Reviews of Hotel Europa Life 3 stars

Baseler Str. 17, Gutleutviertel, 60329 Frankfurt/Main, Germany

#19 of 221 hotels in Frankfurt/Main

• Economy Double Room

The hotel is very clean and recently renovated. The rooms are not very big, but for a short stay or business trip it's fine. The shower is very good and well equipped. But maybe the best part of the hotel is the breakfast. eggs, ham, salmon, pastry, cheeses, jams... all you can imagine, and a good coffee. The staff is very helpful and friendly.

• Economy Single Room

Very kind staff. The hotel is close to the Hauptbanhhof (main train station). Many thanks to the receptionist from India (I apologize, but I forgot his name). He was so friendly and kind!

• Economy Single Room

I stayed in this hotel at the last leg of my Eurotrip, and it exceeded my expectation! The room is small yet cosy, the mini bar (with beer!) is available for free, the internet is fast and the staffs are so friendly. I will definitely stay here again if I am back in Frankfurt.

• Economy Single Room

nothing - the hotel was probably the best I've stayed at in this price range.

I'm really happy to review this hotel, which I thought was incredibly good value for what I paid. The room was very comfortable - on the busy street but quiet with the windows closed and cool with the a/c on a 30 degree day. The amenities provided by the hotel were exceptional- from the 10am check-in time to the lovely breakfast. There are other areas of Frankfurt I like much better but for when I want to be by the station, I'd be delighted to stay here again.

• Economy Double Room

The smallest room we stayed so far. Just a glass panel between room and bathroom.

Clean room. Very good location. Friendly staff. Checked us in early. Good breakfast.

• Standard Single Room

More variety of food in the breakfast could be introduced. The breakfast had a very limited option of food items.

I booked in this hotel reluctantly as there was no space in other hotels. But this was an amazing experience during the 15 days I stayed there. Ria at the reception received me when I checked in and she was unbelievably supportive and courteous. The staff was friendly in attitude and remained very supportive throughout. The reception staff and breakfast staff was great and took really good care. I would really recommend this hotel which has a reasonable price too.

NIL

Near to train station and able to check in early. Friendly and helpful staff. Room is cleaned with free mini bar. Breakfast is very good, will stay again for next visit.

• Economy Single Room

My room was a bit on the tighter side. Not a huge deal. But if you're traveling with company definitely go for a bigger room.

Great location. Good value for money, clean facilities.

• Economy Double Room

There is nothing we did not like about this place but only one suggestion will be it would have been better if the room was well lit. At day time there was no problem as the room was facing the sun but at night we felt that light intensity is little dim. Otherwise everything is perfect.

Staff are really good and helpful.

• Economy Single Room

Room a little bit small, quite noisy when open window (face a busy street).

Close to the train station, good wifi, has coffee/tea maker, free water in the minibar, good breakfast, nice stuff.

• Economy Double Room

No tea coffee set and no electric pot in the room for my latest staying.

Location and friendly staff during my stay and also nice breakfast. Very convenient location but some homeless people outside hotel's area. Very freindly and very helpful staffs. Free binibar

• Economy Twin Room

You can see the person inside the bathroom from the room. The location is weird. It is close to the station, so that is great. But, it is right in the "Red Light District" so sometimes it was pretty scary to walk there (even during the day)

The room was clean. It is pretty small but good enough if you are going to spend the day outside.

• Economy Double Room

There was like a party going on on the loby and on the restaurant which made it unconfortable and when we got back we were outside the hotel because there were so many people just on that party and while we were in the street in front of the hotel deciding if we wanted to go back in or what else we could do a drunk german old guy passing by grabbed my friends but and it was the worst experience ever, and she was shouting and no one did anything or cared. We just wanted to leave Frankfurt, it is such a pretty city but at the same time it has too many drugs and prostitutes and horrible things all in one same area.

The breakfast was really nice and we arrived really early and as soon as the room was ready they gave it to us. It was alright

• Economy Single Room

Full glass frontage with full sun in the morning heated the room like a sauna. On the main road so is naturally noisy.

Clean and great Location near the station. Good breakfast.

• Economy Double Room

Our room was very small BUT asked if we could have a bigger room and this was done without problem or extra cost.

Breakfast was great, the fried eggs were delicious (must be free range). Our room was really big and the mini bar is free and replenished when the room is cleaned! Great.

The rooms were very small, very difficult for two people to get ready in the morning at the same time, I suggest a tag team option.

The hotel was handy for the station and had a great breakfast.

• Economy Double Room

The room it’s small but with the free mini bar you forget it

It’s location was excellent, we could begin walking from the hotel and all the interest places were nearby Free mini bar it’s the best

• Economy Single Room

Comfortable, Friendly staff as usual.Stay here for a great deal and never be dissapointed. Got an early check in and late check out even with an offer of breakfast on first day. Cant beat that. Keep it up management.

• Economy Double Room

The only thing I did not like was the bathroom door in our hotel room, which didn't close properly.

I loved everything about this hotel : the staff was really friendly and made me feel really welcomed there, breakfast was amazing, minibar was free, which was really nice. Everything was clean and just so cozy.

• Economy Twin Room

The room was decievably smaller than it looked on the website and the noise level was terrible, I barely slept!!

Staff were very helpful and the breakfast was delicious. It was also very clean. Loved that the mini bar was included in the price!

• Economy Single Room

Staff is a bit rude. Quite an unfriendly batch of people, couldn't care less whether you exist or not. My room card wasn't working properly and had to be replaced twice. Very poor breakfast. There was a bit of misunderstanding with the payment. While Booking.com told me that I prepaid for the room, the reception still charged me the whole amount at check out. I am waiting for the printed bank statements to see what's happening.

Very clean, minutes away from the train station.

• Economy Double Room

Our room was at front of hotel and we had a lot of noise from busy main road.

Very comfortable, very clean. We were upgraded to their 4 star and they gave us a free mini bar! Breakfast was good with everything you need and staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is central and right beside station. Trams stop right outside to take you anywhere you choose.

• Economy Single Room

Although there were 3 types of room and the smallest one belongs to the ecconomic type, I expected a little more vacancy for my room at least a place for putting my suitcase or a bigger refrigerator.

The staff behavior was perfect. The diversity and selection choices for breakfast including a minibar makes it awsome.

• Economy Double Room

Everything is great, and extremely good value for money! It has been a long time since we had minibar full with drinks and snacks, all included! Spacious and quiet room, despite the busy location. Staff was great with us.

• Economy Single Room

Do not throw soap that is open for only one day. It's a waste :(

I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness in the hotel, the great selection of breakfast and the willingness of the staff. I recommend this hotel.

• Economy Single Room

Noisy room facing trafficked street. Wouldn't want to use the room with my partner, it was quite small and had a glass toilet door.

Friendly staff. Central location near station, free drinks.

The road outside the hotel was a little noisy (lots of blaring sirens) and there was only one small lift at the hotel.

Room was nicely decorated, with an almost separate sitting area and a second tv. It had all the facilities needed and more, including a hairdryer and a (free!) minibar with beer and soft drinks. A good breakfast is included, with the option to ask for eggs and bacon to order. Friendly staff and conveniently located.

• Economy Double Room

No tissue box in the room but could receive it at the front desk. There are no hair conditioner in the room, so it is better to bring your own if you care about it.

We were happy to find complimentary drinks in the fridge. The room was a bit squeeze but you will find all necessary things in the room. Breakfast was great as well, we did not try but there were some german speaking guests getting some warm egg dishes for their breakfast which we were not aware of. Very helpful staff, convenient for any kinds of transportation.

• Economy Double Room

We had booked 2 rooms and one of the rooms was upgraded. We stayed in the Europa style side. Had a very nice stay. Would definitely go back. And also highly recommend it. Good value for money

Despite being very cold outside, the room was very hot, hotter than the steamy nights we had just left behind in Queensland. Adjusting the air-conditioning made little difference. When I asked at the front desk if the air-con could be adjusted to make the temperature more comfortable, I was told that "most people don't use the air-conditioning" and "If it is too hot, just open the window", which is what I would normally do but not in a room fronting a busy, noisy street. We have stayed there twice previously but I doubt that we will again; indifference seems to have replaced a genuine interest in providing an enjoyable stay.

Excellent breakfasts.

• Economy Double Room

Very convenient to the Hauptbahnhof and large shopping area. Room was comfortable and had a free mini bar. Daybed sofa was perfect for my 3 y/o, meaning I could sleep without being kicked all night. Staff were very polite. Free breakfast was great.

The room is essential.

I have appreciated the breakfast, rich and fresh. Furthermore the position is excellent really near to the central station and tram.

• Economy Twin Room

Twin beds for 2 people, room was small but had all essentials. Can’t beat the price which included breakfast and the beer, soda, and water on there mini fridge!

• Economy Single Room

The shower in room 401 with electirnic switch does not work. We have booked 1 singel room and 1 double room. I have to let my friends in my singel room to take a shower. We asked the staff and followed the guide of him at 3 a.m after the party. But still failed. I forgot to report this when checking out. Please Check the equipment before next guest.

Nice service and very clean room. I have to say, i will still book this hotel at next time. And, we got a up-grade form 3 Stars to 4 Stars

• Economy Single Room

- These time room was too small - Very expensive!! I know was Fair Time in Frankfurt but Price was a rape compare with other times i stay in the same hotel.

- Good Breakfast - Friendly staff - Free Mini Bar

• Economy Single Room

There was a funny smell in the corridors, but I guess it might have just been cleaning liquids or something similar that gave off that smell.

The hotel was in a nice location, close to the Hauptbahnhof, but not too close to the main centre of town. Overall, really nice and clean. Breakfast was good and included in the booking, which is really nice. For the price, compared to other hotels, the fact that breakfast is included and that it's close to the Hauptbahnhof, makes it very good value for money.

• Economy Double Room

Minor issue that there could be more light in the room (it was a bit dark at night), but bathroom was bright enough.

I travelled together with my fiancé for sightseeing and we really enjoyed our stay (3 nights) in Frankfurt. The hotel is modern and has perfect location cca. 3 minutes walk to the main railway station, which has direct connection to Frankfurt Airport (fra) so we did not have to carry the luggage for a long time. Area is ok. The location is also suitable to explore the city, the main square (Hauptwache) is cca. 15-20 minutes by foot, but you can also easily get to the downtown by using the public transport (eg. Tram stop is right in front of the hotel, metro and several s-trains are available at the railway station). The staff are polite and helpful. The room was clean, not too big, but it was completely appropriate for us since we were in town all day long (the room had view of the skyscrapers). Temperature can be adjusted. Bed and the bathroom was super, free wifi was good. Extras: - free mini-bar! - absolutely OK breakfast, which was included in price (loved it) - flat-screen TV (with USB port)

• Economy Single Room

I booked the single room alongside with my co-worker, but due to the staff's explanation "It happens in the hotels", at the time we came to the hotel (around 9pm) we were forced to get a common double room, although at the higher standard. Staff at the receipt assured me, that this room has two separate beds, but at the end they appeared simply to be connected, making it an usual bed for a couple with no space whatsoever to separate them.

The staff indeed tried to improve the situation it faced by offering us a room at the higher standard, but still...

• Economy Single Room

The water tap in the bathroom is one of these automatic devices which is extremely annoying when you shave.

The room was very small but absolutely clean and there was even a free minibar!!! Breakfast is excellent.

• Economy Single Room

Incredibly well designed room with real soap and shampoo not a dispenser on the wall. Very quiet in such a busy location. The room was small but so well laid out that it was possible to sit comfortably and have a desk and two good single beds. The breakfast was excellent and out of the main Messe and business season the price is very attractive.

• Economy Twin Room

Breakfast was overpriced - only had croissants (cold and not fresh), some bread, would recommend getting breakfast elsewhere instead of paying €10.5 for something very simple and no hot food. We arrived on 12/26 and the reception was closed during part of the day, which was not a big deal. However, we emailed in advance to the staff to ask where we could park, and received no answer. We had to risk parking at the handicap space and waited at the door for an hour for the receptionist - wasted an hour of precious sunlight when in winter it’s a total luxury.

Spacious room, kettle in the room, relative proximaty to different attractions, covered parking

• Economy Twin Room

The double room was small and there was no space to walk once we laid out our carry on size suitcase.

Clean and neat. Breakfast has great variety and plentiful. The receptionists were nice.

• Economy Triple Room

elevator is TINY (but a good photo op as the ceiling is mirrored) :)

Beds were very comfortable ... great location, walking distance from train station. Didn't try the attached restaurant but only because we were there just 1 night. Room was spacious - we were 3 (us and our adult son) and he got his own private 'space' which I'm sure he appreciated. Complimentary minifridge was nice.

• Economy Double Room

The location was ideal just beside the train station and the bus from Hann airport. It’s only a lovely 15 min walk from city centre. The staff was very welcoming and friendly . The breakfast was good plenty of choices.

• Economy Single Room

Thank you for warm welcome Very helpful reception staff Very adorable Indian lady at breakfast area Room super clean and functional Everything was perfect

Windows left open

10 stars staff and breakfast,good value for money,looks like 4 5 stars hotel i will definitely recommend it to all friends and family

We found the hotel very comfortable and with an especially good breakfast relative to the size of the buffet area! We'd recommend it to anyone who prefers to stay near the railway station area of Frankfurt.

• Economy Double Room

i didnt like that we were unable to Park the car(no parking Spaces) The room was cold At my arrival ,two Windows were left OPEN

the room was clean modern,10 star breakfast,good value for money,

• Economy Double Room

During rush hours, one can still hear the noise of the traffic on the street fronting the hotel. One needs to be patient because the hotel could not do anything about it as well.

I love its location to the Hauptbahnhof, very accessible. I also like that it is minutes away from good dining establishments, as well as leisurely walk to the Inner City.

• Economy Double Room

Room was tiny - only slightly larger than the double bed. With two people in the room you need to take turns to move around. Nowhere to put luggage out of the way so we were tripping over it all the time. Clear glass door on toilet/shower room faces the bed and there is nowhere else to sit but on the bed. Some people may not be that comfortable with the sights and sounds of their partner's bathroom activities. Noise all day and night from traffic on busy road outside.

Very close to railway station but a good walk from main shopping area and Christmas markets. Efficient and friendly staff. Pleasant continental breakfast. Nice small bathroom with a good shower.

• Economy Single Room

The room is right on the street, which is a little bit noisy. But it's not too bad.

The value for money was amazing--I am shocked how cheap this place was. It was very close to the train station and to the river. The rooms were very nice--a bit small, but perfect for a single person just needing an inexpensive place to stay. The breakfast was good, with helpful service. I definitely recommend.

• Economy Double Room

The fact that the bathroom doors are virtually see through so if you are laying in bed you can see you partner on the toilet unless you sit round the other side so not to be in few. I would suggest nets on the windows as every time I needed the toilet or when we got a shower, we had to shut the main curtains which made the room dark. Or maybe curtains across the bathroom door would be better.

The mini bar, the friendly staff, the bar and the comfortable beds.

The bed

Location was excellent, close to the train station.Staff were very friendly and helpful.Breakfast was really nice, the only thing was that our bed was very hard apart from that, we thorough enjoyed our 2 night stay.

• Economy Twin Room

Fantastic value for money - Room was huge with big comfy beds, big sofa, desk area + safe/fridge. Wardrobe had plenty of space for clothes, long mirror inside too. Bathroom was lovely and modern, lots of space and a big mirror. Shower was brilliant and hairdryer provided. Mini bar was free! Never stayed anywhere with that before and it was a lovely touch - lots of water, cola, fanta and a few beers! Breakfast selection was minimal and area a little cramped but certainly did the job for us. Mainly continental - breads, meats, yoghurt and fruit - juices and coffees too. Location was superb, very close to the river which was a nice route into the old town (15-20 minutes walking leisurely) everywhere is within walking distance - 5 mins from central station, little shop 2 mins away for water, snacks, ATM. We weren't flying home until late at night so we asked if we could keep the room later for a cost. They offered us the room free until 2pm or until 7pm for just 35 euros which was perfect and great value. Just gave us more time to relax and no rush to pack and be out - also got a nap in too! Overall I cannot fault this place, amazing price, service, inclusions, location, staff - all amazing. Would definitely come back here if ever in Frankfurt!

• Economy Twin Room

Honestly the staff were unbelievably friendly. Even when they could see that I was drunk, they still catered to mine and my friends needs with no fuss! They are simply exceptional!

• Economy Twin Room

I booked a twin room and it was actually a very large double bed with two duvets. Not a problem as we are friends as well as colleagues but had it been another colleague... As well as this the bathroom and shower room within the large bedroom (with partial separé in middle of room but nonetheless) had a glass wall. If someone had been watching the tv on the sofa and turned theor head they would see straight into the bathroom. Unfortunately they couldnt change our room as there was no other space. Fabulous hotel and great service though.

Charming service and Amazing breakfast

• Economy Single Room

Nothing. For the ladies: keep in mind that the area is not the safest for us at night. Don’t try your luck, I suggest to take taxis to get back at night, rather than public transport.

Amazing little hotel in an area that is known not to be the best (like in ever city around the central station). But this time I needed to be close the station and it was perfect. Clean, staff amazing, breakfast has everything. Water bottles in the fridge on the room was free of charge- as much as I wanted. And very affordable. All together a little gem!

• Economy Double Room

Small room and the bathroom has only a glass wall partition. Bed was comfortable, breakfast - the usual fare. Very close to the main rail station - Haupbahnhof and only 20 minutes to the Airport.

• Standard Single Room

Would be great to have a kettle in the room with tea and coffee packs

Free minibar, free tea at the reception, breakfast included and very early check-in. All that for a very low price per night. Nice and clean room, a bit small but it has all that is needed there with lots of sockets and lamps at the right places. Wi-fi worked perfectly without breaks. Very close to the station but the area around is quiet.

• Economy Single Room

They had a little problem with ventilation in the bathroom - it smelled like sewer gas was collecting in there.

Convenient location - walking distance from the Frankfurt train station. Efficient staff, good breakfast, compact, comfortable room.

• Economy Double Room

Very friendly staff. Very close to the station and SBahn (300m). Tram right outside the hotel. Busy road but we didn't notice the noise. Very close to the river (good running along river bank). Large room (with 2 televisions??)

• Economy Single Room

Such a central location, this small hotel is perfect as a stopover. Went twice on my trip and both times, very good. Loved the breakfast in the little cafe downstairs - also included hot egg dishes and a nice place, good staff and just fabulous.; Excellent wifi for free.

• Economy Single Room

It's on a busy road. I like the city view,and I don't mind street noise, but some people might - I think you could request a room in the back.

Great location, just a few minutes walk from the main train station, and a few more minutes to the river, restaurants, and museums. Room was small but well organized and very clean. Brand new bathroom.

• Economy Double Room

I thought it was a little pricey. Although cool outside the room was warm so a/c not available. We overlooked the busy main road so with the window open it was noisy.

Convenient to train station and a short walk to old town and walk by the river. Totally free mini bar was a great touch. Room was a little small but well appointed and nice bathroom. Good quality bathroom.

• Economy Triple Room

The way to the hotel may not be recommended for Children.

The room is very spacious and good for three-four person. The bathroom/shower is very new and clean. The beds are very comfy. Breakfast not so many choice but acceptable.

• Economy Single Room

Nothing - it was a good hotel.

A small boutique hotel within walking distance of the train station. They allowed me to check in early which was appreciated. A fabulous little café downstairs serving up a complimentary breakfast as part of your stay - make sure you ask for an omelette or boiled eggs. Very good service in café and in hotel. Going back there for another night on my way through.

• Economy Twin Room

Nothing, maybe the mattress and pillow have ages.

Have complete shower package. In this price, they offer Very generous free mini bar and Very nice breakfast! And we got a free upgrade to bigger room, thanks to the reception lady! Train station just 3 minutes walk.

• Standard Triple Room

Street noise was loud but we also kept the window open because the weather was so nice outside.

Did not have eggs as no one told us that eggs were available. Hard boiled eggs were fine. The breakfast buffet was very nice. The room for three people was excellent. My husband & I had a great double bed & my sister had privacy in her side room.

• Economy Single Room

Sometime you hear noise from street, but in comparison with other hotels noise from other rooms, that's absolutely bearable.

Location, team, breakfasts, beds, clean, free mini bar including chocolate.

• Economy Single Room

They had air conditioning but it had been turned off so we were told we had to open the windows. It was extremely noisy as it is near the public transportation, located right at a major intersection and there were sirens, road noises and people outside the windows for much of the night. The exhaust fumes from the traffic was really unpleasant.

Extremely clean, nice breakfast included, and beverages in a small fridge in the room

• Standard Single Room

The hotel says it has air conditioning, but I assume that only means for the summer time. I was there in September and could only get it to turn on fan or heat. That meant opening the windows which is fine. But this in a LOT of noise from the street. Bring earplugs.

Great breakfast; eggs cooked to order. Comfy bed. Clean room and pretty good size for Frankfurt. Very convenient to the train station.

• Standard Single Room

Room at front overlooking a noisy and fume filled main road . Traffic and Trams all night . Unable to keep window open because of this . Wi-Fi kept going down ... had to go to Reception several times to get new Password .

Staff excellent and very helpful . Room facilities excellent . Free Mini Bar and Coffee etc.

• Economy Double Room

We booked the room for 2 adults and 1 baby, and the hotel accepted our request to add a baby bed in the room. However, when we arrived, the room they gave us was so small that you can't even open your suitcase, let alone adding a baby bed!! We had to put our son on the floor to sleep! I complained to the hotel reception but there was no bigger room available that night. They moved us to a bigger room the next morning. The new room was much bigger and nicer. To be fair, the small room was OK for a solo traveler, the facilities are quite new (however we did find a shoe print on our bed sheet but we were too tired to argue). Make sure that you carefully check the description of the room you book to avoid our hassle, Booking.com 's filter function for choosing how many adults&children are staying is not good enough for this.

location is good, 2 min walk from the main train station, tram lines in front of the hotel.

• Economy Double Room

Room was tiny. AC did not work as filter needed cleaning. Towels fraying. Rack in bathroom broken. Noise from tram could be heard they windowns.

Hotel is good if you need something walking distance to train station. Staff was very nice.

My pet peeve: the functionality of the shower! I was in room 12; shower was very powerful - a plus; but hard to control because the fitting was for a different shower-head. And the shower-door was a bit flimsy - not closing properly; the end result, water everywhere on the bathroom floor. I had to use all the towels to soak up the water. This is an easy fix for the hotel to take care of.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly; you could see that they communicated with each other when changing shifts so you don't need to explain things 5 times! Breakfast was very pleasant. The rooms were very clean and beds were comfortable. The area around the hotel is a bit rough and dodgy - not the place for individuals - male or female - to wander around alone at night; being close to the central train station has its disadvantages.

Browse Hotel Europa Life traveller photo gallery