Reviews of Hotel Feilen-Wolff This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Kölner Str. 22, 54294 Trier, Germany

#37 of 48 hotels in Trier

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Could be a lot better

Curtains did not cover half the window so I had to jam a blanket over the window frame for privacy. Staff did not speak any english and it was a very long way from Trier town centre. Because the restaurant was only open one night I had to go to town for dinner as there was nothing else local. There was also a building site opposite the hotel which was worked on every day from early in the mprning until late at night. The latch on the window was falling off so I had to repair that to ensure my security.

The bed was comfortable and the shower worked ok. Breakfast was ok

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Good for overnight stay with a short walk to the Paulaner brewery pub.

It is a problem to find a parking space near the hotel on the busy road outside.

I like rather old fashioned family run hotels and this is a particularly good one.They have an excellent restaurant and provide a good value breakfast.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

All in all satisfactory for the price.

The fact that the hotel had no computer available to guests. I had to walk 20minutes to another hotel at night to confirm my Check In for the following days flight. Odd, I thought ! The centre of town is a twenty minute walk away which is OK unless you are infirm.

Value for money. Breakfast was good. Lovely, interesting, city.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

A nice surprise in an old fashion hotel.

There’s too much meat in their menu and the vegetables are over cooked. An updated menu would bring in more people.

Daniela was very helpful and willing to speak in English to help us. She made all the difference in making us comfortable. She and her helper were very quick in cleaning our bedroom for the short time were out of it. Everyone did their best to make it a pleasant stay for us.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Great place to stay. Great hosts.

Nothing! Well... only that it's a long walk to the railway station. But you should know that when you book it, so it's not a complaint.

This is a lovely family-run hotel where I had a reasonably sized single room with good bathroom. The breakfast was better than many and the dinner menu had enough variety. The steak I had for dinner was the best I've had outside of Argentina!

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Exceeded my expetations . First impression was not good, but staff made up for that.

Breakfast was varied and well prepared. Resturant food was good. Many Bulgarian dishes which were great. Room was clean and quiet . Staff was very nice and helped get me a taxi in the morning and wake me up. Good value for the money.

Adequate for my purposes. Trier is a lovely place but a twenty minute walk away over the Moselle.

No facilities to check in my flight, which I found extraordinary. I had to walk at night to another hotel and seek help there. I suppose that is ok if you travel with your own computer !

Good value for the money. Room was a fair size if not a little gloomy. Not noisy, even though next to a busy road. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast good. Beer good.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

The location of the propery is on the B51 which joins the...

I can't think of anything that I did not like. The only point to note which is not a gripe but be aware that if you arrive on a Monday, the restaurant is closed !! However If you cross the bridge into the city (15 min on foot) there are restaurants a plenty to choose from.

The location of the propery is on the B51 which joins the B53 road into Trier as you approach from the north. This road can be very busy and if you shoot past like I did you might find it tricky to turn around and find a parking space. As I arrived by motorcycle, I was delighted to hear that I could park my bike in a huge garage which is in the inner couryard away from the main road and the heat!! The room was pleasent and comfy with ensuite bathroom, TV , free wifi and a double bed. The Bulgarian hosts are really and genuinely friendly. Breakfast is included in the price. The restaurant offers a wide variety of excellent food which I can highly recommend to big "meat eaters" and Bikers alike. The menu is also in English and the staff understand if you speak at a decent pace. If you fancy a boat tour you only have to walk across the bridge and you are there in about 10 minutes. The city center can also be reached in about fifteen minutes. Nearest petrol station 2km nearest supermarket 1km I will most definately go to this Hotel again.

Great value for money, clean rooms, with all that you need...

Great value for money, clean rooms, with all that you need for a short stay. Also close to the bus stop in the direction of the town center and main station. Excelent view around the property, with the Mosel river nearby. It was the 3rd time I stayed at this hotel and I would come again.

This hotel is good value for money and within walking...

This hotel is good value for money and within walking distance of the town centre. It is a good base from which to explore Trier. I also appreciated that you can easily get on to the footpath/cyclepath that runs alongside the river, as this made for a good route for jogging.

Good location, close to city centre, with parking outside.

The room had no air conditioner or fan, so it was very hot. The balcony was very open and it felt like you were sitting next to your neighbors.

Good location, close to city centre, with parking outside. Breakfast was good.

Location was great.

Location was great. Just a short walk to great restaurants. Very quite and spotless. Breakfast was included and was satisfactory. Street parking was free. No fridge.

Nice location for a stop-over.

If you her a room at frontside og hotel, there will be a lot og noise from trains.

Nice location for a stop-over. Good restaurant at hotel, and also Good breakfast.

Value for money, especially if you don't mind walking across the river to the city.

No lift, lots of stairs Room could do with some updating eg no electrical outlet near desk Wifi not useful for me, runs off a hotspot, OK for those using their phones

Very friendly family-run hotel, with a good breakfast, & a restaurant for evening meals - very large servings! Big room

Trier

The day we arrived there was a torrential downpour. It felt like a long walk in the rain. It was a very pleasant walk when it wasn’t raining!

The beds were comfortable, lots of towels. It was fairly quiet. We had a nice balcony to sit out on. A very pleasant place to stay.

Lovely comfortable sleep

I did not see any WiFi in room but did not ask re this as only there for one night.

Very comfortable and clean bed, Robert was very welcoming and helpful.

Very nice experience

There was nothing. I didn't like.

The place is easy to reach. Great location, confortable room, clean and quiet. Friendly attitude of owner and staff. Delicious and more than ample breakfast

Comfortable quiet hotel with good value for money

If you dont like walking it is 30 minutes to the Hauptbahnhof. For me it was a perfect good value hotel.

Very comfortable, quiet hotel. Good food and service

Good, friendly host and hostess, nice family hotel, excellent breakfast!

Good, friendly host and hostess, nice family hotel, excellent breakfast! Good location, not far away from city center and closer to city road out. Calm place, a lot of birds. Clean room, clean toilet and shower cabin. Everything is fine, recommend!

Comfortable one night stay in a somewhat dated, but very clean large room with a great breakfast.

The hotel is a bit dated, but our room was clean and well cared for. It was a bit farther out of the city center than I thought and was on a busy road.

We only stayed at the Feilen-Wolff for one night, but we had a clean, comfortable, large room with a large bathroom. We had a rental car so the free parking was great. The staff was friendly and helpful. And breakfast the next morning was lovely.

Good place to visit w/ friends for the weekend or the week.

Restaurant is heavy on the meat and oil, like a lot of restaurants in Germany. Would have preferred lighter and more vegetarian fares. The hotel is across the river from the main city of Trier and there isn't much on the road. I wouldn't have felt particularly comfortable walking there from the train station late at night. It's fine during the day though, very pretty view.

The room was clean, and we had a balcony. The breakfast was good and free. The hosts were nice and helpful, although the main guy didn't have fantastic English, but we figured it out. There is a restaurant and it was fine for dinner. Trier overall is a very nice place to visit.

Great value place to stay with lovely food yet walking distance from historic Trier

The hotel's restaurant was very good in terms of variety and quality, breakfast very good too. Easy walking distance from the centre yet quiet nonetheless. Great value for money and friendly staff on top

An enjoyable stay and we would definitely stay there again.

There was nothing we didn't like.

The room was spacious, very clean ( the towels were changed every day ) We enjoyed the connecting balcony. The restaurant was comfortable, and the breakfasts and evening meal were excellent and good value.

It was a good hotel for the price, clean and comfortable, no frills.

The hotel is located across the river from the altstadt in a business section of town on a truck route. Fortunately the rooms were located in the back and were quiet.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel restaurant was closed when we arrived, wet and hungry. It was the rest day aka Monday. But they recommended a wonderful little gasthof- restaurant within walking distance. It was so good, we went back there the next evening.

Comfortable, clean, plenty of food to be had. Convenient and worth the money.

Just a little help with our luggage would have been nice as we had some heavy bags, very busy road to cross where we parked our car and narrow stairs. We are also late risers so we sat down to breakfast about 10 minutes before it closed up (10am), as the owner pointed out the time, we little embarrassed. They waited for us to finish our meal before cleaning up, however we wouldn't have minded if they let us fill our plate and clean up at 10 am.

We were greeted well, shown where we can park our car (Note, busy road so be careful if bringing children). The bed was super tidy and really really comfortable. Cleanliness was of a high standard and no road noise where we were. The restaurant was incredibly convenient and had brilliant options for dinner and lunch as well as decent coffee they charge it to your room. Breakfast was also quite nice.

Great value for money

Great value for money. Very friendly staff. Great breakfast. Good access to the city centre by foot or bus. The neighbourhood is a bit shabby. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there if I visited Trier again!

Short break.

Location was acceptable, however the distance from the city was a good 25 minutes walk and further than indicated.

The room was comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful and food was good.

The hotel is situated near the Mosel and is a short bus...

The hotel is situated near the Mosel and is a short bus ride from the centre of Trier. It is a family run hotel with friendly and helpful staff and a very good restaurant.

Very enjoyable

The hotel was superb, helpful owner and staff, very clean accommodation, tasty and plentiful breakfast. The restaurant in the evening provided meals with a Bulgarian and international cuisine which were really well cooked and presented. This is a family run business which cares very much for its clientele. Would not hesitate to use again. Twenty minute walk to the porta Negra and city centre, with ample resting places for those of us that need them.

Great place to stay.

Excellent facilities for a small, family-run hotel. I have stayed in this hotel four times in the last five years and each time have deliberately sought it out. The Bulgarian family work hard and deserve every success in their enterprise. The restaurant (which was sadly closed this year as I was there on a Monday, their day off) has also been excellent, serving a variety of local and Bulgarian dishes.

Not far from the center - yet you can park your car for free. Good value for money.

The distance to the historical town center needs some effort to get there on foot - you should add some time for it in your daily plan.

We got a quiet room with a terrace (this added a lot to comfort). Parking is really not a problem (this was essential for us). Walking to the historical town center is possible - even for people as old as 70.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Perfect, comfortable stay in Trier

Arrived later than planned, & was asked to call once I had arrived; & was then assisted to my room. Room was spacious & clean. Bathroom good, excellent shower - good pressure & water temperature. Personal we're friendly & helpful. Breakfasts were good. I left before their allocated breakfast time the day I left, & was told to come down earlier & have something to eat, & was encouraged to take/ pack a little something for the road, as well as take some fruit. It wasn't in the heart of Trier, but was close enough to the Old Town which could be accessed by foot or by bus.

No frills accomodation, in affordable price, outside the city centre

Not much to dislike. The only thing missing was the little extra that makes the difference. It delivered what it promised, nothing less and nothing more. Guest should bare in mind that considering the scale of the city, this accommodation is not in the centre. More like a suburb but still walking distance (~20 min). There are a lot of other establishments much closer but usually at higher cost.

The biggest plus is the cost. The best way to describe it is as inexpensive, no frills accomodation

Our bedroom was very comfortable, with big bed, super nice...

The mattress was quite soft, and personally we don't like that due to back problems. Parking place was a street parking, but not a big problem (since we were able to find a spot). It is not in the city center (around 20min walking), but is easy to get there (flat path).

Our bedroom was very comfortable, with big bed, super nice balcony and quiet. It is simple but very good, and importantly, super clean!! The bathroom was very clean!! Good breakfast with fresh and delicious bread.

Amazing staff, location, and value to money spent ratio.

My only complaint was that it's rather hot, but it's to be expected as I traveled during the summer.

Amazing staff, location, and value to money spent ratio. Wifi strength was good. Clean rooms and if you're driving down, free parking!

Basic but Friendly and Clean

This Pension is located across the river from Trier. It is part of a Gasthaus and the owners are very friendly. The hotel rooms are VERY basic and served us well for a one night stay on our way to Verdun. This Pension is not for an extended stay - nothing negative if you understand the simplicity of the rooms and that it's not in a very interesting location - but about a ten minute drive to Trier.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Great hotel with lovely staff.

A splendid place, large airy bedroom, very clean bathroom and a good breakfast selection. The restaurant was amazing and prepared a huge vegetarian meal that was excellent and cheap. Can't beat it for value and parking is safe and free. Great all round hotel with lovely staff.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

The hotel located near one of the bridges across from the...

Breakfast was not included. It would be nice if some simple breakfast was included.

The hotel located near one of the bridges across from the city center, so it is quite convenient to walk to the city center which is about 25 minutes walk from the hotel. Also, the hotel was kind enough to let us store our luggage for free in their dinning room until late afternoon when we had to catch another bus to get out of the city center.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Friendly hotel

Limited street parking, long walk into centre of town. No lift in hotel.

We had a quiet room in another building behind the main hotel. It was good for us as we were just passing through for a night.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Very nice and friendly staff.

A bit tricky to get to from the train station if you're not familiar with Trier. However, a taxi from the station to the hotel only costs 10 Euro.

Very nice and friendly staff. The hotel has a reasonably priced restaurant attached to it so you can eat in if you want to. Internet access in the room.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

A comfortable, value for money, family run, hotel on the...

Consider replacing the tiny basic bar of soap with shower gel in the en-suite bathrooms

A comfortable, value for money, family run, hotel on the left bank of the Mosel, walking distance (kind of) to the historical town area. Bar and restaurant on the premises. Nice breakfast. The staff is fluent in my first language - Bulgarian!

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Great free breakfast

Located on busy road.

The breakfast was great. Good variety of cheeses, sliced meats, crusty buns & bread. Coffee was good. Restaurant in the evening was nice.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

One night in Trier

Owner tried to give us a much smaller room than the one reserved. After some discussion,owner gave us a bigger room but never the reserved. Indoor parking even though they had not agreed to park the car there.

Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Comfort and excellent food

Unstable wifi connection in the room.

A cosy family hotel with the most helpful staff, excellent Balkan and international food. Very clean and comfortable. Great value for money

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

comfortable and spotless with a good breakfast.

Outside appearance, road where the hotel is located do not seem too nice at first glance and busy at daytime. No private car park so you have to find a space on the grass verge of the main road (but you know that in advance).

Very good service, extremely large room impeccably clean! Very good breakfast too. Quiet room. Location is convenient for a stopover and is walking distance from the town center. 24h access to property via side entrance. Would be happy to stay again.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Very good price/value

Nothing...Everything was fine.

Everything was fine. The crew is nice. We had to leave early in the morning, before the breakfast time, and they made us a lunchpackage to take away. That was very nice too.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Large bathroom with choice of bath with shower or shower...

"Free car parking" turned out to be on the pavement outside or a dirt patch on the other side of the road. Although right by the river, in a rather run-down area, next to a major through route and further from the city centre than it appeared to be (c.20mins walk). Shampoo provided but no shower gel

Large bathroom with choice of bath with shower or shower cubicle. (But lacked a was basin plug) Room in attached annexe away from main road so very quiet.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

The place was big and quiet, and the staff was very helpful.

No complaints.

The place was big and quiet, and the staff was very helpful. The breakfast was excellent!! Great value for money. A bit of walk from City Centre but not too far, and was easy to find. We would stay here again!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

We were close enough to the center of town to be able to do that. Room was comfortable, staff was f

Parking can be a problem.

Pillows and mattress were great, breakfast was very good with many choices.

Good location and bike park facilities. Clean but dated accommodation

Old decor

Good position. Breakfasts good. Rooms a little tired.

Great place to stay in Trier

Clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff, tasty breakfast and clise to public transport

Kind and helpful staff

The main road and railway line near to the hotel were very noisy and made it difficult to sleep

Kind and helpful staff

Nice hotel, with reasonable price.

Nice staff, clean rooms, good breakfast. Ok Place to visit

Breakfast buffet was good

Overpriced for the location and quality

Breakfast buffet was good

Decent place

Wouldn't describe it as luxurious but for money was fine

Decent place a little out of main centre, room was comfortable and breakfast good

Good

The hotel is not so far from the city centre for an adult like me who likes walking instead of taking a bus. The hotel is not new, but clean enough.

Pleasant hotel.

You need the bus to get downtown. But there many connectio s. No problem.

Location at mosel river. Good restaurant for dinner.

Great time had beautiful city great food and great beer cool people. Will return again.

Not very much

Staff so helpfull

Great place. I would use this place again.

Wonderful hotel, very helpful staff.

Wonderful hotel, very helpful staff. Thanks a lot!

clean and comfortable

on street parking

clean and comfortable

Nice big room

Nice big room

I missed a frigobar inside the room.

I missed a frigobar inside the room.

Room is very clean, bed is very comfortable.

Room is very clean, bed is very comfortable.

fantastic

The bed was comfortably, very clean room and nice breakfast

With two words only: excellent.

Not applicable

Pretty much everything

Not expensive hotel to spend 1 night there.

Good price Brekfast was good for the value

A 30 minute walk to the town centre, the Hotel was adequate at the price bearing.

Loo/Shower was a tad cramped.

Breakfasts (German-style) were pretty good.

Comfy bed, breakfast good, bathroom good

Location was a bit far from main train station & attractions.

Bed comfy, bathroom good, breakfast good.

very friendly staff,good breakfast, clearness

not very close to the centre

very friendly staff,good breakfast, clearness

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Parking was only available on the road which was very busy.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was good and not expensive.

The breakfast was excellent

A bit far from the centre

The breakfast was excellent

Room was clean.

Stairs no lift.

Diner was good en cheep

No egs with bacon at breakfest

Diner was good en cheep

with time i would have found better value driving arround

value

three beds rather than a large matrimonial but no pvte parking