Reviews of Hotel Brenner 3 stars

Rizzastraße 20 - 22, Mitte, 56068 Koblenz, Germany

#9 of 57 hotels in Koblenz

• Comfort Double Room

We were driving and the hotel is easy to find..place to stop and unload bags right in front of the hotel and then easy directions for off street parking. All the staff were very helpful and friendly. Nice clean rooms and within walking distance of old town and sights.. lovely stay

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The owner insisted on taking our car and parking it herself in there car park which we had not seen she also went off with the keys luckily we had a spare to get some more clothes from the car which was very unprofessional we did not get them returned until the next day the hotel was not finished to a very high standard and looked very do it yourself not very well eg screws sticking through the wardrobe door and could have ripped your clothes lots of unfinished bits Breakfast was mediocre compared to the hotels we have been to on this trip I would not recommend this hotel to my friends

Central location excellent air conditioning room and bathroom clean dining room lovely

Their attitude that their hotel was fine, & accessible, & there was something wrong w/ us for complaining. Also that just to have a glass if cold water you needed to pay 4 Euros. The air condioning wasn’t working either.

The room was beautiful, and wheelchair accessible. Unfornately the hotel has stairs, & the only ramp they had was thin aluminum pieces that bent when my daughter tried to roll over them. My daughter had to crawl in, out of her wherlchair, & they wouldnt even comp her a water!

• Comfort Double Room

Price is a little big and the furniture could be renewed. Lack of parking, a disadvantage for a stay of several days.

The spacious room and good breakfast.

• Comfort Double Room

No air conditioning in our room (although air conditioning is advertised on this website for all types of rooms offered) and the elevator was broken and we were on the fourth floor. We had all the windows open but it was very hot and uncomfortable in our room.

The location was what drove my decision to book this hotel. I needed a hotel where I could walk with my luggage to and from the train station. Very close to lovely places to eat, the river, the old town, and the palace. Hotel Brenner's location was great. Our room was clean.

Nothing it was all brilliant.

It was exceptionally clean and the staff were very friendly and approachable. It was located close to the old town with plenty of nice places to eat.

• Comfort Double Room

The lift was out of order. We are able to do stairs, but some would have trouble with that

Great location. Near enough to walk to boat dock, restaurants, train station. Not far from Deutches Eyk Nice garden. Lovely breakfast room and good fresh food. Nice variety Our room looked out onto the garden. Quiet and comfortable

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Good location, about ten minutes walk from train station and near river walk. Lovely room and quiet. We didn’t have breakfast so can’t comment on that.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Corner, doorless shower leaked all across bathroom floor.

Located on a quiet street not far from the main station. We had a quiet, spacious room overlooking gardens at the rear of the building. Excellent breakfast in a comfortable room where the tables are well spaced.

Not a fancy place but clean and comfortable. Our triple room was huge and even had a sitting area with a view of the garden. The staff was amazing! We had to leave in a hurry for a car rental without eating breakfast and they called us to say they’d hold it later for us. Such nice people, highly recommended!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Slightly old fashioned and could do with a more modern makeover.

Clean and comfortable. Good breakfast. Receptionist could not have been more helpful. An excellent hotel.

• Comfort Single Room

The most friendly and comfortable hotel I have stayed in in Koblenz. Not only that but they were very kind to me when I arrived late at night the day before I had booked. A first class hotel!

Very helpful and friendly staff. Large room (triple) with a nice bathroom and all necessary appliances in the room. Excellent breakfast, with a great area for children to play. Good location, walking distance to everywhere. Highly recommended for family trips.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The furniture was cute, the service was amazing. The breakfast was very tasty and there were a lot of options. Small business, Mom and pop feel was very nice. Valet parking.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Try to reserve a parking spot in advance, as birds in the trees lining the street may soil your car.

Very friendly staff, comfortable rooms, with an excellent breakfast

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room is definitely not worth the price, we asked for a double bed and got two single, the blanket was heavy and not fluffy, the bathroom was tiny and the shower full of calc, luckily we are both thin otherwise we wouldn't fit through the 50cm wide door, the shower was not comfortable to use, the noisy hallway, the cheap furniture.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The description does not mention that there is an extra charge for breakfast nor does it say that the quoted price does not include breakfast. This should be made clear. Having said that the breakfast was excellent.

The hotel was elegant and right in the middle of town close to the historic buildings.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

One person sheets, bed could have been better.

Excellent breakfast, very good shower, easy to reach, close to city center and railwaystation. Very friendly staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

there are few things to improve: 1/ it was hard to comunicate becuse of poor english 2/ it was expensive 3/ they must write that there are stairs at the front

the location was great

The mattress was too soft for me but it all depends on personal taste.

Very spacious room! Nice sitting corner with armchairs and kettle for tea/coffee. Special room decoration.

• Standard Single Room

The breakfast is spectacular! Many healthy choices, welcoming service, great coffee (Latte Macchiato etc. included), homemade cake, fresh fruit, and all the German breakfast classics. My room was cute, had a little bay window with desk which made for excellent working conditions. The bathroom is newly renovated, the shower has great water pressure and the towels are fluffy. The staff is lovely, eager to help and very flexible when it comes to requests. Highly recommended for a business trip or sightseeing (5 minutes walking distance to the city centre).

• Comfort Double Room

Though I booked single occupancy, as it was a double room, there were two sets of linen and towels. This seems to be standard procedure everywhere, but seems wasteful. There is (rightly in my view) a desire to improve sustainability throughout Europe and though I set aside the extra towels etc, I would have preferred the room to be set up for the anticipated occupancy. Hotel Brenner is no different than any other hotel that I stayed in during my trip and this is not a specific criticism of them as in all other respects the hotel is superb. I have already said that the range, quality and quantity of food available for breakfast is excellent, but if all you want is a coffee and a croissant, it is expensive and you may be better eating out. I personally didn’t begrudge the €11 cost.

The staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming. I cannot speak German, but this didn’t matter to the staff who were not offended by this and I was in my room within 5 minutes of arrival. Only ten minute walk from Hauptbahnhof, old town and Rhine (in different directions mind). Excellent range of choices for extensive buffet breakfast which was plentiful and unhurried. Excellent start to the day. The comfort of any hotel is important, as is location, but the quality of staff is paramount in making the stay memorable. I cannot praise them highly enough.

• Comfort Single Room

The spare bed in the corridor and roll of carpet on the stairs didn't give a very good impression.

I had a lovely room with a comfortable bed and a separate small sitting room. The staff were friendly and helpful. Quiet location, not far from the old town and walking distance from the main station.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room could do with rearranging slightly as the kettle was situated on a side table but there wasn't a socket there so had to plug the kettle in and boil it up on the floor! possible health and safety issue!

We were checked in by a very pleasant and friendly member of staff who also showed us where to park our car (secure car park some 150 metres away costing 10 Euros - but there were plenty of on-street chargeable parking outside the hotel). Our room was very spacious and clean with a good powerful shower and plenty of hot water. The buffet breakfast was good value - typical buffet breakfast of cold meats, salad, cheese, cereals, yogurts, bread and hot choice was sausages, scrambled egg and bacon bits. We would choose this hotel again.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel Brenner was easy to find, in a good location with many attraction like the 'German Corner' and to find some decent restaurants. The staff were very helpful and service at breakfast was charming. The breakfast itself offered a good selection of the usual fare. We were grateful to the owner/manager who collected our car from the nearby parking. This decoration actually gives the impression of a luxury accommodation with a modern and clean bathroom. Great location, very friendly staff! I would recommend this hotel and I will come back with pleasure here!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Given that we selected the hotel because of the disabled access, we were disappointed that the access to reception was up a short flight of steps. The lift and shower meant that the hotel is mobility-friendly once you are inside. The street is quite busy and noisy in the morning.

Hotel Brenner was easy to find, in a good location if you are happy to walk 10 - 15 minutes or so to the main attraction which is the 'German Corner' and to find some decent restaurants. The staff were very helpful and service at breakfast was charming. The breakfast itself offered a good selection of the usual fare. We were grateful to the owner/manager who collected our car from the nearby parking which meant we didn't need to navigate the one-way system. Koblenz is a very bike/mobility-friendly city!

Perhaps a bit quieter

Staff were excellent from the start.My wife was travelling with a broken arm,and needed extra pillows,no problem.Gave us info on restaurants and Rhein boat trips.Main reason for going was boat trips.P

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not a big deal but just be aware that there is no elevator (it does not have many floors anyway) and no air conditioner (on our room at least, which was not needed )

Good location, about 7 minutes walk from the main station, very clean room, staff was very friendly and we had a very pleasant stay. Wifi signal very good and fast internet available!

• Comfort Double Room

The room was spacious, immaculately clean, tastefully furnished, and quiet. The shower was roomy, a definite plus. The breakfast was generous and appealing. Laundry service is reasonably priced and fast. But most importantly, the staff's genuine concern for our needs was truly heartwarming! They made sure that we were comfortable at all times, and when we needed help getting anywhere in town they arranged or provided transportation. In short, they treated us like friends. Thank you Michaela, Suresh and Rajkumar. See you again soon, we hope.

A fridge in the room.

The staff were all extremely helpful, we arrived by bicycle and were given help to sort out our luggage and bike storage. Information about the hotel and location to restaurants etc were pointed out. Breakfast was good and plenty of it.

• Comfort Double Room

The only negative was that the air conditioning in the room either didn't work or the remote control had gone missing. However this did not impact at all on my stay even though the weather was very hot, the room was comfortable.

I booked this hotel last minute when I arrived at the station in Koblenz after having checked out of a hotel that I had first booked which was disgusting. It was less than 10 minutes to walk to and situated in a quiet side street in a residential area. The welcome I received from the gentleman on reception was very friendly and he was extremely helpful as was the lady who was on reception when I left. He gave me a room on the first floor (number 24) which was superb. Nicely furnished and very comfortable with a nice bathroom. Breakfast was included in the rate and was very good and you could either eat in the garden or in the classically furnished dining room. Hotel was a very easy 10 minute walk to "downtown" Koblenz which is a fantastic little town full of hidden squares with loads of Cafe's and bars & restaurants and lots of little streets for exploring. It's only a further 10 minute walk down to the Rhine where the tour boats leave from. Loved every minute I spent there.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It is not immediately obvious when booking that Breakfast is not included in the expensive price, and extra pay (10€) for parking. I have a cup of coffee, some scrambled egg and a piece of tomato and bread for breakfast and they charged €12.00 for breakfast.

Close to the river. Everything within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Comfort Single Room

If possible I would suggest to avoid the carpet in the rooms. Public parking, should be useful to have a convention or subscription to avoid surprises if you forget to put coins, more pratical.

Staff was extremely helpful and kind. The location was great! Very close to town center. I traveled with my adult kids and the room we selected had three very comfortable beds. The room was spacious and had a very nice large bathroom. Breakfast was very good as well. I would stay there again!

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff were fantastic. We arrived in cycles and they took our heavy panniers to our room and gave us use of a locked garage nearby for. Ike storage. They were really friendly and helpful. Made us feel at home. Thoroughly recommend.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The only available staff during our check out does not speak English. There was an incorrect charge to our purchased ticket from the hotel and it was not easy to explain it to her. The room given to us does not have a lift, thus we have to carry our medium-sized luggages via stairs.

The room is clean and big. Weather was warm, room has airconditioner. Sites to visit during our 1-day tour are walking distances -- max 1km. 1st receptionist we talked to knows English and he guided us where we can go for the tour.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room is a bit on the small size. The hotel is a bit of a long walk from the German Corner. AC doesn't work at night but during the day time, it will be on.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. They helped us taking the car to a parking garage and also brought it back for us when we left. The bed and pillows are comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast available but for an additional charge - there are many reasonably-priced eateries available in the area so this was not a real concern.

Small hotel in a central location with friendly, helpful staff who spoke good English. Room was decent size, clean, comfortable with coffee & tea making facilities provided. Good Wi-Fi (using two devices) Would recommend this hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room faced the front, a quiet street but nice and bright and airy. Bed(s) were extremely comfortable and everything very clean. Very good towels and WiFi. Excellent support from staff. Great location - a short walk to the pedestrian mall and the Alstradt and the river promenade. Loved how clean and pretty Koblenz was. We want to come back!

We booked a triple room, however we were given a double room with an additional extendable bed that almost killed our dog..The bed was not suitable for an adult person and it collapsed while our dog was underneath it, thus endangering her life! We were given a discount of 10 euro - I guess this was an excuse

The hotel is located near the so called old town. The staff was nice. The room was clean.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Parking spots are limited. So, you will need to reserve in advanced. For us, there was no issues.

Brilliant customer services.Staff went extra miles, gave us a ride to the restaurant. Room is very clean and big. Good quality breakfast. Less than 10 mins walk to the city. Thank you Michaela and Suresh. We will be back !!

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Internet was down while we're there but we were only there a night & they were working on getting it fixed.

The hotel is very charming, staff was great, great location!

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Although the wifi worked and we had codes that lasted for our entire stay, the service broke off and wasn't always reliable.

This mid-range hotel actually gives the impression of a luxury accommodation with the décor and furniture. The room was surprisingly large (although perhaps the physical structure shows it was not always a hotel) with a modern and clean bathroom.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The Internet was a bit slow, a fridge in the room would have been good. There was a fax machine, though . . .

This place is a delight: French Regency furnishings, good beds in a good-sized room, a pretty garden beyond the breakfast area and pleasantly professional staff. Secure parking opposite.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Wi-fi did not work. We received passwords for free but the network didn't even appear to the connection options. But as we just stayed for a night we didn't try to find out what was wrong

The staff was very friendly and kind especially the evening shift gave us a lot of useful information. Nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The Wifi was hard to use. I only needed it for map info of Koblenz, so it was ok for that. Don't expect to check email or make VPN connections.

Great location. Nice room. Super bed.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

A kettle in the room would have been nice,this comes pretty much as standard in the UK

The shower was excellent in our room.There is a lift,which was useful for our luggage

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I had with my i-phone some Access Problems at the WIFI that I never experienced before and no-one could help.

The room, the 2 separate beds were very comfortable - the staff was super friendly.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Wifi was a bit spotty and a little annoying that you are required to keep the receipt handy and retype the password every time you leave and come back.

Staff was above and beyond. Friendly, attentive, welcoming. Room was spacious, beds were comfy.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

all was perfect

I was pleasantly surprised to have such great friendly service in this (not so high) price range. The room was extremely spacious, the bed big and comfy, I totally enjoyed my stay and will definitely book again when back for work in Coblence

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Can't think of a single thing!

The location was perfect, within comfortable walking distance to two very nice pedestrian malls and several great restaurants, German and Italian. We visited during an unusually hot September, and it was extraordinarily nice to have a room air conditioner! Also, the breakfast buffet was outstanding... an entire room full of fresh selections. Very comfortable bed and quiet room.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Standard Single Room

--Very warm in the room (a fan would have been very helpful)--wifi not so great in the room I stayed in--

Friendly and helpful staff, secure parking (for a fee)

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Had a problem accessing WiFi. Around 20 walk to German Eck and departure point for boat tours but we didn't explore public transport.

Reasonable value for money. Plenty of hot water. Good sized room. Excellent breakfast. Welcoming friendly staff. Quiet street and easy to find about 8 minutes walk from station.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

The double rooms are too small.

The shop owner and staff are nice and helpful. The charge for the parking is reasonable. The triple room is spacious and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room decor was beautiful, dark blue rich carpet and beautiful white furniture.Lovely garden setting, staff very friendly and overall it was like a private B&B rather than hotel. Extra facilities provided such as umbrellas (which we used). Also family with young children were given a separate room with child facilities for breakfast. Don't be put off by the stark exterior of the building, a warm welcome awaits you inside.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Breakfast was not what we had experienced on the rest of our 2 week cycle trip through Europe.

Good location. The outside gives no clue to the large and airy rooms and pleasant rear garden.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No elevator. There was an elevator for another wing.

Very helpful, friendly staff (especially Suresh!). Very comfy extra wide bed. Very good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Can't think of anything.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful to two women from the USA, to the extent of helping set up our GPS for our next destination. Breakfast was great. Everything was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

My room was on the street side...so much for the "view of the city". Noisy nights! Rooms not sound proof. I heard my neighbor's alarm call early in the morning.

Excellent staff. Breakfast menu exquisite. Rooms are very clean and pretty. Bed very good.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Location was very good - easy walking distance to old town Koblenz. Breakfast was excellent too. Room very clean and tidy and the staff were helpful too.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing; all was perfect!

The members of staff were incredibly helpful, and went out of their way to sort out any problems, and to help us speak German. Their English was, however, perfect!

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

Wifi not great.

The room was huge and pleasant, with an excellent shower room. There was a tea tray - not often seen in Germany! The staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was excellent. Koblenz very attractive - altogether an excellent start to our holiday.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Was impossible to get a password to connect to wi-fi network -- seems to be one of the most guarded secrets of this hotel...

Central location, easy to find a parking place nearby. Clean and well furbished room.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

Everything good.

Staff very helpful & friendly. Nothing too much trouble. Good breakfast at extra cost. Secure parking available at extra cost if booked in advance. Room safe available free of charge. BBC World News, BBC 1 & 2 on TV.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Great location Nest train and easy to find. Staff so welcoming and friendly. Lovely breakfast room with garden setting

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Charming hotel, excellent service, good breakfast, walkable to tourist areas

Great location. Walking distance to train station and German Corner.

Service was high standard

The property was easy to find but parking could be a bit of a struggle. All the employees we interacted with were very nice and helpful.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

spotlessly clean throughout comfortable beds lovely shower great variety at breakfast staff understand English

Very friendly and helpful staff. Easy access to parking. Room (Comfort Room) and bathroom large and extremely comfortable. A very enjoyable stay.

• Standard Single Room

Clean and comfortable room. Good German-style breakfast. Convenient location to the city center.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very small bathroom, water temperature unsteady.

Nice staff

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Good Breakfast, Good Staff, Good Location. Cleanliness.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff really pleasant, friendly and helpful. Excellent breakfast.

Browse Hotel Brenner traveller photo gallery