Reviews of Golden Tulip Berlin Hotel Hamburg This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Landgrafenstr. 4, Mitte, 10787 Berlin, Germany

#208 of 579 hotels in Berlin

The reception staff Beichel, is more than helpful. I forget my suitcase in the bus. Asked the staff to help me, the other staff just told to call outside from put public phone as I didn't have mobile semi card for germany. Which Beichel cAll for me from the hotel and follow my case till the end. Big thank to the most helpful staff Beichel.

The area, while certainly nice, is somewhat remote from most places we wanted to visit (the nearest U-Bahn station, however, is quite close).

The room (ours got upgraded for no extra charge) was both roomy and well equipped. There was, in fact, more furniture and equipment available than we could make use of. We had little business with the staff, but the few encounters were quite pleasant.

The trash from the bathroom bin was not cleaned before we checked in

The room was nice and clean, with enough space for clothing. The bathroom was really big

The room could have been cleaner - after the room was just done I found stains on the towels. While I was in the room one lady from the staff entered without even knocking, and I got misleading information to reach the airport, like I was supposed to take a train that does not actually stop at the airport. And then the price was just nuts - I know it was a busy weekend but considering the whole experience I don't think it was worth it

Very close to the underground and to Tiengarten. Very quiet place. The hotel rents bikes, a convenient way to see the whole city.

Although the room was clean and everything was nice I found a plastic bottle behind the curtains. Even though its not a deal breaker its still unpleasent.

Hotel was nice, in a quiet area, staff was friendly and helpfull. The room was clean and had all amenities. The breakfast buffet offered a good variety of choices. It is quite close to the U-bahn.

Friendly service, nice and quiet location near public transportation. Good restaurants nearby, supermarket and taxi. Short distance from and to airport by taxi (only 20 minutes).

I've stayed here a number of times before, and I think the best bit is the very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful staff. The location is also excellent, on a quiet side street, near a bus route and both U- and S-Bahn stations.

No slippers in the room, impossible to take a shower not leaving a big puddle of water on the floor.

Good quiet location, clean room with a corner table to do some work if required.

Not very friendly and helpful waiters during breakfast.

Perfect parking, nice staff at reception, very comfortable beds, clean room. Nice and friendly waiter in Lobby Bar. Small technical problems were solved very quickly and professionally.

Only very small suggestions to the hotel management for further improvement: - I asked a week before if there would be a possibility for refund in case I could not make the travel (despite of the policy) = I got a strict "no"... :-/ - The staff is really in the "background", so I can not associate the hotel with some "personalities"/ with a "face"... - Under the blankets we were sweating slightly; maybe something more "fluffy" and less heavy...?

The rooms are perfect. This hotel really deserves its 4 stars in all aspects (being able to compare through booking.com with several other 4-star experiences in Europe / Asia which do not really do so). I broke a small thing in the bathroom and left a note asking kindly for immediate repair and they did it on the same day perfectly - this is really outstanding. The design and the proportions of the room are excellent. Illumination, plugs, frig, matress, storing capacity, overall quality of furniture etc.; to name a few: excellent. Quiet! Supermarket next door. Public transport a few steps away. Close to one of the best shopping areas you can imagine. The view of the roofs of Berlin was nice, although not breathtaking ;-)

I was dissapointed with unfriendly staff. The terrace on the roof is not in use for guests. Room was pretty small for the price we paid.

Location was good if you want to go shopping or to the Berlin zoo.

Only good things to say.

Excellent location, with bus an underground very close. The staff was excellent, I don't remember the name but the man who was at the bar was very nice with us. We made check out at eleven and they very gently let us leave our bags the rest of the day secured.

Very small room, different from the foto on booking.com Expensive parking

Very good breakfast, really big choice of food. Close to the street with shops

At 17 Euros breakfast was very expensive when we could go into a cafe and eat three breakfasts for less money and spend the difference on buses.

Great location near the Zoo and some bars and restaurants and the excellent transport into the city. Very knowledgeable staff who very very helpful.

Double beds are simply two single beds pushed together , so very uncomfortable sleeping on two matrasses . Not in a 4 star hotel ! With the booking it was set by mistake that It was a two guest occupancy . But I was alone . The hotel only charged me once the city tax but charged me separately to the room double breakfast. They could have notified me this mistake and not charge me Double. That would have been a smart and business orientated approach . Moreover I booked a fifth night .! I will for sure never go back . I am several times a year in berlin and this was the worst hotel I have ever come across there . All in all for sure not a 4 star and unprofessional . Been to other golden tulip hotels and this one has in my opinion not its place amongst them .

The location was ok . Breakfast was good but pricey 17€ considering Thay you can get the same for 9,50€ at motel one .

Because the booking said for two people but I was alone , I was charged for city tax for one person but then 2x17€ =34€ for a breakfast. You cAn get same type of breakfast for 9€ in most hotels and charging me double though seeing I was alone they could have been more classy and only charge me one breakfast per day . The beds are far away from luxury hotel standards . Practically two single beds pushed together which is very uncomfortable to sleep in. Very poor I found . I will for sure never return to that hotel . And I don’t recommend it either .

Location was ok

The room wasn’t clean enough especially the sink in the bathroom The back of the bed wasn’t comfortable to sit up right and the pillow was too soft I had 2 separate bookings for two consecutive nights When I checked in I asked if I was gonna be moved to another room the next day and was told that I was gonna be moved but to a better room Because of this I didn’t really take all my stuff out of my suitcase and haven’t settled in in the room properly The next day I packed all my stuff and went down to the reception and told them that my suitcases are in the room ready to be moved I went out and when I came back I was told that I was gonna stay in the same room and even if they move me they would move me to a similar room in a different floor !! So I chose to stay in my room Next time you tell someone that he/she will be moved to a better room please do it I couldn’t settle in properly because of this and was disappointed Otherwise the staff was nice and helpful

INABILITY TO CONTROL TEMPERATURE - THE ROOM WAS OVERHEATED. ON REQUEST AT RECEPTION I WAS ADVISED NOTHING COULD BE DONE.

LOCATION, STAFF, ROOM SIZE, BATHROOM WATER PRESSURE

I've stayed at Golden Tulip for a total of 18 nights (first stay was 12 nights, second stay was 6 nights) and I cannot think of something I did not like. Well, unless you count one of the drawers at the desk (there's two of them). I sat at the desk a lot and every single time I got up, I knocked my thigh against the right one, which hurt and gave me bruises. So there you have it, that would be the one thing I really wouldn't mind living without, next time I'm there :-)

It's the second time I've stayed at Golden Tulip in Berlin. The rooms are very, very clean, there is anything you might need (even ironing board, etc.), free wi-fi, the possibility to print out things, the employees are very polite and forthcoming, the 100 bus drives right in front of it and you can take it every 5 minutes to the centre or the train station at Zoologischer Garten, which makes the location perfect. It was an all in all relaxing and enjoyable experience, just as it should be. We're going there again.

The breakfast was expensive but quality ave Rooms small, bedding ugly, no permanent iron. Overall feeling small and cheap, not what I expected, stayed there a year before for less money and bigger/better room, but will not stay there again.

check in was quick

IT is very good hotel, Breakfast is very fine. Wifi was good. It's not luxury, but perfect for those on a budget who want a nice place to stay in Berlin!

The price of the parking could be just a bit cheaper, but otherwise, we were very happy that there was onsite parking at all. The hotel is evidently a little bit old but they seem to have maintained and upgraded it well.

We really liked the location of this hotel. It is close to a number of restaurants and there is a grocery shop a minute's walk from the front door. The staff were friendly and professional, especially the breakfast staff, who were very kind to our baby son. We liked that there was a parking spot underground and the train station is only around ten minutes away on foot. Our room is not too large but it is comfortable enough.

The room service was very poor, the rooms were never cleaned properly and we had to ask for towels to be brought, mugs to be changed and coffee and tea to be refilled. The cleaning staff was very unfriendly.

none

Very nice atmosphere. Super Breakfast. Friendly service. Very good WiFi Central location in the city. Will certainly use this hotel in future visits. aaaaaaaaaaaaai will strongly recommend this hotel to my friends.

We didn’t try the breakfast because for 17 euros per person we thought it was a bit pricey.

Excellent staff, excellent location, very clean, very central and next to supermarket and bus stop (the 100 takes you both to the center and to the train station Zoo), near main train station, very peaceful neighborhood.

They refused to give a small bed for my 3 year old child and they changed the room from two persons to 3 persons without our knowledge. For them child is 1 year old no more. I had to pay more for the new room they gave me. For cleaning, they didn't change new sheets for the bed just put back the same. After all this, we didn't even hear Hi from night shift stuff.

First time to Berlin, very nice the city.

Staff (Monika and Sufian) were excellent at the reception. Room upgraded to large apartment, very comfortable, clean and cozy. Location very close to the Kudam. Breakfast so good. All in all, excellent.

Rooms are a little cramped; but ok because I was not traveling with family.

The location is really prime. Within a 15 minute walk Wittenberg Square on one side, Zoo on a second and the Victory monument and Berlin's largest garden on the third. And a supermarket just below. The 100 bus route, from across the street, takes you to the Reichstag area.

Pastabuffet was organized especially for the marathon runners which was a good thing, but the selection of sauces could be better. A regular tomato sauce is still the best option for runners

Good breakfast Breakfast was organized earlier than normal for the marathon runners Pasta Buffet was organized for the marathon runners Friendly staff

Nothing stands out! There wasn't an ironing board in the room, which I like, but that's pretty minor :)

Really close to several public transit stops (and the public transit in Berlin is awesome and reliable) so this was a huge plus! Comfortable, quiet, and clean rooms along with a nice staff makes this a really solid hotel. It's not luxury, but perfect for those on a budget who want a nice place to stay in Berlin!

Room was a little cramped but wasn't too bad. I also emailed hotel about shuttle service and never heard back.

The breakfast was amazing. So many choices and everything was delicious. The staff was all amazing and very helpful.

We booked a superior room with two separate beds and, according to booking.com, a sleeping sofa. The sofa was not one to sleep on, so this information was incorrect.

Good size room, good quality beds, very comfortable stay.

4 nights - one bottle of water on arrival. After sightseeing all day the closest shop closes at 9.30pm and we kept missing it! Water is cheap I've no problem buying but it would have been nice to have water as there is no minibar, there's a vending machine that has soft drinks and snacks but no water. Disappointed also that our double room was two single beds pushed together so not ideal for a couple, I phoned reception on arrival and asked if it was a twin room and they said no that this was a double room. Tea and coffee facilities not so plentiful, I had to ask to get the coffee replenished and they only ever left 2 sugars and 2 creamer so tough luck if the two of you take sugar or milk you'll just be having the one hot drink per day. Also if you wanted a robe or slippers or iron etc you had to request them, I'm not one for pestering reception so I went without. Soap/shampoo dispenser in the shower was empty for the duration of our 4 night stay despite housekeeping everyday so we bought our own.

The property was clean and comfortable beds with pillow menu. The staff were nice and helpful. Reception and bar area very nicely decorated and bar staff extremely pleasant to deal with. It's not that difficult to find at all. The 100 bus stops at the corner and the underground is a short walk away. An all day €7 (ABC zones) ticket will cover you for all trains, busses, metro and underground. Housekeeping daily. Air conditioning was excellent as the weather was quiet warm.

The pillows were really thin and provided no support. The bathrom was clean but did not smell very nice. The staff was nice enough but seemed a bit bothered about helping you. There's a mini bar in the room with drinks but no opener. When we requested one the staff suggested we find our own which we thought was a bit rude considering it's a 4 star hotel.

Great location, close to lots of shopping centers and restaurants. The bus 100 which is right outside takes you straight through the center of the city. A short walk will bring you to KaDeWe which besides being the Harrods of Germany is a hop on hop off point for the tour buses. The hotel has nice modern spacious rooms. It's not too far from Tegal airport.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The building is not so nice on the first sight but inside is renovated and pretty comfortable.

It is an apartment with the comfort of a hotel. They have an independent entrance and they even do your dishes every day!

The staffs are so friendly and this hotel is excellent for stay in Berlin. I recommend this hotel. It is near public transport and it's close to supermarkets and restaurants.

I chose this hotel as well because they have a shuttle from the airport, in the end it was paid and it was more expensive than the taxi. They didn't even answer for the question I left during the booking. I had to call them by myself to clear all questions. And I didn't get back the phone's charge I forgot in my room.

A young man at the reception desk, who worked on the morning of July 23 and 24. He was competent and ready to help.

As someone who doesn't usually care about it, the pillows were so thin they were almost non-existent (lots of double-stacking and folding in half was done). The wifi login system was also a little bit irritating.

This hotel was such a pleasant surprise, with amazing service and great rooms at a really reasonable price. Really good check-in and check-out times too!

Coffee quality at breakfast and in room. No concierge.

Staff were friendly. Bicycles easy to hire. Beds were comfortable. Hotel was quiet. Location is close to bus route..

.The rooms are so small, there is no place to open your lugged. the room smelled not so good. even though we checked out at 4 AM the hotel charged us 60 euro for breakfast and didnt show any willingness to help

Spacious, light, clean very comfortable modern appointed rooms with reasonable views over leafy avenue close to city centre and local amenities.

• Executive Double Room

The room needs massive repairs. The room is not soundproof at all - we could hear both street and hall noises.

The location is good and the breakfast fabulos. The staff is doing their best to help and speaks good english

minibar was almost empty....

nice crossroads location, near KaDeWe. Taxi just across the street. Number of nice restaurants to choose around the neighborhood.

We had a weak wireless internet reception. Even when it was working it was pretty slow. The TV was configured in such a way that I couldn't use my ChromeCast.

The location was great, on a relatively quiet side street within walking distance from the Tiergarten and public transportation.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Amazing place! Location is perfect - in the city center, but still at the quite street. Ca. 10 walk to Zoologischer Garten. Stop of bus 100 (the one going through the main touristic places in Berlin) is just near the hotel. So is the supermarket. We had an apartments. We were given a bigger room than booked - that was really nice. Great furnishing, modern and reasonable. Huge dish set, though the kitchen is very small.

Well, in my feeling it's not a reasonable price for a good, but very basic room

Staff was really great, very helpfull and problem solving. Well, once we checked in, we've found that there were some problems with a bathroom in our room. So we had to ask the staff to change a room for us wich the receptionist did without any problems. We even got a room upgrade. Afterwards we even got a late checkout for free, so I definately can't complain

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

The local of this hotel is perfect. We could walk to everything. The value was incredible. Breakfast was a little disappointing but the dinners were excellent.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

The comforters were too heavy and hot (Like all European hotels).

The service was great; you could borrow an umbrella; you could borrow an adapter. All employees were courteous and helpful. Room was comfortable and attractive; had a refrigerator.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Staff at check in was especially rude, and left an overall bad impression from the start. Check out was horrid. We thought we had made a reservation with breakfast, but the hotel wanted 34 euros for their spread. We left under threat. I will never stay there again and cannot recommend it to anyone.

Nothing about this hotel is remarkably praiseworthy. The room was small but adequate. The property was the worst of our 23 days in Europe.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

The opening mechanism in the window broke down, and we were left with a cold draft right next to our bed for 2 days. We asked the manager twice to send someone to repair it but no one came in the end. Also, this may be a little too far away from the centre if you come to Berlin as a tourist.

There are a few cafes/bakeries/a supermarket within a 7-minute walk from the hotel. The metro station, the main luxury department store, the Zoo and the main shopping street are also all within a walking distance.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

The room was quite clean and comfortable, however, there was a bedbug on my bed that bit me multiple times.

Great hotel, kind and efficient staff and good location.

my only problem was the internet. It wasn't always easy to access it and keeps on disconnecting and you have re-register for it again. It was not reliable for my work.

I really liked the area, close to tier garden and zoo.. and a long but nice walk to Friedrichstraße. The room was a bit small but pleasant and clean

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• I did a flexible booking but the reception asked me to pay in advance before stay, as I did not made the booking through their website. I have booked with booking.com in so many places in Berlin, but this is the only place asked me to pay in advance. • The exchange rate the hotel use from Euro to Pounds was very high; they charge me 40 pounds more than normal rate. • Breakfast always too busy. The same menus daily, I stayed 5 days but there was no clear change of varieties of food. I would believe that other 3 stars hotels around are much better. • The internet is fast enough, but you have to login several times a day. • The sofa in the room was not facing the TV. They might need to re-deploy the furniture in the room same for the toilet the wash basin is bigger than the shower! • Some receptionist did not accept English greetings, you have to greet them in Germany.

• Quiet area and rooms. • Near to so many facilities and restaurants. • Superior double room was reasonably big size in the 10th floor. • Cleaners and room services were very polite ladies.

The hotel is good, however for the price could include breakfast. It doesn't have a gym which was a shame. The majority of the staff was well prepared and very kindly, however there was one guy that was not friendly and do not fit in this kind of hotel.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

The staff were so unfriendly when we arrived, it took them have an hour to answer our questions and didn't even look at our faces while answering.

Breakfast, this time around was not as good as our previous two visits. They are clearly cost-cutting on certain items, e.g. no mushrooms, potato hash browns. Even so, the quantity was available, which was fine.

We paid for a premium room, and we got it. Check-in was easy, and early, for once. We did not have to wait until mid-afternoon for a normal time of check in.

Breakfast, if compared to other hotels in the neighborhood, could be a bit better. Due to the strike in the airports of Berlin, I sent 3 messages to the hotel to advise about my delay and make sure I would keep my reservation, but I got no feedback. I shared it in the front desk during my checkin and got some attitude from the attendant.

Room and bed were excellent and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Had two separate comforters for one double bed. It would be nice to have a one big queen size comforter.

Very good location, very nice spacey room, nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

The Room was tight someway. No Iron Facilities in room the Pillows are not good.

Strong Hot water, Strong Wifi Network Good,Helpful and Smiley Staff

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

We had no mini-bar in the room. There was only a vending machine that didn't had too many products, for example it didn't had any water for 3 days in a row. The rooms are pretty small and it's hard to navigate through the room.

The staff was very, very ok. We asked them a lot of questions about Berlin and the surroundings and they've always answered and advise us with a big smile on their faces. The cleaning service is also at a high level. The position of the hotel is very good, especially if you enjoy a healthy walk through a very interesting city.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

No complaints

The food was very good and varied. Even respectable coffee. The staff was honestly friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable. The location was ideal.

the bed is German style, we didn't mind having the single duvets on a double bed but the pillows were too low and soft which didn't provide support.

The room are nice and very clean. Our was not very big but the bathroom was comfortable and with a bathtub. The u-bahn is 10min walking and the train station to the airport 15 min walking.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

This apartment was outside the main hotel building.Our stay was spoiled by the lack of WIFI. After we complained,it took them one day to figure out that the router was defective.Second day they figured out that the problem was not with the router but with the line from the hotel to the apartment.Promised to fix it on the third day, but couldn't fix it before we checked out.I paid for a room with free wifi,but didn't get to enjoy that facility.There were 2 TV's,both disconnected when we checked in.There was no complimentary coffee or tea bags .Somebody should have inspected the room before releasing it to the guests and the staff was arrogant when we complained.

We booked the room for 4 and got a very beautiful spacious apartment with a well equipped kitchen,separate room for kids,nice wardrobes and heating.This hotel is located in a quite locality,little bit away from the main tourist areas and shopping centers.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Small room without bathtub does not meet 4-star standards. The room was quite cold in Oct. and air conditioning was not activated. We changed to another hotel (3-star superior) next day and it was absolutely worth it.

Breakfast is fine, just meeting the 4-star stands.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Breakfast good quality , but at 17 euro each Probably slightly higher than desirable

Location mid way between slightly disappointing West Berlin and the truly stunning east Berlin Both walkable

You have to walk a bit from the nearest metro station to get to the hotel.

The staff is very friendly. Especially my son was very happy at meeting with Svenja while he and I enjoyed dinner at the restaurant. I would like to stay here again.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

The staff were welcoming. The room was a good size,nice comfortable beds.The bathroom was large and clean.The room had a kettle with tea and coffee for making drinks.The lounge area had a restaurant and a comfortable bar area.The The bar staff were very attentive and friendly.On checking out we were able to leave our bags for the whole day as we had an evening flight.Taxis were conveniently located across the street from the hotel and a reasonable cost of eur40.00 back to Schoenefeld airport taking about 30 minutes. I would certainly return to this hotel if visting Berlin again and I would reccommend it to any of my friends also.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

We were on the ground floor so that our patio door could be reached from the street. We felt it was a bit of a security issue.

We stayed in a apartment suite in a building next to hotel. It gave my wife and I the space of a suite for the price of a hotel room. Staying in the apartment suite gave us the privacy of our own home.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

The only thing going I dont like is French bEd's are separate which is impossible to lay in middle of the bed. You always need to get them together.

This is my second stay at this hotel. Would like to stay again. Very much comfortable and central

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

I have paid money to stay inside the hotel but they put me in a single room apartment with a different entrance ... no air condition just one fan I have asked for another fan but they didn't bring it... I have asked them twice !!

Cleanliness & WiFi.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Nice spacious accommodation with excellent facilities. Ideal for us as teenage son had room to himself. Good having an apartment but with the benefits of hotel facilities.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

One of the rooms bins were never emptied or dishes washed. My son was suck and I cleaned everything up and maid tried to charge 50 euro for this

Lovely hotel and have stayed before. Excellent location and rooms are excellent

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Room could have been bigger.

Very good hotel in Berlin! Friendly staff and very good food in the restaurant. Highly recommended! Good location near Tiergarten.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Daily cleaning could be better, some details when cleaning the room were missing.

Very nice and well equipped appartment, few blocks away from Tiergarten and Kurfurstendam

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Small room, pillows too soft. Sheets were changed only once in 7 days.

Good location, next to public transport and shopping street. Clean room, wifi works well.

Browse Golden Tulip Berlin Hotel Hamburg traveller photo gallery