Reviews of Aurbacher Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Aurbacher Strasse 5, Au-Haidhausen, 81541 Munich, Germany

#257 of 365 hotels in Munich

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Very good breakfast.

Room was very small and basic for a double room. Price was high but part of that could have been because Oktoberfest was in progress.

Very good breakfast. Good Staff. Location was quiet but still close to bus and subway. Property was clean.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Location is good

- There was a hot water problem - The Internet (Wifi) is of bad quality - The rooms including the bathroom are very old. I am seriously wondering where this 3 stars come from.

Location is good

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Hotel Aurbacher

The internet was unpredictable, which made organizing the trip difficult, but not impossible.

The manager that was at the reception desk was so friendly and polite. He was really welcoming and hospitable.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Nice stay

The room is a bit small, but changes can not be made on this point. Mattress and pillow could be a little more comfortable.

Very kind and helpful staff. Room and bathroom clean. Quiet hotel, in a nice neighborhood near the centre and close enough to the metro. Good continental breakfast.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Well located.

Clear humidity and fungus problems in the bathroom because there's no ventilation. Rooms could be cleaner and are quite small.

Well located. In-house parking not too expensive. Good wifi. Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Breakfast is really rich, lots of stuff you can choose from.

door closed after 10 or 11pm (not sure, as arrived after 11pm). need to call by phone and wait to get in. Bed is tiny. Minibar removed. And you can hear people in the hall walking when in your room.

Breakfast is really rich, lots of stuff you can choose from. And it was the cheapest option for 1 day stay during Oktoberfest.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Great location - Great Place!

There was no safe in the room which in my view is important as it gives you peace of mind your passport etc are safe. There wasn't much else we could fault.

Check in was very easy and it was great to be able to dumb our bags in our room (even though is wasn't ready) and head out to explore. Breakfast was really nice, the breakfast room was lovely and inviting. Great location!

Clean room, super helpful staff, great location

Some facilities didn't work - table lamp, shower ceiling light; Room sometimes gets a little hot and stuffy because the window can only open slightly due to its design. Also, it would be great if a mini-fridge is added to the room. For long-term stays, it would be particularly useful as the tenant would be able to store milk, yogurt, fruit, etc.

WIFI is fast and stable. Room, though a bit smaller than what I imagined, is very clean and tidy. Staff is very polite and helpful, and is happy to go the extra mile to make my stay more comfortable (e.g. expedited room cleaning when I arrived too early for check-in, helped print my boarding passes, etc). Location is good, with nearby public transport stops (S-Bahn, Bus, Tram) that connects to the rest of the city. It is also walking distance (20 min) to the city centre.

The hotel is well-connected by trams to S-bahn, which goes...

A little hot in the room, so I had to open the window in the evening.

The hotel is well-connected by trams to S-bahn, which goes to city center, central station and Munich east train station. The room and the bathroom is very clean and quiet. Wifi works well. It was a pleasant stay.

A nice, convenient and affordable hotel in Munich

Actually, I have just minor disappointments. For example, my room description mentioned a little fridge which was not there. As I said, not really a problem for me.

They are very efficient and friendly. The bedroom is clean, spacious and comfortable. It has a very good cost-benefit value. And you can walk to city center if you want - it is not close, but you can do that and enjoy the city.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

For business travel I only really care it was close to my work and has a comfortable bed

Quite comfortable bed. I could check in before 14 hours. There was as heater in the Bathroom, which was very convenient now that it started getting chilly in Munich.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Comfy in a nice, safe neighborhood

The deco is bit outdated, but comfy. Nice garden.

Good bus connection to city centre (line 58 and 68), and within the walking distance from Tonhalle, as we were in Munich for a concert. Staff member extremly helpful and polite, he checked us in after regular hours. Other guests mostly pensioners and a few couples, polite. Great neighbourhood too, safe and there is a market and a restaurant nearby.

Clean.

Quite strange place to stay in. If you pay cash, be sure you save a receipt otherwise you'll be charged twice. For all the explanations that you've made a payment, you will receive a clear "no". Lucky if you save the receipt and in this case they say only "ok". Then if you forgot something in your room firstly the staff will answer you by phone there is no problem to send it to you, after you provide the details they replied "come to Munich to pick up your stuff", without any explanation. NB: by phone we agreed they couldn't send it to Berlin in the nearest 2 days (duration of my stay here) so will send to Moscow. No idea about refusal reason. Then I send another address, close to Germany and also they were keeping silence. After that I contacted booking.com to get my things back and after my first call to booking the hotel promised to send and didn't, so after another week of waiting I asked booking.com to know what's going on and only after that my parcel was sent. Finally I got my stuff after more then a month. I sincerely believe that from any situation a delicate way out can be found, but this does not apply to this hotel. Never will come back to this place.

Clean.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Pleasant stay in munich

The matrasses were a bit to soft. Because it was so hot in Munich airconditioning would have been very welcome.

The hotel is very central, has a nice garden in the back, where you can have breakfast , has a nice atmosphere.

Parking was easy (compared to other Bavarian hotels),...

Room had no AC, no fan, since it was really hot during our stay, in the room it was around 40C by the time we get back in the evenings, it felt like a sauna. The bed was too small. The mini fridge was not able to cool down one bottle of water during a whole night, but it generated extra heat in the room. The street is really noisy in the morning (with windows open it'll wake you up). Wifi is basically a joke, you have to ask for the code from the reception. In the room we get signal only next to the door (literally, we had to stand in the door just get signal), once we get the signal the speed was so slow we could not use it.

Parking was easy (compared to other Bavarian hotels), 15EUR/night in the hotel own garage. Supermarkets, caffes are nearby.

A decent hotel. No more, no less

The communication amongst staff was poor. I had some laundry to do. But when it was due to be returned it was not. I had to ask around for what had happened. There had been no handovers between staff apart from messages on scraps of paper. The dining room is lovely but the food, in the heat and with lots of flies attracted, was uncovered.

Nice location in leafy part of the city. Some staff were very good and tried to helpful. The others were not.

Great value for money

The room didn't have a frige Breakfast was a little overpriced

*The staff were very helpful *The room was clean *The location was quiet and cozy... a little far from city center but easily accessible... 25 minutes walk to the city center in a beautiful path. I didn't expect this room by this price

Hotel made our stay in Munich enjoyable.

Room was extremely small for 2 people. The window faced the afternoon sun and the room was very hot - difficult to open the window when the curtains were drawn to keep the sun out! Refrigerator was not turned on, and we had to use the one available power point for our charger.

Easy check in. Reasonably close to S-Bahn and buses.

Check-in was easy, there was an issue with the first room...

The room gets very stuffy & hot without air conditioning. Luckily it wasn’t too hot when I was there, but can imagine it getting very uncomfortable when it’s very hot. They leave a small bottle of water in your room, but then want to charge you 2.90 euros for it when it’s only like 50 or 60 cents at the supermarket around the corner.

Check-in was easy, there was an issue with the first room that was allocated to me and they swapped it out for another room with no problems, clean & neat room and bathroom. Location wise it’s a 10min walk to nearest S-bahn station and then only 2 stops to the main square. Or you can walk - took me about 25min and it’s a very enjoyable walk. The neighborhood is nice & quiet and there’s a supermarket just around the corner.

We arrived 40 minutes past the check in time (22:00) due to...

We arrived 40 minutes past the check in time (22:00) due to train delays. The reception was closed and we couldn’t get in (!!) but to our relief, there was clear instructions posted on the door on what to do. We called the number and hotel staff promptly answered and told us how to get in. It was raining heavily so we were really grateful that our booking didn’t just get automatically cancelled. The room was clean and comfortable as well as the bathroom. The breakfast was great! They serve coffee or tea as you order and the juices were cold! Good variety of hams, cheese, bread, fruits and others. Location was convenient and in a quiet neighborhood, around 10-15 minutes walk from the Rosenheimer Platz Station, which is just one 30min train ride to the airport.

Nice staff.

It was a bit of a walk from the centre of town- but a lovely walk if you went by the river! I had a late check in and then when I got to my room for some reason I didn't have any towels, so I had to call reception and wait for half an hour which meant it was very late before I could actually go to bed.

Nice staff. Clean hotel, comfortable bed.

Comfortable Convenient and Quiet Hotel for Sightseeing in Munich

I was able to close the window, but not tightly. Being the summer season, this was not a problem, but should be addressed. It might have been nice to have a fan in the room during the warmer months. These are minor things and do not affect my overall pleasure with my stay. (I have stayed here twice--and had 2 very good stays.)

This is a nice hotel, near a number of tourist sites (museums), and public transportation. The S-bahn subway system has trains that leave the main train station to Rosenheimer Platz running every few minutes; and then it's a short 10 minute walk (or hop the street car one stop). Check-in/check-out was very efficient. The room was very comfortable. Cable TV had many options, but I did not find English speaking channels. The wi-fi worked well, which allowed me to catch up on business and watch English speaking programs. My room faced the garden, which was quiet and beautiful. Breakfast was available on the terrace.

Very convenient location near bus stops & U-Bahn and...

Basic quality rooms.

Very convenient location near bus stops & U-Bahn and great restaurants nearby. Good bathroom & shower functioned well. Excellent & very friendly service. Staff insisted to give me a new nicer room because of a leak during a storm even though I didn't complain.

There is a mini fridge and the location is good (10min by...

It is lacking a set a tableware (but they do offer beer glasses:) ) and an electric kettle.

There is a mini fridge and the location is good (10min by bus) to downtown. The area is quiet.

everything is okey, but real bad pillow ruined my night there.

the pillow was horrible, I know I cant expect to much for 40 euros, but a decent pillow I expect to have. And reception was closed after 22.00 so was not able to complain about it.

a good choice for my Munich break, small but with all comforts needed.

Small room, quite expensive breakfast

Clean, good bed, very quiet hotel, great location for event in the Gasteig, free internet, friendly staff. Access to hotel with own key at all times

Nice hotel in a very pleasant, leafy and laid back area.

A coffee maker in the room would have been nice - I kind of expect this from a hotel, and of course breakfast included in the price would make the offering better.

The room was bigger than I expected and the location, while not central, is in a beautiful leafy suburb with nice cafes and a short stroll to the river and museum island. It is only 2 stops on the metro to Marienplatz so it not far from centre at all. Wifi worked well (netflix ran smoothly) and they allowed me to check in early and easily. Hotel was nice and quiet. Overall enjoyed my stay there.

Nice comfortable room with a fair price for Munich

Batteries in remote control need to be replaced.

Modern, clean bathroom, with nice decor and enough space to move around. Strong shower with good water pressure, Single bed is for singles very well and even enough space for a second person. Very nice rich breakfast in a well lit and glassdoor-windows room with view of the nice little garden. Overall a bang for the buck and I would go there anytime again.

The light in a bathroom was not working properly - after 10...

The light in a bathroom was not working properly - after 10 min it switched off, and you need to wait till it start working again. It was not comfortable if you want to take a shower and then do your make-up, for example...

Nice quiet location.

The wifi was patchy. I lost the connection a few times and struggled to get it back.

Nice quiet location. Very clean. Lovely breakfast and dining room.

The staff was extremely friendly, the room & bathroom...

The room was on the smaller side, and furniture had certainly seen better days. The carpeting was old, and the hallways had a strong smell of cigarettes. I arrived past 10pm and entered the building after receiving my keys from an electronic key box next to the door. It was a little strange walking into the building, with not a soul around. I would recommend leaving a few more lights on in the reception area and staircases - the darkness did not make a good first impression. The entire place looks much more welcoming and nice in the daylight.

The staff was extremely friendly, the room & bathroom were clean, bed was comfortable. The room is well heated, and the surrounding neighbourhood is relatively quiet. The breakfast was adequate, with a reasonable variety, and coffee served at the table. The hotel is a 15-minute walk from the Ostbahnhof station, and a 10-minute walk from the Rosenheimer Platz station.

It was charming and quaint.

Location. The bed was comfy, and the bathroom was clean.

It was charming and quaint. The location is close enough to curt center and the train, but is still nice and quiet.

Small room, lovely hotel

The room was very small, we were in a double room where one side of the double bed was against the room, which in my opinion is more suited to a single person

Hotel is in a great location with lovely staff and super clean.

Good location, nice clean room, good value

The hotel is clean and staff are friendly. Location is pretty good - easy walk to several public transport options (S-Bahn, U-Bahn) and its close to the center. Quiet part of town. Enjoyed my stay there and the price is nice especially compared to other more expensive hotels in Munich.

Quite OK quality for price and location.

Wifi was not working properly. I understand this is not 7-star hotel, however wifi is basic need for anybody travelling. OK, if you are not able to run wifi properly, just put cable to the room. How am I supposed to communicate with my customers, do some work or plan my activities without a proper internet? Which is exactly what I have to do when travelling, otherwise my travel becomes one big nightmare.

Quite OK quality for price and location.

Reasonable

Reception is not available 24/7. Staff was not able to speak in English. Property is located in area where entertainment places are not in walking distance.

Perfect location, comfortable beds, silence, calm and chill.

Breakfast is expensive. It should be include the room price

Perfect location, comfortable beds, silence, calm and chill. Funny antique furnitures. Good harmony.

It was clean, the WIFI was good.

The room was a bit hot for couple of days during my stay because the temperature outside was hot and there's no AC in the room (only heater that I can notice).

It was clean, the WIFI was good.

Nice hotel in a beautiful quarter.

Nice hotel in a beautiful quarter. The staff is friendly, furniture style very nice, room and bathroom clean and I like the soap/shampoo system reducing the plastic waste.

Conveniently located.

Noise coming from a busy road nearby. This may depend on where your room is within the building.

Great quiet location with a good choice of bars and restaurants nearby. There's a big supermarket nearby too.

I woke up at 3am covered in bites from bed bugs!

I woke up at 3am covered in bites from bed bugs! There were dozen of bugs - just horrifying. I want to say that staff was very helpful and forthcoming but this is still unacceptable! Thanks

Single room sold as double room :-(

The bed was very small, rather a single than a double bed and it was only possible to enter it from one side. The TV was very old too. The room was VERY hot and no Ventilation or air condition, the sun was burning on the window the whole afternoon. The window was very broken, it took us 2 days to figure out how to open it.

good breakfast good location

Short brake

There weren't any air conditioner so it was very hot, also mini bar was empty 😟

The personnel were very helpful, explained all important things that we needed to know. We had short brake there but were fully charged after staying. Beds were comfy and room in general was very clean.

Spend more money & stay somewhere else

The room was uncomfortably hot. No A/C, no fans, & even when you open a window, no air flow. There is absolutely nothing in the area other than 1 grocery store that closes at 8 pm. The location is very inconvenient

It was relatively cheap for Munich

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

This was my second time in the hotel.

The only drawbacks are the interrupted Wi-Fi signal and the unavailability of restaurants or fast food nearby. There is a supermarket close enough, though, but it is open only up to 20h.

This was my second time in the hotel. The staff was very polite and helpful, the room was comfortable and you have practically everything you need for a shorter stay. I would come again.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Comfort hotel with an excellent breakfast.

Not much in the neighborhood for cafes and others.

A really good breakfast with very careful and attentive staff who made sure our coffee cup was always full.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

clean, large bed, decent for a short stay

old carpets, old furniture, small room, no noise insulation from other rooms/elevator, no air conditioning

clean, large bed, decent for a short stay

Renovation needed

Renovation bathroom is needed. Furniture is dated. Minibar empty & not working . No front office during the night. WiFi quality is bad. Extra pillow in the wardrobe without cover.

The front-office was efficiënt & helpfull . Small hotel .

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Nice room for fair price

Great location even thought it's not the center of the city, quiet place, bog and comfort room, great bathroom, great breakfast (it coast 12 euros but you actually have different kind of food)

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Quiet place, even though close to the centre, walking...

Reception closed after 22-23h. Had to call to get the key. What if someone does not have a phone? Wifi credentials were only provided next morning when reception was open. --> At least they should clearly inform guests in the reservation and prepare/attach the Wifi password to the key. Single blanket was too thin (not everybody wants to sleep with heating on), only one pillow.

Quiet place, even though close to the centre, walking distance to Gasteig concert hall, Deutsches Museum, local train station, bars + restaurants in the neighbourhood (e.g. Paulaner Nockherberg).... Room small, but clean.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Excellent value for money.

Lift wasn't working on the first day but they apologised profusely and it was repaired the next day so hardly a point complaining about.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Really nice service.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Great Location, parking possible on site and very clean.

The beds aren’t the most comfortable and on the small side

Great Location, parking possible on site and very clean.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

good location

wifi really bad

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

All was excellent

All was excellent

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

The hotel service was very efficient and the staff was very...

The hotel service was very efficient and the staff was very kind. It was very comfortable and easy to stay at this hotel.

BREAKFAST IS REALLY FANTASTIC, THANKS

BREAKFAST IS REALLY FANTASTIC, THANKS

Most hospitable staff - helped us every way!

Most hospitable staff - helped us every way!:)

Nice location, comfortable room.

Weak water pressure.

Nice location, comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Very clean

A bit noisy from the street and no a/c, but not a deal breaker

Very clean

Good long week end in Munich

No air conditioning in the rooms

Excellent position Good staff

Breakfast outside on the terras

Clean place, good location but a bit far from the tube

Clean place, good location but a bit far from the tube

Pleasant

Very comfortable bed. Friendly staff.

Very nice place, nice crew, very clean, parking lot, lift.

Expensive Breakfast

Very nice place, nice crew, very clean, parking lot, lift....

city stay

Very helpful staff

Just one night - late booking

Old fashioned wifi access with printed codes - but it worked!

It’s comfortable, not far away from east railway station

It was clean

It was clean

A big NOPE

Staff was very rude and unprofessional The double room bed is too small to fit 2 people

Nothing Will never recommend this hotel

Great staff and service except for aforementioned with easy access to main attractions.

Unfriendly staff upon check in, not helpful nor did she crack a smile

Great breakfasts! Beautiful, clean facilities!!

In a quiet, mostly residential, area only a short walk to...

In a quiet, mostly residential, area only a short walk to trams and maybe 10 mins to the Ubahn. Simple and tidy room, everything worked, no problems.

The decor could use a little face lift.

The decor could use a little face lift. Small lift to floors

Clean, friendly staff.

Very small bed. We booked double room for 2 persons but the bed was definitely for single use.

Clean, friendly staff.

Location good

Problem with bed bugs. Hotel alerted, but seemed to be issue for other guests too, so not an isolated incident.

Location good