Reviews of Gästehaus Fernblick This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Osterbergstraße 16, 74206 Bad Wimpfen, Germany

#5 of 6 hotels in Bad Wimpfen

6.1

6.1

It was close to the clinc my family were admitted too so...
    • Deluxe Single Room

No room service and house keeping are working time frame. Room was very old and limited and cleaning the room wasn’t up to the basic standard. No AC although the weather at night was good.

It was close to the clinc my family were admitted too so it’s a 30 sec away. Friendly staff

Location near treatment center
    • Deluxe Single Room

The hotel tried to take a 4 week deposit amount however thanks to booking.com call center they were able to resolve the matter. Room condition is very old seems not renovated for the past 20 years, not worth it.

Location near treatment center

Good hotel for staying in Bad Wimpfen

The breakfast was fantastic, with a lot of different things. The room was also great and we could park our bicycles in the garage. For 4€ you can also use the Wellness area

it was the first time and the last time, never again

ignorant staff, bad smelling rooms, bed sheets look like used, very low comfort and cleanness level, horrible breakfast (looking at the offer was enough not to take it).

We were very fortunate that we were treated with an upgrade...

We were very fortunate that we were treated with an upgrade to the Am Rosegarden, as it was so much nicer than the Gasthaus.... Breakfast was very nice and had a good variety of food and drinks.

The guesthouse that turned into a hotel!

The guesthouse Fernblick doesn't as such exist, so after a long and fruitless search in what appeared to be the student wing of a hospital, we eventually made enquiries at the local Rosengarten Hotel, and were informed that we had been 'upgraded' to a room in the hotel. All very strange, and the hotel seemed to have come straight out of the 70s. It was deserted at night, and was quite eerie; stuck in a residential neighbourhood, with medical staff and students clearly lodged nearby.

We stayed at the Rosengarten Hotel (see below), which was clean and comfortable, with good facilities. Breakfast was generous, but had some strange food selections. Grilled vegetables?!! Pricey @ €14.

Booking went ? ? ?

Wrong advertising. property is under renovation/construction. No front staff at location to direct us. We went to a little convenient store and she told us where to go. Luckily we only have carry on luggages. We end up paying more for the stay.

That the next hotel is just 5 minutes walking distance away and luckily they have available room, very accomodating. We stayed at Hotel Am Rosengarten instead. Breakfast was very good. Front desk personnel very helpful. We were able to check in early and enjoy the town.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

A bit strange style hotel

The hotel itself was odd to me, and I thought it looked like a YMCA. There were facilities, like yoga, swimming pool, etc, for local senior people between the hotel desk and my room's building (I had to walk through the facilities to access my room). Because of such a strange style, I felt the hotel fee was a bit expensive even the location wasn't far from the center of the town.

The hotel was at least within walking distance to the tourist attractive area of Bad Wimpfen. Also, breakfast they served was pretty good.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

The accommodation and service were good except for shower, pillows and breakfast service.

Bedroom was generally clean but the shower was a disgrace. The grouting between the tiles was black and pipes led through a hole in the ceiling. Pillows were very lumpy. Although breakfast was good, we had to ask for many things to be replenished.

Breakfast and dinner were very good. Reception staff were very helpful. Secure parking.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Not worth the price

Mattress was uncomfortable, pillow was terrible. We asked for two extra pillows and they only had one. The room and the hotel itself was not worth the price we paid.

Breakfast was great, staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Good customer service, nice breakfast, clean, good showers.

Duvet slightly small and I'm not tall person. Got cool at night, heating didn't work. Little kettle for a tea in the room would been nice.

Good customer service, nice breakfast, clean, good showers.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Convenient for all aspects of the town.

Very basic accomodation and rather strangely dislocated from the main building.

Convenient for all aspects of the town. very good breakfast. Bathroom clean and good shower.

Air conditioning would be good.

Previous occupants smoked a lot and room still contained the residue.

Good breakfast, friendly staff. Location.

Good location on the edge of picturesque Bad Wimpfen

Pillows

Good location on the edge of picturesque Bad Wimpfen

cost of parking can be lower for a business traveler.
    • Deluxe Single Room

cost of parking can be lower for a business traveler.

An unforgettable weekend in a beautiful city

Everything was fine

The hotel is very elegant the staff is friendly and helpful. You feels well and in good hands

All you need in one place, great!

All you need in one place, great!

Staff and breakfast

The bed and the carpet

Staff and breakfast

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Total disappointment

Everything is extremely dirty, filthy. Worst place, Iv ever stayed at.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

The breakfast was excrllent

In the room was very cold,the heating didn't working during the night

The breakfast was excrllent

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Breakfast was good and the staf was really nice.

The bed was a bit hard, and it was a bit long way to the restaurant.

Breakfast was good and the staf was really nice.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Not bad for one day but for business trip its not good.

WiFi connection problem. Bathroom not enought clean. Cold rooms. Not enought light in rooms.

Big rooms.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

The breakfast was nice.

Unlike other hotels, this one expects you to pay to use each of its facilities. The commute to Neckarsulm in the morning takes ~45 mins. No clear explanation as to where your room is located was given, just go through that door (By the way, keep going left and you will eventually find the Gästhaus, but make sure you go up the stairs instead of entering the ground floor in order to get to your room). The beds were very small.

The breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

Breakfast was ok

Uuh, where to start? I went there for the conference and I booked a room at the Gasthaus as they run out of rooms in the hotel. Apparently the gasthaus is attached to the clinic/hospital? Since I've been at the conference since the morning I asked around noon if earlier check in is possible. It wasn'T. At the reception a staff member (don't know his name tho) asked me how he could help me, I said I believe I have a reservation here (as it is really not clear what's the guest house what's the hotel) and he just laughed and went away without saying anything ... When I could finally check in at 2 pm the receptionist just said 'go there' so I went. And I went and went and went and finally found the lift to the 4th floor. Room was ok, no kettle tho and the soap hangers were falling down every time I wanted to use the soap on the toilet or bathroom. No other tv than German and some Arabic channels. After going back to the conference room from the room I booked, I had the weirdest experience ever. I ended up in the middle of the clinic/hospital!! It felt really surreal and finally I managed to get the map at the clinic reception how to get back to the main hotel... Seriously it was so easy to lost way, no clear signs on where to go or that there is also a clinic attached! When I wanted to check out next day and was quite sure the check out is at 12 (as in most of the hotels!) I was , to my surprise , told that check out is at 11. It was 10.55 and I was rushing back to the conference for the important speach at 11 so asked if I could check out a bit later, like 12.30? I was told that only if I pay for another night ... I mean, seriously?? So I had to run back to the room (And it is quite far from the reception) just to see that the lift to the 4th floor is broken... So up and down the stairs, to be held at the reception desk for another 35 mins before I could check out.

Breakfast was ok

• Reviewed: 22 June 2015

Secure garage.

Pillows on bed too uncomfortable to sleep on. Other guests very noisy very late. We seemed to be housed with illegal immigrants rather than hotel guests. Very difficult to find reception and the way in. We almost gave up and went elsewhere. It was sad to see a pool but not be allowed to swim in it.

Secure garage. Good breakfast. Reception staff v good. Nice outdoor bar.

• Reviewed: 16 May 2015

Cigarette smell in the room. Rooms were far from the reception.

Breakfast The rooms were far from the reception so we left from the door in our building. And because they asked us to pay when we were checked in, we forgot to go back to check out and return the keys. But when we called them, they accepted us return the key by mailing and without extra charge, which was fabulous because we were in Mainz and about to leave the country the next day.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2016

Not much

The old carpet, the smell in the room, the reception is in another building, the staff is not really competent.

Not much

• Reviewed: 11 September 2015

Nice breakfast and quiet place.

No cooler and fan. when it is hot.

Nice breakfast and quiet place.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

Close to old town

Close to old town

• Reviewed: 29 June 2015

Dining room.

Dining room. Young man serving food very friendly.food was very good.

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

paying system complicated if you need one night you have to...

paying system complicated if you need one night you have to pay for one month first and they return the remaining when you check out !!

• Reviewed: 29 April 2015

Good breakfast

Good beds but bad pillows. Very old and small elevator which worked not always.

Good breakfast

• Reviewed: 17 January 2015

major reception and bar and restaurant facility

Room and bathroom quality, smelly. No WIFI reception in the room Bad TV reception

major reception and bar and restaurant facility

• Reviewed: 15 January 2015

breakfast

room is a little bit far from reception

breakfast

There are also 17 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Gästehaus Fernblick traveller photo gallery