Reviews of Hotelgarni Frankfurt This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Varrentrappstr. 73, Bockenheim, 60486 Frankfurt/Main, Germany

#13 of 17 B&Bs and Inns in Frankfurt/Main

6.1

Overall a very pleasant stay, would go again.

We had a room on the 4th floor and there is no elevator, so it was a little difficult taking all the luggage upstairs, without help.

Lovely room, great location and very clean. Breakfast was very nice.

Good value if you're on a budget, but if you're not, definitely find another hotel.

Staff members did not speak even a little bit of English, so pretty much we got a room key and we were on our own from their. Not really much else to do inside the rooms except to sleep or watch German TV shows. There's no microwave, fridge or even just a small kettle to boil water. The hotel in general was pretty outdated, including the furniture inside our room. Overall, it just had a weird & eery vibe...not sure how to explain it but I didn't like it. I would choose to stay at a different hotel if I had the choice or the money.

Good value for money if you're on a budget but also want the luxury of having a private bathroom. Location is pretty good - just about a 7 minute walk to the train station that is only one stop away from the central station.

Good place to stay, staff really nice and funny

If you arrive after 8pm, be sure you tell them in advance because there are no one during the night at reception !

Good place to stay, staff really nice and funny

Do not recommend

The staff are the worst I have ever encountered. We informed the hotel that we would not be there before 8pm. Upon arrival after finally finding the hotel as it is not signposted we could not get into the property. Another guest let us in. There was no-one at reception and the lights were off.I Called the hotel number and the man said "You are late. Someone will be there soon". A member of staff arrived a few mins later but there was no acknowledgement from her to say who she was. If I did not follow her inside I would not have know she was hotel staff. She dumped our keys on the counter shut the light and left. Not a word was said. I had to stop her to ask where to park the car. In the morning on check-out again no pleasantaries just "you were late". That is all the manager said. I do not recomend this hotel at all.

There was nothing really to like about this property.

I will probably never stay at the hotel again because it needs to be modernized.

They should make clear that the hotel lies 15 kilometers from the airport! It costs 40 EURO one-way to get there by taxi! The room was very cold and somewhat unrenovated. The floor squeaked a lot and a low window exposed the person in the room to people walking near the window. The toilet did not work and the breakfast was not welcoming.

50 Euro for a room is quite reasonable. Therefore, I liked the price of the room for a night. One of the women working at the front desk was great. It was clear that German was not her first language which put me a little more at ease talking with her. She was also very warm and friendly. Great addition to this otherwise extremely modest hotel.

It was ok for a night, but I wouldn't want to spend another night there.
    • Quadruple Room

There isn't hotel parking - it's free parking on the street, if you can find a spot. The hotel is dungy, musty and our room smelled like old cigarette smoke. The bathroom light did not work. Wi-fi was slow.

It within walking distance to the Festhalle. The receptionist told us breakfast ended at 10:00, however, it was really ended at 9:30 - we went down at 9:40 and they were cleaning-up but to the hotel's credit, they kept breakfast open and put out fresh items.

This property should be posted on trip adviser website for people not to make a mistake we made

It was the worst experience ever. We have been to different kinds of hotels but this property cannot not even be called a hotel. The room where we stayed was located on the 3 floor. It was a 1 bedroom apartment with a living room transformed into a second bedroom, curtains on the windows were very very dusty. Never been washed. Hardwood floor has never been moped. I had my socks threw out when leaving so called hotel. they were just black. Kitchen with a dirty stove which we never used, fridge which was not cleaned for a few months I guess. If you assume there could be 5 people staying in the unit how can they eat with one fork and knife only? Bathroom is a different story. The basin was dirty. The staff tried to make an impression that they cleaned the unit by taking garbage from it only and putting "fresh " towels on the bed. The last night we decided to book the taxi to the airport through the hotel staff which was fine with them they said. We booked it for 7:30 am but in fact the taxi came at 7am and asked us if we wanted him to wait for us or he would come back. We said that we booked the taxi for 7:30am. He came back at 7:30 and charged us double fee to airport telling us that he had to wait for us. Instead of paying a regular amount ( we had a taxi from the airport to the the hotel too and we knew how much it cost) we had to pay almost double more. To make this story short I would not recommend this property to no one.

Just for a short stay, quite depressing place, although clean.

When I left the room, a blonde lady told me if I was leaving and to hand her the key to the room. This was one second after closing the door, like if she was there waiting and all this with quite rough manners. Couldn't she just have asked if everything was ok or if I needed something instead of treating me like a thief or something? Really disgusting.

1- There are some free parking on the same street.

1- There are limited amount of free parking on the street. 2- The employee at the reception cannot speak English. But she tried to help. 3- The room's furniture was old and overused. 4- No A\C. 5- The room's floor was dirty

1- There are some free parking on the same street. 2- The WiFi is good. 3- The room was spacious.

Be carefull when parking - can get a fine!

Be carefull when parking! The staff gives wrong info, we've got 200 euros parking fine because were disinformed at the reception. Cockroaches in the rooms.... Disgusting!

The internet was one of the worst I've been through.

The internet was one of the worst I've been through. And the reception's attitude is intolerable. Not to mention there were 3 lights that were not working in our room.

it was kinda creepy and we didnt have a way to close the...

it was kinda creepy and we didnt have a way to close the blinds when we got there no one was there to let us in it was mid day. the room for one night was 50€ and i wouldnt pay any more than that

Great Location to explore Frankfurt

The room was a little worn out, the shade of the small window broken. There is no private parking 'at a place nearby' as announced on booking.com and parking can become very tricky, because it's in a neighborhood area with many spots for neighborhood-parking only. Yet, the hotel-owner helped me to find a public space.

Central location between the expo- and city-center, both in walking-distance. Subway station near-by.Friendly and helpful staff, good room-size, good wifi.

quite cheap price and excellent location

reception lady is beautiful but speak no English at all. quite difficult to communicate with her and can only did that by google..... no wifi connection even it shown password on the reception.....

quite cheap price and excellent location

For the price it was ok.

Parking places were announced as included, which was the main reason of booking, however one only gets after confirmation, that the parking slots are "publically available", which was not really easy to manage and led to unnecessary stress. Additionally, the window certain was so very much broken that it was literally impossible to close the window, which is not a very pleasant experience when your appartment is on the ground floor. The room was also close the the main hotel entrance and therefore with the window open the entire smoke from smoking people outside was just in the room, which for me (allergic towards smoke) was a very bad issue.

For the price it was ok. Very central location, easy to reach everything.

Weekend in Frankfurt

The woman in the reception does not speak English but only German, Romanian and Russian. If you do not know these languages, you can not communicate with her

Comfortable rooms. Fair price

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Making up prices diffrent from the ones on booking.com

Unfriendly stuff. Barely understands German, English a little bit. We stayed 1 night and wanted to stay one more, but for the second night they just made up prices even so the same price we had the night before was still available on booking.com. I dont recommend this Hotel at all.

The area in which the hotel is located is quiet and close to...

The price was overly high given that there was a big exhibition on in the city at the time. This would be true of all hotels.

The area in which the hotel is located is quiet and close to the Messe. The city centre was easily accessible by public transport. The room was quiet

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Very bad trip

Nothing was working: WI-FI, TV, radiator in the bath room, the poorest breakfast in German hôtels I have ever been. The room and bath room lightings are very poor. Bath room is old.

Situation to the Exhibition center, but you can reach it from every point in Frankfurt easily by metro

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

good place for a cheap short stay, nothing else should you expect though

Lights are broken in the bathroom. floor makes noice when you step on. Room is not at all sound proof. Have to wait a long time before the shower water turns warm. Have to use key to lock the room and the lock is so rusty that I could barely rotate my key. I feel like I always go under the risk that the key break in the key hole. Breakfast choices are poorly and coffee is even empty. Definitely not worth 7.5 euro.

Location is perfect, close to tram station, nice restaurants around, university close by. District outside is very quiet. Room is rather clean. Bed is comfortable.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Couldn't shower due to water heat and pressure issues
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Wifi was non existent. The water pressure in the shower went from freezing cold to searing hot with no change in the position of the tap. This made it impossible to have a comfortable shower.

Beds and room were clean

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

The property is a ten minute walk from the Frankfurter Messe...

When I arrived, I found that the television in the room did not work. I reported this to reception. I was told someone would fix it the following day or I would be able to switch rooms. The TV however remained inoperative for my entire stay and I was not offered another room. I opted not to pursue the matter further. I had the wifi to stream TV anyway. My greatest complaint about room 105 is the distinct lack of electrical sockets and the clear safety issues with the sockets that ARE in that room. There are no sockets near to the bed. I asked for an extention lead. One could not be provided. There are three sockets in the room, two of which are hanging loose from the wall - the one behind the television and the one in the bathroom. The only other socket in the room is next to the entrance door to the room, and from that came a blue spark of energy whenever I plugged something into it. The hotel needs to have all sockets should be checked by an electrician ASAP.

The property is a ten minute walk from the Frankfurter Messe (trade fair), but 20 - 30 minutes on foot from the city centre. That said, the hotel is well connected to public transport; Varrentrappstraße tram stop is two minutes' walk from the hotel. Lines 16 and 17 serve the Hauptbahnhof at regular intervals every few minutes until well past midnight. There are various restaurants near to the hotel, though I did not eat in any of them. I was in room 105, on the ground floor. The double bed is very comfortable. The shower is excellent. The hotel even provides soap dispensers at the sink and in the shower; this is extremely rare amongst budget hotels. Best of all, for me at least, there is an excellent strong & fast wifi connection. All in all, for the price I paid (154€ for a five night stay), I would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Nice old style room

As the toilet system is old, even though the bathroom was clean, it was a bit smelly. Old building, so no elevator. It's a con if you are carrying heavy luggage.

Excellent big room, including a small kitchen. Nice for long stays and big groups.

Not for the business traveler.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Since the front door is always locked and there is not always a person in the office area, it would be good if the 'doorbell' actually rang somewhere where someone might hear it and respond. The lack of an elevator is a real problem. Advertises itself as a 'Bed and Breakfast' but serving of breakfast is at the discretion of management and not necessarily every day from 6:30am to 9:30am as advertised. No good working space or chair to sit in to work. Threadbare towels and sit-down shower. Apartment looked nothing like pictures on web site. Wi-fi worked fine one night and that passwords wouldn't work after that. Finally, I've rarely come across a hotel where there is only one room key available, much less an apartment being shared by two people. This might work for a family on a budget that wants a short vacation in Frankfurt but for a person working the Book Fair, it was kind of a nightmare.

It was relatively inexpensive and close to the Messe and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Be careful.

Hotel with parking - this is what description on booking.com says. When I was making reservation I asked them to make sure I will have parking place. When I arrived, receptionist told me I can (must?) park on the other side of the street, and it is free. Result? I got fined by the police for parking in forbidden place. Good that they didn't took my car...

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

View from balcony.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The property closed mid day (1200-1700), could not leave luggage for the day. No elevator but staffed assisted with carrying luggage.

View from balcony. Spacious quarters.

Creaky floor, "thin" walls, no parking (temporary...

Creaky floor, "thin" walls, no parking (temporary you may park on the hotel property in front of the entrance). It was difficult to find a legal place for parking in the closest neighborhood. Attention! You need a green vignette for driving into the city center. I didn't have it...

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Good location if going to the "Frankfurter Messe" but no private parking available.

Attention, this hotel announces that free parking is available, that's not what you expect, since you have to search for a public parking lot on the street. There's a big difference between this and "free parking" available.

Staff was nice. Breakfast is fair. Tram and metro quite near.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Room was more spacious than expected, equipped with a fridge...

Room was in the basement. Bed was really bad, way too soft. Walls don't block any noise at all. Heard the neighbours breath in the night and the staff preparing breakfast next door in the morning. No sleep.

Room was more spacious than expected, equipped with a fridge and comfortable seating area.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Not bad but expected more
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

No lift - apartment on the top floor. The leaking pipe in the kitchen. TV not working in one room (no signal). In description promised iron in room but we had to get it from reception.

Good location, close to tram stop and main station. Clean towels next day. Comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Good location.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The furniture was out of date and the washroom was too small. Also the electromagnetic oven was poor to use.

Good location. It took us only 2 mins walking to the tram stop. It was very quiet in the neighborhood and the temperature was nice so we slept very well (for 3 days). It was convenient for a family like us to cook.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Fantastic value for money for family aprtment near tube and skyline plaza shopping
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

We arrived earlier than time we thought on a Sunday and there was no one there to let us in so needed to wait around for 2 hours (which we tried to fill in shopping centre nearby but on Sunday pm everything was closed apart from a couple of coffee shops.

Size of the two bedroom apartment was fantastic for a family and the distance to metro to get into Frankfurt as well as the skyline plaza I. Walking distance was brilliant.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Got a whole 2 bedroom apartment with kitchen and dining...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

There where now place to hang cloths or coats. The arrangement for the shower (curtain in the bathtub) was rather annoying.

Got a whole 2 bedroom apartment with kitchen and dining room, so there was plenty of space for our family.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Although a little far from city center , but you can take...

My room is on basement ,so the wifi connection is bad !

Although a little far from city center , but you can take tram or subway to center . This is a nice 、quiet and safe place . it suits for single female .

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Cozy and affordable, perfect for a couple!

Everything was great! No bad comments to post.

I loved the apartment, it had a kitchen, a living room and a nice bathroom. Very well distributed. Location was very good too.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Spacious apartment
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Floor was week at some points, felt like we could fall through. Breakfast was expensive. Very little knives, forks, pans etc in the kitchen

Spacious apartment

Big room and bathroom, very clean, quiet neighbourhood76

Big room and bathroom, very clean, quiet neighbourhood76

No tea or coffee facilities.

No tea or coffee facilities.

6.0
    street parking only ..and parking fines apply ..i know ..got one

no parking ..,street parking only if you can find

value for money

The Room

They were not flexible with timings and no baggage facility

The Room

Ok for the emergency situations, but otherwise I would not...

Ok for the emergency situations, but otherwise I would not recomend this

My stay was comfortable and place z conveniently located

The room was comfortable and the heating was gd especially the washroom facilities

It's fair

The location is good, not fat from the center, but the street is very quiet

It would be better if the staff speak English and and internet accession be improved.
    • Quadruple Room

The staff does not speak English. No internet accesion in the room on third floor

No water in pipes

No water in pipes

Overall a tidy hotel. Average on facilities and its comfortability. Good location.

Beds .

Staff's friendliness and Hotel is tidy.

The location was perfect for me.

The room.

The location was perfect for me.

Just a local hotel

The WiFi is so weak it didn’t work in my room!

Toiletts

No space and no chance if you would like to leave your...

No space and no chance if you would like to leave your luggage for a while.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Best value for money

Best value for money, it had all we needed (even more-we booked the double room and got the whole two rooms apartment)

The location was quiet enough.

The room stinked alittle bit

The location was quiet enough.

Everything else.

Comfortable place ; would need some getting used to though !

A bit more of a helpful person at the reception would be nice ! Asked if printing a boarding pass would be possible - and got a curt no !

Cosy room

Good value for money, at good location, good for a few nights!

Old rooms, no wardrobe

Good location, value for money

Good for short stay
    • Quadruple Room

Old rooms, not clean, poor breakfast

In the center of frankfurt

Quite small and unobtrusive hotel.

Quite small and unobtrusive hotel.

Basic room for a basic price

We were in a basement room so when breakfast started we were woken up by the sound.

Good location near the Tram.

Nice furniture.

It is hard to enter the hotel when one arives: One should come to idea to press the ringer button...

Nice furniture.

The wi-fi was rarely working and slow.

The wi-fi was rarely working and slow.

acceptable for the price

noise

location.

Location friendly staff

Bathroom old system

Location friendly staff

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

budget

no parking if you travel with car,reception is closed early and if you arrive later you have to wait someone to open.

location,good for one night

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Good bed for little Money, big Service!

Great Service, simple standard but clean!

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Terrible hotel

The worst hotel I have been in my life!!!! Three stars hotel??? Is it a joke???

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

low budget place for people with no expectations

Poor Interieur and not really clean.

The Location was good. Free parking, as Long as space was available.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Big apartment
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

no cutlery, plates in kitchen

Big apartment

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Bed had a bad smell.

Bed had a bad smell. there was no darkening system on Windows.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Lovely cozy hotel in Frankfurt

Very comfy bed , lovely room

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Good Garni

No big mirror

Nice place. Comfort. Value for money

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Great location in Bockenheim.

Breakfast vey simple.

Great location and value for money.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

good access to trade fair
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

dishes and glasses were left in dishwasher. oven was not cleaned after usage.

spacy rooms. location near to tram stop. not so far from center.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

hotel

staff do not speak English, room was in the basement, the bed was broken

good wifi.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Great Value for Money

Location, cleanliness, balcony

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Nice hotel in a quiet area

There could have been a fridge in the room. Sometimes internet is slow.

Good location, close to tram and U-bahn stations, quiet area, good facilities

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

very good

A little far from the train station.

very good