Reviews of Hotel Garni Alpspitz 3 stars

#1 of 15 hotels in Grainau

9.8

9.7

• Comfort Triple Room

A kettle and mugs in the room would be appreciated, to make tea and coffee

Great rooms, lovely location, fabulous breakfast, always a pleasure to stay.

• Double Room with Balcony or Terrace

Amazing place. I would recommend it to everyone. Great breakfast. Great room. Awesome bathroom. Loved the towel warmer. We had a balcony which was sweet.

• Comfort Double Room

No negatives to think of.

The walk in shower was a bonus, everything was super clean, and the breakfast was very good- even eggs cooked to your liking. The rooms have been modernized but still have the old world charm. The manager was very helpful finding places to eat.

• Comfort Double Room

no staff to meet us when we arrived at 17:30 just a room key with a note. Had a couple of questions for the staff like the WiFi password which we eventually found in the room, good place for dinner which we had to google to find.

Quite, great breakfast

• Comfort Double Room

There was nothing I didn't like, it was excellent!

Nice big rooms, wonderful view of the Zugsptiz from our terrace just outside the room. Friendly, helpful staff. Everything was up to date and exceptionally clean. I would stay there again if I ever come back this way. Excellent!

• Double Room with Balcony or Terrace

Third floor without a lift and without knowing in advance, to upload suitcases to the third floor without help from the hotel was a problem, The pictures in booking are misleading unpleasant smell in bathroom

,nice staff, Quiet location, excellent breakfast

• Family Room

Rooms were a bit warm. Having fans available would be nice.

Room was nice size and comfortable beds. Parking was convenient and easy. Good breakfast,. Nice to have room with balcony.

• Comfort Double Room

Best hotel in my life so far as for attention to details from staff. It was a while ago so I am not sure I can remember properly manager's name, I guess Felix - he is The Star! Starting from communication right after the booking and until each and every detail of our stay in the hotel including maps for outdoors and recommendations where to go and what transport to use. I bet I will return to this hotel again and again!

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Comfort Double Room

My only real complaint isn't something the hotel can easily fix. Europeans smoke a lot more than Americans, and while smoking is not allowed inside the hotel, I was visiting during the summer season, and so my windows were open for the entirety of my stay. Thus I had to deal with smelling cigarette smoke quite frequently. I can't really blame to the hotel for this, but I thought I would mention it.

Very large room, even when judging as an American. I received a welcome bier. Amazingly fast internet (and the TV in my room allowed me to log in to Youtube/Netflix/etc). Beautiful, though not stunning, view of the mountains from the balcony in my room. The breakfast was flat out awesome, and I was offered freshly cooked eggs made to order each day. The amount of scrambled eggs I received easily enough for two people. I am a larger American, and the breakfast was so filling that I felt no need to eat lunch on any day while I was staying here. There is a charming, well-maintained path that provides a lovely walk to Grainau. You will experience stunning views of the Alps and bucolic Bavarian countryside as you walk the 10-15 minutes to Grainau.

• Comfort Double Room

The hotel is beautiful! There are unobstructed views of the Zugspitze from the balconies. The breakfast buffet was lovely, and eggs were made to order. This was my second stay at the hotel, and I will definitely return.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Comfort Double Room

Felix was extremely kind and helpful, providing very good tips for dinner and tours. The room was excellent - clean, nice , well equipped. Everything that was promised at the booking.com site was perfectly met.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Single Room with Mountain View

I had to ask to change rooms because I thought the first one smelled like drains. The staff were accommodating though and found me a different room that smelled okay.

Nice breakfast and friendly helpful staff. Great location. Would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Comfort Double Room

Read what we liked and try to find any defiencies. None.

The staff went way over what you would expect. I got my very first parking ticket and Felix took me downtown to pay it. The cook Pena made us home made cookies because she wanted to do a little more for Xmas. I ran out of Euros and Felix took the money out of his wallet and gave it to me.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The location is a short distance from Garmisch, no problem especially if you have a car. This hotel is very clean and comfortable, the rooms are spacious. There is no elevator, so if stairs are a challenge, you should ask for a ground level room. Breakfast offered a large and varied buffet, but also fresh-cooked eggs to order are available, a nice personal touch. The staff helped us with directions and restaurant information. The bathroom is modern, with ample towels and space. The outside of the building is decorated in traditional Bavarian painted floral decor, along with lovely hanging floral window boxes. There is ample parking, and a garden if you wish to spend time outdoors. Our room had a small balcony with a view of the beautiful mountains.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Little facilities nearby.

Incredible staff and service. Helped me a lot. He even took me to the train station after check-out! Room is big, comfortable and clean. Breakfast is delicious and simple.

• Comfort Double Room

2nd time staying here. Wonderful staff, large rooms with a beautiful view and a great breakfast.

• Family Room

Great hotel for family holidays. Privacy and nearby touristic spots at the same time. Friendly and ready to help owners...

WE had to leave!!

The friendly nature of all the staff and the quality of the food, room and fixtures. Sad to leave.

• Comfort Double Room

Nice and quiet with an authentic German restaurant right around the corner

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Comfort Double Room

big room with yard, perfect position Just at the train.station. We also took a short trip.even we drove to there.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Comfort Double Room

place was amazing stuff was very friendly and i like breakfast very much

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Traveling Card giving free benefits

Nice Breakfast and Very kind staff

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Double Room with Balcony or Terrace

Unfortunately the hotel without AC.

I had find the employees are very nice and also the food was very testy.

• Family Room

Noise from the road in front.

Friendly owner.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Double Room with Balcony or Terrace

Everything was perfect, we had a clean large room with a nice view. Breakfast was great and the staff was very friendly. We definitely recommend it.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Comfort Double Room

They went above and beyond to make everything perfect,

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Noise of motorcycle

So friendly like you are home

• Reviewed: 1 May 2016

We felt very comfortable & relaxed. Enjoyed the view from the balcony, staff was very friendly, loved the breakfast, and room was extremely clean!!!!

• Reviewed: 28 December 2015

There are no negative points for the hotel but for the buses that were running every hour. It would be better to be every 30 minutes. In any case there were on time so with the right planning you will not loose time

The stuff members were all really polite and welcome to whatever we asked for. They provide us with a card for free transportation for the days that we were there which was really helpful cause we did not have to thing about tickets. We tried sauna which was really good. Also the breakfast was more that enough with plenty of delicious things. Clean ,quite and hospitable. :-)

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

Only complaint is being right on the main street. Mostly didn't bother us, only in the morning we could hear the noise.

Great family room - the perfect set-up with kids. The rooms (layout, size, comfort, etc.), kitchen, skylights, and balcony were great. We also enjoyed the hotel breakfast.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2015

Staff were very polite and functional but we all felt that the hotel missed a little of the personal touch.

Great location, ample car parking, spacious appartment with great views and very good facilities, very clean (spotless) hotel, easy WIFI access and an easy check out. Breakfast was fine but lacked a little variety.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2015

Nothing/

The Hotel Alpspitz is typical Bavarian hotel. It was warm, inviting and the facilities are clean. The family apartment was perfect for 2 adults and 2 children with their own room and twin beds. The restaurant at dinner was very good and the staff kind. The breakfast was well rounded and tasty. I appreciate the coffee maker that you can use at any time and just push a button. The staff was helpful and friendly and as we go to Bavaria often this is def. on our re visit list. Although right next to the local train station we could not hear it and it is excellent for travel to and from Garmisch and the classic area for skiing. Beautiful views.

• Reviewed: 11 April 2016

Great price, great breakfast, great service

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

Breakfast was very good, apartment was spacious and clean. Moreover, there was a good sauna inside the hotel to relax after long day of ski.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

Breakfast is excellent. The staff is super-friendly. The spa area with the sauna is a little jewel Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2016

Large and clean room, nice staff, good breakfast

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

Everything was perfect! Nice personal, great breakfast, spacious room, perfect location!

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

This is a dream hotel! It was just a little piece of magic and the service was excellent! Highly recommend this gem of a hotel!

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

Insects (literally) on the breakfast.

Very spacious room, nice view.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

Can't think of anything.

The view off of the balcony was to die for!

There are also 8 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.