Reviews of The Westin Grand Munich This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Arabellastr. 6, Bogenhausen, 81925 Munich, Germany

#182 of 349 hotels in Munich

Based on 2054 hotel reviews

4.3

The lobby is big and nice
    • Bavarian Double or Twin Room

The toilet was not clean enough The staff doesn’t like children bec my son was screaming one time and some of them didn’t like that and their face was change unexpectedly. Come on!!!

The lobby is big and nice Room size and design is great They have Bathroom shattaf (hoos)

The best was extra comfy, and the swimming pool was great...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

1.Two times in a row we left early in the morning from the hotel and we came back at 17:00 -18:00. Our room was not cleaned , we informed the receptionist and then they sent the room service (they only fixed the beds and changed towels in rush...). If we wanted to rest in our room we should wait the room service to finish! There was not Do not disturb sign -we were not in the room! 3.The guarantee amount 150€ was not refunded immediately. It was released 4 days later. In the meanwhile I sent e mail twice and I didn't get any reply!They replied only after the survey. 4.Smart TV is not Smart since it is not connect with the internet. 5. I kindly requested the invoice to be ready last day (All info were in the booking reservation) stuff was not able to find it. We wrote down manually the info and last day another receptionist did'n had idea were the info is 6. I went 3 times to reception to fix my wi-fi in three nights

The best was extra comfy, and the swimming pool was great and clean

The spa was great! The breakfast was incredible! Taking advantage of customers is not okay.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Sadly, the hotel could have been higher rated except for the following: (1) I am a SPG member and was not placed on a SPG floor; (2) There was no mini-bar in the room, yet there were still price lists for items. I wanted a gin and tonic upon my return from a concert. There was a loud event in the bar, so I had to call room service for a drink. This ended up costing me 30 Euros!!! When I brought these concerns to the staff, they just smiled and said that 'Oh. That's the way it is here.' I felt I should have received a courtesy or at least a credit, but nothing was forthcoming. For this serious lack of customer attention and care, I have to mark the hotel seriously down - it felt like I was being fleeced. I travel extensively and have never had this sort of treatment.

The spa was absolutely wonderful! I had the best facial massage I've had in my life, with Sonia! She was amazing! I would return for a spa visit for this reason. Breakfast was also incredible - and was included in my room rate.

very much recommended

on rush hour unfortunately we waited for more than 2 hours for extra blanket

the stuff at the check in / out was very friendly the bad was very comfortable the breakfast was great lots of variety the spa area was great very much recommended

Not a 5 star hotel but nice.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I did not feel the hotel was 5 star. The rain shower had so much lime scale built up it was not a rain shower. The heater in the bathroom did not work. The Jacuzzi in the pool was cold and when I tried to connect to WiFi I realised I was being charged 5eur for every 2 hours. Not what I would expect.

The bed was very comfy and staff seemed lovely.

We would not return to this chain of hotels again.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

To be greeted after a long journey with the first member of staff at reception saying that there was no extra large king bed room available (when I selected one at booking stage) was not what we wanted to hear. We dug our heels in and insisted. Lo and behold we got our room. This set the scene for he 3 days we were there and after travelling in Germany on business several times, this was not welcome or normal behaviour for the top quality hotels I have stayed in in the past. Expensive WiFi in room also.

Breakfast was good, bed was comfortable

It was fine
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Honesty is missing in this hotel and the staff never respect or honor their words .. The reception guy at night says use the internet and we will take it of your bill and in the morning they charge it and the girl doesn't care what her colleague said .. no matter how much the hotel is good if there is no honesty and morals all other facilities worth nothing .. never again for Westin hotel

It was fine

The staff were really helpful and were prompt at our...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel room did not feel like it is clean. The bedside tables were dusty.

The staff were really helpful and were prompt at our requests. Quiet room.

Buy breakfast buffet ticket at least a day before.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

A bit of a transit from hauptbahnhof, but very comfortable and good value.

Buy breakfast buffet ticket at least a day before... AWESOME selection. Beautiful pool. Pleasant staff. Enjoyed Members Lounge with beautiful view. Good gym.

Very surprising that WiFi was not included free of charge...
    • Bavarian Double or Twin Room

Very surprising that WiFi was not included free of charge taking into account the very high room rate, I think free WiFi is standard in hotels nowadays. This is especially important when travelling for business.

A decent but not great hotel saved by its location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bar is ridiculously expensive, some staff great others less than helpful.

Bed very comfortable, location excellent for local coffee shops and restaurants. Peaceful

A really nice romantic weekend.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Notwithstanding the free wifi in the lobby, the lack of free wifi in the room was a surprise.

We were fortunate enough to receive a room upgrade, which was a pleasant surprise and nice touch to our 'romantic weekend away'. The room, as you would expect, was very well equipped, clean and included the smaller things which ensure it has that 5-star feel. The bed was excellent, having a soft 'topper' for comfort on a supportive mattress. My wife loved the inclusion of a bath along with a shower. Our room on the 15th floor also had a nice view of the city. We really enjoyed the indoor pool, steam room and saunas.

One night in the lap of luxury.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I did not understand or appreciate why one had to pay to use the WiFi in one's room. This was a minor disappointment.

I think that this was the best hotel I have ever stayed in! The interior was decorated very tastefully, the rooms were big and beautiful with incredibly comfy beds, the pool and saunas were so stylishly presented and relaxing, and the breakfast was perhaps the best breakfast I have ever had the fortunate to have grace my lips! I loved everything from the wonderfully scented leaf-shaped hand soap and lavender sleeping oils to the pine-scented steam room and the morning omelettes prepared in front of my very eyes, and the staff were among the most accommodating and friendliest I have ever met.

Grand Hotel in Munich is up there with the best of them...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Grand Hotel in Munich is up there with the best of them (facilities, service and above all value for money). The staff were top class and went out of their way to facilitate our stay. I would highly recomend this hotel to anybody traveling to Munich.

Nice place for conferences, but missing free wi-fi in the rooms is awkward.
    • Bavarian Double or Twin Room

No free Wi-Fi in the room looks a little archaic for an hotel trying to get high standards ...

Spacious room, quiet, very clean. Very good food at the restaurant.

Really enjoyable stay. Great staff, facilities & a great location!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was quite expensive (€19 per person) even though it is a 5 star hotel. There were no bathrobes & slippers in our room (we had to request them, and then they only brought one!)

There as a great selection of food and drinks at breakfast and it was very tasty. Our server at breakfast was Eileen (from Derry) and she was lovely and attentive and we enjoyed chatting to her each morning. She even remembered our coffee order! In relation to the room, the bathroom was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. We had a really good night's sleep on both nights! Room service was efficient and staff were happy to help with any requests we had. The location was very convenient for getting into town and for going to and from the airport. We walked into Marienplatz on the first day (45mins walk, but you go through a park which is nice) and then got the U train the next time. Overall, a great hotel for visiting Munich!

Very comfortable beds and pillow.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The place is really isolated and far from the center. Far from the metro station too. Having to pay for the wi-fi in the room is a complete nonsense in 2018 when you claim to be a 5 star business oriented hotel. Honestly the breakfast could be improved with healthy food fresh fruits (but you have 5 differnt kingd of saussages)

Very comfortable beds and pillow. Ths gym is OK even if for a hotel of that size the room is very tiny and may get easily packed. No bench press but dumbells (max 20kg). Welcoming and friendly staff.

Breakfast was fabulous, spa and hotel restaurant both open...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It’s not the most central location, but still very easily reachable.

Breakfast was fabulous, spa and hotel restaurant both open late (10 and 11pm respectively), which suited my schedule very well. Staff was very friendly throughout.

Begbug infestation!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

My four year old daughter obtained nearly 30 bed bug bites during our holiday in Germany! She had five bites on her face and multiple bites on her hands and forearms. I obtained a three bites on my face and right arm. My husband and I were beyond horrified and incredibly dissappointed that this could happen while staying in such an establishment.

Beautiful hotel, horrendous breakfast staff
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The check in staff were great and extremely helpful.... That however was ruined by the horrible horrible horrible horrible rude woman at breakfast. I can't express how rude this woman was. She was the woman making the omelettes, never smiled and was so rude and impatient. She was rude to everyone and had a very intimidating attitude about herself. There was 2 of them and they were both horrendous.. Do yourself a favour and NEVER book breakfast here. She ruined the whole stay and was so so so rude to us every morning we ordered breakfast. There was a waitress who kept rushing us at breakfast as well... Please get rid of her, ive stayed at this property several times in the last few years and she is there every year. I will be staying somewhere else next year. The hotel was great but to start your morning at breakfast with this rude woman and her attitude ruined it

Bed is super comfortable. Hotel is clean, quiet. Helpful and very friendly, professional and accommodating staff at reception

The breakfast was good just a bit of a wait time for omelets.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was good just a bit of a wait time for omelets. Great staff and pleasant environment. The bedroom was good although the fixings felt dated. Overall good hotel

We enjoyed the Spa which is very clean and pleasant.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

One person at the reception was not nice, borderline agressive when the printer didn't work for onlinecheckin and I asked help. He was totally INCOMPETENT to do the job, he has to be trained seriously or...removed. The rest of the Staff was very helpful and nice except this particularly young MAN at the reception on saturday the 16th of december between 11 and 12pm. The mattress and the pillows are too soft>back and neckpain!

We enjoyed the Spa which is very clean and pleasant. The sport facilities are very good as well. Breakfast is delicious with nice staff.

Had upgraded me to a suite for free.
    • Westin Club Room

Had requested toothpaste and adapter for my plug, but waited an hour and no one showed up. I had to go to the front desk to finally retrieve them in person. Carpets in room were a little dirty. Although close to my business meeting, it was not close to anything else of interest to explore as far as I could tell.

Had upgraded me to a suite for free.

The hotel is modern with great facilities
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The situation of the hotel is not good for a tourist in Munich who doesn't enjoy the metro, generally a customer in a 5 stars hotell do not use the metro... There should be an airport shuttle, the journey by taxi is like € 150,00 back and forth...

The hotel is modern with great facilities

Excellent service
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Restaurants where over priced and the food was not to my taste. I recommend going over the road to a small arcade there are a few good local places to eat

Very very friendly and helpful staff, beautiful hotel and rooms

Our stay is always confortable and we feel good
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

In that hotel everything is well. The spa aria ( is free) the staff is always very kind and helpful. The rooms are confortable and elegant. We visit this property from many years.

Was ok.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room service was terrible. Our trash cans were not emptied, we never had enough towels, tissues were not refilled so we were all Blowing our noses with toilet paper.

Breakfast was good.

Functional hotel in characterless area outside the city centre.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel was pretty characterless and in a characterless area. We ordered two room service "grilled ham and cheese sandwiches" at €19 each. Only one appeared, fortunate as it was the worst hotel food I have ever experienced - cold, soggy and tasteless.

Easy to find and to park. Comfortable beds and reasonable bathroom.

Very elegant and classy experience
    • Westin Club Room

Long que to get breakfast table and eggs

Ambience was really Cosy friendly staff and the bar is great . We did not like the long wait for a table in the morning during breakfast . And the long queue for eggs almost 10 minutes but in overall was a pleasant stay

Convenient for the purpose.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Everything gets over priced. They even asked € 20 for a day of wifi.

It is a luxurious hotel, having everything (but at a high price). Stayed there because of trade show being held there.

Disappointing. Staff not helpfull would not stay here again
    • Bavarian Double or Twin Room

Unfriendly staff and much confusion about rooms at check in. With the price you pay for this hotel it was disappointing to see that paying as much as we did for a room that we still had to pay internet service. As we had been traveling for over a week before our arrival we needed to do laundry. This service at the hotel was very expensive. We asked for assistance in getting to a laundry mat close by and the staff sent us to an address that was an abandoned house in a residential area. Several Euros and 1 1/2 hours later we found one but with no apologies from the staff when mentioned on our return. We found the service and helpfulness by Some of the staff here very disappointing for a hotel of this caliber.

V.good hotel

We found it difficulties to check-in , but the problem was solved and they apologized for what happened.

My job is traveling between countries and I am always realistic: This is a great hotel in general. The staff are great. They offers car parking, fast internet access, a tasty breakfast, in general its in a good location with transportation, but its not ideal location for those who want to shop near Munich city center.

When it comes fo Munich i have to stay at bogenhausen my...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Parking price should be reconsider

When it comes fo Munich i have to stay at bogenhausen my favorite area to stay. Quiet place and not much traffice through out the week. I chose Westin grand for the best location and availabity rooms due to oktoberfest. Great restaurants in the house and surroundings, nearby supermarkets too, and most important is public transportation within walking distance.

terrrible service, lack of Basic hygenine standard
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

-everyday we have to call for tidy up room, remove the dirty cups etc, sometimes we have to call several times to get this done, it is very annoying ; -hotel quite shabby, feel a little dirty, old, need to be refurbished;

-beer garden for breakfast is enjoyable but not open on weekend and whenever there is a drip of rain, very inconvenient in that case; but food and environment is excellent -hotel close to super market and a small local centre area, very convenient for everything, close to subway very easy to travel around

Waste of my money.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel lacks the minimum 5 star amenities that you normally get in a 5 star hotels. No restaurants what so ever except the breakfast room which opens till 10:30AM. Slow response to requests from house keeping. No turn down service. The room get cleaned once a day. Laundry messed up my clothes despite the clear instruction written on the leaflet. They couldn't locate my reservation and had to go back and forth between booking.com and the reception. Both were not helpful at all.

The cafe and breakfast room staff are friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

it was nice

the room is very old

the hotel in a very prime location have a very nice lobby however the furniture is very old and need renovation also it was a construction work from early morning didn't allow me to sleep

Perfect luxury, friendly Staff, metro station too close, nice neighbourhood, comfortable rooms.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nothing to complain about.

The hotel has a wonderful spa. Kids enjoyed the indoor swimming pool. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was remarkable. Hospitality levels were really high. Hotel's German restaurant opposite the spa was perfect. Ambience for kids was great.

Not recommended
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff had attitude and the housekeeping do not clean the room properly. I found a bee when I first checked in my room. The concierge are unhelpful as well. Not recommended.

Staff is very nice especially Akram, and Waleed.
    • Bavarian Double or Twin Room

Parking is too expensive. The longer you keep your car in their garage, the more cost they charge you! No free Wifi in the room. They ask you to take your cloth off in some of the places in the SPA!! which is too weird No hot jacuzzi

Staff is very nice especially Akram, and Waleed. Huge hotel.

Everything in this hotel is under your hand.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

1.I like the brekfast. There's a few kind of smooties what is so cool for me. A lot of kind of fruits. Also guacamole. :) If they have so much of those, you can immagine the other food kinds. Definetly one of the best place with great brekfast! 2. Very comfortable bed. 3. Nice SPA. 4. I order different kind of foods there- from hummos and falafels to Ceasar salad with schrims. The way they cook is the very origin receips, very fresh and professional prepared. I'm a food taste master, and have no complain of it. They are great. 5. My favorite cocktail Russian Mule.. you have to try it. 6. I like that everything in this hotel is "under your hand". 7. Very fast elevators. I hate slow elevators... I found very good energy in this hotel. I'm going there for 7th time. :) There's also biliard in the bar, you can have fun there too.

Old structure, slightly depressing stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very expensive. The WC is in a very awkward position. The room interiors are quite old. The desktop was scratched. The room was very cold when we entered. Only 1.5 rolls of toilet paper.

The breakfast was very good. The building is close to the metro line.

pool was ok but too small
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

paying 20 euro/per day extra for being able to park at the hotel! room was not prepared for 2 persons! tea pot missing, slippers missing bathing suit missing

pool was ok but too small

Nice hotel for business and leisure
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Daily cleaning service of the room was not thorough enough. It seemed that only towels were changed.

Room is convenient, enough space, bathroom is big (includes both shower and bath), there is a kettle and iron facilities. Location is great, close to metro. Staff is very helpful. Elevators are fast. Hotel has nice indoor pool, terrace, gym facilities and good restaurant. Conference hall are big and convenient.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Short of expectations
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

An early check-in was requested and on my arrival the room which was available was given and I was told it had the similar specifications as asked by me. On arrival into the room, found curtains were off there hinges, the trash was still in the dustbin and to my dismay, the lingerie of previous occupant of the room was still hanging behind the bathroom door. In my past 30 years of travelling I have never come across this shoddy room and that too with Grand Westin. Only after mailing the photographs of the room to the hotel manager was the room changed.

Staff were generally courteous and helpful. Breakfast spread was good.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Very good bed, spacious Club room, friendly reception staff
    • Westin Club Room

Decoration is very outdated, it feels like being in the 1990s. Breakfast was just OK. Overall, felt like the hotel had no soul.

Very good bed, spacious Club room, friendly reception staff

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

During my departure my luggage was left with the hotels'...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

During my departure my luggage was left with the hotels' porter at the curb outside of the hotel for about 15-20 minutes. When I arrived at another hotel in Munich I found out that 3 dress shirts were missing.

Rooms are OK
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Busy reception, only 3 persons to serve all, clients have to wait way too long. Receptionists not friendly. Only 1 restaurant and bad ala carte cuisine. Wifi in rooms must be paid additionally.... in 21st century...? Reconstructions and noise half day long..? Westin Munich... good luck.

Rooms are OK

Good value for money hotel a bit outside city center
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

You have to pay for wifi and parking. Big hotel so a bit impersonal

Good professional service even at night when in need! Great breakfast buffet and value for money

Worth every cent
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

great restaurants, very accommodating, friendly and helpful staff. Free wifi is always a plus, taxis always available outside. Small shops downstairs, and car rental shop available as well. concierge were helpful and recommended great places to visit.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Set up for business travelers and conferences and those who steal from mini bars!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

TV selection very poor with over 50% arabic channels which seemed strange as we were in Munich.

After we'd asked for a room with a mini bar we were kindly upgraded to the 15th floor - thank-you. BUT the reason for the problem is apparently that folk were stealing stuff from the mini bars and also emptying them and putting their own food in the fridge - this tells you what type of hotel this is.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Loretta, superstar of the reception desk,beautiful smile, kind genuine, sincere greeting
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Well I wish it were here right now, nothing that I know of in the U.K. Compares at this level, so my didn't like is that it is a pity it's so far away..''tis a little humour...I don't care where it is I am going back

Everything, absolutely everything, nothing too much trouble great hospitality sincere intentions at every level, great room facilities, clean immaculate, well furnished, well laid out, excellent excellent excellent, the breakfast too good...the spa fantastic, clean facilities, naked sauna, as all saunas should be, swimming pool wonderful, hot tub, spa facilities bars lounges hospitality excellent. Am I going to return you bet can't wait.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Pleasant night
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

In the room the furniture is a bit passé. The desk and sofa have seen better days. The pillows were too soft but I must admit I did not had the courage to ring the room service to check whether they had harder ones.

The hotel met our expectations. It is clean and functional. The service is great as I ask the hotel to look for glasses I lost and came back to me one hour later.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Luxury with rip-off wi-fi
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

"Free wi-fi" was not free! In fact, it is really expensive! On querying this, I was told that it is free to Starwood members. Given that I am a member, I was relieved, but alas, this was short lived! I needed to have booked through the club program too in order to qualify!

The hotel has a luxurious feel and rooms are large. Car valet staff is friendly and provided a warm welcome.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Wellness night in hometown
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

that you have to pay for wifi

We booked a couple massage and it was amazing. Also try the Paulander Restaurant, the food is delicious. We had a room on the top floor the view over munich was breathtaking!

Spoil yourself and book a Westin Club room - it is worth it!!!
    • Westin Club Room

The snack food in the Westin Club floor could have been refilled a little bit more often, especially when there were a lot of people up there (but it was nice food).

Extremely comfortable bed and our room had a beautiful view of the city!!! The Westin Club floor was a great place to have a great hot chocolate, cup of coffee or a glass of wine. Breakfast was great. I would definitely recommend booking a Westin Club room, it is definitely worth the money. The check in staff were wonderful and the added touch of giving you beautiful chocolates on check in was very much appreciated!! This is a beautiful hotel.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Service & comfort without charm.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

29 euros for breakfast. High wi-fi charges. Huge steel and glass tower lacking any charm. Used by business people and groups mostly. Hard to fault it but there's nothing exciting. Mini bar in room was empty. Selection of teas etc. Miserable!

Closeness and ease of public transport both u-bahn and tram. Plenty of staff in reception. Size of rooms (floor 12) is good.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Definitely a top pick !
    • Westin Club Room

Easy access by car,walking distance from metro station, 6 stations away from all downtown attractions. Spacious room on 22nd floor with spectacular city view. Very nice,fully equipped spa with indoor pool. Excellent breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

A little disappointing
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room 825: Bed way too soft Rain shower head not working In-room-safe not working Wellness: Steam sauna out of order No hot whirlpool Signs to and within garage poor. Hard to find way back to level U2 (U2 = -1 in elevator!!!) Paulaner: Service friendly but slow

Best breakfast buffet ever! Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

No SECURITY-> theft in HOTEL-> ruiened trip
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Well, we chose to stay at this hotel for its "quality" and being one of the well known hotel names internationally! But the quality is nothing without security. Our handbag was stolen during our stay in the breakfast restaurant (where not every one is allowed to enter except guests) and no one seemed to be interested in finding it or helping us in that situation. I had to wait almost half an hour to report the incident to the manager. There were no enough security cameras there to cover all areas. So I would have rather stayed at some cheaper place with security than having my passport and money stolen from me at a "luxury hotel" with careless staff.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

location alone does not do the job
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

ordered king got a double that needed toiletries. across windows others were looking inward no privacy breakfast although paid were not registered at restaurant for such a property

breakfast and mr Stefan Sigmund at the reception just a helpful great person

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Worse hotel in Munich
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not worth and not even close to international standard, if your travel for business I would suggest business travel hotels that allow early check in. This one claim to have this service but not. The worse hotel in Munich.

Restaurant

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

The staff was Professional and friendly.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Although we set the temperature to it's lowest setting, the room was a little stuffy overnight.

The staff was Professional and friendly. The breakfast assortment was wonderful. All the rooms we booked were spotless and the beds very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Room was no cleaned , food from ex customer stay in the...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room was no cleaned , food from ex customer stay in the fridge,... Old windows in rooms you can hear trafic,wind all night and day... Everything is charged extra : Parking,breakfast,..

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Perfect location, fantastic staff, great rooms, comfortable beds--the Grand had it all!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It was my husband's birthday and we planned a rare getaway without the kids. We arrived early and when I explained the situation we were immediately allowed to check-in early. The staff further surprise us by sending up a birthday cake and doing everything in their power to ensure we had a great time!

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Great hotel and good food.
    • Bavarian Double or Twin Room

Wi-fi could've been better. I would expect much faster and stable connection. I wanted to video stream which was not successful and it was going on and off all the time. I personally didn't have to pay for it, but I imagine if I had to, I would be pretty pissed.

Comfortable and clean room, friendly staff and great food in the Zen restaurant. Also 5 min walk to the metro/bus station. Pub available in the hotel.

• Westin Club Room

The car parking was written that it is free but they charged me €20 a day and I wanted a knife and a plate they said that they will charge me for them but when I first came it was in the room I ate some fruits and they took them and didn't bring them back.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Great conference hotel with excellent bar.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bar bills were a bit high ... but the hotel is a 5 star with excellent service.

Beds are comfy, staff friendly and rooms quiet. The bar is very well stocked and excellent Old Fashioned!

Insane attitude even if you pay 365EUR/night, messy booking
    • Westin Club Room

Due to messy booking process hotel and conference organizers made double booking and hotel did noting to resolve it, and insisted for double payment. Staff is not able to resolve issues and instead are making poker faces and ignoring these. Hotel management, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY of messy booking process and improve! There are many other hotels to choose.

Nothing at all despite the fact that I've stayed in the executive room.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Great hotel but some irritations this time
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

30 Euro/dog per night for dogs over 12 kg Sorry if you clean it does not matter small or large Its totally overrated Luckily we discussed this issue But we have two great danes and that's not fair Small dogs pay nothing I suggest 10 euro per dog/night Spa One Sauna and steam room was out of function

Large room Comfy beds Lovely linens

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Good stay, comfy bed, nice room but beware of hidden charges
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

You have to pay 20EUR per day for parking, which they don't tell you when they take your car to park it - you find out the next day when you ask for the keys.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

RP

BATHROOM , SOME PROBLEMS WITH SHOWER

THE BREAKFAST I LIKE VERY MUCH THEY MUST PUT TROPICAL FRUITS (MANGO, PAPAYA) GOLD KIWI ALSO, MORE VARIETY FRUITS

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Never ever
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I arrived at the hotel Around 7 pm and room was not ready, waited for 1 hour, again room was not ready, I decided than to go out for dinner, came back around 12, room was finally ready but...before getting a proper clean room I had to "pass" trough 2 dirty and not clean rooms, after my complains (for 2 times) I got it. Went to sleep at 2 pm This is absolutely not acceptable from a 5 stars hotel. No excuses, I will never ever stay there again.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Great hotel, especially due to the bad weather
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Wifi was free in the public areas of the hotel but payable in the rooms - this is the first hotel I'd encountered throughout my 6 weeks in Europe where the Wifi was not included in the room cost. Given the expense you pay to stay in a nice hotel, I would think WIFI could be included at little cost to the management.

The hotel was well appointed - as it was raining heavily during my entire stay it was good that the hotel could provide all that you required. The restaurant downstairs was fantastic for dinner.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Good corporate hotel, but comes at a price.
    • Bavarian Double or Twin Room

Paying for wi-fi not good. Paying for parking not good. Mini bar prices very high.

Easy hotel to find from the motorway, good parking below the hotel, check in efficient and friendly. Room was large and very comfortable. Dinner in the pub was good - and breakfast also good.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Lovely hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Location was in the quiet business district of Munich so not a lot of night life. However the public transport was fantastic.

The beds were the most comfortable we have ever slept in.

Browse The Westin Grand Munich traveller photo gallery