Reviews of Ferienhotel Helmer This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Mitteldorf 10, 87645 Schwangau, Germany

#3 of 8 hotels in Schwangau

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Neuschwanstein, it’s all about Ludwig 2.

Nothing we remember of.

We arrived and were welcomed, we had been told to go to “Neuschwanstein” even in the afternoon. Very good location of the hotel. In the evening we had an excellent dinner, drinks, just everything you expect from a 5 star Hotel, even it is only a 3- star hotel, it’s worse to try. Very familiar, very good.

• Reviewed: March 17, 2018

A typical bavarian family hotel, very comfy bed, clean room,...

Everything was great, no negative feedback!

A typical bavarian family hotel, very comfy bed, clean room, tasty dinner, good breakfast. The hotel is close to the castles and located in a panoramic alp environment.

• Reviewed: January 5, 2018

confortable

BREAKFAST

the only thing they have to improve is breakfast. because if you don't like the restarant you go to another. Central heating' cleaning'BED are perfect. For summer doesn't have AC.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

A great place to stay.

Nothing I can think of.

A great place to stay. The hotel looks like a Swiss chalet and is as good as it looks. Our room had a balcony with a view of the mountains, it had plenty of on-site parking, and it was close to Neuschwanstein Castle. The restaurant was great, with fine food for dinner and a good breakfast. I'd heartily recommend it.

• Reviewed: July 27, 2017

Terrific Traditional Hotel with Modern Flair in Center of Bucolic Hamlet

It would be great if CNN was one of the programs on the TV. I'm a news junkie.

I loved my two night stay. I was given a spacious and exceptionally comfortable room in the annex, which when I come back, I will ask for a room in the annex. I had a couch, foot rest, desk, flat screen modern TV and a huge private balcony with wonderful view. I watched two little boys bring the cows in for milking on my first night and the second I watched storm clouds build over the rooftops and then the rain, which provided a wonderful sound as I slept. I had dinner both nights in the cozy "Kamin Zimmer," and I enjoyed the home cooking very much as well as the crisp and delicious Paulaner beer from the tap. Breakfast was outstanding with coffee brought immediately and with a smile. I do speak German.

• Reviewed: July 21, 2017

Charming hotel, beautiful countryside. Highly recommended.

Something to be aware of is that the bar closes at 10.30pm - understandably perhaps, as it seems to be a family run business.

This charming, traditional hotel is located in a beautiful setting. With original wooden features, the restaurant and bar area has a rustic, quaint and homely feeling. There is also a picturesque outdoor seating area with views of the mountains. The double room was large, airy, nicely decorated and comfortable; and since the surrounding area is quiet, we slept soundly. The staff were very polite and helpful. The buffet breakfast in the morning was excellent, as was the dunkel beer in the evening! It is very suitably located for visiting the King's castles in Hohenschwangau. Also, the free rental bikes are a huge bonus for exploring the surrounding areas!

• Reviewed: December 15, 2016

Comfortable, warm room with a great location and view

The only thing I would change, is to have a kettle with coffee/tea facilities in the room. On a cold winter night it would have been nice to have a hot drink in our room.

The location of this hotel was unbeatable. We had a room with a balcony that looked on to Neuschwanstein and hohenshwangau castles. It had a very country feel which made it so cosy. The restaurant was superb where we had dinner and breakfast. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would love to stay again in the future.

• Reviewed: December 14, 2016

Comfortable Bavarian hotel.

The bed! Typical in hotels in mainland Europe. It was two beds pushed together with two single duvets. Each bed ok as a single bed but it is not a double bed.

Very warm room with outside balcony. Good bathroom with two basins. Welcoming restaurant and large separate breakfast room. Great location for visiting the famous castles 3km away.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2016

A Fantastic Bavarian Stop Over.

The staff are very friendly and give you a real warm Bavarian welcome. The hotel is beautiful. Slightly tucked away but don't let this put you off as the outside balcony still allows you a view of the alps with the sun setting or rising. Beautiful home cooked Bavarian meals served in the bar area with a cracking beer on tap. This hotel is a must for anyone in the area. Well furnished with the little touches that make it special. Would recommend to anyone. Well worth the trip and the price. Don't miss out !!!!!!!

• Reviewed: August 8, 2016

Quiet & quaint bavarian style accomodation

Maybe the restaurant could be open longer.

A bavarian style accomodation, with carved timber beams and flowerpots on windows. The service is friendly and rooms are spacious, quiet and spotless. A perfect base for daily sightseeing trips and visits to abundant natural and historical points of interest.

• Reviewed: July 31, 2016

Great hotel in Schwangau!

Pillows were extra soft, it could be better.

Delicious salad bar and coffie. Renting bicycle for free. Great location near to castles and Fussen. Large room with nice view and balcony.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Authentic German house

Allowed smoking in front of the main entrence.

Everything else was excellent

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

I felt like I was in a fairytale. Staying here had such a nice feel .

Not a thing , loved everything

I loved the breakfast, fresh delicious food !

• Reviewed: December 11, 2017

The food

The food

• Reviewed: April 26, 2016

Great location and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

The Wi-Fi logged us off if we didn't use it for a few minutes and we had to keep logging in again. It worked fine but was a bit frustrating.

Great location and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Loved the balcony and the view.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2016

The staff was friendly and informative.

There wasn't anything I didn't like.

The staff was friendly and informative. The food was outstanding. Nice slelection of wine, beer and spirits. Cozy and comfortable atmosphere. In walking distance to everything. They rent bicycles as well. There is also a wonderful spa within walking distance of the hotel. The views are amazing. You can see the alps and the castles in the distance. The hotel is also a short drive from the Austrian border and the beautiful town of Fussen. Great place to unwind and recharge your battery.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2015

Great restaurant, nice mural painted in our rooms wall, the...

The street was not listed on our GPS and would not have found the hotel without help from people in town.

Great restaurant, nice mural painted in our rooms wall, the staff at the desk was very helpful! Located in a nice small town with castle views and very friendly people (as was all people we met in Germany)

• Reviewed: October 29, 2015

A very attractive authentic German hotel/gasthof with...

Having to leave so soon!

A very attractive authentic German hotel/gasthof with excellent dining facilities, nestled in an idealized location. Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Reviewed: October 20, 2015

This is a place off the beaten path that gives you a genuine...

This is a place off the beaten path that gives you a genuine feel for Germany and their wonderful culture. There are great resturants nearby as well as public transportation to the castles. The beds were super comfortable, the shower and bath were excellent and the rooms are big. They have a beer room open late for a nightcap before bed. I cant say enough about the great stay we had here.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2015

I used this hotel on a night stop on my way to Austria and...

I used this hotel on a night stop on my way to Austria and Italy, so I am not too sure of all the facilities that the hotel offers to the guest as I understand it is an hotel that cater mostly for tours, families and for long stay as the area is great. I know for a fact that the hotel offer free bikes....lol. All in all a great establishment, typical of the area, very good service, nice bedroom and great breakfast.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2015

Hotel is right on the main road to the center of Rothenberg.

We had 4 heavy luggages and had to carry them up and down 3 steps to the elevator.

Hotel is right on the main road to the center of Rothenberg. It has free parking. Comfortable and big room. Service was good. Staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2015

Great facilities,close to everything and bicycle hire for...

Great facilities,close to everything and bicycle hire for free when you stay there. we had an action packed three days visiting Schloss NewSchwanstein, eating traditional food, and cycling around the lake.

• Reviewed: August 18, 2015

Great location, 10 mins bus ride to Neuschwanstein castle.

No AC, as it was summer and the weather a bit hot in the afternoon. But it seems all the hotels there have no ac.

Great location, 10 mins bus ride to Neuschwanstein castle. Great value for money. Breakfast & facilities are also good. I was given a comfortable old style room, very nice. Can rent bikes for free as well.

• Reviewed: August 17, 2015

Very well decorated rooms, spacious rooms, good location,...

the facilities in the rooms are basic. There is no mini bar or fridge, there are no tea and coffee making facilities.

Very well decorated rooms, spacious rooms, good location, comfortable beds, wide balcony with table and chairs.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2015

I loved this quaint little hotel.

I loved this quaint little hotel. This was the best hotel of our trip through Europe. My wife and I borrowed two bikes through the hotel and rode around the beautiful countryside. We even took a swim around sunset with swans beside us on the lake!

• Reviewed: June 24, 2015

Very friendly hotel, close to the centre of Interlaken.

Bed a little too soft.

Very friendly hotel, close to the centre of Interlaken. We enjoyed a superior room with large balcony and fantastic views of the mountains. Hotel parking is limited but we managed to free park during our stay. Five minutes easy walk to railway station and town. Excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2015

This beautiful alpine lodge style hotel is the perfect...

Based on the map location we thought the hotel was in the countryside and were surprised to find it was in a small town. However we were very happy with the location in the end as we could walk to nearby restaurants. Open farmland is very close to the hotel.

This beautiful alpine lodge style hotel is the perfect choice for a stay in southern Barvaria, and for visiting Fussen and the castles Neuschwanstein and Hohenswhangau. We were delighted with our room - 30 metres square with a large balcony (view of the castles), separate toilet and bathroom, double sinks in the bathroom, huge bed - it was just lovely. The rooms were large and very clean and exceeded our expectations - they photos of the hotel don't do it justice. We found everything new, clean, modern and in excellent condition. The hotel breakfast was simple but good, and the restaurant provides an excellent dinner on weekends and a lighter menu during the week. Service was kind and polite. The hotel is 5 minutes drive from the Ticket centre and car parks for sight seeing at the castles and about 15 minutes from Fussen. The hotel is 1 block back from the main street of the small town of Schwangau so there is a Chemist, a few restaurants and a beer hall within walking distance. Behind the hotel is open space - and we saw 3 deer there Staying in this hotel was a highlight of our holiday.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2016

Beautiful traditional hotel in a great location.

Beautiful traditional hotel in a great location. Helpful friendly staff and an overall great atmosphere

• Reviewed: September 17, 2015

I would say one of the best hotels to stay in Schwangay!

I would say one of the best hotels to stay in Schwangay! View from the room balcony was amazing!

• Reviewed: August 13, 2015

Pretty hotel, beautiful rooms, nice staff

Pretty hotel, beautiful rooms, nice staff

• Reviewed: July 30, 2015

The view from our room was spectacular.

The view from our room was spectacular. Very quiet location and convenient. Hosts were so friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2015

there was a hill at the back of the hotel where we can see...

there was a hill at the back of the hotel where we can see neuschwanstein castle!

• Reviewed: May 28, 2015

Everything!

Everything! The accommodations were wonderful from the clean, modern rooms, to the delicious food, wonderful staff and gorgeous scenery.

• Reviewed: May 25, 2015

facility, the convenience and total free for renting bikes.

there should be more travelling guide brochures or maps to show aroud this area.

facility, the convenience and total free for renting bikes.

• Reviewed: January 6, 2015

Great service, clean and nice food too!

Great service, clean and nice food too! Location is great being able to walk around the town and also be at the Schloss in less than 10mins.

There are also 6 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.