Reviews of Sheraton Berlin Grand Hotel Esplanade This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Lützowufer 15, Mitte, 10785 Berlin, Germany

#182 of 579 hotels in Berlin

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Deposit was much higher than the room rate

Absolutely perfect! Smiling staff, clean room, great breakfast! Good access to the city center - metro station 800 meters.

• Club Floor Room with Club Lounge Access

It is just the location. For me it is a little out of the way. Not quite in the heart of West Berlin or near any of the three centres. The services are a little tricky to reach and there is not much very close by.

I had an excellent room, it was a penthouse. Big, spacious, lots of room and the view from my balcony was lovely. I had a good nights sleep and it was very restful. The bathroom was big and the shower easy to use. Overall I was pleased with the hotel.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The stay at the hotel was good and the staff was friendly overall a good stay but the cards given by the hotel does not always work in the lift , one has to swipe multiple times . Its really annoying and almost everyone i saw in the lift struggled. I was twice not able to get into my room again i saw some other guests having the problem. Its not fun to go all the way up to your floor and walk to the room and then come down to the lobby, stand in a queue and then get your card sorted out Overall this spoiled my experience and i hope hotels like sheraton onboard new card system that almost all hotels now a days have

Staff was friendly, hotel was clean

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Staff is not helpfull. Never smile. The Bed is not maked. In the restaurant nobody heps you . We ask to repair the telephone and nobody appears. Wifi is very bad

Room and breakfast are Good

• Classic Double or Twin Room

It shows on the website indicating that there will be shuttle bus service but I called the hotel they told me they don't have it.

Everything is good.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

No shops or markets very close. If hungry, cheap food places are about 1km away in nearest metro station.Unfortunately I never eat expensive hotel restaurant meals.Berlin is heaven for 2-5€ kebab meal lovers, but none of them are close of hotel.

Very comfortable and clean place to hang on. Special thanks to high quality terrace bar.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I booked a double room and they gave us 2 single beds pushed together, 5 star hotel!?? More shockingly, they gave us 2 single duvets and when I asked for a double they said they couldnt provide that!!!! I'm pissed off thinking about it again. They also charge 9 euros to bring room service up, so my girlfriend went down to order a chocolate mousse so as not to double the price of one item and when the restaurant realised she was taking it upstairs they refused to serve her. Honestly, it felt like we were staying in a hostel with the way were treated. NEVER AGAIN.

Sauna

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The property charge a deposit which is never return, they charge £50 per night/ person which is silly as booking say that everything is included when you pay. Very upset about this because you end up paying more than you expect.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Bottled water and toiletries were not topped up on a daily basis. We ran out of both on day two. Rooms could have been tidied up and freshened up better. Appreciate that both these comments would cost hotel money but feel that a hotel of your standing should perhaps consider these points.

croissants were delicious! Breakfast very good and beds comfy. Liked large window in bedroom and more importantly that you could open windows and not have to use aircon.

• Suite with Sauna

The food is too expensive for room service, you spend some much on the rooms you expect the food to be a little more affordable it just isn't worth the money

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The concierge was miserable, I asked if he could print out my boarding cards and it was an effort, he was quite rude in his manner!!!!

The rooms were lovely, hotel was very clean and the room was spacious. The check in and check out were very smooth.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The key (card) easily got deactivated. I had to make frequent trips to the reception for reactivation The internet was very weak and frequently went off in my room (217). It was however strong in other parts of the hotel.

The cleanliness. The staff are very friendly, especially those who make up the rooms and the restaurant staff.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The pool was really ordinary and nothing 'special' and probably a little bit under the expectations but at least they had one :D complaining on a very high level!! nearest metro was about 10-15 minutes walk but easy to find..

Reception staff extremely kind and helpful!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Rooms were a generous size with all the amenities needed. Clean modern and comfortable bed, nice bed linen, complimentary water and overall a very pleasant hotel.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Pool was really small and cold, too cold for me to go in snd swim. There was also a lot of aqua aerobics classes on in an already small pool.

Excellent breakfast although it was not included Really nice terrace at the front of the hotel. Staff were helpful although when trying to phone reception or room service it took aches for anybody to answer.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Smoking at the entrance in a smokers area but it was too close to the main entry. It’s a non smoker thing.

The people make or break any hotel whether good or bad, here they were so friendly, courteous and helpful that you were a rock star guest. I know over the top but when you take the tone to look and to be real you see how these people make you feel special

Swimming pool is small.

Great service, very nice and comfortable rooms with a nice view and a very nice bar / breakfast area. Good value for money.

Nothing to complain about

We stayed at the hotel for 5 nights Good service. Polite staff in reception and breakfast restaurant. The breakfast restaurant offer a nice and rich selection of food. Also the coffee was excellent. Very convenient location. Within a short walk (1-3 km) you will reach a lot of the tourist attractions. Our room was cleaned every day, even when we some days did not get out of our room before 12.30 We will be happy to stay at this hotel again.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I was very disappointed with the hotel. I expected the service of a five star hotel, with comfortable beds, room service and sauna. Service: Was very unorganized and some members of the staff didn’t seemed trained at all to deal with the guests. One of them, instead of fixing my problem, told me in a very rude manner that I should have booked by the website of the hotel instead of through booking.com and that was the reason I was having all these problems. Beds: My partner and I were put in a room with twin beds even though I previously requested a king size bed and received an automatic response from the hotel saying everything would be settled in the moment of check in. Apparently this was one of the problems of booking via booking.com instead of their personal website. I wanted to cancel my reservation and go to another hotel but they said I had to sort my refund with booking.com and not with them. They were acting as if I did wrong to book the hotel through a website in which the hotel was announced in (?!) And that’s why they couldn’t help me. Room service: We spent half of the weekend with the phone of our room not working. I went down to reception more than once to try and solve the problem. I had to almost be rude so that they helped me out. They gave me one of the hotels mobile phones until the phone was working. We ended up not ordering anything on room service because nothing seemed very special and everything was overpriced. Sauna: They charge extra for the sauna. I told the woman at the reception that this was a disappointment for us and she let us have it for free. The way the hotel is pictured on the website is a scam. They don’t tell you half of what you need to know, like for example, that they charge extra for the sauna. And that you can’t decide before hand if your room will have twin beds or king size beds. Also that the whole hotel is a non smoking hotel. This should be know before booking!!!

When they finally gave us a king size bed instead of a twin bed it was comfortable. The sauna was ok even though you have to pay more for it.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Evening menu was good, didn’t eat breakfast in hotel, €22 bit expensive even for 5 star hotel. Club sandwich €17 but enough for 2, hamburger €17, schnitzel €20, king prawn salad €25.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The bed was a little dirty from a guest before who are food in the bed i guess. The bathroom leeds to be painted ceiling was dirty.

The ber was big and comfy big room

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The food in the hotel is expensive in comparison to the prices across the city. I would say the hotels food is equivalent or in some cases worse than what is on offer throughout the city.

Great location easy to walk into Potsdammer Platz (15mins), Reichstag + B.Gate (20mins), Museum Island (40mins) and the Tiergarten Park is essentially on the hotels door step. Comfortable beds and spacious rooms.

• Deluxe Room with City View

The pool water was a bit cold for relaxing.

The breakfast was excellent. The hotel staff was also very kindly and helpfull. A saunas world was clean, and the temperatura was high enough.

• Suite with Sauna

The downstairs pool was maybe a little small.

We stayed in one of their suites and it had a sauna in it. It was fabulous! Big spacious rooms, elegant decor and everything very neat and clean. The gym had good treadmills, and the water in the pool wasn’t too clotinated.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Deposit unnecessarily high at €50.00 per night!!! For 4 nights 2 rooms the added cost was €400.00!! Terrible and still has not been released after 24 hours later.

Close to bus services and taxis. Meals were good.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Great on the surface, friendly staff, but scratch the surface and of course it's just one more ripoff hotel for people on expenses. A glass of mediocre red wine TWENTY TWO EUROS??? Lol.

So long as you get a very cheap offer, fine.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

maybe in some places you see the hotel might soon need a refreshment but even with these small tiny things this is still my fav hotel in berlin. maybe also for this price the breakfast could be a bit better ( especially the fact the some warm dishes were served cold) but still in all cases this hotel always wins for me.

as always a great stay. hotel with a great location, great and very helpfull staff on all positions and this is why this hotel always wins! parking on the spot(so what that you have to pay, this is normal- dont expect free parking in most hotels) restaurant and great piano bar with live music and great drinks. the rooms are big, clean, beds are comfortable. bathroom has all the things it needs. great in front hotel place.

• Deluxe Room with City View

Paying extra for the use of the sauna Euros 9 each day - this should be complementary to guests given the absence of a steam room on site!

Perfect location from airport and landmarks. Also, the varied breakfast ensured that there was choice on what to have each day. Also, the staff were very friendly and professional which made the experience great! Overall, very highly recommended and will be staying there again during my travels to Berlin!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I cannot fault this hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

Wonderful hotel - very clean and conveniently located only a few minutes walk to the heart of Berlin. We chose to walk through the lovely Tiergarten from our hotel into the centre... We got to see many of the sights (e.g. Brandenburg Tor) on our walk. We enjoyed being able to make a coffee in the room and take it with us on our walks (the hotel provided free take away cups). Excellent room service; friendly staff and efficient. Importantly: We had a very late check-in (about 3am)... Check-in time was quick and friendly. Great price for the Sheraton Berlin; very much affordable. Spacious room with complimentary chocolates and water. While this Sheraton seems to cater more to business people on working trips, as holiday-goers, we found it just as lovely and convenient. We didn't really eat at the restaurant, but they do offer take away pizza from the restaurant for 8€ (you just order from your room and take the lift down to pick it up). This was a cheap and convenient option for us, especially as we were too tired to spend the night out dining. The price of items in the mini bar are expensive, as one might expect, however, you are never too far from a supermarket where you can buy your own alcohol and other snacks... or simply enjoy eating out in the centre of Berlin! Bathroom facilities are clean and modern. Maid service is efficient e.g. we would come back to our room with refreshed amenities and towels. I highly recommend the Sheraton in Berlin. One last thing, we took a late taxi to the hotel from Berlin Hauptbahnhof, which cost just under 14€ including the late night tariff.

• Deluxe Room with City View

It’s away from the city center you need car or taxi

Spacious room ,lovely river view ,and a vivid lounge bar with live piano music that was a surprise!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Restaurants and Potsdammerplatz a half hour stroll away. Alcoholic beverages a touch too expensive in hotel.

Lovely clean rooms with friendly staff. In the diplomatic quarter so felt very safe.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Cost of everything within hotel was crazy. €9 for two bottles of water and worst yet....€60 for two bowls of curry and two beers. Outrageous. I’ve never had such a shock when paying the bill in my life.

Good facilities, clean, lovely staff. Bus 100 goes from outside hotel, straight into town.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Room was too warm.. Air con didn't work great! Pool was freezing. The guy who checked us in wasn't very helpful and a bit rude! Location was a bit far from city. Food and drink over priced.. I have stayed in better three stars.. this hotel should not be a 5 star

The room was ok.. had nice outside area in hotel

• Club Floor Room with Club Lounge Access

The housekeepers were knocking on the room´s door from early morning, manytimes in the morning. Water in the pool is cold an the pool area is small.

The room is spacefull, hotel is clean, services in the Club Lounge are perfect, meal is very tasty. The possibility of choosing between room with one big bed or two separated beds is pleasfull. Interier of the hotel is really nice. There is bath and shower in the bathroom, too.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The was no info in our room about meal times....and could not use sauna.

Beds were comfy but the pillows were too soft, even with 3, with 1 of them folded did not make it any better!... disappointed that the Sauna was not included in the stay, pool was too cold for our liking, ....

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I asked for a kettle, but was told I'd have to pay room service charge The vent/overflow in the bathroom floor sometimes smelt of drains

The bed and pillows were great The fresh mineral water was nice, but would be better to have a bottle each day - not just one per room

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Only very small things - the key card was a bit temperamental in the lift and the restaurant menu could have offered more choice.

The breakfasts offered a wide choice and it was all fresh. The breakfast staff were very attentive. The overall facilities were excellent with all members of staff efficient, professional and well trained. The room was comfortable with all the expected amenities. I would definitely recommend. Also Helena the ‘trainee’ receptionist was excellent- courteous, knowledgeable and a credit to the hotel, give her a pay rise!!

• Club Floor Room with Club Lounge Access

Check in was disappointing. No mention of club room amenities and no indication where lifts were located. We think that receptionist did not realise we were in club floor as key would not work to access club lounge and had to return to get the keys re programmed. When it was clear we were having problems with key they simply watched. I had to beckon them over to help us. Breakfast was very underwhelming. Cold meats, cheese and scrambled eggs. Had to pay extra for other items which I have never experienced in other club rooms. Food in the evening was also disappointing. Pizza every night although one evening tasty meatballs were served.

Well equipped room on club floor. Bed and mattress very comfortable. Alcohol served from 6pm till 11pm which is unusual in a club lounge.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

We needed to stay 2 extra nights in Berlin quite unexpectedly. We needed a walk in shower but a standard disabled room was not available, We were courteously upgraded to a suite. You cant ask for better service than that

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I didn’t like the duvet covers as they only provide single duvets although my bed was a kinG size bed and even after I had made a request for a bigger size duvet they said they didn’t have any...so I was really cold...

I liked the breakfast

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Some of the more typical services usually included in a hotel of such category, were not, as for example the sauna, that had to be reserved and paid extra.

The accommodation was comfortable, the breakfast excellent (quantity and quality). The location perfect for a visit to the city

• Classic Double or Twin Room

It's all a bit too impersonal. The pool and spa were disappointing. There are better 4* in Berlin for that price, including breakfast

Sheraton standard and all the services you need. Very good dinner with room service. Very nice and helpful reception and concierge. Entrance is covered by an awning, which is practical for Berlin rainy days when you are waiting for your car.

• Club Floor Room with Club Lounge Access

Last time I was not happy with the SPA area. Sometimes there are aqua gym lessons and you have to stay in a small part of the swimming pool, what can be problem if you are here with children. I think that hotel guests should be prefered before other visitors of SPA. The second problem was that some people came in to SPA area in "outside" clothes and shoes, there walked around the swimming pool but the staff didn´t solve that, my oppinion is that nobody should entry this area in usual clothes and especially in the shoes.

I have visited this hotel many times. I like the nice designed lobby and spaced rooms with all the equipment you need. We always choose the room with Club Lounge. It´s very nice place where is served small breakfast, light diner and some cold and hot drinks. The meals in Club Lounge and in hotel restaurant look perfect and taste very good. The staff of reception is kind and helpful. There are garage in this hotel - parking costs 26 Euros for a day like on other places in Berlin. I can recommend this hotel for family with small children, too, because it´s not problém to get the room with two separated beds and make the comfort stay for everybody.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Television at the room is a bit small, drinks in the bar are expensive (€ 4 for a glass of water, € 9 for a bottle of water).

- Good price for what you get. Spacey and clean room. - Staff is friendly and professional - Breakfast is very good - Location is ok. Quiet part of Berlin, city centre easily reachable. - Very good live music in the hotel bar

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Coffee machine not working just changed new another one @reservation late foe server

Easy for talking bus station and tour sightseeing bus station.safe ..good porter services

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Breakfast rate at 22 euros each was too expensive so we opted to dine out for the 4 days. No milk in the room to make tea with (early grey) - had to ask at reception for some. The location wasn't as central as we had hoped for our needs.

The beds were really comfy and the room was tastefully decorated. Staff very friendly/professional and spoke good English. The indoor pool was adequate for our needs and there was two small saunas working on the day we chose to visit the spa area.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

They could have used experienced staff not student interims

It was a time of the EPCA when it is extremely crowded and they put children to the reception. Waiting time for the simplest thing was way too long and when you are travelling on business time is of great value. Wouldn't recommend.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

A little tired. Lobby could do with a big clean. Pool area was nice, but could do with a jacuzzi. Bit annoyed that you had to pay for use of sauna separately.

pleasant hotel, nice views from room. Excellent prosecco.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Internet connectivity were pretty slow. Needs to improve. Not sure whether the Air Condition were functional bcoz the room was bit humid at times.

Beds were like cloud. Breakfast was excellent.

• Deluxe Room with City View

Fantastic hotel, excellent location, just what we wanted. Two small hiccups only which weren't that important to us...the hairdryer in the bathroom didn't work and towels for only one person were left by housekeeping on our second and third day.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The lobby was a mess because of an event by Porche and was not welcoming for guests. They could have done it elsewhere or leave ample space for guests.

The staff were great. Good breakfast; if they offer you breakfast discount, take it!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Staff slow in attending to problems, I was not informed of equipment not workingb

I liked the pool Once I became familiar with the location it was easy enough to locate it was also safe. The staff were excellent, always friendly and extremely helpful

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The TV fell off the unit which was not very stable in the room and because it wouldn't work they charged us 400 euros for this and the TV itself brand new was 200 euros Maximum price

• Classic Double or Twin Room

It was quite expensive for the only two nights I was there and we had to pay for parking which was extremely expensive for the two days

The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are nice and spacious. The view from the windows was nice and the hotels accommodations overall were spectacular. The breakfast was so amazing

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The drain plug in the bath tub was broken so it was very difficult to drain the water during a shower. So the bath would just fill. Hotel staff had to fix the problem but it got stuck again after accidentally stepping on it.

Nice place for the money.

Spacious rooms. Very comfortable bed. Nice touch with the coffeemaker in the room and nice with complimentary water. The gym was much higher standard than at most hotels.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel is slightly old-school, not very modern. The breakfast could also be updated with greens/vegetable milks for example. It would satisfy older customers, but it's not the trendiest hotel. The location was not ideal either, we thought we were right in Mitte but the center is actually quite further away.

Very good quality hotel, comfortable, quiet, huge rooms, very clean and nice staff.

• Club Floor Room with Club Lounge Access

They had a coffee machine in room but only earl grey tea, the receptionist misinformed us about breakfast times in lounge she gave us the weekend times but not weekday times, we arrived late ordered the pizza it was awful and cold, for some reason staff chap your doors at 9 am to offer water ! Not good if you want a lie in !

The beds were very comfortable, we arrived at midnight and were told pizza was available in bar

• Deluxe Room with City View

Missing a real restaurant inside the hotel . The place in the lobby of the hotel , where you can eat , looks like the bar not restaurant .

Solid standard of Sheraton hotels . Nice and clean hotel . Good breakfests , incl. very tasty cofee .Would come back in the future .....

• Deluxe Room with City View

We only had breakfast at the hotel once due to the price. We paid approximately £40 for breakfast and this is certainly not worth the money unless you can eat a lot of food at that time in the morning!

The spacious and light airy bedroom. It was very quiet therefore a guaranteed good night's sleep. Staff were there to help if need be. Hotel was close to bus stops and they hired out bicycles, which was great as the city is made for cyclists and we were close to the Tiergarten.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Almost everything was fine for me. But I would say that the location is not the best. It is a bit too far west! (like it takes a 20 minute walk to get to Brandenberger gate)

Nice comfortable rooms. The facilities were all new and useful, especially the iron that I desperately needed! Service was excellent. I also liked the lobby and the cozy bar area.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The original guy at reception wasn't particularly welcoming. As it is a big hotel it lacked the friendliness and intimacy of smaller ones which we usually use. Disappointed that the sauna wasn't free.

Range and quality of food at breakfast was excellent. Superb pool. Coffee machine and free bottle of water each day was welcome. Concierge was efficient in helping with information about getting to the airport by public transport. Interesting museum of design just across the canal with nice café.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The room did have air-con but I just couldn't get it cold enough for my liking. Otherwise I have no complaints. I'll stay again.

Comfy bed, great room, quiet location within walking distance of Einstein Cafe for a great breakfast and train stations to get you where you wanna go. The staff were great, friendly, helpful and informative.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

bed pillows. need to improve offer with some thicker ones.

room was good, despite some occasional inconvenients in the bathroom, promptly solved. Extremely appreciated initiative to give us free parking as an apology for the above mentioned inconvenients.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Only restaurants/bars within 10 minutes are in hotels. Need to walk about 15 minutes for restaurants and shopping is further. However bus stops are within few minutes walk and if you have a Welcome Berlin card you have unlimited travel. Free Wifi reception patchy in room but great in public areas. Need to take adaptor for charging media.

Buffet Breakfast was very good with a lot of choice. Bed very comfortable but pillows a bit too soft for us. Lovely big room. Spa area is bright and relatively new. Pool is shaped but good enough for a decent swim. Staff are friendly and speak English. Piano bar/cocktail bar is open 5 days - closed Sunday and Monday. Great choice of drinks. Liked sitting in Atrium area for a drink. The nuts, which are complimentary, went well with the refreshment. You could get a meal there too. No view as it is entrance to hotel but undercover so you get to people watch protected from weather in an airy space.

See above.

The hotel was very clean and well run. We would have liked a kettle in our room rather than the Tassimo coffee maker but we accept this may be a quirkiness of British visitors and that continental cousins may be perfectly happy with the facilities.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The location is just a little isolated: not one restaurant, cafe, shop, bakery in a 300 m radius; at least. I had besides a constant problem with AC during the duration of my stay (5 nights) which never could be solve, for a reason I didn't really understand.

Large room, beautiful breakfast, noise isolated room.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Bit of a walk to ding shops and restaurants to eat at each day. Bike hire was very expensive and the bikes need better maintenance, buy were very convenient

Friendly staff, large room and bathroom with a bath

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Friends, in this hotel I have stolen things straight from the room, the staff does not bear any responsibility, the only thing I was advised to do was apply to the police and wait for a response from the insurance company, knowing that I had little time before departure from Berlin. I would advise everyone to spend more, but stay at a hotel where the safety of guests and their belongings is in the first place.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Needs more atmosphere/entertainment for guests.

Excellent breakfast and super friendly chefs. Odd staff member giving seating arrangements was unfriendly and abrupt. Strange deposit system of giving 50 euros a night?! Refunded at the end of stay. Other staff very helpful and friendly. An enjoyable stay and swimming/gym open very early until 10pm every day!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

If you need to use u-Bahn the stations are not on doorstep

Could walk to Brandenburg gate in 20 mins and to Kurfürstendamm in 10 mins. We didn't use a train or bus in the 4 days !

• Classic Double or Twin Room

the room didn't have air conditioner. There is not an airport shuttle.

The buffet breakfast was amazing. Rooms were clean. Gym was great. Getting to hotel by train was easy.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel doesn't have a shuttle service from the airport but taxi can easily be arranged

Friendly and courteous staff. Nice clean room. The location was convenient. There is a tour boat stop right in front of the hotel.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The Swimming pool was closed and found the free weights to be limited

Found hotel clean, staff friendly and good feel enviroment at the entrance it always felt alive

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The collusion between Booking.com and the hotel to change the room rate between hitting 'book' and confirmation coming through. Also, the hotel policy of blocking €50 per night on my credit card was very distasteful. This was not advised by booking.com nor by the hotel on check in. I had to ask reception to explain the overcharge and was told by a very unfriendly receptionist, On arrival -25th July, tall dark slim woman in her 30s - that it would have been advised by booking.com. It wasn't. I don't know another hotel group who practice this policy. We had already paid in full for the stay. A further disappointment was that when booking, a selling point on the booking.com website was that breakfast was included. When we went for breakfast we were refused it and it was only when I checked the booking again , that I discovered this had been withdrawn as we had taken the full up front payment option??? How are you allowed to change terms after acceptance of an offer. The coffee machine didn't work properly in the rooms and despite reporting it, it wasn't fixed. There was a charge for use of the sauna which was very limited and menu items were excessively expensive. We will never again stay at a Sheraton Hotel or use Boooking.com but will share our story extensively as both Organisations must be stopped in fooling us and taken our money without permission. Finally when I phoned booking.com to complain I asked the operator to refer me to a supervisor regarding the hotel cost issue and albeit she spoke to one, the supervisors refused to take my call....customer service???

Cleanliness of the room. Proximity to bus stop.

Browse Sheraton Berlin Grand Hotel Esplanade traveller photo gallery