Reviews of Hostel Haus international This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Elisabethstr. 87, Schwabing West, 80797 Munich, Germany

#314 of 349 hotels in Munich

Based on 5297 hostel reviews

Good for value in an otherwise expensive City

Beds were not in excellent condition (squeaky, old), WiFi hardly works, toilet ventilation was poor, lockers were not in the best condition.

Overall clean, staff were friendly, free breakfast was a good addition to value.

I will not come back, price is not correct for the service
    • Twin Room with Shared Shower/WC

There is a lot to say, especially I think the price is too expensive for what they offer to the guests. First, there is a single woman shower for the entire floor. I had to stand in line to wait for my turn to shower. I could take it on 11.30 pm. Second, in the room there is not a piece of toilet paper or a piece of soap. Third and for me the worst, the curtain transluces the light, it is short and light in color, I was awake at 5 am with the sun that fell on my face. There was a lot of noise at night and all the doors closing hit some of the metal door. The staff stressed because there are many guests and little staff. The room is small and quite depressing... For such as place the price should be lower.

Breakfast was good

Not happy. Why young people like smoking? It' s so bad, not healthy for themselves, and others.
    • Small Single Room with Private Shower/WC

Although, there are many signs, "no smoking allowed" . But, when I entered this hostel, the lobby, the room, everywhere I could smear the smoking. At night, I could not sleep, because, the air is full with smoking.(I had closed all the windows, and I lived in the 4th floor, but no helps. ) I must use a tower, soaking with water, and apply to my nose, otherwise, the smoking air....let me keep coughing, I almost could not breath....could not sleep. I was so regret to live in this kind of youth hotel. I paid of Eur 50 a night, but, I need to wear ear plugs (so noisy at night), and need to breath those bad quality air.....it' s not worthy. This is a terrible experience for me. I will not to book this hostel any more, and will not refer anyone. It' s my fault to make this stupid choice.

Room is OK size, for 2 beds, but I booked for single use, Private room, with toilet and shower. There is a lift.

I will recommend this place to my friends.
    • 6-Bed Room with Private Shower/WC

the staff is not so familiar about the tourist information in Germany. We once asked about Bayern ticket and they had no idea about this great thing about travelling in Bavarian areas.

worth of value, nice environment, easy to reach

Overal nice stay, comfy beds.
    • Twin Room with Shared Shower/WC

One shower shared with lots of people. Doors don’t close quietly, they slam. You will hear that all night. Place for school trips with a lot of loud teenagers.

Overal nice stay, comfy beds. Nice clean room. Easily accessible. Nice crew.

Very simple and cheap one-night stay. Good breakfast in the morning. Value for money!
    • Single Room with Shared Shower/WC

Everything was ok, it was like I expected it.

The room was nothing special, but it was clean and tidy. I only needed a hotel for a one night stay. I also arrived late so no need for something special. The breakfast was good. Mainstream breakfast like eggs, coffee, tea, bread, butter, honey, etc. Everyhing was fine, no complaints or similar... The staff was very friendly by the way. I recommend the hotel for low-budget stays.

Near city center, worth your money if you will just there...
    • Quadruple Room with Private Shower/WC

Toilet is quite small and there is no toilet mat in the bathroom so water is all over the floor.

Near city center, worth your money if you will just there for a short period of time.

The staff was extremely helpful with my questions on local...
    • Single Room with Shared Shower/WC

My room window faces the road so it can get a little noisy with traffic or passers-by. The room door isn't that soundproof so I could occasionally hear other rowdy guests.

The staff was extremely helpful with my questions on local transport, and the front desk sells the day pass which makes it very convenient for travellers. My single room was clean and spacious, along with useful facilities such as wash basin and locker. The shared bathroom was clean beyond my expectations too.

The price for a single room
    • Single Room with Shared Shower/WC

The showers which truly lack some privacy (you have to dress/undress in front of everyone, as there isn't any cabin shower) The breakfast which was too savoury for me

The price for a single room

The room as well as a shower were clean.
    • Twin Room with Shared Shower/WC

At the reception we found out that wi-fi exists, but doesn't work. We have been told that restaurant starts it work at 6 a.m., but afterwards it was not true, they start work at 6:45. So we left the hotel hungry. After midnight check in of some guests started, and they were very noisy and nobody calmed down them, personal didn't take care about it. Staff is cold and not friendly. Price doesn't fit the quality.

The room as well as a shower were clean.

The hotel is sufficient for overnight stays. For longer stays I do not recommend.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Shower/WC

Very noisy guests practically non-stop from evening to morning. Rooms very simply furnished, only beds, table, chairs. Metal wardrobes are useless.

Excellent breakfast. Great accessibility of public transport. Clean and comfortable beds.

Quite okay but i dont think i will stay in this hotel anymore in the future.
    • Twin Room with Shared Shower/WC

The staff was not friendly. We also got misinformation from the staff about the breakfast to go since we have to left before 6 am. But in the end we cant have it and the staff said that it was our fault!!

The breakfast is good and standard. Bedroom and bathroom are okay.

It was really nice except for the noise at sleep time
    • Single Room with Shared Shower/WC

Too noisy. Rooms need better noise isolation.

Super location, right next to a tram station and s gas station in front with a nice store to buy water, beer and snacks.

Close to bus line to get into the city and the woman who...
    • Twin Room with Shared Shower/WC

Room was ok and liked having the locker in it but you could here everything going on in the hallways. Super loud at 11pm when trying to sleep. No wifi. Food was thumbs down other than bread.

Close to bus line to get into the city and the woman who checked us in (evening time) was so friendly and gave us good information to find a place to eat and get some wifi. And how to get to the city.

Clean, quiet room, nice staff. What you would expect from a good hostel.
    • Small Single Room with Private Shower/WC

Breakfast can be better - broader offer, fresher produce etc, but fine as it is.

Clean, quiet room. Good location and quick check in and check out. What you would expect from a good hostel style accommodation.

Way outside of center, close to Schwimmbad, lots of youth.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Shower/WC

Further out from the city center than desired. Upon check in, I was told I had to purchase a larger room. We had reserved a four bed room as my youngest daughter is 5. It moved us from a 4 bed to 8 bed room. Bonus was the table with chairs in our room to play cards in the evening. Draw back was two nights was nearly 300 euros. I stayed three days in actual hotel in Berlin for less than this amount. Room in the hostel got hot, had to get up early and get out. Windows just tipped in didn’t open fully. Many youth here and a disco on the bottom floor. But this resulted in throw up outside the elevator on our first night coming home from sightseeing. Must be punctual to breakfast, and complete eating by closing time. (Punctual time culture)

The hostel was easy to find from transportation. Located a block or two from a Schwimmbad and grocery.

It was excellent.
    • Single Room with Private Shower/WC

Although it didn't affect me, I feel the place would benefit from a vending machine selling coffee tea chocolate etc. Guests were clearly needed this and used the local garage. Its a mussed business oportunity . They could also sell postcards tea shirts and mugs and keyrings etc which could generate more income

Loved the choice of breakfast and had everything offered exery.day we tried lunch which was a welcome price. Also the evening meal was very reasonable

The place is very clean.
    • Single Room with Shared Shower/WC

The location is rather far from the city center and train station. The WiFi is super spotty and didn’t work very well in my room.

The place is very clean. The bed was comfortable and the bathrooms were pristine. The facilities were in great shape and the breakfast was adequate. Although the location is far from the city center, it is close to Olympic Park which is beautiful.

Clean, simple, great food.
    • Twin Room with Shared Shower/WC

I requested a packed lunch for the next day and was told it was too late. No idea what the ordering deadline is.

Excellent selection and plentiful food at breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. Located right in front of bus and street car stop. You may buy tickets for city-wide transportation at the hostel.

An overpriced stay in an average hostel
    • Small Single Room with Private Shower/WC

The ventilation system seemed to fill my bathroom with unpleasant smelling air. The drain (or maybe the vent) meant that the bathroom smelled permanently like cabbage. I noticed on the second day that the room smelled like cigarette smoke upon my return from a day out. I am not a smoker and found this unpleasant. The hostel website boasts an interesting sounding breakfast with plenty of choice which was one of the reasons I chose to stay here. In reality, it was very simple. The fruit salad was unpleasant. The boiled eggs were not always hard boiled. If you can't eat bread like me, don't expect much from the breakfast. The wifi didn't function. I was told by the staff that they were having trouble with the provider. With these problems, I did not feel I got value for money. I had been very much looking forward to my stay. I was disappointed.

The bed was comfy and the room was clean. The shower had hot water. The lockers in the room were spacious to accommodate all my luggage.

A overall pleasant stay in beautiful Munich
    • Twin Room with Shared Shower/WC

The curtain on the window was hung about 12inches in front of the window so was not very good at stopping light coming in. There was only one plug in the twin room so we had to borrow an extension cable. This was a €10 deposit which we got back. The main city centre was about half an hour away but tram and subway were easy to find and fairly cheap. Other guests could be quite loud overnight.

Very clean, staff were very friendly and helpful, all spoke English with us when they saw we were struggling with German. Excellent breakfast with fresh eggs and bread each morning. For us the bathroom wasn't far from our room and unlike many other hostel stays, we never had to wait for the shower or toilet, it was always available to us when needed. Overall a pleasant experience.

Cheap and cheerful - highly recommended!
    • Twin Room with Shared Shower/WC

Really couldn't fault it. The coffee at breakfast was a bit manky, and the bar could've been open past 1am, but very minor issues that didn't negate the experience at all. A bunch of kids up early the one morning making a racket, but the hostel can't be blamed for that!

Absolutely cracking find - cheap and cheerful. All staff extremely helpful, and speak better English than me (and everyone else from Birmingham!). Everywhere seemed to be constantly cleaned, and the continental breakfast did the trick each morning. A short walk from Hohenzollernplatz U-Bahn, so easy to get to as well.

Cheap and easy in Munich
    • 6-Bed Room with Private Shower/WC

Common bathroom very small, not very clean and humid

Good value for money, ideal for big groups with teenagers (e.g. sports club, youth clubs, etc.), uncomplicated

The breakfast was really okay for hotels price.
    • Triple Room with Private Shower/WC

The breakfast was really okay for hotels price. There was enough range of food, the hotel rooms were clean, staff was helpful and friendly, they helped us a lot. In many comments people said the location was far away from the city centre so I was a little bit worried, but it turned out it was max. 10 minute walk to S-Bun station and also there was a bus station 2-3 min. away! (Nearby the hotel there was a gas station, which is a plus, also there was free WİFİ in the hostel!

We're having a good time here. Will recommend to others. Thanks for your hospitality. See u again.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Shower/WC

All is good, except while we stayed there at the first night, it was so lousy and other residents kept shouting loudly and they closed the room door so hard so we heard the lousy sounds :( till midnight (even above 00.00 AM). So we did not sleep well. Maybe Hostel Haus needs to improve this in the future. So other travellers who stayed there know that they need to respect other travelllers too. Thanks a lot.

The staffs were so kind and polite. Nice hospitality and service. It's located in a nice area too. The room and breakfast were also so good.

It was not as cheap as expected, but the best option...
    • Small Single Room with Private Shower/WC

Wi-fi didn't work during my stay because of provider,but situation didn't change.

It was not as cheap as expected, but the best option available on my dates. Everything was perfect.

Noisy place, bad location but more than acceptable standards
    • Single Room with Shared Shower/WC

We didn’t realise how many school trips, excursions, stag and hen do’s use the hotel as a base. There were always lots of people at breakfast. It’s not exactly a quiet place. Also it was a good 40 minute walk into the centre of Munich!

The room was big and clean which was great.

The breakfast was decent.
    • 6-Bed Room with Private Shower/WC

Our bathroom had a bad smell coming out of the toilet the whole time. The WiFi did not work for the three days we were there. The 2 euro towels offered at the front desk were thin and small.

The breakfast was decent. The beds were clean and comfortable.

Rooms and washroom was clean.
    • Twin Room with Shared Shower/WC

Too many kids/high school students. They were annoying and super noisy. The disco tech music was too soft in volume and the dance floor was completely empty so it was awkward to dance. Cafeteria free breakfast was decent.

Rooms and washroom was clean.

Nice and pleasant stay. Car owners will have some work and do have your towels with you.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Shower/WC

If you're with a car - the parking place is rather hard to find as the nearby parking lots are allowed with tickets until 6pm whereas later only by a resident parking pass that only residents have. Only further down the road - cca. 100m, starting with the fitness studio - can you park with tickets and without the residency parking pass. 24h hour parking will cost you 6€. So if you have a lot of luggage - do unload at the entrance and then engage in the finding of the parking place. And - bring your own towels! It is mentioned but make sure you don't forget!

It's great to have a room with bathroom by yourself when you're with kids. Room was narrow but nothing you wouldn't expect from an average hostel. If you travel with kids and are used to comfort - get ready to improvise a bit but other than that it was a nice and calm stay even though there were a lot of FC Bayern fans there on Saturday (must have been a match that day) hanging out at the entrance with lots of beer cans on the ground. Not really a kids scenery at first but if you're an experienced traveler this should be rather normal. Breakfast is self-service and there's enough to choose from so don't worry about that part.

5.6
    Very disappointed, I doubt I will return here.
    • Small Single Room with Private Shower/WC

I had booked a single room, it was double and the mattresses were old and worn out, I had to try both because they were so uncomfortable I got backache . I reported this but the response was unfriendly and nothing done about it. I have stayed here several times , a few of the staff are friendly and helpful, but some I did not know were not. The young visitors on several occasions made a terrible disturbance after midnight, screaming, running about and banging doors. I was on the 4th floor and could hear everything . Other older people also made a disturbance on this floor at 2am and after looking for their room, talking very loudly, etc. this is not necessary, even if you get mixed up with room numbers !

Breakfast Not so Good . Plenty to eat, but repetitive. Coffee bad.

Good price to value. Not very private for single room
    • Small Single Room with Private Shower/WC

It’s a bit of noisy. Room cleaning annoyed me in the early morning by opening my door?! even though it was not after my check-out time...

Location is close to bus stop. The staffs are friendly. Price includes breakfast.

Good hostel
    • Twin Room with Shared Shower/WC

A very loud group of young people kept us up well past 1am, not particularly sound-proof areas

Amazing spread at breakfast, they were also open a little after midnight when we arrived. Ample clean toilets and showers

Little room with good breakfast and kind staff.
    • Single Room with Private Shower/WC

Little room with simply, but good breakfast, and with kind staff. It is a big advantage that the reception is working on 0-24h (we chacked in at 11 p.m.). As the room is not so well-equipped, I can reccomend it for short stay.

Go there for a place to stay, not a place to sleep...
    • Single Room with Shared Shower/WC

It is incredibly noisy because any door opened or closed in the building are heavy and noisy. I wasn't expecting much as it is not too expensive but I probably slept 1 or 2 hours after the music stopped around midnight

The room, bed and showers were cleaned. The bed was small but confortable so for that price, I feel it was good.

The location was very convenient.
    • Twin Room with Shared Shower/WC

The location was very convenient. It's close to the metro and the tram services. The Olympic park is also walking distance from the hostel. The staff were very friendly and overall great value for money

It was acceptable.
    • Single Room with Shared Shower/WC

They have a Disco downstairs. It might be good for people who want a lil bit party during the trip. But for the ones who want to sleep good at night, it will be a bad news. I stayed in the 2th floor and the disco is in -1, but it was still pretty loud in my room, and I couldn’t sleep well because of that.

Price is good for a Hostel which includes Breakfast.

The location was convenient, not far from the Central Rail...
    • Twin Room with Shared Shower/WC

The hostel is super noisy, no noise insulation in the hallways whatsoever. Half of the staff struggle with English and are not very helpful.

The location was convenient, not far from the Central Rail Station.

6.0
    Satisfactory, pity so noisy
    • Single Room with Shared Shower/WC

Incredibly noisy so hardly slept, people chatted in the corridor and you could hear everything and the worst was the constant slamming of doors - the lock system is such that its incredibly noisy, so you hear every door being closed or opened in the entire corridor.

Friendly staff, provided packed breakfast as had early start.

Good for a short stay

The walls are pretty thin and you can hear every sound in the building. The doors cannot be shut quietly and the result is that all night a door is bugging your sleep. There is no kitchen.

It was very clean and the breakfast was good. There is 24/7 service desk which is very convеnient.

The hostel is located in Schwabing, so not very central, but...
    • Single Room with Shared Shower/WC

The only problem are other guests, since it is a big hostel many schools are accommodated here. I experienced one night, when some Italian adolescents were playing football in the floor and shouting to each other at least till 3o'clok at night. Their teacher was standing on the floor then till 4 and trying to calm them down, but for long it didn’t help. The other nights, after this particular school left, it was OK, but despite the fact not so much fitting for somebody who needs to get undisturbed sleep.

The hostel is located in Schwabing, so not very central, but the place is well reachable. The staff was nice and cooperative.

It was VERY bad choice to stay in this hotel
    • 6-Bed Room with Private Shower/WC

It was VERY bad choice to stay in this hotel The rooms are not clean and very old style Too expensive for the bad facilities Very noisy hotel, seems as a hostel. Couldnt sleep the whole night. We booked two nights but couldnt stat for the second near night

It can get very loud...if you want a good sleep, don't book here.
    • Single Room with Shared Shower/WC

This is basically a youth hostel. Fine. I knew that when booking. Bit also a youth hostel should allow guests who booked a single room to sleep at all and to have the breakfast you paid for. Both was impossible as the house was fully booked with school kids who had a party all over the place the whole night. All the kids were then also queing for breakfast in the morning. No offense against the pupil groups, they shall enjoy their youth and party, but then the hostel should inform other travelers in advance. Will for sure not return!

Friendly and flexible staff.

Price-value alright
    • Twin Room with Shared Shower/WC

Not very clean, tiny rooms, unfriendly young lady at the reception

Some staff was in a bad mood, others friendly. Nice lady at the breakfast buffet! Breakfast best part.

Don’t stay there please
    • Single Room with Shared Shower/WC

1. No wifi 2. The noisiest hotel, people screaming and running at 2am and again 6am. So if you are planning to stay there just make sure you are younger than 15 and are traveling with your school as a field trip. 3. Cleaning is basically just leave a clean towel (no mopping nor anything else), it’s disgusting really 4. Ladies from the restaurant are always in a bad mood

Ubicación

Comfortable and convenient place to stay to see the city.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Shower/WC

The WiFi wasn't very reliable however I didn't even think there was WiFi and there were signs around explaining the problem so it was better than nothing.

Clean, comfortable and convenient! We were visiting Munich Jewellery week and it was very easy to get around the city from here. The breakfast was good and we used the luggage room on our check out day which was really helpful.

Once is enough.
    • Twin Room with Shared Shower/WC

It was very loud and noisy. Impossible to sleep at night. People running, slamming the doors and screaming even at 3-4 am. It was the same every night we stayed there. The cleaning was ok, but the room had a weird smell.

Staff was helpful. Near to the bus stop.

Once is enough
    • Single Room with Shared Shower/WC

It was very loud and noisy. Impossible to sleep at night. People running, screaming, and slamming the doors even at 3-4 am. Every night was the same. Cleaning was ok, but our room had a weird smell.

The staff was helpful. Near to the bus stop.

Great breakfast!
    • Twin Room with Shared Shower/WC

Great breakfast!! And a good location for a fair price. I stay in this hostel whenever I am in München, and this probably shows that they are doing something good.

not a bad place, but not recommended for light sleepers
    • Single Room with Shared Shower/WC

Not suitable for those with light sleep. The building has no sound proof, so if there are other lodgers who are loud or noisy, you will hear them. This was the only negative aspect.

It is in a good location. Breakfast is not bad. Facilities are apt. The staff I encountered were really nice. Overall it was alright.

Orrible
    • Twin Room with Private Shower/WC

Everything: - there is NO FREE PARKING IN THE HOTEL, but they say that there is.... -breakfast very poor -bathroom is too small -bed in not confortable -at the check out they told we hadn't pay yet, but we paid at the check in, we were lucky that we find out the receive because wasn 't enough for them the bank communication on my phone....I DON'T RECOMMEND!!!!

Only the position was good

Room service personnel was visible almost all time.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Shower/WC

Bathroom could be little bit bigger.

Room service personnel was visible almost all time. They really took care of cleaning. Breakfast the swedish table, there was not so many choices however everyone could find something for himself. For this price it is very good choice.

Don't bother.
    • Twin Room with Shared Shower/WC

I have spent the last six weeks traveling and staying in hostels around Europe. Many of them were lovely; this was by far the worst. I have never been so disappointed by a hostel. It was EXTREMELY loud, and the staff did absolutely nothing about it. People were literally running up and down the hallways shouting throughout the night. I was woken up at least a dozen times throughout the night. I like hostels because they give you a simple place to sleep, but I cannot say that I really even got to sleep here. I didn't even try to get breakfast in the morning because there were SO many people running around everywhere, I felt it would just be chaos. I do not recommend this hostel at all.

The room was clean (though the bathroom was not).

I liked the price and the free breakfast was an extra bonus.
    • Single Room with Private Shower/WC

I still have nightmares about that bed we slept on. I had horrible back and neck pain from that bed. The location was a little far from the train station - I think it was about 2 miles - but we like walking so we didn't mind it. I'm glad we had a day to visit the City Centre- it was probably about a 45 minute walk from the hotel, but it was worth it- very fun and popular area. Next time, I would probably stay somewhere else in hopes for better comfort and slightly better location.

I liked the price and the free breakfast was an extra bonus. It was a great way to travel on a tight budget. The staff was very nice, too!

I would highly recommend NOT to book this place
    • 6-Bed Room with Private Shower/WC

- No wifi - Room was dirty and smelled musty - Only 3 power socket in 6-bed room, and all of them next to the door. - Rude and not friendly staff - Toilet/shower were inconvenient

- Breakfast - Near to public transport

The location is near the city centre and it was value for...
    • Quadruple Room with Private Shower/WC

There was no soap or hand towels in the washroom. I asked if the checkout time can be extended till 12 but the request was refused. But they were gracious enough to keep our luggage in the store room.

The location is near the city centre and it was value for money. The staff is helpful.

For the same price you can find something better
    • Triple Room with Private Shower/WC

there were no towels and I didn't find this info in the description during my booking. We had to pay 2€ for every little towel they provided to us. We were 3 guests, in a triple room and we payed 75€ (+6€ for the little towels), I find this price to expensive for that hostel. It's not beautiful, old style and doesn't provide anything ( ex. hair dryer, towels, soaps). The shower is unconfortable, cause every 10 seconds the water stopps, like a normal public toilet. The breakfast has nothing sweet.

It was clean and quiet

I would like to meet manager of this hotel
    • Single Room with Shared Shower/WC

I am looking now my credit-cart bill and they have double charged me! Also when i ask in polite manner some good hypermarket to buy something to bring to home woman on the front desk YELLED AT ME, she yelled that listen to mee listen to mee, go to grogery store which is next to hotel. Well she did not listened my question. Something is very wrong with their staff!

In total so horrible

Good for the price
    • Single Room with Shared Shower/WC

Wi-fi wasn’t working and there was so many noise because of the students

Public transportation right in front of the hotel, easy to go to the center. Clean room. Good breakfast

It could be worse
    • Twin Room with Private Shower/WC

Breakfast was very average - but as you would maybe expect in a large hostel. It was not worth the money - too expensive for what it is. The staff were very unwelcoming and especially as the WIFI was not working they were unapologetic and made it seem like it had not been working for a while, nor that they were particularly motivated to get it fixed. Not their fault, likely management, but I mean... its kind of expected that a stay has WIFI at this point in the 21st century.

The location was pretty good and the room had a lot of natural light. There was no coffee or tea facilities in the room and in the communal kitchen HOT WATER was 1.20 euros. Which is INSANITY.

Lovely stay. We would return.

My husband said that the mens bathrooms were not clean the majority of the time. We didn't need our room cleaned each day ( it says rooms are cleaned daily) but we do note that they weren't cleaned daily. The dustbin bag was changed but the dirt that was on the floor stayed on the floor for the duration of the stay.

Rooms were comfortable and lock up space was suitable. Breakfast was amazing. Hostel Haus is in a great location, with easy access to public transport. You get exactly what you pay for.

One of the worest everything No wifi No customer service ,aggressive bad attitude .I would prefer to stay anywhere else.
    • Small Single Room with Private Shower/WC

Everything No wifi No customer service ,aggressive bad attitude .I would prefer to stay anywhere else ..my advice don't ever think that you will stay in this place unless you will stay i n the street

In front of the tram station

Not friendly reception staff
    • Small Single Room with Private Shower/WC

Arround 21h on second day my phone dropped dead and didn't work, staff from reception didn't even react when I asked for help, to send email or message via Viber to my family, just to tell them I'm ok. Really not profesional

Hostel was very clean, 4 stations from the main train station but you need to walk 800m to first station. Also close to swimming pool. Has breakfast. Change towels after second day

The breakfast included was perfect and had plenty of choice...
    • 6-Bed Room with Private Shower/WC

The location was inconvenient, staff unfriendly, layout of room and bathroom could have been better and a shower that actually had hot water would have been nice.

The breakfast included was perfect and had plenty of choice for everyone but that was the only good thing.

Ok hostel in Munich, has large rooms
    • 8-Bed Room with Private Shower/WC

Check-in process lengthy - have to fill out passport number etc. Parking is only available in the street, the receptionist couldn't advise where to find the parkomat. Basic rooms, beds have rather thin matresses

Ok hostel, we stay there regularly when we are in Munich with large companies. Breakfast is ok, albeit simple and with limited choice.

The only thing that was positive about this place was that...
    • Single Room with Shared Shower/WC

The hostel was very noisy, and the first requirement I have for my accommodation of sleeping well was not met at this hostel. The first night there were some people having a party across the hall from me, they were singing, screaming, and banging doors. I was attending a dance festival that weekend, and I arrived quite late, and my sleeping time would have already been short, but due to the noise throughout the night, and starting again early in the morning, I did not sleep at all. I was very angry, because I had a very physically demanding weekend with a lot of dancing, and it was hard for me due to the lack of sleep. Secondly, the wifi did not work at all. The receptionist commented that it is due to the provider, but I am sorry, if you are a respectable hostel, you would change the provider, or at least warn your guests before that it is not possible to access the internet in this property. I was lucky I had my international mobile data, as I am from abroad. But this also means I had to pay extra to use it. The doors were super loud.. it was impossible to close the door without the whole hallway shaking afterwards. I always heard other people opening/ closing their doors. Also the walls were very thin, so I actually heard a guy snoring in the room next to me. You could hear everything basically. I also heard when somebody opened a tap in the other room. Being in the room felt like you were sleeping in the hallway, absolutely no isolation of sound. A staff member started to vacuum-clean early in the morning, I don't know if they were cleaning the rooms or what, but the vacuum cleaner sounded like from a horror movie, it was making a terribly loud and squeaky voice. Overall I have to say it was one of the worst hostel experiences of my life, considering all the points that I've made. I was very disappointed and would not stay there again, also I would not recommend this place.

The only thing that was positive about this place was that the staff was friendly.

Everything you'd expect from a hostel!
    • Quadruple Room with Private Shower/WC

I think I'm just too old personally to be staying in a youth hostel haha. I had forgotten about the noise other people make but is totally warranted in a hostel. The room reminded me of a prison cell a bit just because of the interior but it was still comfortable. The shower was crap though. You have to hold a button non-stop for it to work & you cannot adjust the tilt of the shower head so at the same time you have to hold the shower head to be able to wash yourself.

The staff were lovely and super informative and welcoming. The breakfast too is really good - lots of food options as well as free coffee. It's in a pretty decent location if you don't mind walking like us. It is about a 30 minute walk from the main train station and again a 30 minute walk into central Munich. A nice walk though! Rooms are warm & the bedding is comfortable! If you're wanting to save money on accommodation in Munich then I'd still recommend this place.

Very clean, very safe, perfectly nice breakfast.
    • Twin Room with Shared Shower/WC

WiFi doesn’t have enough bandwidth to support such a large building. If you advertise WiFi throughout, it’s gotta work even when everyone is in the building and trying to use it.

Very clean, very safe, perfectly nice breakfast.

Sleep eat and get out to see the area.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Shower/WC

It's a hostel so expectations are not high, its a place to get food and zzzzzzz's. The internet was working about 1/4 of the time, which was a disappointment.

Good hostel ♥️
    • Small Single Room with Private Shower/WC

A pillow may be was not so good.

I stayed at single room with individual bathroom. There were 2 beds. Bed is good. Tourist can control the climate at room, if there is cold. There no any problems with public transportation. I walked sometimes. I'm in love with trams. There a tram station and in 10 minutes by walk a subway.

the breakfast was nice.
    • Twin Room with Shared Shower/WC

wifi was poor, connected sometimes and disconnected sometimes. (the staff take it for granted) the shower was okay, but I couldn't get hot water on the first day.

the breakfast was nice. if you have to leave early, they give you a bag of some stuff to eat. quiet, clean and warm room. it locates really near to a bus/tram stop. the hostel offers you a lot of information of the city and maps.

I would definitely stay again.
    • Small Single Room with Private Shower/WC

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They went above and beyond answering my questions and dissipating my concerns. The hostel is about a 10 minute walk from the Underground.

Good value for money and short stay! Excellent breakfast.
    • Triple Room with Private Shower/WC

The room for 3 people was clean, but very small. It was also very hot in the rooms. There was no internet.

Breakfast was excellent. Cheap parking place.

the staff was polite and the room was very spacious.
    • Triple Room with Private Shower/WC

the location was a bit far and there wasn't any ventilation in the bathroom.

the staff was polite and the room was very spacious. the breakfast was particularly excellent

breakfast was good.

breakfast was good. you get what you pay for. we didn't have high expectations going in so we weren't surprised. its very basic accommodations.

Browse Hostel Haus international traveller photo gallery