Reviews of Hotel EL CONDOR This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Seeweg 2, 12529 Schönefeld, Germany

#2 of 12 hotels in Schönefeld

9.7

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Everything We Needed

Less than a five minute drive to the airport. Clean and comfortable. The woman who worked the front desk was lovely. It is clear people often stay at the El Condor to make it easier to catch a flight at some unGodly hour. The instructions for checking out were crystal clear. Excellent investment.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

This hotel is 5 minutes from the Schoenfeld airport.
    • Large Double Room

Lovely beds with big feather blankets and lovely hostess who is very friendly.

This hotel is 5 minutes from the Schoenfeld airport. It’s very cute, clean, and the owner/hostess is so kind and caring. She took great care of us! Our flight cancelled and we had to stay a 2nd night. The owner helped us reschedule our taxi and gave us extra breakfast food for our room because the 2nd day if our stay was a holiday and everything would be closed. This hotel is not in the busy Berlin downtown but you can take the subway there, it’s about 30 minutes. Schoenfeld is more of a suburb.

Very well equipped kitchen, pretty quiet (just some lively...

Very well equipped kitchen, pretty quiet (just some lively evenings at clinic next door but quiet from 9pm), near good playground, perfect location, plenty of parking and very friendly manager! Good value for money, not a bargain but certainly the going rate, so no complaints :-)

El Condor

Nothing not to like.

Ideal location ,excellent accommodation,very very friendly owners and staff all working to a very high standard.The owner Renate could not do enough to help and the buffet breakfast was delicious.Very peaceful location considering you are 5 minutes from the airport and main road.

Definitely recommended

The only minor thing is WiFi was not good (at least in my room)

Exteremely friendly ! Rebeka was very nice and welcoming. The room is clean and has everything one needs. Location is really good, I just walked to the airport.

The bed was really comfortable!

The bed was really comfortable! The location perfect, when we had an early flight. Easy to get to the centre of Berlin by train. Calm surroundings.

Establisehed, V clean, tidy and personally loved accomadation. Thank you!

Lady at reception, the owner, very pleasant and helpful, I’m only able to speak English hers was excellent, thank you! She v happily arranged taxi to airport I shared with another person which was great, on time, 5 mins max trip, cheap as chips that way 4€ each inc tip and as room was only 60€ this still makes it, notably cheaper than closer venues. Would definitely recommend and use myself again if need to. Establisehed, V clean, tidy and personally loved accomadation. Thank you!

Nice clean hotel.

The hosts were lovely. Excellent English (I can speak little German). Bed probably the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. Slanted ceiling a problem for hubby - not me! Only stayed one night. Two English TV channels. A Netto and Aldi nearby. No air conditioning in room, but a fan was provided. Room had sun in the evening (19). No smoking in hotel, but nice area provided outside. Very easy walk from airport. Just head to the main road by going through the car park opposite terminal A. Take a right onto main road. Go under the motorway bridge. Continue on until you get to Seeweg. It's the street on the left before the garage. This way is not accessible by car. Shower was excellent. Did not have breakfast. If you're going to the supermarket go to Aldi. It's on the main road. No offence, but if you're on foot the route to Netto and the pizzeria looked dodgy.

Very nice people!
    • Large Double Room

Very high price for such a place, but due to international exhibition in Berlin. Week wifi signal in the room (but Internet speed was good where it worked).

Very nice people! Close to Berlin Schönefeld Airport (cheap to reach by taxi).

Perfect for what I needed, great price and a great nice to stay.

Surprisingly spacious and very clean. Wanted somewhere to stay close to the airport to just be able to get up the next morning and catch my flight. This was better than I expected and so convenient.

It was home from home. A brilliant hotel. The owners and staff were superb. Thank you

I liked everything. The perfect place to stay when arriving at the airport and when you want to discover Berlin as the public transport is easily reached within a short distance.

Brilliant breakfast. Fresh food, different variety of food, hot and cold drinks. The bed was very comfortable, spacious and extra bedding is provided.

Excellent service!

The room was a bit noisy, you could hear the guy next door snoring and watching TV.

Renate was great! She went out of her way to allow us to check-in after the check-in closing hours. The next day she let us stay late in the restaurant, after check-out time, as our flight was scheduled only later in the day. Before leaving to the airport she even asked us if we would like her to pack us some fruit.

One of the best hotels I've had the chance to say at
    • Large Double Room

The breakfast could've had a bigger variety but other than that everything was perfect

The staff was very friendly and helpful! Rooms were big, comfy and clean! All in all an amazing experience!

If you're leaving from Schoneberg on an early flight, stay here!

I spent just one night at El Cóndor and was supposed to make it from the city at a much earlier time. I ended up getting there almost at midnight to find a kind note from the manager. I was to let myself in (code and key conveniently provided). The room was on the ground floor, was spick and span and –most important to me–had been defeathered by the satff at my request. I could definitely tell they made sure not to leave any feathers in the room and I was deeply grateful, as I'm extremely allergic to them. Next morning, I was out of the place by 4:30am, walked approximately 9 minutes to the S bahn station and made my 6:00am flight perfectly on time.

Wonderful little hotel with friendly staff
    • Large Double Room

The location wasn't wonderful for visiting Berlin with kids. It was a bit of a walk from the airport through residential and side streets. Even though Berlin is a fairly safe city, I wouldn't have felt comfortable walking from the airport to the hotel alone at night. There is a rail station within walking distance of the hotel, getting into the city center takes quite a bit of time.

We arrive late at night and the owner greeted us warmly. She made sure we were all set up and even helped out with the kids while we got the room ready. She even provided us with some milk for our child since it was too late for us to purchase some at the grocery store. In the morning she left breakfast out for us so that we could let the kids sleep in a little bit. She was so warm and accommodating we kind of wished we would have stayed in this hotel longer.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I don't have to say to me everything is fine n the location was very nice ,I love it😉 I'm very satisfied n the service are good n friendly⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Bed is good comfortable n rom clean👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

I walked to the hotel from the airport station the evening...

The only thing I would change is the curtains - personally I prefer the room to stay dark otherwise I tend to wake at sunrise.

I walked to the hotel from the airport station the evening before my flight home. It was a very warm evening and I was hot and tired. I was greeted by my first name and given a refreshing glass of cold juice - I felt instantly welcome. The best way to walk is along the 96a road then left into Seeweg. The hotel was surprisingly quiet and peaceful.

Proximity of the airport.

There's nothing around (no bars or shops)

Proximity of the airport. It was very quiet despite the proximity of the airport. The receptionist was very kind ;-) The airport is around 15 / 20 minutes walking and a S bahn station is at 10 minutes walking.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

I walked here from the airport, it was about a mile, and...

I walked here from the airport, it was about a mile, and easy to find (it's on Google maps and OpenStreetMap). I was warmly welcomed by my host, who spoke excellent English and was really helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

The perfect airport refuge

I received perfect service at El Condor. In addition to providing impeccable hospitality, the owners went out of their way to help me, doing so in a friendly and effective manner. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was very good - not a huge buffet but really all I needed and more than I'd expect for a hotel at this price level. Wifi was free and fast. The paid shuttle service is very helpful, you get to Schonefeld airport in less than 5 minutes. Altogether, a perfect stay.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Staff very friendly, close to Schoenefeld airport.
    • Large Double Room

Staff very friendly, close to Schoenefeld airport. Rooms very clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Very nice and gracious host!

Very nice and gracious host! Made sure I got my key even though I came after reception was closed due to a layover. Definitely recommend :)

Little Cottage

Nothing in particular as it serves my purpose of stay

The owners were superb. Loved the huge windows in my room.

Enjoyed the facility and close to airport

no evening restaurant.

The room was very clean and were the entire facility. the breakfast was very good. Great location close to airport.

Very good if you need to get to airport.

Airport is 5 min by car and even accessible on foot. It's not hard to park next to hotel.

It was pleasant, warm, welcoming and clean, as I like it.

It was pleasant, warm, welcoming and clean, as I like it. :).

Good accommodation at fair price!

nothing to dislike

comfortable place, very helpful lady at the reception, waking distance from airport, warm room, extremely clean.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

filled all expectations and more

Personalised service. Good contact in advance. Excelkent breakfast

1.5 km from the airport, it's a very good option for...

1.5 km from the airport, it's a very good option for someone who needs a place to stay next to the airport.

Excellent. Very practical.
    • Large Double Room

Modern, beautifully decorated. Very near airport.

very welcoming and good

kettle and free tea in the room would have been good

comfy bed, clean room, friendly helpful staff

quite place

not possible to eat in this hotel

quite place

Very friendly, caring owner couple. Nice, quiet hotel close to airport.

The owner is a very kind, friendly and caring couple. Room was clean, bed was very comfortable!

Friendly staff, quiet environment, cozy room and modern...

Friendly staff, quiet environment, cozy room and modern equipment. Bus to SXF Airport.

The hotel is close to the highway and the airport.

The hotel is close to the highway and the airport. The rooms are cleanly and pleasantly. Everything was wonderful.

Perfect stop over for the airport or for a budget visit to Berlin.

Quiet, clean and very friendly

Quiet even though we were near airport.
    • Large Double Room

No elevator. We were located on the 3rd floor. Next time we'll ask for a ground floor room.

Host is very nice and accommodating. Hotel looks new.

Satisfaction

Friendly service. Great location.

El condor handy for early morning fight

The pillows were too flat

Close to airport

Good access to the airport. Take about 20 mins by walk

Very far far away from the centre. But a Good choice to get to the sxf airport.

Good host..extremely sauber

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Very friendly staff.

Very friendly staff. :)

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Superclean

Convenient for airport. Super clean and comfortable beds. Very friendly staff. Airport shuttle handy.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2015

- hotel is perfectly clean and quiet,

- no amenites to make a tea or coffee in a room ( you can receive a hot water from the hotel kitchen )

- hotel is perfectly clean and quiet, - only 25 minutes walkig distance from the airport, - free parking - nice and helpful owner

• Reviewed: 5 October 2015

The ambience was very Spanish and the staff friendly and...

I had no bad experiences.

The ambience was very Spanish and the staff friendly and attentive. A wonderful haven of tranquillity in the centre of town. Parking was easy at any time and just a five minute stroll away.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

My husband and I were biking the Berlin Wall Trail.

This is not a location that tourists usually wind up, but we were looking for a place in Schönefeld that was not a big airport hotel. However there is an S Bahn station just down the stree.

My husband and I were biking the Berlin Wall Trail. This was our first stop on the ride, which unfortunately started off with a car accident (only the bike was damaged). Renata greeted us with a cold beer, which was badly needed for our nerves. She is a great host, and provided a sumptuous breakfast!

• Reviewed: 23 April 2016

Restful night, friendly staff and good breakfast.

Restful night, friendly staff and good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

Friendly staff, clean rooms, close to airport

Friendly staff, clean rooms, close to airport

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

The personnel was very friendly.

The personnel was very friendly. Price was very economic. Very clean. Close to airport.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2015

Friendly, courteous and attentive proprietor.

Friendly, courteous and attentive proprietor. Breakfast too was excellent with quality cold meats.

There are also 23 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.