Reviews of Hotel Astoria This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Hospitalstr. 29, Stuttgart-Mitte, 70174 Stuttgart, Germany

#114 of 127 hotels in Stuttgart

6.1

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Pay a little more money for somewhere decent

The hotel is a bit run down. I saw a massive cockroach on the step in the hotel and there were rats running around the carpark! I did not sleep well for fear of a cockroach getting into the room. The carpet in the room was filthy and the room smelled like something or someone died in there. I had to leave the windows open overnight.

The staff at reception were polite and well mannered. The location was good

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Enjoyable stay.

Simple room with single bed, en suite, desk, wardrobes, TV. Staff were friendly and check in was simple. There was a new member of staff training and she was lovely. Good location and not right in the centre so not busy. Great for solo travellers and can’t complain for 35€!

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Enjoyable

Price and location

Nice hotel, friendly staff brilliant central location.Hotel a bit tired in places and I could not work out how the TV worked . Otherwise great value

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Over priced and disappointed

Location was easy and convenient

There were missing light globes in the hotel lobby, lift & rooms There was a vacant place for a fridge with a sign saying out of order, wifi was difficult to understand from instructions in room so when I approached reception to ask they let me know the room instructions are not correct and provided me a password (instructions should be removed from rooms then)

Staff friendly and helpful, hotel clean, lovely clean fresh...

Worn carpets, dated decor, no tea/ coffee facilities in room, fan working but stand broken so unable to adjust fan, missing bath plug. Needs little bit of TLC!

Staff friendly and helpful, hotel clean, lovely clean fresh white very good condition bed lining and towels, hairdryer, very central location

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Won’t come back

Carpet was extremely dirty and disgusting with the name of the old hotel in that place. Walls were also dirty and disgusting. Shades were broken and tied to radiator. Bathroom door and frame was broke. Cables running around the room.

Location and parking were great Stuff were kinda nice Nice bars around

Very good but depending on room

I got a room where the wifi signal was very weak! On top, the tv was not working! It wasn't that bad because i stayed there for only one night and arrived late! Usually the wifi is good (i already stayed at this hotel before in another room)

Very good location and although it's in the city centre, the area is very calm! Clean, very comfy beds and the room very well equiped and quite big!

Worst hotel I have every stayed in.

Everything. Room Carpet was very dirty, room was rundown, walls needed paint, lights were poorly maintained, and noisy all night long from the nightclub next door.

Nothing. Room Carpet was dirty, rundown, poorly maintained, and noisy

Don’t go there...

We arrive late and tired, we book the room really late and paid £134! Once arrived I took a shower straight away and discovered straight after that the hairdryer wasn’t working. I asked my boyfriend to go downstairs to ask for replacement. But they didn’t have one spare at all! Really disappointed. I asked if I could have a refund or anything and the the man at reception said: “Maybe you can have one breakfast for free, but only one, you know it cost €8,50” ...I was really frustrated because my holiday where just started so being sick was costing €8,50 for that man? ...Well anyway in the morning we asked again for a refund of at list €20 to the more polite man at reception and after he checked with management they agree to give us Nothing, just a voucher for breakfast for next time in the hotel. I will never come back, and even not recommend it! The room has a tv of 1200 years ago, the matresses are completely broken and with classic u shape, the moquette is really dirty and old, in the complex all the furbishmen is really old and will not suggest to take lift because of wired noise. If I was in your cloth I will be not comfortable to sell a room for that price! Not even for less! Just a suggestion.

The position is great, really well located. We arrive really late, so appreciate the reception opene 24h.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Upgrade to a larger room - and you will love it!

The Wifi reception was bad. Almost non-existent. Otherwise a very nice stay.

Amazing stay - the room was much larger than expected - I did upgrade to the double bed though - so worth it!! Amazing view over the rooftops of Stuttgart. Checkin was easy as possible. Bed was larger than expected.

I only stayed one night here and sadly spent hardly any time...

Didn't spend any time there really so I don't have anything to complain about. Only that when we arrived back there at 2am the guy on reception didn't appear to notice us enter and then go upstairs, which made me question the security a little bit, but maybe he did know we were there but just didn't acknowledge us.

I only stayed one night here and sadly spent hardly any time in the room as we went out for the evening as soon as we arrived and got back late and then had to wake up early to leave. But it was such a nice room. The beds and pillows were super comfortable. There was a big fan that we used to cool the room down a little bit before we slept. It had a balcony which was unexpected. A lovely sized bathroom with a bath and plenty of space in the main room as well. The lady that checked us in was very helpful; we were going to an event in a nearby city to Stuttgart and she was unsure of the answers to the questions I asked her so after looking on the website and still not finding them she rang the venue to find out for us. The man that then checked us out in the morning was also very polite and efficient with the checkout. They have a button that they press on their desk that calls a taxi to the hotel so you can even get a taxi ordered quickly. The location is very close to a metro station which is only one stop from the central train station of Stuttgart, (this is why we picked it). Sadly we didn't have any time to look around Stuttgart the city so I can't comment on how good the location is for tourist points in the city but being that close to the central station I imagine it must be pretty easy to arrive wherever you want in Stuttgart.

Ideal vintage West-German hotel for short business trips

Obviously, hotel is waiting for major refurbishment: furniture and appliances from the 80's look pretty awkward, carpets, elevator cabin and reception counter as well.

Hotel is located in a downtown, walking distance from the shopping street and train station. Lots of caffees, bars and restaurants in the vicinity. Good parking facility. Breakfast is still good, although 7-10 years ago it used to be more generous.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Location was very ideal for Stuttgart, also had a local...

The WiFi did not work.

Location was very ideal for Stuttgart, also had a local train station nearby so everything was easily accessible. Very helpful reception staff.

overall very nice hotel.. When I travel to stuggard I so like staging there.. And I do recommend

The TV.. Very hard to work out at first did have to ask reception how to work it..

The hotel is in the middle of the city very easy to get round.. To all the main site in stuggard

Excellent location!

Not all staff were helpful. There was nowhere a map to be found of the city so we had to go to tourist office. The WiFi was very annoying, constantly had to login again. These days should be better than that. Overall the hotel was clean but old and outdated. In this location they would benefit from refurbishing the rooms and upgrade their beds.

Location is great! Breakfast was good value for money as was the room. You get what you pay for.

Excellent Value For Money and Good Location

No AC in rooms but decent fan. No 24 hour shops nearby but they did have a vending machine.

Excellent staff. Good location. Comfy beds. Fantastic value for money!

It’s not my third stay there and the hotel blocked my money...

It’s not my third stay there and the hotel blocked my money on credit card even I paid for the room when we came in. Last year, it took me three weeks and four phone calls to unblock my money and receive it backon my credit card. I travel a lot, but this happens only here in Hotel Astoria. That is why I choose a different hotel for my next stay in Stuttgart.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

At least they arranged an alternative hotel.

Despite charging my card on booking, when I arrived I was told they don’t have any rooms. They provided an alternative accomodation cca 2,5 km away, which was terrible.

At least they arranged an alternative hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Worse experience ever.

The room, no air conditioner, no fridge, full of stairs

It was the worst experience ever, Bad cleaning, worse hotel I have ever been in, it was extremely hot and there were no air conditioning, the hotel is full with stairs, even between the elevator and the floor, not suitable for strollers and special needs people

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Convenient hotel near the center of Stuttgart

The hotel is not modern, but hey... What do you expect when you pay 26 euro per night?

We stayed here one night while driving to our vacation destination. The hotel and rooms are old, but clean and comfortable. They even have a built in radio in the bed which was modern 50 years ago, it's funny to see with nowadays eyes. Don't expect miracles of the hotel. The location is great though, it's literally around the corner of the city center. And there are (paid) parking spots in the area. We read reviews that the staff here was unfriendly, but I can only imagine the people who wrote these reviews were not the most friendliest people too. In my experience, the staff was super friendly.

Very friendly, well-located hotel - well worth it for a night or two.

Room was very hot, even with the fan they provided, but we coped! Decor somewhat tired & chair back broken, but layout of room really good & great bathroom. Still worth it, for the location - so close to the centre & we only had one full day to explore. Only 2 plug sockets, so not good if you have lots of gadgets - minor downside.

Very helpful staff & friendly relaxed atmosphere. We were lucky in gaining one of the parking spaces in the outdoor parking area behind the hotel. Good location, but we were there on a Friday & Saturday night and it was VERY noisy on our side of the hotel till around 4am (as close to some night clubs!). I think it's possible to book a quiet room, not overlooking the street. My mistake! However, we still enjoyed our stay of 2 nights. Great breakfast.

staff was helpful when asked for advice, location is perfect...

bathroom smelled of urine, elevator lamps definitely need fixing, elevator should likely be relaced as it makes sounds that sound as if it falls apart any second, all in all very basic hotel given the price, wifi was not steady at all times, VERY retro style hotel and rooms, could not get tv to switch on

staff was helpful when asked for advice, location is perfect, quiet at night

We got a room key and at night suddenly another person come in into our room with a second key! And talk to us that he stays here too!!! Crazy. The area is very loud at night.

Old dirty carpets, the paint on the roof was splashed with some stains, the were no minibar and the cable was just cut there with no tape or plug or nothing. The “TV” was a very small monitor. There was no air conditioning neither and the smoke detector was removed and in a drawer in the desk.

Good clean establishment with pleasant and helpful staff. Reasonably good value for money

Difficult carrying cases partially up stairs to3rd floor particularly given poor health.

The room was small but comfortable. The breakfast was excellent. Had a complaint regarding a faulty hall door closer and a loose tap fitting which when shutting shook the room but it was attended to promptly

Location excellent

The place is old and badly needs refurbishment. The TV didn't function.

The b'fast was worth the price. The location and access to city centre was great.The toilets were new and clean.

Price is good for the type of hotel , within the minimum...

The receptionist is not knowledgeable about tourist information guide. Don't know how to give instruction on the city means of transportation. Plus attitude seems very indifferent.

Price is good for the type of hotel , within the minimum budget.

Bed Bugs, horrible staff

Rude unproffesional check in, Unpleasent, The workers were just chatting and told me to sit down, and waited 30 minutes to check in, And were not friendly at all, And were not nice when i asked how and were to get to the room, becasue they didnt give instructions. Woke up next morning to a bedbugs in my bed, have photos and video proof, Went downstairs when checking out to inform them, they were extremly horrible didnt not care one bit, told me too bad and that because i didnt speak german that it is my fault/ wont and wouldnt call the manager. Was the most horrible exprenice i have ever had at a Hotel, Disgusting, having bed bugs in your bed in not just like a fly that is complete complete issue, not iam proboly infesting my home with bud bugs, and they lack and care / the staff knowimg they are bud bugs and being awful towards me wish that i never booked a room there thru Bookings.com

Cheap at 22.

Parking at the hotel is extra and very expensive.

Cheap at 22.5€ on a Sunday to Monday Staff was cold but helpfull in person, didn't asnwer the phone.

Still a favourite budget hotel

A double bed being two twins put together that come apart, a nuisance and if someone orders double bed it should be a double bed that is a double bed. Wish there was tea making facilities, especially on the days that the hotel prices are higher, amazed that during the trade fairs or busy time all these hotels can skyrocket to as much as 300 even 400 euro (still without tea making or a fridge) but on a Sunday night during quiet time can be only 22 euro!

Favourite for location, very close to stadmitte station and only 5 to 10minutes to walk down to city centre, there's a Netto supermarket at one of the entrances to stadmitte station, and plenty of eateries nearby to eat. Love staying here when the prices have dropped, you'll see nearly every hotel has dropped to similar prices but we always choose the Astoria as it's reliably good with excellent mattresses, tv, good WiFi, good bathroom and shower products, hair dryer, decent amount of space for luggage and sitting area and most times we have a table to sit at. And a space to put suitcase up off the floor. Breakfast is good value at 8.50 Euro per person. You can buy beer and overpriced bottles of water and soft drink in the vending machines in the foyer for 2.50 euro. Always great we have been able to arrive late from the airport after midnight and never had a problem checking in with 24 hour front desk unlike other places around Stuttgart in booking.com reviews where people have arrived to closed hotels they've booked at.

disappointing

no drinks,water. No minibar. Vending machine didn't work. TV didn't work. No safe deposit. Noisy if window open, no A/C.

breakfast was great

Stains on the carpet floor - bed in fair condition overall...

Stains on the carpet floor - bed in fair condition overall not a particularly comfortable stay. We preferred to stay outside as long as posssible so to not have to spend time inside a room that didn't make you feel at ease.

Reasonable price, nice location, awesome staff!!

I guess I don't really love the fact that they got rid of smoking rooms. As a smoker myself I kinda liked the fact that I could smoke in the room. Other than that I can't really think of anything too negative. Some of the rooms even have big, nice balconies, so if you're lucky enough to get one of those, smoking is not an issue.

Basically this is a great place for small money. Worth every penny, mostly because the room rates are very reasonable. The staff is also one of the nicest I have ever experienced. Not only in Stuttgart, but generally! Big shout out to the receptionists working at Astoria, you guys rock!!

Good clean and comfortable hotel for a good price.

I asked for a parking space, when i did my reservation. I get no Parking space. If you require parking space.. call them to confirm this... Parking in the street is 4 euros per hour, you can park maximum 2 hours.

Good hotel For a good Price.

We booked bobble bedroom but we got 2 single beds

No water in room

We booked bobble bedroom but we got 2 single beds We paid it with one card and amount got deducted from card and while check in we did not have the card with which we booked the place so we had to pay again

We got the appartment for 5 people and it was really nice...
    • Suite

The bathroom and toilet was in seperate rooms. The Toilet room is small and it is weird to place the bidet in the bathroom and not the toilet room IMO. Also the room was too hot but we stayed only one night so we didnt care to ask to fix it.

We got the appartment for 5 people and it was really nice and comfortable with enough space. The apartment is old though and it can be seen but all the old installations were fine. Bathroom specially very nice.

A quiet and tidy place

I agree with other guests' reviews. Many things require a renovation, like the elevator or the moquette that clearly shows the signs of the time (stains...). Some walls have scratches... etc.... but it has not been a problem for me.

I'm very happy with my experience in this hotel. For a very small price (just 35€ which is almost nothing compared to the overpriced Stuttgart hotels) they gave me a very comfortable triple room. Everything was clean. Room was quiet and tidy. Staff was courteous. No problems at all!

Ok.

The problem was that one day the breakfast was great and the second day it was really bad. It is not the same person making the breakfast everyday so you don't know if it will be good or not.

Great Location. Not very expensive.

Good location but overpriced.

Very old fashioned, the shower was partially broken and the beds (we asked for a double and got 2 singles put together, which was fine with us) had very different mattresses (one hard and one soft). We paid 70 Euros for one night without breakfast. So while the hotel is ok, it was a bit too much for what we got.

Great location, close to the comercial area and with easy access to public transportation. The place is also very clean and staff were friendly.

Convenient hotel close to the center and just few meters...

Convenient hotel close to the center and just few meters away from the S-bahn. Although the facilites are old, everything is clean and the breakfast is good.

Crap

Took 30 minutes to check in. Cost was €450 for 2 nights. Website said there was a bar, there is not. When I received room key eventually I discovered room freezing as heater turned off. When I tried to utilise WiFi it was not working, so I decided to watch TV but TV was not working, then tried to contact reception but telephone was not working. I went to reception and was offered batteries for the TV Remote !!!. When I asked if I could just call it a day and receive a refund I was told no. Receptionist then came to the room and verified that all these things were not working and offered me another room which was also cold, so I just turned on the heater and went to bed 75minutes after arriving. The hotel is generally shabby and in need of refurbishment. Other people had similar experiences. Never again ever if it was free

Awful

We paid nearly 400euros/night for this hotel and it was awful. Really run down, nowhere near a 3 star hotel. The worst part were the beds, the mattresses were really old and sunk straight down when you lay on them, so had a very uncomfortable night's sleep. The room was not clean, with urine visible on the toilet flush button. The worst value for money for any hotel I've ever stayed in.

Location was fantastic. Overall hotel experience could have been better

More standardized plugs. Bathroom was very small. They don't have a lobby bas as advertised - they have a chair that you can sit i.

The location was fabulous - right in the centre of the city and walking distance to everything. Breakfast was available from 6:30 to 10:30 which was convenient. Front desk staff were helpful but only ever one staff member which created a long wait.

Will never stay at this place again

Rooms are really poor. Entered the room at night it was very cold, no body bothered to turn the heater on, lights were not working, bed was uncomfortable and smelly. Towels were poor quality. Switch boards were not working

Only positive was the guys at front-desk who were helpful and very freindly.

Decent stay for a couple of nights

No ID tags for luggage left in storage (which is placed by reception but in area accessible by the public and other guests)

Good location. Short stroll to main shopping street. Good direct connection for S-trains to/from the airport.

Perfect price!

The rooms and fornitures are quiet old (dont get impressed) the carpets are not clear and even when the bathroom is clear everything looks dirty.

Big and quiet room. 10 minutes away from city center by feet. The bathroom was very very clear. The heater works perfect. You can sleep nice and tidy, the beds are confortable.

Staff are friendly as usual.

The pillows are not very comfortable, they’re very squishy and lay flat.

Staff are friendly as usual. Location is very convenient. Its close to the city center (Stadtmitte) its close to the U-Bahn and S-Bahn.

Regularly reliable good place to stay

No tea or coffee available, wish there was a kettle provided for tea and coffee There's room for a fridge, actually some rooms have a cupboard that look like it housed a bar fridge, and for the price of the rooms during peak season between 100 to 200 euro you'd think the room should have some facilities included. Beds don't have mattress protectors on the mattresses, these help the beds last longer and help with maintenance of hygiene between guests. For example there was a blood stain on one of our mattresses, housekeeping turned the mattress over when i brought it to her attention one of the mornings I was present during room service - otherwise there is only a sheet between any body fluids from the previous guests to the present guests :( Don't like either that not even a bottle of water is supplied. And difficult to work the tv with its box for whatever it is.

Have stayed here 3 times before as the location is great, close to stadtmitte station about 2 minutes walk so it's easy to get to from the airport and makes getting into a room to relax when arriving from a late night flight minimal hassle. All the beds we have had have been extremely comfortable, good quality linen and pillows and the rooms clean which is why whenever see Astorias prices as lowest always prefer to choose Astoria to stay at. Breakfasts are a separate price 8.50 euro per person which is cheaper than some other hotels and pretty good value for a good range of food thoigh noticeably even better this stay. When it's offpeak tourist season and nothing much happening at the trade fair grounds the 2 and 3 star hotels all noticeably drop in price, and for only 24 euro for 2 people when during busy season prices are around to 1p0 to 200 euro per room we be had an excellent value stay which we extended to stay 5 nights. Good WIFI.

Katastrofe!!!!

Morning from early at 6 o clock u cannot sleep here loud voices like they build a buliding. I think they somthing reparature in building but from 6?? Auuu... I find my smart watch broked in my room. They acting way to mutch ugly with u in the reception all time u come in looking to u wird like u a strage or a new member, or better to write like u was never ever been in the hotel even if i stayed here already some days.. Im crazy that i did... I buyed even a breakfast one day after whileni was eating they comed in several times disturbing me that i payed it or not.... Even if by the same reception guy i was payed nealy 5 mi utes ago... I feels worst and to mutch angry to eat my breakfast!!! Worst hotel ever!!! Dont stay here if u want good..!!!!!

Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbilivableni never had problem mit hotel aber das is einen katastrofe!!

Despite some difficulties, good value for its price

Although declared as non-smoking hotel, there was strong smell of cigarets in the room at check-in. At check-out after several days of stay it was asked at reception to pay additional cleaning fee for smoking (obviously cleaning personell reported about the cigarette smell remaining from the previous guest). After clarification the payment was not charged.

Proximity to the S Bahn.

Only reason I rated the facilities a bit lower was I am a big guy and requested the layout at booking for non smoking and double bed instead of two singles...i got two singles...was like sleeping in a baby cot for me..aside from that all good and excellent staff...very helpful..saved me taxi fair to airport for early flight by showing me S Bahn was open at 3am when i thought it was closed..so thanks.

Proximity to the S Bahn...2 minute walk..direct line to Airport and one station from main station..lots of cafes..eateries..convenience shops within same 2min walk. Cosy property priced for what it is..budget accommodation for a few nights..perfect

Not great luxury but value for money

Small parking spaces. A bit outdated. Elevator stops between the first and second floor so you still have stairs to take.

Bed was comfortable, room was also quiet.

for one night stay only

We booked a double room, but got a twin room instead. The receptionists were not particularly friendly.

The price and the location, walking distance to the city center.

Great location, helpful and friendly staff

I was a bit disappointed to find they had no double-sized duvets! Even though we had a double room (two single beds pushed together, as is quite common) - we had to use two single duvets instead of one big one, so we couldn't snuggle! I'm not sure if this is a standard thing in Germany, as it's my first trip here, but the receptionist said they didn't have any double-sized duvets! Also, the wireless internet never worked for me, due to an invalid security certificate on their ISP. Luckily my wife had plenty of data on her phone to hotspot with, but it would have been disastrous otherwise.

Staff were SUPER helpful, allowing us to leave our bags in reception for an entire day and night while we travelled into the Black Forest. Nicely appointed rooms, very clean, and fantastically well located for both the train station (30 seconds walk away) and Koenigstasse, the main shopping street of Stuttgart, which is only 2 mins walk away.

A great place to sleep over if you dont mind outdated furniture etc.

well, it looks like the time stop in 80s there. Room furniture,bed frame etc, looks outdated. But worth the price!

It was only one night stay. For me was perfect. Didnt spent much time in room. Just a shower and slept later. Value for money great. Everything close, withing walking distance. How doesnt mind outdated furniture etc, I would recommend definitely.

One of the worst places I hv stayed in Germany. BOOKINGS gave wrong recommendations not happy

- cleanliness, substandard beds, extremly bad light fittings, extremly bad towels etc., nothing that was good apart from location

Location, at least close to station

The room was darkish.

The room was darkish. The light in the bathroom went off while I was using it. That was really inconvenient because I was in a hurry to go out for the evening event.

Perfect city break

Perfect service, clean well appointed room. Good heating. Fresh and hygienic bedding and furnishings. Perfect location for concert halls and city centre,reasonably close to museums

Good location.

The female receptionist is very rude. Other receptionists are good and gave me a map and showed best places to visit. WIFI doesn’t not work inside the room. Sunlight will wake you up because windows are not properly light shielded. Elevator stops between the floors, prepare to climb stairs. The room key is huge and impractical to carry around. There are no Don’t Disturb door signs. Carpet is too dirty.

Good location. Large pillows. Clean restroom.

The location of the hotel is awsome - just 2 min walking...

The location of the hotel is awsome - just 2 min walking from u/s station, and a city center is like 5min walking! Heating was really good, the apartment was clean and it fits for two people!

Comfortable and convenient

Didn't like the price! But its how it in Stuttgart. Plus breakfast was extra.While the beer festival was on this at 100 euro was pretty much the best value for miles around

The bed was really really comfortable, hope all the rooms have good beds as would book to stay again because the bed so good. Very spacious bedroom and loved it being light with wall to Windows. Clean and modern bathroom with excellent hot water. The carpet is quite dirty though you wouldn't notice it unless you looked carefully as the carpet colour disguises it. It's in quite a handy location and easy to get to from the train to and from the airport Excellent buffet breakfast. Was able to leave our baggage there til we came back quite late in the evening

Perfect location, old facilities, cranky staff.

Staff was really unfriendly. Breakfast was good but expensive. Same holds for parking. Including parking fee and breakfast, the price went from budget to average hotel, while the facilities are definately budget.

Location is perfect

Handy of you are passing through.

The lift goes to the stair half-landings between floors, so you MUST walk up or down stairs even if you use the lift, even on the ground floor. If you have a lot of heavy baggage this is mildly annoying, but if you are disabled it is a catastrophe. Getting in the hotel in the first place is up steps also.

The room and bathroom was properly clean, even though the corridors etc showed that the property is getting a bit tired. The price was right There is a superb burrito shop about 20 seconds walk away that also does vegetarian and vegan food.

Convenient walking distance to Konigstrasse.

Steps to get to elevator and to room from room to elevator. Also steps to get in from parking lot.

Convenient walking distance to Konigstrasse. Breakfast decent, good for price.

You get what you pay for - but the location is very convenient.

The carpets, wall papers and some other items are due for replacement/refurbishment. The lift does not stop level with the floors - half a floor's stairs still to ascend or descend.

Convenient location to underground and city centre. Cleanliness was acceptable.

Great city, poor hotel

Didn't get chance to stay in the hotel as when we arrived to book in we were told they had let our rooms. Dumped us in a hotel 20mins away called Espenlaub which was not fit for dog! Staff at Astoria were worse than useless! Pictures attached were from Espenlaub!

Excellent last minute price, good location, room and breakfast.

With the windows opened the ventilation system of the nearby car park was quite loud.

Breakfast was varied and wholesome, well worth the extra they charged.

Location great, everything else debatable.
    • Suite

On arrival, there was only one member of staff on duty, he was dealing with another couple but didn't acknowledge our presence . There were 4 of us and we had booked a "suite" ( a very loose discription) , when we finally got booked in, the room had no carpet, lighting was poor, there was no remote for the TV and no tea/coffee facilities, it was generally noisy and "tatty" .

Location was great, walking distance to lots of bars , restaurants etc very close to the centre of the city.

The staff were helpful & friendly, the room was warm & comfortable with all necessary requirements.

The units within the room were very dated, the carpet had stains from previous guests spillage and the corridors were poorly lit.

The beds were really comfy, the shower was really good, a little dated regarding the decor but offered a powerful jet of hot water.

very central location

clean but messy and strongly in need of refurbishment ans repair, wifi terrible, duvet was stinking, loud and noisy (poor acoustic insulation of windows and walls), staff friendly but slightly incompetent (poor German).

very central location

The room was excellent for a solo traveler.

The room was a little dark, but not too dark.

The room was excellent for a solo traveler. The decor was pretty cool and the location was excellent. The staff were very helpful.

Good for a night or two

Not exactly in the old town Center

Value for money ! At the price they charge it's a steal !!!! Nice place with an average location ... Was expecting more maybe .

Great value rooms in downtown Stuttgart.

The Astoria is on the edge of the center of a bustling downtown Stuttgart, 250 meter walk from the Stadtmitte S bahn station. I originally chose the hotel because we had an overnight stopover on our plane route to the U.S., and the price was excellent. Originally we were to get to the hotel about 6 pm; so I thought we would have time for dinner and a little walk around the downtown. But the airline changed the flight times and we did not get in until after 9 pm. When we went into reception, I was afraid I had made a mistake. It was darkish, the rugs to the elevator frayed, and I thought, "What would my fastidious travel companion think of the place?" We checked in and paid and went to our room. What a wonderful surprise! The room looked new, nothing like the halls, with a great bathroom with hair dryer and wash gel dispensers, nicely separated from the main room for quietness. The main room had comfortablebeds, which had clean sheets, duvet-like blankets, plenty of light, though one was burned out, and excellent wi-fi. I went out and bought some food and got some money at an ATM. My partner read and relaxed. Plenty of food nearby, with pedestrianized down town. I did wonder if it would have made sense to change to a hotel near the airport, since we spent euro 16.40 for s bahn tickets. But I checked Bookings.com and found that we would have had to take a taxi to hotels near the airport. So a near-airport hotel would have been more expensive, and I would not have had the pleasure of wandering around downtown Stuttgart the next morning.

Good hotel in top place with reasonable preis, if the travellers don't have luggages

Very old lift with level different so it's not friendly for (heavy) luggage. Old facilities, slightly leak in the bathroom but can't find where it's come from

top location, quiet, friendly reception

Nice hotel

I booked a triple bed room but we get a double one. When i asked to solvent the problem they just add one more couch in that tinny room🤔.

Very close to the center. The personel was friendly.

Browse Hotel Astoria traveller photo gallery