Reviews of ibis Hotel Frankfurt Messe West This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Breitenbachstraße 7, Bockenheim, 60487 Frankfurt/Main, Germany

#132 of 221 hotels in Frankfurt/Main

DO NOT PRE-PAY.

My pre-paid reservation was "lost". I was offered to buy another room. I had to share my friends room. The reservation was "found" the next day, by a more capable staff member at the desk. I was offered a refund, by the none-at-all apologetic staff member. That didn't happen. Thankfully, the next day, that staff member was still on her shift, otherwise the refund would not have happened at all. I wouldn't have gone out of my way to complain, if there had been sign of an apology. DON'T PRE-PAY, even if it's cheaper.

Comfy bed.

Don't pick this without reading reviews!

The room was not prepared/clean at the time of arrival. There was absolutely no wifi inside the room and the property was not well kept. By far my most disappointing experience at any ibis property.

The staff was friendly, the stay was below average as the so-claimed 24 hr snacks kitchen had just 2 options to choose from.

It was my first trip to Germany and was very impressed with everything. Will go again

No facilities for making a tea or coffee. Asked for ground floor room but was on 2nd but there was a lift so wasn't a problem.

The bed was comfy. The shower was excellent. Plenty of room to put clothes. The place was very clean. The staff was very helpful and spoke excellent English.

Small rooms, good prices, near city.

Rooms don't have  mini bar and safe. Rooms are quite small, and TV has 90% programs in german language.

I like that no carpets in rooms, but normal laminate. I don't like carpet in the room, because it is hiding dust. TV has many programs. Their employees are very nice. Two more good things are: very quick lift and good breakfast. You can go to  city center in 15 minutes by metro, and so will need and to fair- with one train change.

ridiculous

I'd booked 2 months in advance for 2 rooms on booking.com. I called the hotel a few hours before arrival to check about check-in times, and they couldn't find my reservation. The guy on the phone was very rude and dismissive, saying there was nothing he could do. I had to insist and get very angry before he delved deeper into his computer, I had to tell him the exact day I booked the hotel before he found the reservation. He was not at all apologetic and said "I'm going to have to cancel other people to give you our rooms as we're fully booked" LOL Then when we turned up to check-in I had the same thing all over again (probably a different staff member) who then tried to overcharge me by 50€. I refused to pay, and showed him the confirmation email from booking.com with the correct price and he said "nothing I can do". After much shouting and the guy refusing to take the correct payment and refusing to give us the rooms, the solution offered was to charge a caution of the inflated price on my credit card, and to carry on the fight with the manager the following morning. One hour after we got to our rooms, the same idiot called my room to say he'd found my reservation, so I went down to pay in cash and made sure he cancelled my credit card caution. No apology at all. Terrible place. Stay away.

Nice rooms and private bathroom

I liked service, the employed staff are really friendly.

The Internet didn’t work in the room. When I wanted to use it, I had to reach for the lobby. I hated it! I was disappointed

I liked service, the employed staff are really friendly.

good value for money

Since we were two guests I would have preferred to have two shower towels instead of just one. But anyway, we helped the planet!

Very nice and well-heated room, with and very comfortable bed! I loved the parquet. Very good connection to the city centre.

Lovely hotel and great staff!

No hot drink facilities in the room, you have to buy from the bar,

Very clean, staff were very friendly and only 10 minute ride into frankfurt main via train and 15 mins from the airport via taxi!

Very convenient with good access into town as well as what you would expect from any Ibis hotel.

Location is miserable and dead. It’s an industrial/business area with offices and factories existing in the shadow of an overpass. Not very pleasant to work around at night, particularly alone.

Very close to u-barn with direct access into centre (5 stops on U6/U7)

Room has entryway where you can leave luggage and coats away...

Wi-fi is slow and constantly disconnecting. Eggs are the only option for warm breakfast.

Room has entryway where you can leave luggage and coats away from view. Nice bed and bathroom.

Typical Ibis style room design.

Typical Ibis style room design. Restaurant does not offer dinner, only breakfast. The breakfast is good. I selected this hotel because of proximity to the target of my business trip. Surroundings are dull and nothing to see except the green park along the Nidda river in 5 min walking distance.

This is a very good hotel where I have stayed on several...

This is a very good hotel where I have stayed on several occasions. Room size is adequate, good bathroom, comfortable bed, good working facility (desk, chair, power outlet) and good wifi. As soon as the window is closed the room is completely silent, even if it is facing the busy street and the U-Bahn. Friendly staff, good cleaning, good breakfast, good bar, easy parking behind the hotel. Everything about this hotel is 5 star :)

All good as usual, good position (just six stops of...

The shower has some problem ! Water on the Floor.

All good as usual, good position (just six stops of U6/U7 to Hauptwache - Center City), quite and comfortable room, rich and complete breakfast, fast Wi-Fi connection, a parking car (in my opinion a bit expensive - 11 Euro/day).

Franfurt Marathon

The hotel is located in the north of Frankfurt. To the center you need 30min by foot. There are no restaurants or shops close by. We only had shower towels, but no normal towels. We asked housekeeping for the towels, but nothing was provided. We were there for the Frankfurt Marathon. In the morning my husband asked at 7am for the early-bird breakfast as he only needed a simple breakfast before the run. The request was rejected given the time. Early-bird breakfast is only served until 6.30am. Normal breakfast costs 11€. Too expensive before a Marathon. Runners should choose a more friendly hotel.

Clean and comfortable room for a good price. Lot's of parking spaces. Daily rate is 11€.

enough for just a short stay

Normally I use hotel for a week or more, so it would be very nice if a coin laundry is available in the hotel. Also if a small refrigerator and microwave are available, that would be grate.

The cleanliness and hotel staff (24 H available) were very nice.

- Extra friendly and helpful staff, trying to make stay...

- WiFi signal in room could be better

- Extra friendly and helpful staff, trying to make stay really comfortable - Comfortable bed - Parking - Location (~15 min driving from airport, 1-2 mins to the closest subway station, by subway ~10-15 mins to City Center, Central Station or Messe)

Would definitely stay here again.

The blanket and pillow were a little too fluffy, not a big deal though.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was spotless. Breakfast was very good.

good and comfortable stay

nothing.

we enjoyed our stay. The hotel is clean, modern and quite. Staff are nice. it`s located about 20 minutes from city center so if you have a car it`s really a good location. great value for money, would definitely stay there the next time I am in town.

The room was not cleaned for more then 3 days !

The room was not cleaned for more then 3 days !!! Strongly complained at the reception but nothing happened . To pay an hotel for 11 days and not having the room clean on daily basis is unacceptable .

Nice hotel for the money

They were doing construction on the floor below us and in a room adjacent to the lobby, but at least they weren't working on it at night.

The design of the room was very modern and attractive, and the room was extremely clean. It was a beautiful hotel and the staff were very pleasant and helpful. Food prices were reasonable.

Not much to complain but also, not much to give credit to

They are painting and doing some project on the 2nd floor, but they still arrange us to stay on the same floor anyway. You can smell paint and see the drips of paint on the carpet all way through the hallway. Not a very good impression.

Bed is confirmable, compact bathroom. The surrounding was quiet even though the Ubahn station is just right across the street.

Receptionists were welcoming and reacted fast to the fact...

We arrived few hours after the check in started and the cleaning lady started cleaning the room only when we arrived.

Receptionists were welcoming and reacted fast to the fact that we waited at the hallway 20min for the lady to clean up our room , alhough we arrived few our after the check-in time. The room still had not been cleaned

Ideal out of town hotel

If breakfast was included in the price, it would have been nice (just thought it was expensive)

Loved the location. Just outside the city but with easy transport / tram into the city. Staff were very nice & the room great. We did not have the breakfast, just a coffee (but the beer from the bar was very good :) Would stay again.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Usual simple layout, perfectly equipped bathroom with...

Laminated floors above can be noisy however nothing too bad.

Usual simple layout, perfectly equipped bathroom with hairdryer, then double bed, tv. No mini bar. Bar downstairs happy to serve you. Didn't have breakfast at 11euros. North west of city centre but a short taxi ride for 15 euros to train station.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Adequate

There could have been more choice of food

The young lady on reception was possibly the most pleasant and helpful I have ever met particularly considering that she was also running the bar

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Pretty good

No mini fridge in the room so we couldnt buy fresh food or drinks. No hotel slippers and the floor was freezing!

Staff was really nice, I was able to get extra towels and blanket free of charge. I did not try the breakfast since it was pretty expensive. The pillow is really comfy, the bathroom is really clean and the curtain blocked the sunlight really well!

The bed was very comfortable

The location of the hotel is in the middle of a business district. Also there are no tea or coffee making facilities in the rooms.

The bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Pretty good deal for the money!

Some of staff knew very little english, making it sticky situation when their terminal didn't accept my debit card. Bed had no rubber padding at the legs, making it slide a lot on the smooth floor.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

different place different rules

I booked a double use sgl and they give me a sgl room with a sgl bed instead of a double bed . Once i said that my booking was for a double use sgl , so a doble bed the receptionist told me " but you ar one person!" funny :-) but is ok i work in hotel so i know what i meant :)

wi fi good, nice and clean as a chain hotel

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Good Value for money. But ...

1. there is no kettle in the room to prepare for myself tea / coffee. As a business traveler it is an essential after long days in the show and additional work done in the room to have that simple amenity. 2. No amenities in bathroom like shoe shine set, vanity set, conditioner, soap bar. 3. No hand towels provided - only 2 large towels and a towel to come out of shower. 4. Hotel's name is MESSE WEST but quite far from the MESSE - 2 trams and additional long walk into the MESSE. 5. We asked to have the room for additional 1.5 hours because our flight was later in the afternoon. No flexibility shown from front desk staff. I am sure that if Lisa was there - it would have been possible.

Room was nice size. clean. Bathroom clean. Wi Fi fairly good for iPhone and good internet connection once I figured it is a different password. Good Breakfast.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

The bed sheets were excellent, very soft.

The staff is not trained to give information about the conditions of the hotel and the people in the reception were very rude. It has influenced negatively our overal evaluation of the hotel.

The bed sheets were excellent, very soft.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Not correct follow up in booking reservations

Our reservation per booking was not in their system and it took a little bit of time to solve it, we were afraid of loosing our reservation and not having a place to sleep. Nevertheless they charged us the price agrees thru booking.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Would be a goof place - if not for totally unprofessional and rude staff.

Totally unprofessional staff - were not able to locate the booking, asked for Amadeus confirmation number (that booking.com doesn't provide to end customers) and finally rudely asked us to leave the premises. Only call to booking.com UK support helped (as no local or home country support available on weekend evenings). So one and half hour spent in vain - plus some euros for international call in roaming. During the stay staff didn't prove itself to be any better. Will never try any Ibis again.

Good location - out of the center noise and hustle, while close to train station and in a calm neighborhood.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Cama muy cómoda

WiFi pésima Caro para los servicios que ofrece WiFi really bad It is very expensive taking into account the services offered.

Cama muy cómoda Confortable bed

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

rude young guy receptionist on the night shift

After 5 hour drive we came at Ibis Frankfurt Messe West around 23u.00, we found a hair in our towel and hair near the shower. We exchanged the towel but the receptionist (blond, small young guy) couldn't resist but gossiping with his co-worker in german and even pointed out his finger at us. You don't need to speak the same language to understand he was gossiping about us. This was completely rude and unnecessary. If you feel like gossiping please do not do in front of the customer. He even couldn't resist by making a joke that he would charge 6,50 euro for the towel. Even not heard a sorry for the hair we found in the towel...How did this guy get his job I was thinking...I was soo tired and returned in the room. Furthermore there was no plastic bag in the dustbin so I have used my own plastic bag. The ladies who are working there are very friendly. Location is industrial zone but no prob if you go by car.

location ok by car wifi foreign tv channels

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Good for a short trip

Breakfast was too pricey for what was available (simple breads and cereal). Some staff couldn't really speak other languages than German which made it hard to ask about things.

Friendly, welcoming reception staff. Great location with trains being a short walk away, and small bakeries close by also. Rooms were spacious and clean with towels given daily - should you need them.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Nice to sleep a night, not more

They have changed the cost of delayed departure (at 5 pm instead of 6 pm, that was requested) from initially 15 Euro to 20 Euro without any confirmation. I have known that only at arrival to the hotel.

It would be more infomative, if there is information about how to get there. The bed is rather comfortable. Not bad room.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

comfortable, good food, near a park and restaurant

There was a slight smell from the basin, so we left the stopper in and everything was ok.

excellent choice at breakfast very comfortable bed quiet (overlooking car park)

Perfect venue for my base while in the region.

Perfect venue for my base while in the region. Friendly staff gave plenty advice about attractions, very enjoyable stay.

Nice mattress.

No kettle or coffee in room.

Nice mattress. Close to public transport.

In the shower were rests of glue from a shower matt hanging.

In the shower were rests of glue from a shower matt hanging. The rooms were really small, but ok.

GOOD VALUE HOTEL

GOOD LOCATION FOR PUBLIC TRANSPORT GOOD HOTEL SERVICE AND FRIENDLY STAFF

Acceptable

Breakfast was disappointing

Location was good for our needs

Relaxing

No fully freged hotel restaurant for meals.Thete was only snacks but hotel doesn't prepare meals.

Location,Rooms,breakfast

Meeting expectations in Frankfurt

Coffee machine in the room would be nice.

Breakfast is excellent. Location close to railway station. Easy access to town.

A hidden gem

Was a bit further out of main city than we thought. Other than that it was good

Close to transportation Clean rooms and friendly staff.

clearing

clearing

Well connected, large room

Well connected, large room

The air conditioning wasn’t proper!

The air conditioning wasn’t proper! We were feeling very hot inside sometimes

Expensive

Expensive

Perfect location for a short trip to the Messe.

Small bathroom, No hand towels. Staff was a bit off, not so customer friendly.

Location, Location, Location

Typical IBIS ecperience

Close proximity to tram station

Reasonable for short stays

Breakfast options are limited. Parking a bit pricey.

Accessibility to highway and tram. Price is reasonable.

smile is so important

the reception lady was so tuff with me

You get what you pay for

Beds were extremely hard, there were days when the room wasn't made even though we asked at reception. Reception was not very friendly.

Cheap

the attitude of the receptionist.

the attitude of the receptionist.

Good deal with your money

Breakfast is expensive for the small variety offered.

The location and the rooms are very good value for money.

Very close to u6-7 metro station.

Very less facilities at walking distance ...

Very close to u6-7 metro station...

Very close to u6-7 , beds are comfortable.

Less facilities at walking distance ...

Very close to u6-7 , beds are comfortable...

Perfect stay

Slightly farther from Frankfurt Airport, need to change two trains, otherwise perfect value for money

It's clean and well maintained

The € 11 parking charge for a parking area that was...

The € 11 parking charge for a parking area that was practically empty

The location is 10 minutes away from the city center by subway but it is a good option for the cost

Doesn't have a safe in the room

Subway station really close and take you directly to city center and main turistic points

Nice staff at the reception and so friendly. Clean and comfy bed.

Nice staff at the reception and so friendly

Reasonable value for price .

No facilities ? Meals

Staff Cleanliness Basic accommodation but nice

Easy access to town, comfortable bed, friendly staff

No tea making facilities in room

Very close to u-bahn Bed very comfortable, and quiet Nice bar/restaurant downstairs with good tea/coffee

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Recomand

Very clean, nice colors, without noises

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

+comfort beds

-internet is really bad in corner rooms

+comfort beds +flexible extras +very close to public transport

good for a quick business stay.

no restaurants around the hotel.

good price for simple but clean room.

ibis -- don't hesitate to book!

waking me up at 9am by cleaning service.

Wonderful with very friendly stuff ready to help.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

The Reception staff provided excellent service.

The Reception staff provided excellent service.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Expensive for such a hotel

Value for money

Not much

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Nice location near the ubahn station. Very calm area

The breakfast was a little bit poor.

the room was very nice.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Great short stay

Really good bed, excellent water pressure. And the wifi worked great. Exactly as listed.

Good hotel

industrial area, no restaurants around

5 minutes walking to UBahn station, comfort