Reviews of Hotel Garni & Apartments Zur Alten Post This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Waldecker Strasse 39, Ortsmitte, 34508 Willingen, Germany

#15 of 31 B&Bs and Inns in Willingen

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Best food in Willingen!!
    • Comfort Double Room

The wifi can be better. I think a router on each floor would help and maybe a different wifi service. The airfy free wifi disconnects frequently and makes you sign in with each use.

We love the family that owns and operates this establishment. They are very nice and are very helpful. The food is actually very, very good and always made fresh. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We have been coming here for 3 years now and will book again next year!!

Perfect break

We had no snow ;-)

Pets were allowed

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Friendly, close to centre.
    • Comfort Double Room

Excellent selection of german breakfast including cake

• Reviewed: 20 February 2016

Very friendly owners, very patient with me as I was trying...

Very friendly owners, very patient with me as I was trying to speak German. The apartment, the kitchenware and bedding were all very clean. Free parking across the road, the hotel is only within a few minutes' walk from the main street with shops, restaurants, etc.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2015

Big rooms and the kitchenette was very helpful.

The only problem that we had was with the wifi. There was a problem with it on our first day and we were told that it would be fixed. Three days later, still no wifi. Very frustrating when traveling, especially when we needed to plan out our days with maps and places to visit.

Big rooms and the kitchenette was very helpful. Bed was very comfortable and the sound of the small river was calming. The restaurants were reasonably priced and the food was delicious.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2015

Really nice location, cozy room, excellent breakfast buffet.

I noticed, that you need to be able to speak German if you want good service in Willingen (shops, restaurants, hotels etc.). In this hotel the younger owner speaks English, elder ones German. I don't know if the staff always understood me right, because my German is not fluent.

Really nice location, cozy room, excellent breakfast buffet. A clean and silent hotel with helpful staff. Parking was easy and free. We enjoyed.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2015

The owners are Friendly and make you feel welcome.

Unless the hotel was non-smoking, there was à smell of cigarettes in the staircase.

The owners are Friendly and make you feel welcome. Good breakfast and overall good value for money

• Reviewed: 9 March 2016

Location, food and service are great!

Location, food and service are great!