Reviews of Holiday Inn Düsseldorf Hafen 4 stars

Volmerswerther Str. 35, 40221 Düsseldorf, Germany

#85 of 197 hotels in Düsseldorf

View but this is due to location. A pool would have been a bonus.

The breakfasts were excellent and the brassiere excellent too - service also very good. Excellent rail and tram links on doorstep.

• Courtyard King Room

Give the guest the option of slecting the type of drinking water he prefers most, normal mineral or the sparking bottle.

Quietness, staff professional treatment , availability of service.

Our room faced a street with trams. It was very hot in the room, the air conditioner didnt help at all and we couldn't open window because of tram noises. It was impossible to sleep.

• Standard Twin or Double Room

Unable to use my Maesteo card to pay. Room was far too warm to be comfortable.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Hotel was modern and very clean. Rooms are a great size.

• Courtyard King Room

The shower door was broken. I do not really mind, yet I would like to have olives on the breakfast menu.

It was quite satisfactory. As well as the service given by the hotel is extremely good, the location of the hotel is also perfect. If you take a little tour around the hotel you will find a quiet neighborhood where you can walk or run, green and peaceful parks where you can sit for hours, the small cafes between the streets, on the other side you will find a busy street which has a wide range of restaurants, markets and shops. It's right next to the train stop. Finally, only a 15 minute walk to the river which is the center of the fun.

• Standard Twin or Double Room

The room could have been cleaner, and I didn't find options to have dinner late.

The bed was extremly comfortable and the location is good. Great place to stay!

• Standard Twin or Double Room

It was much too warm in the room and we could not cool it down without the airco (which makes some noise and produces cold but also very dry air. Opening the window helped but not during the night due to the noisy street

Location was excellent for our puspose. Having 2 separate beds in one room as we are both tall and don't really fit in the standard double bed

• Standard Twin or Double Room

I have stayed at holiday inns around the world and this one did not meet my expectations at all. I arrived at around midnight and was looking for a good night sleep as I had travelled from England by car. The guy at reception told me he had apparently upgraded my room? So I thort great but all I need is a comfy bed. When I got to the room it was not newly refurbished as I found out later when my rooms got changed but anyway all I need was a good night sleep. He also forgot to mention that the room did not have any Air Conditioning working as there was a fault. So when I did try to sleep I couldn’t sleep because the temperature of the room was similar to a sauna. The next morning I had told the receptionist that the AC was not working and she said she will get and engineer out to the room but it hasn’t been working for a while. When I come back later I was offered a room change. When I went to this room it had the exact same problem and I realised that I hadn’t been upgraded to a nicer room. Then they moved me to a basement room which was a lot cooler but right next to the car park so I would hear car engines at night and in the morning. So I had no sleep for 2 nights. I had enough packed my bags and cut my stay short at the hotel to move to another.

Wasn’t much to like at this holiday inn except for the really big TV.

Room was at the front of the hotel and was quite noisy at night between the tram going past and people outside the hotel talking when you've got the window open. No noise if the windows were closed though

Good location, a nice walk into city centre seconds from local train that goes straight to airport. Tram stop right outside. Staff were friendly, and the rooms were nice and clean.

• Standard Twin or Double Room

Room was very hot, and the street noise outside meant it was hard to leave the window open. Restaurant was awkwardly empty. Drinks are very expensive (3 euros for 0.2l of Coke and the same for water).

Comfortable, clean, friendly reception staff.

• Standard Twin or Double Room

When I arrived after a long flight I was hoping to get an early night when I heard some loud pounding (I wasn't sure where it came from - above/below my room). I phoned reception to report the noise and ask them to assist. The noise persisted and again I phoned reception. A friendly porter then arrived at my room and explained it was the Chef making schnitzels and that the noise would be stopped. I wondered why the chef was not doing this during the day instead of the evening. When the noise persisted I again phoned reception and that is when I was confronted with the only rude member of staff that I encountered during my entire stay (when I explained to her that the noise was persisting and that if it was going to continue she would need to reallocate a less noisy room to me). Other than that one unpleasant experience - the rest of the experience was exemplary.

I like the proximity to the station and was well positioned for walking to other parts of the city. They had great little touches like snacks & Mars bars in the reception area for when you arrive later in the day. The rooms were well sized by European standards and most of the staff (bar one) were helpful, accommodating and friendly. When I asked about train times - they (the reception staff)would go the extra mile and print out maps & schedules for me (way beyond what was required). The rooms were cleaned well every day.

• Standard Twin or Double Room

Upon arrival an extra charge of €150 was placed on my card for the 3 nights we were staying which gave me an initial fright but this was just a deposit in case we broke anything or ordered room service and I was not charged this upon checking out. The room was a little bit too warm and I couldn't see any way of adjusting the temperature other than opening windows but because a train stop was right behind the hotel, it could get quite noisy.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and more than willing to help with any requests such as printing out tickets and holding our luggage for us after check out to allow us to explore the city before our evening flight. The location was great as the train to the airport was behind the hotel and a tram stop was just across the road to take us into alstadt.

• Standard Twin or Double Room

Big downside was that it was very noisy. I opted out for a quiet room while making the reservation. But we got a room facing the main road. Which turned out to be very noisy in the night and especially early in the morning. For this reason I would not go here again.

The room was very nice and spacious and the beds were comfortable.

Lack of TV ( no service) and some mini maintenance issues in room.

Staff 10/10. Couldn’t be more helpful or accommodating. Excellent food in Brasserie.

Street noise was a bit surprise buy closed window stopped most of it.

Modern, nice, clean and affordable hotel close to Dusseldorf harbour. Great value for money!

• Standard Twin or Double Room

The parking situation was terrible though.Make sure you go into the correct entrance as it is hard to get out. Also when you put in your coin to leave, make a turn to the right to get a better angle at the ramp.Otherwise you activate the closing arm,have to back up,the arm goes down and you have to go upstairs to get another coin. It also happened to the person behind us.

This was by far the best Holiday Inn I have ever stayed in!Everything was first class all the way.100% clean with a modern look to it.The price was so inexpensive, we thought there was a mistake.In the US it would have been three or four times the price.Staff was so friendly and caring.Worth every penny. A large sealed bottle of sparkling water and two glasses are waiting for you as you enter your room too.

The WiFi didn't work and during my 24 hr stay wasn't fixed and very unclear when it would be. Kept on promising that would be up and running soon. For a business trip / price not acceptable

Very high service level, friendly and very clean

• Standard Twin or Double Room

Wi-Fi is awful, if you want to do a job with using internet you will be in a trouble.doesn't work good

Clean, near center, polite people works there

• Courtyard King Room

Parking fee 15EUR is not mentioned on the internet (maybe it’s my fault not see it in advance).

Break is so good, you have a lot of choice of warm and cold dishes.

Window sound isolation is a bit below standard. Room was very hot, so opened the window, but even more noise from the busy street next to the hotel. You do get free earplugs though :)

Comfortable beds, nice staff, easy parking

Room was super noisy facing the road, room had no soundproof. With tram and cars passing through all night, it was very hard to sleep. Room was very small, shower is extremely narrow to fit in, definitely not worth the money paid for this room. Do not want to go back and definitely not recommending it to anyone else who wishes to have a good sleep and quiet room.

Nice staff

• Standard Twin or Double Room

Unfriendly welcome during breakfast. Upon arriving we were asked to pay immediately for breakfast or "sort it out with the reception". Not really the "good morning" you expect.

Good location (2km from downtown Dusseldorf). Very good breakfast, spacious rooms. Friendly staff (with 1 exception).

• Standard Twin or Double Room

Breakfast at hotel is expensive

Smooth check in process. Wel connected to public transport and center (10 mins) . Have stayed here earlier as well. Neighborhood has good restaurants and cafes. Nice spacious room, good staff

• Standard Twin or Double Room

Travelling from the UK, we weren’t told that the hotel was in the low emission zone. Luckily we weren’t stopped and only drive in and out once. But the pre warning would have been helpful

Rooms were extremely comfortable and clean. Staff very helpful and friendly. Had both breakfast and dinner - food was extremely good quality and fairly priced.

• Standard Twin or Double Room

Extremely busy in the Christmas markets and people begging while eating outside in a restaurant ☹️

Lovely comfortable bed and pillows. Right by a tram stop and only a short journey into town. Lovely Christmas market! Plenty of glüh wein and curry wurst 😊

• Standard Twin or Double Room

Everything was amazing except for the breakfast that falls behind. The bread is very hard to chew and the coffee not so good either. But considering the price and there is no cafe nearby we think that’s fine.

Very nice staff, clean and comfortable rooms, close to public transport (only 80m)

• Courtyard King Room

Price/value The price per night for this hotel was incredibly high, way to high for the standard, the hotel itself is dated and 3booking.com stars max.

-Bed was a double but was too small for two people. -The whole hotel is too hot. The heating is too high. It is so hot in room you have to sleep with window open. -The hotel is located right near the train line and you can hear the trains all night long even if the window is shut

• Standard Twin or Double Room

Cleaning ladies was knocking on the doors each morning and without the answer was going in and I was naked at the time so it's very disturbing. Soundproof is poor and it's super hot in the room even when the conditioner is on.

Was very clean, area were very nice and everything (shop, places to eat etc.) 5 minutes by foot to each direction.

19 Euro for breakfast is way over the top, this problem is not unique to this hotel but across the whole industry. Shower was a bit small, not recommended if you're a bit bigger than average i.e. bodybuilders and tall people will have an issue. The bed was too soft for my liking (but that's personal preference)

Room was clean, rooms were a good size. Tram right outside the hotel.

• Standard Twin or Double Room

Found the shower a little too small, but it wasn’t a major issue.

Comfy beds, good location next to a train station and tram stop leading into the city centre, rooms clean with good facilities, staff spoke very good English, easy check in and check out.

• Standard Twin or Double Room

I didn’t like the selection of the restaurant/room service, but there were many restaurants and food stores near the hotel.

Good transport access — 709 was at their doorstep and 706 a few minutes away, so it was easy to get to the other parts of the city. Really great value for money. My partner and I were happily surprised when we entered our room, as it was spacious and super clean. Bathroom was also A+ in terms of space and cleanliness. The bed was comfortable, and we were expecting a double bed but got a king instead.

• Standard Twin or Double Room

They sill never tell you that the underground parking is paid, and at the end to exit the parking you will need a special coin and they will ask for 15 euros for that They are misleading as they dont tell it before.

• Standard Twin or Double Room

My only criticism would be,and it was not an issue for me in any way was that in the vast channel selection on the tv there could have been a few more english speaking channels,also again not a huge thing but there was no milk in the room for a coffee or tea,a call was made and milk was supplied from the restaurant free of charge but i think milk in the room would have been better

The room was amazing,clean and very modern,comfortable and welcoming,loved the idea of the huge bed being on a second floor

• Standard Twin or Double Room

Food , had dinner twice at the restaurant & was excellent. Access to Hotel, there is an S bahn next to Hotel with direct connection from main station & Airport. Tram stops on doorway .

- air-conditioning a little bit too loud - lifts are tiny. Even our dog seemed to be surprised with a size - parking is not the cheapest one

- excellent value for money - very clean - standard but still a very nice interior

• Standard Twin or Double Room

Staff did not know any restaurant recommendation except for main touristy hotspots and restaurant chains, which we were not interested in

Newly renovated, good value for money, easy access to public transport, clean, nice rooms, friendly staff, ironing board already in room, free WiFi

Such a shame to holiday inn reputation! They didnt tell us that the hotel was renovating.. you can imagine the noises, and the workers were standing infront of our windows .. it wasnt safe some lady barged in to our room! Once we came back to hotel we found our room door OPEN after house keeping!!! They charged us for the parking, no bell boy, and the staff were no help at all! It was our first time in germany and im guessing the last!! Horrrible horibbble

NOTHING

• Standard Twin or Double Room

No one stand on the omelette's station at breakfast :(

Room is clean and comfortable. Breakfast was nice and lots of choices. I like the pillows since I got problem with German's flat pillows.

• Standard Twin or Double Room

Location isn't prime for tourist unless you mind a walk. Menu was very expensive unless you ordered off of room service which was not made clear that was possible

Staff were very friendly, bed was great. Air con! Nice quiet location

• Standard Twin or Double Room

There was construction working going on but it was okay

I liked everything the location the property everything was amazing The front desk was very helpful especially Sara

• Standard Twin or Double Room

Evening reception staff rude and unhelpful, bar closed very early

Location not bad, walk to the Aldstadt is sbout 30 mins and to the bars on the river only about 15 mins

• Courtyard King Room

Beds are little too extra comfy. It gave me back pain of sort. Staff did not give me initially the vanity kit even after 2-3 reminders.

Variety of Pillow to chose from, I use Hard pillow and got it.

• Standard Twin or Double Room

Breakfast was a bit too pricy for the range on display

The room felt clean all the time! The housekeeping staff are second to none! The receptionist she are helpful and very polite.

• Courtyard Double Room

The quest area downstairs is the bar no comfy sofas or chairs to lounge in. Bed was very small for two adults, we are used to king sized bed

Room was very small for a couple bed very small

• Standard Twin or Double Room

The price of breakfast. €20 is way too much for breakfast, this should be around €10 is my guess. And paying for parking should be included.

The room and bed were comfy, the hotel looks nice, modern and quality.

• Standard Twin or Double Room

should be more understandable. while I do understand check in start at 03.00 pm, sometime needs to be flexible. with 01 child under 12 with the temperature at 1 degree and coming from a tropical country. we have no where to go we have to troll along the lake until we could find something to eat and drink. there is no proper sitting area at least to relax.

the room is clean on a daily basis. spacious.

• Courtyard King Room

staff is good and supportive

When I came back in the evening from office; my door was unable to open and it was locked....safety system of doors is too complicated and du to which I need to wait until repairing of door lock for 3 hours...atlast one person came and he opened door by using drill machine...and next day I was shifted to another room.

• Standard Twin or Double Room

The fridge was not cooling properly. Parking in the neighbor hood of the hotel is not easy

It is a decent hotel, and price-performance ratio is good. Staff is friendly, and the room is comfortable.

• Standard Twin or Double Room

parking fee is a little bit pricey

spacious room hallway, I didn't expect it but yes the room was spacious, you'll have enough space to store your luggage. This hotel is complete, they have cupboard, safe, iron and the board, non-slip mat, electric kettle, coffee and tea, a fridge, and soft and hard pillows. And all of that for a really good price I got from booking.com

• Standard Twin or Double Room

At least breakfast shuld be included in this price...apart from it...everthing was ok

Very comfortable....Mrs Nathasha at the reception was exellent a real proffesional....amazing@

• Standard Twin or Double Room

We struggle to find hotel from main train station. Shuttel will be good.

The accomodation was good, friendly and helpfull people. Did'nt have breaksfast.

• Standard Twin or Double Room

Showers are a little small.

Large beds and clean room. Friendly staff. Hotel has their own parking space but it is charged. 20 mins walk to the city center, beautiful location.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• Courtyard Double Room

Bed very soft. No shower door in the shower! So water goes out to the wooden floor and has no place to go. Breakfast a bit expensive. 20euros. But you can always skip.

Very close to Tram and Train station going directly to Cologne. Very helpfull staff. Quiet rooms. Good restaurant.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Had booked twin rooms but was given double. They added an extra bed however was not to comfortable.

Great location and a super breakfast to set you up for the day!

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

The double bed was rather small (1m40). Shower was also very small (not suitable for 2 people) TV was old, so no HDMI port to plug in a Chromecast to watch a movie You could hear the traffic from the road

Good supplies (shower gel, dental kit, ...) Clean room Parking is only 7 per night or 15 EUR per day Allowed to check in a little bit early

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Shower has no door, which resulted with the lake of water on the bathroom floor every time after showering. Makes showering extra uncomfortable and annoying because you can't relax 100%. Coffee in the room was either bad quality (very weak) or the machine does not work properly.

Bed was comfortable and very big! Hotel is just a few steps away from the public transportation. Very clean and spacious room.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Minor morning renovation noises were irritating

Excellent bedding. Comfortable, quiet rooms. One of the most spotless hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. Excellent value for money - 15m tram to city centre

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Front desk ataff. The clerk was cluelesss and the mgr very gruff. The toilet didnt wirk consistently. I heard the same complaint from other guests. You have to get on your hands and knees to adjust the heat regulator on the radiator. No wall thermostat. And heat did not work consistently.

Breakfast The server covering both the bar and restaurant in the evening was outstandibg. Very courteous and hard working.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Towels need to be a wee bit bigger and as it rained for the three days we were there, it was a bit of a pain getting across the 70m from the annex we were in to the main hotel through two security doors.

Staff excellent. Nice spacious room.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

One amazing hotel near to the old town! the rooms are very beautiful, new renovated and modern! everything is very clean and the staff very helpful and friendly! well done to all of you!!!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

The room was noisy and when tried to address with staff they never understood English very well. Our taxi was late the hotel booked and we missed our flight home. We got over charged for drink after the bar man said it was complimentary.

We had a double room reserved and since it was only for a short night stay decided that our kid stays with us using the existing bed as also mentioned on website that it should have been suitable upto age of 12!! However bed was so small it could hardly fit 2 adults!! more strange that staff so us checking-in with a 9 year old! still the room they chose was tiniest! we were planing to use fitness but they were closed at 9 pm ! and the day after open from 12-17 !! basically no use! Our stay was a bit disappointing comparing to our experiences at Mecures.

Breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Great location being only 15 minutes to the Messe, 10 minutes from the Altstadt and 5 to Hafen which is a gem of a place for superb restaurants and bars

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Overpriced breakfast. There is no door in the shower area. Bathroom is easily flooded. The exit from the parking place is too tight. Wifi signal was weak.

Nice room, spacious, clean. Comfortable bed. Nice location. Easily access to public transport. The staff is friendly.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Very pricey breakfast.

Very comfortable and spacious room, with airconditiong and big beds. Parking right underneath the hotel. Vibrant upcoming neighbourhood, with lots of things happening and not too expensive.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Very small bath room, breakfast was expansive even for child

Helpful staff, they gave us two rooms next to each other and when one of the rooms was hot, they changed for us as soon as possible. The reception staff helped us to carry the bags when we arrived

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Maisonette Suite

Free parking would be great

very friendly and helpful staff, comfortable bed, very clean and helpful maid service, good atmosphere in general and also great that young kids eat for free!

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

Overpriced during the Drupa -exhibition.

Friendly staff and clean rooms with good bed. Lot of variety in breakfast. 200 meters to local train station and less than 10 minutes to Bahnhof.

Best place to be

Basic, cold rooms,

Venue close to the harbour

• Standard Twin or Double Room

The option for bed types were not available

Lift

Easy accessible public transport with in walking distance

Not easy to find the hotel

Really good restaurant

Clean great location friendly staff

Browse Holiday Inn Düsseldorf Hafen traveller photo gallery