Reviews of Hilton Frankfurt City Centre This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Hochstr. 4, 60313 Frankfurt/Main, Germany

#63 of 221 hotels in Frankfurt/Main

4.4

• Twin Guestroom

We got room on the floor where renovation was taking place ( it wan't noisy or messy, but still). In room for 2 people we did not have: - No slippers (after asking on reception we got 1 pair... you know - for two people...) - No dental kits (no toothbrushes, no toothpaste) - No combs - No shoe brush/sponge - No shoe-spoon. For 4 days Wi-Fi costs around 65-70 EURO, upon speaking with reception we were told that if we share our e-mails we will get free wi-fi. It was free until the evening, then again changed to payed option. Upon new chat with reception we were told "just press the buy button, we won't charge you". Sounds great but I never trust hotels that says these thing - if they will charge you, there won't be any chance you could prove you're right (there are no written evidence and people at reception changes every day). Breakfast is a little bit plain, but ok in overall.

Fast check-in, fast check-out. Hotel in the center of the city ~15min walking to all central historical places.

• King Executive Panorama Room with Executive Lounge Access

The elevators, the variety of food in the executive lounge and the windows in the room with panorama view needed a clean up

Reception staff were exvellent as we checked in and out. Big thank you to Frau Courtney at the front desk.

• Twin Guestroom

This hotel has a expensive internet access ,...

Located in a cultural zone of Frankfurt city , good access to Opera , Theatre, Cinema and also Walking street , shopping malls ... Enjoy Masaretti Showroom in front of hotel ... Every things you want with in walking distance .

• Twin Guestroom

Very noisy at night. We could not sleep well. Some party might be held at ground floor. The sound echoed in our room. Connection to free wi-fi is little complicated.

Room is very clean and staff are friendly.

• Queen Room

Receptionist were very young and inexperienced trainees. could not answer questions. just repeated answers they were told. I almost missed my plane becasue of a confirmation they gave to me but did not communşcate to the next day receptionists.

• Twin Guestroom

-wifi internet not free unless you subscribe for certin member ship of the hotel. -the air conditioning was poor even i want to change the fan power the technicen came after i request him he said leave it on auto,,which is the same in the start.

location,,friendly stuff

• Deluxe King Room with Park View

very bad meals in the hotel restaurant, limited options, you have to wait a long time to get the dishes. room is under my expectation as a Hilton hotel room. actually I even doubted whether it is the real Hilton or not.

• Queen Room

As a normal "double bed " , the bed was small, the cusions not great. The staff are polite but no more than that. When the room was cleaned iafter 15.30 and bed pulled up, not re-done. The one dinner - the soup was good the service and meal-salad dreadful. Dressinggowns in room - no slippers - these apparently one has to phone for????? Hotel generally - a little dated.

Position is great. Room is a really good size. Good size modern TV with some English stations.

• Twin Guestroom

No internet in the rooms...had to be hilton honors member first...internet access in the rooms will make it worth the money

I liked the facilities, very clean and is at the center of the city...near shopping and restaurants

• King Executive Room with Executive Lounge Access

The mattress in the room was very hard, I could not sleep well. Although the room was on the 10th floor, there were mosquitos in the room! I complained to the hotel staff three times about it, but they did not do anything about it. Finally, on the third day, I bought my own insects spray. I stayed for 5 nights; the room key card was deactivating on its own. I had to reactivate the key at least 6 times during my stay. Of course, when I get to the 10th floor room, the key would not open, so I had to go back down to the reception to fix the room key card. The executive lounge was very poor, small, and did not have much to offer. I would not recommend it.

The hotel location was good, close to the centre. Room size was good. Breakfast was very good.

- The swimming pool is one of the best I've ever seen in a hotel - The room is clean and properly maintained - Right in the heart of Frankfurt city center (5 minutes walk to main shopping center)

The bed was quiet uncomfortable. Also the shower used to switch from cold to hot which was very unpleasant. And last but not least, you still have to pay for internet (in this day and age!). If you decide to become an Honors Member, they offered you internet for free. But if you already ARE member and didn’t book directly through their website but through an other platform, you had to pay for internet, which was quiet expensive on top! So basically as an Honors Member you get penalized hard if you don’t book directly through their website. A “punishment” system is never a wise route to chose. Especially if you want guests to come back.

Great location! Everything was in walking distance.

The CI, CO procedures were slightly unprofessional and really lacked energy. At CO, we weren't asked, whether we enjoyed our stay (which is really the least I'd expect). The hospitality was better at Fitness First, than at your hotel. Moreover, disappointed about the breakfast: There was no fresh orange juice :( Also, the fried eggs were miserably wobbly. When I asked the staff to make them less wobbly, the eggs were taken back to the kitchen and came back 10 minutes later looking exactly the same. I am happy to come in and do a fried-eggs-workshop for you guys ;)

It was very clean. The free Fitness First usage was nice for workouts and sauna. Also, when I ordered toothpaste and a thicker blanket, both came quite timely.

2 hours waiting in the Lobby just to get an early check in, even thought we paid them 50 euros Extra. The room doesnt match the specifications in booking, it was too tiny while they wrote its 29 sqm. It was really a bad experience in that hotel.

The Location.

• King Executive Room with Executive Lounge Access

Executive club lounge was a disappointment...compared to other executive lounges worldwide..small, poor range of snacks and they start rushing you 15 to 20 minutes before closing time...not pleasant

Excellent service and choice at breakfast, comfortable room , great location

• Deluxe King Room with Park View

The heating system didn’t work the staff Actually didn’t take any responsibility and only after many phones someone just says they can’t fix it Any case it’s a potty as per today I didn’t get any response from the hotel

The sport Jim is exellent

n/a

Planned a surprise stay and got for a small amount a upgrade to a very nice room and with access to the executive lounge. Service there where superb.

• Twin Guestroom

The staff at the reception was rude and so insensitive. They didn’t find the reservation and they told me “you have booking, we are hilton” in a very bad manners. After complaining they finally found the reservation. The rest os the staff at restaurant and club was so nice.

The hotel is very well located.

Heating sistem not working, and temperature in the room is too low. Outside was around zero, and in the rooms they turn off heating around 22:00.

• Executive Twin Room with Executive Lounge Access

The gym was not really part of the hotel although it can be used for free the spa is not supervised and if you call for a massage treatment gym people will answer and tell you come then your stuck. as you had to call for a service from out side the hotel

Breakfast was great, food in general was very good. in city center so location was great for walk around Executive lounge was good - staff friendly.

• Twin Guestroom

The bed was a little too hard. They didn’t renew the Kleenex when it ran out in the bathroom. The breakfast was not the best....cold scrambled eggs and too salty, from the buffet.

The view of the park was nice. The room was spacious and very well designed. Excellent shower was a real treat. I loved the glass elevators rising above the big central reception area of the hotel.

• Deluxe King Room with Park View

Well, when staying in your room you never have the experience of being in a 5 star hotel. (unless you open the mini bar and pay €5 for a coke,and have to spend €24 per day on decent internet or €15 on normal wifi, Then you know, right I'm in a Hilton. Bed was a bit hard but that a personal taste. Pool was alright. But for this price you can get better hotels. Also breakfast €33....

Staff was friendly and decent location.

There was no free drink water and coffee machine available in the room. It’s a standard that every 5star Hotel has to have for the guests.

The Hotel has a really good location and facilities.

Nothing to complain.

Excelent breakfast. Really good location. There is one station of the U-Bahn just around the corner. And it is also near of the tourist attractions (a 10 minute walk). The staff is very helpfull. I strongly recommend stay at this hotel.

Buffet breakfast extremely varied and plenty of food. Location of hotel excellent as walking distance to main shopping centre and easy walk to old town. Subway right next door if required, I found walking fine.

The WiFi was not included and they wanted a ridiculous rate to supply it. The hotel food and drinks were double any establishment nearby.

The location was close to most of the sites. Good restaurants nearby.

• Queen Room

Hard wood floors. We could hear people in room above us walking constantly.

There was an ice machine. It was an easy walk to subway. Staff very friendly and helpful.

That booking Hilton via Booking.com I lost all my Hilton Honors privileges including free wi-fi , points and miles and other nice bonuses..

View from the room was tremendous

• Deluxe Twin Room with Park View

When you pay more than EUR 200 per night Internet should be included - it is not. There was party noise from an adjacent rom twice during our second night. We complained but the party started again at 5 in the morning. We lost some hours sleep.

Friendly and helpful staff Very nice rooms

• Deluxe King Room with Park View

The fact that they neglect the basics ( slippers in the room, bottle of water etc) The rate was double that of an equivelant hotel

Large room Good location Nice bf buffet

Nothing really

Staff were very friendly and helpful Room was spacious and bed comfortable Breakfast was extensive buffet and staff very attentive and polite Property was located nearby to shops and Christmas Markets and other attractions

Staff was at times quite rude Also i jabd to ask 3 times for the bill - the warm/cold water mixer in the shower did not work properly

Late night dining - location

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• King Executive Panorama Room with Executive Lounge Access

The staff gave me a room on normal floors although I booked and paid an executive king room with access to executive lounge , they said the rooms are the same ( however the prices are different) they didnt go ve me access to executive lounge as well although I mentioned to them that I have booked with this option after check in I had to complain so that they make it active for me

The location was fabulous

• Executive Twin Room with Executive Lounge Access

I was surprised that wifi is not included in the very high price for the stay - I travel a lot and most hotels include wifi. The hotel is dated, with no plugs, for instance, near the beds so that plugging in my iPhone as my alarm was too far away from the bedside table to reach - rare nowadays. I found the bed uncomfortable - hard mattress.

• Deluxe King Room with Park View

Extremely expensive for what you are getting. I paid €720/night and it didn't even had slippers in the room. I had to ask for them. I even had to pay WiFI !!! Not any other free refreshments you find in the room of this hotel category, like fruits, water or wine. I travel a lot for business and I stay mostly in 5star hotels all the time. This is my first time I paid so much and received so little.

Good location and very fancy hotel, both lobby interior and room view (Deluxe room).

We stayed in this hotel at the beginning of our trip in August and again in October. We were impressed by this hotel. Easy to get to from the airport. Staff extremely helpful.

• Deluxe King Room with Park View

I don't like the paid wifi. Although I am a HH member, the wifi was still charged to my room, so was not happy with this.

The bed was very comfortable and the rooms were clean and tidy. Perfect for a business trip, will be staying here again!

The rooms were very generic, what you would expect from a business class hotel. I didn't like that we had a room for the disabled which we didn't request nor need.

Breakfast and the food in the bar. The room was ready early as requested. (We had agreed to pay extra for this.)

• Queen Room

I told the staff that I would be there for the one night on my own and that it was my birthday. When I arrived in the room there was a beautiful dessert waiting for me with Happy Birthday written in chocolate on the plate! What a LOVELY touch! The staff were wonderful, my room was lovely and roomy. Very impressed.

• Queen Room

The Valet service was demanded but not confirmed like asked by mail, so I had to park down at a other parking.

Nice croissants indeed (all breakfist was great) Nice hotel with nice view on the city. Very good service.

• Deluxe King Room with Park View

Bad communication from staff in the reception Leeds to block money Wich was not required When I complained they suggested for more blocking in my other card

• Deluxe King Room with Park View

Usage of the internet for checking emails or checking in flights should be included in the room rate, as is the standard in many hotels in other European countries. Internet charges should only apply for high users eg for downloading movies.

Welcoming and helpful staff, excellent location and top facility.

• Queen Room

The view from the room wasn't great, window from the room was facing the lobby which was rather awkward as people from the lobby could look up and see the inside of the room if the curtain is left open. Strange design. Paid WIFI in the room is a big letdown. Staff at the gym mixed up my room card with another and I had to get a new ones from the reception.

Breakfast was great with a wide range of selection. Location was convenient, near to the u-bahn station and easily accessible to other places in town. Some staff are friendly some are not. The park nearby the hotel was beautiful.

• King Executive Panorama Room with Executive Lounge Access

the best hotel in frankfurt the shopping area about 5 min walk this is the fifth time for me booking at this hotel and every visit to this city just Hilton Frankfurt in future i booked panoramic room it was amazing

Has no free wifi in the rooms, only in the lobby area, rooms wifi with charges .... the staff was not so friendly, and the breakfast is less than average!

• Deluxe Twin Room with Park View

Elevators are so so slow and you have to swipe cards to go down even. Because I booked with booking despite the large amount of money paid ( especially for farncfurt that is a very cost efficient for the accomodation..) NO FREE WIFI in the room. Last but not least ancillary services such Laundry were slow (trousers left early morning come back still with the stains and at 7.30 PM after many call and some gentle request at the reception)

Excellent position beautiful garden and public park behind . Availability of fitness and pool. Very large room with large bathroom as well and good shower. Location is next to the U station and short walk to hauptwche an important hub with S9 to the airport.

Nothing ( a bit expensive but i would say it is ok )

It is a lovely 5 star hotel, located relatively central.. close to the most important shopping streets (zeil). The room is very big, the bed is comfortable and the large window with a cit view is amazing. The pool is clean and big enough (suits more athletic activities... not for children water games) the breakfast is delicious with a large selections.

can't suggest any improvement. Our stay was excellent and we look forward to returning in October.

Proximity to attractions. Easy to find way around. Staff excellent.

The water peessure in the bathroom was so week. The bed mattress is not comfortable.

Mr. Anas helps my family too much and he smile all the time. He reflect good reputation for this Hotel.

• King Executive Panorama Room with Executive Lounge Access

executive lounge was not all that. During lunch there is nothing but coffee of tee. Breakfast is okay, Diner nothing to brag about compairing to four or five star hotel especially for the price you're paying

close to shopping area and restaurants. All brand names are only at five minute walk

some bugs on the curtains ... need clean up.. but not a big deal

excellent, stay, easy access to shopping and city center .. excellent breakfast... breakfast stuff were excellent and extremely friendly and welcoming. I do recommend

• Deluxe King Room with Park View

Maybe it should be mentionned clearer the rules for the mixed sauna area.

Location of the hotel, staff very friendly, infrastructure, modern building, room comfort

Free in room wi-if would have been good but not essential in our case.

Fantastic service from polite and attentive staff. Check in was fast and efficient. Room was large, well air conditioned and very comfortable. Huge bed! Large picture windows made the room seem even bigger. Bathroom looked brand new. We had a huge walk in shower and a large bath tub. Storage in the room was ample. Our room on the sixth floor was quiet and peaceful with a side view of the Frankfurt skyline. Breakfast was phenomenal. Enormous amount of choice and food was piping hot or perfectly chilled. Again, staff were attentive and friendly. We stayed for seven nights as we used it as a base for exploring the surrounding area. If we were to return to Frankfurt we wouldn't hesitate in staying here again. Thank you Hilton for making our holiday so fantastic.

We did not enjoy our stay, and experienced three big problems. First of all, this hotel is not at a common Hilton level! It is a very simple hotel, and I am sure that other cheaper hotels in Frankfurt are at the same level. Definitely not worth the money we payed for it. Second, there are reconstruction works in the hotel, which were not mentioned during the booking, even though we booked close to our stay. The hotel was noisy and very dusty, and it was a big problem for us as we traveled with a 15 month old baby. Third, the hotel is not providing complementary wifi service, you ether have to pay for is or join the hilton honorers club. But even after joining, the wifi quality was very very poor, and we hardly could open any website. The valet parking service is very annoying, as sometimes you have your car out, but you can not get in, because the valet just went to park another car and you have to wait for the key. (The cost is 32euro for a night.) The pool, is part of a fitness center, divided in to swimming lanes and is not for a purpose of leisure. So it's not a really kids friendly place, and you can not have a good time as a family there.

The location was ok.

• King Executive Panorama Room with Executive Lounge Access

Service could have been a little better.

Food and accommodation are excellent. Also, the facilities (pool, gym, business center) are much better than you'd expect at any hotel.

The Hilton Hotel is in a great location, in walking distance to local eateries and shopping. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. The staff were great and our children loved the park behind the hotel. We would definitely stay here again.

It is really incredible that in 2017 you still Need to pay WIFI in the rooms (15€ a day!!). Super anacronistic!

We have travelled with a wheelchair relative and the service the hotel provided was really great. Super friendly personnel, good room, large Elevators, everything great!

I dont get it that you still have to pay for Internet. You can get it for free, but you first have to sign up at a hilton Club something. Parking is very expencive. 32 Euros per 24 hours is too much. On Weekend you can Park for free around the corner.

Service was perfect, very friendly. Lokation was perfect. Room and bed as very nice. Breakfast was also very ok, but very expencive. But i guess thats Frankfurt. thanx.

• Twin Guestroom

1) Hilton charge for Internet unless you join their club. Charging for internet in hotels went out with the ark ( or at least I thought it had). 2) Room looking a bit tired. 3) No usual extras in the room such as shoeshine kit, nail kit etc.

1) Staff are super friendly and professional 2) Breakfast buffet ranks as one of the best I have seen in Germany 3) The location is very convienent

• King Executive Panorama Room with Executive Lounge Access

Everything is cool except one thing and is not a big problem, which is the juice in the breakfast was always hot Everything else was magnificent

The hotel is excellent, the wifi was fast and the service was awesome, the room is big and letterly 5 star hotel, everything was just awesome and the staff is very nice

We arrived at Frankfurt for a Coldplay concert, the tickets were supposed to be sent to the hotel. When we checked in, a day before the concert, we asked at the reception twice if the tickets have arrived and we were told that they don't see any letter addressed to us, on the day of the show we also asked twice if the tickets have arrived and still the reception staff told us they don't see any letters for us. Only after waisting 3 hours on the phone with the company we bought the tickets from and getting very stressed an uncomfortable, thinking we weren't going to receive our tickets, we were finally told by the ticket company that they talked to the hotel and the tickets were in fact at the hotel since a day before. very unprofessional from the reception staff, ruined all of Saturday morning of the concert.

Breakfast was very good and the staff in the dining area was very nice and courteous. The location of the hotel was absolutely great, very convenient and very short walking . distance to almost everywhere we wanted to go

• King Junior Suite with Executive Lounge Access

During my stay they cut the water in the hotel for aabout 12 hours for maintenance and they said we give 2 complimentry bottels of water !! , and when i asked them why you didnt tell about the maintenance before they said because ypu booked through booking we couldnt reach you !!!! Then i told them what about at the check in also you couldnt reach me !? All what i get is (we sorry), also one more thing check your bill before check out they add a whole meal to my bill by mistake

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

This is really a pity: The location is in principle very convenient, however, rooms facing the street cannot be recommended for people that are even slightly sensitive to noise at night. There were so many extremely loud cars "racing" or showing of their vehicles on the streets close to the hotel. I woke up 6-7 times in one night (room on the 8th floor). Maybe it was just a conincidence and a special night for owners of noisy cars in Frankfurt, but if you want to avoid the risk, book a room on the Park-side (should be better there?).

Convenient stay. Pool very nice for active swimmers (water temperature cold). Good breakfast, even though it was crowded on Sunday morning. Very friendly and helpful staff. Room+bathroom very clean.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Two hotel staff (whom we presumed were bell staff as they were in a counter with luggage trolleys behind them)who were in deep conversation when we arrived and simply ignored us. We have 6 large suit cases and 4 small trolleys. They dont belong to hospitality service.

Rooms are adequate in size

• Twin Guestroom

The pool was cold but then not surprising for a lap pool. There's little room in the room refrigerator to place any of your own items. These are minor details.

The breakfast buffet is extensive and the service very good. We had a view of the park from our room and that was very peaceful. The lap pool was large with a great view of the park. We enjoyed using the pool several times. There was a good selection of English TV channels for my son.

• Queen Room

If I said anything, I would be pedantic.

The atrium design of the hotel gives very positive impression the moment you walk into the foyer. Spacious, clean and spotless, the staff are very professional and extremely good at their job.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Twin Guestroom

Fick problem med vår safebox. Tog väldigt lång tid innan vi fick hjälp med den. Vi kom inte åt våra värdesaker och fick sitta vänta på rummet. Ringde och påminde 4 ggr. Dom borde prioritera ett sånt ärende. Sedan att man tar betalt för wifi på rummet på ett femstjärnigt hotell känns väldigt märkligt. Det är de dock inte ensamma om.

Utmärkt frukost. Fin relaxavdelning. Nära till tunnelbanan. Trevlig hotellbar som hade öppet sent.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• King Executive Room with Executive Lounge Access

room was very noisy. above the executive room was the executive lounge which was making so much noise that it was hard to sleep. I'll never come back to this hotel. On top of this executive rooms didn't even offer free wifi or water. Ridiculous

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Queen Room

Arrived thirty minutes before official check in time and even though there were available rooms they wanted to charge me for EARLY CHECK IN. I ended up waiting in the lobby for thirty minutes before they checked me in. Outrageous. Also, no free internet in the rooms, and the shower drains very slowly.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and comfortable,

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

• Deluxe King Room with Park View

Check-in time is not flexible. Busy hotel with long lines.wifi only free in common area.

Room was clean and comfortable. Neat location within walking distance to shopping and great restaurants (Black Star is a great place to eat).

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Queen Room

Payment for WiFi in a Hilton guest room is a "cheap" annoyance. WiFi is routinely provided as a free guest service in most other hotels of similar (or lower Star rating). Another 'negative'was the lack of disposable room slippers in the room. These are minor things, but Hilton's competitors routinely provide such services/amenities for their guests.

The most positive thing was the friendliness, helpfulness, and efficiency of the Reception, Breakfast Room, and Housekeeping staff. The breakfast was very good with a wide range of food choices available. (Note: Eggs cooked-to-order, and coffee styles other than the routine filter coffee, have to be ordered at the table through the waiters).

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Deluxe King Room with Park View

there prices where a bit over rated. room rates and food prices are expensive.

the beds where lovely and comfortable and access to the rooms where very secure

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Twin Guestroom

My room was above a nightclub! I couldnt sleep for 2 nights, i was on a business trip and no one from frontdesk told me that my room right above a club where the music plays till 6 am and pleople are allowed to smoke.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Deluxe King Room with Park View

No free wifi in room Bathroom lights was broken

We arriver just 30 mnts before chk in time They said we will charge you 50 euro !! Imagine Plus no free wifi in room Reception staff never smile

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Facilities look a bit dated, although in very good condition. Room cleaning was knocking at the door every 5 minutes (literary), and some of the reception staff not polite enough (trying to be too smart). Internet should be free of charge, especially because of the horrible speed it provides.

Best possible location in Frankfurt. Everything is in walking distance. Very good breakfast. Best cocktail bar in the City.

Browse Hilton Frankfurt City Centre traveller photo gallery