Reviews of Hotel Falkenturm This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Falkenturmstrasse 3, Altstadt-Lehel, 80331 Munich, Germany

#296 of 349 hotels in Munich

Hotel location is very close to the restaurant, shops, and metro. Hotel is rather small sized so it’s not so busy at all although outside of hotel is very noisy.

- no air conditioning: it was warmer inside than out - elevator only goes to 4th floor, stairs uneven after that - dreadful check in experience

Good location few minutes from the main beer hall and marienplatz

I ate a pudding during breakfast and I found the pudding expiration date has expired 1 week! Among puddings on the table, only my pudding has expired. Fortunately, I was OK. But I ruined my breakfast.

Nothing !

I was traveling alone while my wife was on a business trip. I wanted a hotel close to the Hofbrau House and this hotel is so close you could throw a beer at it. I reserved a single room in the lowest price category but when I arrived, the very friendly woman at the front desk said there were no more of those rooms available so she set me up in the "Apartment" on the top floor with two king-size bedrooms, a balcony, big TV in a living room, kitchen facilities, etc. It was huge and unbelievably awesome and at no additional cost. Although I was just lucky with my experience but the hotel, staff, and location are most excellent in every category.

• Double or Twin Room

Quite Tiny room but good bathroom. Noise is so loud from drunk people who walk through all night. Too near from drinking place. (I stayed for two nights and met this same issue every night.

Not far from walking street. Staffs were nice.

• Double or Twin Room

The room is not very big, but was confortable, and the lights are dim, I guess is part of the ambiance but I like brightly lit rooms better. :)

The staff is great and the hotel has the best location.

Room, bathroom and breakfast room were very small, there was no closet in my room (only a rack and hangers), but my friend‘s room did have a closet.

Very friendly staff, great and central location, the hotel offered everything you need, easy check in and check out, very good breakfast - lots of choice and everything was freshly prepared and tasted great, comfortable bed

• Double or Twin Room

The room was very small and basic not even tea and coffee facilities which even in a basic hotel you would get ..the view was the bin store yard which was very noisy in the the morning.continenal basic breakfast very limited no bar facilities jst a small fridge which you had to ask for drinks lounge never open didn’t feel there was enough safety routes stairs were not visibly marked

Excellent location and the evening receptionist was extra nice

The desk in the room is barely deep enough for a laptop; that's a problem.

Wifi worked well, breakfast was good, location excellent, good shower too.

A few of the staff were rude. Elevator kept breaking. My room wasn’t very clean, and my duvet had a stain on it. The cleaners left cleaning supplies in my room.

• Double or Twin Room

Very tight room. we do not have enough space to open our luggage unless you put it on top of the bed.

The staff were awesome especially Nichole. The location is great and very close to shopping, the main square and to the train station. They have a welcome champagne and the Breakfast exceeded my expectation.

Noisy, walls are thin. My room was right by the elevator. Okay for a night in an otherwise ridiculously expensive city.

Amazing location, right by Maximilianstraße and Marienplatz.

• Double or Twin Room

Very bad hotel. It is very hard to deceive me with the nice photos, as I travel a lot, but this place did. On the site they have very nice photos, but in reality it is completely different. This is the small 'hole' which hardly can be called hotel.

Staff was very good. That was the only bright spot at that place.

• Double or Twin Room

the private car parkings around the hotel are very expensive due to the position, but you can leave it on the street

the man at the reception desk (Nazareno) is very friendly and knows the city very well, the room service also is very kind, the hotel is in the real center you can reach everything by walk, the rooms are small but very nice and clean, the price is great compared to the position

• Double or Twin Room

The toilet door cant close completely and there is no lock to put. The bath tub has nothing to block the water, so there is a bath but you can only shower. I stayed 2 nights but they didnt replace the empty bottle of water.

The location was great with friendly staff.

• Double or Twin Room

Over priced breakfast and the breakfast room is not a nice ambiance.

We did not have breakfast there but strolled a bit and found a lovely local cafe. Much better price and very delicious.

• Double or Twin Room

Exceptionally small rooms. Very noisy area due to late night partying(perhaps on weekends only) across the road. A lot of disturbance until 3am.

Very central located. Easy access to Christkindle market at Marienplatz. Plenty of restaurants available within walking distance. Breakfast is good. Staff overall very friendly. Rooms and bathroom are clean. Lift available which make access to higher floors a lot easier

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Check In one hour late. Then we got 'upgrade' to apartment which was ok, but it was a bit cold ( one noisy heater middle of the room) and water in the shower was lukewarm.

Very versatile breakfast. Location.

Beds were uncomfortable and damaged/sloping at the bottom for some reason. Double room was very small. Bedroom could do with being touched up a bit. Breakfast wasnt the best, minimal selection. Breakfast room was tiny and crammed

• Double or Twin Room

The rooms need a lick of paint and updated, the bathroom needs replacing, the shower curtains are a bit grimy and there are no plugs for the bath or sink. There was no extractor fan and the rooms did smell a bit musty.

Location excellent. Staff very helpful and good breakfast.

The location was perfect for my travel. Cleaning was great. I had understood when booking that rooms are smallish but the bathroom was very good. Good value for money. Practical if you are not spending your time time in the hotel room.

• Double or Twin Room

The wallpaper might give you a migrane!

The hotel has a brilliant location, literally stumbling distance from the Hofbrauhaus and Marienplatz. Rooms are on the small side but clean and comfortable. Good choice for breakfast but was the same everyday. If you're looking for a hotel in a good location to explore the heart of Munich you won't find better value than this.

• Double or Twin Room

The rooms were super tiny which was fine, but the bathroom door wouldn't even close. I was traveling with a friend so it made it pretty awkward. We met a couple at the bar who was also staying at the hotel and they said they had the same issue. Also, when I checked in and went to the room, the maid saw me in the hallway and asked what room I was in, she had to go in first to make sure it was clean which was strange. Also, the view from my room was of dumpsters in an alley way. The front desk closes down at 10pm (i think) so if you need anything after that you are kinda screwed.

The location was incredible. It was with in a few minutes walk to Marienplatz and the downtown area which has tons of bars and nightlife. Also has an amazing bar right downstairs called Pussers which was a lot of fun. The front desk staff was also very friendly and helpful.

The walls were fairly thin. This must be a common complaint as ear plugs were provided. There were dirty cups and a half empty water when I arrived. The staff was a bit abrasive. There were stains on the carpets outside of my door. The boutique could use a bit of updating.

Breakfast was decent with a fairly large selection.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was dark and so tiny we had to make room for one another to pass - and we are small people! Bedside tables were cut from a log, with room only for the very old-fashioned telephone. Bed, pillows and duvets were clean, but lumpy. When we came down to breakfast, there was no place for us to sit, and we drank our coffee in the tiny entrance area. The cost of parking was over €20 - next time I will look for a hotel with an agreement with the garage.

The staff was polite and friendly. We were there to go to the opera, which is a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Fantastic, especially as the weather was unpredictable.

The rooms facing the street can be quite noisy - cars passing and people shouting after the pubs! However this is only a minor thing and wouldn't put me off staying there again.

The staff were really friendly and accommodating - Zadar in particular! Everyone speaks English, a great help to struggling Deutsch speakers! The breakfast was nice and the room was very warm at night. The location is outstanding, a short and safe 2 minute walk to Marienplatz. Also easy to find!

• Double or Twin Room

The lifts sometimes stopped working late a night.

The location was wonderful, very close to Marienplatz and Haufbrauhaus. The facility for late check in was excellent and clearly laid out.

• Double or Twin Room

The entrance is thru an alley. The room request and confirmed was for two beds, there was one. They split the beds apart which barley fit in the room. There was graffiti written on the walls, one bed was crowned in the middle which resulted in falling out twice during the night. The bathroom door didn't close completely, tile missing and black mold behind door. The tub was poured concrete with stone chips for a surface which was uncomfortable on the feet. I asked to cancel the second night as we could not stay there another night. I was told yes but the next morning I was told the person who said that didn't have the authority to make that decision. I was told I would be credited if they could rent a room similar for that night and I would receive an email either way. Guess what, no email so until I check my cc statement, I don't know if I was credited. I cancelled the upcoming reservation online so I assume that went thru ok. The place was so bad we checked out, walked to another hotel nearby and checked in for less money and it was perfect, clean and comfortable. To sum it up, I booked 5 hotels for 9 days. All were absolutely great except for the Falkenturm, which was a dump.

• Double or Twin Room

Our room was not ready for an hour, but the staff are courteous and let us put our bag in the lobby while we venture the town. Wouldn’t be easy for someone who comes from very long haul flight.

The room is cozy and really clean. The location is strategic in the middle of all the high end shopping street. Walk away to everything and also easy access from public transport Marienplatz and tram 19. Also so quiet at night perfect for good night sleep. Bed are comfy too.

• Double or Twin Room

Everything as set out above, wi-fi connection and breakfast and personnel who can't speak proper English are totally unacceptable!!

Nothing every facet of this Hotel from making the booking, reception, breakfast, value for money wi-fi connection ect are very disappointing and not up to standard at all! I will not recommend it to anybody and if someone want to go there I would advice them to rather find another Hotel!

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is small and cosy and tucked just around the corner from all the buzz of the centre of the old city. The Hofbrauhaus is a block away and Marienplatz is a short walk away. Yet in spite of the central location there was little noise at night so we slept well. Our room wasn't fancy (the decor is a bit dated) but it was clean and comfortable and the bathroom was spacious. We'll definitely be back.

The room was t elatively small and a bit "tired" looking. The breakfast was very basic, some choice but not too healthy (many wheat-based products). Price was high for the place, but maybe the Oktoberfest inflation made it more expensive that it should have been. I was expecting more of a boutique hotel given the price paid, but it had more the feeling of an average budget hotel.

Location is good, not noisy. Generally clean.

Room is very basic - you pay for the location, not for the amenities. Wifi logs out frequently, and I had to re-log in several times an hour.

Perfect location - right within walking distance of most major sights in Munich. I was worried about the noise level, being in the city centre, but I had no problems and slept fine. Staff were pleasant.

• Double or Twin Room

Room is tiny, too small for 2 people, Toilet seat dirty, stained, looks unhygienic, runs a long time before it shuts off. Staff is ok but not really friendly

Location was great, Bed was fairly comfortable, not so hard as most European beds

The elevator only worked 1/2 of the time. It is not pleasant to enter the elevator and the doors close and the elevator doesn't move. We told the desk this each day and it was never fixed. Wifi was spotty.

The hotel offered us the appartment for our stay with our two grown children which was great and provided 3 bedrooms for us and a living area.

• Double or Twin Room

Very poor in every aspect. Tiny room, filthy carpet, dirty bathroom, towels with brown marks, no air conditioning, poor Wi-Fi, noisy street...

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Room was missing AC only had manual ventilator This is the only issue that could improved

Breakfast was perfect (all the food was good, healthy and fresh) Accomodation was excelent in all senses.

there was no closet in my room but I was fine with that as I was staying only for the weekend and didn't have much stuff anyways

location is excellent, you can walk everywhere plus the s bahn to the airport is 3 minutes away on foot

• Double or Twin Room

Lift not working late night and 2nd morning so hike up and down stairs to 3rd floor. Breakfast area rather crowded but food ok. Requested on booking early access to room(11-12) but only gained access 2'ish.

Location.My bed was comfy!

No A/C, on a hot summer day is hot. Hotel provides a tiny fans but windows must stay opened. Then there was construction nearby that started at 6am!! Probably need new bed.

Breakfast included, lemon mint infused water available all time, very friendly staff, short walk to Hofbrauhaus area & Marienplatz, surrounded by cute storybook like buildings.

• Double or Twin Room

Could not sleep first night as v. Hot in room,we thought this was to do with exterior temperature, on that night we slept with head at foot of bed oin order to get some air, noticed that carpet in room was actually hot to the touch! Mentioned this to reception and also informed them that as we had already experienced two nights with very little sleep due to the heat and that we would have have this rectified, the reply was that they were sorry but there had been a flood and the heating plus underfloor heating had to be left on to aid the drying out process. On our return later in the day a large air conditioner had been put in the room! The floor was still hot. As we were moving on early the following day we just packed and left at 6 am.

No breakfast, so no complaint. Room adequate if very small, however see below,

• Double or Twin Room

We loved how close the hotel was to Marienplatz and the local restaurants, bars, and public transportation. It's a great value and the staff was accommodating in allowing us to leave our bags at the hotel before check-in.

• Double or Twin Room

Twin room is basically a double room, beds are not separated, so not ideal but also not a big problem.

Location is central, short walk from main square (Marienplatz) and close to Ubahn/Trains. I was only there for a few days and mainly just needed a place to sleep for a few hours each night, and this was perfect for our needs.

• Double or Twin Room

The room had not been thoroughly cleaned when we arrived. Thereafter it was fine. The view was of a trashy alley.

The breakfast was excellent. Lots of variety.

• Double or Twin Room

There is no AC like most places in Germany but the issue is that since you're in an area of the city with a lot of people walking around and going out to the bars and restaurants, opening the windows can be difficult for you to sleep with the noise.

Breakfast was good and the staff was friendly. The rooms are very small but it was fine for only one night. I would not stay longer than 2 days in such a small room. The location was really great!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Although this is no fault of the hotel - the street noise at night was quite loud from people passing by. Just bring earplugs and all will be fine.

Overall great hotel and I would stay there again. The location was perfect.

I didn't like that the bed was exactly to the window. Noisy doors. You can hear when your neighbors are coming in or out.

Location is perfect. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Quiet place in the city center.

• Double or Twin Room

Quite different from the pictures. We booked a room to 2 and there was only one blanket and only one towel. It was clear that they booked the wrong room for us because we saw another big rooms for 2 people in the hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

Service was terrible. Upon entering the property we were yelled at by a staff member in a language we didn't understand (not English or German). We waited for at least 15 minutes before the person at the front desk showed up to check us in. After 2 nights at the property our toilet paper had not been refilled (despite all other aspects of housekeeping being done) - we inquired at the front desk and were met with surprise that this was an issue. Rooms are small but clean

Location was excellent - very centrally located and in an upscale (safe) neighbourhood

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Definitely a small, boutique hotel. Rooms were very small. Very clean and well- appointed, but definitely very small.

Can't beat the location! Right in the center of Old Town, two minutes from Marienplatz, close to every U-Bahn and S-Bahn station.

Insulation of the rooms was minimal so the talking of other guests was very audible. Overall though a minor point

The location was fantastic and the breakfast just fabulous.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

Can only take elevator to 3rd floor so have to walk up 2 floors which was not a big deal to us but if you have heavy luggage or are older, this could be an inconvenience.

Great 3 bdr apt with little private balcony in excellent location. Just perfect for us!

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

1) For the apartment, can only take lift 3 floors and then need to walk 2 flights

1) Location is very central 2) Very friendly staff. Make you feel very welcome 3) Good breakfast

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Rooms were nice but not terribly comfortable.

The location is unmatched for visiting the old town. Only a short walk to the S Bahn and not far from the English Garden. The free breakfast was tasty albeit the breakfast room was a bit crowded. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Nothing of any importance. There was a plastic sheet under the "normal" sheet in the bed and I removed it, so no problem. The room is very small, but comfortable.

The location is fantastic, right in the center, and still very quiet at night. The staff is nice and easy to deal with.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Parking is not easy in the area, avoid parking spaces with blue lines nearby.

The location is amazing, one corner from the big beerhouse. The hotel itself is very small, only a few rooms, but there is an elevator taking you upstairs. There was a bathtub in the room. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was good as well.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The location is ideal for exploring the centre of Munich. The staff all spoke excellent English and were really polite and helpful. The bed was really comfy and I thought it was really good value for money compared to others I looked at. Lots of choice for the continental breakfast.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Very basic small room, no desk to work at just a shelf, no kettle, very small safe you needed a key from reception, very small room. I think boutique should mean small, high quality, luxury hotel. This was small basic with odd decor. Didn't help the hotel 20 feet from my room was having major work done from 7.30 to 22.30, electric saw, drilling the lot. I wanted to work in my room but it just wasn't practice, if you wanted a coffee there is nothing in room so you go down to a very small breakfast room and pay €3. For the price it was ok but next time I'll pay a bit more and get a better experience. 1 night was ok but I wouldn't want to stay longer.

Good location for centre and shops

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

No hook on back of door or wall to hang a coat. No plug for a bath

Room just the right size for short break. Really nice breakfast; not too heavy and some very nice small hors d'oeuvre plates. Location was superb for beer halls and markets!!

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

the staff was polite, no more the room was not well heated

the location is fantastic, right next to Marienplatz, Viktualien Markt and Residenz a real bathtub, even in a single room

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

We stayed in the appartment with 3 bedrooms (total, 6 people in the appartment), it's not clear that is just one bathroom for the 6.

Location, location, location

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

we order the apartment, is big but: old and not renovated, without kitchen, small shower, the heating does not work, the free wifi all the time disconnected, and at the two days we stay there we got stuck twice in the elevator.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The room was, how best to say?, very basic. I know it was Oktoberfest, but for the price I paid I would have expected a much better standard of room. I've stayed in better Travelodges (no offence meant) for a sixth of the price....

The hotel is excellently located in the centre of the city. It is also very clean and well-maintained. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and spoke excellent English (putting my awful attempts at German to complete shame...)

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

Bathroom in 3 bedroom apartment small, shower ok but not great.

Excellent location, just round the corner from the Hofbrauhaus & near Marienplatz. About twenty minute pleasant walk to Chinesischer Turm (English Garden). Cafe next door excellent at night for a burger and beer!

• Double or Twin Room

The rooms were tiny. No air con. Housekeeping was chaotic with room not made up at all one day. No lounge facilities.

The hotel was well placed in the old town

• Double or Twin Room

The rooms were not necessarily spotless (the shower curtain was a state). The reception closed from 10:00 to 7:00 in the morning... We discovered our train was leaving at 7:15 so we couldn't properly check out.

The location was fantastic, very close to the beer hall and also in a very nice area.

• Double or Twin Room

The rooms were extremely cramped - you had to stand sideways to access the bed on either side; one downside of being near the Hofbraeuhaus was that it was a bit noisy in the early hours; the breakfast room was also cramped; boutique is the wrong word to describe the hotel - bijou would be better!

Excellent location close to the Hofbraeuhaus and the Residenz; friendly staff

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Very small room.

Very good location, but dont have anything. If you looking for a centeral place with nice price to stay this one can be good. But dont expect more. And breakfast is great. There is very close public car park and they make special discount for the hotel customer.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

It is a hotel that needs an update. The carpets are worn through and miserable looking. The decor is dated, gauche and loud. but overall we were felt it was a good value.

The hotel is located on a quiet street a block away from the Hofbrauhaus, it's within walking distance to the Main Marienplatz. All in all the location was great! The breakfast was very good, simple but an abundance of typical continental breakfast fare, fresh and filling.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

It would have been better to have fan's or air conditioning in the apartment as it was very warm. Also we did not have any cuttlery ie knives, forks, or milk for tea. The fridge was also not very cool. Also there was no lift to our floor so it was very diffifult to walk to the 5th floor with heavy suit cases.

The apartment was very clean and the location was excellent!

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Lack of air conditioning. They need to sort out late night access for all people staying (2 keys between 5 in the apartment). Perhaps about time to convert to electronic key cards instead of cut keys. Strongly suggest booking flexible as that includes breakfast which works out less than the addition eu12 per person that Falkenturm wanted on the day and includes the chance of cancelling without charge. They need a luggage store, one of party had his luggage placed by a staff member in the wrong room (see key problem) leading to a lot of panic and confusion.

Location just off one of the main bar/restaurant districts was excellent.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

There are no fans standard in the rooms even though it is summer time. The room was originally provided with only one key, however if you leave the room and take the stairs, you require a key to exit the stairwell. I find this to be a fire hazard, so be sure to ask for an additional key. The entry into the hotel looks a little sketchy because as you enter the little corridor to the front desk, you walk towards large dumpsters placed in the courtyard. I am guessing these are from the restaurant next door. The door at the bottom of the stairwell appears to be open (for an emergency exit) but it is actually locked at night by the restaurant staff.

To be honest, within the first 10 minutes of arriving I was ready to leave... BUT after working with the person at the front desk for a few minutes, I was very content with the hotel. Be advised, if you are accustomed to AC or cooler climates, this hotel does NOT have AC and it has limited fans. We would not have been able to handle the heat without fans, but the man at the front desk was able to track down 2 fans for us and with the windows open we were able to sleep comfortably. The hotel was well outfitted (plenty of towels, soap in the bathrooms, plenty of toilet paper) and the rooms are small but sufficient. (People should not rent hotels and complain about the size of the room if they rented a small room!) The location is FANTASTIC and the hotel is very reasonably priced. It is only a 3 minute walk to the Hofbrauhaus.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

It was very hot and there was no air conditioning and no fans available. We had to leave the windows open all night with no screens and then it started raining and we had to close the windows. I did not sleep very well.

Beds were comfortable, the apartment was great

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

wifi was poor, very slow and frequently drops out. No kitchen in the apartment just a mini-fridge and kettle. Would benefit from a few more basic kitchen items such as plates, cups etc as there is a good supermarket 5 mins walk away where you can get some supplies. Only 1 bathroom/toilet in apartment.

Fantastic location, great central base to explore Munich. Family of 5 stayed 5 nights in the 3 bedroom apartment which was bright, airy and quiet. It doesn't have a kitchen but was a great option for a family with older children as everyone had separate bedrooms with a central living room and balcony.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

Stayed in the apartment. No kitchenette, or even a toaster. Small space but as we were there for one night we didn't need much more than a bed. Lots of stairs.

Location was perfect. Comfortable beds.

Browse Hotel Falkenturm traveller photo gallery