Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport 3 stars

Freisingerstraße 94, 85445 Oberding, Germany

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Room was very small for 4 people, but we stayed only for sleeping, then it was not big issue for us.

Transfer service was very useful, for me and 3 kids paid only 5 eur. Liked possibility to eat breakfast from 4 o'clock.

• Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

I could not connect to the Wifi because the connection was very week. Another bed was open (although I am alone) that did not allow me to move in the room properly.

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

I was stayed at room 103, Wi-FI system was not working. As the hotel is very closed to airport, rooms are not noise isolated.

Location is very convenient, staffs are very friendly and helpful.

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

In a perfect world the restaurant and bar would have more options.

New super spiffy efficient layout. Had a small assortment of just what you needed.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

WiFi access in the room was intermittent and kept dropping out.

convenient for the airport. If you take the shuttle bus from the airport, it has limited space and you may have to wait 30-40 minutes for it to return for you. You can book a space at hotel reception for your return to the Airport, that works well

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Everything; it is located in the middle of nowhere; they could only issue us 1 keycard on a 2 person room requiring the card to have electricity; the room was so small you could barely walk around the bed and could not pull the chair out from the desk; the mattress was horrid; the only eggs on the buffet we’re hard boiled; the restaurant service was very poor.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Modern, comfortable. Ten-minute walk to village, but not very interesting. A few restaurants in the village. Shuttle to airport; good for a morning flight. Decent buffet breakfast.

Room size was small with the pullout couch in use. It says the have air conditioning - HA! They control it at 25-27 C - HOT and stuffy - TERRIBLE night's sleep - or lack there of!

Breakfast was great!

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The beds weren't very comfortable. The pull-out futon was uncomfortable even for our little kids, who rarely complain about sleeping arrangements. But for just one night, it was fine.

The breakfast had a variety of foods to suit our needs. Our kids liked the eggs and croissants; we liked the natural yogurt with granola and honey.

The internet did not work for me. I could not clarify with reception is I was doing something wrong which is probably the case

Great location. Decent breakfast and it is available from 4 am.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We travelled with kids and had a family room. The bed for the kids was a couch and was alright for the kids since they are relatively light. For a heavier persons it would be very uncomfortable to sleep on it. The WiFi didn’t worked for my iPhone, but since we checked in very late and were leaving early in the morning, I didn’t have a chance to mention it to the staff. Probably it could be fixed. However, I didn’t find an information about the settings in the room either.

Very easy check in. The lady at the reception asked me to come forward since there was a large group of people checking in and we came late in the night with two sleeping kids in our arms. Thumbs up! The room was clean and, except the small bed for the kids, comfortable and perfect for one night at the airport. The location was great, just few kilometers from the airport, easy to find and fast accessible from the highway. The breakfast was good, we find everything what we’ve needed. The only reason why I didn’t rate the staff with 10 points is that there were nobody there during the breakfast to ask for some specials. Overall great hotel for travelers, good value for the money!

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

In the room the Wi-Fi was very bad. When going to the business center I have my own computer. There was no where to sit when other people were on the business center computer.

Breakfast was very good.

Nothing to note. Everything was good

It was clean, room was a nice size, and the breakfast was outstanding. The airport shuttle service was really good too

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Clean, and close to the airport with a shuttle bus you can book at reception for 5 euros to take you to the airport - takes less than 10 minutes. We parked our car at the hotel for 3 days at a very reasonable cost, much better than airport parking. Good WiFi and a very nice breakfast buffet.

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

I noticed them charging guests at checkout time. But with me as an Arab they charged me and asked me to pay while checking in!!! Very bad experience. I respect rules only if aplied on ALL GUESTS

close to the airport

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Charged reservation was canceled by mistake of hotel and although canceled reservation were reinstall again by confirmation ,our check in took 40 minutes , because staff in reception could not find our reinstalled reservation and told us that we should ask invoice for www.booking.com instead of hotel.

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

too noisy to sleep, because close to the road and airport. also, it was hard to find the shuttle bus stop at the airport (no instruction)

friendly service and breakfast was good.

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Either a communal refrigerator or a small one in the room would have been nice

staff very accommodating in assisting with a phone call I needed to make on arrival, and which took three attempts to be successful. Breakfast was more than substantial and unlimited with an extra early start of 4am, very handy and inclusive in room rate.

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

We have not received any information from any sources before that the hotel provide the shuttle bus service from airport to hotel too. We only know that hotel has the service of bus from hotel to airport. So it was surprised when being asked from the reception to pay for the shuttle bus fee from airport to hotel. The area for breakfast is very small and not sufficient for guests.

The bed and pillow are very comfort.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast could have been a little better. It had all the basics, but nothing too exciting. Coffee on the other hand was terrible.

Arriving by bus 512 was really cheap and easy. Bus doesn't run often, but if you miss it, you could also take the shuttle service, which the hotel offers for 5€/ person. Walking around the hotel is also nice. The italian restaurant near the hotel is also great for dinner.

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

There was almost no internet signal in our room, located in the first floor: useless. At arrival, people in the reception was very stressed and not collaborative (we were probably as tired as them). While I was at the counter in the evening, another passenger came indicating that has found items from a previous passenger in the room. So this seems to be not an isolated event. The shuttle driver was not collaborative at all, looked angry and provided no help with the luggage (even as an attitude). In an hotel, my experience starts there. I usually stay in Holiday Inn hotels in the US, so I think that the experience can and should be improved.

The location was good, It was reasonably clean, regardless of the fact that I found a paper from a previous passenger in the room, and the breakfast was good. In the morning, people at the front desk was very collaborative and friendly.

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Had to pay to park, 10 euros per day. Had to pay 5 euros per person each way for airport shuttle.

Close to airport.. Room was clean but small if you have large luggage. Food was good, large breakfast variety.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The restaurant has an only limited choice of food. But as I said, should be OK if it for one night.

This property is close to the airport and they have a shuttle. But you have to pay for it. So if there are more than 3 people, then better take a taxi. The hotel is very clean. So I would recommend this to others. Beds are good. Rooms are nice, bit small though, but for one or two nights it is OK. The breakfast is really nice with lots of variations. So I would recommend it to others. The shuttle is 5 euro person per trip.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Check-in was awful. Michael (reception) said that we must book one more room, because we had small baby with us (so 2 adult 2 kids and 1 baby), that room for 2+2 not enough. It was about 11 PM so there was no choice for us :( We paid extra 69 Eur for room we even didn't open, because there was enough space to sleep (one big bed, one sofa for two kids) in the room we already book. Never recommend this hotel because of absolutely rough and not friendly staff.

Nothing good except transfer to the airport.

Small room.

Clean room. Very early breakfast starting at 4am - nice considerate feature for travelers with early flights! Nice staffs. Easy parking though not free.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We asked for 2 cribs in the room for my twins. The cribs were dirty and you could see they never got cleaned. Then we thought we use the pull out couch to sleep on, it was worse. The couch was just gross and you could see "water" stain all over it. Having a airport shuttle is great but we were not allowed to use it because we had to much luggage. The Mathe is very simple 4 people 4 suite cases plus 3 small carry on but that was to much luggage for two Mercedes Sprinter. Last but not least they charge me the room on my credit card even we paid cashed.

The location was great and the staff very friendly. The breakfast buffet was a great selection.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Couldn’t find a bottle of normal water to buy in the hotel and no supermarket nearby. Make sure to bring all what you need from the airport.

Location near the airport, restaurant in the hotel with reasonable prices, clean room, helpful receptionists.

Wanted a King size bed.....only Queen size available

Most everything. Megl in the restaurant was very friendly, on-the-ball and a real worker. Keep her! Marta at the desk was equally friendly, helpful and effective. Good staff people. That's reason enough to stay at Holiday Inn.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Beds were not that comfortable.

Did what it says on the tin - it is an airport Holiday Inn Express. Staff were friendly and helpful in out hour of need after being utterly mucked around by Ryanair.

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Bed should have been the size I requested as long as the booking site did list it as an option. There was no AC in the room so it was too hot.

I had requested a king size bed only to find out that the hotel did not have any. The bed was too small for two people.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Given an overnight stay was all that we required as we were travelling elsewhere, the location and services worked out well for us. There was not anything that we really did not like. There was some inconvenience in that we walked elsewhere for supper as the restaurant was full of soccer teams. The walk was good after so much driving that day.

People on staff were welcoming and helpful. Room was comfortable. Bed had a variety of pillows which was appreciated. Window could be readily opened for fresh air. Despite the fact that there were so many people staying for breakfast - soccer teams - kitchen staff kept up with the breakfast supply. A great travel stop. Thank you!

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Room was too small and warm we couldn't sleep.Also the bed is too low.For the price we paid breakfast was not even included that ridiculous!!!

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Noisy - I could hear people talking and walking around. Not super close to the airport - a taxi cost 14 euros.

Friendly, helpful staff. Nice continental breakfast.

There was a group of soccer teams in the hotel that were allowed to run wild and be noisy all night without any intervention from the staff.

The location and parking was really convenient for staying a night before turning in our rental car and flying out.

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Attitude/policy of hotel. We were booked to stay 2 nights - 2 rooms ( outward and return flights) Return flight was cancelled so we had to take a different flight to get home. This meant needing to cancel 2nd night stay. Under policy there was no cancellation ( ok that's the policy and partly agree) However some good will would have been nice such as a 50% cancellation fee - ie 1 room of the 2 booked. Hotel would not do anything, even though we had stayed earlier in the week . Won't be using the Holiday Inn chain again. Their loss in the long term, for a short term gain.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

I felt a like I was bothering them when asking about getting to tourist sites, etc.

Great breakfast. Dinner being available was good because we saw no other restaurants close.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The room had a disgusting smell associated with the office seat. I asked to have it removed and when no one arrived....I placed the chair in the hall way. The beds were small......but the covers and blankets were even smaller making it difficult to stay warm. There was a 5 euro charge/person to ride their shuttle to the airport.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Felt the taxi was a scam. It cost us 15Euros to get there from the Munich Airport, but they charged us 25 Euros going back to the airport. They handle Taxi bookings if you like; next time I would book the Taxi on my own.

It was close to the airport

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Some of the staff were not very forthcoming and friendly. We have low level of expectations as we travel s lot and have seen it all. Hence, there are always bad apples in every organization that ruin the experience for everyone. No hard feelings.

Location close to the airport.

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Perfect hotel for a one night’s sleep in between flights. Very convenient shuttle service(every 30 minutes, the trip takes 15min max) and early breakfast (starts 4:30 am) if you have to catch an early flight. Will stay here again in the future.

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

The room size was smaller than any Holiday Inn Express I've experienced back in the states. Maybe that's just because there's an expectation of larger rooms and comfortable beds in the U.S.A. Here what you're paying for is the location to the airport. If I had to choose over again, it's probably a better deal to stay down the street at Arcadia. Their vans run at the same time and you'll save 10 euros on your room. Holiday Inn's van costs and extra 5 euros per person. I tend to expect airport shuttles to be included in the cost for the room. The room size was slightly larger than an Ibis hotel we stayed at near Paris' Charles de Gaulle Airport.

The convenience to the airport for an early morning flight was nice. We enjoyed everything on the breakfast buffet and the chocolate pie/cake was fantastic the night before we flew out. The reception desk staff were very friendly and provided fast service.

• Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

€10 for Parking; unnecessary. Most hotels like this won’t charge a customer for parking. I thought this was taking advantage as there was no other option for Parking around this hotel.

Clean, comfortable and affordable

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Our stay was so short - we had everything we needed and no time to discover any type of problem!

We needed a reasonable hotel near the airport, and this was it! We arrived, checked in, reserved seats on the 5 am shuttle, woke up, had coffee (the breakfast begins at 4 am!! A huge plus) and the shuttle took us where we needed to go, right on time!

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

There were cobwebs in the room and had only one bath towel for 2 people. The only soap was a hand soap dispenser by the sink and in the shower stall one dispenser that contained "body soap/shampoo/conditioner" in one. There were no little bottles of shampoo, body lotion, etc. This did not affect our stay however.

The breakfast was great and the location perfect for picking up guests early at the airport.

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Price of shuttle little much. Stayed four days and went to airport each day plus cost of train into Munich. Together for two people,a little to much. Other than that, you scored high. Thank you!

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The only negative was the shuttle/ It was not really the drivers fault but lack of shuttles to 2 different places. I got there at the airport just in time but was advised there was no room. Waited 2o minutes or more and when the next van arrived there now was a family that needed the whole van. I could not use that van . I almost took a cab with 3 other people who had the same problem. Finally the 3rd time the driver remembered me and 2 others and let us in first. Still leaving 4 people behind.

Food was great. Both dining room and breakfast

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

- I could hear a baby crying upstairs in my room. - I couldn't have access to Wi-fi. I guess there was some technical issue between the system and my phone. The receptionist tired to solve that problem but he couldn't. - Also I couldn't figure out how to turn of TV. The remote control was not working but as I don't speak German and I stayed there only for a day, I couldn't be bothered to go and ask. So don't know whether there was something wrong with the tv or it was just me failing to figure out how to turn it on.

The room was smaller than I expected but cozy for one person. But if four people want to stay in that room, it would be small unless you are a group of two or more kids. The room doesn't have much spare space to move around. It's quite full of furniture. But the room is clean and bathroom shower water was hot enough. The breakfast was good. Especially it is really close to the airport. If you take the shuttle bus, it takes only about 15mins.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Poor internet connection. Airport shuttle was full in the morning, we were not advised to book it the evening before. I thought that booking 1 hour before departure is enough. It turned out that not.

Value for money, close to the airport, comfort sleep. Breakfast good enough.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Shuttle to and from airport was payable, from my experience with airport hotels they are complimentary. Basic room, no amenities but can be asked for at the counter. Value for money is very low, this was the most costly hotel during my stay however the most underwhelming-they’re definitely getting the most out if desperate passengers in transit needing a place to stay.

It is a decent hotel for when you are in transit for one night, but no more than that, also because the munich airport is far from the city and public transport is costly. Breakfast included as well as free wi-fi, nice.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Menu a bit limited for dinner.

Staff extremely helpful in restaurant which was busy due to poor weather and flight cancellations. Friendly and pleasant.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Black mould on grout in shower. WiFi didn’t work. Bed settee was uncomfortable - the mattress was very thin and you could feel the bars under it.

The evening meal was great. The hotel is very stylish and in a good position

• Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The staff was not so polite and their English was not so good. There was a misunderstanding because of language problem (because we don’t speak fluent german). Inthe end, the staff blamed us that it was our language problem which was not so nice since they didn’t speak fluent English.

The room was clean and the pillows were very comfortable.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Beds were very uncomfortable, poor quality mattresses and bed settee that my son slept on was well past worm all leading to a very poor nights sleep. Pillows were all hard with no alternatives in the room.

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

I asked for a room with two beds. The second bed was a sofa bed, not a real bed. The sofa bed was very uncomfortable. We had to fly 14 hours the next day and a long trip that begins wit a back ache is not good.

Location was good. Breakfast was adequate

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Make sure to book shuttlw in advance, 5€ per travel.

Front desk was very helpfull, yhey arrange a small meeting room in just seconds, very good breakfast

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

The shuttle from the hotel to the airport has a 5€ fee, which isn't the end of the world, but is kind of obnoxious.

I needed a place to stay for one night before my long flight home to the US from MUC. The Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport fit the bill nicely. I booked only a couple days before my arrival and the price was affordable--and the continental breakfast included helped my decision. The room was small yet clean, and everything was perfect for what I needed--something simple near the airport to get some rest and a shower before a long trip home. The breakfast in the morning was basic yet satisfying and the entire check in/check out process was easy. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that needed a simple and quick stay near the MUC airport.

• Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Breakfast? the reason I made my choice of this hotel as was that I had stayed at the HIE at Luton airport. Breakfast was cooked bacon,sausages,eggs,mushrooms. but at Munich on offer were sliced cold meats and cheese that is not breakfast!

Handy shuttle. Based for 2 nights after expoloring Munich during day used airport as a pickup point for hotel. four trips cost 20E the cost of a taxi could be 30E per trip. Getting back to airport at night after a day out, trying to find a public bus and walking back to hotel, public transport was not an option.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Very helpful staff, rooms clean and comfortable, perfct for a night before an early flight. Breakfast (simple but fresh) served from 4a.m. Hotel trasfer comfortable and efficient.

Odd that you have to pay for the shuttle from the airport to the hotel. On our way back to the airport, the shuttle was full and the staff ordered us a taxi. The sign behind reception says it costs €17 but we were charged €39!

Reasonably priced

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Shuttle-bus from tha aiport and to was too small, that is why we could not get the one more suitable for us and got earlier one. Maybe it is time to use bigger buses, as travellers are much more in number than before.

It is very convenient hotel of someone travels through Munich. We just spent a night in there and it was quite comfortable and silent. The breakfast was also very good. The staff had perfect information about all flights.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The address Schwaig bei Munchen is not recognized by any navigation system! I called the hotel reception and asked what is the name of the place where hotel is. She told me it is Oberding - yeah- then I found it immediately.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Simple but good offer. They cater for various diets and adjust their breakfast to early morning departures. Excellent thought. Free if charge shuttle to the a'port

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

It is not much quiet as you can hear people passing all the time and slamming the doors. The internet connection in the corner room was out of reach so I had to go downstairs to the lobby to do my work.

The Hotel is close to the airport. The room was spacious and very comfortable. Was worth the money!

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was pretty much basic. WiFi in the room was disconnecting all the time and was really hard to work.

The bed was super comfort. The room was also spacious as well as the shower - The staff was helpful and very polite. Prices on bar are reasonable for hotel.

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

room did not reflect the price restaurant breakfast area too small for the size of hotel and lacks any character at all in industrial park so if you want an ok dinner eat before you go there

location, good shuttle service, reasonable breakfast

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel îs close to the airport, there is a shuttle bus in every half an hour. Great place, rooms nice, cleaned, friendly staff . Highly recommended!

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was okay. Would have been better with warm food such as scrambled eggs.

The restaurant staff was very friendly and the food was relatively good with great selection. Room was very cozy.

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

For me the only down side was the availability and strength of the WiFi

Simple breakfast but enough all round choice to set you off for the day. WiFi is workable in reception/breakfast area but intermittent in the room unless you stand at the entrance door. Everything about the hotel is in a clean and well looked after condition. Car parking available for a small charge. All round excellent transit stop-off for the airport. 10 mins from airport departures ! excellent ...

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Too close to the airport runway. I listened to planes land late into the night and in the early morning.

Very nice facilities. Great stuff and very good breakfast.

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

That I had to stand in line to fill out info on paper which I had included while making my online reservation. I had to wait while 2 other guests did the same, and this took about 10 minutes, and I was tired. You need to transfer the info from your online reservations onto the form so the guest only has to sign. I could not find a list of TV programs in the room. You need to supply one, and to keep it by the TV remote control. Getting out of the parking lot was confusing. I was not told to push the button after entering the 4 digit number, and only did so after entering in 3 times - in hope of being able to talk to a person to have them open the gate. Charging10 Euros for a parking place is too high. Five Euros would be reasonable.

Quiet, and spotlessly clean room, and an EXCELLENT breakfast! Very friendly desk personnel.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The sofa bed was pretty rough to sleep on. A little mold in the bathroom on the ceiling. WiFi didn’t work well in room.

Great location, very close to the airport. Nice rooms and restaurant. Nice and very helpful staff. Breakfast buffet is included in price. Restaurant also very good.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non Smoking

(Bed a little lumpy/soft) but I slept well.

I loved the closeness to the airport, the fresh clean but convenient feel the hotel had, it also offered early and late facilities for travellers, really tailored service for airport guests but comfortable enough if you were not using the airport. We did not hear the airplanes despite the clossness to the airport. Parking was close, and the breakfast was just what you need/expect!

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Due to the fact that I have early flight at 7:00 am I have to take a shuttle bus at 5:35 and I need to eat the brakfest but there were only remains... the food was not replenished. So I had a coffee and croissant only.

Comfortable bed with lot of pillows :-)

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non Smoking

We wont be returning. Only thing was ease of access to airport.

We booked for early morning flight from munich. Wasnt impressed with hotel. Carpet stains, stains on pull out bed and bad smell in bathroom. Dont think we will return.

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

This Hotel is fairly close to the Airport - it offers shuttle service. The hotel is fairly new. Everyone spoke English. Free breakfast included. Rooms are typical "Holiday Inn" - small but very nice and comfortable. Rooms will accommodate max of two people.

Browse Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport traveller photo gallery