Reviews of Ellington Hotel Berlin This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Nürnberger Str. 50-55, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, 10789 Berlin, Germany

#238 of 579 hotels in Berlin

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Very clean and calm

Longer than week after the check-out the full amount of stay was freezed from my account despite that I payed. So be ready to have into account enough amount if you continue the trip.

Very clean and calm

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Horrific

Awful man on the reception who after needing another key to my door was completely degrading and was told he didn’t believe it was my room dispite it being booked under my name. Told we couldn’t sit in a certain place in the summer garden, no choice of food and drinks extortionate. Booked double received twin. Manager was horrendous. Do not stay here.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Beautiful rooms, good breakfast, professional staff.

It is a busy, city centre hotel. The bedrooms however are beautiful and quiet. Public spaces and rooms are limited. The breakfast room though busy is beautiful and efficient.

Beautiful bedroom.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Nice stay in a lovely area of Berlin

The room was very small we did not have a proper wardrobe just a rail in the room and the shower was so small I do not think overweight people would manage to get in. It would have been better to have individual toiletries than having to squeeze the ones provided especially if they are empty The toilet could do with some bleach as well. Nice if there was tea and coffe in the room for the price as we had to take our own kettle. On the whole we enjoyed our stay there and would not mind going back.

The hotel is very central, lovely area near the underground and train station, very easy to find. Staff were very helpful and polite.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

The location of the hotel is great.

The facilities in the room could have been better. It was extremely basic for a 4 star hotel.

The location of the hotel is great. Breakfast was great as well.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

It has a perfect location.

It has a perfect location. Staff is super nice and helpful. The room is clean and has everything you need. If we visit Berlin again, we already know where we are gonna stay.

• Reviewed: June 8, 2018

Good location, friendly staff & good breakfast

A Note to business travelers. Check the room size and type you book as the standard room while clean an functional is not suitable for a business traveler wishing to do any work in the room. No working desk. Book a bigger room

Friendly staff who were smartly dressed in cool uniforms. Really nice contemporary designed restaurant bar and terrace in historic building

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Had a great stay and would use this hotel again.

Shower in the room ok if travelling with a partner, but may be awkward if staying with a friend.

Great location, staff very friendly and helpful. Had lovely lunch in the restaurant one day.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

Great location for shopping and U-Bahn station (Wittenberg).

Personal washing facilities are in-room. (open) The restaurant seems expensive. Did not have breakfast there. I travelled alone but the room seems too small for a couple.

Great location for shopping and U-Bahn station (Wittenberg). Very clean.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Excellent breakfast.

Excellent breakfast. Interesting old building, well adapted to modern needs. Great location. Room was small but perfectly designed so it was comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Bad equipment of the room for 4 star hotel we didn't...

Bad equipment of the room for 4 star hotel we didn't have hygine kit in the room just soap for shampoo and body. The courtens were very thin and giving the location of our room it was very sunny at 5 am in the morning. We couldn't sleep because of the sun the room was very bright. When I called the reception asking for a sleeping mask they wanted me to pay for it. Very bad expiriance giving the very price room

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

-Very Clean.

-Tiny rooms. -Open space bathroom, not good for friends or families, there is no privacy. -There is no safe.

-Very Clean. -Extremely Comfortable beds. -Stuff was really nice and helpful. -Location was great although you have to walk 10 min to the zoo, I thought it will be less. -Huge and beautiful hotel, old style.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

the hotel did not provide shampoos and body wash gel in our rooms

the hotel did not provide shampoos and body wash gel in our rooms, unlike other rooms , probably because we were on a discount booking.

room is clean. a classic 4 star hotel hotel is in busy shopping district where h&m kadewe karstadt stores are at, good for shopping lovers. netto supermarket within 1 minutes walk staff is nice, but not reli helpful in terms of information 15 minute metro from hotel to reichstag

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Nice clean rooms

Old place, no bell boys, no safe in room, mini fridge was broken, no complementary water tea or coffee in the room, very basic expensive (Euro 20 pp) breakfast

Nice clean rooms

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

I really liked my stay at the Ellington.

The sink was a bit slow draining. Our room also didn't have a safe.

This is my 5th visit to Berlin and this hotel is by far the most central I have stayed in and I will be staying there again in future. It is just off the busy shopping boulevard of Kurfurstendam. Wittenberg Platz is only a 5 minute walk and provides access to the underground network and there are cafes and restaurants there too. For those wanting to explore the Schonefeld/Nollendorf area it is also only a 15 minute walk. Our room, although small, was light and modern and was at the back of the building, facing east and looking out onto a suburban courtyard. I couldn't hear any traffic. For those uneasy about showering and using the sink in the same room as the bedroom it's not that bad! The shower is in a cubicle and the glass folding door faces away from the bed so showering is still fairly private. The toilet has its own room with a door. The rooms have laminate wood flooring. The beds are comfortable and the duvets nice and light.

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

It's a reliable choice, and Wifi is free, and the rooms...

The rooms was terribly small this time, I could literally spit from one end to the other, with no place for luggage, except to have it sleep next to me in the king bed. And the restaurant, formally a very reliable creative choice was a disappointment - a bland menu, and the food was nothing to write home about taste-wise.

It's a reliable choice, and Wifi is free, and the rooms are clean - plus the location is hard to beat, right next to KaDeWe, close to Bikini and the Zoo. And I got a great last minute deal to boot.

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Great ;-)

Well i have to say the breakfast area can be WAY BETTER , guys is not high school , this whole benches style that you guys have going on is terrible. People hate sitting like that and is not very good , normal tables like u have in the restaurant is much better.

The location is great , shops and restaurants are close by and lovely city. We will visit again soon.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

nice hotel so far.

There is not separate room for the washroom area. The basin is outside of the shower.

We arrived very early in the morning but the staff let us have the early check-in. So we can get in the room at 8am without any extra charge. The hotel is next to the main shopping street. The bed was nice and comfy.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

The hotel is centrally located and very close to underground...

Given the size of the room, I think it works best for short staying (no more than 3/4 days); but it you are staying for a longer period, then better going for a bigger room.

The hotel is centrally located and very close to underground stations and a number of bus lines. The design of the rooms is very simple, but highly functional; the room in which we stayed was very bright.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

No bathroom, the shower was in the bedroom, which is OK, except for one main thing: it was super cold in the morning since I like a cold bedroom, and taking a shower in a cold room is actually a quite painful start to the day. For that reason, I would prefer a bathroom.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Very good location, near shopping center, very good access...

Very good location, near shopping center, very good access to everywhere and restaurant friendly staff and good services,.. I like it and I will book this hotel if I go to Berlin again.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

Art Deco meets Modern

Absolutly beautiful building. The rooms were decorated to a minimalistic design, I'm not usually a fan of this however it worked well to maximise space and it was clear to see that the rooms are kept especially clean. The hotel is located about 5 minute walk from the Zoo and 10 minute walk to the Tiergarten which is the main park that is home to the victory column and the Brandenburg gate. Underground stations are dotted all around the hotel too so it was never an issue to get anywhere with single tickets costing €2.70. Overall this hotel is a very good shout for anybody looking for a mid range hotel in a beautiful city with most of Berlin's sites within 10-15 mins on the underground or within 1-2 hrs of walking, most of which can be done through beautiful parks scattered around.

• Reviewed: March 11, 2018

Not happy about it

The lady in the reception was probably new. She decided to charge my card again although the payment was done already. I kept insisting then she got someone senior who confirmed the payment and no need to pay again. She still insisted to make a block of 50 euros for car parking although the night was for 18 euros only. She is the worst ever i met in such a level of hotel.

• Reviewed: March 2, 2018

Excellent location - Friendly staff - well stocked bar
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room was cold and we could not get it to warm up. Very little home comforts, No kettle, no bathrobe, no slippers, no cotton buds

Excellent location - Friendly staff - well stocked bar

• Reviewed: February 23, 2018

We booked the simplest room in the hotel and it was very small. Also, there was no bathroom. The shower was near the bed and so was the sink. After we went and asked a change of room we recieved a great room with no problem.

Very nice staff, very clean, great location, the room we were upgraded to was amazing. Overall very pleased.

• Reviewed: January 26, 2018

Perfect location.

Concerning the quality of the hotel, breakfasts could be more varied. Mind you, the so-called double superior room has a bathroom almost open to the room, which may make visitors happy or confused, depending on …… (ha, ha). Windows are not too tight but it is an element of architecture, so I forgive that.

Perfect location. Convenient hotel parking lot. Noteworthy architecture and design elements are the legacy of the former musical theatre known as Haus Nürnberg. Clean rooms in a modest and elegantly austere style. Staff almost invisible, so let’s call them perfect.

• Reviewed: January 18, 2018

Very comfortable and best located hotel for your stay near Ku’damm.

The price for breakfast is too high! Based on the ambience and offer it must be between 12-15€.

Comfortable bed and bath facilities. Seperate toilet is very practical. During shopping the hotel is very central for a short rest inbetween.

• Reviewed: January 15, 2018

Nice location, friendly and helpfull staff but breakfast zone is very noisy

The diner room where the breakfasts are served is very noisy because of the conception of the building. I looks like a cantine of a big industrial facility and when it is full of people , you can't hear your closest neighbour.

The Location is excellent, The cleaningless of the room is quite good The building architecture is quite interesting (stairs and street side) The staff is very good as well to help your make your stay comfortable

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

The design of rooms are minimal in a fantastic way.

The design of rooms are minimal in a fantastic way. Very clean rooms and friendly staff. Location is great, just 2 mins walk to U public transportation and there are all brands very close. Kadewe (the famous one) is just 5 mins walk. The neighborhood is convenient, safe and beautiful. I would come back there again. Enjoy ur stay.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

The location of this Hotel was perfect very close to the...

The location of this Hotel was perfect very close to the underground and train station for access throughout the city. Had a noise complaint but was swiftly dealt and ended up get a different room for the night as we had flights in the morning! Would happily recommend this place to friends and return myself in the future.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

The hotel is in an excellent location, within easy reach of...

Parking for a fee, 4 days accommodation = 80 € extra. A deposit of 200 € is required for accommodation (no mention of the hotel), expensive breakfast daily 20 € per person (I recommend the café opposite the hotel), sometimes mistakenly (?) from the payment card withdrawn amounts in the order of 100 €. In terms of finance, the hotel was very uncomfortable. The staff has always solved everything, but I came as if someone wanted to rob me ...

The hotel is in an excellent location, within easy reach of buses and metro. The staff is friendly, the rooms clean and soundproofed.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

Located right in the center of (former west) Berlin next to...

When we checked in, the hotel asked for and charged, after I gave my consent, 200€ in my card, as a deposit for future expenses during our stay. 2 days later during the night (05.00 am) another amount of 13,47€ was charged in my card, without my consent or any other form of communication about what this amount was for. The only reason I knew about it was because I received a text from my bank with the charge. When I asked during check-out, nobody knew anything about it, nor there was any invoice for this amount. After a couple of hours I was told that it was another deposit withdrawn automatically due to a faulty software (the software couldn't see my first deposit so it took on its own that amount...) and that I would be refunded. My problem is not that the explanation does not sound realy possible. My problem is that nobody asked for my permission before charging my card and if I didn't ask for more information nobody would have found out about it and I would have been charged extra simply like that. This is very important and spoiled an otherwise excellent stay in Elington Hotel. In my opinion it is very important to secure all the software and the procedures so that these mistakes do not happen. Safeguarding card details and avoid charging without a direct consent from the holder should be regarded as of the highest importance and the fact that a mistake such as this took place do not make me happy or feel safe.

Located right in the center of (former west) Berlin next to KaDeWe store and very close to the zoo. The metro is 150m away and there are bus stops 50m away. Also the hop-on hop-off bus starts from there. Very big hotel, with friendly staff in a beautiful building. Our room was really big and the Wi-Fi despite not being very fast it was adequate for our needs. The cleaning also was exceptional. We didn't have any breakfast because we found the additional price extremely expensive (+20€/person) but there are plenty of choices in the region.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2018

Free wifi was better than I thought it would be.

Upon our arrival we were checked into our room. We noticed a funky smell in the room, it was bearable so we had no problem. The next day however the smell had gotten so bad ( smell of sewage coming from the shower) I felt nauseous and physically sick. After explaining to the lady what it was she couldn't have done more for us , and we got a new room that very minute.

Free wifi was better than I thought it would be. The hotel is in a very central location to the biggest and best shops Berlin has to offer e.g. Kadewe. S-bhan is within 5mins walk. The lady at reception was beyond helpful to us when we had a problem (explained below) - I never got her name.

• Reviewed: December 27, 2017

The staff told me there is a shortcut to the U-Bahn station...

The breakfast is a bit expensive.

The staff told me there is a shortcut to the U-Bahn station Wittenberg. When you go through the KDW parking it is about 5 minutes. Lovely suggestion.

• Reviewed: December 15, 2017

Great.

No breakfast; they didn’t provide toiletries in my room even if I saw some in the cleaners’ cart and even asked for some small packs of lotion.

Very modern and functional.

• Reviewed: December 14, 2017

Beautiful vacation and beautiful hotel just the paying part was very upsetting

The confirmation that I had from booking was for a certain amount (including all taxes) but when I wanted to pay they made me pay the extra for taxes although it was mentioned in the confirmation that taxes are already included. They couldn't do anything just because my confirmation is in Hebrew

• Reviewed: December 2, 2017

Helpful and polite staff, good breakfast, value for money...

Bathroom, organization of space inside the room, tv without international channels and national ones also didn't work properly, better to go by foot than wait for the elevator

Helpful and polite staff, good breakfast, value for money because of location

• Reviewed: December 1, 2017

Comfortable stay for City Break

The beds were both singles, with their own quilt, my partner and I slipped in between both mattresses one night. Beds were still clean and comfortable and we were able to sleep, just more amusing and not what we are used to.

The staff were very friendly and helpful to make sure our stay was a comfortable one. It rained all of Saturday and we were short of an umbrella but the reception staff loaned us an umbrella (small refundable deposit upon return) which allowed us to stay dry on our 4 hour waking tour. The hotel is 15mins or so into the city by taxi, it served as a good location for our city break away. The breakfast is plentiful, they have many different foods and drinks on offer.

• Reviewed: November 30, 2017

The hotel and stay were just what we wanted!

We expected a little bit bigger hotelroom.

Top location in Berlin! Easy to find after bus trip with nr 109 from Tegel airport. Near KaDeWe, Kurfuerstendamm und Zoo. The hotel was very individual. Our room was not big, but good. We did´nt hear any extra noise. Hotelpersonal was friendly and polite.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2017

Very different to any hotel I've ever stayed in before.

Very different to any hotel I've ever stayed in before. Nice staff (which is almost impossible to find in Berlin!). Very good location for shopping and the zoo. Rooms very clinical and not at all cosy which some people would find very nice.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2017

I never stay anywhere else in Berlin...

There was a small issue with a stain on my duvet which was replaced quickly.

I love this hotel - the architecture is stunning. Rooms are spacious with high ceilings and quite modern. Internet is strong and the staff are very well trained and attentive.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

Excellent location and price.

Despite having outdoor area it seems smokers are asked to go to the front of the building. This means everytime you come in or out of the hotel it is through a cloud of smoke. And breakfast is a bit over priced compared to all the local places just nearby.

Excellent location and price. Decent and modern rooms. No complaints on the room or price. Right in centre of one of best areas in Berlin and close to U-ban.

• Reviewed: October 20, 2017

Desk staff were excellent as were barmen.

The cords on the hair dryers are too short. The air is so dry in the room when the fan is on and the windows closed, that I got nose bleeds each night. I do not use gel soaps or anything with scents, so the small round of face soap was a bit minimal for my 3 night stay

Desk staff were excellent as were barmen. Very nice breakfast Face cloths were a very welcome surprise!

• Reviewed: October 19, 2017

An incredible city and hotel made stay very comfortable.

Taxi’s don’t like charging fare to credit cards and experienced my fare increased by 2€s just bcs of a credit charge. So check with the taxi that you flag down before getting in. Not all driver speak English but are very efficient.

Very centrally located with easy access to public transport, historical sites and many stores. I appreciated not having carpeting in the rooms. Facilities in the rooms are very modern and comfortable. There is no dressers like most NA hotels. There are no sheer curtains so if you want privacy while in you’re room, your curtains need to be shut. Hotel is in a historic building therefore not your standard hotel entrance/lobby. I found breakfast option very expensive. I wanted just a cup of coffee in the morning so I bought my coffee from several vendors just across the street. Free internet was very efficient. Ps: great Turkish restaurant down the street. Tipping is about 5% at restaurant.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2017

Will return.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Faster free wifi rather than having to upgrade to an expensive fast version.

Excellent quiet room. Clean. Great location. Good restaurant & breakfast downstairs.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2017

Great location and value.

Room had very little space so keeping 2 big pieces of luggage made it hard to move around.

Perfect location nearby UBahn. Parking was very convenient. Great restaurant and coffee places nearby.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2017

Not worth the money at all.

We are so disappointed with the hotel - the size of the room was like a box. The shower was within the room, so no privacy what so ever. There was enough room to hang up 2 jackets and nothing else. From the pictures it looked like it would be really spacious but it was anything but. Extremely upset in all of it.

The bar staff were chatty and friendly.

• Reviewed: October 6, 2017

Nice hotel, try to get a bigger room.

I must have gotten the smallest room in the building. It was tiny and cramped. It did not match the photos or my expectations but the hotel was full so they could not change it as I was informed at time of check-in.

Location and design were good, comfortable.

• Reviewed: October 4, 2017

Good Breakfast.

Good Breakfast. good and big baby cot. clean room and kind staff. Best of Best is location. this was located in next building from Kadewe. and also only 10 min walk from Berlin Zoo.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2017

Handy to the Kurfurdestamm and reasonably easy for anyone (except me) to find by car.

The hotel interior reminded me of an operating theatre - white and clinically clean. No problem there. The bedroom was similarly clinical, with a very odd layout that I have never seen elsewhere. But it worked OK.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2017

Short but sweet

Pillows were too soft, was just like lying on the mattress, one of the duvet covers came off and revealed a very grubby make up stained duvet underneath.

Fab location, friendly staff, room had everything we needed.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2017

Very good
    • Deluxe Double Room

The shower is open to the room with no door so it feels kind of awkward to take a shower if you traveling with your children especially if they are teenagers.

The location of the hotel is very good. The room was clean and comfortable they even put a bed and clean bowls with water for our dog. Friendly staff and nice atmosphere.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2017

Weekend in Berlin

The room was really small (different from the pictures) and when I arrive there was no space to park my car so I had to park in KaDeWe for 25 euros a night. The hotel should have mentioned that the number of places was limited. I can't say that I was really impressed.

The hotel is really well located with easy access to public transportation and stuff polite and caring.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2017

Would stay there again :-)
    • Suite

Too white room for my taste :-) Maybe it needed a couple of coloured finishing touches, to make it perfect :-)

Nice comfortable room, which had a nice seating area with 2 armchairs. Clean spaces and very friendly and polite staff. Close to the city centre, underground stop, just around the corner.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2017

Location, reception
    • Deluxe Double Room

It was a disappointing experience. We were expecting a 4 star hotel, but what we saw is far from that! Too many rooms, gym is not as good as it says on the website. Breakfast is ok but with few options. Restaurant in the hotel is too expensive for the type of food. Rooms are not comfortable, open shower which led to water on the floor and bed and room smelled cigarettes. Couple bed is actually 2 single beds (serious? In a "4star hotel?). The additional bed was not comfortable at all.

Location, reception

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Perfect location, helpful staff, great breakfast, quiet...

Parking fee 20€ per day may sound like daytime robbery, but I was lazy to find street/parking house alternatives as well... Parking itself is good, in hotel backyard, not in the garage as usually. For sure, even blonds can park there without any damages :-).

Perfect location, helpful staff, great breakfast, quiet street!

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

Elegance meets Japanese minimalism and it works!

just smaller things: breakfast can get very busy and loud and the egg refill for the scrambled eggs were not so smooth. on our last day there were not any scrambled eggs, but thats okay, we tried something else. a heads up: if you have to share a room with someone you are not comfortable with getting very intimate -the sink, mirror and shower, so the entitre bathroom except for the toilet iis in the middle of tge room and cannot be separated at all - then give it another thought before booking here a standard room to avoid surprises or disappointment.

we liked the whole experiene: the standard hotel rooms are renovated in a Japanese minimalist style which is something we really like- the white environment matched with the special light brown colors. the layout of the room we stayed in had an interesting but very practical layout, very functional well thought through and you can intuitively use the same desk space as bathroom, desk to plan your day, or as a dining table. the design is overall a nice mix of an elegant and historical jazz culture house and a minimalist contemporary style catering for the younger and hipster generations in a fantastic building!! the breakfast was great with a wide selection of typical German bread and all the great 4-star breakfast offerings of hot and cold sweet and savoury dishes: omlette and fried eggs on demand, smoked salmon, cottage cheese, special cold cuts, typical egg salad, joghurts, chopped fresh fruit, jams, cereals, whatever you like. specialties included some vegetarian spring rolls, meat balls, thuringers, and fresh fruit and vegetable juices (carrot, orange). there were some tables with chairs close to the windows and lots of community tables with benches. Again the same mix of elegant and contemporary design.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

Good location and nice staff

My first impression in the hall don´t judge the hotel right otherwise. Where is the flowers for an example? There is a shop just near by. Transfer to Tegel was a Little bit tricky but we solved it with apps.

Well equiped hotel with good facilities. Garden were excellent. Bartender was very good and staff at the front desk brilliant. we salute even the cleaning personal. Intresting with shower in the room and i am an electrician found some interesting solutions.... We loved the gym and special the green apples ;-) there. I suggest you think otherwise how you pricing your room on Booking.com then all the other hotels make breakfast as 20 Euro and you only 5Euro. You gonna incrase a lot your occupancy grade to this fine hotel. Mail me and i told you more. Interesting history.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2017

Clean but small and poor facilities

The room was super small, no separate bathroom, the shower booth was basically in the room. Speaking of the shower: it didnt stay at one temperature, but kep fluctuating between warm and cold.. The wifi was also not usable because it was so slow.

The room was clean and the breakfast was ok

• Reviewed: July 26, 2017

Late check-out and breakfast, wonderful breakfast itself.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Late check-out and breakfast, wonderful breakfast itself. Excellent location in the center. Fun: this is the first hotel I visited where bathroom is located in the room - literally in the room with no walls and doors :)

• Reviewed: July 25, 2017

Great location, service, and nicely decorated, efficient rooms. Definitely a value for the money!

There was only one outlet near the bed that we could find. It would be nice if there was one on either side of the bed.

Customer service was extra friendly and check-in was buttery smooth. They were happy to store our bags free of charge and let us take free apples from a lobby bowl as we left the property. The room was small, but efficient. The windows were very large, letting in nice light and had a nice three section curtain. The climate controls worked very well in the room and it was a relief after a hot and humid day walking in Berlin. The bed was very comfortable, with large blankets and huge soft pillows. The arrangement of the hotel around the central courtyard restaurant made for nice lighting and views around the whole building. It was also only a ten minute walk to the Charlottenburg shopping district, and about the same to the nearest U-Bahn underground train line.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2017

Getaway

They held £40O as a deposit on our card then we still had to pay the bill on top. It still has not been release. Plus there was a Berlin tax that was added too. This should be highlighted when booking.

Location was perfect

• Reviewed: June 9, 2017

Great hotel, great value

Rooms and hotel in some areas was lacking a little personality. But that's a small tradeoff for the price. Still definitely worth it!

Room was bright and clean. Easy location to stay in. Hotel staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Very lovely place to stay.

• Reviewed: June 7, 2017

3 days in Berlin

The room felt quite cramped, it's this interesting open floor layout but there is not much room from the counter to the shower, quite a squeeze.

Staff were incredibly friendly. Answered all my questions with a smile and they were happy to help/

• Reviewed: May 19, 2017

The building is a beautiful Art Deco building.

The building is a beautiful Art Deco building., it's as lovely inside as out. The rooms are compact but clean and bright with high ceilings ad huge windows so it doesn't feel smal.. it's in brilliant location, close to great shops and restaurants and the zoo. The outside area is very decadant, very shoreditch/Ibiza chic. Loved it and it was so reasonable too.

• Reviewed: May 10, 2017

Never again.

Atmosphere, design of the Hotel is not my style. It's too simple and comfortless absolutely not cozy. It was a relief to leave it. Based on the impression of my room I wouldn't give four stars for the Hotel. During the reservation I made a mistake. I reserved a room for two instead of one and without breakfast and at a "can not be cancelled" rate which I was not aware of. It was my fault, a momentary laps of reason without a question. When I realized it 6 days before due I tried to save the situation. But after a long and meaningless discussion with a staff from reservation the Hotel couldn't help me either to cancel nor to change my reservation to a smaller room with breakfast. I can accept it, I made the reservation badly. Still I believe that a premium Hotel can do something in a such a situation 6 days before the due date to please its customer.

Location. Nothing else.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2017

Great, refurbished hotel

Weird shower - you have no privacy, of course, that's an issue if you are not a couple.

Awesome value for money, a professional hotel. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2017

The bed was comfy.

The gym was not well maintained and not fully equipped. The room was slightly too small once the windows were opened inwards.

The bed was comfy. The staff were polite and helpful

• Reviewed: April 18, 2017

The comfort and cleanliness of the room, the professional,...

It's quite expensive for food and drink.

The comfort and cleanliness of the room, the professional, friendly & efficient staff and the building itself.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2017

We traveled with our dog and the hotel put a bed, water and...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The shower is in a strange location in the room. It's a little annoying if you are staying with your kids in the room.

We traveled with our dog and the hotel put a bed, water and food bowls, a card with all what was needed to know regarding his stay and I must say it was so overwhelming how they welcomed our dog. The hotels location is great and the stuff where very friendly. It was clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2017

Great building, cool rooms, perfectly located

Room was small. Only two staffs doing check-in and out at such a big hotel. It took both times a bit waiting time. But: I loved the hotel so much I did not care :-)

A somewhat extraordinary hotel. Could well turn out to be one of my favorites in Berlin. Cool layout. And just so close to the West Berlin shopping mile and sights. Loved it.

• Reviewed: March 13, 2017

Pillows are really bad - You fall right through - and...

Pillows are really bad - You fall right through - and breakfast is too expensive - I felt I had to go out to eat it due to the high price. Too bad as all other things were GREAT!

• Reviewed: March 13, 2017

Ellington_Berlin 2017

No Amenities Too White No Security. Anyone can enter the Hotel, and go up to the rooms. They need to put proper blinds as these ones are very far from complete darkness.

Location Bed

• Reviewed: February 18, 2017

Best location possible for liasure not for Business

The room does not have amenities for business. I had to buy a table to work on for another extra 15 Euro, but did not have a connection to electricity. The internet is slow and if you like you can purchase extra speed. The facility is old and I could feel it.

Location, location , location. great breakfast

• Reviewed: January 13, 2017

Convenience and History in Berlin

Our room was rather small, but larger rooms are available and although breakfast was very good, it was a bit expensive at 20€.

If you like shopping, the Ellington is the perfect hotel for you. It's right around the corner from the KaDeWe, as well as a myriad of shops. It is also not far from the U-Bahn stop at Wittenbergplatz, so you can be anywhere in Berlin in no time. In addition to its convenient location, the building that houses the Ellington Hotel is beautiful and historical. Built in the 1920s and famous for the musicians who played there, the Ellington makes for a very special place to stay in while in Berlin. Ask the helpful staff at the reception desk for information on the building's history in both English and German. We will definitely be returning to Berlin and of course staying at the Ellington when we do.

Browse Ellington Hotel Berlin Traveler Photo Gallery