Reviews of Leonardo Hotel Düsseldorf City Center This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Ludwig-Erhard-Allee 3, Oberbilk, 40227 Düsseldorf, Germany

#39 of 197 hotels in Düsseldorf

Room was comfortable, however, I would not say it was a 4* and I would not stay again

Area

Night manager was not very pleasant we told him we had issues with our AC and he told us it was not possible, he came up to our room said it was fine....... we had a very uncomfortable evening. Parking is 21 Euro a night! Expensive. The space was pretty small so a large car would be a serious challenge to fit there and very limited spaces. Locations while close to the train - it is very sketchy if you go the other direction and to the left, which is where the front desk sent us for dinner the first night - go to the train and through it, it will be closer and there are better areas to eat.

Clean and quite spacious.

Location not close to the city-center as advertised. Old town is about +20’ fast walking distance and that only if you cross the main train station.

Clean and quite spacious. Breakfast standard for its category but nothing special -more likely boring.

verybad staff
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The staff could have been a bit more friendly ... the parking very very bad ! I have been to more than 200 hotels around the world I have never found worse than this staff ( i dont know his name ( he is from Morocco ) ,, He spoke very badly and finally told me he had problems !! Microsoft not recommend coming to this hotel especially in the evening To meet this bad staff .. ( at morning was very good staff )

location is ok !

Super friendly and polite staff.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Super friendly and polite staff. There was one young guy at the reception he helped me a lot with all I need,directions, information, and recommendation for my stay. Even when i ask for pharmacy he gave me some emergency plasters for free. The accommodation is fair, but at the end it comes to people and attitude and by this issue they are top!!!

Great hotel but service at breakfast very very poor

No boiled eggs at breakfast. Advised staff and they said 2 minutes. Got rest of breakfast. 25 minutes later still no eggs. Had already eaten rest of breakfast. Had to ask for milk, no hot water in machine and no spoons. Very very disorganised

Room very comfortable

Family traveller

nothing to be honest

everything from the cleanliness to the politeness of the staff and they assistance with all the matters. Was a very nice and memorable experience in Dusseldorf.

aircon, cleanness of the room, quietude of the room, good to...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

the door lock was not sensitive to my card so I had to required the staff to come over to check. basement parking space is confusing as I got lost inside not knowing how to get out, and the clerk forgot to open the gate for me when I was picking up my car.

aircon, cleanness of the room, quietude of the room, good to have tea bags, coffee bags and free water bottles.

Everything, really!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Everything, really! Staffs were really friendly (and a bit crazy xD in a fun way) to us. Our room was very neat and clean. It's literally 5 minutes away from the main station. I needed a short escape before taking the train back home, and this hotel was a great choice.

Location staff clean quiet
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Super friendly staff Many folks looking to make stay perfect!

They gave me upgraded room because I was exhausted on garden side of building no possibility of traffic noise

Comfortable hotel close to main station

Nothing I didn't like.

Big room, location close to the station, bed was very comfortable and amazing breakfast buffet including fresh orange juice. If coming back to Duesseldorf, I would definitely go back to this hotel. Totally exceed the expectations and price worthy.

Conveniently located near the central station
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

There was a strange and unpleasant smell in the corridor (sewer odor?). Some buttons in the elevator are broken. These small flaws could be easily fixed; but as long as they are not, they do make a bad impression because it's the first thing [after reception desk] you see as you enter the hotel.

Very spacious room and wardrobe. Instant Coffee and teabag in the room. The cleaning lady was very polite. I had to check out 1 hour later than usual and it went smoothly, they were quite cooperative. Regarding public transport, the location is ideal. But beware of junkies/alcoholics/purse thieves!

Good for access to Hauptbanhof
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Being located at the rear of the main station means that it is quite a distance to the Old Town attractions.

Very convenient for Main railway station.Very comfortable hotel which often offers rooms at good prices .

Pleasant stay, great for after a long day of travelling especially when arriving by train.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I think the furniture could use a bit of an update. Everything was functional, but the furniture in the rooms just did not look very modern.

The employees of the reception were very nice to me and promptly handled my requests. The room was comfortable and the bathtub very welcome after a long day of travelling.

Robs thoughts
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Room was on 2nd floor but down stairs from the lift. Room could have been bigger and less dated

Location was very close to the train station and staff were very accomodating and helpful.

Great for arrival and departure at central station.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Great for arrival and departure at central station. Nice walk to old town then taxis back at night. Perfect to leave the busy city centre and come back to a quiet room.

Best price and amazing facilities
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Air vent in the bathroom cannot be closed and is annoying at night.

Loved everything! The room was so big, clean, nice and cosy. Loved the Sauna and the Gym. Will always search for Leonardo hotels wherever I go.

ok but the price too high and it does not deserve 4 stars (see above plse)
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

the location is a bit shabby--close to station. the 1st room smelled like smoke and one could not open the windows so i changed. 2nd room: the towels smelled like smoke, too! but at least one could open the windows... thw building ( back) was shabby looking--flaking paint etc. breakfast was very good! staff helpful re the room change

good location
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

to get to my room, I couldn’t find my room number after got out of the elevator. So I walked around a little bit then found that I have to go down stairs to my room, so it was a little bit confusion.

good location

Simply Quality !
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

This is my fourth stay at this hotel so something must be right!!Proximity to the main station a few minutes walk away makes arrivals and departures very easy .Also most of the important features of the town are all very near .

3 Days in Düsseldorf
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The air conditioner system and the WIFI works poorly, if at all Wifi needs to be seriously upgraded if you want happy business travellers. It keeps cutting out and can’t handle larger file transfers at all 😬. The AC is loud and ineffective

Conveniently located by the Hauptbannhof train station, yet on a QUIET side street

I'll definitely come back.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I chose this hotel for a Sauna but there wasn't enough information about it, to read or what to be careful etc. (Maybe I haven't found it.) In the morning I tried the Sauna and the gym but I felt a little awkward to be alone in a Sauna and with male-staff working in the Gym and the hole way. So i left after 10min. But no big problem anyhow the facility was great. I would be happier to know just beforehand.

I loved overall aspect of a clean hotel with quietness, great access to the staion, good restaurants nearby, very friendly and helpful staff, flexible check-out time, Sauna and Gym.. etc.

Hygiene and cleaning should be taken seriously.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

There were couple of man hair inside the bedsheets and I had to clean them. I also saw some man hair on the night stand. (It's like body hair not hair hair). It's unacceptable for me as it's very unhygienic, I was quite disqusted by it. The bedsheets looked clean however the cleaners should have seen those hair when they were making the beds.

The location of the hotel is on quiet side of the train...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The location of the hotel is on quiet side of the train station. Very close. 5 minutes walking distance from HBF. Very convenient and safe to go to station at any odd hours. Very friendly and approachable staff. I would surely stay here again. Although I didn't have to use their breakfast or bar area, the place was busy in evening and the facility looked well taken care of and busy.

Great value, great staff!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

It is a bit far out from the aldstadt, but there are good underground and tram connections just down the road at the central station. Very good value for money.

Staff were very welcoming. We were given a twin room but wanted a double, they changed it for us straight away without any hassle.

Excellent location - close to station and city centre.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Overnight stay before leaving by plane the next morning. Close to railway station (but not noisy) and easy walking distance to city centre where I had dinner with friends. Easy to walk to main station to get train to airport. Much nicer than the only other Leonardo Hotel I've stayed in.

Good stay in this hotel. Will recommend to my friends and family when they visit Duesseldorf
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

If there is freshly made omelette in breakfast section, it would be great. And the lamp near the window would suddenly turn off after turning on for a while. And turn on again.

The bed is good. Staff are nice and helpful with lots of smile. Willing to help and provide service. Slippers could be provided on request. Nice to have that when I forget to bring it.

Gone fast.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Reception staff was not helpfull Air conditioning was not working at night Free Parking was not available

Great location which was close to train central station of dusseldorf.

Friendly staff in a comfortable hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

new matresses would make the stay even more comfortable

super friendly staff (reception & bar); very comfortable and spacious room; perfect location for exploring the city and in case one travels by train (5 min walk to Düsseldorf Main Station)

Good hotel with excellent location
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Convenient location close to the train station. Very helpful people in the reception, I was able to check in before actual check-in time, even if I didn't expect it. The room was spacious, clean and quiet.

Enjoyed our stay. They must please provide for more tea and coffee refreshments.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

We didn’t like the single bed duvet sets in a queen size bed. We didn’t know how to deal with that as a married couple.

Great staff. Great location Really loved the idea of an extra bed because we were there to visit our son who is on an exchange program. The 2 days we spent with him was priceless.

It worked out very well.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

My check-in was delayed by 15 minutes, but the staff made up for it by giving me high-speed wifi and coupons for free drinks.

The room was large and comfortable.

Good place if worn down 80`s style furniture and carpets are your thing.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Rooms sort of run down and need a serious refurbishment. Needed to push the hotel to actually provide me with the double room which I booked since first they tried to locate me in a single.

Good, convenient hotel, does what it needs to do.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The hotel did what is said on the tin but lacked something special that could have easily come from little things like staff knowing a bit about the area, offering up tips like how to walk / get a metro into town etc. Nothing wrong with the hotel or staff. I would stay again if I needed a convenient place that covered the basics well.

Good functional hotel for a short stop over. Great value for money, a long ish walk from the town...but there is probably a metro that could have got me there and back faster.

Nice friendly multinational staff.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Small parking space, difficult to handle long vehicles.

Nice friendly multinational staff. Enjoyed the breakfast and quietness, even though it's only 200 metres away the Hbf.

cheap stay
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

some seemingly arrogant/unwelcoming staffs; the desk and wardrobe have big cracks in the room I stayed at; towels got changed regardless of hanging them on the rack - not aligned with the hotel messages posted on the bathroom.

quite cheap - you got what you paid for, but I would pay a bit more for more pleasant experiences and service elsewhere when I visit Düsseldorf again

Close to the train station yet very tranquil, great...

We had a bit of trouble with the check-out invoice as my colleague mistakenly paid for his room when it had to be done with the company card, so we had to ask for refund but the employee initially said 'no' without much reasoning. So i had to ask again firmly and it was done with quite a hassle. I hope the staff was more savy-flexible and cooperative.

Close to the train station yet very tranquil, great breakfast, spacious rooms and some friendly check-in staff

Good for a business overnight stay close to the train and excellent value.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning/heating system was not quite as effective as it could be and a bit dated.

The room was neat and clean. As was the bathroom. The hotel is located very well for train travelers. And there is a train from the airport.

Great place to stay highly recommended. Would definitely book again here when in the city.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Wireless connection could be improved . ( We are in Germany after all not in the Middle east or Africa).

Centrally located , only few minutes walk from Hbf , comfi bed and good breakfast, welcoming and helpful staff ( provide us with valuable recommendations regarding the Carnaval in addition to nice places for dinner out and having fun) .

Not as nice as on the pictures
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

- outdated furniture, bathroom - pictures of rooms and the hotel look much better than the reality - it is misleading - WC was smelling bad - air co was very noisy - pillows should be changed ( to flat and the filling was uneven) - parking was in the public garage (I would not feel safe to park there alone at night)

- friendly receptionists

Comfortable , modern, central hotel close to rail station...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Check in staff - not particularly friendly/welcoming. This hotel does not provide basic tourist information bar a map which was incomplete. No tourist info in the room or lobby. No information about transport eg airport etc. key card to room didn't work in numerous times so had to ask staff to change it on at least 5'occasions. No apologies but card switched over. Breakfast over priced at 20 euros.

Comfortable , modern, central hotel close to rail station and main shopping/tourist sites. Room clean and bed comfy. Tea/ coffee facilities in room though paper cups so poor for a 4'star.

Absolutely perfect for my needs.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

My only negative thought was at times hearing guests in the hallway and the closing of doors. Totally minor and it would not put me off staying there again.

The location for me was excellent as I arrived and departed from the Bahnhoff. The staff members on both my arrival and departure were very helpful and friendly. I would never hesitate to use this property again.

Good hotel with perfect location and nice personal.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The gym and the internet conection is the disapointing parts of the hotel.

Very service oriented personal! I had first a room where it was impossible to open windows and was to warm. So after talking to reception i got an upgrade to a 2 room facility with balcony! The area is quite boring with little service around but central station is close and easy to access from the hotel. The "gym" is very small with 4 running and cykling machines no more.

Free WiFi was good quality and allowed for streaming video.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

There were no available outlets for charging laptops and phones. Even at the workstation, the lamp used the only outlet, so the TV had to be unplugged in order for my devices to charge

Free WiFi was good quality and allowed for streaming video.

Very good choice.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Very good choice. Good location, metro station 5 minutes of walk. Easy to go to the center of the city. Nice breakfast, including fresh fruits. Staff great. Rooms clean and comfortable.

Great place if you travel for business (in my opinion).
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I was just expecting to get a different room with one bed and blue wall. I would say that the room might need some renovation. Also there is no central heating and the air conditioner will not provide you with enough heat. So make sure to request additional heater if you're as sensitive to cold as me. Also if you turn on the heater and the kettle at the same time electricity plug might jump and only reception staff can help you turning the electricity back on.

We got a big room with two double beds. Which was funny, because it was just two of us. Very close to the central station which is very convenient if you need to go anywhere around Dusseldorf. The staff was very nice and kind.

Nice place to stay but far from the city centre attractions
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was expensive at €20, so we didn't try it. The hotel and station are a long walk away from the main areas of the city centre - at least 20-30 mins walk to find good restaurants and bars. Best for short trips staying near the station. The walk from the station to the hotel is short but very dirty and a bit unpleasant.

Pleasant, good value, and well located for the station. Quiet rooms. The sauna area was a particular treat.

Staff were nice.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was below average, lots of cheese and meats looked like they have been out for a few days.

Staff were nice. Good location if you need to be at the train station.

Very close to main central station.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

No night room service. Staff not having updated info about city.

Very close to main central station. We had only overnight stay, but wouldn't mind longer stay. Spacious, clean room. Good value for the price. Fast check in, check out.

Great hotel - spent New Year here with some friends and the...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

It was a little bit hard to find the first time, but fine once we knew where we were going.

Great hotel - spent New Year here with some friends and the staff were really friendly. Very clean rooms and enjoyable stay.

Actually, we booked 2 double rooms - one room for 2 people,...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Actually, we booked 2 double rooms - one room for 2 people, and one room for one person. Reservation said that both rooms should have two beds. However, the room for one person was much older and smaller, had only one bed. So, if double room is good and quite modern, single room was not according to the expectation and not even reservation.

Fake parking !
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I'm really dissapointed because of the parking.It was full and I had to park my car in other parking and to pay.I book this hotel because of the parking but unfortunatelly .....

nice hotel!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

noisy air-condition + no other way to heat the room than through the air-condition (a bit of "problem" in Winter ;-), at breakfast available "clean" dishes/cups were actually often dirty / not properly washed (seems to be a recurring problem here)

good breakfast buffet, nice bathroom, spacious room, very good room cleaning (!), on-site parking (if available), plethora of free hotel gifts

Great hotel on great location
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Perhaps this: to access the shower you have to step into the badtub which is not very easy for elderly people.

Spacious and tidy room. Fantastic location. Super American breakfast.

Great value hotel. Recommended.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The location could have been a little closer to the main streets but you can’t beat how convieniently close it was to the central station

Great value for money - we even got upgraded to a suite which was very nice! The staff were wonderfully helpful and accommodating.

Hotel is close to central station and about 2 km walk from...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The coffee. What a disaster. One machine to serve the whole breafast room. 5 + cues and when you finally got a cup you discovered it was half cold and tasteless.

Hotel is close to central station and about 2 km walk from the old city. Staff were friendly and helpful. Buffet breakfast was varied and consistently stocked up. 4 stars ? 3 + at best.

For a weekend trip it was good enough, only would have like to see more friendly staff.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Information regarding the hotel that was provided in the room was not up to date. The staff was not very friendly or helpful. The phone in the room was not working which resulted in poor service as well.

The rooms were nice and spaceous. Breakfast was quite good, but wouldn’t pay 20€ for it.

Very friendly staff and great location.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Although all the rooms were having non-smoking sign on my floor, the hallway to the room was smelling like someone just smoked there. The air conditioner was noisy.

Very friendly staff and great location. The room is comfortable and big enough.

Great value, great location. Great stay
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Only very picky concern is having two single blankets for a double bed rather than one double blanket. Hardly a massive issue though and im sure they'd have provided one if we asked. Just wasnt a big enough deal to trouble the staff with. No real concerns or dislikes at all

Great location. 2 minute walk to the main train station which placed you just a 4 minute train ride into the old town. Regular trains to and from the main station made travelling exceptionally easy. Room was clean, spacious and comfy. Great powerful, warm shower. Also had German Sky TV in the room which was great for watching the bundesliga while getting to go out

Basic but great location to public transport.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The pillow is too soft and not fluff is like been used for ages. Bed is bit hard.

location is its best! 2mins away from dusseldorf HBF central station. You cant be lost!. easy access. straight forward hotel.

Great location, close to the public transportation.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Hotel doesn't have enough capacity to allow parking, they direct guests to the other parking location which is 10 min. distance from the hotel.

Great location, close to the public transportation.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Would not recommend this hotel, a big thumbs down

Phoned hotel before arriving, was informed of a free shuttle service from Cologne airport, NO SUCH THING??, although hotel near train station because my partner has trouble walking we had to pay €100 for taxi which we were informed by the hotel staff would cost €70 !!! ... Breakfast cost ridiculous (€20) , internet NOT free as does not work & even paying an extra €19 was still not working without re-applying password daily.

good housekeeping, cleaners pleasant

Our second visit to this excellent hotel proved to be even better than the first.

Nothing it was great.

The room was spacious and very comfortable. The staff are very good and welcoming. The breakfast was excellent.The location near to the main railway station was ideal. Using the underground train was great only a short trip into the city centre and old town.

Excellent stay in a comfortable stay close to the station
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Excellent breakfast with plenty of selection. Friendly staff. Very clean and comfortable. Good central location located very close to the main railway station.

The staff at the cafeteria service was really attentionate...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The staff at the reception wasn´t always friendly and cards failed to work twice.. (one straight after getting it from reception)

The staff at the cafeteria service was really attentionate and friendly. The beds are very comfortable.

Lovely small hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The location was good for the trains (next to the station) but if you want to be a little more central to the town, perhaps find elsewhere. It was perfect for me though.

Staff were excellent. Very friendly.

Clean comfortable hotel ideal for station, airport and City centre
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

This is the second time I've booked this hotel on a 'free cancellation' basis via Booking.com only to find that my card has been charged for the full amount a couple of weeks later. Not sure if this is down to the hotel or Booking.com themselves but if Free Cancellation up to the day of arrival is not available then don't advertise it. I would be very wary about booking this hotel in future if I didn't know my exact numbers as you could easily be left having to pay for an extra room you don't need.

This is the third time we've stayed at the Leonardo now and it has become our hotel of choice when visiting Dusseldorf. Very close to the train station and 30 minutes door to door from the airport. The Alstadt is walkable within 20-30 minutes too. Being the opposite side of the station to the City centre makes this hotel quieter and it's usually one of the cheapest (although you do have to book well in advance). Love the fact that the twin rooms have two double beds in them (the rooms are massive) and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

overpriced
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Changed room was slightly larger and the bed was more comfortable, but still a small and fairly outdated room for what you pay. Never before have I paid that much for a room and got so little in return

Initially I got an old, very small room with terrible bed. Receptionist switched room for me even though they said they were fully booked

I had requested for a double bed way back through my reservation
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The single beds so uncomfortable i wanted one doubl bed to cuddle with my husband . The female staff member on reception was rude ☺️☺️ The mini was empty beer is cheap in Germany ☺️you could at list put 2 cans of beer in the fridge

clean & quite
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Located behind the central train station, 2-3 minutes of walking. Though walking there late at night may not be so comfortable. A clean and quite hotel with reasonable rate. Hotel people are nice and helpful.

Will not consider any Leonardo Hotel in future.....
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

My room was very loud, towels weren't exchanged and appearant free of charge toiletries weren"t provided on 2 of 3 nights.....in addition I was shown no good will by the hotel or even hotel group when asking for cancellation or amendment of a near future booking as I have to attend a funeral on reservation date......hotel simply said "not possible" and charged me for full amount......I will not consider any Leonardo Hotel in the future......

Close proximity to transport and city

Clean and centrally located, but nothing fancy.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The room did not look anything like the photos in the description. There were no power sockets near the bed to charge a phone.

Very conveniently located next to main station

Would not stay again

Almost everything, wouldn't stay again. Its rundown and just generally not very nice. Ordered breakfast to my room and the order was completely wrong and what i did get was pretty inedable. Paper cups to make coffee is something ive never seen in a hotel room before and hope i don't again. I would have mentioned the breakfast on check out if id been asked how my stay was. Doesn't at all seem like a four star hotel.

It was clean

Pictures not how the rooms are
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The pictures of the rooms and reality are far apart. The hotel is dated and the rooms have an old smell. Also 20 euro for breakfast per person is excessive for what it is

Excellent option to stay in Dusseldorf both for business and city tour.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Pillows might be more comfortable

The hotel is located very close to the central railway station (but the area is very clean and quiet), just 5 minutes walking. The train (S-bahn) from the Dusseldorf airport is about 15 min. Room was comfortable and clean; a bit noisy with an open window, but fine with AC. Personnel is very supportive and friendly. Excellent option to stay in Dusseldorf both for business and city tour.

Positive experience
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Breakfast a bit limited. Not in the center of the city.

Close to central station. Good sized room. Clean and new looking rooms and facility. Nice reminders of clock changing all over the place.

Browse Leonardo Hotel Düsseldorf City Center traveller photo gallery