Reviews of Hilton Munich City 4 stars

Rosenheimer Str. 15, Au-Haidhausen, 81667 Munich, Germany

#252 of 349 hotels in Munich

6.1

There is construction occurring at the hotel. The first room we got was very noisy and I had to be quite insistent to get them to change the room. The second room was better. The breakfasts were excellent and the rest of the staff that we met were very helpful. Unfortunately, the S bahn to the center was not working for the weekend and the replacement bus left you a long walk to the center, but that is not the hotel's fault.

I asked a question about my reservation one day before the staying and someone from the hotel told me that there was no booking at my name. After time spent from my side to send the confirmation from booking.com and a phone call to the hotel (with a very nasty employee answering) they recognized that there was a mistake from their side. Furthermore, parking place has no direct access to the hotel, and the mechanical stairs were not working. Room was fine in general, enough space but quite cold (heater did not work, only air conditioning with cold air) To summarize, a disappointing stay. We will not go back. There are better hotels in the surrounding area.

Good location, close to the city center.

The S-Bahn is less than 50 meter from the hotel. I used S 8 directly from Munich airport to the hotel. Also the hotel is a walking distance to the Deutsches museum, marinplatz and Karlplatz. I also liked the breakfast which was reach and delicious.

Arrived in hot weather and the air con was not working, so poor nights’ sleep. Building work during the day was disruptive.

Very helpful staff; excellent breakfast choice; comfy beds; quiet in room even though hotel on main road

While we were told there would be construction work, being woken up by hammering before 8am on a Saturday morning seemed excessive. Surely 9 am is an appropriate time to start work in a hotel on a Saturday. On top of this the general cleanliness was poor for an international hotel with the Hilton name.

Only stayed for the weekend- the coffee on the last morning was ok

The currently ongoing renovation of the Hotel was not pre-announced. Access from/to parking was inconvenient and complicated. Already visible results of the remodeling of the Hotel looked great though (e.g. Lobby)

I have booked the hotel through booking.com and the payment supposed to be at the property. I sent an e-mail to the hotel and asked do not block any amounts on my debit card. They replied me that only amount for one night will be blocked and the rest I will pay at the property, I agreed wirh this. When I arroved, they blocked two more amounts for the rest days and for the deposit without even asking me! In the end, they blocked amount, they charged me additionaly for the whole stay and after I left the hotel they charged me one more time!!! Actually I paid three times more!!! Definetly not the safest hotel where you can give your CC details!!! I want to get my money back!!!!

• Deluxe Twin Room

There was building going on. Sat am. Tapping by builder in next door room started at 6.30.Too early. Breakfast was in different dining room(having work done) choice not as good as normal.

Staff were excellent. Very helpful and friendly.

My wife (in a wheelchair) needs an accessible room. On arrival we were informed that no accessible rooms are currently available due to the refurbishment work. So we asked whether the bathroom of a standard room has enough room to manoeuvre a wheelchair and were told affirmatively that there is. This is clearly false, and my wife could not transfer onto the toilet as she could not position herself close enough; in the end I had to lift her each time she needed to go. We were also told that they would send a bath stool for the bath tub, for my wife to sit on during a shower. This was not arranged, so we had to call reception in the morning to arrange one. Why? Why was this not arranged immediately on arrival? When it eventually arrived, the stool barely fitted in the bath tub. Do these people not understand basic health and safety? How would they like to shower on a rickety bath stool when your balance is severely compromised? Another compounding issue is that we had a three-year-old girl who needed a spare bed to be brought into the room. (Surprisingly this was arranged without a conversation with reception.) However, an extra bed in the room restricted the space pretty badly, in effect restricting my wife's movements to one half of the room. Everything was cramped and, again, this obvious problem did not register with the staff. To sum up, the customer service at this hotel is full of false promises and lacks any understanding of the needs of each individual. Avoid like the plague especially if your mobility is in any way compromised.

The breakfast was very good, and the bed was very comfortable.

The hotel was under construction. Couldn’t get my invoice when I checked out. I was told the invoice was going to be mailed.

The room was clean and comfortable.

I like the gym and the location and the car park. I will judge the rest once the refurbishment is done, otherwise best not to send out this type of survey, which cannot reflect the full potential of the property. I also believe that guests should not have to pay for wifi and drinking water. Best to calculate this in your rate.

I think it is unfair to ask for a review or these questions online, whilst the property is under refurbishment, as the online score does not reflect what the hotel is and should be. I hope this helps put the online answers into context.

To old and now it's under renovation it will finish 2019 so I have to wait until that time

This is my hotel more than 10 years I like the place because clean good location nice people I don't like to go to another hotel

The hotel was in the process of remodeling. Our bathroom was a little “tired.” There were no USB ports. Directions were a little unclear how to exit train directly into hotel and it is a bit confusing to newcomers, but once staff explained it went well.

Our room was clean and quiet. Reception staff was especially helpful, professional and friendly.

The hotel is so worn out. Hard to believe this is a Hilton. No swimming pool in the hotel. The hotel's floral arrangement has not a bit of taste. They use fake flowers in many places. The only real and miserable flower is the white orchid, that is supermarket arrangement level with a poor bronze coated glass vase. The executive lounge is totally a mess. No service provided in the morning, nothing to eat when it is after 9 p.m.. The whole lobby is full of the flavor of the fried pork or sausages, which comes from the buffet in the lobby corner. The elevator is in blue paint, looks like a sixty years old. Basically speaking, no more again to this hotel.

The location is perfect, especially for an Asian cause there are Chinese and Vietnamese supermarket nearby, a small Thai restaurant. Isar river is just around the corner. Deutsche Museum, Marienplatz are all within the walking distance. The S-Bahn is right in the -2 level of the hotel, you can go to the airport directly by train. The staff is friendly and professional.

Wifi was a bit slow, would have been nice if the lobby bar was open all day.

Excellent Hilton Breakfast. Room was good size and comfortable. Location is ideal with 35 min train direct from airport. Staff were friendly and helpful with any questions. Amenities were very good.

Property undergoing comprehensive renovation without announcing it! Main parts of the property closed for renovation. Carpeting of guest room area is very smelly and guests had to use cargo and staff elevators

Location and breakfast

The Hotel does need restyling, many details in the rooms are old as well as the common spaces (corridors, elevators, reception, etc.).

Great location and very convenient parking. The S-Bahn is reachable directly from the Hotel (Rosenheimer Platz)!

I've stayed at this hotel previously, for conferences, and I came back with my family this week (August 2017). The hotel is undergoing a major renovation, and because of this, the lounge/reception section is much smaller, guests have to use the service elevators, and the room we stayed in was not as large or well appointed as expected. The pricing was a bit cheaper than the standard rate, but had I known about the construction, I would have stayed elsewhere. My rating reflects this lack of transparency to guests.

The breakfast is fantastic with a very diverse buffet!

Nothing in specific. The room I stayed, may require maintenance / should be renovated.

Nice location, good breakfast spread, friendly and cooperative staff.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Deluxe Twin Room

I had booked a room with seating to have a bit more space whereas my room only had a chair. I saw other rooms on my floor had sofas but when I enquired at reception I was told that the chair was the seating arrangement!!?? So therefore left feeling cheated.

The bed and pillows were very comfy. Good selection at breakfast.

Not clean rooms! Loud street if you don't get a quiet room (woke me up) Toilet ridiculously small Old carpets everywhere which smelled

Probably nothing other then the sausages at breakfast and the understanding staff

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Had trouble heating up the room. Breakfast should be improved.

The location is pretty good. Very close to S-bahn stop, we didn't need to use cab or bus.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Disrespectable staff and not friendly. Old facility, rooms not clean. Annoying voices in the room. High price for such hotel. Breakfast prices irregular, some guests pay higher than other guests. I have been told that the Wi-Fi is free in the check in put they force me to pay for the Wi-Fi when I did check out. They don't care about the guests, They only care about what's in your pocket.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

No chance to have room without carpeting (moquette)

Very well located, subway, city center and car parking in the same area, no need to go out pf the hotel. Breakfast staff super efficent.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

All things except price is negative, the hotel needs an urgent renovation, This view decresases the reputation of Hilton brand.

The only positive thing for this hotel is the price and location. The price is ok just because of its obselescence.

There wasn't a person at the concierge desk all the time to ask for directions and other tourist information.

The hotel is located directly above the train station which makes getting around easy.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

There was an accident with my car during my stay. The hotel staff was driving my car out of the garage to bring it up to me and it hit a bicicle. No damage at the car, but I ended up losing almost 3 hours of my day. It was a day that I planned on waking up early to drive to Salzburg, but I got there almost at the lunch time because of the inconvenience. The best thing that Hilton could to compensate was not charge me for the garage, what I think was very little. I expected a little more from Hilton for making me lose half of my day for something that was their fault.

Breakfast was excelent Rooms very comfortable

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

It was a great location, above Rosenheimer Platz station that had public transport, restaurants, groceries, ATM, etc. Staff was friendly and helpful and room had everything we needed.

This hotel is very tired. The bathroom basin was cracked. The shower head would not stay on the wall. The vanity mirror did not work. The toilet roll holder was broken. The secutity latch on the door was missing. Servicing the room was always late afternoon.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Pity that free wi-fi is not extended to all the rooms.

Excellent selection of food at breakfast time. Nice selection of cakes to eat in the snack area. Staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

Room and facility are not up to the price requested, especially considering that breakfast and parking must be paid separately

Good location and kind staff

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Check in and check out is very fast and the people in the front desk especially Philip and Moatssem were very helpful cooperative and polite persons next time l will not hesitate to be there

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• King Junior Suite

Beds are extra firm, room ac not as cool as it could be.

Great location!! Right next to public transportation. Staff very helpful with information and booking tickets.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

The rooms appear to be a bit on the old side, with wear visible on a good part of the furniture. Also the so called "Executive Lounge" is not worth it at all, all I found when i went there is some biscuits and some coke, the beer fridge was locked. But my biggest issue was the value for money.

The hotel's location is amazing and being able to access the subway directly from the inside makes it even better. The breakfast has a good variety and tastes good.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

On the pricey side when it comes to the food and drink available on site.

Located over an s bahn station linking to all areas of the city with minimum fuss means the location is ideal

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

What could have been better ? That breakfast, parking and wifi was included. There were too many surprises when we arrived. I'm surprised that they didn't charge for the newspaper.

Were the eggs extra fluffy? Was the bed like a cloud? Almost nothing. Old hotel. Need to pay separately for everything ! WIfi, parking, breakfast, etc.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Room quality below average very old fournture Parking private but expensive Bad internet wifi signle

Staff were welcoming of any question and helpful Starbucs coffe shop in the hotel Very good selection of food

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Staff very slow, check in and out took long time Old facility, room to the street is very loud

We had a birthday and they provided a birthday cake free of charge The hotel is very close to the metro station

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

I couldn't fault my stay. Loved it thank you!!!

Friendly and welcoming staff. Room spacious and super comfy king size bed. Situated above the under ground railway so travelling to the airport was made easy with less stress.

Rooms n renovations still going on so experience is just ok and too expensive while level of comfort is being compromised by renovations

Staff were just the best. Nothing was to much trouble for them

Still undergoing refurb so the lifts were miles away from reception. Ditto the toilets.

Staff were really helpful, nothing too much trouble.

Carparking was very expensive

Good location for visiting Deutsche Museum and only a 15 minute walk to the city centre.

Size of room is small , and the extra bed was not comfortable

Very comfortable room, helpful and friendly staff

Hotel facilities limited due to renovations and breakfast is poor considering its was expensive

location is convenient to s-Bahn

Old and run down. Under going renovation and very noisy

Noisy and cleaning very poor . Internet is very bad and slow.

Location and link to the airport is excellent.

Expected more from Hilton! Room was not clean. broken shower head. etc...The hotel itself is in poor condition. Horrible.

The location was quite far, so the access to the metro directly underneath the hotel is amazing

The staff

Breakfast can have more variety

Great staff and location

No flexibility....

• Deluxe Twin Room

Too expensive Room was not well maintained

Old bathroom, and the noise from other rooms

Everett nothing

• Deluxe Twin Room

hope renovation finish early until next

location staff

• Deluxe Twin Room

There is a major renovation going on right now which impacts the whole hotel. The rooms are outdated, the bathrooms are border line...

one fly dancing all the time in the room

location is excellent breakfast was also very good '

Maintenance works and renovations

Excellent location

The accommodation is dated but the renovation programme is to begin soon

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

noting

Location is the best thing about it. Metro access that go to airport , marinplaz and central station. Free internet

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Housekeeping

Location Quiet rooms

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Shopping , restaurants and hotel cleaned

Transport conveying - tram and Bahan connection Super

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

SPA

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

WiFi poor, both free and paid for versions

Clean hotel. Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Location and people,very friendly and nice.i wish I'll visit once again.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

rooms where not clean and as far as possible from the Elevator

Nice Bar

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

the gym could be better

the breakfast was perfect.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

The view from the room was onto the hotel waste dump and the shower was invested by black fungus

Good location with direct access to subway

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

No free wifi

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Limited hot food after 11pm.

Location of hotel

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

When I come to the reception they gave me special need room and it was surprised for me

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

i never think to change this hotel. everything is perfect

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

WiFi is not always working.

Modern, elegant hotel. Convenient location.

Browse Hilton Munich City traveller photo gallery