Reviews of Erlanger Hof This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Erlanger Straße 4, 12053 Berlin, Germany

#347 of 579 hotels in Berlin

Very nice and price worthy hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very nice and price worthy hotel. The hotel rooms were not faced directly to the street so we were able to sleep well without disturbance from traffic. Very comfortable beds. Just a few hundred meters from shops and cafes, U-Bahn etc. (We didn’t have breakfast at the hotel)

Very nice and quiet place, nice personell, good value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

Position of the hotel is perfect, it is not in the city centre, but it is only 2 minutes walking distance from subway station, from where you can get anywhere. It is also next to the big shopping centre. Around the hotel, there are numerous restaurants and places for a quick cheap meal. Personell is very kind and helpful, they are ready to assist 24/7, breakfast is perfect. The street is quiet, with very little trafic.

Good, basic hotel for a short stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Pillows, very flat and fluffy, no support whatever. But the mattrass was comfy.

The room was dated but clean, beds comfortable, only pillows not. Great for a short stay.

A gem of a hotel in an area oozing charactor. There are buses and trains easily accessed close by.
    • Double or Twin Room

We didn't specify we wanted someone to give us room service, daily someone would come in and just kind of move stuff around but not actually tidy. We found this funny but we would have rathered no chamber maid service. The gentlemen on reception were friendly and nice to deal with, the lady upon chdcking out was not friendly and cold. Prepare for a little walk of around 700m to 1km for great food. Pillows were lumpy but not a big deal.

We were pleasently surprised with the hotel, the area the hotel is in has a lot of charactor and we loved it. The room was very modern, bed was comfortabl but pillows were lumpy. We could have tried to exchange them but it was not a massive deal. We loved how close the hotel was to Fshain and Kberg and the prices reflect not being central in this areas but easily accessed

Great value and home base for exploring cool neighborhoods in Berlin.

Lobby was a little outdated but that was it.

The room was much bigger and nicer than I anticipated. I was close to some really great options for brunch and dinner and walked to explore kreuzberg nearby.

Big room, comfortable bed and a fridge!
    • Comfort Double Room

The TV had the usual channels that German hotels have, but one entertainment channel in English would have been great!

The bed was comfy and I really appreciated having a fridge!

A fine hotel in an authentic location, no non-personal hotel chain.
    • Double or Twin Room

Although the towels were washed, there were traces of makeup on one of them. I placed it on the floor so that I get a clean one but the cleaning person put it back on the rack. The towel was replaced only the second day.

The room was very spacious with a sitting area which was very comfortable. It was also nice to have a kettle in the room. The hotel is well located with a walking distance to 3 metro stops (two lines). A big shopping centre is just next door. Within 10-15 min walking distance, there are many good places to eat.

for short stay good enough
    • Double or Twin Room

television screen very small .. not a lot of channel choice no place to put shower-gel/shampoo when taking a shower rooms on 5th floor might have a terrible smoke stench

Would stay again
    • Double or Twin Room

The court yard is like an echo chamber for noise, yet it is a quiet hotel in a reasonably quiet location, so the slightest noise in the yard seems really loud.

Wanted to stay an extra hour after check out and they let me do so, which was good of them.

Beautiful large room with 2 huge windows.
    • Double or Twin Room

Beautiful large room with 2 huge windows. Emaculaty clean and within easy reach of several U-bahns. Interesting up and coming area. Supermarket and a nice Italian restaurant across the road. Everything you need.

Perfect place in the middle of Neukölln
    • Comfort Double Room

During one night there was some noise (a party) nearby.

Central position in the neighborhood. Relatively quiet, clean and enough space. Good breakfast. Cheap parking.

I was overall very happy with my stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Upon entering the room, the heating had been turned off and the window wide open. The room was very cold, which was a bit unpleasant given we've been travelling for 10 hours that day and couldn't wait to relax. We turned the heating on and took a hot shower, by which time the room temperature was good. As a recommendation, maybe for next time the staff should close the windows, etc. and modify the room temperature to moderate.

I was overall very happy with my stay. The room was clean, the location was good and the breakfast and coffee were delicious.

Good location, but too pricy for its value.
    • Comfort Double Room

The evening staff wasn't very corporative. Me as a customer was standing in front of him and asking him about my room temperature and he kept answering the phone and ignored our conversation, i left.

The morming staff was very helpful. Room was big enough. Location is good too.

An ideal location for visiting in that area and easy to get to.
    • Double or Twin Room

I like to have tea and milk in the room. There was a kettle but minimal teabags and no milk! Other than that was perfect.

Comfy beds, really warm room, spacious.

I have stayed at Erlanger Hof on several occasions and it never fails to please.
    • Double or Twin Room

room seemed to have been recently refurbished. Very comfortable and warm beds. Ideal sized bathroom with very responsive heating and masses of hot water. Very good breakfasts which finish at 10.30.

Thoroughly enjoyable with good access to all major tourist sites.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was no milk on the teatray,however the restaurant gladly gave us some milk for our tea on request.

Clean, warm and quiet rooms with welcome tray and complimentary water. Easy to get to from airport using public transport and well signposted from U~Bahn. Plenty of shops and eating places in the vicinity. Good location and easy to get to main tourist sites. The staff were friendly and we were able to leave our luggage there after checkout all day and enjoy another full day in Berlin and pick up our luggage en route to the airport.

The hotel was far too costly for the substandard accommodations and experience.

The internet stopped working, and the fact was denied by the desk agent. No one offered to help. The pillows were beautiful, but not at all supportive.

The reason I liked the view from my room was because the windows faced a wall, offering me complete privacy. If I stay at this hotel again, I'll request the same room.

It was great and you have to expect some graffiti and grittiness in Berlin anyway surely?
    • Double or Twin Room

The local area wasn't the nicest but as I grew up in East London and rarely stay in the posh end of town on my travels it really didn't bother me at all. The lift at the hotel wasn't the biggest and at busy times you might wait a while but again, no dramas if you are laid back like me.

The journey from the airport was ok enough, S Bahn into town then U Bahn to hotel. Hotel was only a few minutes walk from two separate U-Bahn stations. To get into the town centre was never more than thirty minutes travel. The room was lovely enough, spacious with an en suite shower and toilet, no bath. We travelled because I was running the Berlin Marathon and it was ideally located for the start/finish and the Expo. We also found a lovely local restaurant literally only metres away, Monte Cristo.....the food was great and the prices were so so reasonable....I would have expected to pay double....very friendly staff too.

Great location but should pay attention to beverage facilities
    • Comfort Double Room

Frustrating that coffee and stirrers used on the first day were never replenished, and when more coffee requested on 3rd day one sachet was given with no spoon or stirrer. The hotel invested a lot in changing/straightening the linen each day (not necessary from environmental sustainability perspective) rather than small but significant comforts - to make a proper cup of tea or coffee each day.

Great location and spacious room; well heated for temperature regulation

good hotel in a good position.
    • Double or Twin Room

The one thing we found the pillows were too soft and my partner left with a bit of a neck ache. I would recommend requesting another pillow ;-)

The Erlanger Hof is situated in a great position. Spacious room with free wifi. Friendly helpful staff. All in all a good stay.

All in all good!
    • Quadruple Room

The hotel itself is nice but some small things could have been better for the price we payed. The toilette (not shared) wasn't possible to lock, which wasn't a problem for us, but since this isn't the cheapest alternative to stay in Berlin - I would at least expect that.

The location of this hotel is really nice since it's in the center of Neukölln and just a short walk from Kreuzberg with all it's restaurants and bars. The area feels safe and it's only a 20€ taxi ride away to all the main clubs like About Blank, Salon Wilden Renate, Berghain etc. For us (a group of three people) who needed somewhere to sleep in beetween clubbing and sightseeing, this hotel was perfect. After the check out we were able to leave are luggage in the reception with out any extra fees until we had to catch our flight. Would definitely stay here again.

Quite and clean place in the middle of one of Berlins most unique districts.
    • Double or Twin Room

There is nothing particularly negative I could think of right now.

Nice little hotel in the middle of Neukölln with good connections to the metro system of Berlin. The room was clean and well equipped. Additionally, the staff was really friendly and helpful. If you are looking for breakfast, the offered one at the hotel has great value for money with everything you can wish for.

Convenient location and simple charm

WiFi was not working at all in the room. Guests had to connect to the internet in the hotel lobby. This made it very difficult and inconvenient for me, as I could only communicate over WiFi. When I travel internationally, it is VERY important to be able to map out my destinations and contact others through email, FaceTime or WhatsApp from my room. Hof Erlanger advertises WiFi in all the rooms but that was not the case during my stay.

Hof Erlanger is conveniently located to public transportation in a hip area, dining, cafes and nightlife.

Clean, friendly place.
    • Double or Twin Room

Showers were tiny and slippery...being very careful they can work.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfasts were good. We liked our stay of 4 nights there. Price to value was good.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Very nice conveniently located hotel if staying in Neukolln

Could have given me another bottle of water and coffee sachets to replace those I consumed on the first day.

They carried my rather heavy suitcase up to my room and down again.

Would not stay here again unless desperate

Men at reception were not welcoming and irritated when asked questions. In fact one of them was not honest with me about the safe in my room. He told me to use my room # as the code, which of course is ridiculous because anyone would be able to open it. The directions by the safe are in German but I figured out how to put in my own code. Also the Wifi password is not secure. The men at the front desk did not seem to want to get up to be helpful like show me to my room when I checked in since you have to follow painted foot prints on the outside to an elevator. BTW you have to walk past smokers (outside) to get to and from your room. Breakfast was adequate but overpriced at almost 10 euros. The dining room is a bit bleak. The bed was quite low. The mattress was firm which I prefer.

I liked the heated tile rack. Hotel is convenient to the U-Bahn. The room and bath were clean.

Good Location, Very Satisfactory
    • Double or Twin Room

I cannot recall anything of any importance that I could criticise. I could suggest one thing, though, that would have helped us. King George Hotel in Prague, Bedford Hotel in Brussels and Hotel Elysa Luxembourg in Paris all provided a small refrigerator in our room, but everywhere else we stayed, this was not provided. It was helpful to have a fridge in our room.

The Breakfast was excellent and included a good range of hot and cold foods. It could only really be improved by being included in the room rate. One feature seen here, as at almost all providers of accommodation in Australia, where I live, and not seen almost everywhere else we stayed, is tea and coffee making facilities. Don't these other providers of accommodation in Europe realise that if tea and coffee-making facilities are not provided in rooms, guests must pay for all the tea and coffee they consume at café prices?

great location in a lively area, next to the U-bahn...
    • Double or Twin Room

great location in a lively area, next to the U-bahn station and Kreuzberg district. spacious, clean room with comfy beds. staff were very friendly and helpful. very good value for money.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Ok, but not for light sleepers.
    • Comfort Double Room

The beds were way too bouncy and sliding away from each other. The tiniest move my boyfriend made felt like an earthquake. A weird waterpipe noise and beeping at all times. Pillows too thin. If you are a light sleeper, this might be an issue. Issues connecting to wifi on apple products, but ok on android.Very little to choose from at breakfast, even though it was pretty pricey.

We had a fridge in our room and a lot of extra space for a table with chairs forming a sort of "salon" area.The bathroom was clean.

Decent
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff weren't very helpful in recommending places to go. Also cleaning staff very loud very early in the morning which kept me awake

Got what we paid for. Overall nice room, big enough and near the stations

Comfortable with friendly staff but the breakfast is not recommended
    • Double or Twin Room

The Breakfast was terrible (for 8,50 p.p) Value for money was not acceptable. It was as if we were eating in a canteen

The rooms were comfortable Friendly Staff

Good Hotel next to a mall but not central
    • Double or Twin Room

Price is high for such a hotel in a suburb area far from center even though there is a shopping center right next to it.

Clean rooms, nice professional staff, rooms were a bit far, have to go outside to take the lift which was a bit weird, didn't try the breakfast and the rooms were big enough.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Comfortable hotel.Excellent value for money.

Apart from being away from the centre-beyond the control of the establishment-there was nothing to dislike. However, Alexanderplatz is but 20 minutes away by metro.

Overall a very comfortable mid-range hotel and great value for money Room was large, generously furnished and well maintained. Breakfast exceeded my expectations and the person on duty ensured all was in order re the buffet's offerings which equaled that to be found in more expensive establishments. Staff were friendly and helpful.metro but a few minutes away.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

OK for one night...

Although booking said the parking is in the area of hotel for free, it is not the case. The parking is next to the hotel in a shopping center for 2 euros /day. The breakfast was ok, but the vegetable was not fresh.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Cozy hotel close to Ubahn

The towels might be newer... They were clean but looked very old.

Location is very good, just next to the Ubahn station (less than 5 mins walk). There is also a shopping centre and supermarket on the way. The room was quite spacious and clean. The electric kettle was pretty useful. The Neukoeln area looked quite nice and entertaining also, but I didn't have much to enjoy it.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Nice place to stay for a few nights.

The bathroom is built for giants. For instance, the mirror was so high that I could not see myself in it, although I am not a midget ! Not enough hangers.

Very cosy, nice and clean, and very quiet.

Lovely, clean hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Great location and the room was very clean... staff was very friendly! You just need better pillows

Lovely, clean hotel

Stay was comfortable but amenities could have been better considering the price 125€

No fan in the room. No coffee maker. No mini fridge for our daughters milk. No ironing board or iron.

Clean bed and no disturbance from staff.

Good for budget

Towels smell filthy

Serenity and location

Quiet and calm place with nice atmosphere
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was a bit dirty.

Quiet and calm place with nice atmosphere

Good value for money and clean.

nothing.

Good value for money and clean. Stairs would be an issue for some as there was no lift.

Turned up at midnight, easy check in meant quickly to bed.

Turned up at midnight, easy check in meant quickly to bed.

Attitude of staff was not good.
    • Double or Twin Room

Attitude of staff was not good. Seemed bit arrogant.

Hotel is in a nice location, nicely decorated with very friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bright clean, well equipped room.

Very convenient well located hotel with super nice staff

Calm, cleanness, warm reception by the hotel staff

Everyone really friendly hotel clean and close to the event...
    • Double or Twin Room

Everyone really friendly hotel clean and close to the event I was in Berlin for room comfortable would highly recommend and using it again next year

Just Great

Great :)

Receptionist did not speak English

Receptionist did not speak English

Very good value for money in Berlin

Quite tiny bathroom

Clean and silent room, parking at 2€ per day next to the hotel, very kind staff. Good value for money for short stays in Berlin!

Easy and comfortable
    • Comfort Double Room

Friendly greeting and everything I needed in the room!

Great hotel with friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel is located right beside a shopping center and a U-Bahn stop.

Nice hotel in a handy suburban location
    • Double or Twin Room

Twin beds pushed together is not the same as a double bed.

Large room, well-furnished

gut

X

Location and sauberheit

Comfortable and homel in a handy position
    • Comfort Double Room

The room was spacious and comfortable with a fridge and kettle. The hotel was situated close to shops and a U Bahn station.

Staff helpful and room comfortable
    • Double or Twin Room

Close to underground train station

Comfortable and homely in a very handy position to shops and restaurants
    • Comfort Double Room

The breakfast was great, plenty of choice and a lovely breakfast room. U Bahn station just around the corner.

Breakfast overpriced and disappointing

Breakfast overpriced and disappointing

Been before we like Berlin

The cleanliness

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Good location, very east Berlin.
    • Double or Twin Room

A bit far from those clubs...

Good location, very east Berlin.

Clean and modern room

Clean and modern room

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Nice breakfast bad pillow

The pillow

Good choice if you dont need to be in the center.
    • Double or Twin Room

Not in the center but close to the underground. Bed was comfortable.

Comfortable stay for a reasonable price.

Beds were comfortable. Room was warm. Breakfast was tasty.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Location, price, we didn't need breakfast

Location, price, we didn't need breakfast

Clean room with excellent location. Also quiet as it backs onto its own small courtyard
    • Double or Twin Room

The lift was temperamental. The beds were firm.

Scrambled eggs were delicious

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Good hotel

No bath, no bar!

Clean and tidy

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Nice place overall

It's not a 5 star hotel (which is ok for the price I think)

The staff were really nice. It was freezing outside but the place was warm

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Location and room facilities.

Location and room facilities. The employees were polite and helpfull.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Handy location at a good price
    • Comfort Double Room

No air conditioning, terrible pillows.

Handy location, friendly staff speak English, clean room.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Helpful staff.

Helpful staff. Great location.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Simple clean rooms, excellently located for what we we doing.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed and pillows a little soft for me.

Simple clean rooms, excellently located for what we we doing.

Excelent staff, Super value & great location!

The bed could be more comfy.

Okay
    • Quadruple Room

Cleanliness

Good location, quiet clean comfortable hotel.

The pillows are way too soft.

Staff were very nice and breakfast was really good. The best scrambled eggs I've ever eaten at a hotel.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Excellent room, great location, very nice staff
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff could speak a bit more english

Excellent room, great location, very nice staff