Reviews of Generator Berlin Prenzlauer Berg This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Storkower Str. 160, 10407 Berlin, Germany

#489 of 579 hotels in Berlin

Based on 6251 hostel reviews

For the amount you're paying it's quite decent but don't be expecting fancy!
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Staff were quite rude when checking in... Also after having been there for a few days no cleaning had been done to our room even though there were different people checking in

It's exactly what you'd expect from a hostel! The beds were actually really comfortable and we each had our own basket to safely store our clothes and things.

We had fun in Berlin!
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

The room would improve A LOT if it only had a table and at least one chair.

I loved the bar and the cafeteria area, great places to hang out. The room was comfortable!

Good location right next to tram station, relatively cheap...
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The cleanliness of the room was much lower compared to other Generator hostels. There was too much noise from outside as well as inside on the corridors which made it almost impossible to fall asleep even with earplugs.

Good location right next to tram station, relatively cheap option for a short stay at Berlin.

Stay away if the family are with U

Dirty walls in the room

Low budsjet place. Dbl room, small with dirty walls. Cleen bed and mini bath room. I guess its a nice place to stay on big events. Party guest, and big sleeping rooms, where u only pay for the bed

Big building without soul
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

There is only 1 person at reception for 900 guests and always a very long queue for people waiting. Is a nice place but impersonal, and people in reception are not very friendly. The Hostel is big but need maintenance, the shower was broken and in 3 days that I spent there it wasn't fixed. And also I booked for 3 days for avoiding change of hostel and they made me wake up early to leave my room and change for other, very uncomfortable. And the rooms are big, but they put the bunks very closed in a U, so you touch the person that sleep next by. There is a lot of space, please separate a little the beds.

The only good is the location.

It was comfy beds and good location with the S-Bahn just...
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

It was a little too basic . Also the bathroom was very small for two and it was noisy the night we were there, also we could of done with some Air Con it was far too hot in the morning

It was comfy beds and good location with the S-Bahn just next door

Overall good for the price of the stay
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The location is a bit out of the way but easy to get around by tram. And the bathroom is a shared one out in the corridor which depending where your room is can be quite far away.

The rooms were very clean and with a lot of space to move around. Lockers under the bed to put your bags. They have a nice bar with affordable drinks and food is served until late.

Ok for 1 night.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was big, but only had plugs on one side so only half the beds had plugs next to them. The mattresses were very thin and the sheets had stains on them. One girl noticed her sheet was inside out and what should be the underneath was “leathery” and making her hot so turned it round to find a huge stain on what would be facing upwards. Says there’s a cafe. There was no food being served while I was there other than self serve breakfast. HUGE queue at 2pm for checknin with only 2 members of staff. Queued nearly 1 hour.

It was an ok location. Train and tram stop right outside that will take you to the centre in 10 minutes and really easy.

Nice place, not great community
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

If you are looking for community on a trip, this may not be the best place as it is seven stories. This might be alright though if you are more introverted or are with friends.

The rooms were clean and the location was convenient on the S-bahn, so getting around Berlin was easy.

Shame
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The worst stuff ever, i came earlier to the hotel and they said to me that i should wait because of check in time is 14:00, i asked 'please' because i came from long night way and they said nothing to do, should wait until 14:00, and after i waited a long time (we were 2 people) they gave us 2 beds which ones are second floor both of them, i asked to chance it but they 'again' said 'we're sorry, and i checked after him from 3 different websides and suprise, there are a lot of free rooms and beds which they could chance, anyway, we went to the room and again another suprise, room was full empty and full dirty(you can see one photo about my bed i share now) so i still didnt understand, empty room but not beda like we want and dirty room, so why we waited until 14:00? another thing was housekeepin stuff is smoking in the toilet/bathroom, i stayed 4 different Generator Hostels and this was the worst experience i had, i will never go back to Generator Berlin, you dont worth for it, such a shame..

Wi-Fi

Beds are really nice and the breakfast was ok.
    • Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The whole etage has one bathroom with 6 showers and 5 toilets, which weren’t clean and the sinks are made of metal, which is kind of unexpected for 2018 (even in the hostel). If I compare it to the Generator hostel in Copenhagen, it shouldn’t even has the same name, cause the one in Copenhagen was perfect.

Beds are really nice and the breakfast was ok.

Overall not bad
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Didn't like having to pay for luggage storage. Usually a complimentary service. Not sure, maybe it's a standard feature in Germany. Bathrooms could do with a refurb.

Location was good. Close to public transport. Clean room.

Dirty sheets, mattress and bedbugs. Never would stay here again.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The sheets and mattress has stains on them. It was so disgusting. I've been traveling for a while, staying at any kind of hostel and the only thing i could expect is cleaning and it's the only thing i can't let it go.

I didn't like the hostel at all.

There wasn’t any outlet near to my bed.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

There wasn’t any outlet near to my bed. All the outputs were in the same side which was behind other beds. The sheets were changed for the blanket but the bedding wasn’t ready and there were lots of hairs.

Could have been better and cleaner
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Some parts of the rooms and corridors clearly missed proper cleaning. E.g. we found an opened condom packaging under our bunk bed! Shelves or storage compartments are non-exisiting in the room, except some roll-box under the bed. Water system at the sink is not comfortable / practical, you get really hot water immediately from the warm side, which you have to manually mix from the cold water tap.

S-bahn is close to the property and you can reach the center in 20 minutes. Breakfast is good with nice selection. Shared bathroom cleanliness was ok.

- it is comfortable and clean
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

- it seems there is just a restroom per floor; they are spacious and tend to be clean, but your room can be located somewhat far from it - the lockers' locks in the room were damaged

- it is comfortable and clean - the room size allows you to keep your privacy - convenient location if coming /going to SXF

Cheap, far away, wouldn't stay there again.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Dirty, breakfast sucked and was overpriced, lockers were broken in room, area was far away from central Berlin and had a lot of garbage around property.

Cost, very cheap.

Excellent choice for students
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Great for young people, super friendly staff and close to the centre (s-Bahn and trams are just around the corner from the hostel), decent prices in the bar and beds are really comfortable! +1 for thick curtains in the room so the sun didn't wake me up after Berlin night out

Not too clean, staff wasn’t very friendly, location was ideal though being next to the 42 and 41.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

We booked a single room with a private bathroom. It was ridiculously small. The room wasn’t clean. Dust on the wardrobe. The sink wasn’t wiped down. The shower was dingy. I wouldn’t stay here again.

I liked that their was a nice bar outside.

Extremely Unprofessional Receptionist
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

- I arrived the hostel at 10 am, asked the girl on the reception if I could put my luggage in the storage room, she told me sorry but you should rent a locker to put your luggage, I asked her if they have a storage room but she didnt give me a proper answer and asked me again to rent a locker, later that day I found out they have a storage room normally, and no it wasn't full, she just trird to make me pay more money - When the checkin time came and it was 2 pm, I wanted to do checkin since I was there sitting in the lobby since 10 am, when I went to the same girl she told me sorry but I have to wait for another 45 minutes because my bed is not ready yet!!! I told you this is not good since I have been already waiting since 4 hours and I should be allowed to checkin at 2 pm, she spoke in a very bad attitude explaining me that checkin starts from 2 pm but its not a must to be ready at 2 pm, which honestly nonsense, and then she told me if you want your bed now you can take a dirty one, if you want a clean one you should wait!! again in a bad unacceptable attitude, I didn't even believe she said so In normal if she aplogize and explaimed the situation that they have an overload or something and I should wait for 45 minutes to do checkin I will accept it normally, my problem was with the bad attitude - Last situation when I went to the lobby to ask about the late checkin, she didn't even bother to look on my face and answered while she is looking on the computer, adding more situations to the bad unbehavior attitide The lady name is Carol, and honestly speaking I am not sure if Carol is that aggressive unprofessional unfriendly in general, or that was a kind of racism with me, overall I am really disappointed since Generator hostel supposedly an international professional hostel chain

Good Location

nice for a short stay
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Towel for rent (5 euro), no shared kitchen.

So everything was fine. Nice beds and staff were really friendly and helpful. The hostel is situated near the s-Bahn station. Large common hall. Wi-fi is ok, fast check-out

Generally not bad experience
    • Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

My only problem was with the bathrooms and toilets,because it's a sharing's even though the rooms are sharing also but could be much better if they were inside the rooms.

The comum facilites as living room bar and bear garden are...
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

The bunk beds were fair not to bed but, the toilets were to dirty. Regarding the staff, they wasn’t kind and easygoing. Don’t know if it was because the hostel was to busy, but even though when we are receiving guests we must be kind and easygoing whiling to help all the time.

The comum facilites as living room bar and bear garden are really good, the price as well was fair.

Great staff in the reception and bar, services such as...
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

The container outside the bar has to go!!!! The smell was sometimes terrible outside and inside the bar and we couldnt sleep with windows open. We even saw a few rats nearby. Its a nasty and you have to move it!!! Otherwise everything was great!

Great staff in the reception and bar, services such as laundry, food etc etc were also great. Love the bar as it is relaxing and great way to meet people.

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

I was very happy with my stay there, i wish the check in could be done earlier since it can get crowded if everyone rushes in at 2pm to check in (stayed there at the day of the concert at Velodrome)

HOT
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

First arrived at 1am with tons of people in the lobby stuck without a room, then from what I know the hostel is overbooked due to a technical issue. A lot of people stuck without a bed I presumed. The male staff that barely speak understandable English was nice enough to offer me a bed as they only have one bed and I am the only solo traveller among those affected. The second day they gave my bed to another group as I have been told by them and I need to change to another room at the middle of the night. Also, very very hot during summer it felt like a freaking sauna room when I woke up at 6am.

Close to S Bahn, Burger King nearby, supermarket nearby. Cool hang out area, amenities.

Exactly what it says on the tin, just don't expect atmosphere.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Not really much atmosphere due to the size, location & lack of bar (as far as I could tell). Guests didn't really interact with each other & there seemed to be a lot of younger guests (under 18).

Exactly what it says on the tin. Big, straightforward hostel with no gimmicks.

It is very spartan but for a hostel the standard is ok. But you pay for a hotel.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

it is a bit loud and the the room was so narrow that it was difficult to get in and out of bed (2 bed room)

It is only 100 metres from the train station, wifi is for free and breakfast was ok. There was free parking just outside.

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

I've been to many hostels around the world. This German hostel is a bit dirty and generally speaking it's poorly maintained. For example the bathroom on the ground floor didn't have soap, and one of the sinks was broken -- the tap was literally hanging out of place. In the lobby, a coin-operated machine for lockers was out of service, without any sign or explanation. The cigarette vending machine wouldn't take my 10€ note and stole a 1€ coin from me when I tried to buy a lighter (there's no button to get your money back). Several sections of the hostel were under maintenance or closed off with tape. It would seem the famous German efficiency is only an urban legend! No soap or towel were provided upon check in, only a bunk bed. You need to pay extra money for everything aside from the bed (e.g. lockers, breakfast, bike rentals, etc.) Last but not least, the staff was cold and brusque.

Cheap (by Berlin standards). Also, lots of guests to interact with (tough some of them looked like questionable characters).

Worse hostel I have ever stay!!!!!!
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

•First, rooms weren’t ready at check in time, had to wait at the lobby 30 min and finally original rooms were not available •They charge 5€ extra per a small old towel •Breakfast sucks, overall you can get more with 6€ around the market for this price •The beds were not comfortable at all. •THE IS NOT AIR CONDITIONING AT THIS HOSTEL in summer time, we were told to open the windows to get “fresh air” which literally was hot and loud outside Overall, we would not stay at this place ever again

A few staff members were polite and helpful, but not all of them, train station is a few meters away but hostel is at least 30 min from the city center. The rest is terrible

Fair price and good location. 3*
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Check in advertised for 2pm - However had to wait until 4:30pm until room was cleaned after last guests. One of the bar girls was pretty rude and line at reception always very long. Also, Lots of kids(12-14yrs) running up and down the hallways in the evening so just be warned it is not 18+

Really close to transport links. Price is very fair and met some nice people there.

Common area.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

The bathroom and the really annoying rooms doors.. they are really noise. Also the outside noise of people drinking .. no kitchen..slow internet

Common area... the staff...

FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE €13.00 p/n in Berlin!!!!
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Although not in my room, but in other rooms people stayed up all night until the morning being loud.

Oh, wow!! The property was in a very good location, walking distance from major public transportation shopping and restaurants. Minutes away and single tram ride from the hostel to Alexander Platz center. The property had great amenities, game area, outside seating, quiet places to read or study, bar area was really nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The price was the best part €12.80 in Berlin!!!!

The room was very dirty
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The room was very dirty I went to the reception And complain They Guy start to scream at me And Saïd very bad things in arabic He wanted to kick me out I paid for a private room 2 beds I got a room with 8 beds Sleep very bad overthere No go

far from nice area
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

It is located in one of the most popular neighborhood in Berlin but the hostel is far from the nice part. In the double room you don't have a double bed, just 2 single ones. They don't clean the room and they don't give you extra shampoo and shower gel.

Good value for money. Too bad you have to share the bathroom with everyone else on the floor.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Bathrooms are quite bad and everyone on the floor shares it with others

Comfortable beds, good coffee with milk for 1.5€, lots of tables to sit at and work/have breakfast etc.

Great Location
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

A little dusty, wish it was a little bit cleaner

Very close to public transportation, supermarkets and Burger King only 1 minute away, superb location!

Decent value
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

Rooms very warm. 10 am early check out for a weekend. check in line very busy on arrival. Only 1 person on duty.

Close to public transport. Nice bar and garden. Food good value and shower excellent. Parking good in the area and free at weekend at least.

Standard for a very cheap hostel.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

About what you'd expect from a very cheap hostel. Everything bonus costs extra, so no free lockers, no shampoo or shower gel, etc. At least the linen was included. Bathroomsh with my shower not draining properly and no way to move the shower head.

Very cheap price and it's right next to an S-Bahn station. So if you're a solo traveler staying for one night it's fine.

Location is convenient
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Private bathroom is quite small and not worth it. Floor drain in bathroom is plugged. They did not try to fix it even after our complaint.

Location is convenient

It is like an industrialized hostel.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

We had to wait 30 mins. to check in since there was a huge line of people waiting and only the people working for check in. The lockers aren’t good in the rooms. The place is really far away to touristic atractions. The open air area closes at 12:30 AM which is a bit non sense.

It is like an industrialized hostel. Many people coming and leaving at the same day. Tens of the same rooms are everywhere. But a nice building. Showers and toilets were clean.

It was close to a public transport stop, supermarket and...
    • Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Staff were abrupt and more interested in profitable sales the actual customer service. Building was poorly maintained, with lights flickering, only one lift working for most of my stay and toilets getting backed up and flowing into showers. Cleanliness was atrocious, bloody tissues were left in bathrooms for days, stairwells had a number of plastic bags with white powder residue in them, and a shower that had the toilet back up into it went nearly 2 days without been cleaned up, even after staff had been told by multiple guests.

It was close to a public transport stop, supermarket and Burger King

Don't want to see any business traveler
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

I'm a business traveler and they didn't want to give me a legal invoice and charge me city tax as a rule from booking.com - unbelievable behavior of the staff, the business traveler is for them a animal or slave. Also their management don't react to sent the legal invoice and pay the city tax back.

Never will go there again!
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

I arrived and had to wait for about three hours to check in, because there was a huge lane of people waiting to be checked in. It was a total chaos. The staff was very unfriendly. Nothing around there, no restaurants.

Clean

Cheap.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

On booking I was told that I could lock my stuff if I bring my own key. However, at the hostel there was only one room to leave the stuff without locker. Very unfriendly staff who barely speaks German. The bathroom bin in the room was not emptied before check-in. No hair dryer. Uncomfortable bed. The window cannot be opened - unpleasant heat in the room.

Cheap.

It's cheap hostel for one night when you don't need...
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

It was the first time ever I stood in a queue to check in. Bathrooms are very badly designed, you are not able to take a shower unless you want to walk around completely naked in public. There are over two meters between showers and nearest hooks for clothes. And the use of this insane British taps separately for hot and cold water! There is also no electric sockets near beds, what in the era of smartphones I found irresponsible.

It's cheap hostel for one night when you don't need any facilities. I like that there are elevators (but this weekend only one was working, so waiting time was very long). Nice window view.

Overall is nice already
    • Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

They should have known that there are a lot of people but the check-in is really slow and I even heard from my other friend that people can't even check in before 2 pm since the room isn't cleaned yet. I think there should be either more staff or organized better

Overall is nice already

Terrible
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

There was no private bathroom, just a sink. One staff member working there was super rude with us. They gave us a room that was not what we booked. Not recommended. Terrible experience there

Beds were fine.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Staff could be better. When I asked about luggage store they told that I can leave it for free, but once I came the day after they charged me 3 euros. And I dont suggest to buy breakfast. It is not so delicious:(

Beds were fine.

Good location and nearby public transport possibilities,...
    • Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

No plugs next to all beds in the dorms, very simple rooms but fulfilling the need to sleep.

Good location and nearby public transport possibilities, shops, restaurants and parks.

Room not clean (had to clean the backpacks after leaving...
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Room not clean (had to clean the backpacks after leaving them on the floor for the night...), bathroom towels were dirty, even used the shared bathroom as it was still more clean than the one in the room, not too friendly staff

OK for two nights sleep, very basic.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Delayed check-in for more than 3 hours due to "unusual technical problem". Later we got discount and free drinks, unprompted. It would have been more effective to communicate the resolution earlier. I know it's a hostel, but the prison-size room (c.ca 2x3m) is busy with even a bunk bed. Two lockers (made of wire) under the bed, but that's all. The rest room is OK for a hostel, but the corridors have not been cleaned up for the two days we spent there. Pretty much dirty, just like a college dorm after a party. We moved out early in the morning so we wanted breakfast bags. They made it finally, but we have to explain this 3 times to 3 different receptionist.

The location is good and the 24/24 reception is helpful. The bar is cosy and they play good music :-)

Common area was good, a lot of space to hang out and staff...
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Quite far from main attractions but with public transportation really close by. Some parts of the hostel looked quite old and not really clean, but nothing too bad

Common area was good, a lot of space to hang out and staff was always nice and helpful

Room was clean, staff was polite and facilities are good.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The sewage system of the hostel had issues. The room was very clean but the private toilet smell was horrible. Going in each time was like going into a gas chamber. Also, my room was facing the railway station so it was kinda noisy. Room was facing the afternoon sun so In summer, room was extremely hot

Room was clean, staff was polite and facilities are good. Nice place

We were happy to leave this place and I hope it was our last stay there :)
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

One whole hour waiting for registration! We came at 11:00 and we were asked to come at 14:00. We returned just at 14:05 and we saw a long queue. At about 15:00 we were registered while the queue was still as long as at 14:00. Why can't you register people at any time and at 14:00 just give them the keys? Check-out at 10:00. 4 hours for cleaning? Seriously? No free common place or kitchen for meeting people like in many other hostels. Elevator always busy when going from 6th to 1st floor. 2 small elevators for such a big building. Toilets, showers and rooms are not clean enough. Separated water taps for cold and hot water, extremely close to the sink. Come on, we're in 21th century, guys! Showers like in russian army, what a shame :( Very incomfortable. No towels in the room. You can have a little one for 6EUR at the reception. Wouldn't a new one be cheaper in einen Supermarkt? No chairs and no table in the room. Where can I seat? The 2-floor beds have very little space, you can't really seat there. The bedclothing is old and mine had stains :\ Unclear way to control people in the canteen.

The breakfast was nice, woman's toilet was quite clean. Close to the train station. Water sink in the room. No queues in the shower.

The common area/restaurant downstairs is big!
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Rooms could have been cleaner. Not very much information given at check in.

The common area/restaurant downstairs is big! The WiFi works really well. The location is great, really close to stations and well connected.

price and size
    • 6-Bed Room with Private Bathroom

VERY small bathroom and room caught afternoon sun, so it was unbearably HOT until evening...also loud due to the train outside my window all night

price and size

Had a great time because of the central location and easy check in and out.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

The bathrooms had broken toilets and weren’t that clean. Also there was no air conditioning so sleeping was a little difficult due to the heat.

It was a great location. Right next to the S-Bahn.

Staff wasn't very friendly and I was traveling alone and...
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Staff wasn't very friendly and I was traveling alone and was nervous, so having cold staff members didnt help. Also, the building looks like a very blank cold dorm building. not very comforting feel. Didnt like the bathroom was so far away from me and the lockers were broken

You get what you pay for, don’t expect more than that.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

The beds were noisy because of their old iron/metal estructure. The lockers provided were some sort of drawers underneath the bunk beds, metal cage style, quite easy to steal from; I got some food and my iPod stolen and funnily enough it happen while I was brushing my teeth using the basin inside of the room, people can pretend they are using their own locker but what they are really doing is introducing their hands inside of yours and you can’t really notice. Very frustrating. There’s no security at all.

The staff was kind and attentive. However, there was always a long queue of people waiting at the reception desk, no matter which time of the day/night.

The property is located close to an S-Bahn station (3-5 mins.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

It was so dirty... everywhere! The pot seats in the men’s WC were broken, the bathroom was incredibly dirty, and the (private) room we had booked was not clean as well. There were small hair all over on the mattress. The doors were heavy and created lots of noise when they were opened and closed. The noise of the doors disturbed my sleep the whole night. Last but not the least, the bunk bed in our twin room was uncomfortable and created lots of noise with each movement.

The property is located close to an S-Bahn station (3-5 mins. walk).

A great value-for-money stay
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The property was a bit out of date, which actually balanced with the great price.

In a nutshell, it was a great stay; Fast check-in, instant check-out etc. It would just be great if the bar stayed open for a bit longer.

Noisy, but worthly
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

It was in front of train station and therefore noisy. Young people made to much noise late at night which was really disturbing. Cleaning was very poor. Check in took to much time due to high requests. Wifi connection was not good.

The place was easy accessible by metro and public transport. Netto supermarket was nearby. The place worth the money that we paid. In the room there was a hand wash sink. Clean bed line was provided (towel excluded). Iron and washing facilities were available (but you have to pay for washing). Parking was good

Very small room, I booked 8 person room with the...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Very small room, I booked 8 person room with the ''private bathroom'' with it, which was probably the size of an airplain toilet, and also made out of the same material. The toilet and bathroom where made in the same cabin and whenever someone would shower the entire thing was under water. The rooms where very small, there was no table to sit and the only chargers where by the window. There were no small lights for reading a book or anything like that.

Not mutch
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

Party of 3 and we rent four bed room , in the morning we were invided by clening staff to check on us if there is a forth person ,we paid 400 for three nights and that was rediculus, budget place dont expect much and even then they can badly suprice you

Not mutch

If hygiëne is important then don't choose this hostel
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

pillows were very bad. Hallway was dirty and was not cleaned. Toilets were dirty and out of the four toilets on our floor, two had broken toilet seats.

Located next to the subway so easy to reach from the airport.

Not for tired people
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Extremely loud. There was constant noise of people slamming doors, leading loud conversations in the corridors, squeaking beds, toilets flushing. The breakfast quality and range was also very poor.

The staff was helpful and the hotel is on a direct tram line to Alexanderplatz and 2 minutes away from an S-bahn station.

Would be ok when I knew I`m going to the hostel...
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

I`m sure I booked something with "hotel" in the name. However, it is more "hostel". No towels, shared bathroom far on the floor, no table or chair in the room.

Locality

Surprisingly good
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Biggest negative, the bathrooms and showers are dreadful I'm afraid. Communal showers so no real privacy and are awful quality with water going all over the place and the shower area very dirty. I would check the showers on each floor and go to the cleanest ones. They should really just renovate that and I'm sure people's impressions of the place would be so much better. There's lots of school trips use this hostel. Some of the staff are great and others are just cold which is quite strange.

I feared the worst seeing the reviews and the not so great pictures they've used, instead of it looking quite good outside and in when you're there. The place is actually quite enjoyable. It's right next to the ringbahn station Landsberger Allee which means you can easily get to some great places in Berlin really fast in the East and the North. You use the tram to get to Alexanderplatz. The room was really quite spacious and the bed was fine and comfortable. You can easily work on your laptop there or down in the common area which is big and has loads of tables. There are big lockers in the room if you bring a padlock. The price can hardly be beaten and I repeatedly extended my stay. It's in an old communist building which is enormous and the area is real East Berlin. The people that stay in the hostel are by far the most sociable I've come across. Right next to a supermarket and fast food places.

Disgusting room.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

I would not recommend this hostel even if it were for my enemy. Double room (only me and my girlfriend would spend 4 nights on it) disgusting. Chewing gum glued to the walls and beds, hairy sheets, certainly not changed before we entered the room. The bathroom was the most disgusting thing I had in hostels, even though it was inside the room, it looked like a public bathroom, plastic, we could not fit in it, when trying to bathe the bathroom was completely flooded, the floor was greasy!!!! On top of all that, the walls did not hold the noise, teenagers ran and screamed until 3 AM in the corridors, impossible to sleep. No employee of the hostel solved the situation. We paid more than 200 euros and we could not stay even 8am the first day at the hostel, there was not the least condition of lodging. We felt deeply hurt by the situation, we had to pay to go to another place where we could rest and have the minimum of hygiene possible on our vacation. One of the worst situations we've ever had! Do not stay at this hostel!

Dirty, loud & annoying. I was really happy only while leaving.
    • Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I don't have high requirements when it comes to accommodation – its just sleeping. I sleep a lot in Hostels and i like it. There are only three things, i expect from a Hostel – it have to be clean, the staff have to be friendly and i want to have access to my bed whenever i want. Unfortunately, Generator didn't fit any of the requirements. Cleanliness Bathrooms & Stairways was really dirty. I don't had the feeling somebody is cleaning up there regularly. It was smelling in the room even if we had open windows all the time. Reliabilty My keycard didn't work the second day, so i had to stay in the line to reception for almost one hour two days in a row. At the reception there's only one staff member working and thats clearly not fitting the requirements for this big facility. Friendliness The staff is not friendly. For example, while staying the second day in the line to reception, i asked the guy just to fix my card quick, so i can go to sleep. He just replied to stay in the line. When i said that this is not a good manner to keep the guests satisfied, he just said »that's what you get for your money«. And there were a few situation like this – at the reception & the bar. I would never recommend to stay here. It's cheap – that's all. You can find a lot of better places in Berlin.

Train & Tram Stations are next to the property, but thats almost everything positive i remember from my stay.

Good value for money
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Only 2 power socket for like 8 beds. They should provide more. The bathrooms were quite far.

It was so big and in a very good location. The cleanliness level was very high. The staff were very friendly

Spacial room as i have big luggages.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Extra charges for luggage storage. Dryer is not good enough to dry the clothes. No hot water. Maybe there is that i didn't go explore the kitchen since eating there is with extra charges.

Spacial room as i have big luggages. Comfortable bed. Comfortable shower place. Enough of shower cubicles as well as basin. The restroom are always very clean. Great location, great price.

The hairdryers were broken in the whole shower room, was...
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

The hairdryers were broken in the whole shower room, was impossible to dry the hair. And absolute nonsense - the most stupid thing I have ever seen - in all the bathrooms & in the bedrooms - two different taps (separate taps) with cold and hot water. How can you wash your face when water from one tap is super hot and from another is cold? Should I have a bucket to mix it & only after wash my face or hands. Ridiculous! I stayed in Generator in Genova, it was quite good hostel. But in Berlin - a disaster🙈

Nice facilities, good staff.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Nice facilities, good staff. Location is pretty good, food market and some cafes just down the road. Underground station couple meters from hostel, and extremely low price. 9€ per night. So I think it’s more then fare. Rooms been cleaned on daily basics. It’s worth it to stay there if you wish to safe money and receive reasonable services back

Browse Generator Berlin Prenzlauer Berg traveller photo gallery