Reviews of Hotel Am Blauen Wunder - Privathotel This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Loschwitzer Str. 48, Blasewitz, 01309 Dresden, Germany

#88 of 106 hotels in Dresden

The room I was given was spacious and quiet.
    • Zweibettzimmer mit Nichtraucherbalkon

There was some confusion at the check-in about what type of room I had ordered. I was travelling with a baby and I needed a baby bed. Luckily the family that I was visiting were able to let me use their travel cot. There are also some steps that need to be used to get into the reception area ,so this may cause a problem if you are a wheelchair user.

The room I was given was spacious and quiet. The bed was very comfy, with a choice of pillows. I also liked the fact that the bathroom was a proper bathroom giving some privacy when you used the facilities, unlike others I have stayed in recently. It was very hot when I was there and I was grateful for the extremely efficient air conditioning in my room. The breakfast had plenty of choice, which was fresh and tasty.

It was in a good quiet location with a comfy room. We felt misled over the price of breakfast
    • Standard Twin Room

The receptionist said breakfast would be 12€ each but it was 18€ each and while it was nice it was not worth that!

Nice quiet location and easy ride into the city. Nice room, good aircon, comfy bed and pillows and a bath!

Pleasant but needs important improvements
    • Standard Twin Room

The cleaning was not up to the 4 star standard, the fridge was dirty and we reported this to the receptionist. He came and cleaned it roughly with a cloth, not the most attentive way to solve the problem. The carpets have visible stains. The most unpleasant part was that someone, most likely from the cleaning staff, suddenly entered our room around 10 am when we were still sleeping. We had neglected to place the Do not disturb sign on the knob, however suddenly entering the room without even knocking seemed very inappropriate to us. Also, at the end of our stay we were charged an additional acommodation fee around 4€ per night without previous notice, we still don't understand what that was about since we don't know about any tourist fee in Dresden.

The furnite and ambience of the room were nice. The noise isolation was exceptional, even though we slept in the first floor with a road in front we couldn't hear any noise at all.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Perfect

Amazing room, comfy bed, great bathroom.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

The location was perfect being so close to public...

I didn't always seem to have enough towels. I guess I could have asked for more but there was no room phone so I would have had to go down....

The location was perfect being so close to public transportation, shops, restaurants, etc. but not right in the middle so it was quiet. It was nice having a/c which is hard to find.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

Ideal Position!

Breakfast too expansive

Ideal Position!! Near the tram Lines to the city center!

There are also 11 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Am Blauen Wunder - Privathotel traveller photo gallery