Reviews of Hotel Eden am Zoo This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Uhlandstr. 184, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, 10623 Berlin, Germany

#534 of 579 hotels in Berlin

5.9

5.9

• Family Room (5 Adults)

The bathroom facilities could have been better, but are a necessary evil given the buildings age. Security was a bit lacking, as the door to our room was secured by a cheap door lock. The property is also close to a train line, but we weren't bothered by the noise at all (light sleepers beware!)

The staff was friendly and the hotel is close to the s bahn, making it the perfect starting point for a sightseeing trip. Surprisingly, cleaning staff is included despite the low price of the property compared to hotels that offer similar facilities.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Stuff doesn't speak English very well, building is a little bit old. Beds and pillows are average and not very comfort.

Breakfast is modest, but it is fine for the price. Location is perfect, close to the metro station and various important locations and points of interest. Room is spacy and clean.

• Family Room (4 Adults)

Wifi wasn’t available in our room (had to stand in staircase to get reception.) Cigarette butts in flower pots on balcony and room was hot. Lastly, the toilet made loud and very disruptive noises all night.

Spacious

The wifi was not working in our room and when I mentioned it to the hotel staff, they indicated it was my phone. However when I would leave my room and go to stairwell, it worked fine. Also, I mentioned the toilet would randomly (and at all hours of the night) make a loud flushing/gurgling noise and they didn’t address the concern or offer to move us. It was very annoying and we wish we would have moved to another location. Lastly, we had an elderly lady with us so it would have been nice to know there was no elevator. I recommend adding that to the hotel information.

The location was good

• Economy Single Room with shower

Part of the staff doesn't speak English at all, making the communication very difficult for non-German speaker. Moreover the night of my arrival the receptionist told me that I had to come back to the structure before 11pm (not specified in the description), very unfortunate because Berlin by night is a must!

The room was very large and comfortable for a person, the position of the structure was nice as well, close to the subway and the main attractions.

• Economy Single Room with shower

No lift I was in building

The hotel was a a good 20-25 min walk from central station. Lady behind reception hardly spoke English which was a bit of a problem but it worked out. Rooms are clean and basic, old tv in my room but wasn’t there much. bed wardrobe sink and shower in room. Toilet was shared but good value for money

• Economy Single Room with shower

The room was up several flights of stairs. It was difficult to find someone there when I tried to book in. There were tea/coffee making facilities in the room.

It was perfectly situated for a gig at QUASIMODO, and for the Hard Rock Cafe. The area feels quite safe to walk around, even late at night. The lady did not speak much English and I don't speak much German, but we managed to communicate. She was pleasant. The shower was in the room, it was very clean. The single bed was comfortable and the room was warm on a very cold night. I did not have breakfast. It was fine for a short break, I would stay there again for the convenience of the location.

• Family Room (5 Adults)

no hot water for the first night, no heating either when temperature was -1 outside... when made a complain about the matter, they said (thank God) sorry... however no compensation was offered.

• Family Room (4 Adults)

The shower was not working well. The comfort of the beds is poor. The room is not dark enough to sleep well. If you pay the breakfast with creditcard you have to pay extra charges

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The booking.com didn’t make it very clear that they don’t have 24h check in time and I had to pay 25 euros. I wouldnt have book this hotel if it knew it. They weren’t changing the sheets and towels everyday, it made me wonder if they did it at all.

It was very good location, very easy to get to places from the hotel.

• Family Room (5 Adults)

a bit creaky, noise gets in the room thru the windows and the lobby

they accommodated our request of checking in early as we were tired travelling thru train, really appreciate that

• Standard Single Room

The fact that you have to climb a lot of stairs with your baggage which is not evident for the booking - the place in on the second floor - no elevator. The toilets are dreadful - I will be returning to Berlin - but certainly not to this place.

The location of the place was fine.

• Family Room (4 Adults)

We boooked breakfast in our booking but we were not served brekfast. This was somethign not correct to us. Also your (booking.com) portal should be specific with addition of breakfast.

The beds were good.

Long ladders you need to carry your bags which is painful. Hotel identification not clear in the street. Rooms very small. Toilet is very very very small. Can not accomodate a small kid. Difficult to communicate in English

Near from many transpotation means (metro, bus station)

Located on 2 floor of old building no lift. Many stairs

Location to transport system both S and U Bahns. Also Hop on off buses stop just around the corner. Room adqueate. Lovely high ceilings. Would stay here again but with less luggage.

• Economy Single Room with shower

a bit more confort and room space, as well as bathroom space

good location, helpful staff, quiet street, lot of restaurants around, nearby city communications.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I didn't like anything ! Staff could not speak English . Room very small and cold. No any explanation provided . Only the keys given. They complained cause I asked for another towel. Really bad experience.

• Family Room (5 Adults)

Rooms are a bit noisy with noise from other guest immediately outside the room's door. Furniture and equipment is a bit "run down" including the tiny bathroom which could use an overhaul (tremendously noisy WC water pump etc.). A fridge in the room would also add to its quality.

Excellent location for city touring and shopping - Kurfurstendam is less than 100 meters from the place. Easy to get around with public transport on the doorstep. Breakfast is "Old School"/basic but very tasty.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It didn't effect me but those with no german may struggle a little with some of the staff. Also, a sign explaining the entrance procedure would be nice as it's not at all obvious the first time you arrive.

Good location for the K-dam area, which is ideal for shopping, eating and drinking. U and S bahn stations within a 2 minute walk away. A very pleasant little cafe next door for those not breakfasting in the hotel. Excellent value for money for the location.

• Family Room (5 Adults)

Toilet makes some strange noise from time to time

Good location, clean hotel, big room. We arrived late due to traffic jam and it wasn't a problem to check in after 11 pm (but called at 9 pm to tell about our delay)

• Economy Single Room with shower

Bed was uncomfortable and the toilet was shared on the floor. Also it was loud in there as people were in the hallways until late at night and no one seemed to care.

Easy access to public transport.

• Economy Single Room with shower

I was put in one room the first night as my room was not ready and then I had to pack on day two to move to another room. I was over there for the marathon and asked if I could use the microwave to make porridge on the morning of the marathon. I was not allowed which meant I had to walk over a mile that morning to a friends apartment to use a microwave. This was very annoying and an inconvenience.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The shower was a large step up, which was a bit precarious, but once you got used to it, all was fine. `it could use some non-skid surface added to the shower floor.

The rooms were spartan but very clean and plenty adequate. We don't spend time in the room, and it was just as we liked it for the price!

• Family Room (4 Adults)

I will never stay there and nor would I ever book another hotel through this website. I was so disappointment in what was offered at this location. The hotel cleanliness was the biggest factor in place. Period!

Nothing, this was not what I expected at all. I was very disappointed in the place and felt this should not be an option on booking.com. It is just not what has been advertised on booking.com as an option.

It's not a hotel it's like a old house there is nothing in the Hotels rooms only the beds and chairs no Refrigerator and all the things what a person needs So so bad

• Family Room (4 Adults)

No Air Con but we knew that so cant complain too much

For what we paid it was great! Perfect location, beds were comfy and shower was good all you can really ask for with the price we paid. If your looking for somewhere to crash while exploring Berlin, I would recommend this place!

• Economy Single Room with shower

-it seems I payed twice for the room: once at the arrival (cash) and then my bank account has been debitted:( - the man at the reception in Friday's evening was calling with a phone, I was waiting. And then he asked me in German if he could help me (he had the phone in his hand for the whole time). I answered that I had a reservation. He replied: "But you need to tell me". I said: "But you were talking to someone". He: "it doesn't matter". Oh, really? If someone is talking to someone else, should I interrupt? Am I wrong?

+location +price +fast WiFi

• Standard Single Room

Room very small (approx. 1.50m x 4.50m), bathroom very small, no desk, bathroom fixtures damaged, bathroom sink stopper stuck in place (in closed position), entrance to hotel is up two long flights of stairs & no elevator, so one has to drag luggage up a long way on arrival. Avoid rooms 12 and 16, they're very small. You can stand in the middle of the room and touch two opposing walls.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Wardrobe had empty beer bottles inside when we checked in. Bathroom extractor fan was not working, which caused unpleasant smells. Bathroom was very small and cramped. The shower was tiny. Hotel did not have air conditioning or an in-room fan (we asked reception for a small, portable desk fan, but were refused one too). Rooms can get extremely hot in warm weather, causing sleeping issues. Beds were old and very creaky/noisy. Breakfast was not available due to a kitchen fault. 75 stair climb to the room, with no lift/elevator. Some staff were nice, others not so much and rather rude.

Easy access to both Tegel airport (by nearby bus) and Schönefeld airport (by nearby train). Location was pretty good.

• Family Room (5 Adults)

1) No lift, very difficult for old people. 2) Building was very old, and things kept falling off. 3) Got a bit cold but the heaters would not turn on.

1) Location was good. Very close to main bus stops and train stations. 2) Strong Wifi in the room. (room was very close to the reception, maybe that's why)

• Family Room (4 Adults)

Good location. Affordable too. Like an Italian pensione rather than a hotel in the 'business' sense, but had evetything you need. Quiet was a bonus, and friendly staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was a bit expensive for the kind of hotel that it was. The bathroom made a lot of noise when the water was running, it had like a box were the water was accumulated before releasing it and it was awful, it also made the toilette smell really bad. The room was really small and the views terrible.

The owner was nice, although the girl on the reception on Sunday didn't know a word of English. They let us do late check out without charges.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Family Room (5 Adults)

No wifi during 3 days Staff doesn't speak English No confort no isolation, very noisy old place no opportunity to cancel even 1 night the bad experience i ever had. please run

Rien / Nothing Besides the location, everything was awful

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Family Room (4 Adults)

- stuff doesnt speak english - only German or Russian - breakfast offer could be more diverse - i have genius status - i had ask for earlier check in maybe week before we visited hotel, but my request wasnt met, stuff didnt send me any mail that it is impossible.

- really good location, near ZOO rail station

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Standard Single Room

Worst stay ever. No warm water for the shower. Extremely noisy, you can hear everything and the toilet "crusher" sounds like a lawnmower. Unhelpful people at the reception with too limited English. Wi-fi did not work and the staff knew about it, yet, this is advertised as available. Bed quality was too low, it showed the curve of endless use. Staff went to my room though I had precisely asked them not to. The bear necessities were not available. Even at low price, this isn't worth it.

Ok to access

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Family Room (4 Adults)

The stairs The awful desolate entrance Just awful I emailed them to get a refund but haven't even had a reply! Four of us paid £30 each per night for two nights £120 for us in one crappy room for that

If you look at your photos online, it is nothing like it!!! No coffee/tea in room Awful room

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Family Room (4 Adults)

no stores to buy food, drink. but there is a cofee shop where you can eat and drink very well in front of the hotel.

very close to green line of subway. 15 min to the center

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

All was good. Super friendly people. Perhaps a better sign outside.

They had drinks available at a fair price so we didn't have to go outside after dark.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Family Room (4 Adults)

Wifi signal is quite unstable. Some facilities are so old and easy to break. The stuff there are partly unfriendly.

Location is good, near subway station.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Standard Single Room

Very poor wifi. Room less then 2m wide with floor going up.

Close to public transport. Nice water pressure under shower. Several power sockets. Two towels per person.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

- wifi not working very good (in rooms) - genius policy not applicable - bathroom very small

- clean rooms - excelent location - hot water all the time

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Family Room (4 Adults)

-Internet totally not working -To much noise I heard every thing from my neighbours even when he but the telephone charger in the socket. -the beds not comfortable. -we stay there 6 nights no body care to come to clean. -the house keeping give us by hand the bed sheets and towels.

No thing every thing is bad

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Standard Single Room

the room was very small and uncomfortable, and the staff weren't particularly helpful or friendly. the shower wasn't very good, and the bed was quite uncomfortable. the wifi doesn't work, either. the rooms are cheap, but you get less than what you pay for

the hotel is fairly central

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Standard Single Room

The room and the bed were dirty. TV didn't work. Wi-Fi didn't work. The bathroom is tiny and uncomfortable. Very poor breakfast. All corridors were full of dirty laundry and trash. No sound isolation so every noise is almost in your room. I will never stay at this hotel any more!

Location is good, close to the metro station.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Standard Single Room

I thought I was booked at the HOtel am Zoo, not at your Hotel Eden am Zoo. No wonder I didn't like where I was. But for my two nights, I was comfortable and slept well. Then I left for Riga and Vilnius. Thanks.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Wifi did not work correctly. I would say this could be considered a Pension instead AS a hotel. Bathroom's Pipeline was broken.

Location was excellent

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Family Room (5 Adults)

They do not have Elevator. if you have big traveling bags, then it is really a problem! Hotel is situated on the second floor of a residential building, historic building. But the it was nicely decorated.

Nicely decorated. good price. very friendly staff. and the best is the location where you can reach all nice places and branded shops in Berlin/Zoo area.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was like Hostel. Eerie. The floor in both the bedroom and bathroom were covered in random body fur. No lobby. Unclear check in process. Ashtray full of fags and ash. Breakfast dreadful. One key per room. Tramps sleeping rough under adjacent bridge, just awful

The location was ok-10 mins walk from Zoo Station. Decent bar -Bunnies- 50 yards away. That's it

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Family Room (5 Adults)

Great location ! Next to restaurants and shoping stores. We liked the very big and old fashion entrance's stairs. The room had big windows and was spacious with high walls.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Economy Single Room with shower

They advertise themselves that they have wifi in every room, when it's not true - in my room it didn't work at all (I even was told that at the check in) and had to spend time in the hallway, where it worked fine... And I saw many other people being there for the same reason... not very good. It would also be nice if more people from the reception would speak english - seems like there's only one or two persons there who you can communicate with in english, it can be frustrating.

Fresh towels almost every day with no extra fee, good location near Kurfurstendamm.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Standard Single Room

Quite minimal bathroom and uncomfortable bed.

The staff was welcoming and efficient, hotel next to the subway in a quiet street, spacious and very clean room, good breakfast and stable wifi.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Economy Single Room with shower

Wifi was very slow and intermittent. Had to sit in the foyer to use it and even then it was unreliable, perhaps too many people for the connection?

Comfortable, nice location, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Family Room (4 Adults)

The wifi in the room was a bit shaky but was fine and speedy when you walk out to the stairway. Television was a small little CRT with most of the channels half covered in static.

Very clean beds every time you return to the room. Nice amount of shampoo and gel. The windows are huge, easy to operate and open into a quiet backyard so it's not noisy at all. Staff was approachable.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Family Room (5 Adults)

Horrible smell that came from the sink drain and the water regulator in the bathroom was extremely loud. We were in a corner unit and could literally reach into our neighbors room (if we actually wanted to) It was warm so we needed to have the windows open but with loud neighbors next to you with their windows open also and extremely loud it was hard to sleep. May not be great for people with young kids that need to sleep.

Fit our family of 5 without kids having to sleep on top of each other. Bathroom was very clean. Plenty of towels for everyone. Location is great!

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Standard Single Room

Wi-Fi is advertised, but does not work at all. Cleanliness of the bathroom was troublesome - and the shower cabin was old, filthy and broken and posed a big problem not to flood the bathroom.

The location - very convenient.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Family Room (4 Adults)

Entrance was strange and with no clear instruction. Very Little direction once you enter. It seems to be an old pre-war era house. Beds are just about sleep-able. Can get noise at night and the walls are wafer thin. So if you are in bad luck you could hear your neighbor snore.

Good Location

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Economy Single Room with shower

In my opinion it is not a hotel.. It's more like a nicer hostel so it should not be advertised as a hotel. I was walked in on while sleeping by a worker who I apparently scared by sleeping in my own bed because she proceeded to scream and slam the door shut. I was not able to request for my room to not be entered which was not comforting. The free wifi did not work.

The staff was very flexible about storing luggage and the location is prime to get to and from shops and the train.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

No elevator and the hotel is on the second floor. Hard to find, no visible sign outside. Wifi not working

Staff are really nice, helpful, and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Family Room (5 Adults)

Cleaning could have been better, especially under the beds.... Free WIFI is good, but connection to Internet was not working most of the time, and when it did, it was very laggy and slow.

The location is brilliant. Everything is allmost in walking distance, and if not public transportation is only minutes away.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Economy Single Room with shower

The room for 1 person was quite small, but with tall ceiling (which was OK because of air). The bed was so loud that you could wake up the whole hotel, also the shower in the room. Since the floor was wooden, it was also very loud. In the description is written, that there is a free WiFi across the whole hotel. Well, that is not true. There is some signal in the second floor (very poor), but if you have an Apple device (iPad, iPhone or a Mac), you cannot connect to it. The guy at the reception said that it only works on Androids and not on iPhones. What kind of a reason is that??!! I didn't manage to fix the WiFi issue on three devices (!), so I had to use other ways. In the description is also written that they have a 24/7 reception. Well, that is not true either. They work till 23.00. The receptionist said that the first door of the building are opened all the time, even in the middle of the night. I came to the door at midnight and it was locked. Luckily, I found out that the door bell unlocks the door automatically. But that also means that anyone can open the door??

The location was really good (close to the Zoo , center and public transport stations)

• Standard Single Room

Further out of city than expected. Staff member smoking on balcony at breakfast when I said I didn’t like it!

Close to train & bus services

Wifi

Location, stuff, room

• Family Room (4 Adults)

Everything. I felt like horror movie

Spots on the bedsheets. Floor dirty... outside room, the main floor also dirty. Very freak

• Family Room (5 Adults)

Sometimes the wifi is not good enough.

The location is nearby the most tourist attrations. It is very convenient.

• Family Room (5 Adults)

No kitchenette.. And the drainage system is not good. Water clogging problem in bathroom and sink. Property is on 3rd floor and no lift available.

• Standard Single Room

wifi is not working properly as i traveled on business trip, its essential, not much breakfast available

staff is nice and friendly

• Family Room (5 Adults)

We didnt know about no elevator in hotel.

Good personal

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was mentioned in a reviews before, someone was doing such noise during the cleaning in the corridor at 6 in the morning ((((((

• Family Room (4 Adults)

No elevator so it was hard to bring our bagd up to the room

Friendly staff, clean, good value for money

• Family Room (4 Adults)

The service ... room cleaner and housemaster coming in without knocking on the door first... so annoying 😭😭😭😭😭

Only the location

Some of the decor

Close to transport ,Berlin zoo and restaurants

no services - no speak English - to much stairs without elevator

near metro

No elevator.

Everything except they don't have elevators.

• Family Room (4 Adults)

The room was very old fadhioned

Friendly staff

• Economy Single Room with shower

Room way too smalll too many steps to room

Browse Hotel Eden am Zoo traveller photo gallery