Reviews of Hotel Villa Konstanz This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Konstanzer Str. 30, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, 10709 Berlin, Germany

#306 of 597 hotels in Berlin

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Excellent choice at breakfast.

Some uncertainty about organising late check-in and early checkout, but eventually sorted ok. No drinking glasses in room.

Excellent choice at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

well, to be honest first I was not quite sure, whether to...

There is a fridge in hall which it accept only coins. It would be better if we can pay by paper money also if we want to buy water or cola :)

well, to be honest first I was not quite sure, whether to book this hotel or no as it was my first time staying in a villa like this. but seriously I had a wonderful experience. The bed was really comfortable I enjoyed my sleep in such an extend that I was about to oversleep and miss the breakfast. The breakfast was very delicious as there was everything you can expect for breakfast, specially if you are interested for German style breakfast. The best things is the staffs were keep bringing foods continuously and you can eat everything fresh. I strongly recommend you guys to book this hotel you would never regret it and I am sure you will recommend it for your friends and family as I do . Best regards, Fawad Peikar

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Awesome hotel
    • Souterrain Double Room

The absence of iron board but was not a problem really.

Everything was perfect from the very first step after the threshold of the hotel. The hostess was helpful, room was just great, beds comfortable and the breakfast was tasty. This is basically BINGO combo for a great Berlin weekend. There are 3 s/u-bahn stations nearby which will bring you to the city center within minutes.

Very comfortable but too far out.

The location wasn't ideal. It was on an underground or a train line but either way you had to change to get to the city. It took about half an hour.

The building was 1920's, very nice, room was large and comfortable, bathroom was modern. The breakfast was excellent, with the best selection of deli meats, cheese and breads that I have seen in a hotel of this class.

Excellent deal!

Breakfast could have more hot meal options (I found only hot boiled eggs). But as it was included for free, its hard to complain. Location is not center, you will basically need to use public transport to go somewhere. But form other hand, you get quite and calm place to stay.

I really liked that it provides free parking in the hotel territory or near in the street. Breakfast included. Nice and cozy hotel in general. Honestly, for the price and whats included - it was the best deal! There is a public park near by, where you can get some south Asian street food! Pictures I added.

Comfortable bed and room, excellent breakfast and handy to public transport and road links.
    • Souterrain Double Room

What I most missed was some way to make myself a herbal tea in the evening - no tea/coffee making facilities in room and none in the common area.

Our souterrain room was nice and cool (in hot weather) and quiet. The bed was comfortable (and not too hard like in many places). The breakfast was great - really appreciated the fresh fruit and yoghurt as well as bread and cheeses/meats. We were given good directions to U- and S-bahns and local restaurants. It was great to have CNN (English-language) news on TV.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Location is very good.

Grumpy greeting with check-in; arguing about my last name. In every corner of the small bathroom black hair. No fitting sheets (!) on the bad, therefor horrible night sleep. Vending machine right in front of room = noisy

Location is very good. Parking is very convenient and the room size for 1 person is fine

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Really horrible services and rooms.

My stay in Hotel Villa Kinstanz was my worst experience with hotel, which almost ruined my vacation. I paid 948 Euro for 3 rooms, 4 nights in total. It was so horrible that I cancelled my staying the second morning, and I only got less than 80 euros back. 1. It was extremely noisy even with closed windows because it is close to the Main Street. My whole family barely slept the night we stayed there. 2. The rooms were not clean enough, the moment we opened the door, you can see spider net hanging on the lamp, the floor was not cleaned properly. 3. The facility was not functioning well. One of the three rooms ran out of electricity when my sister was using the hair drying machine. Another room had a clogging sink when we tried to use it. Lots of disgusting things kept piping out when the water was in the sink. The WiFi can not be connected when I was in the room, I had to come to the lobby to use the internet. 4. The reception was extremely bad at their service. The day we arrived was almost 35 degrees in Berlin. I asked the receptionist if they had Air Conditioning, he was laughing at me by saying, “ so you want to get a 3-star hotel with AC by paying that amount of money?”, with an really annoying attitude. Actually, I paid just 15% more price and got a 4 star hotel afterwards. 5. The working staff kept blaming the guests when something went wrong. When we found the room was very dirty. We reported it to the receptionist, the receptionist thought we pulled and push the furnitures so the dirty stuff came out. But actually we didn’t. Since there were no reception service after 8pm in this so called “hotel”. I told one of the working staff that the sink was clogging, she told me that it was good before we checked in. But we didn’t use it at all.

the breakfast

One night in Berlin

The room, a family room on the top floor with not elevator, come on!!! Also 38degs and not air conditioning and a fan with a 2 hour timer, And to finish it off the staff member who booked us in was so rude, yes we arrived 2 hours late due to a major accident and the road being closed, and travelling 14 hours to get there, sorry I would not recommend this hotel to any family’s

The breakfast was very good

The staff is extra friendly and helpful.

The staff is extra friendly and helpful. It was our first time visiting Berlin and they helped with everything we've asked, including tram tickets and parking in the city centre. The breakfast was also great with plenty of options.

Nice place shame about the location & wifi.

It was a fair walk to nearest underground station. You have to pay upon arrival not check-out. Often found no staff there. My wifi kept saying it was connected but it never worked on either my phone or tablet.

The room, breakfast, it was clean, good value.

Truly a pampering establishment.

Rooms have no air conditioning, just fans! Could be a problem for some travelers on hot summer days.

Truly a pampering establishment. Super clean, cozy, with a typical traditional Berlin Athmosphere. Breakfast is extensive and rich. Well kept property!

Nice cozy room, comfortable bed, generous breakfast buffet and great location at a good price

Seating was a little tight in the breakfast room which is small when the hotel is full. It is an older hotel, I believe 100 years old, so this was to be expected, however.

Nice breakfast buffet.

Nice 4 day stay in Berlin

More vegetable options for breakfast would have been great Very noisy (the wooden floor and the thin walls made you hear what your neighbors are doing and which favorite TV shows they like :) ) A bit far from Center but relatively easy to connect with the metro

Bed Breakfast Staff

Breakfast was adequate, variety was a bit lacking, but quite...
    • Souterrain Double Room

I am getting older and I was not real wild about the stairs (but you can't have everything). The bottom floor rooms (read basement) are down a narrow set of winding stairs that can be a bit of a challenge.

Breakfast was adequate, variety was a bit lacking, but quite good and clean and fresh. It is an old hotel and full of wondrous things to look at and enjoy. They have done a lot with what they had to work with and really keep the place clean. Parking is a little challenging; however it is close to underground and bus lines. Manager really tries to help you get the most out of your visit to Berlin.

Breakfast was ok.
    • Souterrain Double Room

No fridge in the room, no glasses in the room, just two mugs.

Breakfast was ok. Car parking was easy and free and safe, 10 points! Hotel has good situation. Quality/ price 10 points.

Good accommodation with good breakfast and free parking in a safe neighborhood

No elevator. No problem for me but for the others might have been. Doors could be better isolated

Very good breakfast. Really good one with cute Easter accents. Parking under the small roof in the back of a property for free! 7min walk to Uban (metro) and very quite and safe neighborhood. The relation price -and conditions really good.

Lovely, cosy, comfortable place with super nice staff
    • Souterrain Double Room

It's a very cosy, comfortable place, a bit outside the center but if you are by car, you shouldn't hesitate as you can part easily near the villa.

Beautiful, quiet, comfortable, and affordable

This isn't a negative - just something that happened. A picture, on its own, fell from the wall in the hallway at about 0500 (my daughter woke me at 0230) on our first morning. It startled me. It may be smart to check the fasteners as no one was in the hall when it fell.

We were a family of four traveling from a couple hours away. They have free on-site, covered parking. There are a couple excellent restaurants just a short walk away. The room we stayed in had a queen (?) sized bed and a twin. All four of us slept in the queen sized bed (my kids are 1 yo and 3 yo) and there was plenty of room. There was a seating area and t.v. as well as an armoire and desk. There was a full bath right off the entry where there was additional space to hang coats, purses, etc. The breakfast spread is excellent. They have a super fast coffee machine (pick your poison by pressing a button), a selection of cheeses, breads, yogurt, juice, cereal, cured meats, fresh fruits and vegetables, smoked salmon, fresh milk, eggs, etc. After a couple spills, they even graciously offered us a vinyl table cloth, which really made breakfast much less stressful. I would most definitely stay here again.

Home Alone Villa!

Very nice big rooms. Great breakfast. Beautiful christmas decorations! From the first moment we felt at home and the villa gave us a christmas spirit boost. Very nice family who runs the hotel.

It was a great stay with friendly staff.
    • Souterrain Double Room

Property owner and all the staff out there were very friendly and cooperative.I checked in quite early than the scheduled time,i said that I have a baby with me and they really understood the situation and immediately offered me the stay...

Average
    • Souterrain Double Room

It’s quite far from a city centre and public transport as well as uber is a bit expensive. I would recommend to find a closer facility if you can. Breakfast was in a small room and it felt overcrowded. We weren’t very comfortable.

Price, wifi, friendly staff, free breakfast and parking 👌🏻

WiFi did not work in our room and we don't appreciate being yelled at by their internet guy.

WiFi did not work in our room #23. The internet guy was very rude and said it was our new phones that didn't work. We could get their WiFi on the stairs outside our room, but not inside our room through the thick walls. He kept yelling at us that it was our fault. We were not rude and didn't yell back. We stayed in many hotels during our month long trip traveling throughout Europe and we had NO issues anywhere else. I didn't think to ask about an elevator so we hauled our 4 suitcases up 3 flights of stairs.

Loved the tiny decorative lights inside the hotel and in the outside garden space. Very fun and festive decorations.

Good option for a cheap stay - but do not expect too much.
    • Souterrain Double Room

The quality of service in the hotel could be better. The room was dirty and was never cleaned even once during our 9-night stay. There was spider web in some of the corners. Towels were not always replaced upon our request. The room was very small and tight. The building doesn't have an elevator - was never a concern for us, but may be for others.

We have chosen to stay in this hotel since it was the cheapest available option in Berlin to answer our needs: located very close to both S-Bahn and U-Bahn, good breakfast, strong Wi-fi, private shower. This list summarizes about everything positive I can say about this property. The staff were also very friendly (though with very limited English) and overall this hotel has good value for money.

A very nice stay, at a nice old-fashioned villa. I felt at home. And I felt welcome. Nothing pre-fab

I can't think of anything that could be better.

The breakfast was excellent. Very friendly man at the reception. Very helpful. Nice that you can sit in the garden. Good old-fashioned hospitality and atmosphere.

If this property is an 8 star, i dont want to know what a 7 star hotel might be like.

The hotel looked NOTHING like the pictures in Booking.com. The room was not very clean, spider web hanging from the light fixtures, there was a hole in the wall by the nightstand, towels were torn on the edges, the bathtub had a door on one side, but not on another so i had to end up mopping the bathroom each time we used. No room or accomodations for children. We had a baby with us, and not even a highchair for breakfast in the morning. On sunday we called the hotel while we were out about 15 times as we wanted to ask if we could extend to explore a little more of Berlin, no one ever answered. When we arrived back that evening, we rang the bell and waited for 20 minutes for the attendant to show and tell my husband reception was closed. ???

The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was vey good.

100 euro per night is the maximum one should pay for this property.
    • Souterrain Double Room

Felt like I was asking a host to stay at his apartment rather than a paying customer at the hotel.

400 euro per night for the room in the basement facing the road is way too much. Moved to the hotel next day for 125 euro per night (with decent breakfast included) and it was much, much better value for money.

Lovely place to stay

No air conditioning/ cooler in the room, blanket was too thick for summer weather.

Very clean, Cosy. Easy to reach by public transport. Breakfast was super.

Cosiness of staying at a luxury villa is better than staying at 5-star hotels.

Access to the city centre with public transport takes so much time. Fortunately, we had a rental car during our stay, so it was not a problem for us. Consider this if you are going to use public transport in Berlin.

The concept of the hotel was amazing. The rooms are well-designed and well-furnished. The common areas are also stylish. Housekeepers are amazing people. There was a huge variety of meats in the breakfast, you can even eat horse meat if you are interested! We check-in pretty late, but thanks to the owners, they left the keys to a box opened with a password and sent us the instructions on how to get the keys and the other necessary info via e-mail.

Very chique overnight for nice money!

We liked everything...

Fantastic breakfast and the female owner was extremely nice. We also have been given a huge and comfortable bedroom in the upper floor, as requested.

Perfect place to stay for your visit to Berlin!

No dislikes at all

Absolutely no complaints about the accommodation. Breakfast choices were excellent and the hotel is perfectly places for local dining and shops and also for the trains and buses for a little further afield.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Nice old villa redone into a hotel.

Nice old villa redone into a hotel. For a small, hotel, breakfast was excellent. Great selection and perfect soft boiled eggs. Very nice and relatively quiet location with a great access to public transport.

Berlin at his Top

Perhaps the plumbing should be checked, but everything else was top.

Breakfast is fabulous, very tasty and various, everyday different and very rich. Location is very good-S Bahn and U Bahn 10 minutes away with connections for all the important attractions. Room was large, beds very confortable and bathroom huge. Nice Villa on a nice street with a lot of parking places free - and that in Berlin!!! We will come with pleasure again

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Great stay, clean, budget friendly, within walking distance to some great areas.
    • Souterrain Double Room

The one way street can be a little difficult to get out of from the parking area during busy traffic, but well worth it with the covered parking area.

Close enough you can walk to Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church near the hop on hop off bus location and to other areas of Berlin. Covered parking. Area felt safe. We walked to many attractions in Berlin and always felt very safe.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Quaint and cozy - quality option.

The location was wonderful - close to public transportation. It is in a quiet part of the city and was within walking distance to the sports park where our tournament was held.

If you like supper clean and knit, this is not your place
    • Souterrain Double Room

We did not like breakfast. Koffee machine not good, Fruits was not really fresh...They have to change breakfast. ( without thinking " o this is free.. OK" not..i better pay,but have good breakfast. In genaral, who like boutique style hotel ... .. that's ok.

We like late check in . Well organized. Key was outside . Very convenient. Free parking on the back. Good. Area not bad.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Comfy stay

Really nice and cozy rooms, you will feel like at home. Nice staff, car parking available under the roof, location is great - 10min walk to U or S-bahn.

Everything is good, recommand to stay

no elevator, but staff help us move luggages to 3F

1. Free parking 2. Delicious breakfast 3. good location 4. there are lots of good restaurants nearby 5. cloased to metro(~5mins by walking)

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Nice place

Towels were pretty worn out

Nice addition was to have smart TV in the room with youtube etc. access. In general very nice accommodation in the style or US bed and breakfast villas.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Good breakfast.

Not very nice location, but not far from U Bahn. A bit outdated bathrooms, which would need some remodeling. The bathroom needs more intensive cleaning.

Good breakfast. Free parking. Comfortable beds. Fast wi-fi.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Beautiful hotel-nice location

The stuff was good but no so friendly..they do not provide many info.. luckily there are many maps with excursions and activities in the hotel where you can be informed.

The hotel was very nice..a beautiful old house with a courtyard. The breakfast was really good and the location was close to a metro station.. about 7-8 minutes walking..

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Christmas at Hotel Konstanz!

Enjoyed our stay at Villa Konstanz. Staff was super friendly and helpful, room was spacious and clean, and the bed was very comfortable. There are two subway stations in walking distance and a gas station right around the corner. There is covered parking and it is free of charge! WiFi was excellent and the breakfast buffet had a good variety and offered something for everyone. Good value for the price and we will be staying there again!

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Very nice hotel!

Very nice hotel! Great atmosphere! Very clean! Breakfast is also great! Also want to note the excellent work of the manager !!!!! Despite the late evening, he dropped everything and decided our problem! A special thank him for it !!!!!

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Very personable staff, delicious breakfast, nice comfortable...

Shower drain was slow, which did not allow for full shower pressure to be used

Very personable staff, delicious breakfast, nice comfortable rooms, shower pressure and temp

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Arrived late to a warm and friendly reception.

Nothing. A well run hotel with better service and quality than some I have stayed in for almost double the price.

Arrived late to a warm and friendly reception. staff spoke excellent English. Was lead to my family room through the wonderful Xmas decorations in the hallway. The room was big and fresh. Comfortable beds. Nice big bath and shower. Excellent wifi. And the room was thoroughly cleaned every day. Breakfast was pleantyful and many options to eat and drink. Again exteamly friendly staff. Will return here again.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Decent Wi-Fi connection.

The plumming was awfull. Begining of December and the heating system was not working. The sink was clogging all the time. The floor was not straight, it was leaning to one side. No elevator.

Decent Wi-Fi connection. Free Netflix, pre-installed on TV.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Pleasant, small hotel

It's a friendly, family-run hotel, conveniently located close to underground stations, and within walking distance of Ku'damm. They serve good buffet-style breakfast. My room was decently sized and comfortable. Wi-fi ran smoothly. Nothing to complain about.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Great Family Friendly place to stay.

To let you know in advance what floor your room would be on; would be very helpful to travelers.

The breakfast were extremely Family Friendly. Hotel was within walking distance to three stations for trains. A laundry facilulty was also fairly close. The staff help with reservations at a local restaurant.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Marathon 2018 geschafft!!!

No safe, no fridge, poor breakfast, no coffee nor tea in the room.

big bathroom, free parking, localization

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Everything.

I missed a fan or ac. it was really hot in berlin at the time.

Everything. Great breakfast, comfy bed, and really nice staff. Loved my stay!!

Very hot in room, no air conditioning or fan

Bathroom

Bathroom

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Very Very Good!
    • Souterrain Double Room

A little bit far from city center

Very Very Good!

Breakfast was very good, lot of choice.

Breakfast was very good, lot of choice. Staff is super helpful, building and room were very nice and clean! Highly reccomended :)

amazing place :))

no thing

everything :))) staff very good parking great .. location so nice

Good
    • Souterrain Double Room

Flexibility and optimistics approach od owner

Price was OK and manager / owner was funny theregore ratingových is better than would be

Safe and nice place to stay, comfortable room.

The noise from the street during night.

Very nice to have a garden to relax in!

Bathroom...

Quiet place.

Cosy
    • Souterrain Double Room

Pillows are not comfortable. Stuff do not understand English well.

Cosy

Very nice, clean and light room. The bed was really comfortable!

We had early flight home and we asked the owner to pre-order a taxi us for morning. The taxi was exactly 4.30 am in front of the hotel. Good work!

The room is very big and comfortable.

The room is very big and comfortable. There is a privat parking place without extra charge.

comfortable place in west berlin

Small issues with cleanliness. Room service bothered with repair services before check out.

Location, private backyard parking, coziness, comfort bed.

Rooms comfortable and staff friendly

More flexible check in times for business customers

Rooms comfortable and staff friendly

It was very clean and quiet.

Nothing much. All good.

It was very clean and quiet.

Great value !

Great family atmosphere, good breakfast

Extremely clean.

No supermarkets nearby.

Extremely clean. Nice People. Very good breakfast. Good position to go everywhere. 3 undergroun station to choose all 500 m.

Great breakfast

Great breakfast very friendly staff

Near the metro station
    • Souterrain Double Room

Rooms No shampoo, kettle, Bathroom is small Uninterested staff All room keys are same

Near the metro station

Sehr gut

Sehr gut

good value for money, overall recommended for short stay

matress was too soft, pillows also too soft

Good value and location

Interior look of main hall. Very beautiful.

Very good value for the price.

No A/C

Decent breakfast which you could expect from 3-star hotel; nice-looking villa with antique interior.

very good breakfast

a bit noisy because of the street

very good breakfast

Good breakfast.

There is no dinner options at the hotel.

Good breakfast. Very good bed at room"Kurfurstendam". Very nice perosnel