Reviews of Hotel Hirschen This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Bertholdsplatz 1, 79271 Sankt Peter, Germany

#6 of 7 hotels in Sankt Peter

Great time in a lovely hotel.

The third bed was too small and not So comfortable.

This is a family hotel, a Nice atmosphere, Friendly staff, good food in the restaurant of the hotel. A lovely town. We hiked , visited Some surrounding villages, we went skiing in Feldberg. We had a great time.

Relaxed, peaceful hotel in a lovely setting

Nothing to complain about except two floors of stairs to my room.

I liked everything about this hotel from its position, the friendly staff and the comfortable room, though small. Internet was working well. A great view of the snow falling from a large window in the morning. Photo shows the view from the room. Lovely church across the street. Very quiet.

It is what I would say a great place to get away and get a hometown Bavarian feel.

That my spouse couldn’t get away from work to join me and enjoy the hotel with me.

I loved this place. My quaint room overlooked the little town square. I could hear the church bells ringing, the birds singing, and the smell the fresh air. In the morning, I went down to a wonderfully large traditional breakfast pulse some. I would have loved to stay longer.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

nice place

we did not get the internet connection info when coming; we got it in the morning and anyway it was not working

very well located - close to baroque church and historical complex

Alles ok!

Alles ok!

Very friendly staff.

Very friendly staff.An intimate and comfortable location.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Not bad

Internet wasn't very good

The location was good

• Reviewed: 15 October 2015

The location was very good in the middle of the small town...

The room was a bit cold although we turned the heating on. I got cold during the night as well and couldnot feel the coziness I was looking for. The hotel was nice very old style traditional but it was not my taste actually. There was no lift and we did struggle with luggage to get to the second floor.

The location was very good in the middle of the small town next to the church. We really liked the restaurant and the food. Portions and service was excellent and the cakes really tasty especially the black forest gateau.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2015

I've stayed here many times.

No complaints.

I've stayed here many times...love the hotel and its friendly staff. Nothing is any trouble. I stayed there the day it was closed and was able to let myself into the room after some instructions beforehand. Great breakfast and well priced!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2015

1. Hotel loaction and the view of the schwrzwald.

1. The staff was not warm and welcoming. 2. During our stay, most of the time was lack of space in the parking lot, one night I was asked to park outside the hotel parking lot !!! in a parking place requiring payment. Of course that I didn't agree. 3. We booked two rooms for our family and we expected to get rooms close to each other, instead we got 2 rooms at the 2 sides of the floor 4. During the breakfast a lot of food was missing and we had all the time to ask to bring bread , milk, cheese , even water . 5. The wifi was so bad, the method of connection required a user name and password for each device and it was quite disturbing and annoying, the wifi reception in our room at tne 2nd floor was very weak

1. Hotel loaction and the view of the schwrzwald. 2. The rooms were clean and each morning the service staff reorder and clean them.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

The staff were all charming, attentive and kind.

The staff were all charming, attentive and kind. The food was delicious, both the breakfast and the evening meal. Their cakes must be legendary! Obviously a very popular place for local people to come too.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

We had their "family suite", which was basically...

There are a couple things potential customers of this hotel should know before booking here: 1. Their so-called "free wi-fi" is kind of misleading. The way it works is that for each device you want to connect to their wi-fi, you need a separate user ID (and password). They give you a little piece of paper that looks like a receipt (because it comes out of a little printer device), with a user name/password combo printed on it. The catch here is that the first one is free (this is the so-called "free wi-fi"), but any additional ones that you want you have to pay 3 Euros for -- each -- per day. And each user name is only good for that day, after which it expires and will no longer work. So, the next day, you have to go back to them and get a new user name. Between us, we had a total of 6 devices (3 phones, 2 ipods, and an ipad). If we wanted to connect all of them, it would have cost us an extra 15 Euros per day. We decided to only use the single free connection per day, and just wait a couple days until we got to our next hotel to connect all the other devices. This policy really ticked us off, because they advertise free wi-fi, but they don't mention this little detail. 2. On the back of the room door is a floor plan of the entire floor, which shows fire escape routes, etc. (Every hotel room has this...) I happened to actually look at the one in our room, and noticed that only our room (the "family suite") and the room next door to ours actually had their own bathrooms. Every other room on our floor had NO BATHROOM. Instead, there was a common bathroom in the lobby, and each floor has a shower room down at one end of the floor. If I didn't know this going in, and I showed up and my room didn't have a bathroom, I'd be really upset (which is putting it as nicely as I can without being moderated into oblivion :-) ) Beware of this!

We had their "family suite", which was basically what we (Americans) would consider to be a normal hotel room. I think the reason it's considered a family room is because it had an extra bed in one corner of the room. The room itself was big and clean enough, but certainly nothing family sized. The bathroom was a nice, modern, clean bathroom; basically what you'd expect from a hotel. The location of this hotel was nice, right in the heart of the town of Sankt Peter. It has a restaurant on the main floor, with a nice covered seating area in front. We had dinner there one night, and the food was really good. Breakfast is served in a separate room in the back of the hotel. The breakfast itself was pretty standard fare for Germany; nothing special, but decent.

• Reviewed: 13 June 2015

very nice and couzy place, luxurious room and good food.

very nice and couzy place, luxurious room and good food. Good value for money in a very beautiful surroundings. Garage for motorcycle is an extra bonus

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

Balcony and views.

Weren't very friendly on arrival and not particularly helpful to the English. It stated reception was closed but not the whole hotel. No tea making facilities in room. No water in room as advertised.

Balcony and views. Transport was excellent. Would stay again due to location and value for money

• Reviewed: 21 October 2015

Magical nature, friendly people, delicious food.

Magical nature, friendly people, delicious food.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2015

very friendly, competent and available

very friendly, competent and available

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

Very cozy.

Small toilet

Very cozy. Train station and a grocery store are within walking distance. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2015

Beautiful view outside the window.

Beautiful view outside the window. The surrounding environment was peaceful and just lovely.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2015

Friendly staff good food at restuarant at night and the...

Just the stairs going up and down with luggage to the 2nd floor

Friendly staff good food at restuarant at night and the location of the hotel

• Reviewed: 3 September 2015

4.0
    The staff.

The staff. I asked for a glass of water and all I got was abuse because I went to the bar .would never go back.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2015

Nice and clean.

No lift.

Nice and clean.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

Fabulous location in the heart of a beautiful village.

Pillows were far to soft and provided little support to the head.

Fabulous location in the heart of a beautiful village. Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2015

Beautiful view out of our room.

Beautiful view out of our room.

There are also 7 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.