Reviews of ibis Hotel Hamburg Airport This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Alsterkrugchaussee 445, Fuhlsbüttel, 22335 Hamburg, Germany

#159 of 323 hotels in Hamburg

Would have been good to have an airport shuttle available.Walk is about 15-20 minutes and having to pay 10 euro for less than a kilometer distance is a bit much.Walking will not suit everyone.

Good staff.Very quiet environment to get some work done.Food was pretty good,bit of variety and breakfast was quiet nice with a decent choice.

Nothing in particular

In easy walking distance from the Airport. Perfect for out late night flight in from the UK before heading off the Hamburg refreshed the next morning.

I stayed in Ibis for 4 days. When I was in a hurry and did not find two memorable necklaces. I complain it to the staffs on duty at night of June 2 and in the morning of June 3. Both staffs recorded my statement and carefully looked through the entry room record. Now I just returned to Sweden, checked all my bags again and found that the necklaces. I feel apologetic for my mistake, and appreciate for your serious and friendly work attitude!

The food menu was a bit limited. The price was rather expensive for the amenities provided

The staff were friendly and very helpful. The proximity to the airport was excellent and the early morning breakfast very good

We only stayed one night at the Hamburg Airport Ibis but everything about it was perfect for a short stay. We arrived at 10pm, check-in was quick and friendly. Their kitchen shuts at 10pm but they very kindly made us some food as we'd been travelling for so long, it was delicious! They even provided free popcorn. We were silly enough to leave behind our UK plug adaptors but the staff were very kind and lent us two for the evening. The room itself was basic but comfortable. The bed we nice and soft and there was a wardrobe to hang our formal clothes, all that we needed to be happy! In the morning we got to the kitchen as breakfast was finishing but they offered us a half price breakfast with access to everything they had left. We took great advantage of the waffle machine, so good! The walk to the airport was around 10 mins which was fine given we only had hand luggage, people with heavy cases may struggle.

No info given as to transport from the hotel. Too near for taxis and the same number bus going in both directions at the same stop recipe for disaster.

Friendly helpful staff.

The rooms are not comfort at all. I would say it is only two star hotel. The food's prices are too high in terms of the quality thereof, specially the breakfast and the mental water, which is too poor. For example, they sell a bottle of water for EUR 3.5 despite the fact that you can get the best brand from the fuel station that is close to the hotel for less than one euro. The staff act nice; but this is not the true. For example, I was in Hamburg for medical purpose and had an urgent situation as I realized that I had a large tumor that is close to the brainstem and I have been requested to go for an immediate brain surgery and I needed to urgently extract some pictures from a CD and send these pictures to some doctors and it was almost 8pm (i.e. all stores outside the hotel were closed) I explained this critical situation to one of the staff and she told me explicitly "whatever we don't care" and "we do not have any idea for you". Other than the above, there is no noises prevention between the rooms. You can easily hear anything at the room that is next too you even the bathroom's door. The last two days at the hotel, the room services entered the room while I am sleeping and they asked me to wake up to clean the room!!!! This if the first time for me EVER to face such a miserable situation. For me, it was a big mistake to stay at this hotel; but it will never ever happen again.

The location is good as it is close to the airport and several other important areas.

The only 2 things I wish Ibis would sort are that there was only 1 plug socket in the room, other than the one with the TV plugged in, which made charging electronics difficult and, why oh why do they insist on not putting a kettle in the room?????

Property was well maintained and the facilities excellent. The staff were very helpful, and the meals (dinner and breakfast) in the on site restaurant were well worth the visit!

No kettle or safe in room

Excellent value for money Good selection and quality at breakfast Ten minute walk from airport Garage next door with shop Left luggage at hotel as late flight Friendly and helpful staff

Unfortunately the day of expected arrival was 1 March but due to snowy weather the flight from UK was cancelled. As I had taken the option to pay on arrival my booking was cancelled even through I was promised initially that it would be just shortened to a 2 night stay. Wouldhave liked more variety on early breakfast - surely cereals wouldnt be a lot of trouble?

Plenty of availablilty and English speaking staff on the phone so I did get rebooked for 2-4 March. Checked in about 10pm, (no distance from the airport so if you know where you are going you could walk it but an 18kg suitcase and minus 9c wasnt appealing). Quiet so not disturbed by planes, although I was up and about very early for breakfast around 4:45 Saturday. After being out at an event until mid-afternoon came back for a nap and then down the road for a visit to the shops and Burgerking, (there maybe a restaurant at the hotel but a bit trendy for me). Full breakfast Sunday at about 9am and then left my cases so that I could collect them for a late afternoon flight home. Great for those on a budget and fits the bill for bedroom and bathroom.

Nearly everything was fine during the stay. Just one thing. When I borrowed the ironing board and iron I saw that the iron was out of test and the ironing board was quite dirty. The iron being out of its electricity test is quite important for everybody's safety in the hotel. Please follow up!!

Room size.

The staff were all very helpful. I'd been stranded by the weather, and was unable to fly home. I requested in the morning if I could extend my check out time. I was willing to pay more, but they very kindly extended my check out time to 3pm at no extra cost.

They have discontinued the shuttle service!!!!

The bed was comfortable. As i said because the shuttle service is stopped it is not a good choice anymore as the Taxi guys are hesitant in bringing you to the hotel because of the short distance. Better to stay near Hauptbanhof!!!!

Staff are really quite unhelpful. Second time staying here and nothing has changed regarding that. Check in staff can be quite aggressive. You get what you pay for.

Great location for catching a flight.

Reception staff refused to book a taxi on the way from the sport's venue to return to the hotel. All they were prepared to do was give me a phone number to a random taxi company. As we will be returning next year to the same karate competition we may well look to book elsewhere as the logistics of the students are a priority.

food was brilliant and a bar staff

Stated above.....

We had a meal last Saturday night . It was 11.30pm and the selection was limited which was fine with us as they told us they finished serving at 12. We order the breaded chicken, chips and salad. My chicken was still raw in the middle. I asked for it to be taken back and the waiter returned with the cut up piece of chicken re-fried to a crisp with little apology. As a result two of my friends could not finish their meal either. When it came to paying the bill they charged the full amount. I said to pass my dissatisfaction on to the chef and was met with a grunt and a dirty look..

No more shuttle bus to the airport, so I had to pull my bags for 30 minute walk to hotel in very cold temperatures. No airport taxi would take us as it was too close for them and not much of a fare

Staff were curtious and helpful, room was comfortable and quiet

Could not get to hotel from airport very difficult you need a shuttle like at schipol airport local bus not reliable taxis at airport do not want small fares to far to walk with baggage when you don't know final destination very poor

Everything was fine for a one night stop-over for using the airport. Five minutes from the airport. Comfortable, clean, excellent customer service. I would stay here again.

At 11 Euros, breakfast was a little on the expensive side. Also, the shuttle bus mentioned in other reviews no longer runs. Hotel staff said it stopped running at start of 2018....whether this is temporary or permanent I don't know. However, the walk was not so long....maybe 10 mins or so, so no big deal.

10 minutes walk to the airport and airport S-Bahn. Room was comfortable. Handy petrol station next to hotel to buy drinks / snacks etc.

Airport shuttle service could have been provided maybe a group shuttle service covering all of the hotels in this area.

Fast, friendly and informative at check in. Walking distance to the airport (about 20-30 minutes) Restaurant service was very good, food was good also. Breakfast choices were very good.

A more comfortable area for relaxing in the bar would have been good. The space was quite small there. But as it is only really an express hotel, and we arrived late, this was not essential.

Very friendly staff. Walking distance from the airport and nearest bus stop is across the road. The breakfast was quite expensive, but there was a great range of food, setting us up for the day. We loved the 'make your own waffles.' Internet speed great. Comfy room.

The early bird breakfast was very poor and it was very noisy at night (opening and closing doors)

The bed was comfortable and the included shuttle service on time.

it would be nice to have USB phone charging points and also complementary tea/coffee making facilities in the bedroom.

Clean, warm, comfortable room Really nice bathroom with shower. Light continental breakfast available from 4am. Full buffet breakfast available from 6.30am. Complementary airport pick up and drop off on request.

The staff are brilliant. But just note that there is no restaurant on site. If you are staying in the evening you'll need to eat at the airport or find a nearby restaurant.

The location the airport is great. To avoid confusion, the airport shuttle says 'Leonardo Hotel,' on it. My friend and I waited for a long time because we were looking for a bus that said 'Ibis.'

Check in was slow. Not very well sound-proofed in the room

Arrived at 10:00 pm and left at 5:00 am so a very short stay before a flight. The bed was comfortable, good shower and free wifi. The reception area and bar looked very jolly and lively when we arrived. Free shuttle to the airport.

Lack of tea/coffee facilities in room. Very disappointing. Room very basic in decor.

Nice friendly staff. Good free shuttle bus to airport. Breakfast was basic but very nice.

It was not noisy but I think it was the heater which made a weird sound ..

It was convenient (location close to the air port) and had a great fast and easy shuttle service. Good food and drinks - although a little bit pricey.

Rooms are not very large, but adequate for an overnight stay. We have stayed there before and will again.

Staff is friendly and Hotel is a very convenient location to the HAM airport and offers a shuttle, which we used. The hotel has a restaurant with a somewhat limited menu, but food was good. We enjoyed it.

The beer could have been colder.. Stayed twice, both times the beer was not quite cold enough.

Lovely helpful staff, restaurant and bar a bonus Good airport shuttle service

I was travelling with my adult son and had asked for a twin bedded room. The beds were together and there was not enough space to push them apart properly.

Not far from main roads. Clean, able to get food late at night after picking up hire car from airport.

Flight delayed, so arrived to late for the shuttle, queue too long for a taxi and so had to walk about 20 minutes. This would have been really bad if it had been raining. The Booking.com website was not easy to use to simply find last minute accommodation required because of flight delays. Too many options that weren't relevant and often forgotten.

From time to time, there was some noise in the upper part of the wall above the TV. I don't know what was inside. But I think it needs some renovation for the wall in this room.

The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was good.

The bathroom was small and didnt vent well, and the air conditioner made distirbing electtical noises.

Beds where comfortable, proximity to the airport

Breakfast was excellent with a fabulous choice. The Breakfast room/restaurant is very pleasant and is also a great place for an evening meal. The bed was comfy and the room was spacious and clean. The hotel is a ten to 15 mins flat easy walk from the airport terminals on a footpath.

It was close to the airport for our two day stay. The hotel was great about getting us to and from the airport so we could catch the metro downtown. The breakfast was good and reasonably priced.

- you can hear you neighbors above walking or going to the toilet. -

Good place to stay if you need to wait for you flight. The hotel offers a free shuttle to the airport whst is a big plus.

Nice room, which was ready even before check in time! Great, English speaking staff. Very easy and fast check in/out deal. Tasty and various breakfast, delicious coffee! Surprised with a summer breakfast table! :D Tottaly worth to enjoy!

Electric kettle at the room for making tea/coffee was not provided although i have made aspecial request for that at the time of booking.

Yes,it Was.

The room temperature was very uncomfortable (hot) to the point of hindering sleep. Also we asked for a wake up call and didn't get one.

Great price, great location, great service and convenient shuttle to the airport.

When somebody above you shuts their door a loud noise crackles through the ceiling

I loved that you had to use your key in the lift, made us feel very safe in the property!

Didn't know where to pick up the shuttle when we arrived in the airport.

Loved the easy check in. We arrived in the hotel late (around 23h30) and Javier was amazing in serving us a great snack!

No indication of where to catch the shuttle service from the airport. Not many at the airport knew.

Easy to reach from airport. It would be nicer if the area to pick up shuttle service is from the airport is in the website. By the time, it took me to find out where to pick up the shuttle, the time had gone past 2300 hrs, and, the shuttle service was no longer available. I then had to take taxi. Most of them refused to travel that short distance from the airport. It was raining , otherwise I would have walked those 900 metres

Everything was just great.

Was a very comfortable and reasonable hotel, very close to the airport. Has a cost restaurant and the staff and services were excellent

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

No extra pillows in the room didn't call reception for them

Your check in staff and the afternoon bar person in the afternoon and when we had dinner was exceptional

Upon arrival at Hamburg Airport I did not know how to get the shuttle to pick us up at the airport. Thankfully it was a nice day and we walked to the hotel.

The Ibis was our first stop after traveling from the U.S. Comfortable accommodations without extras. Perfect for the price. Staff was exceptional. Restaurant was very good for dinner and breakfast was delightful.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

No pre arrangement for airport shuttle, one has to call the hotel from the airport. With roaming charges it is abit inconvenient.

Gut Staff and easy to reach. Value for money.

I liked everything about the Ibis at Hamburg Airport. I've stayed there before - value for money, cleanliness etc. Who cares if the shower cubicle is a bit small. Other people moan about such silly things.

Located near the Hamburg airport. Had valet service to the airport. Excellent evening meal. Checked in the rental car, stayed over night, and took valet service to the airport early the next morning.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

The check in gentleman was not the most helpful. Resturant staff are excellent. Food is great. No body lotion provided in the bathrooms. The rest is fantastic

The meny of the restaurant was boring, and the taste of the food was not very impressive either. I am surprised that a chef cannot prepare something better. The breakfast was ordinary, that means quite OK, but not more than that.

The terrible smell and the slow wifi connection. The bathroom in particular was horrible!!! It smelled really bad and the drains were blocked

It was close to airport

I forgot my toothbrush and was asked to pay 2.50 Euro which I thought was mean. There are very few cafes or restaurants nearby.

Excellent buffet breakfast with a variety of salads and hot and cold dishes you can even make your own waffles. Complimentary drink on arrival and tasty food in hotel restaurant. The hotel is 5 minutes from the bus stop which brings you to the train station. A Courtesy bus from the Hotel collects you at the airport which is great. You can phone to inform the hotel from the information desk in the airport.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Carpet that looks like timber? Why not use timber!

Clean, comfortable and close to the airport. No frills means not paying for stuff you won't use. Good internet. Openable windows for fresh air. Close to public buses.

Staff could have told me to "book" the courtesy bus for the next day. Power outlet difficult to use to charge a phone/camera/tablet, as it is about 1.2m high and nowhere near any furniture.

Clean, comfortable and friendly staff. No frills, no fuss, just a great price. Courtesy bus came in record fast time. Best 2 star I've ever stayed in.

The price. Although it was not at all over-priced, we all want to save a little more.

I loved that they have a restaurant within the property, and when I asked how I could get to the center of Hamburg they gave me all the necessary directions. They also woke me up to get to my very early flight, and the airport shuttle was very, very convenient. Thank you, so much.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

No mini bar in the room so if you get thirsty during the night you are confined to using tap water, also there were some cracking sounds which were not regular and could be a bit annoying at night when it breaks the silence

Airport shuttle service which also takes you to the DLR (very important if you are aspiring pilot visiting Hamburg for testing), comfortable bed, clean and big bathroom, very good wifi

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

No restaurants nearby but that's not the hotels' fault.

Staff was amazingly friendly and helpful. The free shuttle bus to the airport in the morning is a superb service. I saw great customer focus.

Found the towels not clean but it was quickly rectified. And hotel also offered free drinks in compensation for the mistake. And all is ok now.

Near by to airport, great location, good bar.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Not hotel's fault, but stuck in a very dull area.

The transfer from airport to hotel and back is very efficient. Friendly hotel staff. Dinner and breakfast were good and decently priced.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Super friendly staff. Very helpful. Rooms were exceptionally clean. Basic but everything you need. Shuttle service efficient and friendly. Would return.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

The only complaint is, that it took very long time to be picked up at the airport by your shuttle bus when we returned to Hamburg Airport.

Very nice with shuttle bus to airport early in the morning!

Staff were so rude, very impolite and I think it's because I'm black. They were nice to the others, I really won't be going back there

Wonderful breakfast, staff could be a bit more helpful especially to black people, cos they seemed friendly to other guests

Wifi was very slow.

Really helpful friendly staff who were great with check in and when I dined in the restaurant. Fruit bowl on reception was a saviour for my early mornings with no time for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Staff - not friendly at all. The guy at the reception was rude when I checked in. Really put me off. Cleanliness - only clean on the surface. Check-in time - only after 3pm.

Good location, 5 mins by free shuttle bus to the airport

Check-in a bit slow due to inefficient processing of other customers. Bothering floods if you shower longer than 5 min. Room can be small for 2 pax if they have big luggage. Shuttle starts only at 6am.

Convenient location, clean, fair for a discounted rate

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

We had booked a shuttle to the airport at 5:15am, we arrived downstairs at 5:14am and the shuttle had left, a call from reception would have been helpful

Staff were wonderful, gave us lots of helpful information for getting around and where to go. Very close to the airport which suited us as we had an early morning flight out. About 25 euros in a taxi to get into town.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

I asked the receptionist how I could get to the city centre. He recommended S1 train from the airport, which turned out to be the fastest way indeed. When I asked how long it takes to get to the airport on foot, he said 10 min, but it turned out to be almost 20. It was dark and raining, so I didn't like that part much.

Very comfy double bed. Clean. Free shuttle to the airport. The receptionist provided me with the map of the city and of the public transportation. The hotel has two starts, and it's much better than what you would normally expect from **.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Location is not the best, but if you plan well.. It's well connected with public transport

It's well maintained ,clean and good service and nice staffs

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Nice, clean and well maintained hotel nearby the airport. Friendly and helpful staff. I had an early flight and although it was 4.50AM, they were serving some mini breakfast. 15min walk time to the airport.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Shuttle bus was 45 min late even though we called 3 times to ask for it. Our daughter sobbed all the way as it was really late. When we finally arrived we were told that the twin room that I booked was swapped for one with double bed. We complained but there was no explanation given to us, no apology, nothing. We were extremely tired as we arrived at 11 pm and just wanted to rest, but barely got any sleep at all. Will never stay in Ibis ever again after this experience!!!

It was clean.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

We had a couple of silverfish in our room. Not necessarily an indication of incompetence or staff neglect. Room was small but well laid out and completely adequate for a one night stay before flying from Hamburg Airport. No place to eat within walking distance but hotel restaurant excellent.

Clean, quiet. Looked like it was built last week but staff member told me it's thirteen years old. Beds were excellent. I asked front desk for a second pillow and one was fetched for me packaged in its own protective case. Ordered fettuccine balognese expecting a certain size serving. Asked for extra sauce. Serving could have served two or even three people and was very good. E10.50 reasonable given the size of the portion. Airport shuttle was new, comfortable, and free.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Breakfast could be cheaper

Clean, simple, friendly service. Nice lobby area, too. A fair option for an overnight stay near the airport, and the walk to the terminal is quite pleasant.

The shuttle to the airport only held 8 people so was usually full & you have to book.

Location to the airport - shuttle bus if booked and 10 mins walk to the terminal. Served the purpose. Staff were also friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

We stayed at the same hotel with same room type last year (11 months prior to our stay this year). The price last year was $64 for one night. This year we paid $83 - that is a 30% price increase in 11 months - rather severe price hike. Other than that, all hotel features excellent.

Free airport shuttle, clean well laid out rooms

Browse ibis Hotel Hamburg Airport traveller photo gallery