Reviews of Pullman Stuttgart Fontana This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Vollmoellerstr. 5, Vaihingen, 70563 Stuttgart, Germany

#21 of 113 hotels in Stuttgart

Enjoyable
    • Classic Queen Room

The massage isn't available with the room rate. Most of the amenities listed in their book are businesses out in town.

Comfortable room on the top floor. Great staff. Beautiful pool. The food selection was outstanding.

Comfortable but narrow beds.
    • Superior Room

Majority of rooms have only queen beds, very narrow. Just one bedings and towels in doubble bed room in case of single occupation? It does not look very nice, especially in 4 stars hotel.

Breakfest is good, the staff in restaurant and in the bar is also very welcome.

Rooms are bright and spacious, bed large and comfortable,...
    • Classic Queen Room

Hotel structure shows some signs of time, and my courtesy toilet set was never replaced in 5 days (maybe it was enough to ask). Breakfast - although excellent - is too expensive considering that room price (at least during exhibition time) is already quite heavy.

Rooms are bright and spacious, bed large and comfortable, hotel and SPA are clean with long opening times, so that you can enyou a little relax also in the evening. All staff is simply excellent. Breakfast is great. Perfect located near S-Bahn.

Convenient location in Vaihingen
    • Classic Double Room

The smell of food cooking permeated the entire lobby and bar area both days I was there. It was overpowering The WiFi was non existent in my room #522. I was able to connect in the lobby but could not do any work in my room. The front desk staff confirmed that WiFi was a problem but told me they were working the solution and all should be sorted by March 2018. I realize location is everything, however at €190 a night w/o breakfast I expected a little more. The hotel could do with little updating overall

Location was very convenient for stores, restaurants and close to Patch barracks Staff very friendly Comfy bed

Easy to get to and check in.
    • Classic Double Room

Cost was high, I wouldn't have paid that if it was leisure. I also think breakfast should be included. 25 euros is high.

Easy to get to and check in.

Excellent staff, atmosphere, food, and accommodations. It actually exceeded it's 4 star rating.
    • Deluxe Double Room

One staff member gave me incorrect information pertaining to the stocked refreshments in the room's fridge. But, I believe it was a little language barrier. Fortunately, it wasn't my first rodeo so I kinda figured that she hadn't fully understood my question.

Actually, "everything."

We shall be going back there for future trips to Stuttgart.

Wi-Fi not brilliant.

A traditional German hotel with excellent facilities and very good food at breakfast and in the restaurant. Only about 50 metres from the rail/tram station with frequent trains to the airport or city centre. Thoroughly recommended for anyone visiting Stuttgart.

Pleasant but below expectations. Had better stays in Stuttgart hotels.
    • Classic Queen Room

Staff not so friendly as they should be or as I have experienced in other Stuttgart hotels. Not made to feel I should come back. Due to a booking complication between front desk and room service, when I returned on the evening my clothes had been removed from the room and stuffed into a plastic bag, which I had to go looking for at reception. Mot amused with the poor service.

Location very good access to trains to every place.

We changed 3 rooms at 11 pm to end up in one with the same noise problem AND arranged for 1 person
    • Classic Double Room

Room 1: we settle in this room, which we realise after few minutes was quite noisy because of pipes malfunctioning Room 2: after asking to fix the noise we get transferred to another room. As soon as we enter the room we are welcome by the strong smell of cigarette smoke. We ask the employee who instead of apologising rather play dumb "I cannot smell" and quickly left. The noise is the same as in the other room. After leaving the window open (in November!) we realise the smell is in the carpet so no chance to get rid of it, moreover the noise is the same as above Room 3: we went to the reception to complain, they move us to another room.... we get in, no smell, same bloody noise... and only 1 blanket and one pillow... but it's midnight and we are exhausted and we decide it's not worth keep on discussing with these people.

Venue location and communication with the city centre.
    • Classic Queen Room

I've booked two rooms 3 weeks in advance, my request was to get a non-smokers rooms. When we arrived the stuff was suppriced by our reservation, even asked if it was done the same day. The only available rooms were on the smokers floor. The air condition in the rooms was very bad, it was difficult to feel asleep, all our stuff smells like cigarettes now. It's acctualy canceling all good points of the hotel.

Venue location and communication with the city centre.

Pleasant
    • Classic Twin Room

The pillows were a little too hard for me. Great to have some options. The aircon could be colder, the room can get stuffy. I need to keep the windows opened. Noisy when the trains start in the morning.

Love the park just outside the hotel. Easy access to food. The train station is very near the hotel.

Not the luxury hotel Pullmans are said to be
    • Classic Twin Room

For everything I've heard about the Pullman chain of hotels, this one didn't fulfill. Boring and outdated decor, general feeling of behind the times. Not the luxury hotel I expected. And high price for a brand that didn't deliver on the promise.

Nice club sandwich at the bar, pleasant staff

Well connected, comfortable sub urban 4 star hotel
    • Classic Double Room

On our second day, I has coffee with my German friend and we had a cranky and rude waitress who slammed the sugar on our table when we asked for it. We were very surprised and my local host was little embarrassed.

The receptionist who welcomed us during our check in was most exceptional; very friendly, helpful and patient as she helped store our luggage given that we had checked in earlier than than the check in time.

Great location easy to find and park. Very comfortable. Lovely breakfast
    • Superior Room

Breakfast was really nice but I don't eat bacon or eggs ( from the bonus question ) The staff were really friendly. We ate dinner in the restaurant which was really good and I am a more fussy eater ( no meat or dairy ). I used the gym also.

Was not worth half the price that we paid.
    • Classic Double Room

Parking 16EUR when the room is 150EUR is not appropriate. Luckily we found a parking spot on the street nearby. Breakfast cost was also too high ~24EUR, who can eat 24 EUR worth of food at breakfast really?. Bed was extremely hard and felt like sleeping on the floor. I don't think that it was even a Spring mattress . Electricity went out during breakfast and we had to climb up and down 10floors with our belongings to check out.

at these costs - NOT impressed
    • Classic Queen Room

The Pullman on first impression looked not bad but on closer inspection it became obvious how dated and in desperate needs for some TLC the place is. Tiny TV in the room. Bathroom had loads of chipped tiles and the grout definitely needs urgent replacing. Beds were very soft and could do with replacing. No complimentary water but instead a bottle of warm still water for about €5 I was a little underwhelmed by the staff... very abrupt answers, not particular friendly or helpful. Over all value for many was very poor - sorry but almost €150 with the early bird rate for that quality of room and WITHOUT breakfast is no longer acceptable. Other hotels close by feel like better value for money - therefore I can not recommend this place.

for my purpose the hotel was well located opposite the S-/U-Bahn. room felt clean.

Location is great.
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast is not included and is pricey. 2 min walk to a bakery quickly overcomes that

Location is great. 1 min walk to the train station where you can catch direct Sbahn train into downtown Stuttgart (15 min ride) Excellent access to parks, restaurants, shopping.

Friendly staff/ Great access to public transportation/ Slow complimentary wi-fi
    • Classic Queen Room

Free WiFi is too slow (256kbps). Expected more especially from a well established hotel even though it's complimentary which is a very basic provision nowadays. If you need higher speed, purchase at 6€/24h is available though

Staffs were extremely helpful and friendly. Room is spacious and room service is not too bad as well. We liked that the hotel is surrounded by public transport access (bus, u-bahn, s-bahn). Convenient to go anywhere (make sure you buy the 3-days pass from the hotel if you are using the public transport frequently/ weekly from the office outisde the hotel)

Rest, unwind, explore
    • Classic Queen Room

Opened window at night and nice breeze blew into room. Cab drivers talked and argued until two in the morning. Had to close the window.

Location was great for walking and unwinding after a long flight. Neighborhood was very interesting, clean and safe. Wide range of people walking with train station so close. Spa amenities were good and outside lounging area offered peace and quiet.

Would be great if a/c worked
    • Classic Queen Room

A/C didn't work. For the money paid, I expected better. I definitely would not recommend staying here until they fix that or the temps are much cooler. Breakfast dramatically overpriced @ 24EUR per person. Walk into town for an excellent bakery breakfast for 1/5 the price.

Nice room with windows that open wide, fridge, hot water cooker, helpful/responsive staff, great location on the Ubahn/Sbahn line and into Vaihingen for food and shopping.

Nice Hotel if the aircon is working!!
    • Superior Room

The aircon didn't work for the whole trip and it was 30 degrees!! Also the safe broke and the staff couldn't even get it open so one evening we had to borrow money from our friend to go out to eat!!! Thy managed to open it later that evening.

nice pool. great transport links

Nice weekend gettaway
    • Classic Double Room

My room was on the front side of the hotel. and to much noise at night from drunk people getting off tram. Also inside Hotel Bar. The Bar tender was very unfriendly and very arrogant. And the Jacuzzi did not work at the pool, but hotel advertises.

The room was very nice.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Nice Hotel for business, but a little on the pricey side.
    • Classic Queen Room

Breakfast is much too expensive for the average business traveler who just wants a little something the begin the day, rather than a full blown meal. Meals were rather expensive, but that is to be expected (unfortunately) for hotels these days. Air Condition was not working when I arrived, but the staff was able to repair it the next day, after I requested.

Convenient location for my business needs. Fantastic location to catch public transportation. Wi-Fi was very fast and at a reasonable cost for 1-week access. It was nice to have an option for pillows as the typical super fluffy pillows (that disappear when you put your head down) don't always satisfy. Convenient parking and access once you arrange with reception. Very friendly staff!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

The rate that was on your website is not the rate they...
    • Classic Twin Room

The rate that was on your website is not the rate they charged me. I was charged more and they said I would have to contact booking.com regarding the change in price

wonderful perfect hotel
    • Classic Queen Room

the internet : because it was really slow (and i needed to stream for work) i bought extra but also this was very slow and for hours unable to use however the staff gave me a number to get it solved but it didn t help (too many people online they told me

i love this hotel ! second stay great pool great spa all perfect! i appreciated the later checkout too ideally located easy to reach comfortable bed looking forward to my next stay!

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Pullman it's a name and should have all of them, the...
    • Classic Queen Room

I included. Already above ....

Pullman it's a name and should have all of them, the hotels , their own standard. This one needs to improve the interiors design...i saw already a start in changing funiture . Our room has mixt furniture:the old one , think from 1980 and new style ,minimalist....the tiles in the bathroom again was visible that is an improvment, partial one...who doesn' t look nice,. The hotel definetly , needs a new face.especially the reception area, the carpet should go out ....keeps the smell and the dust...and iit is not nice at all.... Also,have to say the good parts: We slept very well and we enjoyed the steam and e pool area. The staff very kind and friendly and also we apreciated the restaurant services and our dinner!!!! Thank you!

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Really a nice place to stay !
    • Classic Queen Room

Every thing was good. The breakfast area could be much cleaner

The room was very good & very clean. Location is very good, the view from the room was very good. Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Overall good experience.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Nothing really.

Super location, in a quiet area but so close to Stuttgart centre, and well accessible by public transport. Car park below convenient although tiny spots. Lovely personnel, very helpfull. Rooms well equipped, but slightly worn. Good value for money for sure and overall more than recommendable for a visit to Stuttgart for business or leisure.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Disappointed
    • Classic Queen Room

Request a non-smoking room but was told all rooms were occupied. However, looking into the booking site, there were plenty of rooms. At last, I was told to sleep in the room with sofa bed in the first night. Very disappointed.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

Location is excellent with rail service within 100 meters...
    • Classic Queen Room

Too warm in hotel, WiFi OK but could be better - but am not paying for it.

Location is excellent with rail service within 100 meters and roughly halfway between city centre and airport/Messe. Rooms are not large but functional and comfortable with good bathroom. Free WiFi, but not the best. Good happy hour in the bar! Second visit here in two years, no real changes.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Back to the 90s
    • Classic Queen Room

Very bad WiFi. Very annoying on a business trip. Very unfriendly staff. Except breakfast restaurant is basic.

Very nice spa with pool and sauna facilities. Nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Outstanding short stay
    • Classic Queen Room

Loved the location and amenities. There was a very nice indoor pool and spa. The breakfasts were wonderful and the lobby bar was relaxing. The room was comfortable but could have used some extra pillows. The bathroom was super nice. Loved my stay here!

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Cozy and comfortable
    • Classic Queen Room

I was charged twice for room service. The receipt I signed had one price, but my final invoice had a different total. Luckily, I caught it before checking out. The parking garage was VERY difficult to get in and out.

The front desk clerks were very welcoming and helpful. There's dedicated inexpensive parking.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Lovely hotel with great spa facilities
    • Classic Queen Room

Parking facilities are not good, you either need a very small car or extremely good driving skills to park. Our 4x4 could hardly fit around the corners of the parking. The bathroom in the hotel is extremely small.

Lovely hotel quiet room. Friendly staff. Really beautiful swimming pool

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Very helpful and friendly staff. Good breakfast. Bad parking garage.
    • Superior Room

The parking garage is terrible- small spaces, oddly laid out and just a nightmare to park a larger vehicle in. There is also an added cost to use it.

The staff was a delight and very helpful and friendly when we requested to change rooms for personal preference. The room was clean and comfortable. Based on the service alone, we'd stay here again.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Way too expensive for the quality.
    • Classic Queen Room

The staff welcoming, the restaurant downstairs, the price, the internet, the spa.

The vintage style of the old Pullman, the size of the room, the bath. that's about it!

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

I reserved the hotel because it says free wifi in all ares...
    • Classic Queen Room

I reserved the hotel because it says free wifi in all ares but this is not true. They do not provide internet. You just connect to the modem, and wait for the page to open or mail to be downloaded.

Well Chuffed.
    • Classic Twin Room

Although 4 miles or so from Stuttgart the transport is 2nd to none, U Bahn, S Bahn, buses and taxi's all at the front door. Staff were all very helpful and kindly. Wouldn't hesitate to use again.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Clean room with comfortable beds.
    • Classic Twin Room

Clean room with comfortable beds. Located right beside the train station and the bus to Rust (Europa park) was in the hotel grounds. The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Not good as other Pullman hotels
    • Classic Twin Room

small room and hard parking !

location is not really convenient for traveler! far from downtown and facilities are a little be old.should be update to compete with the reputation !

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Anyone could have used my room on my account!
    • Classic Double Room

My husband arrived prior to me and though I had booked the room only for myself the Hotel staff let him into my room without identification or verifying with me! They never once asked to see my passport or credit card to pay but deducted the room from my credit card. Any one could have used my room on my account! The air conditioning couldn't be turned off so we slept with the windows wide open!

Conveniently located hotel with great breakfast!
    • Classic Double Room

Wonderful location at the Vaihingen Bahnhof - so convenient from the Airport on the S-Bahn. Breakfast is also very good!

Good option

Parking is expensive

Breakfast is superb!

Nice place.
    • Classic Queen Room

Room was incredibly warm!! Even when I turned the thermostat to lowest temperature.......

Great breakfast service and choice!

The worst Pullman Hotel I ever stayed

Most

Good & comfortable hotel. I recommend.
    • Classic Twin Room

Comfortable, spacious and clean room. Excellent breakfast. Very convenient if you require the use of the train station.

good location and staff are always smile.
    • Classic Twin Room

good location and staff are always smile.

The hotel staff were not very friendly and helpful.
    • Classic Queen Room

The hotel staff were not very friendly and helpful.

Not Value for Money as we spent 275 euro’s a night from 26 Feb 2018 to 3 March 2018
    • Classic Queen Room

Pathetic Breakfast same very very limited items everyday. Total German Basic breads / pastries / Salami’s nothing much.

Very good

The spa service

Room service

The room was neat

The room was neat

Spacious room
    • Classic Queen Room

Lobby & reception area smelly of food Poor room lighting Staff not very polite at reception desk

Spacious room Well equipped Gym

Breakfast for 24 eur pp? Really? Parking for 16 eur for 12...
    • Classic Twin Room

Breakfast for 24 eur pp? Really? Parking for 16 eur for 12 overnight hours? Very poor experience

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Hotel met expectations
    • Classic Queen Room

Nothing springs to mind...

Good location for getting to town centre and to airport. Comfortable bed, quiet room.

Location , nice rooms

Free wifi is a joke !

Location , nice rooms

Hope I can return .
    • Classic Queen Room

Breakfast was excellent. Room was very comfortable. Location was excellent.

Perfect

Friendly staff

It was excellent.
    • Classic Queen Room

Could not justify staying longer.

The staff was truly special. Professional and helpful.

Enjoyed the days spent in Germany. Nice and cozy accommodation.
    • Classic Double Room

There are not much breakfast options for a vegetarian or a Non pork eater.

Easy access, by the vahingen metro station.

Very bad breakfast quality and poor service!
    • Classic Queen Room

Very bad breakfast quality and poor service!

Nice Hotel, but far away from the center
    • Classic Twin Room

Far away from the Stuttgart city center, and the parking is very expensive

Nice Hotel, the spanish receptionist is very professional

Very poor air conditioning in the hotel and all the rooms.
    • Classic Double Room

Very poor air conditioning in the hotel and all the rooms... it was hot weather...

Convenient Lodging
    • Classic Double Room

Location was perfect for my need. Have stayed at the Pullman-Fontana many times before.

Good location---great breakfast and restaurant

Good location---great breakfast and restaurant

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Wonderful stay in Stuttgart
    • Classic Twin Room

Great location with easy access to the public transportation, e.g. S-Bahn, U-Bahn

Good location, train station at the hotel.
    • Classic Queen Room

Good location, train station at the hotel. Rooms were clean and staff was great.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Nice hotel but not more
    • Classic Queen Room

Poor Shower, low value for money

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Excellent beds, clean room and bathroom.
    • Classic Twin Room

A bit far from city center and bathroom a bit out fashioned.

Excellent beds, clean room and bathroom.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

CONFORTABLE BED

FREE WIFI SO SLOW

CONFORTABLE BED

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Free internet is miserable.
    • Superior Room

Free internet is miserable.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Overall was good... thank you!
    • Classic Twin Room

The bed and the neighbors had dog ... it was barking all the time.

The staff attitude, they were so kind and very professional.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

6.0
    Breakfast was pretty good.
    • Classic Queen Room

Internet was most of the time not available or very slow.

Breakfast was pretty good.Better than most hotels.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

A lovely hotel in a great location
    • Classic Twin Room

Very helpful staff, great location, lovely spa

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016