Reviews of Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Hugo-Eckener-Ring 15 / Frankfurt Airport Terminal 1, 60549 Frankfurt/Main, Germany

#66 of 221 hotels in Frankfurt/Main

Paid WiFi. Really? It’s a business hotel and only the public areas has free WiFi.

Location, Location, Location. That is the main selling point. After that, the staff was excellent. We needed help and one member went above the necessary. His name is Yohannes and is one of the porters. Thank you for your kindness.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The line for both check-in and check-out (at 6am!!!!). The wifi is NOT free even though I was told it was by a staff member. Don't get interconnecting rooms as you can hear EVERYTHING from the other room and I had a hard time sleeping.

The location, for people who have early flights- is perfect. The comfortable bad and pillows. A nice coffee machine in the room. Clean and large room and bathroom.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I will never get over how expensive the breakfast is in Europe. The breakfast at this hotel is very expensive and with the cost of the room we thought it was too excessive and didn’t have it. It would have been nice though.

I loved the location. The hotel is off terminal 1 with very easy access to terminal 2. The staff was gracious and accommodating.

• Deluxe Double Room

Internet / Wi-fi, was not free, to pay in excess of 35 USD per night and have to pay for the wi-fi/Internet, in this day is a disgrace. I was given it for free, only because I was a SPG member, otherwise I would have had to pay

Clossness to Airport

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Location was perfect. Nice easy walk connected to airport by a walking bridge....walked straight from arrival gate to the lobby.....all indoor walking!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

An alteration to our booking on Booking.com was not reflected on their system . They went out of their way to sort it out.

Extremely convenient for a short stay in Frankfurt. Easy access to the Airport and public transport

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Line for check in was 45 minutes long. Apparently due to a "system upgrade".

Other than check in hassle, everything else ok. Apparently wifi costs money though, we got "free" as an apology for having to wait so long to check in, but seriously, who still charges for wifi?

• Classic Double or Twin Room

You have to pay for the wifi in the rooms (the lobby has free wifi), which really sucks if you're traveling and don't want to use roaming charges. Also, the stuff in the minibar were (expectedly) over priced, so it might be cheaper to bring your own drinks/snacks

The staff was very friendly and spoke Englsih very well. The location was very conveniently right next to the airport with a bridge that took you to it, but it was a bit further away from the international ports. Minibar had nice options, but I didn't use them. The bed was the best feature of the room - literally THE most comfortable bed I have ever slept in.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

This is a great place to stay if you are flying out of Frankfurt Airport. The property is excellent. Normally the cost is a bit high for our budget, but we got a decent price for the night through booking.com.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Inefficient check in and check out procedures. No power outlet text to the bed so no possibility to charge smart devices over night and still use for bedtime reading and bedside alarm clock. Very annoying. No free WiFi available - had to pay for it and not covered by the cost for the room. Worst score ever on that. :-(

Quiet room. Good bed. Ok AC.

• Deluxe Double Room

Free wi-fi advertised. No free wi-fi available. Bring a credit card or don't come at all as most things are only available if you leave a card with the reception for charges.

The breakfast was very luxurious and all the staff was helpful.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel including dining is pricier than others near the airport but that isn’t really a complaint. The services and amenities match the price.

For an airport hotel, the location is obviously perfect. It isn’t just near the airport but at the airport. At the same time, the rooms are quiet. The planes are but a distant rumble that you don’t even notice. The room was clean and had everything I could have needed: an iron, minibar, laundry service, FREE WiFi (which not every Sheraton offers), room service and excellent in-room dining food. The bed was comfortable. Staff was very friendly.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The décor was sorely lacking in design for a four-star hotel. Our floor (4th) was musty smelling and our room smelled bad - possibly of animal urine. We are SPG members and were not offered a change in room or an upgrade of any type.

The restaurant meal selection and the meals themselves were excellent! The location is excellent.

• Club Suite

Dirty pants from the previous guest, shower was uncleaned. Booked the best room they had, they acknowledged that upon check in but the furniture in the photos are very deceiving. Speak up and you will hear their arrogant replies, especially from their manager! I would have fired the lot i dealt with if they worked for me.

Location only!

• Deluxe Double Room

We arrived with a rental car full with luggage to find that the small parking area was full and that we were unable to enter to unload our luggage. We had to unload the car in the middle of the roadway and I had to leave my wife with all of our luggage searching for someone to assist her. Why is there not a area for customers checking in to unload their car and quickly depart? During our stay last year we were able to get into the parking area to unload our luggage, but we had to "pay" in order to get out. Why do you require customers to pay for checking into your hotel? When I complained to Customer service I was told that I would receive a refund on my credit card which did not happen.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

This was an overnight stop. I didn't even have breakfast at the hotel, and went off to catch my flight. So it is difficult if not impossible to make comments after such a short trip.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

the bathroom is great - though a little timid of the high bathtubs getting in and out of them - afraid of slipping. Maybe putting a few handrails so you could hold onto when getting out of the bathtub thank you

The staff was very friendly and courteous and was eager to make sure our stay was comfortable - and to your special and most obliging porters whom were excellent :)

• Deluxe Double Room

Bit of a trek from arrival terminal to hotel, but probably OK if we'd been more aware and had not been so very late arriving due to delayed flight.

Very good room (upgraded on arrival). Very pleasant staff.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The luggage pick-up the morning of our flight was almost 20 minutes late, so we ended up rushing a little. Recommend scheduling 30 minutes earlier than actually required.

We were surprised that as we had excessive luggage and 2 pet carriers the bellman not only helped us to our room, but told us they would come up the next morning to help us all the way to pet/luggage drop-off

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I flew in from Canada on an early morning flight and had a meeting in the late afternoon. I really appreciated being able to check in early (before 10!) in order to get some sleep so I could be fresh for my meeting. I've stayed there several times in the past and it's always been good.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The prime rib was tough and gristly, but nothing else of note.

Comfortable room and bed. Easy to find hotel and convenient for an early flight from FRA

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I needed to make a quick International call to sort out a credit card issue, the girl in the business centre was initially helpful but then turned on me for tying up the phone line, even though she said I was fine to use the phone.

Convenience

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The "front" of the hotel is actually in the parking garage. Our friends (who live in Frankfurt) had a very hard time finding us and the Sheraton lobby area. The signage in the outer rings as you drive around the airport area need improvement. There was only one, very small sign...not enough.

We liked to proximity to the airport, and our Terminal. This is a standard, Sheraton property, with all expected amenities, and very convenient.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

We chose this hotel for it's close location to the airport for an early morning flight. It was great to just walk over instead of taking the train. Front desk was really helpful and the room was great. My partner had stayed here before and recommended it.

• Deluxe Double Room

There were just two employees in the front desk and I got there very tired and had to wait half an hour in a line for checkin...

It’s location at the airport is very convenient if you are going to fligth or getting to Frankfurt by train.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

when i requested to extend, a reception staff he was really not kind he shout dawn he was very scary.. other staff was very helpful and kind.

very near from airport location is very nice

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I had to talk to 4 different people, before someone brought my luggage - 4 hours later. All restaurants where closed, a pizza in the bar was the worst frozen pizza possible, the bar staff was unfocused and unpresent.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The price was 50% more than other hotels in the city. The rooms were dated. The bathroom door was difficult to operate. Breakfast isn't included and costs an astronomical amount if you want it (I think I saw 48 euros!?!?)

The staff was excellent and friendly. Its physical connection to the airport made the early flight out easy to handle.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

A small bottle of mineral water from the minibar at 6,50 euro is quite high, I think.

Convenient location for catching early morning flight. Kind personnel and spacious room.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

WIFI is not free, and no indication on Booking, even if I call to get the access, but still charge me for 19 EUR when I check out

Room is quite big and location is very good, nearby the Terminal 1, walk for 3 minutes

• Classic Double or Twin Room

we couldn't stay for more nights and i couldn't remember the names of the check-in and check-out staff..........

We booked three rooms for a night mainly due to the location. Arrived by train from Amsterdam around 6pm and next day 10am we had our flight. The location is excellent if you want to stay as close as possible to the airport. It is situated in the airport building itself, maximum 5mts walk and don"t have to the leave the premises. We were heavily impressed with the check-in and check-out staff professionalism. Both staff who attended us were very professional, caring and provided many information related to our stay and airport. we were upgraded and all three rooms were next to each other. Upon check-out the staff asked us to keep one room open if we require or want to drop the luggage and come back to the room, it was really amazing service. This was one of the best stays we ever had and the smoothest check-in and check-out.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Some times breakfast was offered not in main restaurant - small cafe with very low tables and very little choice of food-poor breakfast in 3 stars hotel and the price didn’t match 35 euros.:(

• Deluxe Double Room

The hotel is located one floor above the check in areas B and C and it was to convenient to walk there in about 2 minutes. This completely took the stress out of the morning check in.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Free wifi had to be asked for. I was told initially that there should be a charge, but the operator then mentioned they would give it to me free. I think free wifi should be standard nowadays in any hotel.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The long waiting line at checkin

Loved the free water and coffee pot. I am a tea drinker though. When heating water in the coffee pot, there is still residue of coffee in the water. It would be great to have something separate for o avoid the overpowering taste of coffee. Otherwise we had a pleasant stay.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

One of the restaurants was closed at the time of our stay so food options were limited. The restaurant that was open was very tasty, just not what we were looking for at the time.

The hotel was attached to the Frankfurt Airport so getting to our morning flight was very easy.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Initially gave us a room that had not been cleaned yet from the previous guest’s stay. But they did set us up with a different room quickly.

Helpful and Friendly room service staff

• Club Family Room

The free club “dinner” was just some sandwiches.

We booked a club room so the afternoon snack and drinks were great. We unfortunately left too early for breakfast! The bellman was absolutely amazing, helped us with tons of luggage and 3 pets from car to hotel and hotel to airport check in!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Wi-Fi in room, we must pay 9 euro for one day, extra- high speed wifi 19 euro. I chose 19 euro. Speed was only 5mbps!!! I realized, it was written, normal speed for email, high speed for video (you tube???) And mid night NO INTERNET! This hotel is not for an active businessman. No slipper in the room!

Near to the airport

• Executive Family Room

The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. Located at a very strategic place right in the middle of the train station and airport. It was very convenience to to move around. Supermarkets and restaurants easily available.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel itself, its reception area and its hotel parking were poorly signposted. Entering from the north slowly by car from the Autobahn, drivers see no signposting on any roadway. Also entering on foot from various directions the signs to the hotel are almost non-existent. Even with help from taxi drivers and airport personell, the hotel parking and reception area were difficult to find.

Ideal location for travellers.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Lights in room broken, outlets did not work, carpet dirty. In a business hotel at FRA you would also expect facilities such as USB ports, international standard outlets and outlets near the bed for phone charging.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

This is not 5 stars hotel! The rooom was old and very poorly equipped. It could be 3,5 stars hotel. I don’t recommend this hotel, there are other places to stay at the airport.

The location is perfect, if you need to stay overnight at the airport. Good restaurant.

• Deluxe Double Room

All staff were excellent, extremely polite and helpful. Especially Laura at reception who helped us with a little emergency that came up. Great job! Location also excellent, across the street from terminal 1.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The location of the hotel, the checking was really good and the staff was very helpful and breakfast was so good... room was clean and bed was comfy...

• Classic Double or Twin Room

1- room was cold. Thermostat was non-functional. 2- TV was not working. 3- finding entrance to the hotel from the Terminal 1, bagage claim area was very difficult. More signs are needed to guide

location is good.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Too hot in room. Never cooled down to comfortable. Breakfast- too expensive to try.

Wonderful location. So easy to use for an early morning flight. Staff courteous and helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room

THE WORST Sheraton I have ever stayed in. Dirty, old, loud, slow,,, everything you can imagine in an outdated hotel. Its robbery (259 Euros) to stay in this place. Its only because it is the only hotel within walking distance of the airport. Sheraton should be ashamed of this property.

Close to airport is great

• Deluxe Double Room

Very slow check-in procedure - waiting for almost 20min - long waiting line - must be well known by the hotel as they served free drinks for customers waiting to check in... Check-out - exactly same problem - waiting time over 15 min.

very well located hotel

• Deluxe Double Room

It's a wide-spread bad habit and it's unlikely that hotels change it but it needs to be mentioned: the extra charge for WiFi in any business hotel like this is just ridiculous.

Good restaurant and breakfast, easy to reach as right next to the terminal 1.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Long lines to check in. Happened both times i stayed here. There were 2 people checking in and 3 over at the concierge desk doing nothing. I felt very disrespected.

Great location for airport access

• Classic Double or Twin Room

One of the hotel staff interupted me when I was getting on the elevator despite I was waiting before. He said “wait next one”. The hotel was not bad, but the staff made a bad memory for me, and I will never use the hotel.

• Deluxe Double Room

I do wish that I could be accompanied by my dog in the public eating area.

It is the best hotel for getting to FRA Check in when you have a difficult check in. I was traveling with a dog. The staff were especially helpful.

• Deluxe Plus Double Room

Very dissapointed in the Toscana..we were ignored by the host as he choose to blabber on to other wait staff. Kitchen staff noticed us, but after waiting far too long, and the host continuing to ignore us we left. We enjoyed the Tavern instead...shame on Toscana.

Ideal for an early morning departure...room spacious and comfortable.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Poor service desks handling checkin . Lifts too old needs door repairs Too high cost yet breakfast and wifi not included in standard room at price over €300

Location is excellent

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Super convenient location, especially as a layover hotel, since it’s right in Terminal 1 and connected to the airport! Staff was extremely friendly and helpful!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The general hotel rooms are terrible, old style, facilities shockingly poor, Smelly dingy old rooms, majorly bad. The in-room dining experience is the worst ever, ordered a panini as we arrived late and got a cold literally frozen sandwich. Maybe this hotel needs to look up the meaning of a Panini!! Stayed because it was convenient but definitely not out of choice, and will certainly not be on a visit list when in Frankfurt!!

Location is good and ideal for a pitstop before a connecting flight

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The male staff who delivered my room service was impertinent almost on the verge of antagonizing. I asked how long room service for my night meal would be and I was told 20 mins. So, I step out of the room briefly, when I returned the staff was standing outside my door and was scolding me for making him stand there over 5 mins, that I should wait in my room and never leave. Direct quote from him.

The check in staff the reception was exceptional, and the ladies at the concierge were also very friendly, helpful and accommodating to questions and requests.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The wifi is not FREE!! We were told at checkin that wifi is only free if you book directly with the hotel. If you book with Expedia / Booking.com etc, then wifi is not fee?!? Standard wifi is 9 Euro per day! High speed is double that....

Out of 5 hotels we stayed in Europe over the past weeks, this bed was definitely the most comfortable. Lovely spacious room on the 6th floor. Great check in experience, and directly opposite the airport with its own walkway from terminal... Great location if you departing from the airport early the next day. Although we did not include breakfast in our stay, the hotel does provide a FREE breakfast (well just croissants and coffee) from 3am for guests leaving early for early flights. Nice touch and better than nothing!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

In 2018 all Wi-Fi should be free and stop being a source of hotel profit. Finding the hotel by car was a nightmare. It was visible but no signage to indicate how to actually enter the facility. 25 frustrating minutes after a long day of driving.

Great location next to the airport.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I have stayed here several times over the past year. The staff has always been welcoming, the room clean and quiet and bed very comfortable. Most important for me is that it is so close to check-in for those early morning departures. I've also stayed there when I arrived on an overnight flight and I've been able to check in early and get some much needed sleep. Lots of places to eat within the terminal.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The ridiculous prices. 19 euros for a glass of wine!! RIP off prices! We were reminded it was an Airport Hotel. Also the chap who insisted on taking our cases to our room! We were perfectly capable and he was only after a tip!

The large comfy beds

• Deluxe Double Room

Understand that wifi is chargeable, but it would have been a perfect stay if it can be offered for free.

--Check-in (at late hour) and check-out were both smooth and fast. Reception and other staff were very friendly and responsive to questions. Electric kettle was provided quickly on request. Booked a deluxe twin and was upgraded to a twin room on the club floor, which was refurbished and very spacious, quiet and clean. Comfy bed, duvet and bed linen. --Direct and super quick access to Terminal 1 (esp. from our room located in the West Wing) through enclosed foot bridge, as well as S-Bahn and Regionalbahnhof right below Hotel. Directions from airport to Hotel not hard to find if one looks closely at the overhead signs.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

1. Room was far away.. 2. Carpet did not allow my trolley to move freely. 3. No opener kept for water bottle.. 4. TV not working. Technician found that the battery cells got jammed. 5. Telephone no charge

I liked ONLY the location, it is very close to airport.

• Club Family Room

They allow pets in the hotel with no real designated area for the animals to go to the bathroom so that was a real hassle.

I liked the location of the hotel and the room was very nice.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I don`t know how such hotel is 5* rated. bathroom door was partially broken, toilet didn't flush properly. and after all, a reception employees with the name Alexander was extremely rude when i asked him for a wake up call.

Hotel location is only thing to like, as it`s literally attached to it.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

No hot water in the morning made us feel like staying in a third world hotel. You know you had a bad stay when reception staff doesn’t ask how your night was. No discount for this major inconvenience.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The staff were nice and gave me free wifi - but surely these days wifi should just be free anyway. In any case, the staff probably don’t set the rule but they were nice enough to give it to me for free, so I’m not complaining!

Long line at check-in/out

Great location. Next to the FRA airport and the both local and long distance train stations. Airport mall is convenient, and the grocery store had everything I needed.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I was locked out of my room by staff assuming i would have checked out by 9am and I had to wait 20 mins to get it unlocked and nearly missed my flight to Asia

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Key to door's lock doesn't work what is understandable but what is not is that they didn't solve this situation for my whole 5 days staying even though I was asking for it twice a day, every time I tried to access to my room. For 250 EUR per night I expect the hotel to have a standard procedure to execute in this sort of situations. They didn't solve it, didn't offer another room, I had to ask for a discount myself - It was pretty annoying.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The fridge was locked. In the evening I called the room service and they informed me that they had to block 50 EUR on my credit card so that I can use the fridge. Very inconvenient. Breakfast was announced with 32 EUR per night per person, an absolute unheard of no-go price.

Hotel is across the Terminal 1 of Frankfurt Airport. We stayed here because our flight was at 7am in the morning. Room was spacious and clean.

• Executive Double or Twin Room

We also organised a dinner, and the table setting was not as we discussed twice by phone. The food during the dinner was average.

Staff was really friendly and did their best to accommodate our wishes.

• Deluxe Double Room

efficient and super friendly man from Spain checked me in. Check out also flawless. Could not hear any noise from planes even though the hotel is at the terminal.

• Deluxe Double Room

Internet not included Carpet on the floor is not appropriate for allergies

Fitness 24 hours Sauna until 11 p.m. Actually it is in the airport - bridge for Terminal 1 to the Hotel (similar to Hilton)

Browse Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center traveller photo gallery