Reviews of Hotel Franken an der Messe 3 stars

Frankenallee 185, Gallusviertel, 60326 Frankfurt/Main, Germany

I got a room with no aircon, so I had to keep a window open. However, there's a street and a small park, so it was quite noisy.

The breakfast here is just amazing! The rest is also good: friendly personnel, comfortable bed and clean room - exactly what I needed. The location is so-so. However, it feels much safer and cleaner than the area near Central Station.

Our room was on the 4th floor. There is no elevator in the hotel. Wasn't nice climbing all the stairs especially with suitcases. It was too hot. There were no fans in the rooms.

Nice rooms with a fridge. We were three people and had two separate rooms with a bathroom.

Every time I come to Frankfurt I stay in the Hotel Franken! Perfect location! Clean room! Delicious breakfast! Staff always very attentive to the guest! Above all Mr. Kemea! Thank you so much all of you!!

I like this hotel because the price is cheap for one night with very clean room and the location is near the supermarket and station and garden for my children.the receptionist is very kind to answer my question and i can leave my luguage there before check-in time.i will stay there more if i come back frankfurt.thanks a lot.

Fresh coffee outside rooms was sometimes empty especially later in the evening but staff would have probably refilled it if asked

Decent hotel and clean room in a quiet and safe area not too far from the centre. Tram 21 which regularly passes near the hotel goes to the riverbank past main station. The shower was quite powerful and fresh coffee available just outside rooms. Staff were earlier very accommodating with my request to check in early due to flight time into Frankfurt Intl. and my room was ready on arrival at no extra charge. On booking I also requested a quiet room if available and was given a room with the adjacent rooms empty it seemed so was able to get a good sleep the first night while after the second night I had an early checkout. I didn't have breakfast at the hotel so can't comment on this part.

In the rooms there were lots of broken things - e.c. the door of the shower were impossible to close, there were no doors in the wardrobe - they stood at do wall, the cooker was on the table but it was impossible to use it, there were no door of the kitchen unit, we had only one part of electric kettle - the cooker - but the kettle was not there. Beds were too soft - it was hard to sleep there. Some socket were open or there were something put inside - it looks dangerous. The wifi was falling dawn so we could not use it more people together.

The location was very good for us - the messe was about 20 min far away and the centre 30 min far away - you could walk. The area was very nice - lots of shops, cafes and possibilities to eat. The rooms we got were big and also nice but there were some ...

There was a little rubbish from the previous guest under the bed. There were no thick curtains, only net curtains. The walls were thin - I could hear talking and coughing from the neighbouring room.

The staff were friendly and efficient. The hotel is walkable from the S-Bahn and from the main train station and is in a nice residential area not far from a park. The wifi worked well. TV had many channels in various languages. Nice and warm. Good-quality shower.

See comments above

It is unaceptable to pay 300 euros for this room in this "hotel". I guess that they took profit of the high occupation in Frankfurt during these days but it is not a hotel in which i would spend one night with my family... I suspect that it is used by people who wants to spend one night with privacy to do things that they would not do at home...

The single rooms are very tight on space. I didn't expect huge rooms but the room I was in was very small along with an awkward bathroom set up. There was quite a bit of noise during my stay due to replenishment. Breakfast is ok but mostly from bars, tins and packets.

The bed was really comfortable. The room was lovely and warm even during the snow. Water pressure was good and temperature was good.

Cigarette smoke from past guests in a non-smoking room.

Great location. Easy access to mass transit to anywhere in the city. Quiet street with no traffic noise. Cosy small room with all the essentials for a single traveller.

I tottally don’t recommend this place. It’s for sure that it’s not worth the price even though it is cheaper than the other hotels. They packed my stuff and took it to another room WITHOUT TAKING MY PERMISSION and even without telling. I was shocked when I came back to the hotel. I didn’t think that the rooms were clean. Even though it was forbidden to smoke the rooms were smelling awful it was for sure that everyone smokes in the room. It’s not far from the centre but still not really close. When I came late I felt scared while walking to the hotel from the station. Sooo, don’t recommend at all!

The rooms were warm

No elevator. The place is old and there are stains on the furniture.

The location is good with several supermarkets and restaurants nearby. The main station is close, public transportation is close by.

It’s not really close to the airport, it looks like because its only the river in between, but you actually have to take two different trains to get there. The place is not very stylish, lacks decoration and taste.

Despite most commentaries, I actually likes this place. Staff was professional and cool about me arriving at 11pm. The room was great, nothing fancy, but very clean and comfortable, exactly what I paid for, water heater and tea/coffee station, ironing desk, tv, heater (on the wall, easy to work) and a very nice bathroom. The shower was great, very spacious and clean to me.

When I went there it was under renovation (still it is). The property doesn't have the lift so it is difficult to take your luggage and move up. Internet wasn't available for first two days they had the problem with the machine. In the bathroom, shower water flow was very slow so it was difficult to take bath. breakfast room was very cold. I was looking for hot milk and it wasn't available. In the breakfast room, they don't speak the language so it was difficult to communicate.

They clean the room every day. People are nice.

About 3-4 days before arriving I make a request for early check in, no one answered me, and when I arrive, I had to wait about 3 hours to check in. There was a repair works in hotel, so a little nousy and dirty, and also WiFi wasn't working(.

Room was good, not so big, but great for one person, and it was clean.

Everything. Staff asked me I am from China so I answered I am from South Korea and he asked me again I am from North Korea. How could I get this kind questions at the hotel reception? And the room was really tiny and cold. I had to wear jacket with the fur as It was really freaking freezing during the night. Besides, the shower head was broken. So I could see all dirty things in the head. Even though I was washing myself, I thought It could be more dirty after shower. In addition to, location was not good. It takes almost 1 hour to city centre by walk and takes 10 minutes to the nearest station by walk. It means, if you're tired and have lots of luggage, it could be really annoying to yourself.

Nothing. It was worst ever. Because of the big exhibition, I didn't have other choice. So I stayed there and It was really terrible.

It's not easy travelling from the airport unless you really know what you doing. It's easy when you know...take the metro from the airport to the main station in Frankfurt Change to line F5 to the station. Best check info at Google. I paid our room until 11am and at 10.50 am the chamber maid nock on our bedroom door demanding us to leave! And gave us a bad look! It was very unprofessional!!does the management of the hotel tell them to do this?? It's bad

We enjoy to stay at the hotel We liked the area where the hotel is 15 MNS walk from metro station Metro line to station is F5 There is supermarket near the hotel There is also take aways

The room smelt of cigarettes, the carpet was very dirty, the fittings were dirty, the bed was surrounded by cobwebs the bathroom smelt bad. There was dust on all the surfaces. The worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

The location was good for Messe conference center. Having the bureau In the room was a nice touch. The shower pressure was good.

Interior should be replaced one day - it's really clean hotel with very outdated interior. From the other side hotel in this area for this price probably could be just with outdated interior :)

It's ok when you need a place to stop overnight and don't take a care about the interior and so on.. This hotel is a few hundred meters from Ubahn and a few kilometers away from the city center. Area is very quiet,but has a food shop on the neighborhood and an exceptional and not expensive Japanese restaurant.

We did not occupy one of the rooms we booked because the other room was sufficient for our family. Unfortunately, the staff would not refund the full amount for the unused room. It's too bad they did not have better customer service. Take note when booking at this property sight unseen.

The property was clean and easily accessible.

I was surprised to have a room on the 4th floor. There’s no elevator and they know I got 3 kids - from 1 month old to 7 years old. That was very difficult for the first day. Luckily I changed it to 2nd floor the next day.

My room was dirty especially under bed. I have broken iron. Sink was in hall not in bathroom. If you can, try to find something different.

Breakfast was ok.

The big problem with this property are the mice that you can find in rooms. I tired to speak with somebody how is in charge there but they couldn't do anything. The let us (me and my friends) to sleep with a mouse in the room that ate from a chocolate.

The property is close ti the train station.

They renovated the room next door until 22 o'clock in the eveing! Loud as hell. Besides there's no heating in the room You don't really have to book ahead online because it seems they always have rooms available in this hotel, so you can actually have a look at the rooms first before you book.

good price for the location

Rooms were clean but in very bad shape ( destroyed furnitures , holes in bed shits, wholes in the walls ans destroyed / but possible to use - toilet).

This hotel has a nic location and personel as well as the atmosphere.

No parking provided. You just have to find a space outside by yourself. When I asked for the car park that they claimed to offer they asked where I put the car and said "there is ok"! Room extra small. It was difficult to move around. Staff at the reception in the evening shift quite rude and unwelcoming.

It felt like a hostel. Beds were too soft and the room was freezing initially with nowhere to really sit down. The owner did bring us a heater which was greatly appreciated once we asked.

Big room and very clean. Great access to public transport close by.

Quite some noise in the morning (since about 8AM) from some construction inside the building and people having breakfast. A bit on the expensive side, for being outside of city center.

The room is nicely decorated, clean and comfortable. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The parking on the street is free.

Free parking is a joke. Free parking means you need to find a spot in the street. And it’s not easy. Had a conversation with staff about this and the classical crap service showed up. Room was smelling smoke.

***highly recommend***The facility was so clean and location is great(only 6min from the train station). Especially, the owner of the hotel was super-duper helpful. We (3 people, me and my parents) stayed there for only one night, but we will definitely come back for our next trip to Frankfurt. Our last day of the trip was super pleasant because of the stay at the hotel. Thank you, Mr. Adali! We will definitely come back again! :D

I did not like the smell from sewerage in the bathroom. Also I do not like animals very much. Especially mouses (at least 3) running on the desk and floor... But both problems might be specific to particular room (47), not the entire hotel...

Breakfast was really good.

As a family suppose one reservation must have near rooms, they gave us one room at the first floor, the other one at the fourth floor,, the cleanness was poor.

Location is good,, free car parking near to the center of the city.

Was a good budget hotel. Comfy enough, pillows where the one downfall. Shower was good, clean and quiet. Close enough to city easy tram or train ride away

actually, it was the worst Hotel I have ever seen. the reception personnel was completely unfriendly. the room was not that I booked at your web site, there were only 2 small beds while I have chosen I big bed and I small for me and my family. moreover, the room was unclean, there was lip stick in the blanket and semen on the bed can you imagine that?!!!! the refrigerator was broken. the bathroom was completely unclean. actually, it was catastrophic stay.

the place around the Hotel is joyful

The room was not clean. There were no bed sheets, only mattress covers, which were smelly. Same story with the blankets and the pillows. The neighborhood was not that nice.

Great view from the small balcony.

I had paid for two nights but did stay only one night. I had no entitlement of being reimbursed for the second night but the reception staff promised a partial reimbursement. I have not received any!

Ok breakfast

Booked a room for my wife and I and we got a room with two single beds in it, we aslo have a baby, no cot facilities. No lift facilities, mini fridge empty, not the cleanest of places, when I arrived staff member was rude about use of the computer. but it was only a place to get my head down so for the price, it was ok I guess

Not handicap accessible, location isn't that great, nothing against the hotel but probably wouldn't stay again.

The price was okay but would've payed more for location and less steps. My father had surgery recently and isn't supposed to walk up steps, however he had to go up steps into the building, and a flight of steps to our room. Initially we were on the 4th floor! Wouldn't stay again, you don't save as much as you spend in train tickets into the city.

The bath room needed a really good clean. Dirty grout & stains.

We liked the location being close to the city with lots of places to eat near by.

A/C or a fan would have been nice in the room, but I don't usually expect to have that in Germany.

The room was very spacious. It was a little warm since there in no a/c or fan in the room, but it cooled off later in the night with the window open. My room was on the street side so I got some outside noise from people hanging out in front of the property. There is a lovely little park and play ground right across the street. Nice neighbourhood. Bakery and store a block away. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Well as I mentioned about the location of this hotel is very good, but the services and facilities inside the property could have been better. The room offered to us was ok but facilities inside the room was really unsatisfactory. Television was not working, heater was not working, iron board was not working, refrigerator was broken. even when we complained about the same one technician came and he couldn't solve and he did not came back. bathroom is really horrible i can say, you cannot even bend down as the size is too small, not recommended at all for a hotel. even a local guesthouse will have a better bathroom. Over all i am not satisfied with the stay in this property.... Not worth for money paid....

What I like about this hotel is the location where it is located. Around the hotel is the beautiful park and walking street for families as well as young people who can jog or walk or even sit in the park.

Sleept in room 6 (single room, ground floor) and it was very noisy. The AC didn't work.

Nice staff although their english was not good at all. Went there with bike - they have a back room where you can store it safely. Comfortable beds.

Free parking is on the street, if you can find a spot. Even the no parking (drop off) zone in front of the hotel was blocked. The staff did not help with luggage, even when they were asked to do so.

Great view from our 4th floor rooftop room. Hotel lies next to a peaceful tree lined street with one-way slow traffic only.

The room is looking a bit old, and the bathroom was a bit rusty/moldy at places.

This is a good option if you are mostly looking for a cheap room in Frankfurt (however prices seem to vary depending when big events are going on in the city). The location is a bit off center but easy to reach with 2 tram lines option. Street parking is convenient if you go there by car. There are bakeries, restaurants and a supermarket very close-by.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

The cleanliness to an extent. A previous guest left kids pj behind and yoghurt in the fridge that wasn't removed before we arrived. And the shower head didn't fit in the holder. Other than that everything was excellent.

Style and decor of the room was great and up to date, with comfortable beds. 20 minute walk to the convention centre and main shopping mall (sky plaza) the Train station is close by which took us right into the city centre. The staff were lovely helpful and very welcoming.

We planned to stay just a night and continue our journey the next morning but I fell sick and had to extend my stay. It was during Easter and most of the shops were closed. The guy at the counter ( Mr Suria Kumar) got a box of milk for my kids. Such friendly and helpful staff they have got. Thanks and keep it up.

Though not a problem for me the hotel has no lift so suggest persons of limited mobility request low floor accommodation. TV didn't work.

Very warm and friendly welcome. Great staff.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Very important you must know Hotel is closing at 01:30 am that mean doors are closed and no one will open it unless you have keys. this info is written on the wall but no one tells you on arrival, so lessons learned always ask hotel rules if any.

Well little to say however hotel is not bad its ok. do not expect much. place is quite, clean and they give 2 bottle of water free.

The lock on our door seemed a little flimsy so we were reluctant to leave any valuables in our room any time we left.

Staff were very helpful. Our flight came in much later than anticipated and they allowed us to check in after their guidelines at no extra cost. The room had a nice city view, good storage space and a fridge and kitchen sink, which we weren't expecting.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Room size and facilities. It requires clearly refurbishment and it not suitable for business stay. Totally overpriced during the exhibition week. I try hard in giving it a one star but other than a BB rating is exaggerating.

Actually, I did not like anything about this Hotel

There was a lot of dust under the bed like it wasn't cleaned for weeks and generally the cleaning looked like superficial.In the bathroom it was fine. No lift to reach the upper floors.The position of the hotel is not that comfortable at all,the subway stop is not that near.

The room was not big but good enough and very comfortable,with some service like a small "kitchen" and iron

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

In a non-smoking room very bad smell of cigarettes , bad cleaning, they changed my sheets and towels only after 4 days at my request , the lady from breakfast used a pair of rubber gloves for cutting cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes and with the same gloves she touched the trash bag .

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

There is no Elevator !!! I hardly slept the first night & I had to change room as the bad mattress was very week & I felt like sleeping in an angle. No phone in the second room & I had to climb up & down 3 levels when needed service. Pls' verify that pictures are matching reality.

Breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Breakfast was simply "meh", room was tiny, everything so badly maintained, dining room full of cheap plastic decoration (don't call it 'homey design'), you can hear all the noise from the corridors and staircase ...

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

in the bathroom was something growing between the wall tiles. there was no lift the fridge was dirty no toiletpaper on the bathroom

the bed was fine, the breakfast suprised us!

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Shower outlet almost completely stuck (I stood in 5cm water after 2min). The window would not close completely, I did not mind, but in cold weather it could be a problem. The room smelled weird. The floor had strange bumps underneath. Closet was wobbly. No elevator. Thin walls. Parking in the street.

location, helpfull staff

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

During the night the heater started to make some noise and we were not able to fix it, it made us all awake in our room :(

One of the best value for money hotels we stayed during our trip to Germany. We were 6 persons divided in 2 rooms, they both were very clean, comfy and well equipped with a kettle, mugs for coffee/tea, hair dryer and iron and in one of them there was a frigobar and kitchen sink, which was very helpful since we like making our own breakfast when traveling with the full family.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

The bed is a little too soft.

It's not near the center but the public transport by S Bahn or by tram is quite convenient. The facilities are well-equipped, with a kettle for hot water. The room is clean and quiet. Wifi works well.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

There was no elevator and when you have to carry your bag to the 3rd floor after a long journey is difficult. The decoration is very poor. Breakfast was average and closed at 9.30

It was clean.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

bathroom clean but in the bedroom, cleanliness has to be improved. problem to book the room with the credit card (need to ask the help of booking.com)

close to the train, restaurants, supermarket quiet room easy to park the car (for free)

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Everything was pretty nice and comfortable. The room wasn't huge, but it's enough to stay for 1-2 nights. Good continental breakfast, free tea and coffee in the lobby. Very cozy atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

the situation is not the perfect to visit the citty La situación no es del todo buena para visitar el centro

Rooms are really beauty and confy staff is really nice. Las habitaciones son muy bonitas, la gente del hotel es muy agradable

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

We stayed with little kids and asked for a non smoking room but it was a smoking room plus they dont seem like they vacume the room well bunch of big pile of dust was in the room. Bathroom was so sticky as well. They don't own a parking lot, could be a pain finding one around that area.

they give you free bottled waters.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• At the check in I asked for a bill with the company’s invoice and the gentleman was rude saying I should have told that at the time of the reservation. • At the check in I asked for an iron and ironing board (which I specified in the reservation) and the gentleman said it was in the room. It turned out not to be in the room. • There is no elevator, I stayed on the 3rd floor and had to carry by luggage through the stairs. • The bedroom nr. 36 was probably a closet/housekeeping room, which was adapted into a bedroom. • The bedroom had around 8m2; I did not even have space enough to have my luggage open. • There is no sink in the bathroom; there is one dish washing basin in the corridor. • The bottom of the toiled was brown. • There were hairs on the floor. • There is one free socket in the room and it´s in the corridor. If you want to charge your phone and laptop you have a problem. • I could not sit on the chair, which was full of stains. • There was not enough toilet paper when I arrived at 9pm in the evening. The next day before I left the hotel there was no more toilet paper left. I passed by the reception asking them to put toilet paper during the day and when I arrived at 6pm there was still none. I wanted to call the reception (not go down again the 3 floors) but the telephone had no wire. I then took the phone down with me to the reception and asked how was I supposed to call them if the telephone had no cable. The gentleman (the same during the check in) said that all rooms have telephones that do not work. So I went upstairs again with the telephone in my hand and the toilet paper.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

hairdryer..old fashion thing on the wall, dusty cupboard, area not save at night, breakfast lady not very friendly, booked this hotel for garden, but was open only for breakfast and had no time to enjoy it

clean towels every morning. friendly reception staff.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Neither pleasant nor very unpleasant as hotel - but didnt feel very welcome or comfortable.

Served the purpose I needed a room for: one S-bahn stop from Messe (Fair), one from Haupthbahnhof (Central Station) - but in a nondescript area of town.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Our room was in first floor and there was no elevator in the hotel. We had to carry our luggage upstairs by ourselves. Also there is no 24h front desk!!! Our flight was at 2am and there was no one to check out or to take the room keys from us.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

The first guy at the reception didn't give a damn if I could or not be satisfied with the hotel. He didn't inform me at my arrival that I would need a username for internet access. After I realized that by myself in the room and had to walk from the third floor up to him again, I told you I had tried to talk to him by the phone, but this was disconnected. He didn't apologize but just said "OK" and printed the internet access data for me. In the room I used the phone but when I tried to access the network through the laptop, I was told I had already registered a device. So, I had to walk downstairs again to explain this to the terrible employee. At least, he printed a new piece of paper with additional access data.

The room was very hot (they don't have air conditioning) They don't have an elevator (if you have lots of luggage and your room is on the third floor you get a good exercise ;-)

The room was small but clean Good access to Frankfurt Central Station - just one stop away (Galluswarte) via Metro Relatively quiet neighborhood with little traffic

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

We stored our luggages in the hotel after checking out in which they provide this service. When we came back, we found them put in a public area outside the reception and one of our luggages was stolen. Worse still, I sent them an email to follow up the stolen luggage and they didn't even reply me. It has been a month that I sent the email.

Fair facilities but really bad experience living here.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

The last night I found wasps in my room so they change my room and make me sleep in very small room in the ceiling at the fourth foor, the room was very small and there was the WC just in front of the bed!!! The roof was so short that I couldn't even peeing standing up... I was expecting my money back for the last night but they just say sorry...

Teh breakfast was really good

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

I would pay less for the room with a view to the closed backyard with garbage boxes). Dusty.

Facilities (fridge, ventilator, free coffee and tea at the reception, a bottle of water after every cleaning (every day).

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

No air, the only window gave to a warehouse. The room was extremily hot. It was like sleeping inside a sauna. I didn't expect a lot given the low price but that is not acceptable.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

I didn't like the fact that there wasn't a lift. Had to carry a heavy bag to the second floor and staff refused to help. Staff also gave me wrong directions to public transport.

Overall it was a clean and comfortable place to stay for a night.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

shower needs to be fixed.

The extreme low-cost room type with 30 Euro pro night is a tiny room but facilitated with everything you might need, including an old-school styled desk with huge mirror for work and beside the desk a huge window which allows breezy wind in to fresh your mind. It's quiet, clean and cozy, totally worth every penny of it. Highlight: free coffee and tea table in the lobby hall.

Browse Hotel Franken an der Messe traveller photo gallery