Reviews of Living Hotel Prinzessin Elisabeth by Derag This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Geyerstr. 52, Ludwigsvorstadt, 80469 Munich, Germany

#153 of 349 hotels in Munich

Beautiful Hotel
    • Business Double Room

Staff always prompt to help, good location (around 15min walking to Marienplatzs), pet friendly, car park, great choice of food on breakfast, we even got an upgrade upon check-in; in my opinion it's great value for money!

A short stay for pleasure in a beautiful area
    • Business Double Room

The shower area was dangerous for senior citizens. Getting in and out of the tub, to take a shower was very uncomfortable

The service in general was very courteous and good

Excellent value and highly recommended.
    • Business Plus Double Room

We had a car so parking was needed and a bit expensive.

Excellent hotel. Very finely appointed and a higher end hotel considering the reasonable price. We would definitely stay here again. It met all our needs and was an excellent value.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Just a very nice place to stay!

There was absolutely nothing I disliked =)

Just a very nice place to stay! Free minibar was an unexpected bonus. Everything was just fine. And there is a great African restaurant nearby

Close enough to the city center after a nice walk.
    • Business Single Room

The cleaning staff woke me up at 9 am to do thee cleaning.

Close enough to the city center after a nice walk. Nice and very clean room. Free waters and beers in the fridge. Very nice and helpful staff

• Family Room

Ac is not working Furniture is old Everything is closed in weekend, we couldn't do anything at all. We checked out one day before

Staff Tourist guide

Parking area
    • Family Room

Treatment of one of the staff was horrible and this one not originally from Munich. We were staying two nights and the service was good and because of that we decided to book another to nights after we visit Switzerland and when we checked out we asked about the price and that person had said it’s same price but also with more around 8 or 9 euro. And we asked if we could get the same room as well and that person said yes sure after that that person told us there is a confirmation email will be sent to my email and nothing has sent to email but when we come to check in the price was different and much higher and gave us worse room with unfixed AC after that we changed to the small room. Next day we met the manager and she was so kind and apologized for us.

Parking area

Excellent - a relaxing break in quality facility
    • Business Plus Double Room

We asked for a small table and simple chairs for the balcony to enjoy breakfast outside, this wasn't possible no spare furniture which was surprising for a 'living' apartment hotel. In fairness they gave us two sun loungers which we made good use of.

A brilliant facility for a relaxed stay in Munich - near the river and quick transport links to the city centre - the 'living' style of apartments allows you to relax and enjoy your stay in your own routine and schedule .. several great restaurants nearby and a super market next door for essential supplies.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Absolutely loved my stay at this excellent Hotel. Would Highly recommend it.
    • Business Single Room

The gym is pretty basic and in a small room.

The location of the Hotel was ideal for me. A 20 minutes walk from centre and close to the river Isar. A supermarket was literally next door and a few cafes within the neighbourhood. Public transport is easily accessible as well as good connections available with Uber and Mytaxi. The staff were very nice, friendly, professional and helpful. The Hotel itself is very well maintained and kept clean throughout the week. There is an option to add breakfast at an extra cost but because the room had a kitchenette I cooked my own.

Nice hotel

The staff did not speak English well We had some challenges to communicate

Breakfast was good and rooms were clean Location like 30 minutes walking from Main plaza

My room was not clean.
    • Business Plus Single Room

My room was not clean. There were empty beer and water bottles in the room, toilet elements spread around. Nevertheless they charged me the full price for the night.

Ideally located luxury hotel
    • Business Double Room

Front desk staff would benefit from customer service training. Not easy to find convenient and inexpensive parking.

Perfectly situated across from the main train station and within easy walking distance of central Nuremberg. The rooms and amenities are superior, especially in the bathroom, which had a huge shower and supplied a very good hairdryer. There is a nice lobby bar.

A good value hotel in a pretty good location with an outstanding breakfast.
    • Business Double Room

The walk to the 2 closest underground stations were a good 25 to 30 minutes. There were closer buses, but we weren't completely sure where they were till the receptionist told us on the morning we left. The door from the living area of our room to the entry way didn't shut as it needed rehanging and often banged. We did report it when we checked out so it may well have been fixed by now.

The facilities in the room to be able to self-cater are very good and I liked the way the room was divided up from the kitchen and the bathroom and the entryway as it cut out any noise from the corridor. Breakfast was outstanding with a huge choice and even the ability to ask for eggs to be cooked to your preference. The lady who served us every morning was so lovely and welcoming. I wish I could have seen her name badge clearly to remember her name properly. I think it was Francesca, she deserves a special mention. The water and the beer in the fridge was a very nice touch and very welcome. There is a small supermarket right next door which was very useful to get anything for meals if needed.

Comfy room but a bit out dated
    • Business Plus Double Room

Was quite expensive for the location and the ‘mini bar’ consisted of only 1 beer each.

Bed was very comfortable, good sized room and some little extras that were appreciated

The room is cosy and the bed is comfortable.
    • Business Double Room

They did not let my girlfriend egt in the room when she arrived. I had paid for 2 guests and I was having dinner with my work colleagues. My girlfriend was flying to Munch for the weekend. She was tired and they did not let her in even after I called them. I had to leave my colleagues in the middle of the dinner to join my girlfriend so that she can get inside the room.

The room is cosy and the bed is comfortable. Nice location next to the river.

Free mini bar!
    • Business Double Room

Room was good - it showed as a double on booking.com but I messaged them to ask for twin beds which were provided. Beds were comfy, bathroom as expected - toiletries provided are hand soap and shower gel so pack your own shampoo and conditioner if you're fussy! Free mini bar was a nice touch - two bottles of water and two beers refreshed daily.

After changing hotels THIS one saved our Munich stay!
    • Business Double Room

The bathroom door scraped the floor and could only be closed with effort and noise.

I liked the free water and the built-in kitchenette. The windows keep the traffic noise out very well. Lots of wardrobe space, too! Plus a sliding door to separate the living space from the bedroom.

Excellent hotel for a visit to Munich
    • Business Double Room

Situated in a lovely area close to river, lots of local restaurants. Shop right next door to hotel. Good 15 minute walk to historical centre but very scenic by river. Room lovely and clean and liked the small kitchenette area. Very helpful and friendly staff

Costs not clearly declared
    • Business Plus Double Room

At the check in, we have been informed of a parking cost 13,00 €/day (not really for free!), which then increased at the time of payment up to 19,00 €/day, which corresponds to an increase of around 45%. This sounds really bad!

The room was equipped with a small kitchen, which is a big...
    • Business Single Room

During my stay, the outside temperature was rather hot. There was a room temperature control , just up and down,(no precise temperature indication) but I did not feel any difference, I mean, it was not cooling at all, which is not a big issue for me. I saw another guest was complaining, unbearably hot and no AC working. I understand it is more important the heating rather than cooling in Munich. But some customer might expect the functioning AC ( for cooling).

The room was equipped with a small kitchen, which is a big plus. Very friendly staff. And good supermarket is attached.

I liked the decoration of the room.
    • Business Double Room

Temperature of the AC cannot be updated. It was warmer than needed during daytime.

I liked the decoration of the room. It was very cozy and comfortable.

Modern hotel, pleasant stay!
    • Business Double Room

Not a dislike but rather a suggestion - to please clean windows. I suppose coming out of winter, this must still be done.

Very pleasant stay at the hotel. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Room was spacious and had a good view. The little kitchenette was well equipped. Rooms were sound proof. Tablet was available in room for use if you did not have access to laptop. Wifi was super fast. Good quality toiletries were supplied. I liked the fact that the supermarket was next to the hotel. There were many nearby eating places, bakeries, coffee shops etc. Really enjoyed our stay.

Convenient.
    • Business Double Room

The decor needs and update. And they need some more facilites.

The breakfast and the size of the room. The hotel is well located, close to the station and by the river and 10 minute walk to the city centre. Good for business and long stay travellers.

Wonderful hotel in every regard
    • Business Double Room

It's not in the center of the city really, but the center can be easily accessed by foot or public transport

Great service, very nice and helpful personnel, wonderful amenities, very comfortable bed, very clean. We totally loved it and can definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Munich!

The breakfast was really good.
    • Business Double Room

The fact that we were asked to pay 30 Euro to check in at twelve midnight or wait 3 more hours. That we were called exactly at 11.15 to be reminded that the check out time was at 11.00 and that we were late. The room was cold. The bathroom tub was not working appropriately. The pillows war not exactly those found in 4 star hotel. In general paying for a 4 star hotel and actually staying in a 3 star hotel.

The breakfast was really good. The hotel was really clean.

Excellent value for money at an amazing location.
    • Business Single Room

There was no electricity socket next to the bed - which is where I usually charge my phone. Also, the stench from sewer was noticeable in the bathroom. Don't know if it was due to air pressure or poor plumbing execution.

Everything else. Good breakfast, sauna, gym. Tidy room, minibar.

Marvellous, well done .

Nothing to dislike.

Everything was catered for. The staff without exception were polite and friendly. It was a pleasant surprise to find such a lovely attention to every detail place with the most genuinely pleasant and helpful staff.

The size of the room was excellent.
    • Business Double Room

The drainage of the bathroom sink was not good despite sending a technician to fix it. The shower shield did not prevent water from wetting the floor.

The size of the room was excellent. The staff were helpful. The kitchenette has everything. The proximity of a supermarket next door.

Spatious room, friendly staff with unfortunate miss of the cleaning staff.
    • Business Double Room

When we got home the door to our room had been left open (not unlocked, open!) with free access to our stuff for anybody walking by by the cleaning staff. We left it closed and locked. The very kind lady at the front desk was terrified when I told her, but I didn't feel confident it wouldn't happen again as the lock was broken. The fan/vent in the bathroom was broken, so it was necessary to leave its door open to the room to vent it after use and make the air bearable for the next person.

Friendliness of staff, atmosphere at entrance, size of the room, the sauna, comfort of the bed. Overall we had a comfortable stay, enjoyed the sauna and went to the gym (room with treadmill, cross trainer, some weights, three bikes).

The wi-fi in the room didn't function very well and...
    • Business Single Room

The wi-fi in the room didn't function very well and sometimes not at all. The hairdryer in the bathroom also didn't work. When this was reported to the staff the were sweet and said they would fix it but nothing was done.

Super hotel, great location.
    • Business Plus Double Room

Nothing, really, all good...

Really nice hotel right next to the Isar River. Big room with free water and beer (!) in the fridge. Very clean, big bed. It is very close to a bus stop (400ft), too - so no car needed (and not recommended) to get around. The staff was outstandingly friendly and helpful. And if you are up for a good and affordable pizza, try the "Mimmo e Co", a short 10min walk from the hotel. Also, the wifi worked really good ans duper fast (great for my VPN connection back to the office) I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Happily caffinated
    • Business Single Room

I was happy to walk into my spotless single serving studio apartment for one! The complete mini kitchen and sitting area was a delightful surprise. There are a few freebies in the fridge. The bathroom was modern and very nice. Overall the hotel is lovely and the decor is modern with a splash of retro quirk. My breakfast was included. There was a good variety of hot and cold eats in a nice sunny room. The staff in both the dining area and the front desk went above and beyond in service. They offered to print directions to the museum I was going to. One employee offered to take my coffee order and bring it to me since I wouldnt understand the german words on the self serve machine. Very very pleasant experience.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Frequent business traveler
    • Business Plus Double Room

One or two of the staff are very slow to help especially when there is a problem with the room. They always say 'there is nothing they can do' when as we all know in the hotel business, there is always something you can do! If the kitchen doesn't work in the room, offer free food. If the room is not a double as booked, offer an upgrade. Some of the staff are great and understand this concept, others are very flat footed

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Good location, Great staff,
    • Business Single Room

The room is ok for one person but two people with Luggage would be tight. I was in the first floor and like to sleep with the Window open but it was very noicy due to Trucks unloading goods for the Supermarket

Staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Good position and good facilities.
    • Business Double Room

Some of the reception staff were really very friendly and helpful. One particular gentleman though was abrupt and not very friendly. We also experienced problems with the room make up services, which was solved by the manageress on duty.

Good position and good facilities. The daily free water and beer is a very good idea and we found it very helpful.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Modern, clean, friendly and affordable. Great option for business travel
    • Business Double Room

Would prefer a little closer to the centre

Good size rooms, modern, clean and with some international TV channels which was a bonus. Small bar which was relaxed, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Dont go to that hotel
    • Business Single Room

Unplessent staff, especially the reciption (except the girl with glasses, she was very kind and helpful)i asked for a towel, and it was the unique time in 6days stay and i waited more than hour and i didnt get it! I asked for a room service and i got the food without: fork, knife and napkin..fortunatly i got hands and toilte papers!

Good breakfast, clean hotel

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

A perfect stay. Thank you!
    • Business Plus Double Room

I can not say anything negative.

The location is central, the hotel very clean, staff is well trained and friendly, breakfast has a lot of variety, gym and sauna are also available. The hotel has a well known restaurant with excellent food. The rooms are spacious, quiet, renovated and even have an own small kitchen in an apartment like manner. I can only recommend the hotel.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Nice hotel with well equipped rooms, good breakfast and friendly staff - perfect for a longer stay

Everything was ok.

Very cosy and well equipped hotel with friendly staff. Rooms are equipped with small kitchenette, coffee maker etc. The bathroom and the room itself was spacious and well equipped. The location is not far away from city center and it's quiet. Breakfast was tasty and rich.

Location, comfort, breakfast

I had no dislikes.

Location, comfort, breakfast

Location & staff

The parking was tight

Location & staff

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

The cleanness, the helpful staff , and the location.
    • Family Room

AC is not working well and the room was hot.

The cleanness, the helpful staff , and the location.

5.6
    A/C not working at my room 232 it was very hot

A/C not working at my room 232 it was very hot

Hits the spot!
    • Business Double Room

Very comfortable and approximately a mile from the city centre. Close to a bus stop so makes the city easy to navigate.

Excellent staff helped acommodate our family of five in a...
    • Family Room

Excellent staff helped acommodate our family of five in a two-floor (!) family room/suite. Great breakfast!

Nice place when staying for multiple day..
    • Business Double Room

AC didn't work very well.

Spacious room. beverages were provided. Instant coffee, micro, mini kitchen.

Dish washer is out of order Lights are broken Stoves are not in good condition "I don't know." " It
    • Family Room

Dish washer is out of order Lights are broken Stoves are not in good condition Staffs are not frofessional

Breakfast is very good.

Comfortable, clean and very friendly staff.
    • Family Room

Comfortable, clean and very friendly staff. Thanks.

Great place

Great place

Room

Paying for parking Coffee service

Room

Average

Too far from centre.

Breakfast very good.

Hotel met all expectations. Public transportation good and close by.
    • Business Double Room

Underground parking. Munich is difficult to drive in let alone park in. They always had water and coffee in lobby.

Staff were awesome, rooms were comfy and welcoming, location...

Everything was great

Staff were awesome, rooms were comfy and welcoming, location was good, we liked everything.

Friendly staff, unlimited gym access, Wifi.
    • Business Double Room

A bit far from the centre.

Friendly staff, unlimited gym access, Wifi. Impeccably clean.

The cleaning leafy knocked on our door at 8 am.
    • Business Double Room

The cleaning leafy knocked on our door at 8 am...

There was no internet connection in my room

There was no internet connection in my room

Superb location, clean, a lot of extras like small kitchen.
    • Business Plus Single Room

Not the most modern design in some rooms.

Superb location, clean, a lot of extras like small kitchen. Large room.

V good
    • Business Double Room

The kitchenette was a bonus

Hotel room was good with a kitchenette.
    • Business Double Room

Hotel room was good with a kitchenette. Close to bus stop (bus 58 , x98) & also near to a river. Breakfast buffet was awesome.

We couldn't get the heat turned down - it was too warm...
    • Business Double Room

We couldn't get the heat turned down - it was too warm so we had to leave the window open.

cleanness
    • Business Plus Double Room

the wifi connection is so poor, I can't even connect to internet anywhere in my room!!

cleanness

All others.
    • Business Double Room

The bed is a little bit small for two person.

All others.

Never come back
    • Business Plus Double Room

Dirty old guest room, pillows smelly:(

nice big room with nice view, good breakfast
    • Business Double Room

smell in the bathroom and broken shower head

nice big room with nice view, good breakfast

Excellent - no problems
    • Business Double Room

Room could have been bigger

Hotel was quiet- no corridor noise

Acceptable

outdated

good breakfast, close to the river (dog walking area), garage

I wouldn’t ask for anything more than this :) it was a...

Hmmm not really

I wouldn’t ask for anything more than this :) it was a perfect stay

Amazing room!

Amazing room!

Hotel made stay in Munich a terrific week
    • Business Plus Double Room

Very great suite - silent, nice, terrific breakfast, that made my day - very nice staff, room super cleaned and all perfect

the best!

staff of the bar

the best!

bad room condition

bad room condition

Stay there!
    • Business Double Room

There is nothing to complain about.

This hotel is highly recommended: clean, friendly, comfortable, very good locations

Big room.

Small bathroom.

Big room.

great

The Shower

The location is great if you know the Munich area. else everything is okay.

Browse Living Hotel Prinzessin Elisabeth by Derag traveller photo gallery