Reviews of Seibel's Park Hotel

Maria-Eich-Strasse 32, Pasing - Obermenzing, 81243 Munich, Germany

#328 of 349 hotels in Munich

Outdated rooms, mould and unfriendly staff
    • Double / Twin Room

There was mould in the bathroom. The cleaners were knocking at 9:00 in the morning on the Sunday, when we were supposed to check out at 11:00. Neither the cleaning staff nor the reception apologised for this!

Clean, nice staff, quite location

the smell of the cooking from the restaurant on the ground floor filtered to my room which is above the cooking area (first floor room)

Clean, nice staff, quite location

Great value!
    • Double / Twin Room

The style was a little too flowery for my personal taste.

Easy to work with, very clean. Had a process of a key safe for our after hours arrival. Very friendly.

Very bad ecperience

The reception lady is rude and not professional at all. She does not even want to listen to what I need go ask her (she were at the room next to reception desk an when I knocked she did not answer, then I opened the door so she shouted at me and then closed the door with the key on my face without even asking me why I was knocking ?!!!!!). I just wanted to leave my bag with her because I left some personal belonging at some place. I initially came at 10:30 am for checking in and she said its not possible till 2 pm so I stayed outside the hotel at the coffee shop next to it.

Great value if you are tired enough to sleep through the noise.
    • Double / Twin Room

It was very noisy at night. People partied in the adjacent park all night long, incl. loud music. It was really hard to get some sleep.

The staff was friendly, the place was very clean, and the breakfast was great.

Actually i didnt like it because we chang 3 rooms each room...
    • Double / Twin Room

Actually i didnt like it because we chang 3 rooms each room had problem my boy friend couldnt sleep causes was bed not comfotable and i was scared the room had lot of spiders OMG we just 1 hour killed spider at night 😢

I recommend this hotel
    • Quadruple Room

Wifi was too slow and restricted

Good location and peaceful Restaurant was on first floor and very good one Parking was underground that protects the car. Breakfast was good too. TV had many channels for kids in the evenings. Shopping center was near by.

Cute rooms with nice, vintage furniture and floral...
    • Double / Twin Room

Too far away from the Munich city centre, and the sauna was under repair (which we were not informed about post-booking)

Cute rooms with nice, vintage furniture and floral decorations. Staff were friendly, and the complimentary breakfast was top notch. Rooms were cleaned well each day.

Did not feel comfortable for my business trip. Don't stay here -_-
    • Double / Twin Room

Oh my gosh, where should I start! 1. Terrible rude staff. They don't allow check in before 2pm. I arrived at 12, but they told me to come back at 2pm. Their attitude was not friendly at all. Did not find any respect. 2. No temperature control inside the room. Opening the window is the only option for ventilation. 3. Terrible Furnitures, the wardrobe felt like it will break down at any moment. Overall, it was quite bizarre. Very cheap quality furnitures. 4. I booked for a queen bed, but they gave two single beds. They did not change it also. 5. VERY VERY BAD Wifi!! Can't even play the youtube videos! Facebook does't work. Email barely worked. 6. Aweful room service. They don't change/clean the beds. The only thing they change is the towels. But the rest, they don't even dust it off. I even tested it. I spent 4 nights there. Once, I intentionally kept some stains/dirts on the corner of my bed sheets. They were there even after room service! 7. There's no mini fridge. They also don't provide toothpaste and brushes. 8. The breakfast was aweful. Although they say breakfast included, it had very little selections. As I am a vegetarian, I could only take Müsli, milk, Bread, Cheese, boiled eggs, mozarella/tomato and some paprikas. There were also small packs of nutella, honey, butter etc. That's it. The rest are ham/meat slices. Barely any fruits/salads (only some apples/melons). Did not like it at all. Also, on my final day, I asked them for providing me breakfast pack in advance as I was leaving the hotel early in the morning, but they did not provide it.

The bathroom/toilet was clean, atleast, better then the actual room. Except that, everything was shitty.

I was disappointed when sow the hotel, unexpected

Afternoon's staff (a man looks like Egiptian) was very rude person,needs training how to deal with customers other girls Elisabeth, Victoria & staff were very bice and helpful. Very bad wifi, disconnects every seconds. The hotel is old, paints of closets is peeling. Noisy at night because of restaurant, food smells inside rooms,

Front landscaping, there was an elevator, breakfast and setting area was good,

I came back at 18:00 and my room was not cleaned.

I came back at 18:00 and my room was not cleaned. I asked to the lady at the reception desk, and she could only say that she did not know what happened. She appeared to be unable to give an apology.

Adequate for a flying visit
    • Double / Twin Room

No air conditioning. A bit noisy with the windows/balcony door open (essential during the heatwave when we stayed). Shared balcony lacked privacy (although we didn't stay long enough to experience our neighbours). Staff seemed a bit lacklustre (although not nearly as bad as some of the other negative views). You need to take your room key with you in case you return after 11pm as the hotel is unmanned, which was a bit stressful as the side door had a note saying 'please do not lock the door'. Both nights we worried that we would be locked out. Our room looked out over a neglected yard surrounded by mature trees blocking any views over the park.

A pleasant 15 minute stroll through parks from the train station in this residential suburb of Munich. Pleasant enough room for our needs (not spending much time in the hotel). Perfectly adequate shower. Breakfast was fine - standard continental buffet.

Do look at the photos that I attached before you book a room from this hotel.

First of all, the room that we booked was COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than the one that was shown in the photos. We were expecting flowers, a fancy table and more space in our room, what we have found was a prison cell with no flowers. Secondly, they left 2 towels for a triple room, one towel was missing; which is not a professional behavior. When I asked housekeeper for extra towels for our second day, she told me they are out of towels and she gave us only 1 tiny towel and 2 normal-size towels for 3 people, which is ridiculous. The bath tube was leaking, so, our slippers got wet after our shower. The breakfast was below our standards; compared to Turkish standards, it was completely awful. The brunette young guy in the lobby that checked-in us was even colder than a deep-freezer; he was not friendly at all. He was not fluent in English and he even told us that our name did not exist in the reservation, which made us stressed for a second. Not professional. Cosiness of the room? When you put your head on the pillow, it vanishes! You have to use the quilts as pillows if you don't want to wake up with a terrible neck pain. We got disappointed.

The hotel has a private and secure parking lot. The room also has a door to a common balcony area, which is a great plus for smokers. Garden of the hotel was well-decorated and beautiful.

The staff were very friendly and nice.
    • Double / Twin Room

When searching for all my hotels I searched to stay at locations that had airport transport/ shuttle and therefore expected this hotel to have it.... they did not and I had to pay 80 Euros each way to/from the airport and that was an additional 160 Euros I had not planned to spend on this portion of my travels and was very disappointed.

The staff were very friendly and nice. We really enjoyed the breakfast and also the amazing little Italian restaurant that was next door. Ugo was absolutely delicious!

The location is super
    • Double / Twin Room

The front desk reception is terrible and not friendly . The breakfast has a poor selection of items ( fruit ) and bread and very limited seating .

The location is super

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Pretty hotel --- so completely not corporate!!!!
    • Double / Twin Room

We struggled to think of anything that could be improved except perhaps to provide shower caps!

The room and breakfast room were very pretty - I chose this style to avoid business guests!!!

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Two times charging my credit card First time when I booked the hotel And second time when I left the hotel .

They did take money two times from my credit card for whole 5 days. Even I left the hotel just after 3 days.

Sunshiny receptionist makes our stay.
    • Double / Twin Room

The afternoon/evening receptionist was gloomy and sullen, when we asked for a bigger pillow she refused. "You're too late now (it was 5 in the afternoon), you should have asked earlier, I can't do it now." We asked for cutlery to eat dinner in our room. Next day she asked if we'd given it back. I found her tone quite inappropriate. The beds were squeaky. I'd have preferred smthg more solid and that firmer pillow.

The breakfast was rich and excellent. The receptionist during the morning/day was real positive, welcoming, helpful and sunshiny. Her friendliness, courtesy, professionalism made things nice and cheerful.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Cold, Hungry and Bitter

The hotel is advertised as quiet however renovations are happening and there was drilling for the entire day. When I requested somewhere quiet to sit I was offered a place in reception next to a rumbling bar fridge and within earshot of the staff standing around complaining about other people. Only 2 in 3 staff were competent with English. The place was dirty. The balcony hadn't been cleaned in some time and there were filthy marks over the walls of the room. A hotel restaurant is advertised but is not open every night. The room was cold.

Some of the staff were very nice and helpful. Especially the guy who was on duty most nights. The pillows in the room were better than average. The breakfast was nice. Hot, albeit bitter, coffee was offered both mornings as soon as I arrived. The hotel is situated near a beautiful set of walking trails.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Old
    • Double / Twin Room

-1 hour and some minuts more away from the Messe by public transport (bus+train+subway) -The hotel needs a renovation -Balcony was ruined and with dirty ashtrays -Most of the staff in the restaurant was not friendly -No way to get a tea or similar after 11 pm

-Clean -Bus stop in front of the hotel -Breakfast -Good food in the Italian restaurant

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

All fine in a quite but a bit far away location

Location a bit far away from S Bahn and Pasing center Didn't get the wifi working with mobile

Good bed = well slept :) Good breakfast Clean room

Hotel flatters to deceive - what you see online is not what you get!
    • Double / Twin Room

Disappointed with room – the hotel owners need to show photographs of all room types available, not just the largest room! The room was not spacious, comfortable or elegant and the windows were not sound proofed. The room décor is dated and needs upgrading. The external door frame leading to the balcony was rotten. There were visible wires in the ceiling light fitting and the wardrobe mirror was cracked. The hotel was not non-smoking throughout as advertised - guests are encouraged to smoke on the balcony attached to each room. Unfortunately, even with the window shutters pulled fully down the smell of smoke from hotel guests in the rooms next to ours was disgusting meaning that we could not open our window. Would not like to stay there in warm weather as there is no air conditioning. One evening the couple next door to us were very loud late into the night, were heavy smokers and as there is no one on reception after 11:30pm we were unable to complain. Thankfully that couple were only there for one night. The balcony is not private and is in fact the fire escape and should be advertised as such. The free WiFi is extremely slow and can only be accessed with a password obtained from reception. It would be helpful if guests were provided with their password when checking in. The hotel staff were pleasant; however it was clear that they were not happy at their work. It took 3 days to obtain additional pillows as the key to the linen cupboard was not on hotel premises! Breakfast was adequate and certainly not gourmet. It is assumed that all guests are coffee drinkers – tea is not offered and must be asked for. We are frequent visitors to Munich and will certainly not be staying at this hotel again.

Quiet residential area with good bus connection to Pasing train station and tram service into town centre. Amazing Italian restaurant on ground floor.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Nice for the price!

I did not like the iron chair and bed frame in my room. It was not easy to get comfortable. It was nice to look at but not very comfortable. An antique room setting. Also, the sauna is included in the price of the booking. I recommend if they will charge for the sauna they notify booking that they may charge 120 euros a session. My bathroom had no door. Was unusual but ok since I was a solo traveler? But I don't think I would be able to stay here for more than two nights. The internet was choppy.

The whole staff was awesome!!! Breakfast was great, there was a nice restaurant with delicious food. The breakfast crew were delightful. I looked forward to the ambiance. The area and hotel outside in the garden were beautiful! You could sit and relax in the garden peacefully. Nice balcony outside with table and chair. Comfortable mattress and pillows!

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Parking available nearby free of charge.
    • Double / Twin Room

Unfriendly and unhelpful service Far from city centre Internet connection highly unreliable. Unusable even for browsing e-mail Breakfast room far too small and busy for the number of guests. Several spiderwebs in room. Room a bit cold in winter

Parking available nearby free of charge.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Awesome

The internet connection was really bad and was not connecting how it should have.

Everything was stellar and I enjoyed it a lot. Comfy beds, nice arrangements, very good breakfast, nice staff.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Nice location

Door missing between the bathroom and the bedroom meaning you looked directly into the bathroom as you entered the room. Floors all tiled and so you could hear every one who walked along the corridor and noise echoed in the bedroom.

Friendly staff, nice quiet location on a bus route.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Beware of unexpected charges in your credit card
    • Double / Twin Room

Non-transparent pricing, we were charged much more than the reservation made and the credit card was charged after our departure. Certainly not the proper way to treat guests

Beware of unexpected charges in the hotel. Breakfast staff polite and very helpful.

OK but not brilliant

Paper thin walls so heard a lot from next door; also the breakfast room was really nice but too small for the numbers staying; so I ended up sharing a table (no problem but at the room price this should not happen).

Good off-street parking (in locked garage); good on-site Italian restaurant.

Quiet location outside Munich central.
    • Double / Twin Room

The commute to city center was about 20 minutes, however, public transport made it easy.

Comfortable accommodations, Helpful staff, yummy breakfasts with a variety of choices. This was a quiet location away from the city.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

The breakfast is totally worth getting.
    • Double / Twin Room

When I tried asking about the area or renting a car or something like that I never got much help because the front desk staff didn't speak much English. The front desk also closes early, so late night arrivals are SOL, like me, luckily my friend had checked us in earlier since he got there before I did.

The breakfast is totally worth getting. Really enjoyed getting up early and going downstairs to the cute little dinning area for a nice delicious European breakfast.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Excellence experience in Seibels.

Location is good as it is near the bus station which bring you to the tram station in less than 10 minutes from early morning to late night. Nice decorated place with good staff. The breakfast is good too with many choices.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Traditional hotel in a quite area

Location is remote from the city, Room Cleaning was poor,

Close to a park good for running,

The park in front of the hotel
    • Double / Twin Room

It looked all very old, and the bathroom wasn't clean

The park in front of the hotel

The decor is pretty.
    • Double / Twin Room

Complicated to gain access to wifi. Balcony in front of room is dirty.

The decor is pretty.

Nice Hotel

Needs a bit of an update Lighting operation in room a bit hit and miss

Good Location Excellent adjoining Italian Restaurant

Quite place

Unfriendly staff No kettle in the room.unable to get even hot water so no coffee or tea. Poor quality mattress

Quite place

Receptionist was not very helpful.

Receptionist was not very helpful. We asked how to find something in Munich, and her answer was: Google it.

I enjoyed my stay but the wifi was really poor

There are several and good choices for breakfast. However, scrambled egg and susages are not provided

the quite location, and the excellent restaurant on the...

no real issues

the quite location, and the excellent restaurant on the hotel property

Ok

Dated

Nice breakfast, easy to find and near the trainstation

It was only one huge balcony for all rooms. So no privacy at all..

Nice breakfast, easy to find and near the trainstation

Clean.
    • Double / Twin Room

Capacity of car park - was full. We were looking in nearby streets.

Clean. Friendly staff. Design of equipment - romantic Florence

Room is large enough, interesting interior

Room is large enough, interesting interior

a rich breakfast means more than this
    • Quadruple Room

breakfast was not rich as it was advertised

terrace with nice view

Ok

WLAN was working worth

Cosy abd romantic hotel. Ideal to rest
    • Double / Twin Room

A little bit far away from the center, but ideal for resting

Cosy and romantic decoration in a nice place

It's a bit far from city center, but it's fine if...

It's a bit far from city center, but it's fine if you're with car

Good stop over if you are driving south
    • Comfort Double Room

It was a long way out of the centre

Price was reasonable

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Good hotel.

Distant from train station, but a bus stop is there to get to station.

Great Italian restaurant on the property. Good breakfast.

Location was perfect

Wifi was slow and no fruit for breakfast.

Location was perfect

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

The apartment is good.

The apartment is good.Family friendly.

good place not the better one
    • Double / Twin Room

Internet was very slow. And the furnitures are make noise when you sit and when you role on the bed at night.

good location

My family is happy
    • Quadruple Room

Parking room is not big for SUV car

Price is great included breakfast.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Nice
    • Double / Twin Room

A little far from train station or metro

Nice breakfast, minibar

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Quiet

Quiet

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Wifi is so fast.

Card reader causes so many problems. Late breakfast, starting from 7AM.

Wifi is so fast.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Quiet and clean

A bit expensive considering the location.

Spacious and clean rooms. Restaurant downstairs was very good.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Beautiful hotel and spotlessly clean.

Location. Communication spotty. Very very hard to get a

Beautiful hotel and spotlessly clean.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

nice staff, good connection (public transport) to the city,...
    • Double / Twin Room

nice staff, good connection (public transport) to the city, oktoberfest..

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Do not stay here. Our room smelt like an ashtray
    • Double / Twin Room

Room smelt like an ashtray Wifi didn't work well Staff were unwilling to take on our feedback Expensive Hard to get to

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

The stuff are frndly

The stuff are frndly

• Reviewed: 21 May 2016

linistit

I was treated very badly by the receptionist impolite, can not do job requirements (mr. Willy), rest of the staff professional,friendly and helpful

linistit

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

Good location if you want to stay away from the city hussle.

The stuff at the front desk (female older) was rude and spoke with a rude manner. The breakfast was poor in choices, there was no toast just bread to slice, lacked better fruits, totally understaffed breakfast with stressed out server but nice enough.

Good location if you want to stay away from the city hussle.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

The workers in the kitchen were very OK and friendly and...

The staff was very unfriendly and unpolite, we only asked some information and explanation. Terrible.

The workers in the kitchen were very OK and friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 13 April 2016

The breakfast was good and the person at the breakfast area...

The reception lady was not helpful and not friendly at all. We called the hotel in advance if it would be possible to check in early - at that time they said yes. Once we arrived at the hotel, the reception lady was not flexible and friendly, and rejected our early-check-in. We asked if it would be possible to get the keys late at night instead. The response was after 11 pm the reception will be closed and there is no way to enter to the hotel and get the keys. So we were forced to come back before 11 pm for check-in. The rooms were quite dusty, seems like not cleaned for a long time. The overall outlook does not really match the photos shown on the website - hotel/garden/rooms are much more older.

The breakfast was good and the person at the breakfast area was nice. The italian restaurant next to the Hotel is fine as well.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

The hotel has it's best day gone but the staff is trying...

Old and uncomfortable bed. First room was small and smelly (probably due to cleaning) but after complaining we immediatelly got a very suitable room.

The hotel has it's best day gone but the staff is trying to keep it very tidy and clean. Breakfast was nice. Staff friendly and helpful. 5mins with a bus to Pasing public transport junction.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2016

- The hotel looks nice,

- Too much metal (the bed was made of metal, every morning i woke up i felt it cold); same for all chairs and table; - only a small carpet that could not cover all the ceramics on the floor; - strange elevator, would not start from first - only one key was provided, even though we paid for 2 people; - staff not that friendly if you ask for things to visit; - 1,4 km away from the Passing train station / or approx. 20 mins, but a bus is available in front of the hotel

- The hotel looks nice, - the surounding area is green, - rooms are spacious, - balcony with a nice view, - easy access to the restaurant - good value for money - nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 22 March 2016

Fair accommodation at fair prices.

Fair accommodation at fair prices. Nice breakfast included in the price is definitely a good advantage. Location of the hotel is good. Don't be disappointed about first impression. It's actually fine and clean hotel. Also great Italian restaurant in the same building is something you have to try. Pizza's are great.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2016

Breakfast buffet was great, attached Italian restaurant was...

The place needs a facelift, it doesn't seem to have seen improvements, painting, or maintenance for a long time. It's dated and tatty.

Breakfast buffet was great, attached Italian restaurant was very good, they are a credit to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2015

rooms are nicely decorated.

i visited the hotel in the past but i have to say, the staff is not anymore what is used to be like when helmut was still there. all is too formal these days. check-in and pay and good buy. kein muenchner charme. the man in the breakfast room is unfriendly and seems to be stressed out. the evening service is covered by another unfriendly, unprofessional chap whose german is really poor. very sad and it used to be so nice a few years ago.

rooms are nicely decorated. good value for money.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2015

The internet worked

Man on reception was not welcoming or friendly. Parking was in height restricted underground carpark (not mentioned on booking site) - so there was no-where to park. Staff unhelpful. Very noisy as no carpets on corridors or anything to stop doors slamming- so clattering noises of cleaners & other guests reverberated loudly night & day. Beds were spindly & uncomfortable. "Balcony" was a concrete corridor that ran the whole length of the building & acted as fire escape & general right of way.

The internet worked

• Reviewed: 17 October 2015

Nothing especially

I booked a room with one queen bed, since I arrived with my girlfriend. They gave me a riom with two small beds. They did NOTHING to correct their mistake although I pproached them twice regarding this problem. The worst reception service ever! Their English and German is terrible.

Nothing especially

• Reviewed: 7 October 2015

Clean rooms and location is in quiet district quite near to...

1. The value for money (even taking into account Octoberfest) is just dreadful 2. The 3/4 star hotel must have 24 hours reception - they don't work from 23 to 6 3. The breakfast is poor 4. The balconies should be separated from the other rooms. They were not and we had to enjoy the visits of drunken (Octoberfest!) neighbors. 5. Generally it could have been acceptable but not with the price they charge.

Clean rooms and location is in quiet district quite near to centrum.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2015

It was close to a bus stop to get to the train to Munich.

The staff did not speak English. The afternoon staff spoke limited French, so we were able to communicate with him. We had no hot water to shower two days running. When we told reception, they did not believe us! On one occasion we found that there was nowhere to sit at breakfast. We waited a little, then went to inform reception of the problem, as people were milling around unable to sit down and some took plates up to their rooms. We were told we could sit in the reception area but when we returned to the dining room, the buffet was devoid of food. When we went back to inform the receptionist of the problem she just went straight into her office and locked the door behind her! The man on the afternoon shift told us that it was not his problem, as he is not there in the mornings! Shops and restaurants, other than the one Italian attached to the hotel, are a bus ride away.

It was close to a bus stop to get to the train to Munich. It had a restaurant attached. The car parking was excellent. Breakfast was included and when we could get it, it was good. There was a lift in the hotel.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2015

I really liked the location, nice and quiet.

The hot water was not consistent during late hours.

I really liked the location, nice and quiet... Also the staff was very helpful and the breakfast was fantastic!!

There are also 44 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Seibel's Park Hotel traveller photo gallery