Reviews of H'Otello B'01 This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Baaderstraße 1, Ludwigsvorstadt, 80469 Munich, Germany

#145 of 349 hotels in Munich

Great Area, nice furniture but services are not at a 4 star hotel standard.

Since I started to be a guest of this hotel back in 2015, prices have increased uncontrolled. This last time I payed 200 € for a room without the breakfast and for this price you can find much better deals in town( Hotel Cortina for instance) . Also this being at least the 10th time going to the same hotel I think that to have lukewarm water in the room for 3.50 euros instead of being complimentary is really a bad service, definitely not a 4 star service. In addition to that for the first time they assigned me a room on the street so it was noisy and very hot. I asked if they have any loyalty company now that I live in Zürich and therefore I will visit more often the city, but they said they don't. Not having a customer relationship management program nowadays is not a good service , especially because we customer, we would like to be taken into consideration just as much as we like to consider our favourite hotels when we do our bookings. On a last note, now even budget chains like Accor or holiday inn offer different kind of choices for pillows: please find a solution to yours as they are small and not "full" enough for a good sleep.

In my previous company H'otello used to be my go-to hotel for Munich business trip. Now that I move to Zürich to a different company I have decided to still keep this as my Munich choice because the area is absolutely stunning since it's on a walking distance to the main attractions in the downtown, and you can reach every place from the airport to central station just with a few train or subway stops.

Good location.

No air conditioning. First time I ever paid 200 € / night for a room without air conditioning. Poor selection at breakfast. Which wasn't even included in the price...

Good location. Very near to city center.

Perfect location to and from the airport, right next to S8...

Street noise in the room, but closing the windows is enough. Absence of airconditioning (might get too warm in summer).

Perfect location to and from the airport, right next to S8 stop (direct train to MUC, 30min). Very clean and modern. Competent and quick personnel.

Excellent location.

Rooms are too small, not even space for a wardrobe. No air conditioning except on the top 2 floors, where it doesn't work anyway.

Excellent location. Staff very friendly and relaxed.

Ideal for a 3 night stay to see the main city sights.

It was in need of some drawers in the bedroom for storing clothes.

The position in the city was great because we could walk to everything and there were cafes nearby for breakfast.

Not a great value, but the location is ideal.

Rooms were not very clean, one day our room was totally skipped for service and the room for being “deluxe” was small even by European standards. The cost for our stay could’ve been better spent at a bigger name hotel and we would’ve had more value for our money.

The hotel is in a great location, only a five minute walk to the Marienplatz and the Deutsches Museum.

Ok

Too hard bed. Small packages of soap etc. WIFI only in room, overall too small for the price, not a feeling of a 4 star hotel

Lovely staff at the reception,

I believe the hotel is not worth the cost !!

never get room at 5th floor , they are small attic room . there is no refrigerator in any of the rooms too!! I believe the hotel is not worth the cost !!

The rooms are cozy with big windows opening to a nice...

The rooms are cozy with big windows opening to a nice courtyard. The staff is friendly and seem to enjoy their work. The rooms are clean and well designed.

Small, efficient, and well-appointed hotel just outside the city wall.

Space was tight. It crossed my mind that if there had been a little stool or something slipped out of the way under the bathroom sink, I would have pulled it out and used it to store a few things.

I picked this hotel after reading about it in the Monocle guide to Munich. My room was smaller than I'd expected but overall I realized it was better appointed than I first realized (nice Gubi lamps, very soft bed). The price I got through Booking.com was fantastic, huge saving. The staff were extremely kind. The bar in the lobby is actually quite nice, and has wifi. I'm surprised it's not more frequented. The breakfast was surprisingly good. The location was excellent. I stayed only a short while but was able to walk everywhere. Overall a good experience.

We enjoyed our stay and the hotel concierge, Raluca, was...

I like a cup of tea in the evening so my only recommendation would be to add tea/coffee kettles in the rooms.

We enjoyed our stay and the hotel concierge, Raluca, was just fab! She was extremely helpful and friendly, and gave us some great recommendations for dining and places to visit.

The closet was really small.

The closet was really small. There was no space available to place the luggage. One day the cleaners did not service our room. Only later in the afternoon they knocked on the door, but we had already returned.

Nice modern hotel in excellent location.

Room a little small but still comfortable.

Great location near the centre of Munich with all easily walk-able. Modern rooms with helpful staff. Parking station across the hotel for parking provided at a lower rate for hotel guests.

Very good location just outside Munich's inner ring.

Bedrooms are quite small compared to other hotels but this was not a problem as we were not in Munich to spend the day inside our bedroom.

Amazing staff, perfect location, easy parking on the commencial gallery across the street.

We will not come back

The room is tiny with tiny bathroom. We made a reservation for a room with 2 adults and 1 kid. When we arrived we got a room with only 1 double bed and almost no space to walk around. The lady at the check-in wasn’t very resourceful or customer oriented either.

the location

Great staff and easy to get to city center !

Quite small room but we didn’t feel uncomfortable as we stayed in the room only to sleep

Great hotel staff ! The lady on reception was super helpful! Breakfast was very good.

Nice find in the center of Munich.

Nothing. We really enjoyed our stay.

Great location just off the Isartor. Everything you need for a pleasant stay in Munich. Good price, clean rooms, friendly staff.

Good location, very welcoming & helpful staff.

Slightly odd position of wc and angled wall made for odd seating ! Bathroom was otherwise good.

Good location, very welcoming & helpful staff. Attractive decor , cleanliness, bed comfy.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Overnight in Munich

Had some trouble connecting to wifi. There was no door on the washroom, which was awkward.

The location was amazing. Very close to the metro so it is easy to get to the airport. A very short walk to the center where the Christmas market and attractions are. Room was very clean.

Overall good!

One negative point: one of the 2 rooms we booked was up in the attic with the double bed pushed against the wall and a sloping ceiling so you couldn't be upright in most of the room. The same price was charged by you for both rooms. When we questioned the hotel they said that if we had booked direct we would have got the attic room for a cheaper price than the other room next time I'll be booking with the hotel direct!

Great location, nice, small, clean rooms and friendly staff

We weren't disappointed, but the rooms are really small. It was not quite visible on the pictures of the hotel at Booking.com, so keep it in mind. But it has everything you needed and it was really nice equipped.

We went to Philharmonie Gasteig and this hotel is just few minutes away from the place. So it was a great choice. And it is also not far from the central station, which is app. 20 minutes by feet. The hotel is very nice and clean and the staff is very friendly. Beds are excellent and the place is really quiet.

Small rooms, no fridge, good location tho

We turned up to check-in after booking online, and was told that there was definitely no rooms available, we then made other arr arrangements for a different hotel, and was told that our room had suddenly become available. The staff here wouldn’t cancel our booking even tho it was their mistake. There is no fridge in the room, and the room was very tiny, and had a steep slant so anyone tall would hit their head on the ceiling.

The location was great, the bed was comfy

Wonderful Staff and Super Clean Hotel

Room was much smaller than expected, but we weren't visiting Munich to stay in the room all day. It was a last minute reservation and the hotel was nearly full, so I'm sure most of the rooms are larger than ours. No other complaints.

Extremely clean with a nice location. Nice size shower. Easy walk to Marienplatz. Front desk staff during every shift was fantastic... extra friendly, and very helpful. Had a very quiet room looking at the courtyard.

Excellent hotel and amazing value for money during Octoberfest

Breakfast boiled eggs were stone cold. Bathroom had some long hairs that didn't belong to me

The staff is super friendly and informative, breakfast was super Room was excellent and bathroom as well (

Small rooms that you cannot even go around the bed You cannot get the elevator from the ground floor you have to Ascend the stairs then you get the elevator There is only one employee in the whole hotel and he works everything reception answering phones and do the housekeeping , other things

Location is great, staff friendly and the rooms were super...

No air conditioning and courtyard outside rear facing rooms is really noisy all night.

Location is great, staff friendly and the rooms were super clean.

Not only was the hotel well located and comfortable but when...

Not only was the hotel well located and comfortable but when I was ill there the staff were extremely helpful and bent over backwards to help - thank you so much!

Stylish stay in the heart of Munich

rooms are very small

Very stylish and modern Hotel in great location with very friendly and helpful staff. Parking available at parking garage across the street at discounted rate (13EUR/day)

Modern hotel but basic facilities for the price

Very basic facilities for the price, you can see they are cost-slashing to optimise the yield per room... No minibar, no tea and coffee in room, lack of furniture (tiny bedside table) and amenities, smallish rooms, only one receptionist so sometimes requiring to wait etc. Steps to the lift are inconvenient for people with luggage, a ramp would be nice.

Nice modern hotel, well-located close to Isartor station and to all the attractions of the city centre. Receptionist very friendly, gave lots of advice and helped sort out some issues when the wi-fi wasn't working properly.

Ideal central hotel in Munich

Requested 2 quiet rooms after long flight from Australia and delighted with attic rooms on 7th floor which were very quiet. Good breakfast, excellent access from airport with train to nearby S Bahn and easy stroll to Marienplatz.

Nice hotel, and good location.

It was hard to open the window and get around the bed.

The room was a little small, but very clean. The staff was wonderful. The court yard was very nice and quiet. There is no air-conditioner, so I did ask for a fan. The room was nice in cool at the end of June. If you walk one way, you are more in the residential area of Munich. If you walk a different way, you are in the center of tourism with in about 4-5 blocks. I always felt safe.

No airconditioning lower floors! Terrible night! Stay away during warm summer days

No air conditioning!! I had room 001 on the ground floor to the apartment buildings court yard. At 30 degrees Celsius outside, the room was about 28!! There is a thermostat but staff told me it is only for heating. Air conditioning only on the 4th and 5 th floor. ?! Why? Lots of summer days in Munich are around 29 to 30 degrees Celsius. It was unbearable. They didnt have a room at the higher levels. In the evening I had to open the window, which is a safety risk, since anyone from the court yard can jump right in during the night. Since it is a closed court yard there was no breeze, so it took until 1 am until somewhat acceptable temperature to sleep, even without any sheet or blanket. BUT!!! In addition to that: 1.5 m from the window is the rubbish container for the apartments. It was used until 23.00. Banging noise, with stinky rubbish smell for 10 Minutes after every time... There is ventilation tube making sleep disturbing rumbling noises every 40 Min or so....The door buzzer to the apartment building with entrances in the courtyard is very loud and woke me up about 4 x until 1.40 am....When people enter the apartment entrance from the court yard, the door slams incredibly loud and there is an echo in the yard, also until 1.30....At 5.30 there was an old lady talking to herself in the court yard, I woke up from it....and then at 6 am the kitchen staff to the Hotel arrived and their entrance is 1 meter from the room window. They were loudly chatting, banging dishes, also having to leave their door open due to temperature even at 6 am. All in all I slept 3 hours. The worst hotel night I have had, since my day in overcrowded party youth hotels. This was definitely not worth money for a 4 Star hotel. I am sure in winter when the temperature is no problem and the perfectly sound proof window can be left closed, this is a very nice hotel. But the point was to pay for a good night sleep. Definitely, that was not provided. They should have paid me to stay there.

Great Location, friendly staff, clean, nice interior, the room style was also perfectly nice and fitting. Great breakfast (though 15 euros extra, but worth it).

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

the property and is nicely designed - modern and minimalist

The room is small and has only the most necessary amenities (not even coffee making facility) Our room was facing the street. With the window closed it had great sound-protection, but with the window open, it was too noisy. There is no air conditioning and it was a bit too warm in the room; an open window would have helped but then the street noise prevented that.

the property and is nicely designed - modern and minimalist While there is no parking on the property, there is a public car park just across the street and a day's parking was only 13 Euros which can be paid at the hotel's reception

XXX-small rooms for couples & families with kids!

The reason behind my low rating: Our room was XXX-small (esp. for a family with a 2 yo child) - nothing really similar to what it is shown on the booking.com site photos... As a result we are offered free breakfast and 10% discount but I would rather prefer staying in the room that was presented in the photos.

Friendly staff, good location

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Perfect location & staff

I didn't mind since I went to Munich for Easter break, but probably on Summer since it doesn't have air conditioning can get a little hot to sleep.

Perfect location, excellent staff, quiet, beautiful room, the neighbors where also quiet and it had a beautiful view of an interior patio, the room was clean very well. I would definitely choose again H'Otello B'01 for my visits in Munich during cold seasons.

Excellent location, Modern and Clean!

The only comment is that the rooms are tight, but if for two people who are a little bit organized shouldn't be an issue.

This hotel is located in a great area, is it only a 10min to the city center (Marienplatz) and 3 min by Train. You can easily go around to anywhere in Munich via train with the station 1 minute away from the hotel. The hotel is modern and extremely clean, the staff are nice and helpful. There are a number of restaurants and cafes right next to the hotel, I highly recommend ' hans im glück ', good food and great atmosphere!

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

A great hotel for a weekend stay.

A great hotel for a weekend stay. The rooms are a bit small but the localization is perfect. A 10 min walk from the town hall. The breakfast was very good and diversified. Great coffee! Very kind and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Location is super!

House keeping aren't very efficient

Location is super! Hotel is simple and nice. Breakfast is good. Rooms are of adequate size and new! Bathroom is very good too! Will definitely visit again!

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Good place to stay

Room service is absent, rooms are rather small. In the room there is no bathgown and slippers, blanket is small

Staff is very friendly, good breakfast with variety of choice. Room is clean and cozy. Perfect location

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Comfortable stay

In-room and hotel facilities were quite lacking. (e.g amenities, food other than breakfast, tea making facilities, room service, etc.)

Clean, modern and cozy room, with good concierge service and located in a central area.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Business traveler

They must install air condition in all the rooms for the summer. Great renovated hotel but needs Air con!!

Very good location, renovated hotel, very polite staff and good breakfast !! I will be back !

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Clean and well located

Couldn't control the climate of the room and there is no fridge. I have never had a room without a fridge. Where do you put the water, wine and cheese. Very strange

Great location and clean and comfortable. Staff very nice

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Very good option in a very good location

Wifi is available in rooms but not in the lobby

Great location, within walking distance of several shops, restaurants, and cafes Staff is very friendly Rooms are clean

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Excellent location.

Hallways were noisy during the early hours of the morning. Difficult to sleep past 6-7am since the staff seemed to be working the rooms early.

Excellent location. Breakfast was a great value.

Great little boutique hotel in a central location in Munich

We booked one of the cheapest rooms and the room was very small. The Double bed also had two single duvet covers on it and I would have preferred one double duvet cover instead, it was a bit odd! Other than that, all excellent.

Location, general atmosphere and staff were all excellent. The hotel had a modern, stylish feel to it and the bar was great too. The staff recommended lots of great places to eat, drink and visit and we thoroughly enjoyed our bike ride using the maps and bikes provided by the hotel

Perfect location to explore Munich

Room was incredibly compact as it was in the eaves on the 7th floor, our friends who were staying with is were in a lot larger rooms so ask for another floor if you are tall.

Really central location, can walk everywhere, incredibly easy to get to and from the airport and the hotel is very modern. Staff are really fantastic too.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Very nice Hotel in sentral Munich

Small but efficient rooms.

This is a small and cosy hotel. A short walking distance from Marienplats, which is where you want to be in Munich. Very clean and tidy. Serviceminded staff and a nice bar area.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

perfect location perfect price

a bottle of water in the room was not complimentary and the bathroom does not have a door

location was perfect, room was clean and cosy, bathroom was very modern and comfortable, affordable price, friendly and helpful personel, free welcome drink

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Great with some remarks

Room was still not tide up at 1400 and travelling with a 3yrs old we had to be back for afternoon nap. It was unpleasant to find not clean and missing of shampoo.

Great locations and very new facility

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Great location, smaller rooms

The standard room is just too small. The end of the bed is too close to the wall, so everybody leaves marks on the wall. Something that you might know from youth hostels.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Great hotel, conveniently located!

Great location near the old pedestrian zone, near the Glockenspiel and Viktualien market. There was a parking garage right across the street and breakfast was lovely.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Comfortable room but little more.

Technical issue with TV. Only hotel solution: unplug and plug back in. Unsuccessful. No late night catering in hotel (or locally). Staff could not suggest any option other than McDonald's (after 11pm).

Staff were friendly just not so helpful. Room seemed to be recently refurbished.

Location and comfortable

Location and comfortable

Super comfy bed

Bea the receptionist was very helpful and very nice and welcoming!

No aircon No fridge Rooms are too small for a couple No space to place even one luggage

Location Nice shower

The room does not have air conditioner

The room does not have air conditioner

Great Hotel in quiet Munich location

Location within walking distance of Munich attractions. Room and bed were very comfortable. Friendly staff with good advice on local restaurant.

Perfect for short stay

Pillows could be more comfortable

Amazing location, optimal for short stays.

All good

All good

Breakfast was good, nice and quiet room - but hot without AC

Breakfast was good, nice and quiet room - but hot without AC

Munich

Small flight of stairs to elevator.

Good location! Modern rooms! A/C!

Staff are very helpful

No air conditioning

Staff are very helpful

Good

The bedding and pillows

Exceptional clean rooms, nice furniture

Exceptional clean rooms, nice furniture

Housekeeping knocking at my door at 8.

Housekeeping knocking at my door at 8.10 in the morning - they should know which rooms are ready to be cleaned already.

would definitely stay there again!

lovely hotel, perfect location!

Perfect location, very good service. Comfortable room for one people.

very friendly staff

A super uncomplicated city location from where you can explore all of Munich in no time with best re

All was perfect

Super location 5 min from victualien market Extremely friendly staff Clean and modern rooms and baths

Room could've been a bit bigger

Every things was great

Every things was great

Good breakfast

Limited vending options

Good breakfast

New, quiet and comfortable

I had the room facing the street, but it was super quiet and warm and comfortable - slept like a baby. The breakfast was great.

Great location, clean and tidy rooms

Great location, clean and tidy rooms

For the price I paid, I found the room very small

Room small and characterless

Good WiFi

Pleasant stay

Little space in room

Good location, near the Viktualienmarkt and the center, well connected to the tram. Quiet and modern hotel.

Browse H'Otello B'01 traveller photo gallery