programs. In general it's a pretty good hotel for short city break, it offers all the basic things you need, and they give free city tickets in all their hotels in Europe, very convenient and thoughtful for guests who love using public transportation.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Business Double Room

A little bit noisy; spider in the room; the internet was extremely slow; the price is too high for such a hotel

Good location; nice personnel; free transport in the city

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Standard Single Room

the worst hotel of germany. thats very expendive and the rooam is not clean. when you compain that to reception they behaive very bad to clients. thats really disgusting hotel

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The tram goes under windows, some noice from there, but nothing serious. Oldish interior, but not broken anyway.

Location, short walk to train station, short walk to shopping, good connections to messe area, etc. Not the most attractive surroundings, but the hotel was in decent shape, regular restaurant.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The wifi signal was a bit weak

The location of the place is very convenient as it is just a few meters away from the Central Station. The staff was very professional, attentive and helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room service came very early at Morning to knock on the door for cleaning.. If I remember it was about 7:50 o´clock.. Room was pretty expensive..

Location, easy to go for breakfast, taxi always available, easy to check-out and easy to check-in..

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Booking was for twin beds, but room was a double. However that was quickly rectified.

All as expected in an Intercity. As a rail user situation was ideal. Breakfast always excellent.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I booked a room with a double bed for two people, but was mislead by the Booking.com interface and ended up with a single person accommodation. So I had to pay extra at the arrival. Double check your booking!

Extremely good location for those who travel to Colongne and around the region!

quite

good location

Close to train station.

• Business Double Room

Price was a bit too high for this level of the hotel.

Room was clean, and of good size. Staff at the reception was very friendly and polite.

• Standard Single Room

A kettle should be provided in the room

Proximity to shopping mall and train station

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Incorrect room booking. Finally sorted but staff reluctant and unfriendly.

Hospitality, service, hygene

Bad value breakfast

Generous size room and good location in town

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel does not offers parking.

Breakfast was good.

• Standard Single Room

Nice and clean, grate breakfast and personal

Very old toilets

Geen commentaar

De ligging en entourage.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The extra fee for having faster internet. You don't expect that from a 4 star hotel.

Good location. Very friendly staff

mattresses were a bit on the bouncy side for me but would still return

warm, efficient and friendly welcome. Nothing was too much trouble

• Business Double Room

Location and friendly staff specially Mr najeeb

nothing special.

Close to the central station. It takes approximetely 5 min on foot.

• Business Double Room

Problem with bed for child

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The lady at the reception was very friendly and giving us useful information.

• Business Double Room

No heater, no kettle,thin towels

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Friendly staff, very good location - near the main station, good breakfast, free tickets for public transport.

• Standard Single Room

Room had been smoked in. Bed linen not warm enough for 0 degrees outside!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Good location and close to Dus HBF by foot.

Friendly staff & excellebt location

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No tea making facilities in the room

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was nicely located, staff was helpful, room was well prepared for check in

Staff unfriendly

Location near train station

Friendly and comfortable.

No laundry services; limited breakfast buffet; small room

Location; walking distance from Dusseldorf HBF Just ok for a night stay

TA KREVATIA

MONO TO PROINO

Lobby

Nice size room

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No tea and coffee making facilities in the room.

Free travel pass.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

internet connection a little bit slow

Good breakfast, clean room, location very close to the station

• Standard Single Room

Breakfast a bit disappointing.

Well situated

Gloomy lobby

Location is convenient. Walkable from Dusseldorf central railway station

• Standard Single Room

speedy wifi was not free of charge the room was too dark for the PC use

breakfast, big room, location