Reviews of Hostel Alex 30

Alexanderstrasse 30, Stuttgart-Mitte, 70184 Stuttgart, Germany

#31 of 127 hotels in Stuttgart

Based on 2083 hostel reviews

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

The girl very polite and hospital.

THE GUY A BIT RUDE.

The girl very polite and hospital. (Italian Girl) She welcomed very warmly, explain ed me all infos and help me during all stay. Kind of people you want to be a guest of

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Review
    • Single Bed in Male 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The locker in the room was too small for my baggage

1) For the money that was paid, the room was definitely worth it 2) The building is within walkable distance from Stuttgart hbf 3) After my checkout at 12 pm, I was allowed to keep my baggage in the hostel's safety locker until 5 pm free of cost. 4) The rooms, bathrooms and the toilets are clean

Good
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Night receptionist was rude and not friendly, we were sitting outside and he said multiple times he gonna call the police even that we weren't drunk or load at all ..

Location, Breakfast, very clean, the other staff members(except the one who worked night shifts) were very friendly and professional :)

Perfect for a short stay
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Hearty breakfast was available from 7 to 11, very close to the centre, in the evenings tea, free bread or jogurt were offered. Good contemporary and classical music in the lounge. Cosy, clean rooms and several toilets on each floor.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

I like the kitchen and the balcony

Very convenient to go to the Neues Schloss. And very near to the station Olgaeck to take U6U7U12U15.......Very friendly staff and luggage service. Good WiFi. Thank you!

Price lower condition better)
    • Single Bed in Male 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Little bit difficult to find parking place, small kitchen, no have discounts for Alexander`s)))

Location are good, very nice lounge zone and breakfast, stuff helpfoul.

I love this place!
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

I love this place! Friendly staff, nice clean rooms, tasty breakfast. Definitely I can recommend hostel to everyone - I would be happy to stay there again during my next trip to Stuttgart :)

Good hostel near the main railway station
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The kitchen is quite small but well equipped.

The linen, WC and bathroom were clean. The bed was comfortable. We could also get fans from the reception to beat the heat.

We had a nice top floor room with a balcony and a view over...
    • Six-Bedroom with Shared Bathroom

A/C would have been great since the room was very warm. Toilet didnt fluss properly.

We had a nice top floor room with a balcony and a view over the city for six girls. Clean and apartment like room didnt really remind of a hostel room.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Awesome location! Minor problems
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The locker in the room was too noisy and so was the room's door. When I got to the hostel late at night I woke some people up because of that and it was really incovenient. There could be a rug in the shower room because the floor outside the shower area was always wet and it was kind of boring to put on clothes there. There can be many steps until your room, so if you have any problems in your knees/legs, make sure you book a room on the 0 level floor. I was on the 3rd floor and that wasn't a problem for me, but that's just a tip.

Very good breakfast with the best croissants! / Awesome location / comfy bed / helpful staff / very organized and safe luggage lockers in case of early check in or staying a bit longer in the city after check out.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

I am definitely booking it again.

Everything was perfect

Amazing staff, super helpful and friendly. The whole place is clean, tidy and new. Considering the prices in Stuttgart, this hostel offers a lot of perks for the money.

Best hostel in Stuttgart
    • Single Bed in Male 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The staff could be moody sometimes, but generally are very good. Dont make any noise past 9pm otherwise they make up stories haha.

Can get a drink 24hours a day. Had a good mix of people living there and travellers like myself

Nice hostel, clean, big rooms, a kitchen with all you need,...
    • Single Bed in Male 6-Bed Dormitory Room

At the chech in you should give to the guest a map with the city, touristic places...

Nice hostel, clean, big rooms, a kitchen with all you need, location was good, 20 min walking from the train station.

Good accommodation at an attractive location for a good price.
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

We faced a problem with our rooms, when we booked two quadruple rooms, but we announced, that 6 people are coming to the hostel. However we were 7 at the end and staff booked our rooms wrong. We had two quadruple rooms only for the first night and we had to move to a shared (6 people) room and one of us had to go to different room. As a reparation we received free drink at the bar, but the staff told us about this problem when we noticed wrong date on our cards. I recommend always to check the cards, if dates match.

Great staff, great location and really clean and modern facilities. It was nice to have opportunity to stay in the common room and get few drinks. I also appreciate an opportunity to lock our luggage on the last day in the cellar.

Excellent place in Stuttgart
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

Hostel Alex 30 is very nice place to stay in Stuttgart. It's very close to the tram station and it's also very near to the city centre. The rooms were very neat and clean. Surely worth the money we paid.

Good and cheap!
    • Single Bed in Male 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The location was much farther than I thought from the main train station. The lockers in the room were tall and a bit too narrow. The room was tiny for the number of bunk beds inside, and the big table in the middle of the room didn’t seem to help with the space. There was no elevator that I had to carry my heavy luggage up the stairs.

The staff was very friendly, and helpful.

Great hostel
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

Would be great if they could organise activities like excursions and games nights.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. There's a really good vibe in this hostel.

Everything was perfect for me.
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Everything was perfect for me. The location was ideal, just few steps from touristic attractions. The staff was very kind and helpful . I will definitely choose this place when I visit Stutgart next time :)

Location and price
    • Single Bed in Male 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Unfriendly staff, but I think not to all guests. I had bad experience with 3 different persons on Juli 2, 2018 during check in and Payment. I noticed at the same time, how the staff is dealing with other guests, no equality at all. It's important to know that I am African and very proud. The manager asked me to leave the Hostel as I rated Alex 30 on booking.com according to what really happened to me. She took a decision without asking me about what really happened and that was the next misbehaviour which I also didn't like. I expect from a responsible person to listen to both sides before taking a dicision!!! I had to find another hostel for 2 nights on the same day, but I was lucky, Stuttgart was not fully booked and I found an excellent hostel very near for only 34 Euro including a fantastic breakfast.

Location and price

The hotel is a really nice place to stay.
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

It would be really nice to have some shower slippers.

The hotel is a really nice place to stay. Only three U-Bahn stops from the Hbf and every trains goes there. I think it is also in a walking distance to the city center. Everything is nice and clean. The staff speaks good English and was always ready to help. Unfortunately I left my favorite bottle there...

Staff was friendly and informative.
    • Six-Bedroom with Shared Bathroom

Rooms were without AC and the fan we were given was broken but this was a small issue and didn’t detract from our stay.

Staff was friendly and informative. Great location. Close to restaurants and grocery store. Bathrooms and showers were extremely clean.

Great location to check out the beautiful Stuttgart
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Location is great, within walking distance to the beautiful city center, the room and other facilities are good too and staff speak very good English.

Really good hostel but needs to buy better beds!
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The metal bunkbeds creak loudly when anyone turns over in their sleep - bring earplugs!

Clean hostel with good facilities and central location. Cheap compared to Stuttgart hotels!

Sleepover budget accomodation, if you can find sleep.

The rooms towards the street are noisy, simple as that. Also in the summer heat, my room felt almost like a sauna. For only a bit extra cost one should be able to find a centrally located, decent hotel.

Conveniently situated in close walking distance to the city's central Schlossplatz. Friendly receptionists.

An awful experience
    • Single Bed in Male 6-Bed Dormitory Room

I got a bed in 6 people room for 24 euros. Stuttgart is very expensive city or hostels. In Berlin it would cost me max. 12 euros. Te worst part is the people: I don't know how they manage them, but the point was the people in the room were continuously snoring and farting, and it is not for young people at all.

The staff changed my room

60€ per night (at that time)... I would avoid it for this price

With high temperatures (around 28°C) staying in the rooms was very uncomfortable. Rooms on the side of the street with public transport are very noisy... A broken window handle (i.e., not being able to close the small top window) further increased the noise.

OK
    • Single Bed in Male 6-Bed Dormitory Room

- No elevator - Very difficult to use the plug for bottom bed, no gab between bed and wall which we can plug easily.

- Friendly staff - Not far from tram - Clean toilets

Lovely place in Stuttgart
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The cleanest shower in a hostel seen in a long time. It even has a small shelf to put the soap on. Towels offered with a 5 euro deposit. Located right next to the Ubahn.

Quiet, simple place to stay
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

You pay extra for towels, breakfast, etc. During the day was a little noisy from the street with the window open. No air conditioning.

Very professional staff, good breakfast, surprisingly quiet at night with the windows closed. Free and fast wifi, clean facilities, and 24 hour reception.

Nice and pretty stuff, safe but noisy

But the noise from the street won’t stop until midnight . If you have the difficulty in sleep, this could not be a choice to stay.

There is a supermarket nearby and a nice Chinses restaurant.

Staff are lovely and helpful.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

I think you should keep open your beer garden later on and earlier during mornings

Staff are lovely and helpful. Location is great, nice room and everything is clean. I highly recommend it!

Cleanliness, Staff ,1€ beer
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

No elevator as we booked for a twin room which was on 5th floor and we had to carry much heavy luggages even we have been noticed before booking that no elevator but we didn’t expect to be on top floor.

Cleanliness, Staff ,1€ beer

I liked it
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

There was little sunlight in the room.

Easy check-in check-out. Helpful staff. The room was nice, bed comfortable, bathroom clean. Every bank bed has its own socket and a small lamp. One can buy 3-days-ticket for public transport at the reception. The nearest supermarket is 5 minutes away. The nearest tram station - 3 minutes. A cute jar of sweets at the entrance:)

Pleasant stay, good location, would stay again

No shampoo provided, and no real decent option of restaurants near the hotel. Bit of a hikey walk from train stop to hotel with suitcase. Without is absolutely fine and only takes 10 mins

Location was good, close to the centre and train stop. Ability to have tea n water for free whenever you like was nice. Staff were helpful

Basic facilities in a central location. Good value for money.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

On one night there was a group of teenagers who were very loud between 11pm and 12:30pm the next day we mentioned this casually to a staff member and were told quite abruptly we should have dealt with it ourself and they were not interested.

Location is perfect for getting around Stuttgart easily. Rooms have basics facilities and are clean. Kitchen facilities are limited but very good.

A must-go hotel in Stuttgart
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

I think there was nothing I didn't like in the hotel

The staff there is super friendly and informative. The bar inside the hotel is also perfect for relaxing from a day trip in Stuttgart.

Very good hostel

---

Everything was great, hotel staff was very nice, helped with everything, the hotel located 5 minutes walking from the center. Breakfast was good!!!

Close to the metro station!
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

They have only stairs and I have heavy suitcase then so hard to take my room at 2nd floor. sometimes someone helps me!Thanks!

Close to the metro station!Supermarket also:) room is clean,I saw cleaning stuffs everyday and thank you for keeping clean. Stuffs are kindly:)

Had a great one night stay here.
    • Single Bed in Male 6-Bed Dormitory Room

My roommates were a disaster :( One nice guy actually but the other two were just plain rude or oblivious to myself and the other roommate. Once guy had set his alarm late at night (to get up for a flight I'm, guessing) and it was on repeat every 10mins! The other guy was also up early but in and out slamming doors.. That's just an unlucky experience as the other guy was really nice and chatty.

Had a great one night stay here. Was greeted with a nice smile at reception and it took less than 5 mins to get everything done. Bit of a trek to the room on the 2nd floor but I didn't mind as I enjoy the exercise but something to bear in mind if you're on a higher floor! Breakfast was nice and plentiful and I took some fruit and snacks for the day ahead which was not a problem. 6 bed dorm was a decent size and good storage area with key attached to room key which was a good idea. Shower and bathroom facilities are separate but nice and private and very very clean! Spent a short time in the lounge area watching tv, there was a bar and I think there's a complimentary drink for €1 but I didn't use it. Kitchen facilities were also good as I used these after I checked out while my bags were left safe and secure downstairs at a €5 deposit fee.

I stayed in a dorm room in the hostel and the room was fine...
    • Single Bed in Male 6-Bed Dormitory Room

I stayed in a dorm room in the hostel and the room was fine the bed was comfortable and the staff were nice and easy to deal with even answering an email before I arrived they were quick to respond and very helpful. You can walk to the city centre in 15 minutes or you can get a taxi which are reasonably cheap and quick to show up.

Location was good.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The smell of smoke in the room was disturbing. No towels. Shared bathroom and toilet

Location was good. There is only bed and lights in the room. It was clean

Excellent location, clean, friendly staff

Excellent location, the staff is extremely friendly and ready to respond to every request. The atmosphere is positive, and play good music at the reception. Very comfortable bed. Everything is simple and very clean.

Wonderful Service, Friendly Staff, Very Clean and Accomadating.
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

Walking up to the apartment we reserved was a little difficult. 105 stairs from the front desk. Although, I did get all my steps in each day!

I loved that the front desk was open 24/7. The staff was more than helpful with local attractions, bus scheduling, all hotel policies and the lounge area. They spoke really good English, were polite and kind to the kids. The room was clean and already had the baby playpen in it. There were deposits on everything from the front desk, but I got my deposit back upon leaving. There is parking, though make sure to reserve it prior to arriving and ask for directions on how to get into the parking area, as it is a little hidden.

Best location only 15min of walking to the central room was...
    • Single Bed in Male 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Best location only 15min of walking to the central room was cozy and clean Receptionists are really great and kind even accepted me to get early check in Everything was perfect

Good price for accommodation in Stuttgart
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Not a complaint, but just a heads up.... if you are staying on the 4th floor, there are 100 steps to get up there, but there is a bathroom on that floor!

The buffet breakfast had a lot of variety and choices. Close to transportation and easy access to centre of the town.

For this price it was enormous clean, comfortable and just...
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

For this price it was enormous clean, comfortable and just great! The location is pretty and very central. The kitchen has free coffee, the breakfast for only 6 Euro is really cheap and good! Thank you

The staff was really helpful and remembered that we had...
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

We had the room in the upper floor which was nice, but there were two way-too-drunken guys in the same floor who were making loud noises in the corridor during the night.

The staff was really helpful and remembered that we had special needs on the gluten-free breakfast.

Handy location when keeping costs down.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

I can't really think of anything, it's budget accommodation and it serves a purpose. The scrambled eggs had run out when we arrived at breakfast and weren't replenished but there were boiled eggs available and I'm sure if we'd asked more would've been whipped up.

It was very handily located, only 3 U stops from HBF and easy enough to walk this distance. We were on the first floor so no major issues getting up the stairs with luggage. The toilet and shower were spotless and right opposite our room. The breakfast was varied and we ate early so the room was quiet and we weren't rushed to leave. The welcome drink for €1 was a nice touch, I asked for G&T but the offer only covered wine or beer which wasnt a problem. The staff were very nice and laid back and we would return if budget accommodation was needed again in Stuttgart.

• Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

I don't recommend the breakfast. For 6 euro I didn't get what I expected.

The location is great. Very near to the tram station. You can leave your luggage there before check-in.

You get what you paid for

It's a bed. It's a table. It's what you paid for and nothing more.

It's a bed. It's a table. It's a chair. It's what you paid for. Clean and cheap.

clean, comfortable, cozy...and cheap :)
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

There is no elevator :( and i had a +20kg (50lb) suitcase to carry up to the 4th floor! The stairs are winding and not easy to navigate with a huge suitcase. So if you are disabled in anyway, best to find a different place (or make it known that you can't be on the top floors)

beds were good and the 4 person bunkbed room was decently sized. The lockers in the rooms were a nice perk. The bathrooms were always so clean! I forgot to bring shower shoes and didn't even need to worry about that because the showers were so clean! The staff was so nice! The hostel is within a 5 minute walk of 2 major supermarkets and many restaurants and bars. The city center is within a 20min walk.

Quite good in a good mood
    • Single Bed in Male 6-Bed Dormitory Room

There were 2 guys who arrived at 3 am and started play the concert of noise, of course they woke us up , that was the only bad part.

My roommates were very sociable, we talked a lot about aour travels and in my final night we play carts, chess and chinese checkers.

Amazing stay, great value for money in a perfect location.
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Staff could have been more friendlier at times but as a receptionist, I realize we all have 'days' :D

Hostel has a great location, very central, the rooms are comfortable and clean, just as the bathrooms, the breakfast is great.

It's hostel, and not hotel, with shared bath and wc.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

It's hostel, and not hotel, with shared bath and wc. Both were clean. Nice location, there are 4-6 subway lains going there, and only 3 stops from train station. Friendly stuff. Room was pretty clean, heaters worked fine.

Great location with room to improve!
    • Single Bed in Male 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The room was very cold, and I mentioned this in the morning. I was so cold I could not sleep since 5 in the morning. Also there is no elevator, which is a big problem if you have bags and you need to go all the way to 3rd or 4th floor.

The location! The hostel is very conveniently located near the city center, 5 minutes walk to Christmas Markets and near a discount supermarket, in case you need something. Very friendly staff working there.

Everything you want in a hostel, and lots of little extras!
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

My bed was a bit squeaky so every time I moved it woke us up and the showers go hot and cold, though I figured out that if you keep it on the'O2' setting then it was fine.

The hostel was very clean and the rooms were a good size, meaning that there was enough space for our bags. There were enough hooks for coats and also large lockers in the rooms. It didn't feel like they had crammed as many people in each room. as possible to make more money. You can rent towels and luggage lockers for a returnable deposit which was really good as often in a hostel you have to pay extra for these things or just don't have an option. It was quiet and friendly and felt personal. The bar area was comfortable and you get your first drink for 1 Euro! It is very easy to access by either walking from the centre or by U-Bahn. We didn't have the breakfast but it looked nice and there is a lidl very close by. For what we got this hostel was extremely good value.

Good hostel just out of the main area of the city.
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

I think one girl in my room lived there and she was quite inconsiderate, with noise and lights when we were trying to sleep. She stayed up til the early morning with a light on. It would be good if travellers were out together that were staying for similar time frames.

The room was spacious, and not full. The bathrooms were clean. Great wifi.

The hostel- rooms, toilets and showers was very clean.
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The main problems were that there was a smell at the room and that there wasn't a cozy place where one could sit and read sth- there was only the bar. The sheets and duvet were also a bit old

The hostel- rooms, toilets and showers was very clean. Its very convenient, as it is located in the centre. Most of the personnel was gentle and helpful.

+Location, near to tram

-No elevator, really diffucult if you stay at the 5th floor -No remote controller for the TV at room -Not clean and not comfortable bed

+Location, near to tram +discount at first drink +The guy at the reception was helpful

no elevator.request lower level room if you have bags. lots of stairs
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

plumbing might be a problem. shower was extremly hot, weak flow. nothing interesting close by you must walk 15 minutes to town to see sights. beds were old and uncomfortable. small dorm rooms

fantastic breakfast with free coffee and breads throughout the day. great kitchen and dining room area . interesting building layout and decor in the reception area .cleaned daily and bathrooms were very clean. lots of good value places to eat nearby

Central, very clean, fairly unfriendly, and pretty unsecure
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The building was badly renovated to take out almost all the old features. The 'décor' in the room gave a lasting cheap, dark and dingy impression, the light was dim, the room faces onto a grey wall with windows, and features outdated colour schemes from the 90s. The room lacks charging points, there is no bedside light or shelf which meant I had to sleep with camera charging next to me on the mattress, fine until it falls down 2m and breaks, and no, I wasn't comfortable like that. When the lights go out, the metal bed is extremely squeaky (you're sleeping on squeaking coils which offset the squeaking frame) which, with the metal lockers banging as ppl sort themselves out, means you will have fun trying to sleep. Staff: It was like the receptionist was being forced to check me in, his voice and expression just lazy, clearly bored with being a people person. Reception attempts to charge 5euro more for the room when you book at reception vs internet without saying so. Similarly the barman was only interested in watching the American sports channel - I mean there is a TV but it is for him and not the guests. Similarly, you can cook in the kitchen and there are odd pieces of cutlery and plates if you look in all the drawers, but it is definitely the staff kitchen and it feels like you shouldn't be there. Security: No directions to the hostel with the booking, nor could I find any on the website, which meant I was unsure whether there was a recommendable pedestrian route from the station late at night and took the (expensive) tram unnecessarily. Breakfast is extra, so considering the room price paid is essentially for security, the room door not locking automatically when it closes is unacceptable for multiple occupancy because people are essentially lazy and selfish and that is not new.

Bathrooms were extremely clean, spacious, almost en-suite. Nice old character staircase doors, nicely decorated lounge area. Easy to get to -you could walk from the train station and the town centre which is useful because public transport is expensive there. If you do take the tram it is very easy to find without a map. Desk (without a nearby plug) and 3 chairs in the room. Apparently there is a terrace outside.

Nice location
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Pillows were weird in my opinion. Toilets and bathrooms are shared (which is acceptable for a hostel, but still i dont like it)

The location is nearly excellent. It only takes 15 min walking to the center , 5 min with tram/metro (u-bahn). There is a metro station around the corner (1 min walking). The property is quite clean.

Great welcome.
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Great welcome. Excellent breakfast with all needed for european breakfast. Very clean room, restroom, shower. Cool longe zone! All guests feel cofortable on the very big sofa enjoying first welcome drink for 1 euro!)))) Many tourist information leaflets and even chance to buy tickets to the museums at the reception desk. Higly recomend. Just 10-15minutes of slow walk from the train station. Loved the administration!

If you are gonna sleep less than 1 hour, then go.
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Old mattress I have ever had...it has 20cm thickness but when I lay down I could feel the bed frame at the bottom of the bed....the mattress was aweful, hard...and the door was too hard to ipen and close, only there was only one busy staff.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

One of the staff was a bit arrogant, most of them really helpful.

Location is perfect. Rooms are large. Breakfast is really nice especially their bread (tomato, cucumber, yoghurt, cheese, honey, butter, many tea options) It was comfortable and really cheap according to their advantages.

Clean, comfortable and in a great location.
    • Single Bed in Male 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Clean, comfortable and in a great location. The town centre was only 10 minutes walk away, and there was a fully stocked kitchen to use for guests as well.

I can't fault it, the staff were great, the place was...
    • Single Bed in Male 6-Bed Dormitory Room

One of the other blokes in my room snored like an out of control chainsaw but hey, that's not the hostels fault!

I can't fault it, the staff were great, the place was clean, the bunk was comfortable and the location was good too.

Cheapest place for staying in Stuttgart, good enough
    • Single Bed in Male 6-Bed Dormitory Room

So many stairs and no elevator.

Always someone at the reception. Good wifi. Good location, close to metro and to Lidl supermarket. Kitchen well equipped

Meh
    • Single Bed in Male 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Noisy...the door to enter the room was very loud, no way around it. People were smoking outside on the ground floor and it came right up into the room. Lockers are very narrow, not very useful for a large bag. I had an annoying roommate who stayed up all night watching videos on his phone. But the guy at the front desk was nice.

Nice front desk staff

the attituide of stuff was terribble when you notify a...
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

when you aware a stuff about the problem and she say you should get a hotel instead of hostel if you want accomodation , this show that for the stuff here resolving the problem is not important.

the attituide of stuff was terribble when you notify a problem in a room.

I wanna return to this great place...
    • Single Bed in Male 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The only down side? No lift... And it's a 5stage hostel ... But it's in a old building.

One of the best hostels I know. They have everything you want from a good hostel. Extremely clean: bathrooms, common areas, rooms, breakfast area, stairs. The toilets are very clean and very spacious like the showers... They look like hotel showers.. with places to hang stuff everywhere. The rooms are also spacious with TV and good lockers (no extra pay). The breakfast (6€) is very good worth the money with lots to choose from and everything is eye popping. The common areas are very well decorated including the bar, lounge and terrasse. After 22h is very quiet. The 24h (very important to me) staff is very nice and easy to communicate (also fast in email responses). Very close to everything Stuttgart has to offer.

The guy staff should be nice
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The guy (in the pic) didn't explain ANYTHING when I tried check-in. So I didn't know I can get welcome drink for 1 euro. I had to get 1 bottle of water for 3.6 euro. He was the worst staff I've ever met at more than 20 hostels

I met 4 staffs for 2 nights. Most of them were really nice. They showed me the ways to touristic places.

I stayed there just for a night, but all in all it was...
    • Single Bed in Female 6-Bed Dormitory Room

I stayed there just for a night, but all in all it was really nice and convenient for its price. Really easy to find from hbf, just three stops away with Ubahn and about 300 m walking. Staff was nice and the dorms also ok. Bath and shower were clean, outside the room, not sure about how many ppl, but for the night I stayed there was no prob. Nice cheap choice. Would definetely stay there again.

Great location, facilities, very clean and modern.
    • Single Bed in Male 6-Bed Dormitory Room

no complaints whatsoever, and i have stayed in hostels in several European countries....

Altogether a terrific property. excellent location (15 minute walk to center city, or use public transportation at the doorstep). Very clean, bright, comfortable. Plenty of showers and toilets on each floor. Breakfast included a variety of choices and plenty to eat.

The single room at the Hostel Alex was quite small, but adequate for a single. The bed was comfo

This is a hostel, so noise issues come with the territory. Although the Hostel Alex is a smoke-free establishment, there was a small smoking area right outside the front door. This area was very close to the windows of my room. The odor of smoke was so pervasive, the smokers might as well have been indulging right in my room. When a few smokers got together, there was extensive conversation, some of it quite loud.

Good value for money. Comfortable bed.