Reviews of Novum Hotel City B Berlin Centrum This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Potsdamer Str. 129, Tempelhof-Schöneberg, 10783 Berlin, Germany

#352 of 579 hotels in Berlin

Nice neighbourhood, silent and kosy, not so far from mall of...

The room got a little bit hot, no aircondition bur possible to open the windows very wide up :)

Nice neighbourhood, silent and kosy, not so far from mall of berlin, walking distance :) Nice bathroom :)

too expensive for the class of hotel..

that TV was totally off line, that even the electricity (light) was partly off; that AC did not run; I had a huge room (4 four people) by my own, but not very cosy; so zthe room did not fit to my challenges..

Terrible. 1 out of 5 (not booking.com's minimum 2.5 score!)

I booked a room with a double bed at the ‘single occupancy’ rate as I was travelling alone. I found I did get a double bed but not a double duvet to go with it. Instead I was given two smaller-than-single duvets. These were no good at all and made it pointless having a double bed. It was very uncomfortable trying to sleep under a minuscule duvet. I asked for a double duvet at reception but the receptionist said this is how they do things. I can only assume it’s because I specified single occupancy (the cheaper rate) and they think giving double duvets would allow people to share the bed. If that’s the case they really should make this policy clear at time of booking. I would have booked elsewhere. I emailed a complaint to the hotel a few weeks ago but they have not even acknowledged it. I would rate this hotel as 1 out of 5 but booking.com doesn't allow lower than 2.5, so evn the rating system is dishonest!

The room was large.

Decent hotel - good location

The room was big enough but it needs a bit of refurbishing.

Underground station in front of the hotel. Very convenient line to go to all popular sights of the city. Room was clean. Stuff was polite.

A comfy stay

Its quite loud at night but just close ur windows tightly and everything will be fine

The bed is very comfy The room and the bathroom are big and clean The u-bahn and the bus are just beside the Hotel (1 minute walk)

I was given the key to a room.

I was given the key to a room. When I opened the door, I found the room was occupied by a couple having sex. I closed the door and went back to reception and was given a key to an alternative room. This happened at 18:45h, the early evening.

The location is great and the staff is helpful and friendly.

Some rooms have main doors that did not close properly. The first two nights we were placed in the special needs room next to the housekeeping storing facility. The noise that came from the housekeepers every morning combined with the bad room door that did not seal made for a bad night sleep. The staff was very friendly and moved us to another room after 2 nights. The new room was miles better.

Cheap, decent hotel with uneven rooms and excellent transportation

We were given seperate rooms on entrance and 4th floors even though i asked for near ones 4 months in advance. No 2 rooms are same some are sunny and huge, others dark and small... and for the same price

Easy to roam around berlin,next to u bahn station. Really cheap alternative to others. Some rooms are really big. Good facilities and house keeping

The best thing about this hotel is definitely the location.

Breakfast in the hotel is too expensive, keeping in mind there are tons of options for breakfast in Potsdamer street alone, even for an early breakfast. If all you need is a bakery, there is one just across the street which opens at 5AM. My room did not have a central light in the sleeping area, but only 2 bed-side lamps.

The best thing about this hotel is definitely the location. 15 minute walk from Potsdamer Platz, 2 minute U-bahn ride from Wittenbergplatz, less than 5 minutes walking distance from all the food diversity in Maaßenstraße. I had a good rate with Booking.com and staff was very friendly and helpful. The room and bathroom was clean.

Bad staff in the night-time

The night-time receptionist was very arrogant and always looked ugly at us, he screamed at me, a man like this should not work as a receptionist, to have contact with people.

The room was big.

Good break away
    • Room with 5 Beds

Very noisy by a busy main road which some people might not like , though quiet at another end of the hotel

Near to the u bahn ,clean , room was ideal for our party . Breakfast great , staff helpful

Reasonably priced and good value for money.

Could have been a kettle in the room and we questioned why our safe wasn’t working with reception on the evening we checked in and the man said someone would come and look at it in the morning however this never got looked at! :(

Bed was very comfortable and the location is excellent with the train station directly opposite!

Location, but that was it.

The hot water tanks in the room are tiny, so we were with two people and halfway through one of us would have to take a cold shower. They also put us (a couple) into a hallway with multiple rooms of young guys who were there to drink and party, so we got woken up at 3am every night. Furniture was old, scratched etc, and literally nothing on the walls for decoration in the rooms. Overall would not return.

Location, but that was it.

A calm and relaxing place that would meet your every need.

The rooms were clean but friends stayed in a different room and had much larger and more comfortable beds - so get in first!

The place was excellent value in a central location. The area is relatively quiet but the Cafe Di Van cafe was a delightful place to visit each day for a breakfast.

Would stay here again.More than pleased with the hotel and staff.

The beds were very comfy,the room was large and nice and clean.All the staff were more than helpful.We were able to check-in at 11am for 15 euros and borrowed a kettle from reception for a 10 euro deposit,which was refunded when we checked out.The hotel is handy for getting into central Berlin, either by underground or bus, and there's plenty of shops and restaurants around.

Big room, maybe even excessively big as for one person (I...

Big room, maybe even excessively big as for one person (I guess I've got triple room). Huge windows were directly facing U-Bahn station and a busy intersection. Surely, not everyone would feel easy about that but I really enjoyed the city vibe and lighting at night. There is absolutely no street noise with closed windows.

Good location and beautifully clean

This hotel has a really useful location, right next to Bülowstraße Station which is on the U2 U-Bahn line, so very easy to get around, theres also a bus stop right outside with useful bus routes. The hotel staff are very helpful and speak good English. They were particularly helpful in helping me organise cabs to Tegel Airport for a gout of musicians. My room was beautifully clean and comfortable and everything worked well in it.I had a double with single occupancy. Hotel breakfast is a sumptuous and will keep you going all day if you take full advantage of everything on offer. There a cafe linked to the hotel which seems to be open pretty much 24 hours. So for the price range this is an excellent place to stay. I'd happily go back.

good value for money
    • Room with 5 Beds

-the bathroom- way to small and very different as presented in the photos(instead of the cabin shower there were some curtains); -the fact that was very cold in room; we couldn't heat the room in a timely manner; this also applies for the bathroom

-the location is great: the hotel is right next to the metro station - the room was spacious for 5 girls -great breakfast -friendly staff

Having a good place to stay always makes an already good trip a great one!

The spaciousness of the room and the helpful, professional attitude of the staff, also, the breakfast buffet provided of a morning was both full of variety and delicious!

The hotel was very close to the metro station.

The elevator smells bad ,maybe the carpet.We arrive at the hotel at 23:30 and outside it wa svery cold.When we go to our room,the windows were open and the room was cold too.That happened every day.Although they clean our room daily,they forgot to close the window and when we arrive to our room was very cold.

The hotel was very close to the metro station.The staff was very friendly and helpful.There are restaurant and caffe around the hotel.

We had a great time in Berlin and a great stay at the hotel Iwould recommed the hotel to family etc.

The bed was so comfortable due to the fact of a good quality mattress woke up in the morning refreshed Room was cleaned everyday towels changed everyday of our stay which was good to come back too and the warmth of the room was lovely as the weather was very cold so cosy

Ok hotel for that pirce.

We had windows facing Potsdammer Str and its was too noisy. Room was very warm and we needed to open windows, but then at nights it was too much noise from street. There was no ceiling lights in our room, just one table lamp, and one floor lamp.

Room was spacious, did not hear other quests. Good cafe for breakfast just across the hotel, plenty kebab places around for late snack. Close to center even by foot, public transport just around corner.

Clean and comfortable.

Sunshades do most of the job, but are not designed to provide total darkness in the room, as is my personal preference. Maybe a second thicker layer of curtains, wall to wall, would help.

Very clean, very comfortable room, large bed, warm room, fast wifi, easy access to U2 metro line just a few meters away. There's a safe in the room for valuable belongings.

Location: metro & bus stops right outside hotel.

Lights in the room! So weak, we couldn't even read a book! Apart from a channel in French and CNN in English, all other channels were in German! Not always easy to find the right temperature of water for shower.

Location: metro & bus stops right outside hotel. Not too far from main attractions.

Great location, horrible customer service.

1- The customer service is really bad. I called them a couple of days before I arrived and they didn't pick up the phone. When I was at the hotel, I called them from my room and they never answered my calls. At 1 am I went to reception because I needed a power adapter, and the employee at reception told me that I had to give him 10 euros as a deposit, but I didn't have any cash with me. He told me that I had to go to an ATM because he wouldn't borrow it to me. I told him that he could charge the deposit to my room, but he said that he wouldn't borrow it to me if I didn't give him 10 euros cash. I had to go out, it was really late (1 am) and it was snowing (-2 degrees). 2- Nobody checks who is going in and out. 3-I also sent them a message via booking.com regarding my room but they never answered my message. 4- The first night, I arrived around 10 pm. After a couple of hours I realized that the electricity system in my bathroom was not working at all, so I asked the reception to fix my problem, but they told me that I had to go downstairs to reception in order to complain. After going all the way down, the employee at the reception told me that I had to wait until the next day in order to change my room, because the night shift is not able to do that.

The location of the hotel is really good.

Well located Hotel for the price!!

Could improve a bit the cleaning under the beds.

Good location with metro to alexanderplatz in front, a lot of restaurants nearby, nice rooms in the winter time, staff is very sympathetic!!

Will come back there later!

Everything was extremely good!

The location is pretty nice ‘cause it’s kinda simply to get to anywhere in the center of Berlin 24/7. Plus the hotel is situated in the comfortable area with cafes, bars, munchies points and even with the gay street, where you can have fun, buy souvenirs etc.

I would definately visit this hotel again!!!

Our room was a bit small thpugh our friend's room was quite bigger. But we needed a place just to sleep so it didnt matter at all. So since it was very clean and quiet it was just fine!

It was very convenient. Metro station just in front of the hotel. Many places around to eat or drink though we didnt visit them. If you like walking around it s about 20-30' walking to Bradenburg gate and Alexanderplatz

Poor, wouldnt stay again

Shower was broken for duration of stay, flooded the bathroom when used, notified staff twice, floors dirty, lots of noise during night from within hotel.

Room looked nice and modern

The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the room was...

Staff could be more friendly. Tv programs were in german...

The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the room was very clean. The metro station is across the street, which is very important because the city is big. There were stores and cafes at the neighborhood. It's about a thirty minute ride by taxi from schoenefeld airport (without traffic, 40 euros). I would definitely stay here again!

We were satisfied and we could come here again.

(1) Lack of light in the room. (2) Lack of hanging sticks and shelves in the bathroom.

(1) The room was very comfortable and spacious. (2) The bathroom was clean and spacious.

me and my friends stayed for 3 nights and had a great time, already recommended to others!
    • Room with 5 Beds

While this property might not be in walking distance to the main tourist attractions of Berlin, there was a bus stop and train station right outside your door! Very quick to get wherever you wanted to go. Also having gone out a night, there was no issues coming back late.

Weekend stay

Did not pick up the phone or answer their e-mails before our arrival as we wanted to confirm check in after midnight. Better contact Booking support.

Great location, very clean, comfortable beds, warm for those who visit in winter, great staff at reception, nice burger restaurant in the hotel. 24 hour reception.

Big rooms, plenty of space, 50m from the metro.

Not so good neibourhood. No bars or restaurants close to the hotel.

Big rooms, plenty of space, 50m from the metro. 1,5 klm- 15 minutes on foot from Potsdammer platz.

Exelent location!

I asked for 3 single beds. Unfortunately the room had 2 single beds and 1 sofa bed. The sofa bed wasn't very comfortable

All was good. Excellent staff!

Good stay, value for money

No proper security measures while check-in. I arrived later than my friends. When I reached the reception desk and said that probably they already checked-in, the reception asked nothing about me and directly told me the room number. Not even my passport's photocopy was taken which is very standard procedure. I could be a stalker or a terrorist, and could get away doing something terrible, and they would have no way to trace me! Given that Berlin had several incidents recent years, that is a very bad approach towards security measures.

The room was spacious, bed was very comfortable, good location. Good value for money.

Perfect stay.

Very big room. Everything very luxurious compared with other hotels and hostels which I paid the same money for. No need to go somewhere else. Just Perfect.

Confuse something

Early check in you are there bit after 10 morning and you pay exstra 15€ early check in but still need wait until 11 you got room even they have free rooms and that is nonsense thing. What difference is they gave this 10 or 11 when they have free rooms and i pay that 15€?

Location, wifi, big room, mostly quiet.

Clean and comfortable with easy access to public transport

Great location with public transport just outside the hotel, 10 minutes to city center. Everything clean, beds comfortable, room was very specious room. Plenty of food options outside. This was a very good deal for a weekend in Berlin. Highly recommended.

Excellent hotel

- Room had no water cooker - During booking I sent a message with some questions but they never replied to me

- Next to the subway station - Comfy beds - Big room - Very friendly staff

Great location - Value for money

Free wifi, though there were restictions in having access to some applications. Noisy corridors and deficient cleaning.

The location was great with a metro station outside the hotel. The room and the bathroom were spacious. Helpful staff.

Quite nice, but could have been better room quality (esp the heater)

Although i put the booking with filter of "include breakfast", my package didn't come with breakfast. Heater in the room doesn't work properly. Got very chilly on the winter which then i need to put more than one layer of clothes and use all the blanket they gave.

The size of the room is quite big, and the wifi is good. The bed is quite comfy, and the toilet is pretty clean.

Good price & location
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

Good location, can reach famous sightseeing objects on foot. Clean bedding sheets. Parking in a garage. Friendly & hekpful staff, speaking English.

The room was clean and big enogh.

There was no tissu in the room!!! The staff at the front desk was not acting friendly at all! The pillows were too soft! There was no refrigerator in the room! There was no water in tthe room!

The room was clean and big enogh. The bed was comftable. The rooms service was nice. The location is good and it has a really good access to public transportation.

One of the most cost-effective stay
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

Only one pair towels were left for whole stay

Our room was pretty huge, super clean and beds were so comfortable. The otel is located just near the U Bahn station

Great for weekend stay

Warm water was available only for 5~10 minutes. There was no way that 2 people can get a shower one by one. First person must hurry up to not finish showe in cold water.. TV has only few channels , all in german.

Staff was speak english well. Room was spacious, well cleaned. Location is perfect. Bus stop is just near to the hotel doors, U-Bahn just about 2 minutes on foot. Reception is true 24h(we checked out on 4am without any problems). There is great bakery with coffe just in front of hotel, few cheap kebab restaurants(also 24h) and small 24h shop.

Deposit for ironing was asked.

Deposit for ironing was asked. Most of the staff did not speak English. Rude behaviour towards customers. The room was connected with another one, the only separation was a wooden door within the room. I would not recommend.

Comfortable, pleasant stay in Berlin

There is no proper sign with the name of the hotel

The windows were very big, the beds very comfortable. There are metro and bus stops right in front of the hotel. We had a really nice stay here.

Great stay

The pillows were feather pillows i didn't find these very comfortable. and the hotel all you can eat breakfast was £12.90 per person a day which I thought is very expensive.

The location was perfect. The tube stops right outside the hotel which you can access all of berlin with this tube. The rooms were great and very quiet, the staff were very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to berlin. Nice restaurants and bars near hotel, great Thai restaurant next to hotel

Great base for a weekend

They were doing work in the foyer.

Staff got us extra pillows when I asked. Hotel was clean, quiet, comfortable and really close to the U-bahn. Bars and places to eat on the doorstep.

Great location and really spacious rooms for a good price. Room 501 has 2 floors and 2 balconies.
    • Room with 5 Beds

The reception was in the middle of a renevation so a little noisy and inconvenient. We were charged €4 for a bottle of mineral water in the room without being informed thee was a charge for it.

Absolutely huge room with balcony. Basic although spotless. Great location on Bulowstraße.

The stay was moderately okay.

Traveled alone and had booked a double room with 1 double bed. But for a single person a room with a large room with 5 beds was provided. Hotel did not have overhead lights in the room. Only table lamps. Surprised to see this.

location of hotel

Decently hotel, a little far from the main hubs but all easily accessible by the U bahn.

No coffee making facilities or fridge in the room but plenty of 24/7 shops across the road. 2 single duvets on a double bed, not sure if this is a European thing, bed was comfy though and room was a good size!

Good location near underground station so could access Berlin sites fairly easily. Plus there was no noticeable noise when the windows were closed. Friendly staff.

Bad location in a very seedy and dirty area of the city.

Bad location in a very seedy and dirty area of the city. Metal fencing around the facade of the building and wooden hoarding inside the reception area. Rooms very basic with uncomfortable beds.

The hotel is well located, close to metro and bus lines.

We received a 2 single bed room, one of the beds was ok, the other was really uncomfortable.

The hotel is well located, close to metro and bus lines. Room was quite big. Restaurants, caffees and bakery were within walking distance. Bath was clean.

Right next to train station which was good. Clean and warm. There was work going on in reception.
    • Room with 5 Beds

I didn’t like the fact there was no kettle. This was a big issue for my family.

There was no kettle. I had never stayed in a hotel with no kettle. I asked at reception and I was told there were no kettles. This added about an extra £100 to our hotel expense as we had to buy teas and coffees morning and evening. No kettle very disappointing.

Nice stay :)

Good location, U-bahn (U2) and bus station in front of the hotel... there are also a lot of restaurants at the same street... Staff were very helpful...

Staff were great.

Very very noisy location, room facilities very average - 1st room no hot water, 2nd room no cupboard & overhead lights. Construction work in reception area and 15.00€ for breakfast is pretty steep. We found at least 5 cheaper hotels that offered more value for money.

Staff were great. Friendly and helpful and internet was good.

Amazing location, close to the U-Bahn.
    • Room with 5 Beds

The room was dark as there was only one lamp.

Amazing location, close to the U-Bahn. We got a room with a view and gummy bears on each bed. Good value for money.

Incompetent staff

Left my luggage behind reception upon return they had given it To a stranger and I was left with nothing

Good location and breakfast that's about it

Don't stay here if you want Wifi. Otherwise, it's nice enough.

The Wifi almost didn't work at all. It was really bad. When you're travelling on business, this is really bad. I sorted by Wifi and didn't get what I paid for.

The hotel was comfortable and clean. I can't complain.

Excellent location with great facilities.

I did not receive a response regarding early check in. It would have been great if I did receive a response as I had to pay 15 euros to check in early.

The room was very similar to the pictures and the location was great! Very close to the underground station. The facilities and staff were excellent. I would definitely go back and stay here again. I would thoroughly recommend this place to any travellers looking to visit Berlin.

Location- but the rest is terrible for German/any standards

hot water supply at this hotel runs on boiler... so for a 3 star hotel its ridiculous... in the evening after i barely finished to wash my hair (after waiting many hours for the water to reheat) surprise-no hairdryer!!! i asked a friend to come over to bring me something to eat and drink, as i could not go outside myself, and the gentleman at the reception did not let him come upstairs to drop the things off...so i needed to get out and pick the stuff with a towel on my head- absolutely absurd, so much ill-will i never expected. Totally disappointed, i will never return!

Location across the u-bahn station

Perfect hotel which met my needs.

Great value hotel in perfect location, left side of the metro station. You can be in the hotel within a couple of minutes after exiting station. Nice clean room with all required facilities. Nothing to complain about.

A quirky place in a great location

I booked the trip for business purposes, but when we checked in (at 1.30am) I was told that I had to pay on my debit card. I also booked breakfast, but that wasn't registered on the hotel booking. I was also told that I had to pay in GBP rather than Euros, but wasn't given the choice like it said on the receipt. My colleague's room was twice the size of mine and we both had a single duvet on a double bed. All in all, quite a quirky place!

The hotel was in a perfect location and easy to get to using public transport. There was a wide breakfast selection, however it was a little on the expensive side.

good location and good value for money

The room does not have a mini-fridge. A thing which was not very welcolming was a greeting card attached to a water bottle, which said: "welcome, 4 euro".... not very welcoming :). took it as a joke.

Good location and very close to the U-Bahn. Helpfull staff and clean rooms. Parking available in the hotel garage, but also free of charge, under the U-bahn bridge.

Good location, value for money.

No aircondition in the room !! we where there in summer and had a room on the top floor so the room got very hot. we were provided with a small fan.

Staff is very friendly, approachable and knowledgable. Room was quiet with plenty of space. Beds were comfortable with clean sheets. Location is very good as it is next to a metro station. There is also a coffee place, a kebab place and a supermarket within a few steps of the hotel.

Th

The room was looking out to the street so people who have light sleep may find it disturbing especially during the summer when windows have to stay open. For me the noise wasn't much of the problem.

The room was quite big for three people. It was comfortable and bright. The bathroom was clean. The location was convenient, 7 minutes away from U-bahn station. Bike rental was near.Thete were aot of restaurants nearby.

Very nice just what we expected for a city hotel and great for the money

Bit too hot at night. Heavy door to get to our area of rooms which isn't helpful as I have a bad back. Fire alarm went off and we went down to reception where they said don't worry about it and can go back to our room and it went off again shortly after so we ignored it.

Easy to get the train to the centre of the city. No pool or spa facilities. Reception staff usually say hello. Not sure what genius benefits we had. Very clean room and friendly cleaner. Specious and light room. Great value. Very warm at night so needed to leave a window open

To stay in Berlin only due to work, I do not suggest this hotel, otherwise Highly Recommended

The light was not in the right side and the brightness was low. I traveled in Berlin in order to Business Meeting. stayed there 2 nights and needed to work. But it was dark. that is why my room was not for work.

Internet was without confirmation code and very fast. The personal of hotel was nice. Especially reception. The hotel was clean, quiet, and nice situated.

Not for me.

The hotel needs a much needed remodeling. The lobby looks tired and old. Our room was big but too noisy. Through many years of travel, I have never been to such noisy hotel. The street noise is unbearable. People on the street were arguing/talking loudly at 3:00 a.m.. Since there was no A/C in the room, we had to open the windows and traffic noise with some locals shouting at each other didn't help at all. The windows and the shades were so dirty. I don't think they were washed or cleaned for the last 25 years...

Good size room. big windows. The front desk guy was polite,although he didn't let us have our room until 2:01 p.m. because we were there before check in time....come on! we were on a long plane ride. If you have the room,why not have the customer check in a little earlier.

Comfortable budget hotel with prime access to public transport

An Ubahn station is directly next to the hotel, as well as a bus stop, making it extremely easy to get around Berlin from this location. The beds were comfortable and our window faced a nice little courtyard. The staff was professional, friendly, and quick to respond to our requests. We had trouble opening our safe, for example, and someone was at our door to help within minutes. There are several inexpensive restaurants nearby. We personally liked the Vietnamese place next door, as well as the Turkish cafe across the street. Great for coffee and a hearty breakfast. We were able to get a good (free) parking spot on the street.

Standard Hotel Experience.

The hotel is on a main street, so there is a lot of traffic noise. The evening front desk clerk was not at the front desk and would lock the door so you couldn't enter at night. When I asked him if this is how we enter at night, because the key card slot won't let you in if the door is locked, he was quite rude.

Hotel Room was spacious, and in a good location. The hotel is right outside the U-Bahn station, so it is very easy to get to by Metro/subway. The room was clean, and the beds comfy.

Great Value for the Price

No little toiletries, only a multi purpose liquid soap. I missed the shower cap and body lotion.

The room was facing the courtyard resulting in a very peaceful sleep. The room was clean modern, and comfortable.

Could do better
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

No Air conditioning and it was unbearably hot and stuffy in room, staff were not very personable or overly helpful, the bathroom was dangerous as height from the shower base to floor was high and it was difficult to exit shower safely. Elderly would not be able to use.

The room size was adequate. The breakfast spread was fine. Older staff member helped us out with transportation when we needed to get to the airport and our taxi driver left us high and dry Smoker balconies on each floor

Browse Novum Hotel City B Berlin Centrum traveller photo gallery