Reviews of Radisson Blu Hotel Dortmund This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

An der Buschmühle 1, 44139 Dortmund, Germany

#11 of 49 hotels in Dortmund

• Superior Double or Twin Room

This hotel lacks a bit of soul. The staff at the front desk are competent but lack warmth and I can probably say the same for the room I was in. The cleaning was a bit hit and miss. No milk in the room for your tea.

The best thing about this hotel is the breakfast. It’s really top quality. I also experienced some exceptional service at the restaurant. The bar was clearly a meeting place for business guests and had a lovely ambience.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast too expensive ! Bedding not changed during our 9 day stay. Insufficient storage in rooms for visitors with luggage for an extended stay.

Comfort.

Parking can be free-of-charge for guests.

Great hotel with full spa facilities, the heated pool is great for both adults and our 2-year old. The hotel staffs are all very friendly and provided us great service from check-in to check-out. The baby bed provided is a real strong wooden bed and not the light camping bed. Was great! The housekeeping staff who brought us the bed was really friendly and efficient.

Took 25min to book in hotel and 30 min to book out Resturant lacking limited menu very expensive. Rooms too warm,oustide noise, disturbances disco. Booked in advance reception did not have all our information

Rooms clean, Bar relaxing, Breakfast good.

This Radisson Blu is absolutely not the one that deserve that name. The facility is to old and not clean in the way as the Radisson Blu world wide is! We will never come back again

Only cocktail and bar tender meet our expectation

• Business Double or Twin Room

Staff moral and attitude was not nice. While checking out i have asked for a water ( same as in the room) she was like ' was furn wasser? '. She was not happy with the question at all!

Clean and tidy. Well organized bathroom

Over charged twice by over €300, despairing telling the hotel I had already paid for our stay

Location was fine for our first day of activities. If we were trying to get to city centre every day, it would have been a terrible location

I think that the people behind the bar (mostly the woman who worked saturday evening) should be able to tap a beer. We are in Germany!!! Adjust the waiters in the bar to the quantity of guests. I had to pay extra for a coke light during breakfast. If you don't drink anything eles (no coffee or water or juice...) it's not so client-friendly.

Everything was nice and clean. The bar was cosy, the lobby ok.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I enjoyed my stay in the hotel.Very helpful,friendly and English speaking staff.Close to Dortmund Signal Iduna Park and thumbs up for the breakfast.

Slow check-in, only one person ahead of us but we waited for ages to get to our room. The underground car park is extra and parking spaces are small and a little awkward.

Location was great for Juicy Beats Festival. Hotel was comfortable and functional and rooms very clean.

• Business Double or Twin Room

Pool is not always free because it is occupied by babies, etc. If you visit the same place many times the menu of the restaurant is monotonous. For a businness room the bottle of water should be free every day. There is not enough space of closets.

Location for my needs was fine. I always take businesss room and use gym facilities. Breakfast is what is needed and the menu at the reataurant is fine. Staff is always helpfull. The espresso machine is usefull also.

First of all, the outside of the hotel is one of the ugliest I have ever seen (ok who cares) but one wing had construction scaffolding which was a cause for concern. I asked the woman at the front desk if everything was open at the hotel and she said "yes....no problem." However, after checkin we went to make a dinner reservation and was told the dining room was closed but we could eat in the bar. I asked if they were serving the full menu in the bar and was again told yes but when we went to the restaurant, there was only the bar menu. That would have been ok but we found the main dishes somewhat over priced for the quality. None of this would have been such a problem except for the fact that the hotel is in an isolated location so there really is no choice of restaurants in walking distance. In addition, the service at the hotel was a bit unfriendly and surely. Also, not sure how to describe this, but the appearance of many of the guests was a bit off-putting (ok thats a bit snobby but true). Overall, this could have been a nice experience and there were some good points but I hesitate to really recommend this hotel given the service and guests. Not the greatest value for the price.

Location on the outskirts of Dortmund but that was ok for us as we wanted to get off the road. The area is relatively quiet with a super nice and large park nearby. There is very nice indoor pool which was a big plus for use. We rented a Jr. Suite which was pleasant.

It was a Sunday and we struggled to find somewhere to purchase tram tickets. We ended up walking all the way in to the Grand Central Station (worth a visit) and a very helpful gentleman sold us a 15 Euro ticket that would give us a total of 10 trips between us (ample for our stay)

A good location on the edge of town, with the trams running past the far end of the street. The room was a good size, comfortable, clean and with good aircon (very necessary).

Rubbish bins in toilet is not clean and have previous customers' toilet papers.

Staff in reception is kind, swimming pool is warm. Free water in refrigerator is provided.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Room was well equipped and bed comfortable. I liked that I could open a window for normal air at night. The restaurant was very good, better than I often find in a hotel. Near to the hotel (200meters) there is a park that is great for running (entry €1,5 after 6pm and €2,5 overday).

• Superior Double or Twin Room

More of a bar menu personally I thought it was a little pricey and not a great range of food on offer, but the food I had was still good but for me it needs more of a selection.

Nice and clean with good facilities I've stayed there before I'll stay there again

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

What I didn't like is some of the staff and the payment/charge system or whatever they call it or try to put the blame on. I booked through booking.com for 2 rooms and the total charge was supposed to be around Euro1,100 for our entire stay for both rooms (initially 4 nights without breakfast). Anyway, upon check in they pre-authorized me for the 2 rooms around Euro850/room, ok fine, but at around 2 am I received an sms from my credit card issuer informing me that my card was charged again for around Euro 250!! I asked the staff at the reception the next morning and they put the blame on their automatic billing system and promised that they will fix it. Next day around 1 am I received another sms that my card was charged again around Euro 160, again they promised to fix all problems but cancelled only the last trxn! I was supposed to stay with my family for 4 nights but left after the third night and upon check out, instead of completing the pre-authorized amount blocked at check-in, they apparently tried to perform a totally new trxn for the total bill of Euro1,570 which was refused by my issuer due to insufficient fund. No wonder to have insufficient funds in the card if the hotel keeps charging my card during my stay!! I tried to explain to the person in charge at the reception that she should not try to authorize a new amount but use the pre-authorized amount at check-in, but she didn't want to understand, and as arrogant as some people can be, she concluded immediately that without paying the euro1,570 she will not check me out! So I had to use my other US Dollar card to settle the amount in and was charged by my issuer for an extra $78 charge for using a US Dollar card in a Euro country, while the limit of my Euro card was totally blocked by the hotel because of the inexperienced arrogant staff! I was really disappointed! I travel almost once every month on business trips all over the world but have never experienced such thing!

Breakfast is ok, food in the bar is good, the facility is well located in a very calm area outside the city, 12 min walking distance to the metro and from there 10 min by metro to the city center. The pool and the fitness area is also good.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Very friendly staff. They had a very quick reaction if I needed for their help - iron board in the room, changing of the room, smiled and positive reaction to the customers.

Bathrooms could be updated and the hotel building look from the outside is a bit drab.

Very courteous staff and overall comfort and relaxed atmosphere. Convenient for those traveling on the A2 motorway.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I was awaiting more from the breakfast. The A/C wasn't really cooling in the room. But all in all a good experience

Comfortable room. Friendly staff. Nice smell in the corridors and a very clean hotel

Early spa booking

Staff was great. After a busy day I enjoyed the pool and steam room . Spa should have booked very early. Breakfast is nice and you may order omelet of your choice if on diet. Location is great because it is out of city , with green views (business rooms). there is nearby train station if you try a visit to city center for shopping.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

On the check out day - our checkout time was 12 o'clock. 2 people on separate occasions walked into our room. Then another time they asked when we were leaving. I found this very unprofessional and a breach of privacy as they used a card and walked in without knocking while we were sleeping the first time and the other time I was in the shower and my partner had to tell them again our checkout was 12.

• Business Double or Twin Room

The breakfast choice was incredible and the quality of food was excellent. The staff were very friendly. The hotel was very clean. Impressed that the pool area is open until 10.30pm Service was very good

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Business Double or Twin Room

I stayed at business section room. There was a continuous noise from some a/c maybe on the top of the building. Not good for rest and quiet. The view was OK though. The pool was crowded with local teams so I did not enjoy

All staff was friendly and helpful . Breakfast was fine and restaurant menu also but with little options (if you stay for more than 3 days). Facilities (sauna, WiFi etc.) satisfying.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

The hotel was lovely, very modern but comfortable and inviting. The staff were very helpful and always served with a smile. 5 minute walk to the subway station and 4 stops into the city centre. Very quiet area.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Three receptionists required Three different amounts for City tax. Of course each time higher. It is at least weired to play the tax first day we arrived and than right în the morning we left to be required to pay more. Never expected that in Radisson.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Considered to be a top hotel but: - when we arrived I waited for about 45 min for a luggage carrier. I had to carry all my stuff alone having to do multiple trips to the car and lift - I've asked for a quiet room and they have given us the room outside the lifts - the stuff most of them didn't get what I was saying in English and had a rude attitude. I've never experienced a hotel where the stuff doesn't try to do the things you ask for. Here they were ignorant by simply telling you not possible - location. I normally stay at the Steingerberger hotel when in Dortmund. This time I stayed here because Steingerberger was fully booked. Terrible location for Westfallen you can't just walk as it's too far, you have no shops or restaurants in walking distance. Had to pay parking at the hotel and at Westfallen or in the city. - lifts. Two lifts one was out of service for the entire period. The hotel looks kind of new but things started to go down quite quickly. - parking €10 a day and you are virtually in the middle of nowhere. Is that cost necessary as extra?? - costs: a rip off. £363 for 3 nights in the basic room. Didn't touch the spa facilities because we both had a cold and didn't think it was right. We paid over £350 in 3 days for food and parking which I find ridiculously expensive and crazy. The value for money is poor. Breakfast is 17 euros per person but their selection is poor. Pastry selection the poorest I've seen. Same with the English breakfast very bland!! The restaurant menu is simple, bland but mega expensive!! Absolutely crazy!!

Nothing really.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Spa centre was partially closed for improvement. Sections that were open were good

Great service and an excellent location. City outskirts close to parks and with good road connections.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

the sauna area was being renovated, we were not informed about it either before or on arrival. we found out when we wanted to enter the area already wet from having a shower at the room. upon check-out we complained, staff told us they did not have our contact details (ha ha... both phone and email were provided via booking.com). The lady said she would check with manager but we never heard from them again, did not receive an apology or anything else, seems the matter got forgotten! not really what you expect from Radisson and not satisfactory for a relaxing weekend. Seems this is not a leisure hotel, therefore not enough care is taken in that regard for the guests.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Loved the hotel stay in general great place to stay although food was a bit pricey.

I'm from the US and we stayed at a couple different hotels and the Raddison was the most convenient and closest to what you would get in the US.

• Business Double or Twin Room

The bed was supposed to be king size. But they connected two single size together. Next to train. Lots of noise after 9 am till 9pm. Unhelpful staff. No safe box in the rooms!! Parking has not accsees to lobby!!

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Is not located in the area to walk to downtown. Others Radisson Blu hotels are more luxury and cleaned.

Room size and breakfast. The staff from the breakfast and bar very nice and kindly.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

My room was close to the elevator, which was noisy at times.

The room is very clean, spacious, breakfast is excellent, fitness room and swimming pool are a surplus! Wifi works very well!

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Great hotel if you are looking for a hotel which is not situated in the heart of the city. For me who was just looking for a place to spend the night while traveling through Germany this hotel was perfect as it's easy accessible to/from the autobahn and you don't have to drive into the city center. If you are planning to visit Dortmund for other reasons than just traveling through or visiting the nearby football stadium, I would probably look for another hotel situated more centrally. The room itself was big, well cleaned and the hotel as a whole is well kept and feels very fresh and modern in comparison to many other hotels. The staff was extremely helpful and the breakfast offered a lot of variation in terms of food so make sure you include that in your booking as it's well worth it. Parking opportunities were also excellent.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

For the dinner and lunch, I hope there is various menu to eat.

Very nice with breakfast, Free water pool was really nice. I cannot understand why this hotel is not well known.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

- no extra towels, shampoo or shower gel in wellness area showers, obliging me to take a wet walk to my room upstairs to shower - shampoo dispensers might cause less package waste than all the different small bottles now in the rooms

- friendly and efficient staff - comfortable rooms with free water bottle - possibility to have connecting rooms - dogs allowed - extensive wellness area with pool, sauna and outside rest area

• Business Double or Twin Room

Perfect. The staff were very friendly. And made our stay very relaxing. Will definitely return. And would recommend a stay here.

Restaurant - Ondt buffet

Swimming pool area

location good Gym, nice wellness

Nice Bar, good bar food! Beautiful rooms!

- poor lighting in the room - staff in the reception (night) not very helpful

- breakfast - bed - spacious room

• Business Double or Twin Room

Great breakfast, the best gym I have seen at a hotel, nice pool and sauna facilities

Pillows were too soft.

Comfy bed and nice shower

Secluded place

Parking not free

Welness

They didn't do room service, which made 1 night feel like garbage

24 hr gym, make the pool 24 hrs also!!

Maid woke us up at 0815hrs in the morning trying to get in to room to clean it! Hotel very noisy!

Noisy outside. Room over loadibg bay and was noisy until midnight when I was trying to sleep.

Bed was big.

double room with 2 single beds

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Nice bar, good food, polite personal

Very friendly staff, breakfast was lovely, room was very comfortable and clean

• Business Double or Twin Room

Nice and warm room with a great view

location of room right next to elevator, constant noise level from elevator drive

bed too soft..

Location, Clean

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Food over priced and poor but everything else spot on

Everything, very unprofessional staff, charge to us for 4 rooms instead of 2!

charged me twice, bad communication, can not recommend.

very clean.

Too noisy !!!!!! I couldn't sleep

Very nice helpful people at the front desk and in the restaurant.Altogether it was very pleasant. This was our second stay.

Very nice and clean, fantastic breakfast

Too noisy lift right next door

Great bathing facilities for some down time: a good sized pool, two nice saunas and nice showers. Take a euro coin with you to lock your locker

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

1 machine à café seulement impliquant un temps d'attente important

Buffet de pdj énorme

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

I booked two double rooms and we were allocated twin rooms with small beds

Good breakfast

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

All of it

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Sometimes a strange clicking sound at the door or airconditioning

Clean and spacious, friendly staff, nice pool and wellness center

Expensive and poor breakfast for money. No parking for guests on match day!!

Comfy bed, nice room and very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Business Double or Twin Room

Best regards from us, we had good time in this hotel

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Proximity to Borussia Dortmund stadium Food in the bar

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Only room cleaning needs to improve

Bed with breakfast should be included!!!

The breakfast could be included

Helpful friendly staff.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Expensive regarding he quality of the room

lighting in the room

Great Spa facilities, great food

Food was a bit average but service was very good

Very close to stadium with added bonus that the away team stayed at the hotel which was very exciting

Browse Radisson Blu Hotel Dortmund traveller photo gallery