Reviews of H+ Hotel Mannheim This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

L 12, 15-16, 68161 Mannheim, Germany

#27 of 45 hotels in Mannheim

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Not recommended!
    • Comfort Single Room

The hotel is very old and has not been refurbished for a long time. There is no airconditioning, also at the hotel restaurant. Breakfast at >25 degrees temperature is not hygenic ... Euro 140/night is definitely too much. The website photos are old and do not reflect the reality ...

The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. Location of the hotel is excellent.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Overall good value for money
    • Comfort Single Room

Summer months they should have sufficient fans for all rooms - they did not have two fans but gave only one whereas we booked two rooms

Overall good value for money

Not worth stay
    • Comfort Double Room

1) the property is very unclean and unhygienic. The taps are not cleaned properly. 2) The carpets are dirty. 3) there is constant noise from the traffic in the night. 4) there are no exhausts in the toilets. 5) air circulation in the room is very bad. 6) breakfast, staff needs to be more efficient. Water served as bottled water at the breakfast is actually tap water. 6) there is no adequate parking place for the hotel and staff is very reluctant to let you know whether there is any free parking spaces available. I would not recommend for a family stay.

The property is located on the main road resulting lot of traffic noise.

We loved Mannheim...the hotel was a bonus
    • Comfort Double Room

The hotel bar was expensive

The rooms were cleaned daily. The staff were lovely and could not do enough for you. It was really hot when we stayed and I requested a fan ay=t the reception, it was in our room switched on when we returned from our day out!! Breakfast was great loads of choice.

good location when you travel by train
    • Comfort Double Room

The room was rather hot. The curtains were not easily moved away and the curtains were not too clean. The overall cleanliness status was dusty and worn.

The breakfast is good.

Close to the shopping area
    • Comfort Double Room

We had to book 2 double rooms for a family of four as there were no family rooms available. When we arrived at the hotel we were given two rooms one being much bigger than the other with a large sofa bed. When I asked if we could all stay in the large room the reception said that was not possible for fire safety reasons.... They couldn’t explain why there is a sofa bed in the room if it can’t be used.

Spacious rooms

Good location. Good room except toilet.
    • Comfort Single Room

Toilet pan too low - too uncomfortable for knees to raise. It needs slightly higher.

Room alright and very clean. Staff very friendly. Good location. Good breakfast.

Basic hotel, good location.

The rooms are old and outdated. It can be improved. The breakfast was not the best.

Hotel had a great location and was within walking distance to the Congress Center. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

Cleanliness was perfect.
    • Comfort Double Room

The refridgerator in my room didn't work. When I adressed the reception stafg, they didn't know what to do about it.

Cleanliness was perfect. The location could not be better. Good and comfortable beds.

A great stay, thanks to all the staff and yummy breakfast

Pillows were a bit flat, but that's a personal thing I guess

Booked a superior room for two adults and a four year old which was perfect with a large double bed and double sofa bed. Very friendly staff, close to the train and bus stations, small supermarket nearby. Clean and comfy, good shower and we had the breakfast which exceeded expectations, a large variety of yummy stuff that set us up for the day.

I was nice and comfortable stay for me and it is very near...
    • Superior Single Room

I was nice and comfortable stay for me and it is very near to Mannheim mail rail station. It would be good if they already provide a Iron and Iron board in room for long stay.

good location and good breakfast
    • Comfort Single Room

Rooms on street side can be a bit noisy.

Perfectly fine hotel, mostly in use by business people. Very close to station and right on the edge of the Kwadrat, so everything in Mannheim is within easy reach. Good breakfast. Good coffee, too. Very friendly personnel.

Just decent.
    • Special Offer - Stay 2 & save - Comfort Single Room

No extra pillow --really!-- because "we are full" (???). Room was scolding hot upon arrival, had to turn heating off and open the windows, and because I was facing the street, the room filled with noise...

Excellent location, next to the train station. Clean facilities. Friendly staff. Decent breakfast.

good hotel, good price

-Internet - it was free but actually there was no internet, not in the room, not in the breakfast hall, not in the lobby. -no restaurant in the hotel. We couldn't find open restaurant serving german/european food close by. That was big disappointment for us

Hotel is close to the central station and centre. It was quiet, breakfast was good, rooms are very cosy, bed comfortable, towels, toiletries, hairdryer,etc - everyrhing you need. Complimentary water in the room - much appreciated! Good hotel for a good price

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Close to the train station. Clean and Comfortable.
    • Comfort Single Room

The room I was in was a little old, but clean and comfortable. I couldn't figure out the heating and was cold throughout the night (but, I should have called the front desk to ask for help. mea culpa)

Friendly and helpful staff. Very close to the main train station. Basic, but clean and comfortable.

This hotel was 1.
    • Comfort Double Room

Parking of course. The hotel site did advertise limited parking, it is just not what I expected. Thank goodness we took my husband's mini cooper. If we had taken my mid-size sedan, we would have had trouble fitting into the parking spaces. Be aware that if your car has a limited turning radius (like many American made cars) you will certainly have difficulty with parking. Actually, if you stay here and do have an American car, I recommend parking at the Hbf parking garage (I haven't been in that garage, but I'm sure it's better than this one)

This hotel was 1. Very clean, 2. Very convenient location, 3. Decent breakfast and 4. Polite staff. I was in this hotel for only one night - and it was perfect for that night. I especially liked the shower - plenty of room and enough towels!

first and last time to me..
    • Comfort Double Room

interiors : walls seems to be old and gummy [wallpapers torn], parking facility is not available and receptionist claimed all spaces are full. suggested me to park somewhere in hbf even when i have a disabled person with me.

nothing excited me--

Just ok for a night
    • Comfort Double Room

consistent noise from drunks down on the street. they should try to tackle that with help of police. carpet in room did look old and used. no safe for valuables in room.

breakfast. short walk to train. friendly staff.

Good value for money; strongly recommended.
    • Special Offer - Stay 2 & save - Comfort Double Room

Shapeless pillows and shabby corridor (4 th floor) undergoing renovation, but no work was visible; smokers congregating outside The front door of The hotel.

Excellent location in relatīon to the Hbf and the opera house. Very comfortable tram-ride of 30 minutes to Heidelberg.

Clean hotel in central location with some disadvantages
    • Comfort Single Room

First of all the hotel is next to a road with heavy traffic,all of the rooms are noisy.There is no air condition,the upper rooms are really hot. In my colleauge's room there was a bad canal smell. However we informed the hotel that we need parking no one had informed us that it is not possible to reserve and at the time of arrival there is no available car park. We realised upon check-in that we have to park on the street. We left the hotel one day earlier due to a plan change and as the reservation was non-refundable we had to contact the central reservation to ask for any deduction. They were not to cooperative and flexible as we asked to use the last night fee two weeks later when we had to return for work purposes. Finally we got 10% deduction but not any mood to return. Upon check-out we realised that central reservation or sales department hasn't informed the reception about the deduction so we had to pay the whole stay,however after our departure they fixed as discussed. We have to return to Mannheim but definitely not to this hotel.

It is a clean hotel with good breakfast to start the day. Wifi is good.

value for money stay in city center with no thrill at all
    • Comfort Double Room

Hotel offered only limited parking space and was pretty outdated. Staff not very service oriented (e.g. receptionist stood outside smoking and shouted at us to "throw your keys behind the counter"; felt like a cheap hostel approach).

Overall a value for money hotel in the city center of Mannheim. Breakfast was not overwhelming but good quality and enough choice.

A very pleasant break enabling the nearby countryside and local wines to be sampled.
    • Special Offer - Stay 2 & save - Comfort Double Room

Rooms at the front of the hotel can get noise from the road outside but the back is very much quieter.

Very close to both the railway station and the majority of the tram services. Many shops and restaurants are within easy walking distance.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Nothing there to like
    • Comfort Double Room

Room very hot ,They have no AC in the fridge is broken , stuff unfriendly specially who works in the reception they have very bad attitude , I put 2 1/2 euro for small bottle of water and it didn't come out so I ask him he open the machine and gave me three I told him to put two on my bills and the one I paid for it's done , when I got my bill they put three so I tried to explain to the guy that I paid for one you gave me attitude he told me or you seen my colleague is a liar With a bad attitude I do not recommend anyone to book lthere

Nothing there to like

pro staff, easy location close to station and a few nice...
    • Special Offer - Stay 2 & save - Comfort Double Room

- temperature in room (mainly because of exceptional weather conditions) - night staff not speaking english

pro staff, easy location close to station and a few nice restaurants

Easy to get to, but then you want out!
    • Comfort Double Room

It's noisy since the hotel is located on a major street. The hotel needs renovation badly - musty bathroom smell, new furniture needed, new carpeting needed, the hotel is generally dirty looking despite efforts of the staff.

Location of the property is nice since it's close to the train station. Front desk staff was very good.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Only
    • Comfort Double Room

While I checked in the front desk man tried to sell me another room for another price, 10 euro more expensive. I did not accept and he gave me the key for the right room. Mannheim had a cold night and the heating in the room was barely comfortable. Next day, during the morning shower, I realized that there was no shampoo in the recipient attached at the wall and I had to use the little amount of body gel which last in the other recipient. And while checking out I was told I had already paid for the room - almost 200 euro per night, for a hotel which would not deserve more than 90 euro/night, in my opinion.

The room was on the 5th floor to the main road but it was silent even so. Clean, comfortable, silent and spacious. The bathroom also very good. The hotel is 150m from the main train station and a 10 min (fast) walk to downtown.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

I and my partner are not happy that we had chose this hotel. Not to much info and it''s all old !
    • Comfort Double Room

renovate the rooms! certainly the bathroom that continually was smelly!

Nothing ! Room was old , lift doesn't work ! we had our room on 4th floor !

large choice at breakfast buffet.
    • Special Offer - Stay 2 & save - Comfort Double Room

The wifi reception in my room (5th floor) was very poor. As the room was facing the main street, sleeping with an open window was almost impossible due to the noise.

large choice at breakfast buffet. staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Most likely will be coming back.
    • Comfort Double Room

Although the rooms were non smoking all the hallways smelled of smoke and next to the entrance was the smokers corner. 😕

The location was perfect for me. Close to the station and walking distance to the shopping streets. 😃

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Decent place, needs work
    • Comfort Double Room

Room was a bit run down, needing renovation. The elevator was broken the entire time I was a guest. 4th floor (German 5th) walk-up with health issues was not pleasant. Window opened to the street and was loud, but once shut, it was too hot.

The staff was the first 2 nights was great. Room was clean.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The rooms were small and dark A 3 star hotel should have atleast an electric kettle and tea/coffee sachets. The hotel was noisy as it was just on the road. One could hear Cars honking, road construction, ambulance sirens etc etc. Not comfortable for sleeping.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

No more time nie wieder
    • Comfort Double Room

Price, to expensive 3 nights more than 500!euros Old Little room Very loud and noisy smell outflow pipeline from bathroom all room was stinking

Staff was very friendly

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

A little Hotel, and a Little dated...
    • Comfort Double Room

Apart from the location, the staff and the cleanliness, there's simply nothing about the hotel that's great. The rooms are small, the bathrooms are small, the towels are small, the lift is small. The breakfast room is small and you eat on small tables with small plates. Even the cups on the table aren't big enough for the coffee dispensed from the coffee machine. Even the car park was small and very tricky to get in and out of without any damage. Finally the very small stuff in this hotel really needs updating. This is probably the worst Ramada hotel I've ever stayed in

The location of the hotel is great, especially if you're travelling by rail.... The staff are great too considering the hotel they have to work in...

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

The breakfast was very good with plenty of alternatives.
    • Comfort Single Room

Lack of minibar, and no restaurant/bar in hotel.

The breakfast was very good with plenty of alternatives.

good location, friendly reception, good wifi, breakfast OK,...
    • Comfort Double Room

good location, friendly reception, good wifi, breakfast OK, clean room, LIKE THIS HOTEL

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Not bad

Sometimes WiFi is not stable

Reception speaks fluent English and room is comfortable

Hot outside, hot inside!!
    • Comfort Single Room

It was very warm in the room, without air conditioning, and without a fan. I do not recommend when it's hot outside.

Good breakfast

Thankfully it was a short stay!! Close to the Mannheim HBF station
    • Comfort Double Room

They have no AC and it was very hot in our room. Not even a fan available?

Great breakfast!

Great!
    • Comfort Double Room

- size of the room - breakfast

Ok

No a/c in the room

Location Stuff was friendly

clean, location and quiet

wifi was quite bad

clean, location and quiet

Very close to train station.
    • Comfort Double Room

There was no air conditioning.

Very close to train station. Rooms are clean and spacious.

A 1990s feeling
    • Superior Single Room

The 1990s feeling

A 1990s feeling

I will not comeback here in the next time.
    • Comfort Double Room

The wifi is very low, almost was not connected. The breakfast is very poor

H+ gives what it promises with a nice staff.
    • Comfort Double Room

Although didn't affect me, however noise level from the street might be an issue.

Superb breakfast with many attractive options.

Great location and central to downtown. All staff very helpful and best buffet breakfast yet!
    • Comfort Double Room

Just a little dated in the decor

Location and the breakfast

Only 10 spots available for parking within hotel facility

Only 10 spots available for parking within hotel facility

Location is in the city and very good breakfast.
    • Comfort Double Room

Location is in the city and very good breakfast.

24-hours reception.

Bad parking

24-hours reception.

All in all, passable.
    • Comfort Single Room

Just one pillow on the bed. No soap bar. Breakfast with no variety.

The location was very good,

The location was very good,

no mini bar in the room

no mini bar in the room

It was GOOD! the staffs are all accommodating.
    • Comfort Double Room

Do not have enough parking for the guests

Breakfast was awesome!!!

Free breakfast

Free breakfast

Loaction
    • Comfort Single Room

old facilities seriously need a refresher

Loaction

nothing to declare

The Hotel was amazing and the breakfast was lovely

Hospitality and breakfast was great.
    • Comfort Double Room

Hospitality and breakfast was great.

Very comfortable hotel, good location and excellent breakfast

Breakfast was excellent

Bad smell in the bathroom.
    • Comfort Double Room

Bad smell in the bathroom.

Okay for money, great breakfast

No air conditioning or fan! Paid parking!! Difficult to find

The staff especially receptionist named Melissa

Proximity

No AC

Proximity

Overnight hotel
    • Comfort Double Room

Not being offered reasonable parking

Overnight hotel served its purpose

Air conditioning in the room was not available;
    • Comfort Double Room

Air conditioning in the room was not available; ventilation at bathroom was poor, humidity remained for some time.

The friendliness of the staff.
    • Comfort Double Room

The friendliness of the staff. Very close to the train station.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Very convenient and close to the main train station.
    • Comfort Double Room

Window frame was damaged and coming off.

Very convenient and close to the main train station.

Location & breakfast
    • Comfort Double Room

Bit loud room at the street side, elevator out of order due to renovations.

Location & breakfast

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

If you do not need a car then stay here. It is very well locatlocated.
    • Special Offer - Stay 2 & save - Comfort Double Room

The parking is 10 spots under the hotel and there is no spot to unload in front of the entry.

Nicoletta was very helpful and spoke English well.

That the bed had 2 different mattracess and I had to sleep in the middle :(

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Breakfast is good

Elevator was not working

Breakfast is good

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

i really enjoy my stay the location was very good
    • Special Offer - Stay 2 & save - Comfort Double Room

the breakfast was very good

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Parking only for small cars.
    • Comfort Single Room

Parking only for small cars. Pretty noisy and busy road beside the location.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

The personnel was very kind and helpful.
    • Comfort Double Room

The personnel was very kind and helpful. The room was neatly furnished. Its location is very good.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016