Reviews of Holiday Inn Berlin City-West This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Rohrdamm 80, Spandau, 13629 Berlin, Germany

#524 of 579 hotels in Berlin

It's not good experience with this hotel

It is not like 4 star hotels..room services were not good, not clean well, and one of my friends taken some of his belongings, the hotel just not responding... they just say call the police.

Is just near to Siemens company.

Berlin is a beautiful city and we found the hotel adequate for our stay. Would use again.

Requested a double room however this was just 2 beds pushed together and not a comfortable nights sleep due to the gap in the middle. 2 single duvets made it feel like we were sleeping in 2 single beds. The pillows were really poor so really don't rate the bedding facilities. Surprised to see that there was no mirror above the table in the room and that the full length mirror which was available in a dark area of the room had no plug near by to allow for hairdryer or straighteners to be plugged in. It was impractical to use the plugs in the bathroom with so much condensation and water lying around following a shower. Breakfast was 19 euros each so we refused as this was way too pricey.

Hotel was extremely close to the airport from which a 10 minute journey in a taxi cost around 5 euros. Train station close. Staff friendly. Looked after our luggage when we checked out as our flight wasn't until late that day. Clean facilities. Room cleaned every day to a high standard. Restaurant served lovely food. Great room service but limited choice. Large spacious room with pleasant views.

Exactly the overnight solution I needed

It is 2018, WiFi internet should be free and included in room rate just as water and electricity which are not charges separately. Sorry but I find it unfair to charge extra for internet use. Parking is very expensive.

Room was nice, big, clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Basically very good value for money in my opinion.

Good location for TXL airport and underground station 5...

The pillows were poor but that’s matter of preference. Unsure of deposit they take for securing the room even know you book. Good prices are steep.

Good location for TXL airport and underground station 5 minutes away. Clean Rooms. Gym and Pool facilities were good. Staff were attentive and professional.

Nice Hotel

Very expensive breakfast. About 20€ even for my son (age 13) A bit far from downtown, around 20€ with taxi to Mitte, Brandenburger etc.

Swimmingpool was nice. Nice area. Easy to arrive with car. Parcing at hotel. Frienly staff.

Very polite and helpful receptionists.

Housekeeping was poor and incompetent. One bag of coffee for 2 people almost every day and lots of decaf (nonsense). Lots of shampoo and none of shower gel (had to ask for refill at the reception), and they dumped the soap hand and didn't refill. King size bed with 2 single duvets (are you kidding?).

Very polite and helpful receptionists.

Hot night air con noisy open window and aircraft noisy

Breakfast at €19 each we had 3 adults and it was almost €60 just for breakfast. We only paid €67 for a good steak meal with drinks the night before at a local restaurant. Far too expensive for what we ate.

Pillows more like marshmallows

Not the expected standard of service for a holiday on and a 118 euro night fee

One hour to check in ! Computer problem, thirty people queuing, staff not trained to solve the situation manuallly, staff did not offer any particular service while we were waiting : no snacks, no discount or free coupon for the bar... Phone in my room did not work! Had to use my mobile to reach reception... Although the hotel is close to the airport - the primary reason to book there for early flights - their first shuttle bus start at 10:00 am. 15 euro taxi bill that should be avoided . Very disappointing first - and last - experience there.

Not far from airport

Adequate, with a no frills or 'exceed expectations' style hotel and OK for a business trip!

Housekeeping very minimalistic. In the 5 nights that I stayed, the coffee, milk pots etc were never once replenished, neither were the toiletries, staying for 5 nights I would have expected to have another bar of soap! After the first 2 nights of having to go down to reception to ask for coffee sachets etc I gave up. Housekeeping didn't vacuum the floor once as I had dropped a tiny piece of silver foil in the middle of the floor - its probably still there!

Good selection for breakfast including an omelette and egg station so eggs were cooked to personal preference. Check-in was good

Very poor hotel, alas probably the best near Tegel.

Rooms are awful, terribly outdated. Bathroom poor, exposed wiring was a nice feature. Bar/restaurant area was also outdated, poor choice of food on offer.

Well, it was a bed, it was dry, it was warm. I guess that's about it.

The room was very clean and the property was very close to...

We were not informed about the pool, gym or sauna being closed for our trip as we booked this particular hotel for those facilities.

The room was very clean and the property was very close to U7 to reach the centre of the town quickly.

I have been charged 106.03£ for no reason. I have already paid at property using my Travel card

I have been charged 106.03£ for no reason. Even though I have already paid at property using my Travel card so I don’t know why was I charged on my debit card again ? I have been trying to speak to customer service agent on 24 hrs service contact number. I have been waiting on since long and there is no response at all. This is very frustrating and disappointing

I have been charged 106.03£ for no reason. Even though I have already paid at property during checkout using my Travel card so I don’t know why was I charged on my debit card again ? I have been trying to speak to customer service agent on 24 hrs service contact number. I have been waiting on call since long and there is no response at all. This is very frustrating and disappointing

We was staying at the hotel for two nights and on the first...

We was staying at the hotel for two nights and on the first night we came back from being out all day to be told that we couldn't use the bar as they had a function, and was told that there is a bar about ten minute walk .. so this wasn't a good start of our short break .just wish they had emailed us before hand so we could consider that hotel or wish to choose another .. so won't be going there again .

Avoid if English

I've thought long and hard about this review. When a member of staff calls you "Brexit Pig" in German behind your back, thinking we don't speak German you have to evaluate the stay. We're very angry.

The restaurant food was excellent.

We stayed just one night to leave early the next day for the airport (Tegel) and it was perfect.

Parking was expensive.

The staff was really friendly and nice. We left before the breakfast and there were some nice complimentary breakfast items for early travelers. The baby crib was really nice.

Cheap Cab ride away from the airport

The room was tired and a bit dirty, but it was only for a night. ALSO there is technically an airport shuttle, but it almost never runs - like 2 times per day?! They shouldn't be advertising it.

The property was in a good location for getting to the airport. The bed was big and comfortable and the price couldn't be beat (got it on a last minute value deal).

Bad.

Most things. Our beds were not ever changed. We had no cleaning service for 2 full days and then got it only when we insisted that someone come up to provide us with fresh towels. The room phone didn't work (until they let us change rooms) for 3 days despite our repeated requests. The light in the bathroom died and they didn't fix it. The only time anything happened was after the electronic keypad gave out and we had to get housekeeping to let us in with a key (twice!!). Even then, the desk staff asked us to wait more! We finally had to stand at the desk and insist that we move to a room that worked. They then (maybe because we were ahead of others who were just checking in) upgraded us to an executive room (that looked the same as the other) with free minibar. I won't stay there again, nor would I recommend it to others!

Wifi- easy, consistent and available! Morning desk guys were super helpful with transportation advice.

Clean? And this is worth 135 eur/stay overnight? Dear...

Clean? And this is worth 135 eur/stay overnight? Dear management, treat your customers as people. Get the facility back on the clean and tidy track

Convenient overnight stay

I liked everything

Close to the airport. Very appropriate for an overnight before an early flight. Good food at a reasonable price. Taxi always at the door.

It was a Pleasant Stay in Hloiday Inn

Breakfast was not that great for Vegetarian people. They should have some more varieties for Vegetarian food in breakfast.

Hotel location is good and also near to Airport and hence easy for travelers to get in there and from there to airport. Hotel staff is courteous. Ready provide help whenever required.

It was ok, the most important thing in a hotel is it's bed which was awful. As I mentioned above.

Pool and steam

Everything was good except, I asked for a double bed and it was two single bed joined together and sleeping with a gf or partner which was awful because the beds were parting from one another, so that was awful and the tv sound was very awful too.

The hotel is overpriced

We selected this hotel because of the shuttle bus service announced at the website. Upon arrival it turned out there is no shuttle bus arranged. That was the first disappointment. The reception clerk charged us upfront 50 EUR above the room rate for extras, although there was no mini-bar in the room and no water. Basically the hotel blocks 50 EUR in your account for nothing!

The umbrella's they offer you (were you have to pay 30...

The umbrella's they offer you (were you have to pay 30 euros for) are the worst umbrellas they break wenn you close them etc. Luckily you can give them back broken and get your money back.

6.0
    Staff were friendly, and the room was a great size.

We asked for a non-smoking room which we received, but if this is important to you, it's best to ask not to be given a room at the back of the property, as it overlooks the restaurant. People were situated there throughout the evening into the small hours of the next day smoking, so the smell came into our room (as well as the noise!) It was extremely warm and the aircon wasn't great, so we had no choice but to leave the windows open and let the smell in. I also noticed the room wasn't particularly clean - we found hairs in the bed and the shower but nothing too bad. I've also been charged twice for my stay which I'm currently discussing with the hotel directly.

Staff were friendly, and the room was a great size. Only stayed for one evening so didn't get to use the pool facilities sadly!

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Comfortable

We ordered the shuttle and were told no driver he went home early. Were told to take a taxi, but not reimbursed. After checking in we asked for the morning shuttle and was told that it did not start until 9am. Not good..had to take taxi again We would like to voice an official complaint and need to know who will reimburse us the $30.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Good rooms, low performance/money

I paid room fees by cash at the reservation. However, fees are drawn from my credit card as well. Meaning that I paid the fees two times. Receptionist guy told that we would give the money drawn from credit card back after check out. However It's not given back yet after 1 week duration.

Hotel rooms was the best when I compare the other ones in Berlin. All my needs were satisfied.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Very high additional fee without warning

Very high additional fee blocked from my credit card with no previous warning, above the price guaranteed by a Booking.com reservation. I was told that it would be returned in a week (?!?) or so but I wasn't expecting that. And what for?

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Decent choice near airport

Communication about policies could have been better. One of the reasons I chose the hotel was because of its airport shuttle. But when I arrived I was told the airport shuttle didn't start until 8 am. I was traveling with two small children who were excited to go swimming but when we went to the pool there was an aerobic class happening. It was confusing whether we were going to be charged for internet or not. I don't mind these policies but it would be helpful if they could be better communicated to guests.

The staff were really nice. The room was as expected. Breakfast was good.

Ecxellent staff, super clean.

Ecxellent staff, super clean.

they charged 50 euro more and didn’t refund it back.

they charged 50 euro more and didn’t refund it back.

Brilliant Time In Berlin!

Found the breakfast too expensive!

Easy and central to other tourists attractions. Everything was within reach.

Expensive breakfast

Expensive breakfast

The hotel was wonderful, calm, clean and the staff were...

The hotel was wonderful, calm, clean and the staff were friendly

I miss a more effective invoice creation process.

I miss a more effective invoice creation process.

Convenient place to stay for that area, great staff

Staff were excellent, especially in bar and restaurant area

Very happy with my stay but breakfast a bit expensive.

Breakfast a bit on the expensive side at 19 Euro...

Room was very clean.

I wasn't impressed with the breakfast, wasn't good value for money.

Room was very clean. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

It was okay they provided extra dippers for my daughter

Have to pay for movies.

The room was okay

I really did not like the bed.

I really did not like the bed.And cleaning the room was not very good.

Staff is not friendly

Staff is not friendly

You're minutes away from the U-Bahn to reach the old town Spandau.

The bed wasn't comfortable.

Very professional staff.

4 star out of 10

food was really disgusting...

only the location....

more than a place to sleep durin business trip

Far from ubahn

Carpet in the room -> Real hotel feeling Pool. Bike rental.

Booked a double room the staff at checkin gave me a twin...

Booked a double room the staff at checkin gave me a twin instead without informing me. Not a good thing at all.

Very convenient

Speed of Check-in and Check-out

Breakfast, room

Average

Not bring able to check in on arrival. Breakfast was good but very expensive.

Spacious room. Noel on reception was really helpful.

Friendly staff, clean rooms.

Friendly staff, clean rooms.

Near to the airport

Crowded

Near to the airport

Stylish interior and nice amenities.

Stylish interior and nice amenities. Like a kettle and tea in the room.

Friendly staff, clean rooms

Breakfast really expensive

Friendly staff, clean rooms

Comfortable

I liked my over all stay

A good location and good value

Bed comfortable and excellent breakfast

Nothing special

Heater was broken and impossible to set up i had to open the window because was warm like hell.

Nothing special

Bad Hotel

Everything as it doe not respect the client and it is only profit driven.

Good, solid breakfast.

Unfortunately no complimentary bottle of water in the room.

Good, solid breakfast. Close to Tegel Airport and local subway station.

Very Good!

Not applicable

I didn't have time for breakfast

God business office

advertised airport shuttle discontinued

All the staff was great for except of one girl in the...

All the staff was great for except of one girl in the morning at reception. She was rude

just OK
    • Executive Double Room

Room, not the cuality of hotel you'd expect for the ne of stars and price

Standard business hotel with wide service.

It will be nice to refresh room equipment.

Standard business hotel with wide service.

Friendly staff

No airport shuttle, room was pretty poor, strong musty odor

Friendly staff

One night in Berlin

Air conditioner did not work well.

Beds were comfy.

No airport schuttle

No airport schuttle

Very good breakfast.

Very good breakfast. Spacious room.

Comfortable and clean

The menu for the evening could be better and we decided to went to another restaurant

Clean room and convenient location

On arrival we where upgraded to an executive suite so a nice...

On arrival we where upgraded to an executive suite so a nice surprise, really nice hotel no complaints at all.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Staff were really professional.

Staff were really professional. Arranged a taxi for our early morning departure and room service was delicious.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

No airport shuttle.

There was no airport shuttle although the hotel advertises that it has this service.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Can do better

Dirty and old, rooms need to be refurbished

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Staff were very nice.

Staff were very nice.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Location to airport and U and S Bahn after holidaying...

The beds were not comfortable. They were too hard. The usual European king size singles put together are always a disappointment but that they weren't comfortable made it worse. There was no need to pay for an upgrade to an Executuve Suite as I'm not sure it was not that much different to the standard.

Location to airport and U and S Bahn after holidaying outside Berlin was useful. Staff helpful and courteous.

There are also 66 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Holiday Inn Berlin City-West traveller photo gallery